PDA

View Full Version : Blood by Night: Blood and Shadows [Fan Writing]

Dire Hoef
08-09-2014, 03:08 AM
Time: 09:32 P.M.
Date: December 5th 2340

The night was rather peaceful for a certain individual, but the individual, herself, wasn't keen on knowing anything about the peaceful night that had ambushed her a few hours prior. The individual's name was, Scarlet Kennedy, and she seemed facuated with knowing what occured all those years ago. Scarlet had lost her husband and oldest son in the war. After the war subsided and everything died down, she couldn't handle the emotional stress and was at the breaking point of suicide. However her youngest and eldest daughter, Mary and Julia, had tried to convince their mother that it wasn't worth it to take her own life. Apparently that had gotten through her emotional brick wall. Now Scarlet is caring for her two daughters all by herself as a single mother, and the Human Serine of mankind. However the Curse of the Serine was indeed present within the Human race. Given the circumstances she had not lost herself to the darkness like the Serine whom shall not be named. Scarlet sat within her darkened room as snow silently floats to the ground. Scarlet was staring down upon a single tea-cup that was filled with hot chocolate. She didn't know what to expect in the coming months. London had almost finished its reconstruction and it was about time to leave the safety of Edinburgh and head done south to meet with the Prime Minister about foreign aid and foreign policies. However she could not allow her two daughters to be left alone in this massive house of theirs. However both Mary and Julia both insisted that their mother go and handle the world's problems as they would take care of everything here. Scarlet trusted her little angels well and decided to go on the 14th and return just before christmas. However Scarlet had an aching feeling that something wasn't right about the information she was given, and the circumstances of the Prime Minister. Scarlet glanced down at a folder that read:

Code Veronica
[] Classified Information []

Scarlet's anxiety slowly reached a point to where she reverted her eyes from the cursed folder. "I have to stop doing these types of things," said Scarlet as she slowly stood to her feet. She turned her attention to the snow outside that seemed fall more steadily. She slowly walked over and settled her hand upon the porch door feeling the cold on the other side. Her gentle hand pressed against the glass making a non-visable imprint upon the glass of the porch door. Scarlet, out of the stillness of the room, heard a knock phase into her eardrums. She slightly looked over her shoulder glancing towards the double-doors on the opposite side of the room. She noticed a finely dressed male stepping into the room with a bouquet of roses. He had a toned smile upon his face, "Hello beautiful," said the sharply dressed man as he stepped into Scarlet's master bedroom. The man's voice was rather young and youthful, but did not lack the amount of carelessness and go-to attitude in his actions and body-language. Scarlet recognized this man as her associate, James Wong, a Mystic who just happened to be working at the same organization as Scarlet. James settled down the bouquet of roses upon the table where the hot chocolate has died down to sippable temperatures. James gave a small smile, "I heard Code Veronica is a top secret operation to uncover what happened thirty years ago." Scarlet shook her head slightly, "I doubt that Commissioner Lorence would allow us to conduct an operation in his area without jurisdiction." James sighed and gave a small shrug, "Well we need to do something about what happened thirty years ago, or else we won't know what exactly let up to the Brood War." Scarlet turned towards James with a serious look, "You didn't come here to bring me flowers did you?" James chuckled and sat down in a seat opposite of where Scarlet was sitting earlier, "I guess you caught me. Commander Jeffrey is seeking immediate conference with both Commissioner Lorence and the Prime Minister." Scarlet slowly walked over to her own seat and sat down swiftly, "What does that have to do with me?" James gestured towards the folder on the table, "The Prime Minister requested a private meeting with you personally correct?" Scarlet nodded carefully and cautiously, "And?" James leaned back slightly, "There was an assassination attempt on the Prime Minister a few nights ago. Apparently there was a radical group who still believe they weren't Human even though those who were infected thirty years ago returned to normal."

This news slightly startled Scarlet as her eyes slightly widened, "What does that mean for the United Kingdom? England?" James sighed heavily looking down for a brief moment before returning to Scarlet's serious yet fearful gaze, "It means that there is still those that believe they are not Human and wish for the world to return to its old state... However as reports show, these radical members are using inhuman ways to murder their victims." Scarlet leaned forward, leaning on her tied fingers slightly looking off to her right deep in thought. James became uneasy at Scarlet's thinking, "You know something... Don't you?" Scarlet shook her head, "I wouldn't know a thing even if it were to hit me in the head. Though there is a theory that has been circulating in my mind right now." James became curious at her words and leaned in slightly with a gesture, "Go on." Scarlet looked up towards James, "What if... The Father of the Abyss, the legend from the Brood War, has finally returned to enact his revenge upon the world?" James widened his eyes slightly and leaned back, "I doubt it extremely. There is no possible way that a legend could come back and try to kill the one person who is more important to England than anyone in this country." Scarlet looked down in disappointment, "You're right. I mean I thought it seemed logical to think that the Father of the Abyss would have returned after the battle of all battles here in this country of ours." James stood to his feet and slowly walked towards the door, "Becareful what you think of Scarlet," James looked over his shoulder and had a serious look, "Or you might end up dead before you know it.." Before Scarlet could even react to such words James had already left the room. Scarlet thought about James' words carefully knowing that James knew something that Scarlet didn't. This conversation will have to be marked for further observation. Scarlet wasn't going to over think this, and so she gently picked up the tea-cup and sipped her hot chocolater, in which was moderately warm. This night was certainly something...