PDA

View Full Version : •IC•The Succession of Shifters

Biophysicist
08-31-2010, 06:07 PM
OOC : http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5783

The Voidstone Fields are the most inhospitable world that people can actually survive in (except for Neosol, but that's special). This is why Deanna used them for her secret communication relay. Metaphysically attached to the Fate Core, this device allows her to communicate with her agents on worlds where a receiver unit has been deployed, and also with her siblings.

"Are you absolutely sure?", Deanna asks of the man on the other end of the relay.

"Yes. He's dead, ma'am. Court physicians have examined him quite thoroughly."

"Very well... I suppose it's only fair to notify the others."

She terminated the communication, then entered a short program into the Fate Core through the relay that would send messages to all of her siblings notifying them of their father's death, and asking them to meet in a world called Nihilo to discuss it. She then proceeded to that world herself. It's a cold place, consisting only of a grey rock the size of a small planet all alone in the night, and nothing else. It was on this planetoid that the meeting would happen.

Deanna sat on the stair-shaped rock she had arrived on, and waited.

Allan-Hatai
08-31-2010, 09:43 PM
Aylanna took another look at the message her father had left her, then glanced at her comm device. So, one of the others had confirmed it and wanted everyone to meet. Very well, not like she was busy anyway. Actually, it would fit in with her plans to observe her half-siblings. All Brights knew she didn't want to rule, but she wanted to make sure the right person did. A nice place for herself in the new regime wouldn't go amiss, either, but mostly she just wanted to make sure all the dimensions would be taken care of. There was not going to be any tyranny or brutality if she could help it.
She sighed, shoved the device in her pack, then headed for the tavern stairs. Nihilo. Why there? she wondered as she shifted to the stairs and started climbing. Maybe someone had a cruel sense of humor? Or maybe they just wanted to make sure everyone was equally miserable. Yeah, that was her guess. She checked the claymore across her back as she stepped into the world. Hmm. She was now reminded precisely why she'd never come here.

Shifty
08-31-2010, 10:46 PM
A small, crystal clear orb hovered about 10 feet above the grassy ground in some universe. It simply floated lazily, with no real purpose. nearby, Zekael sat in a simple wooden chair, an equally simple qooden table beside with two things on it; a glass of water and a letter. Zekael watched the orb, his own creation. He loved to make things like it, so simple yet so sublime and graceful. It had a calming effect on him.

He diverted his attention from the orb to look at the letter on the table. It was a confirmation of his father's death, and a request to him and his siblings to meet at Nihilo for a discussion. Zekael sighed, grabbed the letter, and stood up. All other objects around him dissapated into their constituent particles and atoms. He slid the letter into a pocket, and looked at his clothing. He was wearing a deep marroon suit over a black vest and shirt, and had black loafers on. His tie was a goldenrod yellow with black diagonal stripes. He smoothed out any wrinkles, shined his shoes, and tightened his instantaneously, then nodded approovingly. Then he stepped on a lone set of stairs, and traveled to Nihilo.

thesouleater
09-01-2010, 12:24 AM
Joe was asleep when his phone beeped... loudly. He groaned, thinking that it was his alarm and opened the phone to shut it off. He blinked a few times before realizing that it was a message and not his alarm. He opened and frowned. It was concerning his father. It confirmed he was dead. He sighed and read the rest. They were all going to meet on Nihilo?

Joe flipped the phone shut and put it back on the shelf beside the bed he was on. He had rented out a hotel room for the night since he hadn't had a lot of sleep lately. He slowly lifted himself out of bed and checked the time. 1 AM. He sighed, putting his clothes on. He grabbed his weaponry and cellphone. After writing a note to the hotel owner saying thank you, he started travelling to Nihilo.

Vampirequeen
09-01-2010, 12:36 AM
Persephone Luna Imr sat down in a chair and reached for the letter on the table. As she read the letter, her eyes grew wide as she read of her father's death.
"Of all the places to have a meeting at, why Nihilo?" she wondered.
She sighed, grabbed her Knife of Poison, and took the Eternal Star to Nihilo.
"Why here?" she muttered under her breath.

The Magnan
09-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Ghost sat in her palace in Nightmare. She got up and stepped on the balcony. Outside was hell. Yet she was the odd one out, wearing a white clothing. She stood out, and her power was growing. Her armies marched the land killing anyone who dared to try and escape. This was her realm. Her rules. But the Nightmare city had rosen, and weaker civilians on the realm carried on their daily jobs. She smiled. Her kingdom was growing, and very soon she would be able to merge it with another, and another, and another. She then recieved a message explaining dear old dad was dead. Was that possible?

