PDA

View Full Version : The Legacy (One Piece RP)

AeRaShin
08-30-2010, 12:41 AM
The Legacy

IC Thread (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8022)

A story of a Pirate King sending every pirate in the world in a searching frenzy begins our tale. Not once but twice will Gold Rogers send ambitious souls to the sea, aiming for the top prize. The first time the search was set in motion, a young pirate and his crew, they called themselves the Straw-Hat Pirates, achieved this ultimate goal. Monkey D. Luffy became the Pirate King. And while that's all good and done, their life as pirates did not come to an end. And they eventually met their impending doom. However, before the hand of death could put them to rest, the Straw-Hats once again hid One Piece. The new Pirate King made the announcement at his execution, just as the former also did.

So now, a brand new age of pirates sail the seas. It's been at least fifteen years since Monkey D. Luffy set the One Piece search back in motion. Devil Fruits have become somewhat extinct, but strange powers are still making their way into the world. A new breed of fruit rises to the surface, and scientists call it Angel Fruit. This gives them powers, but in return they lose both the ability to swim and a simple sense (taste, sight, touch, etc.). And in some rare cases, people also lose the ability to walk.

Technology is taking leaps and bounds. Rifles, shot guns, and other impressive weaponry is being introduced. The Navy is taking full advantage of this. More and more corrupted officials come from the Navy, all of them aiming to gain power. The new age of pirates are becoming more and more gruesome. The people are frightened for their lives and their futures. The New Age of Piracy if a frightening one.

Rules

Okay, so besides the obvious ones everyone should know already.

1. The are NO CHARACTERS FROM ONE PIECE STILL ALIVE! That means, don't try to sign up to be one.

2. I don't want their children, either. Think of this as an alternate universe with everything except the original characters.

3. Have fun. :) Yes... it's a requirement.

Character Sheet

Name:
Nickname: (if any)
Sexuality:
Alliance: (Pirate, Navy, common people)
Crew: (if any)
Position: (Captain, General, etc.)
Personality: (At least a paragraph)
Short Bio: (short means like three paragraphs max.)
Weapons: (three max.)
Appearance: (picture please)
Other:

Crew Sheet

Name: (the crew's name.)
Ship: (name of your ship)
Captain: (your captain)
Other:

Crews

Name: The Sun Kiss Pirates
Ship: The Fly Away
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k144/6greyhounds/cute%20pics/Sun.jpg
Captain: Armelia E. Sora
Other: Young Pirates with the sole purpose of finding the One Piece Treasure, while at the same time, become famous.

--------------------------

Name: Fleet 8 (NAVY)
Ship: The Seal
Captain: Heath Erastus

John
09-03-2010, 05:46 AM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975)or put your RP in The Spotlight (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=306170#post306170) to help attract players?

mcstringer
09-04-2010, 07:14 AM
Name:Zeek Lowa
Nickname: Guns
Sexuality: Straight
Alliance: Pirate
Crew: Sun Kiss Pirates
Position: Gunner and Purser
Gunner-leads in ship-to-ship attacks via guns
Purser-the guy that holds the purse strings. Often does the trading with merchants for supplies

Personality: Almost over serious, hardly ever laughs, very money conscious, a personality heavy with sarcasm, ironic, and acidic comments. Almost as if he wants to be alone.

Short Bio: The Lowa Family are expert weaponsmiths and warriors in their own right. "you can't make it, if you can't use it." is a family motto. Manufacture of weapons is pretty much split down the middle in the family. One side produces blades; the other produces guns. This often results in friendly family feuds.
Recently the Lowa Production Company has been hijacked by the Navy for "security reasons". They say something about pirates recieving superior weapons and the navy's need for the biggest, baddest, and the best to stay ahead. This hijacking caused Zeek to run away and turn pirate. He seeks to find his older sister Janet "Saber" Lowa of the Red Rose to help him rescue his family from the greedy clutches of the Navy.
Zeek himself is an acomplished gunsmith and competent with bladed weapons. His journey to find his stronger sister drove him about the Seas, and he gained some renown as a gunner. Be it a quickdraw competition or a straight up brawl the penny pincher can hold his own when odds are even or out numbered.
Weapons: GLB (Golden long barrel) double action Revolver with Quickdraw holster (6)- use various bullet types to defeat oponents.
Black Easy Repeater (9)- used to unload bullets onto oponents quickly. Easy to load, unload and mantain.
Basket Saber- a normal basket handled slightly curved single bladed sword.
Appearance: http://images.mmosite.com/space/upload/070410/biggish/9532b04b0bca.jpg
Other:

