PDA

View Full Version : Dungeons and Dragons: the adventure begins

Lord Tully
08-28-2010, 03:12 AM
Dungeons and Dragons,

Are you ready? Ready to battle fierce monsters and brave the darkest depths of the world? Well we’ll see about that won’t we? We’ll see what happens when you are torn from your normal every day life and hurled into a realm of great adventure and vast treasures. This realm is not safe, you will need to band together and stand strong if you wish to survive here, can you do it? You better hope so.

Here is what you need to know: We are a group of people all living in the same community, we all have our own lives, some are friends some only know the name of the others, but regardless of who we are in this life, we are all to be taken from the waking world and plunged into the realm of Dungeons and Dragons.

This a Dungeons and Dragons adventure but do not fret you do not need to be a highly experienced player to join as we are using our own unique rules. And here they are.

Spiritsbreath will be the Dungeon Master and Co-GM so listen to what either he or I have to say.
All RPA rules apply here.
You may only have a character using the Races and Classes provided no exceptions.
Romance may be included
Your character will have a chance of dying, if this happens the “Real life” character will be fine but they will need to craft a different “Game character” who will be at least a couple of levels below their previous one, unless they can be resurrected in a timely fashion.
Finally I want diversity, I don’t want to see 6 players all wanting to be a Dwarven Cleric or what ever.
The races and classes available are as follow (If you need clarifications on any of the following just ask me or Spirits):
Races:
Humans
Elves
Half-Elves
Dwarfs
Halflings
Tieflings
And Dragonkin

Classes:
Fighter
Bard
Cleric
Druid
Ranger
Rogue
and Wizard/mage

(May be subject to change)

Character Sheet:
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:

D&D characteristics (Again if you need help just as me or spirits)

Race:

Class:

Alignment: (There are nine different alignments Lawful Good, Neutral Good, Chaotic Good, Lawful Neutral, True Neutral, Chaotic Neutral, Lawful Evil, Neutral Evil and Chaotic Evil)

Attributes: (You can have a maximum of 20 for each, but you only have 50 points to divide up between each statistic)
Strength
Dexterity
Willpower
Intelligence
Charisma
And Constitution

currently accepted characters:
Malcolm Stringer, Human Fighter: Excalibur
Gaspard Romano, Half Elf rouge:Awean8
Nick Keen, Elf Ranger: Me
Damakos, Tiefling fighter: Ushima

Ghleanna Robyn: Human wizard: Familiar

Ushima
08-28-2010, 03:54 AM
is multiclassing allowed?

Shepherd
08-28-2010, 04:44 AM
Alright, so, you need dieties for the clerics, and have you figured out how your gonna do spells, feats, and/or skills yet? Also how are stats decided as there are no dice to roll? How (or who) is keeping track of experience and how will it be awarded? Is there a level system?

I'm sure I'll have more questions for you later, but there's a start.

mcstringer
08-28-2010, 03:50 PM
What about equipment items, and etc?

Lord Tully
08-28-2010, 04:59 PM
ok ok, let's do this one at a time.
Ushi: No, it's just single classes here.
Shepard: There will be spells and skills but there going to be like any other RP skill. If you want you can roll your own dice to determine an outcome but it's not really necessary. The stats I was thinking of having a ceiling of 20 starting points per attribute but only 40 or 50 points to spend in character creation. If there is XP, spirits will be the one handing it out since he is the Dungeon Master, but that's only IF there is. As for the deities I'm not sure what you mean.
Excalibur: That depends on what thing about Equipment items you want to know.

Shepherd
08-28-2010, 06:17 PM
All clerics spells come from their diety (the god or goddess they serve) and each of these dieties value different things, which not only effect what the cleric views as right and wrong, but also usually each clerics powers are slightly different depending on the diety they serve.

Example: A cleric of Bahamut (the dragon god) is going to be very noble and hold to his word, and his powers reflect honor and nobility, while a cleric of Pelor (god of the sun) will have powers more focused on smiting the undead and think that the undead are a vile plague that must be cleansed from the world.

Dieties and the amount of power and religious dogma they give to their clerics vary by edition. In 4th edition there is little difference between clerics, while in 2nd you got a whole range of spells from your gods domain (what their power governs) that were pretty much bonus spells for the cleric. Never played 3rd or 3.5 so your on your own there.

mcstringer
08-28-2010, 06:38 PM
What armor, weapons, potions, craft skills are available? What of those are available at the beginning? Do we make up class skills aslo?