She opened up a portal to the Eternity stair, and made her long grueling ascent to meet her other siblings. When she arrived she found the world she was now in dull and baron. Nothing compared to Nightmare. This place would be a good place to test her Reality twist ability. Where Nightmare became real for anyone she came up against. No one ever survived in Nightmare. But it would have to wait. She found Deanna sitting on a square shaped rock.

Biophysicist
09-04-2010, 10:01 PM
"Are we all here?" Deanna looked around quickly, then shook her head.

"Apparently not. Nonetheless, we must begin."

Dramatic pause.

"Our father is dead, as I told you all. There will be a time for mourning, yes, but something more important lies immediately ahead."

Even more dramatic pause.

"We all all know what I mean, but I'll make it explicit. The succession. We must decide on a new ruler... But not immediately. Back on Earth, they are looking into his wishes. That's why I called you here today. To vote on a non-aggression pact for five days - so that our librarians may have sufficient time to discover if Tasmos had named a successor in his private will - and to bind it into High Law."

This was a phrase that should make everyone a tad nervous. The High Laws were not something to be taken lightly.

"If you really care about Tasmos's wishes, you will agree with me," she concluded.

<OOC>As frequently happens to me, I had something planned but forgot what it was so I made something up on the spot. soulpelt, if you're reading this, please try to post soon.</OOC>

thesouleater
09-06-2010, 04:26 AM
Joe walked in at the 'nonetheless, we must begin' and sat down on the ground, cross-legged. He folded his arms across his chest and listened to Deanna. He sighed when she finished and leant back on his hands, a rock poking into his left palm. He lifted his hand, brushed it away and put it back down. He tilted his head to the side. "Our old man never specialized any of us, the chance that he chose a successor is not even 1 out of 10. More like 1 out of a million. I don't mind waiting for the fight -I dislike violence and avoid it as much as possible- but, I wouldn't be surprised if none of us were chosen." He tilted his head to the side, a bored look on his face. "Can I go back to sleep now?"

The Magnan
09-06-2010, 10:58 AM
Helen 'Ghost' Imr had her arms folded, she was not interested at first in succeeding as ruler as she ruled Nightmare. But if she was queen, she could merge every reality into hers. If she was not queen then she would do it the hard way, and if the new ruler tried to stop well. They'd suffered a fate worse than death. She heard Joe's comment and responded angrily, "Dad's dead and you can think of nothing but sleeping!"

thesouleater
09-06-2010, 02:18 PM
Joe's eyes flickered over to Ghost and he turned to face her. "Well, obviously there's nothing we can do about it. He's dead. I'm sure that all of us would have mentioned something about ressurection if there was such a thing. Don't get me wrong, I miss the old man, but there is nothing we can do. So, the question is, are you going to be sitting here like a duck, or are you going to move on? I've by far moved on, the man was old and I was expecting him to die soon. His death didn't surprise me." He said, the whole time staring right at Ghost's eyes. He stated the truth and everyone else should know it.

The Magnan
09-06-2010, 03:26 PM
She agreed with him but asked, "You think you could do better?"
She folded her arms, the sooning this was over, the sooner she could get back to running her own kingdom. "I hate family reunions....." she whispered quietly. She hoped her advisor was doing a good job. She hoped not to get back and find her servants revolting. She despite having a nightarish realm tended to treat subjects fairly. Unless they had problems then she deal with them apprioately. Execution was a messy business. She needed them alive and that was the important thing.

thesouleater
09-06-2010, 03:47 PM
"Do better at what exactly? Running a kingdom? I could sure as hell do better than you." Joe said, a confident look covered his face. He turned away from Ghost and faced Deanna, his face shifting back to bored and tired. "Can I leave now? Or is there some other 'important' crap that I have to listen to?" He was fed up with his siblings already. He just wanted to leave and get some sleep. He had gone to bed late, then was woken up at 2 in the morning. Well, that's what it felt like to him anyways. Just because of where he was staying at the time.

The Magnan
09-06-2010, 03:51 PM
"You have no idea," said Ghost swiftly. She would make it that her brother Joe would be the first to suffer at the hands of her little Nightmare creation. Of course no one but her knew about it. A secret she looked forward to inevitably revealing. She smiled to herself and turned back to Deanna.