AeRaShin
09-06-2010, 01:21 AM
Okay, Excalibur! Accepted! However, I must add that unless you are making your own crew, then you don't need the Crew Sheet. Also, your pirate needs to be part of a crew.
Sorry if I wasn't clear on that.

------------------------------
Name: Armelia Elizabeth Sora
Nickname: Sora
Sexuality: Straight
Crew: The Sun Kiss Pirates
Position: Captain
Personality: (At least a paragraph)
Short Bio: Sora's family was very large and very poor. She had nine brothers and two sisters in her childhood. They lived in a port town in the north, and it was often victim to pirate raids. Her father was a farmer, and their home was far from the docks. But the frequent raids almost always made it to their home, and the criminals almost always stole away everything the family owned. They made it a priority not to own things and not to get attached to things. However, because of the raids, the crops were always taken as well, leaving the family nothing to sell or eat. Sora's three oldest brothers went to serve in the Navy to help the family with funding. When Sora was about seven her two sisters and her mother were taken by pirates, and her father was gravely injured. Her brother started learning how to fight, in order to protect themselves and their farm. Naturally, Sora started learning as well. Though, they could only get so far by themselves, so many of her brothers left to serve the Navy and one joined a pirate crew, taking Sora with him. However, because he was afraid Sora would be raped or mistreated, he dressed her up like a boy and used their last name to call her by.
He cut her hair, and they joined the Mayhem Crew. The Crew didn't necessarily care for One Piece, but they only wished to battle other crews, which was beneficial to Sora and her brother. Everything was fine until Sora happened to get a hold of an Angel Fruit, called the SeiSei Fruit (Gender-Gender Fruit). With it came the ability to change her gender at will, but she lost her ability to swim and the ability to taste. And because she ate it during her maturing years (fifteen), she lost the ability to move her fingers on her right hand, and so the ability to write.
Eventually, her brother died of an illness, and her crew mates could not bear to have a woman on board, so they dropped her off in a nearby town. She opted to start her own crew and find One Piece, which would bring great fortune to her father.
Weapons: Large Scythe - Twice the size of Sora's body, and very heavy. However she's very trained with it.
Dagger - Safely place in a holster on her right thigh. It's stained and is rusting in some places.
Appearance: http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e113/Sinarra/Anime2-2.jpg
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee171/darknovawolf/11135888047549yx.jpg
Other: She has eaten the SeiSei Fruit (Gender-Gender Fruit). It gives her the ability to change her gender at will.
Side effects:
She lost the ability to
- swim
- taste
- move her finger of her right hand (her writing hand) - the ability to write.

Crew Sheet

Name: The Sun Kiss Pirates
Ship: The Fly Away
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k144/6greyhounds/cute%20pics/Sun.jpg
Captain: Armelia E. Sora
Other: Young Pirates with the sole purpose of finding the One Piece Treasure, while at the same time, become famous. Sora, the captain, doesn't like being in charge all the time. She relies on her first-mate.

mcstringer
09-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Iaght mind if I join up? Your crew that is.

AeRaShin
09-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Well sure! Hop aboard!
(haha... pirate humor...)

mcstringer
09-07-2010, 02:46 AM
Repaired. Hope more come along.

AeRaShin
09-07-2010, 11:39 PM
Banners Made by Zelda!

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/5372/aerabanner.png

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/2781/aerabanner2.png

mcstringer
09-08-2010, 12:29 AM
The pictures are X ed on my computer.

