PDA

View Full Version : [M] The Warrior and the Rose (IC) (Jevan&Arcus)

Pages : [1] 2

MidKnight
09-06-2014, 05:55 AM
Mahiro was standing by one of the caravans, wondering when they were ready to head out. He had a sword by his sword, a broadsword he kept when he was with the Militia. Touching the hilt with his fingers, he looked around and noticed a nice large amount of people had joined the caravan. He knows they were going to the biggest city to find fortune or fame or live a better life. He was getting impatient however, he wanted to get on the road and get to the city soon. It was going to be a weeks trip to the city. He walked by each of the caravan, and stopped at the last one. Then he heard it, "Alright, roll'em out boys!" He looked over his shoulder and seen the caravan leader on his horse and headed towards the front. Then the caravan slowly moved, Mahiro kept up with the wagons, pretty much acted as a guard. Then he looked at some of the travelers, "Hello." He said and they both waved and smiled.

Arcus
09-06-2014, 06:08 AM
Runtia saw a soldier pass, he smiled at the group she was hiding among. She smiled back but pulled her hood farther down as well, she didn't want to risk being recognized. If she was she felt sure that her master as already sending a notice to everyone that she had run away. But she had to at least try to get away and hoped that no one would bring her back. She had long since stopped caring about the past, but if she could get away then maybe just maybe she can care about and dream of a future.

This caravan was her only hope, once she was on board. She separated from the group and went to the one that had the least number of people in it, hoping to be alone. Once settled down, she pulled her hood even farther down. Feeling more and more nervous as time went by.

MidKnight
09-06-2014, 06:18 AM
Mahiro continued to walk for a time, until he started to get tired. He jumped on one of the caravans and looked around inside, he noticed there was not much people in this one. He sat a little far away from someone who was wearing a cloak, he placed his broadsword at his side, and yawned. He took his head band off and gives it a smooth rub, and placed it back around his head. "So, you here to seek fame?" He asked the hooded person. Then he heard some noises coming from outside, feeling a bit interrupted, he grabbed his sword and looked at the hooded person. He smiled, and left the wagon.

There he saw a rider, talking to some of the other soldiers. Mahiro approached and looked at the rider, then to the men. "What's going on?" He asked, then the rider looked at Mahiro, "A....woman escaped from our camp, and we want her back." The rider spoken, then one of the men folded his arms, "Well too bad, this is a caravan, once it moves, there is no stopping." He said. "And this woman can be anybody." Mahiro also added. The rider gave up, no point in arguing with stubborn men.

"I wonder who this woman is." Said the soldier, Mahiro waved him off, "Best not to worry." He said, "For now, focus on protecting the caravan." The soldiers gave a small laugh, "So says the future General."

Arcus
09-06-2014, 06:32 AM
Runtia sighed when a guy came in, then looked to and asked if she was seeking fame. She wasn't by any means, all she wanted was a better life. She was about to say something when she heard something outside. She gulped, fearing what it was and instead of checking it out. She moved farther into the corner, pulling her hood down again. Praying to any god that she was hoping watching out for her, that she wouldn't be caught here. Her heart was pounding out of her chest.

MidKnight
09-06-2014, 06:37 AM
Mahiro returned back to the same caravan and he noticed the cloaked person had moved into the corner. Looking a bit puzzled, he moved to the other corner. He sat down, and placed his sword back at his side, he gives a big sigh placed his sword on his lap. "Bloody slavers." He mumbled under his voice, "Hate them." He mumbled again, he puts the sword at his side. He looked at the cloaked person, 'i wonder who is this person?' He thought to himself.

Arcus
09-06-2014, 06:52 AM
Runtia suppressed a sigh when the guy came back, but thought that she should at least set the record straight. So mumbled not really caring if the guy heard her or not. "I could care less about fame." Despite herself, she smiled slightly when she heard he hated slavers. She just hoped that she didn't hate slaves as am much. She never understood why some people thought that the slaves were just as much to blame as the slavers.

MidKnight
09-06-2014, 06:59 AM
"So it's wealth you want?" He asked another question, he placed the sword between his legs and examined the hilt of the sword, looking at the carving carefully. "No." He taps the hilt, "It's not wealth." He sighs again, he looked at the others who were in the wagon. Several of them looked outside and the others were asleep. Mahiro dugged into his small pack and found a piece of bread, tearing it to small pieces and eating it.

Arcus
09-06-2014, 10:07 PM
Runtia wasn't sure who had answered the man, but was pretty much the answer she would have given. She wanted a little bit of money, yes but she didn't see a point in being rich. She wanted just enough to not get caught by slavers again and live a better life then what she already had; not that would very hard. She looked at the man, feeling more then a little envious for his food. Not that she planned to say anything and lowered her eyes to the floor, wondering if they would pass through any of the slave cities.

MidKnight
09-06-2014, 10:13 PM
Feeling a bit agitated and anxious, Mahiro placed the bread next to the person in the hood. "Here, you can have this." He said as he gave his ration away. Mahiro moved through the wagon and jumped off, looking around and noticed some of the other men were walking next to some wagons. He walked along with them as well. Hours went by as they finally came to a camp site, the caravan formed a circle and then built a huge fire pit. Some of the men went out hunting and bringing back anything to eat. Mahiro stood next to a wagon and watched everyone, it felt cozy.

