PDA

View Full Version : [M] God-War [IC]

Awean8
08-31-2010, 10:32 PM
Zolvarus, Aegaia's crown city of wealth was now being sieged by the veteran West Aegaia army. Surrounding its ivory white walls the western soldiers bombarded the inside of the city with trebuchets equipped with fire destroying half of the District of Commerce.

Zolvarus being largely independant as a trade state tried to stay neutral during the war selling goods to both sides, but despite that Szorzi the Blood General attacked knowing fully of the strategic advantages of occupying this particular city. All the supplies his men most desperately needed, and a strong foot hold in the center of the country.

It is now on the fourth day of the siege, and the walls are still holding. The children who played out near the aqueducts that line some of the streets and eventually carrying water to the fountain in Porcelain Square are restrained indoors by thier mothers. Merchants aren't trading and the beggars aren't begging. The white streets of Zolvarus are all but deserted.

The city has enough food for months but who knows how long the walls will hold.....

In a tavern barely outside the Rogue's Quarter titled The Leaky Tankard there was a man, a very drunk man. His name goes in history as Rynn the Black Hound

"Stiletto, anotherrr drink..pleesh!", Rynn managed to slurr after drinking his seventh tankard of ale. Stiletto the bartender nodded his head "Rynn,you've already had more than any normal human could possibly drink."

"Its not for mee...its fer the prettee lady, next to me," Rynn said gesturing to the thin air next to him. Even though she was obviously imaginary and totally just in his stupid drunk head he couldn't help but think of how lush her breasts were. "booooobeeees"

Stilletto shook his head in shame for his childhood friend. "You haven't changed a bit" he said handing Rynn a new tankard filled with ale. "Even though the war has dragged on for eight long years you still enjoy life to its fullest. Wish most of us could say the same....enjoy your stay in Zolvarus, old friend.....because its about to fall."

Wattz
09-01-2010, 09:54 PM
T’ai had the misfortune of getting locked inside the city the moment the siege began, and the waiting around was making her more than distressed. She tried to keep her composure and had managed well enough, but this was the fourth day in this city and her sister I’ana was quite clearly not here. The townsfolk would have noticed another naiad running around. T’ai herself stuck out like a sore thumb, her skin covered in touch blue scales with flippers for feet, lugging around a lance.

She didn’t have the money to afford an inn, though she had been lucky enough to find a tavern that allowed her to sleep on a bench downstairs, given the circumstances of the siege. Most of the taverns turned her away, given that she was obviously and outsider. She ended up selling one of her necklaces for a bit of food on the third day. She had to hop around from establishment to establishment asking for water, though they were never willing to give her enough for fear that they would run out of supplies. The city well at the center was usually too well-guarded for her to steal any water from, though she had to sneak around most of the time, what with the empty streets.

Now she was more than fed up, and took to pestering the guards to let her leave.

“Listen, naiad,” one of them said, his professional composure leaving him. “Next time I see you causing a ruckus around here, I’ll be taking drastic measures. Don’t think I won’t.”

“But I have to get out of here! I have to hurry! This who thing is ridiculous.”

The guard scoffed and motioned around the area, towards the few other “insane” individuals who were begging to get out of the city as well. A scream crashed through the air, and blood spilled upon the cobblestone as they stabbed a man who attempted to break through their defenses.

“Take a look around. You’re no special case.” The guard was swift, and soon enough he was holding his blade to her throat. She stared back unflinching and had already brought her lance into position.

“If you even think about attacking me, the other guards will be on you faster than you can run,” he hissed, pressing his blade ever slightly on her neck, but enough to make a nick.

T’ai was more than tempted to lunge forward, to skewer him right in the stomach. She would have, she could have, if he hadn’t already had the sword to her neck, and if he hadn’t been right. Strong as she was, she could never take on a fleet of guards, and she needed to stay alive. She jerked away and scowled something fierce, careful to keep facing him until she’d put enough distance between them both.

She moved quickly, dashing down an alleyway. The buildings were low enough here, and they would be out of sight from the guards, if only temporarily. She grabbed a hold of a window ledge, her webbed hands gripping hard. Perhaps she could find a hole in their defenses, or maybe find a way around them, if she could get a good bird’s eye view.