Lord Tully
08-28-2010, 06:58 PM
Well since we're not really adhering to any specific edition of the rules I'll look into what would fit.

As for the equipment, just about anything you can think of will be available at some point it's just a matter of are of an appropriate class and power level to use it. As for starting equipment I think that plain clothing, just a plain dagger or club would make for an appropriote start since we won't be starting as experienced adventurers. Skills will be mostly determained by what class you get.

mcstringer
08-28-2010, 08:13 PM
Name:Malcom Stringer
Appearance:5'7", a little muscle, broad shoulders, strong hands, Short straight brown hair, hazel eyes, worn long coat made of lamb wool, forest green cotton shirt, and dirt brown leather pants, black leather shoes
Personality:simple minded, learns quickly, quiet, patient, has strict family ties and will attempt to bash to death anyone that makes fun of them, friends equal family, some emotion control, very task oriented, doesn't mind a good laugh but wouldn't be the life of the party, most of the time he is able to conquer his fears.

Race: Human

Class:Fighter

Alignment: Neutral Good

Attributes: (You can have a maximum of 20 for each, but you only have 50 points to divide up between each statistic)
Strength 10
Dexterity 10
Willpower 9
Intelligence 3
Charisma 9
Constitution 9

Awean8
08-28-2010, 08:53 PM
Name: Gaspard Romano
Appearance:5'1, thin and lacks alot of muscle. He has long black hair with small braids through out, gray eyes, slightly pointed ears, an extravagent black cloak, and your basic shirt and pants combo.

Personality: Since he's not physically capable he has to use his skill and wits to get out of any situation. His goals consists of anything that strikes his fancy at the moment. He can be totally random in his actions and his thoughts nearly impossible to read. He's willing to risk everything on the role of a single die. In short he might save your life but at the same time he might steal your horse.

Race: Half-Elf

Class: Rogue

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Strength:5
Dexterity:12
Willpower:4
Intelligence:12
Charisma:12
Constitution:5

spirits breath
08-28-2010, 08:54 PM
I may do XP. that way it could translate into you being able to do something that much better. Like if you are a level 1 rogue, to a level 8 rogue. the level 8 would be better off opening the same lock. though don't get me wrong, the level 1 could still open it several more times.

As well as it helps with some other things such as surviving and better gear.

Oh and hatless, wouldn't they have like chainmail or something untill they can afford to get better. Not all classes can use types of armor. In example your wouldn't see a druid in full platemail, but a warrior, yes.
And I will have my chracter up in about an hour or two. got some things to do first. (basicly going to copy my character sheet for my level 1 guy. (the first few levels are quick. And I award some more or less depending on your choices.)
Also each class can use more than just daggers.
may I suggest a greatsword excalabur?

mcstringer
08-28-2010, 09:09 PM
Sweet please. Though I'll stick to the low level stuff like the club for now.

Lord Tully
08-28-2010, 09:19 PM
Yes Spirits, I know that they can use more then just daggers, but even the clumsiest peasant farmer can use a dagger or a club semi-effectively. Besides we're only level one, it's not like we're going up against ice dragons or something right off the bat (Right?).

As for the armor as you said not every class can use armor, so it's a safer bet that we start off with plain clothes and we can each use what ever armor suits our class best.

spirits breath
08-28-2010, 09:27 PM
alrighty then. Makes sence. unless you go for a monk, you need no weapon. you could call yourself chuck noris or bruce lee.

And I got some plans. Ushima may remember. (no, you can't make a pile of bards...we loved Gary.) *for everyone else, Gary was my friends first character and made us ban bards from our game. The lute, and a character with enough bluff to do very un child friendly things.

Lord Tully
08-28-2010, 09:39 PM
You're friends sound so much more interesting then mine.
Ohh and Excalibur and Awean you're both accepted
Now for my character

Name: Nick Keen
Appearance: http://www.keradaran.com/races/high-elf_.jpg
Personality: He is very, very kind, and helps others when ever he can, but don't mistake kindness for "Weak" he is more then willing to kick you in the head if he needs to.