Arcus
09-06-2014, 11:09 PM
Runtia was more then a little surprised by when the guy gave her the bread. Though she didn't really hesitate to ate what she had been given. She stayed in the wagon, even after they were all circled and everyone else was out by the fire. She still didn't want her to be found out and was used to being alone, but after a while the smell of food drifting in called to her. Which her stomach was the first to answer with a growl, so she got up and finnaly left the wagon. Her hood still pulled down over her head, as she started towards the fire and wondered what kind of food that wsa there.

MidKnight
09-06-2014, 11:17 PM
Some of the soldiers helped skinned the wild animals that were found in the woods, deer mostly. Although how they killed a lizard creature size of himself. Although it made a tasty stew. Mahiro approached to the tables where they served the food, some of the folk were nice and gave him a plate of deer meat, bread, small amount of vegetables and a potato. The group began to sing some old songs, some were old war times, victory times and soothing as well. He sat on a log and looked at his food. Poking it with his finger and ate part of the potato.

Arcus
09-06-2014, 11:29 PM
Runtia smiled at the spread of food, once she got some. She looked around and saw a spot next to the man, everywhere else was crowded. So she went over to him and set down, not really saying anything. But she started eatting and was very glad to have the food, she couldn't remember the last time she had food this good or this much at one time. She wanted to eat it as fast as possible, because of how good it was. But she didn't do this and ate it slowly, savoring each bite. Was this how people normally ate? She couldn't help but wonder.

MidKnight
09-06-2014, 11:45 PM
Mahiro eats the piece of the deer meat and watched as the people danced around the fire, and noticed the person wearing the cloak hood, he gives a small laugh. "So you're going to be hearing that around a lot?" He asked and looked at the person. He noticed the person had fragile looking hands, and hair coming out of the hood, he figured the person was a woman. "It's okay to show your face around here, we all protect each other now." He said with a smile and eats another piece of the meat. "Once a caravan member, always a caravan member."

Arcus
09-07-2014, 12:00 AM
Runtia looked over to the man, her eyes looking older then she really was. She thought about that and heard, what he said. They protect each other? She thought, it was a new concept for her. She was frozen for a moment, before she eventually muttered. "If you don't mind I would like to keep it on," then looked back to her food and started eatting again, then whispered. "So its' always this lively?" Before eating again not really looking at the guy.

MidKnight
09-07-2014, 12:06 AM
Eating another piece of meat, and finished off his potato. Then heard her muttered a bit, "If you like too, that's up to you." He said to her, finishing off the deer meat and looking at the crowd. "Believe me, when the caravan stops and rest, it's like a celebration that we lived through the day." He sighs and puts the plate down, "Sometimes we all would just sit around and watch the camp fire and talk about the old days." Then he looked at his sword, "War stories."

Arcus
09-07-2014, 01:05 AM
Runtia listened and nodded, not really knowing what to say. When she finished she simply said, "that doesn't sound like a bad life." Then looked back to everyone dancing and having fun, she had only ever seen something like this from afar.

MidKnight
09-07-2014, 01:11 AM
"This life?" He asked, "Yeah it's not so bad." He looked back at the group, he could see the smiles on the children, and the looks of the family having a great time. "This will be my last trip protecting the caravan." He said, tapping the hilt of the broad sword, then touches his bandanna.

Arcus
09-07-2014, 01:21 AM
Runtia glanced back at the man, "your not part of the caravan?" She said curiously, "then are you just protecting it for money or something?" From her experience the reason most people did anything was to have power over others or for money. So she didn't see anything wrong with what she had said.

MidKnight
09-07-2014, 01:30 AM
"I'm no sell sword." He said back, still tapping the hilt, "Caravans needed protection, and they have no money to offer, so they asked about the village of forming some protection." He looked at the woman in the hood, "Thus the Militia was born." He smiled, "The Kings' army has no time to send soldiers to protect petty people, but we do have veterans who fought in wars and taught those who aren't capable of holding a sword defend themselves." He looked at the crowd, "I'm protecting them, because...well....just look." He said staring at the people who danced, having a great time. "It's peaceful."

Arcus
09-07-2014, 01:40 AM
Runtia listened to his story and then looked back at everyone else. She nodded, "it is peaceful. But then why are you leaving?" She asked not really able to understand what he was thinking. She was only on board so she could stop surviving and possibly live. But if he was here to protect the peace why would he be leaving? It didn't make any since to her.

MidKnight
09-07-2014, 01:44 AM
Grabbing his head banned, he pulled it further down, close to his eyebrows. "I wanna make it in the city." He sighs, "I want to become a General, so I can help protect people like these." He looked up to the crowd, "And stop slavery." He squeezed the hilt, "It's not right." He gives a small growl. "They need to be gone."

Arcus
09-07-2014, 02:06 AM
Runtia couldn't help but smile when she heard why he was leaving. "That is very admirable," she said secretly hoping he made it and that he kept is word about putting an end to slavery.

MidKnight
09-07-2014, 02:18 AM
"It's going to take longer to get to the city however." He sighs as he looks up to the sky and spotted a big mountain. "Getting there may sounds easy, but it never is." He looked at the hood woman, "Danger lurks everywhere." He smiled, "But don't worry, that's why I'm here."