TheEnd
09-02-2010, 12:58 AM
Adan walked into the Leaky Tankard. As he did so a bell could be heard ringing above the door, it alerted the inn keeper that a new customer had arrived. As Adan approached the counter at which the inn keeper stood, he could hear the drunkenness of one so called "Rynn". Rynn and the barkeep seemed to be good friends. He finally ignored the scene and removed the hood from his head. Adan's great main was terribly unkempt. Some hairs stood straight out from his head, while others lay flatly against it. His whiskers were badly groomed in much the same fashion as his mane. Both seemed to reflect Adan's mood, which wasn't very good at the moment.

The inn keeper smiled as he greeted the demi-human by name. Adan was very well known by him, the demi-human had passed through these parts before, and he had an obviously unique facade.

"Oi! Its Adan! Nice to see you again. It has been quite a while. A few years if I remember correctly. I heard rumors that you had died just yesteryear in the Far East."

Adan looked on the inn keeper with little interest before responding.

"Rumors can be quite misleading my friend and I have other business to attend to. Do you have comfy accommodations for someone of my stature?" asked Adan in his trademark deep voice.

The inn-keeper's smile faded as he looked at the lion man.

"I'm afraid all of the larger rooms have been purchased by the merchants who have abandoned their kiosks in the surrounding districts. However, if you do not mind being deprived of basic luxuries such as windows and privacy, you are welcome to stay in the wine cellar. There should be a sizable bed down there."

"The cellar will do just fine, what do I owe you?" asked Adan

"I can give you a discounted price seeing as you don't exactly have the best accommodations. How does 15 tins a night sound for a price?"

Adan reached into a small leather bag tied to his waist and retrieved the appropriate amount of currency. He paid for three nights in advance, it didn't seem the walls would be crumbling down anytime soon. Besides, the town guard did not look kindly on visitors who wanted to open the gate and leave. The demi-human promptly picked up his only possession, a sword wrapped in canvas, and proceeded turn in for the night. He calmly walked towards the cellar. However, he accidently bumped into a human roughly his size. He continued towards the cellar, but the man wouldn't let him leave just yet.

"Oi! Pussy cat! I'm talkin ter ya!"

Adan turned around, but gave no reply.

"Whats yer problem!? I'm o'er here tryna go get a drink and ya push meh!?"

Adan again gave no answer to the drunk man's questions.

"Ohoho we 'ave one o' dem silent types eh? I guess I'm gonna 'ave to pry that answer from your damned mouth!" yelled the drunken man as he swung, trying to punch Adan.

Adan simply sidestepped the punch, causing the drunk to trip and fall to ground. As the drunk tried to get up Adan planted his foot firmly in his back.

"I wouldn't do that." said the lion man.

The drunk angrily shoved Adan's foot off his back and jumped to his feet. He then attempted to uppercut Adan, to no avail. As the drunken man's fist was at its highest point in the air, Adan threw a single blow to his left cheek. The drunk fell to the floor, out cold. Many bar patrons simply stared at the scene in amusement, they'd seen it all before and it added a level of entertainment to their evening.

Adan continued to walk towards the cellar, deciding it best not to linger.

yocuri
09-02-2010, 05:41 AM
The sense of riping particles from flesh enveloped Cameron as he traveled through what seemed like both space and time. He could see nothing around him, nor feel anything that seemed tangible only the sense that he had finally lost his mind and the sense and feeling for everything around him. He was as cold as death and not far from that in actuality. He felt himself slipping in the midst of all the lack of reality until something began to tug on him, drag him in what seemed like the right direction to pull his existence back into having a purpose again.

He had never practiced making wormholes with his magic before, surely he had made a mistake whilst casting his spell or his epitome of apathetic emotions chose to portray themselves through his magic. It wasn't like him to lose this much control while trying to concentrate, but now he's paying for it. . . The tug pulls on him harder and harder until it rips through space. He lands hard on his back against a heavy wall in a dark alley way between a couple buildings of sorts. He looks up towards the sky and blinks "How..the hell am I still alive?" he asks himself in less than a whisper and then passes out.

He feels himself die in a way that he had never expected before, not feeling cold and dreary, but out of place and out of bounds. There is a stronger power at work, forcing his consciousness and his abilities to a higher level, he is filled with strength unlike anything he's ever possessed before- and believe me, the stuff he's been around has been pretty overwhelming- His newfound strength pushes him to his feet and his eyes are forced wide open, as if he's being forced to push himself through another day. No sounds, no flash, he just feels empowered.

