PDA

View Full Version : Project Zero: Extinction

The Magnan
08-27-2010, 05:18 PM
(A short story based off the Project Zero roleplay. Set three years after but before the events leading up to Project Zero: New Breeds. So enjoy)

2013, Hayburn City, 6.15 am

Cole

'We have lost contact with Project Zero. They were last seen escaping Alpha Site. But there's something else. They freed her. Ghost is free. The power she had contained for so long has been unleashed in a matter of seconds. Hayburn is in complete disarray. Ghost is hunting Gifted you have to leave the city' - Nicola

"No. I can take her.'

'Ghost is too powerful for you Cole. Don't try it.'

Cole hung up and got dressed in his gear. When he was ready he left the hotel room. He made his way down the corridor and entered the lift. Cole waited for it to reach the ground floor, and then left. As he exited the building he noticed the once black sky was now orange, it was like it was on fire. He could see in the distance. What was Alpha Site, now a smoking ruins. The explosion was like a nuke had been dropped, half the area near Alpha Site had been destroyed. How could Project Zero escape that. It just did not seem possible. He pressed on down the street. Only to find the place crawling with troops. They had somewhat flooded the city. He also spotted black helicopters flying towards the site.'What were they expecting to find?' he wondered. Alpha Site was no longer his concern. He had to deal with Ghost one way or another. He pressed on and was stopped by a soldier.
"I'm sorry sir, but this area is off limits," said the soldier.
"I don't care. There's someone i need to deal with!" shouted Cole.
"I'm afraid i can't...." The soldier listened into his radio, and then said, "I'm sorry you can't pass. Something is happening." he turned around as a ghost figure walked past she seemed to fading between realities. Cole could only watch as the soldier seemed to disintegrate. 'What is she?' thought Cole. With no soldier to stop him, he carried on forward. His first instinct was to follow the ghost of image. He turned he corner, and was then thrown off his feet. He found himself being dragged towards a hole in the wall by a black tentacle. He struggled to break free. He knew it was dragging him to his death. Then he heard gun shots and it released its grip and seemed go into frenzy before heading back into its dark hole. Cole was helped to his feet by a soldier. The ghost image appeared again and made its way what seemed to be back towards Alpha Site. Cole felt like he was in trance. He wanted to follow it. He was helpless to stop himself. The soldier tried to hold him back, but then every went black, and when Cole eventually regained his sight. The soldier was dead. Had he killed him?

Nicola

Nicola rolled her eyes. Cole was stubborn. Believing he could take on Ghost. Her powers had peaked. She could bleed realities together. Cole never stood a chance. She had been close to the blast at the time, and it had took its tole on her. She was bleeding between realities. She had killed a few of these strange creatures already. They seemed to be made from Ghost's mind. They were like an army. At the minute everything was normal. But she wanted to get closer to the sink hole. But every attempt to get closer caused her to bleed back into Ghost's reality. Which meant dealing with more of those things. She went to ring Cole again but there was no signal nothing.

Telecorps HQ and Dr Halsey
She stood on the balcony. She had perfect few of the carnage below. The blast had took her by surprise. Still she had survived despite being quite close. She felt a head ache, suddenly her sight was blurred and all she could see was flames. Ghost. Everything returned to normal. It seemed Ghost was nearly at full power or she was. Halsey had seen the helicopters head towards the site. But one was heading in her direction. She had a pistol. She just hope she never had to use it.

The Magnan
08-28-2010, 04:47 PM
Ghost

6.00am

'They have infiltrated the facility, they going to kill her."
"Well then we'll just have to slow them down won't we...." There it was the twisted smile, "Activation code now!" he demanded.
"You want to release her. But sir. The dam..."
"No buts. Activation code now!" interrupted the man.
"12456879.... 9"
"Good."
*Gun shot*
"Well well aren't we a fine specimen"

'Is he talking to me' thought Ghost.

"Very soon you will be free. Very soon Hayburn will be locked in fear," the man was no doubt insane. She liked that.

A guard entered and stepped over the scientist's body. The man gave him the activation code and left.

'He knows what will happen once I'm free. Perfect.' thought Ghost, she seemed to smile even though she looked asleep.