Arcus
09-07-2014, 02:26 AM
Runtia nodded again, not sure what to say for a while. But when she did say something, she said the only thing that she could think of. As she pulled her hood farther down, "if at some point during this travel I disappear. Don't worry about me, surviving is kind of my expertise. Worry instead of these people," she turned and continued to watch as everyone played. She knew that if something happened to her, she could always find a way to keep surviving. It is the only reason she is still alive after all, but these people. They needed someone to help them keep their smiles.

MidKnight
09-07-2014, 02:38 AM
"Can't always depend on surviving just yourself." Mahiro cleared his throat, "I learned that the hard way." He placed his sword on the ground and touched his head banned, making it feel more comfortable, and sighs. "So...where you from?" He asked, wondering who she is. "I'm Mahiro by the way, I'm from the village we just left."

Arcus
09-07-2014, 02:55 AM
Runtia was caught off guard when Mahiro gave his name. She gulped and softly said, "Runtia. I'm not really from anywhere," looking down at her now empty plate. She couldn't remember anything before being a slave, just all the different types of slaves she has been. All of which are forcibly marked on her back, it was painful to think about it.

MidKnight
09-07-2014, 03:05 AM
Mahiro nodded his head, "It's nice to meet you." He said with a smile, then looked over and saw there was some left overs, then looked at Runtia's empty plate. He grabbed his own and grabbed her plate too, walked over to the table, the people smiled and asked him how was the food, "It was delicious." He smiled as they filled up his plate including the girls' plate too. He returned and set her plate next to her, and start eating his own. "Don't worry about the food supply, we usually go out hunting and find anything to eat, but not just anything, we're careful of what we find."

Arcus
09-07-2014, 03:18 AM
Runtia was shocked when Mahiro took her plate and even more so when he came back with more food. Saying she didn't have to worry about how much she ate, she tried not to drool when she heard this. Instead she nodded and simply started eatting glad to have more.

MidKnight
09-07-2014, 03:23 AM
Mahiro got up and went to one of the wagons, which had his supplies of certain things, he pulled out a couple of blankets and pillows, and walked back to the woman, he noticed she pulled her hood back a little. He placed the blankets next to her, "It'll be cold, but the fire will still be burning." He looked at the huge fire pit. Some of the soldiers placed more wood on the pit, making it last longer. Eating more of his food, he watched the fire. Then a couple of soldiers walked up to Mahiro. "So, who wants first watch?" One of the soldiers cracked his neck as if he was too tired. "I don't know...Mahiro?" They all looked at him. Feeling a bit surprised, he looked up and nodded his head, "Alright fine, I'll take first watch." He said.

Arcus
09-07-2014, 03:51 AM
Runtia ate her food and watched the soldiers choose who would take first watch. Laughing slightly when she saw that it would be Mahiro, who was watching. She realized she had inadvertently pulled back her hood a little and pulled it back down, not comfortable showing her face yet. Though she did say, "if you would like I can stay up with you. If you would like"

MidKnight
09-07-2014, 03:59 AM
Mahiro looked over to Runtia after the soldiers have already decided who takes the second watch, the other soldier pouted a bit. "It's a half shift." He said looking up in the sky, "Half of the night." Then sighs, "The people here will be asleep, but if you need rest, I'll lend you my blankets." Making a bed for her, he placed his own blanket on top as well. "I don't mind the company, it's better then being alone to be honest."

Arcus
09-07-2014, 04:08 AM
Runtia nodded after hearing what he said and continued to eat. She didn't speak again until she had once again cleaned her plate, feeling more then a little full. "So you say this journey is hard, but what all happens during it?" She asked curiously.

MidKnight
09-07-2014, 04:18 AM
Mahiro finished eating his food and sets the plate down, "I remember on my last caravan trip, we were attacked by at least six wild lions." He sighs, as he embraced the broad sword, "We managed to kill three of them, but we lost so many people." He looked around got up and stretched, "It was the horrible moment of my life, so much blood."

Arcus
09-07-2014, 05:08 AM
Runtia looked at Mahiro, regretting having said anything. But simply added, "I'm sorry. I bet they were close to you, I know what if is like to lose someone that is like a brother." She still felt the pain of his passing, knowing it had been her fault. It was one of the few things of the past she forced herself to remember. Also one of the more painful.

MidKnight
09-07-2014, 05:10 AM
Mahiro taps his sword, he checks it and noticed it was a little dull. "Wanna know what I think?" He asked, "We should honor the dead by living every day." He puts the sword back in its sheath, "But if you want to stay up with me, you can." He looked around again, "This part of the woods is safe, there's nothing much going on."

Arcus
09-07-2014, 05:20 AM
Runtia nodded, "I'm staying up." She said before falling quiet, up until now she had simply been surviving. Now maybe she could start living, but for some reason wasn't sure if that would be honoring him. She felt like it would almost be making fun of him. Getting to live a life he would never be able to.

MidKnight
09-07-2014, 05:23 AM
Mahiro showed Runtia where he would be looking out from, it was on top of one of the wagons and there were a couple of boxes as well. He sat on one and found a lantern. One of the soldiers came by the wagon and hands him a torch, "Keep watch." The soldier said, "Stay safe." Mahiro replied back as he lit the lantern with the torch.

