PDA

View Full Version : By The Gods OOC

Fire Fairy
08-20-2010, 08:56 PM
One day you wake up and feel like everything about your life has changed overnight. You feel like someone's calling you. Specially in your dreams. You've been having weird dreams about Greek gods and goddesses. They're trying to find you. And suddenly you find out you're a demigod. Yes, half god, half human. You once had a god parent and now he/she is trying to reach you.

Also, there are others like you. Other demigods who may or may not know their 'fate' yet. And all demigods are brought to an island to train. Training is needed for various reasons, but of course the main one is to fight monsters that lurke in the real world. Humans can't see them, you need to be a demigod to do so. These monsters are very dangerous creatures to humans and demigods alike. They need to be found and destroyed. What will youd do? Follow your destiny or choose your own path?

Rules:
- No g-modding
- No killing off anyone's character without their permission
- Decent posts (a paragrah at least; 5-7 sentences)
- Romance is ok, but keep it PG-13
- Have fun. =]

Also...
Since Poseidon, Hades, and Zeus are the most powerful gods, I chose not to let anyone be their children. So, you can pick any other god, but those three main ones.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Appareance: [Description or picture is fine]
Personality: [at least a paragraph, please]
Bio: [optional; you can let it evolve in the rp if you want]
God parent: [pretty self explanatory]
Other: [anything I missed]

You can fill out the character sheet if you're interested and post them here.

Here's mine:

Name: Rebecca White

Appareance: http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa206/PanicItsAmber/Korbynn.jpg

Personality: Rebecca can be shy at times, but can hold a conversation once she gets comfortable with someone. She also likes to study and have fun as much as possible. She likes to meet new people and make friends wherever she goes. Sometimes, she can be a little controlling and she likes to have everything her way. But she's very caring and looks out for her friends. She's also very careful with her friends. She has a hard time keeping secrets and tends to talk a lot.

Bio: Rebecca grew up with only her father because she doesn't know what happened to her mother. She left when Rebecca was only a few months old, and Rebecca never knew what she looked like. She has a few memories, but nothing really clear. Sometimes she wonders if she would ever see her mother again. But her dad always took care of her and gave her everything she needed.

Once she graduated from High School, she moved out of her dad's house and moved into an apartment near her college. She goes three days a week to classes, and works at a library when she's not at school.

God parent: Athena

Other: N/A. (for now)

Bia
08-20-2010, 09:19 PM
is this based of PJ&tO?

EDIT: also, what about having parents such as Poseidon, Hades, and Zeus? Those people would be quite powerful and it would be hard not to god-mod.

Fire Fairy
08-21-2010, 03:38 PM
Yeah, it is. And well, I guess that is true. I guess that could be hard. >.>

Bia
08-21-2010, 03:44 PM
So I think you could either like make it so no one can be those demi-gods. Or make it so everyone is....just food for thought.

In any case, I plan on joining :)

Jesht
08-21-2010, 06:33 PM
I think I shall join this once I think of a character :) About the gods, well, god-modding ... Everyone's a demi-god, so that lowers the power difference somewhat, and people could always co-post, which would mean any possible god-modding would be negotiated?

Fire Fairy
08-22-2010, 12:47 AM
Yeah, I thought about adding the thing about NOT picking any of those gods. I'll do that right now. ^_^

But other than that, go ahead and join. :D

Bia
08-22-2010, 01:50 AM
Name: Vera Cortez

Appareance: http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs41/f/2009/030/f/d/Green_Blonde_Hair_by_kuebicore.jpg

Personality: Vera is gorgeous, and she knows it. She isn't as smug as you might expect, but she isn't blind to how she looks. She knows the effect she has on people. She has always been a hopeless romantic, holding out for that one special boy (which, theres not many in high school) and because of that hasn't ever been in a very serious relationship. She is very loving and compassionate, never looking down on anybody, and takes great care in her appearance, she always wants to look her best. However, she does have a little bit of a rebellious side, which comes out in the lime green stripe she keeps in her bright blonde hair.