He walks to an open area, away from the alley in which his spasm was taking place. He grimaces at the sunlight and how strong it is out in the open compared to the sliver of skyline he had gotten used to in the alley. He takes in his surroundings ". . . I don't think I'm in Kansas anymore..." he says quietly to himself, taking a wide look around until his attention is drawn to something quite curious fluttering around Porcelain Square. He steps closer and closer and a sign he remembered from his passed filled him with a sense of hope the he desperately needed in this new world. At least a dozen different colored butterflies were scattered closely around the Square. He grinned with relief that this new world wasn't without a breath of 'fresh air'. But it was not yet time to relax as he still had to nonchalantly discover facts and information about this new world.

He holds out is hand towards the air and glides it around slowly back and forth with the butterflies until one is curious enough to land on his palm for a moment. He smiles at it and pulls it closer to him, until a flash of his power pulsed through him and incinerated the butterfly in less than a second, right before his eyes. His heart dropped and he gasped for breath and could have choked, feeling as though he was just punched in the stomach- destroying such an innocent thing sent panic and shock through his system and he found himself nervous and scared of himself in a single flash of power. His sign of hope had just been diminished and he no longer let himself even look at the butterflies flitting around the Square.

Shaking ever so slightly, he put his hands in his pockets as if they were a danger to everyone around him. He turned away from the Square and went to seek some information, preferably through eavesdropping.

Awean8
09-04-2010, 01:58 AM
"So this rotten old tavern yours has finally attracted someone of importance. Haha!", Rynn said as if he was almost sober, "The great Adan Triae sleeping in the cellar and drinking the dragon-piss you pass off as good ale! How hysterical!"

"Hey! I resent that", Stilleto said actually defending the ale that he waters down more so than defending Adan. "Adan is a good man and his fame will bring more customers to this establishment, and eventually I might even be able to afford a......a bard."

"A bard...I could easily fill that role."

"Too bad, your throat is always hoarse and you smell like you bathed in the swamp."

Rynn chuckled at the insult directed at him honestly thinking it was clever and funny. " Stilleto...now that Adan is staying in your cellar I think its safe to say that there will be more colorful characters coming our way soon."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile in Erebus, the realm of Ares, a bet has been made between two brothers.

"I'll give you the great helmet that belonged to our father if if the city of Zolvarus falls on the fifth day", Ares said in his gruff and hoarse voice. The God of Destruction's skin was crimson red forever stained by the blood of his enemies, and his face scarred from a thousand battles. He was truly the ugliest creature in the universe.

"Now brother, what have we learned about making bets we can't win? hmm?", Shroud the God of Trickery looked alot different from his brother. He was beautiful with soft skin with smooth short silver hair, he was quite charming too.

"THATS BECAUSE YOU ALWAYS TRICK ME INTO LOSING BUT NOT THIS TIME!", Ares yelled at the top of his lungs being angered by his brother. "I HAVE MANY FAITHFUL DISCIPLES IN ZOLVARUS AND YOU HAVE CLOSE TO NONE!"

"Come now, Rynn will pull through.......Well, I bet the signet ring of our father if the Blood General's army retreats on the fifth day. I don't really need a rusty old helmet, I just need to see the delectable look on your face when you lose."

yocuri
09-04-2010, 03:38 PM
Cameron's head began humming with words that he didn't understand. He couldn't make out who they were, what they were saying or where it was coming from, all he could tell was that there were two distinct voices arguing back and forth in his head, both very powerful. He thought it was his subconscious trying to drive him mad, but then he realized that he would be able to understand the words if it was that case. ...something strange is going on here...he thought meagerly to himself.

He blinked out at the sun and shook his head at the sky before returning his gaze back to ground level. Little sunspots filled his vision and when he looked around, all he could see was a little tavern that he squinted at for several moments until his vision cleared. His peripheral vision caught sight of a blue creature scaling the roofs of buildings ...there's something strange going on here too. I wonder if it's worth checking out... he thought once more, wondering curiously what was the circumstance that filled this land.

He weighed his decision. Go single a certain blue creature out and ask for information upon this land or walk to a tavern and wait for loud drunkards to spill the stories inconspicuously... He made his way to the tavern, slowly, re guessing himself every step he took, but once he walked through the entrance, he stood there with conviction, catching a glimpse of a particularly large lion-man beast that frightened him with it's presents. He needed to learn that he had to expect anything in these parts. He walked past the noisy drunkards edgily, trying to avoid confrontation from any of these people, but he listened closely to words like "war", "battle", "days we've lasted" just trying to get a better idea on the situation at hand.