Arcus
09-07-2014, 11:06 AM
Runtia went with Mahiro, she stayed silent as they went. She found the whole thing interesting but didn't really have much else to say. She knew that she wasn't the best of company, but she was still there.

MidKnight
09-07-2014, 11:12 AM
Mahiro looked around and watched the fire pit crack and crackle as the twigs burned. "First watch is the hardest." Mahiro said, "Second watch is the easiest." He smiled and looked around. "So...you lost a brother?" He asked Runtia.

Arcus
09-07-2014, 01:12 PM
Runtia flinched when he mentioned the one she lost. Her eyes fell, as she muttered. "Well he wasn't really my brother, but I cared for deeply as if he had been my younger brother... I only wish I could have protected him." She could feel tears forming in her eyes. It was not an easy subject for her and one usually only mentioned to make her angry. This time though she knew that was not the case and that Mahiro was only curious.

MidKnight
09-07-2014, 01:29 PM
Mahiro unwrapped the scarf around his neck and gives it to her. Feeling the attention of she lost someone dear to her. Pulling on his head banned, Mahiro watches the fire burn still, he took a blanket and wraps it around Runtia, "Its going to be cold later." He smiled

Arcus
09-07-2014, 03:23 PM
Runtia was shocked when he gave her, his scarf. But even so accepted it, she didn't wrap it around her neck. She only clutched it close, closing her eyes and tried not to cry. Then got another shock when he wrapped a blanket around her, she nodded and said. "Aren't you going to wrap yourself as well?" She wasn't used to people being nice to her without an alternative motive, but hoped that was the case here.

MidKnight
09-08-2014, 05:07 AM
Looking around the area, he looked at the lantern. "I'm use to the cold weather, and besides." He smiled, "We still got that big fire burning." He gives a small laugh, "I can feel the warmth from here."

Arcus
09-08-2014, 12:14 PM
Runtia blinked, Still clutching the scarf. "Then why are you so concerned about me being warm?" She asked trying to make since of this guys' actions. Not sure she could, but it was worth a shot wasn't it?

MidKnight
09-09-2014, 02:00 AM
"Its for your neck, sometimes it'll get too cold out here." He said while looking up at the moon, "Beautiful." He smiled.

Arcus
09-09-2014, 02:07 AM
Runtia was about to ask, if it was going to get cold then why didn't he keep the scarf? When he said beautiful and looked to the moon, she looked up as well. Her hood falling back, though she didn't quite realize it yet. "isn't it just the moon?" She said curiously, her face revealed with a few faded scars on it. Looking at the moon curiously as if she didn't really understand what was so special about it.

MidKnight
09-09-2014, 02:34 AM
"The moon is always beautiful, no matter how you see it." He looks down at the lantern and placed it between them, he looked over to her and realized her hood was down and seen the faded scars. "What happened?" He asked, wondering about the scars.

Arcus
09-09-2014, 02:51 AM
Runtias' eyes were still toward the moon, her mouth opening to say that she thought that the scene by the fire earlier with everyone was more beautiful then that. When she heard him ask what happened, she looked to him. Confusion reflecting in her eyes, "what do you mean?" She asked not really understanding he was talking about, then something felt off. She reached up to touch her hood, only to realize it had fallen down. Runtia scrambled to pull her hood back up, blushing underneath it as she realized that he must have been talking about her scars. So she mummbled, "don't worry about. It isn't anything to worry about."

MidKnight
09-09-2014, 10:25 PM
Mahiro walked over and kneeled in front of Runtia and takes the scarf from her hand and wraps it around her neck and sure it was comfy too. Then held her hand and gives it a soft squeeze. He smiled and returned back to his seat. He yawned and leans forward and plays with a string he had in his pocket.

Arcus
09-09-2014, 10:45 PM
Runtia Stiffened slightly when he took the scarf from her hands, then blushed when he wrapped it around her neck and squeezed her hand slightly. She looked down on the roof, smiling "thank you for being so nice." Then after a moment of silence, she asked. "Do you have a family?" Messing with the end of the scarf, it was nice to not be forced to do things for a change.

MidKnight
09-11-2014, 08:15 PM
"Four sisters and a couple of brothers, father died, but mother is still keeping care on us." He looked at the big fire pit and noticed the warmth was slowly going away. "What about you?" He looked at her. "Any family?"

Arcus
09-11-2014, 11:06 PM
Runtia gulped, going silent for a moment. Not because it hurt or she wished that she knew her parents or even because she was sad to always be alone. Instead her silence came from the fear of the questions or suspensions that her answer might raise. So looked away while having a mental debate, which ended with her sighing. Still not looking at Mahiro as she spoke, "none that I can remembering. The closest one that I had was the one who is dead. Might have parents I don't know, if I do I don't know them."

She decided to tell him due to two things; first so far he seemed nice. Also he hated slavers like she did, he could be actting but even if he was. Her silence could possibly lead to more questions, which is the second reasons. Having to deal with possible suspension and questions either way. So if she was at least honest then hopefully gain his trust, so when she did have to lie it was hopefully be easier for him to fall for it.