Bio: (This will be brief, I will save the details for the rp) Vera grew up with only her dad in a typical New York City apartment. She has never been good in school but has gotten through with the help of all to willing tutors. She chose not to go to college, her dyslexia made any school setting nearly a nightmare. And instead works part-time at a piercing shop, where she pierce's about 50 ears/eyebrows/lips/bellybuttons daily.

God parent: Aphrodite

Other: N/A

Auki
08-22-2010, 09:35 AM
Hey there~ C:
If you're looking for members, why not submit this roleplay for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905), put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?
:kailya:

babbies123
08-25-2010, 12:58 PM
Name:Armedeus
Appareance: http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d7/mr_e_s/IMG_8573.png
Personality: Airy, calm, up for a laugh,optimistic.Lies to look on the bright side. Beleives in getting the job done, and getting it done right.Slightly OC.
Bio: You don't want to know. Yet.
God parent: Apollo.
Other: Not a bad cook.

Hunter
08-25-2010, 02:39 PM
Name: Hunter
Appareance:
http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww246/errcalovespurple/images1.jpg
Personality: Hunter is a kind-hearted person.She tries her best to cheer up her friends when their down.
She mostly curious and always wants to find out new things.At times she can be serious and mildly cold and brutal.You can always find her taking a nap or spacing out.She isn't the brightest light-bulb there is but she knows what's right from wrong.Hunter loves animals and any creature that walks the planet.

Bio: Hunter grew up in the woods.She doesn't remember most of her past because of a car accident from when she was 10.She was told that her parents died in the crash and Hunter survived with fatal injures and memory loss.Every since she has wondering what her parents were like.She works in a Restaurant as a waitress with fair wage,enough to keep herself going.

God parent: Artemis
Other: N/A for now.

Vampirequeen
08-26-2010, 09:34 PM
Name: Luna Grant
Appearance: Tall, with long brown hair and gold eyes. Wears dresses or skirts.
Personality: Luna is a very calm and cheerful individual. She is very rarely bothered by things.
Bio: To be determined later.
God Parent: Apollo
Other: Luna is very talented with music and ceramics. She plays the piano and the viola (like I do).

Titagi
08-28-2010, 03:15 AM
Name:Titagi (tee-tah-gee) Raigo(Rah-go)
Appareance: http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll129/Tearsofblood33/Japanese/Girl.jpg
Personality: She is very out going and loves to play around with her friends. She can be a little mean but she just sees it as being truthful or blunt. Titagi doesn't have a short temper but when you piss her off she will let you know it in a heartbeat. She doesn't like to get mad though.
Bio: Titagi grew up in America even though her Father is from Japan. She would always ask her dad about her mother but he always blew off the question. As she got older she thought she and her dad had a bad relationship until in her dreams she saw Hera, reaching out to her.
God parent: Hera
Other: Tends to always have a piece of candy

VerVolf
08-28-2010, 10:08 AM
Do you have room for one more? I'm trying to get back into Roleplaying here. :)

Logan Pearce
http://www.hji.co.uk/hjimages/images/qhs184/hji/medium/2006-men-red.jpg

Personality
For those that do not know him, Logan is almost instantly summed up with one word. Aggressive. Almost anything can make him angry, often lashing out unintentionally and in some cases proving that his bite is worse than his bark. It is something that he cannot stand about himself, and will often kick himself after doing so. Aside from this, he lacks the social skills to say sorry, having never needed to say so to anyone face-to-face. In turn, this makes him angry again, and the vicious circle continues.

Not every ounce of his personality is built on this, however, and those that can put up with him (or that he can put up with!) will often witness his loyalty and abillity to stand up for just about anyone.

Although it is almost completely impossible to see, most of Logan's emotions are time spent feeling upset. This is disguised very well, however, and almost everyone mistakes his feelings for anger.