Allan-Hatai
09-06-2010, 05:02 PM
Lann grew sick of the others' bickering and spoke, her voice slightly husky and quiet as she rebuked them. "Both of you seem to have lost sight of why we're here. The balance of everything is at stake, and you can't see past your petty differences." She took a long, hard look at Deanna. "I agree to the pact. But even with it, if anyone attacks me I will fight back."

Vampirequeen
09-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Persephone watched as the others argued for a few moments before another person stopped the arguing and agreed with the woman who had spoken first. At this point, she stood up and spoke.
"I too agree with this pact."
She pulled out her knife and held it in front of her.
"However, if anyone tries to attack me, they will die a very painful death." she added in a harsh voice.

thesouleater
09-06-2010, 05:49 PM
"Since when have not seen siblings fight, Lann?" Joe asked. "I'm fairly certain that you and I have been in multiple arguements before, despite the fact that this time we are meeting up because of our father's death. By trying to brake up our argument, your just going to create another." He watched as Lann and Persephone agreed to the pact. He put his head in his left hand and slowly looked up. Well, atleast he would have everyone off of his back for a while. "Alright. I agree to the pact... blah blah blah, so on and so forth. Now may I leave?"

inertia1
09-07-2010, 01:23 AM
Merham was in the heat of battle when the communicator on his wrist began to flash. He grunted. It meant that one of his bland, haughty siblings had sent him a message. He swung his hammer around him, crumpling the bodies of the enemy soldiers and sending them spinning away. Upon reading the message, he grunted again. His father had died. Now THAT was somewhat more interesting than what he had expected. His lieutenants understood that he occasionally had to leave suddenly, and anyway this was only a skirmish. Absently caving a skull in, he turned to the fortress they were defending, about a mile in the distance. He crouched and gave a mighty leap, his amulet glowing as he increased his inertia, allowing his momentum to take him in a broad arc above the battlefield.

He had miscalculated slightly, smashing through the stone wall of a tower, actually splintering the bunks of two soldiers in the room, killing them instantly and scaring the two others there witless. It was of little consequence. He took one look at the terrified faces of his minions before standing up, brushing himself off, and nonchalantly taking the stairs out.

Upon reaching Nihilo, he immediately realized that he was walking in on a conversation already in progress. A few of his half-siblings were pledging themselves to a pact when he entered, still wearing his dread armor and covered in blood.

"Uh..." he grunted in his deep voice, "Late. Sorry. What did I miss?"

Shifty
09-07-2010, 04:08 AM
Zekael had been quiet the whole time, sitting in a chair identical to the one he abandoned earlier, eyes closed and arms folded across his chest. He hadn't been ignoring anyone, but instead had been simply listening to his siblings. He, like Joe was tired, and somewhat frustrated at being interrupted from a very peaceful reverie. He finally stood up, his chair, once again, disappearing.

"I will agree to this pact, but have to ask something." He created a small orb of light above his right hand, watching it as it floated up and stopped just above his shoulder, changing colors all the way. "What is to stop anyone from breaking this pact as soon as we leave Nihilo? I simply say this out of worry for some of our less... benevolent family members. Other than that, I agree wholeheartedly to this pact, however it may turn out."

Zekael looked at Merham as he appeared, and spoke. "Not much. Deanna proposed a non-agression pact for 5 days while our father's last wishes are interpreted, and there was a small squabble among Joe and Ghost." He turned back at Deanna. "That's about it right? I don't think i missed anything."

The Magnan
09-07-2010, 03:59 PM
Ghost sighed, said, "Fine i agree to the pact." Ghost had no choice in the matter, but she was weary of her brothers and sisters. They had no idea that Nightmare Realm existed. Not yet. She had no plans soon to reveal the secret anyway. For now she like the others would wait for who was next in line to the throne. It could be anyone of them. She did wonder if her fellow siblings had plans to take the throne by force. They could all be capable of it. It would be a civil war in sense. But a war with in a family over who should rule?

Were any of them fit to rule over so much. That was the over consideration.

Vampirequeen
09-09-2010, 02:03 PM
After a few moments, Persephone returned her knife to its holder and sat down, putting her left hand on her left hip, close to the knife, in case she needed it.
"Is there anything else to talk about? Or can we go?" she asked.