MidKnight
09-11-2014, 11:31 PM
Mahiro looked at her closely, it looked like she had a hard time to express of what she wanted to say or express her feelings about it. Mahiro gives a small sigh and looked at her with a smile, "It's okay." He said, "You can always trust me." He looked at her with gentle eyes. "Closest friend huh?" He asked, "Can you tell me about him? If you can remember?"

Arcus
09-12-2014, 12:32 AM
Runtia looked at Mahiro, knowing if she talked about him. She would have to sift everything through a filter. Even so she probably had to tell him. She didn't say anything about his trust comment, trust was something she grew up learning it was a bad thing. The only things you could trust was yourself and that whoever controlled you wouldn't hesitate to punish you if you disobey. These rules had been beaten into her many times.

She looked down to the roof the they were sitting, "I remember him." She muttered, it was one of the few things she actually thought about when it came to the past, "he was just a scared little boy when I met him. I comforted him and helped him out however I could, so we became close and cared for each other." She muttered, it was more then a little sore spot for her. So talking about it made her tear up.

MidKnight
09-12-2014, 12:39 AM
"Sounds like you two were...very close." He said, as soon she started to show tears, he took the scarf she had on and wiped her tears away for her. "I can understand of losing someone close to you." He leans back after wiping her tears away, and looks up to the stars. "Want to know how I lost my father?" He asked, then looked to the lantern. "It was a dispute between slavers and the villagers." Then sighs, "It was about two years ago when it happened, we got tired of them taking some of our people, buying us off, like cattle." He grabbed his sword, "One day, my father stepped up to them and told them no more." He touched the hilt, "Then they killed him and then both sides were killing off each other." He placed the sword down and looked at it. "So the village people is a free zone for all slaves." He looked at her, "But I guess the slavers still rule, and we still fight them off." He smiled. "Good."

Arcus
09-12-2014, 12:53 AM
Runtia flinched back slightly when he came forward when he wiped her tears away, she relaxed. Before listening to his story, she couldn't help but smile slightly. Which she hid, as she said softly. "Your father sounds like a brave man," glad to know that there were people fighting the slavers. But again again found herself feeling good since escaping. So said, "I know you will do him proud." Trying not to yawn as she could feel it starting to getting later into the night.

MidKnight
09-12-2014, 12:58 AM
"He was more than a brave man." He said, "He's a honorable man who cared about all humanity being equal." He sighs and looks around and noticed another guard was coming over. "Oy! Mahiro, getting tired yet?" The guard asked, "Hoped you caught some sleep." Mahiro replied back. The guard laugh, and nodded his head, "Of course I did." Mahiro looked at Runtia, "I guess it's time for us to get some rest." He said with a smile, then looked at the guard, "If I catch you drinking on your shift I'm going to throw you in the fire pit and put you out with cow piss!" He joked.

Arcus
09-12-2014, 01:08 AM
Runtia nodded to his comment on them getting some sleep, though she wasn't even sure what to think about the comment he made to the other guard bout drinking on the job. She jumped off of the roof and gave Mahiro his scarf back, "thanks it was warm." She said trying to show her gratefulness for it, before going into the most empty one. Wrapping the blanket he had given her around herself more tightly. Before going to sleep, as usual sleep never came easy. It was only ever really good sleep she ever got was when she had dreamless sleep and was surrounded by blackness.

MidKnight
09-12-2014, 01:27 AM
Mahiro placed the scar back on her neck and gives it a nice tug, "How about you keep it?" He said, as he laid down on a roll over outside of the wagon she was in. He looked up to the stars and wondered for a bit, then dozed of slowly. His eyes were drifting away and then soon, he found himself in the dream land. He looked around and realized he was sitting in the camp fire that he was protecting. After a while, he figured what he missed, and he didn't like being alone.

Arcus
09-12-2014, 01:38 AM
The next morning, Runtia jolted awake early the next morning. She looked around and saw that most were still asleep, but that she wasn't alone. She ground her teeth, she ran out of the caravan and jumping over Mahiro. Running a short away from the caravan, hiding behind a tree before covering her ears and shutting her eyes. As she sliding to the ground, Head between her knees. Where she just stayed for a while, breathing and trying to calm down. It took a while but once she did, she headed back to the caravan. Making sure her hood was where it should be over her head. Touching the scarf that Mahiro had given her, she didn't understand why he had done it. It had been nice, but they had only just met each other.

MidKnight
09-12-2014, 01:44 AM
Mahiro woked up slowly to the sound of someones feet going by him, he stood up and notcied Runtia was running away from the caravan. He looked around and seen that they were not under attack. He got up slowly and looked around even more, everyone was still sleeping and noticed the guard was asleep with a jug in his hand. He picked up a rock and throw it at the guard and it hit him right in the forehead. The guard fell backwards with his legs in the air. "Idiot." Mahiro said to himself. Then he seen Runtia walking back to the caravan, he walked towards her slowly. "Bad dream I take it?" He asked as he placed the sword on his shoulder.

Arcus
09-12-2014, 01:50 AM
Runtia looked looked at Mahiro, wondering if he had seen her run off or if he had only just gotten up. "Something like that," she muttered not really looking at Mahiro. Her eyes were on the ground, she felt like he would ask about it so. Before he got a chance to ask, she instead asked. "Where will we be passing through today?" Figuring that it would be something that he would know, she could hear the groaning of the guard that must off fallen off of the roof. But that didn't really matter to her.