D&D characteristics

Race: Elf

Class: Ranger

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Attributes:
Strength: 8
Dexterity: 13
Willpower: 7
Intelligence: 9
Charisma: 7
And Constitution: 8

spirits breath
08-28-2010, 11:33 PM
Name: Hoskei Leaffeld

Appearance: http://terrasse.pyralis.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/dragonbornfemalebs1.jpg

Personality: While not a large fan of most other races, hoskei is generally a open being. Being a druid means you can be accepted anywhere in his eyes as “We were born from dirt, we return to dirt.” He strongly dislikes when his feathers are pulled and he also dislikes when his belongings are threatened. When he makes a joke, he actually means it, even if he says it jokingly, as well as if one is said about him. He is quite comfortable with having to shift forms for hiding, and sneaking. Though his favorite is when he has to listen in on a conversation.

Race: Kenku

Racial Traits: Dragon Breath poison
Used dexterity for damage.
Class: Druid

Path: Primal Guardian

Alignment: Neutral evil

Deity: Zehir (Snake god, basicly he kills in the name of Zehir, and enjoys poison)

Stats:
Strength: 3
Constitution: 8
Dexterity: 16
Intelligence 5
Wisdom/will power: 10
Charisma:8
(Glad druids can use dexterity for their attacks not strength) and wisdom augments it)

Trained skills: Sneak, Diplomacy, endurance

Class training: Nature

Languages: draconic, Common
(can still teach languages, though it also still takes a long time as well)

Ushima
08-29-2010, 12:18 AM
Name: Damakos
Appearance: http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww345/the-dcg/DnD4E/tiefling.jpg

Personality: Damakos is usually quiet and says only what he needs to but when a fights around he gets loud real quick. He has an obsession obtaining gold.

Class: Fighter

Race: Tiefling

Deity: Raven Queen

Stats-
Strength: 16
Constitution: 9
Dexterity: 6
Intelligence: 8
Wisdom: 3
Charisma: 8

Lord Tully
08-29-2010, 03:37 AM
Alright, Ushi you're accepted, but Spirits, you aren't using an approved race, and I said that there would be no exceptions to that rule. I'm sorry, but I can't accept your character as he is.

spirits breath
08-29-2010, 03:43 AM
otays. don't fret, took 4 seconds to put in so it will be fixed quickly

Shepherd
08-29-2010, 03:48 AM
Just so you guys know... in D&D 8-10 is about average for a stat so all of you with int 3, str 4 ect. are literally crippled and retarded.

There are 2 ways around this that I recommend. Either don't use stats at all (since there only purpose is for die roll modifiers anyway.) Or use the official D&D point buy system which lets you use points to "purchase" certain stats. You usually never end up with a stat less than 8 using this system unless it through racial modifiers (which you aren't using for stats anyways.)

Lord Tully
08-29-2010, 04:10 AM
I wanted to include attributes so I could have a general idea of what kind of feel the character would have. So a character if a character has 14 strength but only 6 intelligence, I'll know that they are a Mr/Mrs muscle head but probably aren't going to be winning any spelling bees.

All that aside, Shepard if you're not going to put up a character I'm going to have to ask you to leave. Your advice is nice and all, but it's starting to not be as nice seeing as how you're not even part of the RP.

Shepherd
08-29-2010, 04:25 AM
Well I was hoping to make a human cleric, I was just waiting until all the character stuff was ironed out concerning gods and spells and all since they are the main part of what a cleric does. No point in posting one without that info.

Lord Tully
08-29-2010, 04:39 AM
Alrighty then here's what I was thinking, since our characters are "real life" people being pulled into the D&D world that having them worship D&D deities would be kinda wierd. So I was thinking that the Cleric's spells could be more defined by their alignment, for example, a Cleric's healing spell would only heal his allies if he was Good, but the same spell might heal everyone within range friend or foe if they're Neutral, sound good?

Cheshire
08-29-2010, 07:34 AM
Hmmm, I think I'm gonna pass on this one, I'm not to big on the whole "sucked into the DnD world" concept. Not saying it won't be great, just not my thing.

StormyNyte
08-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Hmm... never tried a true D&D slot before, I may just have to give this a go. When you say dragonkin, does that also meen true dragons, or just halfling races?

spirits breath
08-29-2010, 01:32 PM
hatless, I would have to say the point buy system would be better off than giving 50 to pick and choose. my legal characteer ended up in the 70s, and having 50 will cripple any character to death.

and stormy, dragonkin resemble bipedal dragons without tails ans wings. But the wings can come at level 11 based on a paragon path for them.