A strong power pulsated through the room and he figured it must have been the beast that had descended to the cellar until he took a look around the room and the pulsation was so strong that in nearly pulled him to a man sitting at the bar, looking very jolly and drunk, making conversation with the bartender who's name he caught and learned as 'Stiletto', but did not catch the drunk man's name whom immense power ricocheted off of even in a drunken state. ...how curious... he took a few steps toward him, but felt it was best to keep his nose out of personal business.

HarpuiaDangan
09-05-2010, 07:38 AM
"A Naiad? Its rare to see another so soon... And here?"

Katsu glanced at T'ai and grinned. He had a bloody arm and seemed to have past out in the alley only to awaken with T'ai stepping on him as she ran by. He also seemed burned and bruised. He pulled himself up and looked at her again, studying her.

"You can't get out like that... I tried..." Katsu showed his body. "I took about a couple hundred with me but those morons don't seem to end." Katsu coughed and rubbed his mouth with his sleeve.

"I'm not one to warn others... So take my advice... Unless you think you can help me kill an entire army. You don't have much of a chance."

Wattz
09-05-2010, 07:27 PM
Scaling buildings had proved much more difficult than she thought it would be.

She was in such a hurry that she didn’t notice when she stepped on the fellow laying in the alleyway, but stopped dead in her tracks on the side of a ledge when she heard his voice. T’ai turned her head and saw him lying beaten and bruised, and let herself fall back to the ground, landing her knees bent.

T’ai approached with the utmost of ease, ever ready to attack if need be. She was ever weary, and if she felt any presence of danger, she wouldn’t be opposed to leaving the man for dead. He got up slowly, and T’ai stopped her advance, but kept her spear ready.

“So you’re trying to get out too? Shame.” T’ai examined the man’s appearance, immediately noting the traps hanging from his belt and the hooks from his shirt. They made her all the more weary. She knew little of naiad hunters, but judging from his appearance, she inferred that he was a force to be reckoned with, despite his current bloodied state.

“What do you suppose we do then?” She sounded borderline sarcastic, exacerbated by the realization that her ideas had all been done, and had failed utterly. “Are we supposed to wait this out? I don’t have time for this. Land politics…” she scoffed at the thought. “Ridiculous.”

HarpuiaDangan
09-05-2010, 08:12 PM
He watched her as she examined him, tossing a few traps aside. "If I wanted to kill you. I wouldn't reveal myself." He noticed her aggressive stance.

"I also never realized you sea monkeys could climb." Katsu smirked and walked over to her. His steps were a bit slow and careful. Making sure to not appear threatening. He opened a bag under his coat and pulled out a loaf of bread and a canteen of water.

He handed the food to her and closed his bag. "Eat that, before I regret it." He then picked up the traps that he tossed away before.

"If we want to escape, you'll need to eat. I warn you though, I am a hunter of your species and I am very dangerous to you." A drop of blood fell off his face and landed on one of the many bear traps. It snapped violently near Katsu's foot.

Wattz
09-06-2010, 05:51 PM
T’ai grasped the bread and water, but eyed it reluctantly. T’ai opened the cork of the canteen, smelled it, looked at the color, tasted a drop, and was still unsure of whether or not it was poison. Thirsty as she was, she was disinclined to offer the drink and food of a stranger, especially when this very stranger had just pronounced himself a naiad killer. She wanted to voice this opinion, to tell him off and stab him right through the gut, but even T’ai had to admit that he had a good point.

If he had wanted to kill her, he wouldn’t have revealed himself.

Begrudgingly, she drank the full canteen with ease, careful to never lose her sight of the strange assassin. The familiar taste of water was somewhat comforting as it slipped down her parched throat, and her dehydrated body absorbed it gratefully. She threw it back to him and ate the bread as well, just now realizing how hungry she had been.

“You expect me to escape with a naiad killer?” She watched as the trap snapped shut, but flicked her strangely black eyes back to the man. “Such a shame that you might be my only hope of getting out of here. But what exactly do you propose we do? You yourself made it very clear that we can’t fight through them, nor can we climb over the mess. Not to mention, you're not exactly in the best of shape, either," she said this last part as she made a vague nod towards his wounds, for he was quite obviously still torn up from his fight. "You'd be more of a hindrance at this point than anything."