MidKnight
09-12-2014, 01:55 AM
Mahiro looked at the guard on the roof and looked around, "As soon as we can get breakfast up and running, we'll be off soon." Then looked over his shoulder and recognized a couple of guys walking out from the woods, "And there is breakfast." He smiled as the guys brought in a large haul, "Although I would probably eat as much as you can." He said, "Once in a great while, we'll stop for lunch or eat it on the way."

Arcus
09-12-2014, 02:05 AM
Runtia nodded, it hadn't been what she asked for but she was always glad for some food. The thing that she would never turn down was food, "I will keep that in mind. Thank you," then headed to where the fire had been last night wondering if and where the slavers would still be looking for her. Hoping she would never see them, she glanced over at Mahiro wondering what he would do now. Would he help the guard that fell down? Would he help prepare the meal? Would he follow her? Or would he inspect the rest of the caravan?

MidKnight
09-12-2014, 02:18 AM
Mahiro walked to each wagon and tapped on each one, "Hey time to get up now." He called out as he walked by. Then that's when he heard it, hooves. He looked over one of the wagons and spotted a couple of riders coming their way. Mahiro walked over and found Runtia, quickly grabbed her hand and went to a wagon, "Quick get in." He said, "I don't know who they are, bandits, thieves." He assumed as he watched at least three riders approached the caravan. Mahiro grabs a blanket and gives it to her, "Here, get beside the potato sack and cover up, I'll come get you if it's okay to come out." Mahiro placed his hand on his sword and walked over to the riders. Several of the other guards came up next to Mahiro. The riders slow down and approached to him as well, the leader wore a mask around his face, "A woman has ran away from her home, we want her back." Mahiro raised up his arms, "There are plenty of women here, but none you can't have." He said back, "The woman would have a scar on her face...the mark of a slave." The voice was deep sound, but Mahiro can't see what he looked like, "There are no slave women here." He said again, "We suspect she would be here." He looked over his shoulder, one of the riders jumped off his horse.

The guard quickly blocked his path, "You suspect wrong." Mahiro called back, "Now...slavers may rule certain areas, but they have no rule over caravans." Mahiro drew his sword, "Now, I suggest you go back to your...home and never come back here." The others quickly drew their swords as well. "You dare?" The masked voice looked at Mahiro, "Yes I dare." Mahiro said. The masked voice looked over his surrounding and realized he was out numbered. He pulled the reins of the horse and looked Mahiro, "We'll come back." He said, he kicked the horse and took off, with the two behind him. Mahiro sighs as he watched them. "Scar woman?" One guard asked, "Don't worry about it, remember!" He looked at the others, "We are a free caravan, anyone is welcome to join and as long they are with us, they are free."

Arcus
09-12-2014, 02:36 AM
Runtia stiffened when Mahiro grabbed her hand, she was being pulled off. She listened to what his said, she wondered what was going on. Then heard the hooves and quickly did as he said, it was her only chance at the moment. Even being hidden, she could still hear everything that had been said and sneered. Funny how they told people not involved that her scars were proof of her slave-hood, when the real one had been burned on her back so long ago. Then again, simple scars are easier for a public to accept than the truth. What she couldn't believe, even if it made her happy. Was that Mahiro was defending her, not only that be he had hidden her. Had he known she was a slave? If so for how long?

Even after the hooves disappeared, she remained where she was. Remembering Mahiros' words and since she didn't have anything else to go off of, so as much as it hurt to think about. She had to trust him, even if only for now. At least she knew what she would ask him.

MidKnight
09-12-2014, 02:52 AM
Mahiro walked over to the wagon he placed Runtia on, he looked inside and looked at the potato sacks, "Runtia?" He called out, "Who ever they are, they're gone now." He said, and gives a sigh of relief.

Arcus
09-12-2014, 03:09 AM
Runtia popped her head out and looked at Mahiro, "why did you help me?" She asked not caring that her hood fell off as she was trying to get out. She figured that he must have figured out that she had been a slave or else why would he have made her hide. She was glad that he had but knew he would be better for himself to just give her up, plus it would be easier for herself. Since if he gave her up, it would give her a reason to not trust him. Which she needed after him being so nice so far. Bringing herself to trust someone again was just something that she simply couldn't do, it hurt too much.

MidKnight
09-12-2014, 03:18 AM
"I hid you out of fear..." He said, giving a small blush as he tried to explain when he saw how it looked when she popped out of the potato sack area. Mahiro gives a small laugh, and points to her hair, "Your hair is all over." He smiled, and takes a step back, Mahiro started to like this girl, but knowing her small past, he didn't care if she was a slave or not, nor couldn't tell if she was. He felt like protecting her from everything that would harm her. But he knows he still got a duty to tend to.

Arcus
09-12-2014, 03:29 AM
Runtia blinked it was, "it is?" He said curiously and started attempting to sooth her head. Before she said, "why would you be afraid? Not like you have anything to lose from this," her voice showing nothing but curiosity as she messed with her hair trying to get back to normal. This man seemed to be too kind for his own good, she found it refreshing but also worried what would happen when his friends weren't around and he kept his same attitude. Knowing it would get him in more then a little trouble.