AeRaShin
09-08-2010, 12:48 AM
erm... http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/5372/aerabanner.png

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/5372/aerabanner.png

try the links... i guess.

mcstringer
09-08-2010, 01:50 AM
Nope my browser wont let me see imageshack. Weird I know, but it just is. Saw them for a few minutes. They were awesome.

AeRaShin
09-18-2010, 03:24 AM
Hmm, I'll try to upload them on a different photo hosting site. But at least you saw them.

People, join! ~cusith~

Stilted
09-27-2010, 11:37 AM
Name: Hanz Harlock
Nickname: none
Sexuality: gay. This being a One Piece RP, I’ll just use this as a gag.
Position: firstmate and “seabeast” expert. If it is aquatic and eats people, chances are he knows all about it, such the best way to kill or possibly even tame it.
Personality: Hanz could careless about One Piece: life on The Grand Line is what he really wants. Treasure and glory aren’t priorities; he’s an adrenaline junkie. Will find any excuse to party and loves to show off, his peppy positive thinking sometimes being just plain scary. He‘s very easily pumped, talking fast and loud. The reason he isn’t the salesman of the crew is because is because he’s mostly focused on his own fun, making conversations often a bit onesided and making him come off as a jerk. It isn’t like he’s stupid, just impatient with anything that doesn‘t seem practical to him. A big risk taker, very good at making decisions on the fly and keeping his nerve under pressure. He’s even a gambler.

Holds Sora’s late pirate bro in very, very high esteem, often exaggerating things; it might sound like he’s talking about Gold Roger himself. Thus, he sees it as an honor to serve as Sora’s subordinate. As a result, he can seem really creepy, really quickly. Views Zeek as a major party pooper.

Short Bio:
Hanz was born into a small fishing village. There wasn’t truly anything of extraordinary in the village expect for some fancy taxidermy, the head of a sea monster, the made up the door of a house. It belong to an old, drunk, one armed, peg legged woman named Rusalka. At first the boy accepted that he was just going to be another fisherman just like father and father’s father, but it eventually met Rusalka. Over a few years, whether he wanted her to or not, she’d daily tell him stories about how she used to be sail with pirates, how she had searched something bigger than life. Fittingly enough, the crew’s primary concern hunting anything big and nasty. Some of the tales were obviously exaggerated or fogged, but Hanz certainly believed in the one the old woman told most often, of her last voyage, when the crew salyed the monster whose head became her door but took her arm and leg as a consolation prize. Retired, but still obsessed, she collected book after book on seamonsters, even writing a little on the ones she encountered.
To put it mildly, the kid was inspired, red her books cover to cover, and got a bit of mischief because of it all.

One day the Mayhem crew stopped by the village, so getting provisions and a weapon from Rusalka, Hanz sneaked on board. It wasn’t long before he was caught, but when the Mayhem pirate threatened to kill the boy, he at least didn’t look like he was going to wet himself, which impressed a few of them. It wasn’t long before the siblings joined the crew, and slowly grew to see SOra’s brother as a man amoung men, crying when he died. When hearing the truth about Sora and that they were going to abandon her, he did the same to them, sneaking of when they dropped her of, joining Sora.

Weapons:
Pike- the techniques he first developed for fishing evolved for bigger prey. When fighting with it, he plays keep away and tries to to toy around his opponents, his primary goal being to to unnerve them as much as possible so he or his can comrades can get an opening. Also skilled at throwing it. The head is same as the one given to him by Rusalka.
Knife- more of tool for gutting fish than combat, usually just sitting it in his belt. He’s got enough brains to know that he might lose the pike; fights savagely with a knife.
Appearance: http://i54.tinypic.com/ei9p51.jpg
Other: Can’t hold his liqueur near as much as he claims, but keeps drinking anyways. His motto is "Under this flag, I live in freedom."