Bio
(Intentionally tiny, as it would be a true victory to anyone who can get him to tell them.)
He was born in the UK, however immigrated with his family to the US by the time he was six. Always getting into trouble at school, many did not see that the trouble he was getting into was due to Logan protecting his friends. The school bully stopped going to that part of the playground thanks to him, and this stuck. When he was nineteen, his little brother hit a bad spot due to the death of a childhood friend. He died a few months later.

Since then Logan has lived on his own, working as a bike mechanic and is still getting in trouble with the law.

God Parent
Ares

Other
Logan can always be seen wearing a pair of dog-tags around his neck.

Fire Fairy
08-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Hm, alright. I really like everyone's characters. This is going to be fun. All accepted. :)

We'll start as soon as we have at least ten people. We have seven so far.

Bia
08-28-2010, 09:57 PM
I'd like to point out that Artemis took a vow to never "become a woman" and have never "done it" with any man and couldn't have had children.

And Hera was the goddess of marriage and loyalty and would never have children with anyone other than Zeus...

So I think those people might need to reevaluate those characters..

Titagi
08-28-2010, 10:11 PM
well isn't only one of there parents gods..therefore her dad is not Zeus...

Bia
08-28-2010, 10:28 PM
That is what I'm saying.

VerVolf
08-28-2010, 10:29 PM
I think you'll find the fact that the parent would be Zeus is not the reason Blue is pointing out the flaw. Hera would not have children with anyone other than Zeus, therefor there is no way that she could be anyone's mother, unless that person was acctually a god.

It's a similar case with Artemis. If they vowed never to become a woman, how do they have children?

Titagi
08-28-2010, 10:54 PM
Name:Titagi (tee-tah-gee) Raigo(Rah-go)
Appareance:http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll129/Tearsofblood33/Japanese/Girl.jpg
Personality: She is very out going and loves to play around with her friends. She can be a little mean but she just sees it as being truthful or blunt. Titagi doesn't have a short temper but when you piss her off she will let you know it in a heartbeat. She doesn't like to get mad though.
Bio: Titagi grew up in America even though her Father is from Japan. She would always ask her dad about her mother but he always blew off the question. As she got older she thought she and her dad had a bad relationship until in her dreams she saw Hestia, reaching out to her.
God parent: Hestia
Other: Tends to always have a piece of candy

Fire Fairy
09-02-2010, 08:25 PM
Hm, you guys are right, that might be true. But I'm making it more fiction like, so we don't have to stick to the actual facts. *shrug*
And Titagi, accepted. :3

Bia
09-02-2010, 08:34 PM
Well obviously Greek God's are fiction :P lol

Fire Fairy
09-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Haha, then yeah. You get my point. XD

VerVolf
09-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Please excuse me if this may seem a little impatient, but when do we plan on starting the engine? I'm not that used to what people tend to roll with on this community but it seems there are a lot of RPs after ten participants, and we don't seem to be getting those last three or four. I guess that I'm just anxious to get an actual RP on the go here to finally test the waters a little for all of my RPs are yet to start, but I'm also worried about people loosing interest.

Again sorry if I'm coming across a little impatient.

Pocky
09-04-2010, 02:39 PM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l56bznrBho1qbrjsco1_500.jpg
Name: Alyx Whittaker.
Personality: Alyx, even at twenty years old, is very irresponsible. She can't hold down a job, and is constantly out partying. But she isn't an angry or violent drunk, she is actually very warm and welcoming when sober. She has a sort of, welcoming aura about her that you can't help but feel comfortable in. Sometimes this can be a negative, she can welcome deceptive people into her life which has happened on multiple occasions, giving her minor trust issues. Alyx is surprisingly confident, she's always the first to speak up in a group of people, or the first to make an awkward situation feel comfortable. She's usually the leader of groups thanks to her get up and go attitude, but knows when it's important to take a back-seat in a situation.
Bio: I'll let it develop?
God parent: Dionysus.
Other:
-part time model.
-loves katy perry.
-always wears this (http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l7otuf5tHk1qc5qk9o1_500.jpg) necklace.