StormyNyte
08-29-2010, 10:08 PM
*apparently terribly ignorant on the subject* Please explain a paragon path, Spirit.

Ushima
08-29-2010, 10:40 PM
yo spirit mybe you should borrow the books from dave and rich. it might help

spirits breath
08-30-2010, 12:07 AM
yeah. become a rules nazi and bam. though I may see if I can find them online. but I will see if I can. may buy it from them since I can't stop by every week. got a steady job now and work 5 of the 7 days. I can try to request off and do it.

I know enough not to kill us all or mess with the rules. I can say that much. i know enough.

annd stormy, it is I beleive the harbringer of Scion paragon path. it is where you choose a cool sub part of your class, but that is dragonkin/dragonborn exclusive. that also allows you to use your breath even more with more damage and fly your speed. (also good for falling and not being hurt)
hope it helps. i remember it because i was going for it, but I didn't do it yet.

mcstringer
08-30-2010, 01:10 AM
.....*headache* Ow, head hurts. Just give me something to swing my sword at and I'll be fine. I think.

Lord Tully
08-30-2010, 03:44 AM
OK, how about this, I want us to keep out initial attribute scores, but I agree a point buy system would definitly be a good idea, so every time we level we're all given a number of points to make ourselves better, sound nice?

Familiar
08-30-2010, 07:26 AM
Not exactly sure what's going on with the points ect. right now, but whatever... for the moment I'll go with what it says in the initial post, then swap if we decide to change things.

Name: Ghleanna Robyn (Generally goes by her surname, as she hates her first)
Gender: Female (Just to avoid having ALL male characters...)
Appearance: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/132/8/5/Magic_by_Furby0305.jpg
Personality: Robyn is the type of person that does things that are unexpected. It is not because of some mental problem nor is it out of a desire to show off. She does it simply because she enjoys doing things in a way that nobody else would think of, and because of this, has become very, very skilled at thinking in non-standard ways. She loves challenges, and will routinely take a path that she knows is more difficult, just to make life more interesting. As for interactions with others, well, her attitude carries over to that as well. If you are complex, abnormal and interesting you would be hard pressed to find a better conversationalist, if not, she'll just write you off as not being worth her time.

D&D characteristics (Again if you need help just as me or spirits)

Race: Human

Class: *wizard*

Strength: 3
Dexterity:5
Willpower:14
Intelligence: 14
Charisma:8
And Constitution:6

Lord Tully
09-02-2010, 06:39 PM
Ok Familiar you're accepted and I think that this is enough for a good party, Spirits are you ready to go?

mcstringer
09-14-2010, 07:24 PM
When this gets off the ground let me know.

Lord Tully
09-14-2010, 08:40 PM
I will I just need to know if Spirits is still on board, he's our Dungeon Master, and you can't have Dungeons and Dragon without a Dungeon Master.

mcstringer
09-15-2010, 03:08 PM
wonder where Spirit is....Did Marylin from Stawberry Death Cake take him?

Familiar
09-15-2010, 05:26 PM
He's been on the board... I've seen a couple of posts by him around.

Time to bug via PM's?

spirits breath
09-15-2010, 08:34 PM
no need, actually forgot. litterally.
I take it the IC is up and that I should post.
give me a minute as I go to remind myself of my character and read the IC
much appologies.
and yes I am.(I think I am going to have all the RP's i am on open up each time I open internet explorer. plus don't worry I am reminded so I will be participating.)

Am I to begin the rp? And if I do, we are not starting in a tavern. or a town. or random why the heck we are in a cave.You will choose if you know them, though that should be arranged before. I mean if we are level 1's with no xp, we aren't really going to have much relation. So I will be checking this baout four more times today to find out if I am startin git or not.

mcstringer
09-20-2010, 05:50 PM
sooo...

spirits breath
09-28-2010, 08:15 PM
going to pm the one in charge. if he doesn't want to start it, then I will. I will also send out messages to everyone and see if they are still in.
being a DM in a DnD RP is one thing. the one who started the thread is different. I find it odd to be the one to start the IC for a thread that the OOC isn't mine.

mcstringer
09-28-2010, 11:14 PM
You don't have to PM me I am still in.