The Imposter
09-27-2010, 03:10 PM
Name: Tracy Pozzil

Nickname: Bos'n, Trace, CiCi

Sexuality: Hetero

Position: Boatswain (Bos'n)/ Currently also providing meals for the crew

Personality: Tracy is thoughtful especially when it comes to speaking her mind. She always takes careful consideration in what she says which others see as wisdom. When it comes to the ship though she seems very protective and doesn't tolerate carelessness well. Because of her thoughtfulness it often takes a long time for her to make decisions of greater importance. She has her own walls up but is still quite friendly and fun.

Short Bio: Tracy grew up on the streets with her younger brother (hence the nickname CiCi). She didn't really know what ever became of her parents but found that she was now responsible for another person. She did her best to help her brother Johan even if it put her own well being in danger. The two of them developed a variety of skills to help them survive. It was a fun childhood to say the least.

Things changed as her brother grew older. He became short tempered, cruel, vicious, and indignant. She tried to keep him somewhat contained but it didn't take long before their reputation became infamous. She just wanted to survive but he wanted more. This led to the legend of One Piece, Johan thirsted for it and more than anything wanted to become the next pirate king. His sauve helped him assemble a rag tag crew together and Tracy became his quartermaster. The pirate life wasn't as bad as she thought and she came to enjoy it. Her brothers characteristics even started to influence her.

It was on a particular raid that Tracy was brought to her senses as she watched some horrific things executed by her brother. She took matters into her own hands by sabotaging their ship and leaving it to sink in the Grand Line. She has never looked back on the incident, and recently found herself in the company of Sora, Hanz, and Zeek. She plans on finding One Piece in honor of her brother, not the man he had become but the childhood one she loved.

Weapons: Carries two daggers, one her own and the other her brother's. But commonly combats using wind and fire wheels: http://www.wle.com/media/W044.jpg

Appearance: http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/Fair_One_Of_The_Last_Dusk/Female%20Anime/Female%20Anime%20Continued/Pirate.jpg

Other: For some reason she seems almost afraid of guns and won't use one. Angel fruit intrigues her but she has never been given the opportunity to eat some.

mcstringer
09-27-2010, 03:44 PM
Yeh more people!

AeRaShin
09-30-2010, 02:04 AM
Whoop! Tracy and Hanz are boh accepted!

The Imposter
09-30-2010, 12:39 PM
Haha sweetness! May I ask how many are you looking for before we start? I'm looking forward to this!

AeRaShin
10-01-2010, 01:31 AM
Hrmm.. I quite excited to start this myself, but I'd like some Navy people.
I'm making a Navy character right now, but if we had more people, I think it would be a lot more fun. :]

AeRaShin
10-01-2010, 02:08 AM
Ahh! Double-posting bad! D:

Name: Egon J. Gunther
Nickname: Lieutenant, sir
Sexuality: Presumably straight, but doesn't show any interest in love at all.
Alliance: Navy
Crew: Fleet 8
Position: Lieutanant
Personality: Seemingly emotionless, Egon hides his feelings quite well. His face is unreadable, and he always does something unexpected to keep people guessing. He has quite the sense of humor, playing tricks on his subordinates, and sometimes he does things that seem queer. He's a bit masochistic, so he likes being pushed around. And since he's not particularly big, he's always pushed around even by subordinates. He's proud and arrogant, but he has a sense of loyalty and justice that it usually unheard of in recent times. He obeys orders gracefully, despite how he feels about them, and he has no mercy for a pirate or any sort of criminal. He's very vengeful, and he won't forget his enemies, ever.
Short Bio: Egon led a simple life. His father was a Navy captain, and his mother was a wealthy lady of a noble. He grew up in leisure, with servants to play with and everything he ever wanted. He wasn't exactly healthy, but he wasn't sickly by any means. Chronic bronchitis left him bedridden from time to time. Because of his upbringing, he was arrogant and proud, so the other children stayed away from him. He didn't care though because the servants always played with him. His father was a very large man, but his mother was a very small and petite woman. He got his mothers traits, looks and personality. Even as he became an adult, he was still a measly 5 foot 4 inch.
It was quite obvious he wasn't going to grow anymore, so he at least wanted to feel big. He joined the Navy, with his father. And for a time, it was living hell for Egon. People ridiculed him for his size, personality, and his connections with the Navy captain. It wasn't until two years prior that he gained the rank of lieutenant and respect from the others. But, even so, there are quite a handful of people who still look down on him. He plans to make them pay for ridiculing him.
Weapons: Two pistols, each bullet he makes by himself, sometimes lodging poisons or strange concoctions in them.
Appearance: http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll46/NeroBlueRose/anime-guy.gif
Other: He has a attraction to cute things (plushies, babies, small animals, etc.).