MidKnight
09-12-2014, 03:35 AM
"I'd lose my dignity of the idea of freedom." He said, as he looked around and noticed the guards went back to their duties, the cooks started cooking up breakfast and set up the tables, some of them yawned, still tired. He also noticed the scarf on her neck was loose, he tighten it up a little, making sure it stays on. Then looks at the scar on her face, and gives a small sigh, "Besides, my buddies are also with the idea of freedom, and we'll fight to defend it." He gives her face a small rub, and then steps back. "I know your new to this, but don't forget, we're here to protect everyone...including you."

Arcus
09-12-2014, 03:46 AM
Runtia stiffened when Mahiro started to fix the scarf, she also blushed slightly. Which wasn't helped by the fact that he rubbed her cheek, normally having someone touch her face made her recoil. Often resulting in lash coming her way, but this time for some reason it didn't bother her as much. She watched step back, "thank you." She said, wondering if it would be safe to tell him. After a quick mental debate though, ended with her not yet willing to talk about it. She looked up at him, she slowly stood up. "I will keep that in mind and thanks for including me in the happiness here." She said showing a small smile.

MidKnight
09-12-2014, 03:51 AM
"Just...wonder too far off...okay?" He gives a wink and looked at the other guards, "You hungry?" He asked as he walked over to the table where the food was prepared and set, some of the cooks looked at Mahiro, "Hey! Mahiro! You and your friend, come eat!" They said as he walked over, "Whats for breakfast?" He asked as he looked at the food, "We'll we managed to find eggs, rare in these parts, found wild boars, so good ol' pork." He smiled, and then there were more potatos, cooked by the looks of it, and more vegetables. He picks up a plate for himself and another for Runtia, he gives the plate to her.

Arcus
09-12-2014, 04:07 AM
Runtia pulled her hood up again, smiling still and nodded. Before following him out, listening at how they openly spoke to him. She felt a bit envious, but when he handed her a plate. She smiled and thanked him, following him to the food. Wanting desperately to trust him but afraid what might come with it if she did. When they got to the food, she tried to take a step apart from him. So that maybe she could get her emotions in check as she grabbed some stuff to eat. Once her plate was full, she headed for a table.

MidKnight
09-12-2014, 04:24 AM
Mahiro sat down at a table and starts eating the food pretty quick. As though he was starved. He looked at Runtia and had some food on his face. "Oh sorry about that, sometimes I sleep too long and then I get too hungry." He explained with a smile.

Arcus
09-12-2014, 04:30 AM
Runtia couldn't hold back a giggle, which shocked her. When was the last time she had done that? She couldn't remember, but tried to not think too deeply on it. She grabbed a napkin, and cleaned up the food from Mahiros' face. "Thats fine, everyone gets hungry." She said before starting to eat as well. The food was very good, it was no wonder that Mahiro was eatting it the way that she had been.

MidKnight
09-12-2014, 04:51 AM
Mahiro remembered the last time somebody wiped food from his face before. It was one sisters before he joined the Militia. It made him smiled and started to eat slowly. Hearing Runtia giggle for the first also made him happy. He pulled his bandanna again, making a soft tug around his forehead.

Arcus
09-12-2014, 05:01 AM
It wasn't long before her food was gone, she licked her lips. "The cooks sure know how to cook don't they?" She said tempted to see if there was any more left over. She saw his headband and was wondering why he wore it, she wore her hood to hide herself from others. But what purpose did the headband have though?

MidKnight
09-12-2014, 05:24 AM
Giving the head band another tug, one of the cooks came by, "Hey we still got plenty of leftovers, go ahead and help yourself to more." Then the cook walked away informing the others. "They do what they can and what they have." Mahiro smiled, "Besides, it all depends on the hunters of what they bring back." He gives another tug of the head band and grabbed Runtias plate and his own. "I'll be back." He said. Getting more food.

Arcus
09-12-2014, 11:35 AM
Runtia was glad to hear they had leftovers, as well as nodded to what Mahiro said as well. She was about to get up when Mahiro grabbed her plate and walked away. She watched him go, her eyes trailing to the headband. Wondering if he was hiding something too. Before looking back to the table they were sitting at. Running her hand along the worn wood.

MidKnight
09-12-2014, 09:21 PM
Mahiro got seconds for both plates and looked at the cooks, "I don't know how you guys do it, but good job." He said, giving them a thumbs up. He grabs the plates and walked away and headed towards Runtia, giving her plate and sat down again, looking at the food. He gives it a soft blow before eating the pork, and then mixed it with the eggs. "Like it so far?" He asked about the food.

Arcus
09-12-2014, 11:26 PM
Runtia nodded, "some of the best food I've ever had." She said honestly, eatting from time to time glancing at Mahiro. Almost as if she expected to take the food from her and tell her that she couldn't have anymore. Licking her lips to get some of the tasty grease from the pork off, before continuing enjoying her meal. Hoping she wouldn't be forced to give this up anytime soon.

MidKnight
09-12-2014, 11:54 PM
Mahiro finished his plate in a matter of seconds, then looked around. He noticed some of the people were setting up their things and placing them on the caravans. One of the guards approached Mahiro. "Hey, I need a couple of guys to scout ahead, think you can do it?" Mahiro, looked at the guard, then back to Runtia, and shakes his head, "Sorry, no can do." He smiled, the guard looked at him and at the girl, then gives a look of 'Ooooh' and walks away. "Ugh, I hate going on scouting patrols, nothing interesting to find really." Mahiro laughs and snugged his head band once more.