She eyed the assassin with the utmost of distaste, wanting nothing more than to stab him right through the heart. But what if there was a chance that he could help her escape? Was T'ai's pride more important than her sister's current wellbeing? Surely, she could slaughter him later. The pride of her people was all too important, but she'd come to far to let her sister crawl into further danger.

HarpuiaDangan
09-06-2010, 11:24 PM
He watched slightly amused at her reaction to the bread and water. "The only harm that food will bring you is a stomach ache if you eat like that." He pressed his back against a wall, waiting for her to finish.

He caught the canteen and returned it to his bag. "If you want to find the Naiad your seeking then yes we need to escape together." Katsu matched her dark eyes with his. "Its a shame you killed my people." Katsu pulled out a knife and quickly scratched a crude drawing of the city.

"You can control water a bit... Right?" He didn't wait for an answer and stabbed the knife into a wall and pointed at it. It was north on the map and in the middle of a the river he drew.

"They've built a dam. Its not very strong and if you could get even a few drops of water. It will begin to collapse."

Awean8
09-08-2010, 09:54 PM
The West Aegaian Army closed in on the walls of the city. Although they always sported the finest heavy armor they looked slightly different from before. They seemed to have gained an extreme morale boost, and gave no heed to the Zolvarian archers. They were planning something....

"I'm leaving this shit-hole", Rynn said half-drunkedly as he started towards the door but almost unable to keep his balance. "but I might need a little help first."

The tavern regulars all shook thier heads and even went so far as laugh at him knowing Rynn did this every other day. Not one of these slack-jawed shit-farmers will help him as this he leans on different walls and objects to keep himself upright. Stilleto would but he was busy with an important order. He was quite pathetic really....

Wattz
09-08-2010, 10:14 PM
“Wait…” T’ai’s stance wavered only slightly, realizing what the man had just said. “How did you know I was looking for someone? Have you seen her?” Just thinking that this assassin might have crossed paths with her sister before she had was unnerving.

If it really had been her kind that killed his people, the deed was more than likely not of her own clan. Western naiads contacted very little with landwalkers, nor did they hold much of a grudge against them. All in all, she still honored her own kind more than she did humans, and as such she decided to not voice a comment regarding the situation. Anything she had to say regarding the situation would probably aggravate the assassin.

“Yes, just slightly,” she managed to say as he thumped a knife into a map, marking where the dam was. It was a good plan indeed, and though her face remained stoic, T’ai’s eyes lit up ever slightly. If only she’d known about this earlier.

“I’ll do it,” she said without hesitation. The naiad already started off, but making sure to keep him within the corner of her eye.

yocuri
09-09-2010, 04:56 AM
Cameron would have ordered himself a few drinks, but he had no idea of the currency used in this world and he found it best not to draw attention to himself for the time being, laying low, he watched the man with immense power stumble across the room in a very clumsy manner. He sighed once he realized that a parlor full of drunks wasn't going to be too much more helpful at this point so he pulled the hood from his jacket over his head, shoved his hands in his pockets and tried meagerly to escape without too much notice.

An eerie shriek sounded from the back corner of the room and his ears perked up as he wondered what this noise could be and if others could hear it too. He turned to look and at the far end of the tavern, there sat one of the few women in the tavern. She was draped in robes and looked almost senile, but the wisest usually are. She caught his eye and signaled him to come over. The hairs on the back of his neck stood up due to nerves, but other than that he kept calm and walked towards the woman. He stood a foot and a half away from her while she sat and finished having a conversation with herself. "...the Gods are toying with us." she finished abruptly before looking him straight in the eye "YOU are not from AROUND HERE, are you?" she said rather loudly, figuring no one in the room would take any interest.

Cameron's eyes widened as if all of his life's secrets had been let loose, but only for a split second did he let his face give away that much emotion. He steadied himself, preparing his voice to speak before actually speaking "No, I suppose I am not." he said much quieter than she had said. He looked straight at her "Do you know why I am here?" he questioned.

"No, I suppose I do not." the woman answered sarcastically. "But I must suppose that you're not here for your own selfish purposes... The Gods are toying with us." she repeated, louder than before, making severe eye contact with him, the runes in her pockets rustling and the many medallions on her person jingling with a passion, shimmering in the dim light of the tavern.

"I see... I can only wonder why..." Cameron replied, wondering if anybody had and REAL answers. He noticed Rynn stumbling through the tavern for a while longer and he motioned to him with a twist of his head and asked "Who is he?" louder than he had hoped, just wondering who this man could be with the spirit of power within him so strong.