General Rosenberg and the Gifted Assassins

He left quickly, heading the opposite way to those fools from Project Zero. Outside a jeep was waiting to take him to safety. Then he could watch the fireworks. The activation sequence took exactly an hour. Which was all the time he needed. He ran up stairs and opened the door. There was no jeep. But a firing squad. Gifted. They opened fire. One of them shot him in the head the others lacked any sort of accuracy. It was a girl. Nicola smiled, "The Generals dead. Now let's move, if my sources are correct. Alpha is going to go boom."
One of the men asked, "What about Project Zero?"
Nicola folded her arms and said, "What about them?"
"Shouldn't we wait," he said.
"No. They can handle themselves. Now grab your gear and run like hell!" she ordered.
They nodded, and made there way back towards the car. The driver should have remained. That's what they hoped. But in this world it was impossible to trust anyone.
Nicola looked back towards where the general had came from. There was chance that Project Zero could make it out. They were very good at escaping. She sighed and shook her head, before heading back to the car.
When she caught up with others they found the driver was dead. Nicola said quickly, "Get him out then. We'll have to drive to safety ourselves."
The driver was dragged out of the car placed on the pavement then Nicola and others got in car. Carl was driving, he turned to key and the car spluttered into life. They drove off leaving Alpha behind them.

Ghost

'Seal unlocked'

Cracks formed in the tube. Ghost's eyes shot open.
'1. 2. 3... boom' she thought. There was no one hour wait. The energy charged within Ghost was unleashed. The facility was gone instant as infinite power flooded out. Ghost began to rise the electricity beginning to surge in her. A second shock wave was sent out. Hayburn would never be the same again.

The Gifted Assassins

The car was nearly lifted from its wheels, and debris was being flung in all directions. The power of explosion finally hit them. The car was picked up and spun wildly through the air, when it landed the roof was crushed, Nicola was barely consciousness. She could only watch as the centre of Hayburn was nothing more than endless sinkhole. She could see a figure rise up. Ghost. How could she control so much power. The thought remained stuck in Nicola's mind. She was scared. More scared than ever. She passed out, barely able to remain consciousness.

Cole

Cole felt the apartment shake, and heard the windows shatter. He looked out as large cloud formed, near the centre of the city, and at first he thought it was exploding but then it began to draw in even more power, so much that the night sky turned orange. He stepped back, as a second explosion occurred. It shook him to his core. The storm was just beginning. Ghost was yet to realise her potential but when she did, who could stand in her way. His sudden worry turned to Nicola, she would have been at the epicentre of the blast. Could she of survived. It was a doubt. But he felt to blame, he had sent her to kill the general. Now she may be dead herself. He sighed and continued getting his equipment together.

Project Zero
[I]We knew what would happen at Hayburn. Going ourselves was too risky. So we sent duds in. Now we know what Ghost is capable of of. We will remain here, and prepare for her attack on us. - Rikard[/I

The Magnan
08-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Cole

No longer in control. Trapped in her reality Cole began his slow walk towards Alpha Site. All around him there was ash. The city was on fire. Why was Ghost doing this to him. She must of guessed what his intentions were. He had no idea if he was stilling following her, all he knew was that he had no control over his legs and that they no longer obeyed him. He looked up, Alpha Site in this reality was intact. Strange. Cole felt he was being watched. Patrolling the street were clones. Guards from Alpha Site. Why was she maniplutating them? so many questions he had. So little time. He had to free himself from the trance. They seemed to be no escape. He could smell burning as he got closer and closer to Alpha, closer to Ghost.

He stood directly outside the entrance. That was the thing. It was a front. Deep beneath the surface was Alpha Site. He approached the doors, they slid open. He was standing in reception, it was drenched in blood. Soldiers who had arrived were here were scattered across the floor. Was this why he was here? A lamb to the slaughter. He stopped. He could move freely. She had freed him. She had led him straight to her.