Crew Sheet

Name: Fleet 8
Captain: ..

The Imposter
10-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Name: Heath Erastus
Nickname: Captain, The Bound
Sexuality: Hetero
Alliance: Navy
Crew: Fleet 8
Position: Captain

Personality: Heath is a cold man, cruel man that seemingly has no consideration for life in general, even his own. His thoughts are calculated and methodical which has caused him to become a master tactician. Sometimes it seems though that his sanity hangs by a thread when his crew engages opposition, becoming a madman out for blood. He is distant from many in his crew. Sometimes talks of being chosen or called for a greater purpose which causes some to worry for their safety.

Short Bio: The Navy cannot deny that Heath's prowess is unrivaled by many other captains in the whole Navy. His past is kept secret ever since joining the navy at twenty four. Much of what is said of his past is all legend speak and no truth. The story goes though that Captain Heath was once a happily married man and father of two. He worked in the gunpowder industry passed down through the family. On one fateful night those precious jewels in his life were crushed by a band of pirates. He at the time had just begun negotiations with the Navy on a new type of gunpowder and the incident caused him to fully devout himself to the extermination of piracy in the Grand Line.

He has proved his ability time and again even risking his own life as well as his crew's. Despite the few complaints from new transfers to his crew the Navy his vessel his crew is quite unshakable and loyal.

Weapons: A combination of a rifle and bayonet, Cutlass
Appearance: http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu321/hyperparfait/Anime/07-ghost/07g07_ayatan.jpg

Other: He is an expert with gunpowder and has some of his crew work to create munitions that optimize their ability to exterminate piracy.

Crew Sheet

Name: Fleet 8
Captain: Heath Erastus

winryz
10-05-2010, 06:56 AM
ummm.. i'm like new here.. and i don't really know what to do.. can u umm.. help me?

AeRaShin
10-05-2010, 07:40 PM
I'm tired of waiting, and my patience is very slim right now. So, I'm starting the IC. The link will be in the first post, or I mean, you could find it yourself if you really wanted to.

AeRaShin
10-15-2010, 01:45 AM
I hate double-posting, but the link is in the first post. Someone else start it, 'cuz I don't want to d-post again. D:

mcstringer
10-15-2010, 12:55 PM
How would you want us to start it?

AeRaShin
10-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Uhm, I want it to start of sort of peaceful. Uhm, the pirates can be docked at a port in some town (quite some distance from Grand Line). So, the Navy would also be in that general area as well.

mcstringer
10-20-2010, 03:40 AM
I guess I am just used to being the last to post. I am geting impatient.

AeRaShin
11-05-2010, 01:28 AM
Post people! :D

The Imposter
11-05-2010, 01:55 AM
Ah! I knew I was forgetting to do something. I'll do my best to get a post up on Saturday. Friday is going to be super busy so I doubt I can squeeze it in. My apologies!

AeRaShin
11-05-2010, 02:14 AM
It's fine.. that happens to me all the time.
And everyone has lives (I hope), so a little absence is understandable.

The Imposter
11-09-2010, 04:14 PM
There we go I finally got a post up. I'll do better to be a little faster from now on.

mcstringer
11-09-2010, 09:40 PM
ditto

AeRaShin
11-14-2010, 10:37 PM
Hi, I'm back.

But, uh, no one's posted?
:(

The Imposter
12-15-2010, 07:34 PM
I just posted, I don't know if I'm beating a dead horse. I mean is there any interest in this at all still?

AeRaShin
12-15-2010, 08:22 PM
It is in the recycle box now.
However, if enough people are interested, I can have it reinstated.