The woman just shook her head "The Gods are toying with us."

Awean8
09-09-2010, 09:26 PM
After a few minutes of struggling Rynn just decided to lay there. The floor was wet and gross as if Stilleto had never even heard of soap before. The room seemed like it was spinning circles around him, although he was still aware of the odd man wandering about the tavern staring at him.

"Hey new guy! I'll buy you a drink if you help me back to the barstool there," he said to the man immediately feeling slight nauseated afterward. he was about to keel over.

He also noticed the strange woman cloaked in the back and thought what any other patron at this lovely establishment would think. Crazy old bat.

yocuri
09-10-2010, 03:08 AM
Cameron sighed and thought to himself '...great, i have a nickname...this is going to go over well.' "You'll buy me a drink?" he questioned with a smile, "Alright, but you don't get to go to second base until you buy me dinner." he laughed at his own joke and held out his hand to Rynn. "Name's Cameron." he said, still waiting for him to get off the floor and grasp his hand until he figured that that wasn't going to work. He rolled his eyes and sighed "Y'know, you don't look to great- why don't you forget about walking- you give me the cash and I can buy YOU a drink!" he said, still trying to calm his nerves with a little humor.

Awean8
09-11-2010, 03:34 PM
Rynn's head hurt, almost as if he was just clubbed by Imperial Guards which incidently has happened to him before. This Cameron guy was kinda wierd, especially the second base thing, but Rynn wasn't exactly in the best of shape at the moment, so he wouldn't dare refuse help. "hmm...fine, here's a couple coppers buy me a glass of milk, and buy yourself something. I'll be waiting here, getting ready to throw up."

yocuri
09-11-2010, 06:13 PM
"Milk? . . . Trying to coat your stomach so you're not starving during your hangover?" Cameron rolled his eyes. "Alright" He took the money and walked over to the counter and asked Stilleto who had overheard what Rynn wanted and had the milk ready as he shook his head in slight disappointment. "Uhmm, could I also get something? I'm not sure what I want, just something relatively strong, please." Stiletto shrugged, slightly annoyed that he wouldn't just tell him what he wanted "Anything specific?" Cameron shook his head "Just something for big boys." he laughed, to which Stiletto replied "You're humor is not appreciated until you tell me what you want." Cameron grimaced and put the copper down on the table and grabbed the milk and headed back over to Rynn and tried to hand it to him, but to no avail. "Are you gonna be okay? You look really bad... Do you need to see a doctor?..." Cameron asked, real concern in his voice as he held the milk out for him in his hand, the cup going icy cold to the touch as his emotions swelled with his power.

HarpuiaDangan
09-11-2010, 07:15 PM
"I'm a Naiad hunter. Of course I know if some Naiad are around. I also heard you talking to those guards. Funny thing is... They talked of another Naiad that had asked them the same thing after you left." Katsu slid the knife out of the wall. "Unless I've killed her I can help you track her down, especially since I will have to protect you while you destroy the dam. I don't want you to leave me behind as you escape."

He grinned and grabbed her shoulder. "The water from the damn isn't going to kill the army but theres a sulfur field that the flooding water should enter. After that, the steam should burn the army alive in their own armor." Katsu played with the blade in his hand.

"I also suggest this drunkard to help us. We need a distraction to exit the city. My friend Rynn should be perfect unless he nearly decapitates us in his drunken state..."

Awean8
09-13-2010, 09:57 PM
Rynn took the nice cold milk drinking with much delight. "Thanks. I'm not exactly like most humans, so I should be fine." He still couldn't stand up, but he gradually recovered his sobriety.

"Sorry, 'bout Stilletto. He's a bit of grump. Its the war and all. Would you mind staying here until my bud gets here? Since you look like green to this parts, you might want to make some new allies", he said laying his head on tavern's floor once more feeling relaxed.

Wattz
09-14-2010, 09:37 PM
T’ai ripped her shoulder away from his grip. Every word he uttered made her skin crawl. Though he continued to taunt her about her sister, she would not let this cloud her judgment. It would do I’ana no good to be irrational. She wanted terribly to run from Katsu the moment she escaped, but he seemed insistent on them staying together. No matter. She’d find a way, sooner or later.

“Fine. Lead the way.”