(it's Hunny by the way;D)

VerVolf
09-04-2010, 06:45 PM
It seems I spoke too soon.

Vampirequeen
09-14-2010, 05:45 PM
When will this RP start? I'm sorry if it seems like I'm nagging, but I can't wait to start this RP.

Fire Fairy
10-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Oh thanks Pocky. And wow...good charrie. I'm starting it now I suppose. We seem to have enough people. I hope no one lost interest. I've just been kinda busy. >.>

Edit- IC. (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7657)

VerVolf
10-05-2010, 01:50 AM
I'll try and get a post up tomorrow if I can. I can't promise anything however, for not only do I have a pitch to present to my lecturers this week but I've got a splitting headache.

Either way I'll make sure I get a post up by Friday. Have you sent some PMs to people to let them know the IC is up and running?

nonangelic92
10-05-2010, 01:56 AM
Is there room for one more?

thesouleater
10-05-2010, 03:36 AM
Is there room for one more?

Add another person to that. :) This looks cool.

nonangelic92
10-05-2010, 03:39 AM
Sweetness, I'll be adding my C.S soon

Fire Fairy
10-07-2010, 11:12 PM
Oh, thanks. :3

nonangelic92
10-08-2010, 02:45 AM
Name: Kegan Zarnoldi
Appareance: http://www.aolcdn.com/photogalleryassets/kol/888570/henry-griffin-unnatural-history.jpg
Personality: Kegan is a calm and collective guy. He's been known to be mellow during times of panic. Kegan is a guy that leaves an impression. He's confident, he's athletic and he's a charmer. Kegan is known to be a bit of a bad boy wit ha good heart. He'll protect anyone in trouble, whether or not they did the crime or not. He stands up for what he wants and won't back down without a heart.
Bio: optional
God parent: Hermes
Other: Loves history and learning new things.

thesouleater
10-08-2010, 04:09 AM
I'll have a character sheet up soon. I don't know what character I want to use yet...

Fire Fairy
10-09-2010, 02:14 AM
@nonangelic: very nice, accepted. :)

@souleater: Ok, you can add your character whenever you'd like.

nonangelic92
10-10-2010, 07:30 AM
Sweetness, I've posted.

Repent!
10-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Question! Would you be doing only the Greek Gods, or can we deviate and choose from other Pantheons (Celtic, Norse, Voodoo, etc.)?

Edit: Asking just for curiosity sake, but i already have a character in mind if you can spare room.

thesouleater
10-10-2010, 11:40 PM
Name: Lavi Stone
Appareance: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_055oB5GT6zI/SvCCautG4lI/AAAAAAAAAKQ/UCAOzvv1RDA/s400/scene+boy.bmp
Personality: Lavi is a very happy and careless person. Most would describe him as laid-back. But despite most of his actions, he is highly intelligent and skilled.
Bio: Lavi grew up ignoring most of his emotions. He would be the class-clown and get in trouble on a regular basis. But everyone knew him and he could make everyone laugh, even if they were having the worst of days. He moved out pretty quickly when he could and stayed with an old friend until they could each afford they're own places.
God parent: Apollo
Other: N/A

VerVolf
10-12-2010, 12:34 AM
Okie dokie, theres my post. I'm sorry it arrived a little late, but I did promise I'd get one up soon! I hope it's alright.

Vampirequeen
10-12-2010, 01:41 AM
I'll try to put my post up tomorrow.

Bia
10-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Everyone gets chased by a minotaur I guess...

VerVolf
10-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Hmm... well seen as you lost yours I borrowed him. :) They're only just around the corner mind you! Though if people are stumped with monsters there are still lots out there. I was planning on enjoying a fight against a cyclops but I thought I would get some early character interaction due to being left by fox in the middle of a lake with my shifter.