"Hello Cole," said Ghost forming before him.
"You're Ghost," he said.
"Does it matter," she answered folding her arms.
"You killed...." he spat
"Nicola. She's fine," Ghost rolled her eyes.
"How do..."
"I just know. I know everything." interuppted Ghost.
"No!" shouted Cole.
"Yes," said Ghost calmly. But then her voice became twisted, "You want to kill me. Can you do it. I'm standing right here."
Cole clutched his Desert Eagle. But he couldn't draw it from its holster. Why?
"You lack any guts Cole," replied Ghost. She laughed, "Is this it. All the Gifted have to offer. I'm sure there are those who control ice, fire, and even earth. Where are they," she demanded.
Cole smirked, "Not here."

Nicola

She watched a tranced Cole pass her. Oblivious. She followed him to the edge of the sinkhole, where he just dissappeared.
"Damn you Cole," she whispered. She stepped back from the edge. It was hard to believe such a person could cause that much damage in one go. It scared her. Where ever Cole was, he was coming up against something that should never exist. Something that needed to be destroyed. Ghost was too powerful. Too dangerous.

The Magnan
09-10-2010, 07:16 PM
6.20am

Doctor Halsey

She stood on the rooftop as the helicopter rested on the helipad. A man in a suit stepped out, he shouted something but it was blocked out by the sound of the helicopter blades still spinning. When they stopped, he said, "Doctor Halsey, former head scientist for Project Zero?"
Halsey nodded.
"For your own safety, I've been given orders to take away from this site. Code Yellow."

Halsey sighed, and as she stepped forward the world turned a sinister shade of orange. Her face twisted into fear. A large tentacle has risen up and took a swipe at the helicopter. It was smeared into a building nearby. Halsey watched as it crumpled to the ground. The man grabbed her arm and dragged her backwards onto stair well. He closed the door. But the tentacle ripped it off. They both quickly ran down the stairwell. The tentacle was unrelenting, as it slithered downwards. They were its prey.
Halsey stopped and forced open a door. She ran into the corridor. Stairs were at her left leading up to some rooms. Her room was on this floor. The man had appeared behind her, clearly exhausted. Then she looked for a second out of the window, and everything was normal. The tentacle had gone.

"Ma'am we have to leave. Hayburn is lost!" he demanded.
"Who are you?" she asked.
"I am Adam Bayle," answered the man.
"Viper. Hacker's assistant. Why are you helping me?" she was shocked.
"Because he betrayed me."
"You're gifted. You should be killing me!" she insisted.
"Still judging a book by its cover. You never learn," replied Adam.

The Magnan
09-19-2010, 10:33 AM
Adam Bayle
Adam, looked out of the window towards the city of Hayburn. For a second he halucinated something. He rubbed his head. He then looked at Halsey, "Just come with me. We are heading to Turi."
Halsey folded her arms, "Project Nine. You are going to liberate them aren't you."
He nodded, "Ghost is on a war path...." He halucinated again, he could ash descending outside the window, the Project Alpha Facility intact. It soon dawned on him the realities were bleeding together. But why was Halsey not affected. He looked at her, and then turned around. He made his way to the elevator. Halsey followed, although reluctant. "How where you betrayed?"

The Viper
June 20th 2012, 8.35am

'Hacker has his orders. Will he follow through? I don't know.

Viper and Hacker stood in what remained of the ghost town Turi. Population 58. 57 people had disappeared. One remained, a young girl. Hacker approached her. He had seen her thoughts and knew what she was. Telepath. Which meant a shifter was nearby. They were using her. He had placed one hand on his magnum.

'The Shifters and Telepaths are more alike than you think.'

Hacker looked back at Viper. Adam Bayle was cautious something was not right. 57 people could not just disappear.

The girl was whispering something in Hackers ear. Hacker smiled and said too himself, "Shifters. Hayburn. Alpha. Ghost."

Adam folded his arms as Hacker approached saying, "I have what we need, but i no longer need you...."
Adam looked surprised, "NO!"
He clutched his stomach, a red spot had formed in its centre, "You bastard..." said Adam as he dropped to his knees. Hacker signalled the girl to come with him. Adam watched as they left. Hacker had betrayed the Gifted. He was with the Shifters. Or was he?
The question remained. Adam Bayle went the opposite way in the form of a snake to not only heal but sustain his life.