With that, she followed Katsu as he made his way towards the tavern. A drunkard named Rynn was supposed to help them. T’ai knew little about alcohol, for naiads didn’t have it where they lived. She’d tried imported alcohol once, but two sips and she’d fallen over. Naiads had almost no tolerance for the awful stuff.

The sign indicating The Leaky Tankard was rusty at best, dangling and creaking in the slight breeze. The outside appeared just as dirty as the inside, and the sight of belligerent humans made T’ai raise an eyebrow with distaste. She was grateful that her people didn’t succumb to the drink. To her, it just made people act ridiculous.

“Where is he?” she asked, hoping that it wasn’t the loud, obnoxious man by the bar with a few others. Sadly, T’ai had the sneaking suspicion that this was the man they were looking for.

Awean8
09-15-2010, 10:28 PM
"Hey Katsu, whose the......fish", Rynn asked recovering from his drunken stupor. He wondered where he found a Naiad, and why his friend who has had prejudice towards the sea-folk for years was associating with one now.

Stiletto also looked at thier friend with suspicion. The casual bartender poured drinks for some customers as the Katsu and the Naiad walked in almost spilling the drinks all over the bar as he stared in shock.

"This is odd."

Rynn nodded in agreement and whispered to the bartender,
"Yeah, even for Katsu."

HarpuiaDangan
09-16-2010, 02:09 AM
Katsu walked slowly as droplets of blood trailed behind him. He gave a nasty cough as he pulled out some rusted metal rods. The rods had mangled hooks and spikes but the gruesomest detail is what they held. Each had layers of eyes pierced through the hooks and as he continued to pull out more rods. He soon began dropping others onto the floor. The blood that trailed him finally fell to his feet. He looked at his friend grinning. "My traps didn't work as I'd hope but it will keep the soldiers away for another day." He dropped the rest of the giant irons onto the floor.

He gave the bartender a decent tip for the mess. He knew why Rynn was stunned. He then turn to T'ai to give his reason. "She's going to help us get rid of them completely. In return, I'll tell her where her sister is." Katsu bought some water.

"What was your name again?" Katsu asked T'ai. He had remembered he never asked for a name.

Wattz
09-16-2010, 08:18 PM
It wasn’t hard to see everyone stare at the sight. She could only infer that her presence was even stranger considering the man’s apparent profession. T’ai watched as he pulled the rusted rods, wondering how he planned to escape in his current condition.

Being at the mercy of this Katsu was more than unnerving. She wasn’t even sure if he was telling the truth, if he knew where I’ana went. She wasn’t foolish enough to take every word he said as truth, but she wasn’t too stubborn to decline his offer.

“My name is T’ai,” she said. Rynn had already addressed Katsu by his name.

Awean8
09-16-2010, 10:16 PM
Rynn although not fully recovered was ready for some action. He was sick to his stomach watching his childhood home being under siege and not being able to do anything. Rynn wanted nothing more than to see those Western pigs crying back to the Blood General with thier lips against thier own asses!
Although he didn't really hate Western Aegaia, for he didn't choose sides in this war, he just wants them away from his home.

'Katsu......is your plan still on?" he asked wondering which method of distraction he will use on the guards this time.

Katsu's plan is brilliant but it had flaws. It probably won't kill a majority of the army, especially the ones waiting in reserve. At the very best it will startle them enough where they will retreat into the desert, but it was thier only shot.

HarpuiaDangan
09-16-2010, 11:25 PM
"Yea, of course. I prepared all my traps. Why do you think I'm in a horrible condition?" Katsu asked. He walked back toward the door. "Jin'ichi is waiting for us just outside the mountains." Katsu glanced at T'ai. "If all goes well we can get out of here." Katsu shuffled the sword on his back. He checked his wounds before heading outside.

yocuri
09-18-2010, 04:06 PM
Cameron hovered curiously around the situation, finally understanding a bit more as to what was going on in this world. Apparently, he came at a very bad time, but of course, even the worst situations can be turned into good ones. "So...are we aiming to kill here?" he asked them timidly, wondering if he'll be playing a part in any of this. He glanced momentarily at the palms of his hands, nothing but flesh and bone as far as he could see, and yet the power that pulsated through him when he turned that butterfly to dust was scarily uncontrolled. He was afraid at what he might possibly do. He knew of his powers, but he had always had control over them to the very last detail, but now... He had no clue what was going on. Maybe it was just the different world, or perhaps the fact that he'd been brought back to life by some strange force... It was confusing, but he felt it was necessary in some strange way.