Arcus
09-13-2014, 12:21 AM
Runtia ignored the second guard, as she continued to eat. Finishing off her plate, before hearing what he said about scout duty. "You say that as life it is a bad thing, if you ask me no fighting is a good thing." She responded, tugging her hood down before looking back to Mahiro. Noticing he did something similar with his headband, "Why do you keep doing that?" She asked curiously, wondering what was wrong with the head band that he had to keep pulling it down or if it had some special meaning.

MidKnight
09-13-2014, 12:27 AM
Mahiro tugged his head band again and gives it a soft rub, "Sometimes it is, but fighting and surviving aren't the same thing, fighting is like trying to keep yourself alive through odds of a fight, survival is you have to depend on yourself." He smiled as he tugged the head band once more, "Oh this?" He asked and pulled it off of his head, and showed it to her, the head band was a red dark color with a few black stripes, "It was my fathers, I'm just making sure it stays on and never gets off of my head." He gives a small laugh, although his hair hides the scar that was close to his forehead.

Arcus
09-13-2014, 12:47 AM
Runtia heard what he said about surviving vs. fighting, mentally she said sometimes they the same thing. Then she listened as Mahiro explained the head band, she smiled slightly and said. "I guess then he isn't completely gone then is he?" Thinking that must be why he kept the headband, a little jealous that he knew his family and had people like the ones from this caravan who cared deeply for him. Even so she didn't trust herself in just who she could trust, as much as her heart was attempting to resist. She was starting to trust Mahiro little by little.

MidKnight
09-13-2014, 12:59 AM
"He always said I have to use my head to think real fast." He placed the head band back around his head, giving a soft tug to make sure it was tight, but not too tight. "I wished he was here." He sighs and looks up to the sky, the sky glowed with a blue blue color and clouds formed up into shapes. He smiled and looked at Runtia, "Well, whenever your ready, I can take you to a wagon and make sure your all nice and comfy there." He said, giving a soft smile.

Arcus
09-13-2014, 01:22 AM
Runtia smiled, "ok thanks lets thank the cooks. Then head to a caravan," having said that she got up with her plate and went to thank the cooks for the good food. Knowing that Mahiro would be right behind, her once she was done with her plate and thanking the cooks. She turned to Mahiro, to see what he had in mind for the wagon they will be in.

MidKnight
09-13-2014, 01:47 AM
Mahiro followed Runtia and he gives them a bow and looked at the cooks, "Again great stuff." He said giving another thumbs up. He wondered off to the first wagon, usually the first wagon would be for the guards since they think they're in charge, when they know who really is in charge. He checked it first, then went to the second wagon, there was still plenty of room, he picked up his bag filled with clothes and other small tinkers, he picks up a pair of clothes and gives it to Runita, "Here, a little change wouldn't hurt." He said, and pointed towards a certain, "The women here already declared that spot to be the changing area." He scratches the back of his head, "You can change over there."

Arcus
09-13-2014, 02:12 AM
Runtia followed Mahiro, watching as he went between the caravans. When he put his stuff in it, she started to get in before being handed some clothes. "..." She didn't really understand why he did it, so simply nodded and walked off. Towards it, the more she got to know him. The less she felt that she understood him. Sadly that might be part of the reason she liked him, when she got to what she was informed was the changing area. There were a few women there, so she held the clothes and waited. Until one of the women said, "you can go ahead and change if you want. The guys know better then come and peek."

Runtia blinked, "I think I'll wait." She said in an almost unfeeling tone, which caused them to look between each other unsurely before taking a few steps back. She didn't question it nor was she confused, the day before she had been scared. Today she was calmer to no emotion would so and that scared a number of people. Once they were gone, she changed. Her body covered in scars of different lengths and severity, they were all of different ages. Some so old that they were faded and so much that they were almost unnoticeable. Others Clear and popping out like it would never fade. While the majority of her back was black from a giant brand mark; a circle with filled in wings, a small A between them. While inside the circle had different lines and symbols in it.

Once she had changed her clothes and had her cloak back on. She pulled her hood up and walked back to Mahiro, not really questioning anything that was going. She wasn't even sure that she could figure it out, this world was different from the one that she was used to.

MidKnight
09-13-2014, 04:35 AM
Mahiro made sure the wagon he was on, had room and more space for Runtia. Digging some old stuff out of the boxes that holds things, he examined each one, and found a old sheath with a blade. The blade itself was pure steel, no rust or scratches. He looked at again, and it had an old language, he could barely read. When he noticed Runtia returning to the wagon, he presented the blade to her. Handing her the little dagger, "I found this in the wagon, I guess the last rider just left it here." He said, "It has some old language I don't understand it though." He helped pulling the blade apart from the sheath. The dagger itself reflected when it opened.

Arcus
09-13-2014, 05:00 PM
Runtia blinked, "it is a good blade." She said not really getting that he was giving it to her, "so then you are going to keep it?" She added wondering if he liked bladed weapons, since he already had a sword. Though she understood the difference of having a long blade and having a short one. She looked around at all of the boxes, "is this a storage caravan or something?" She asked curious about the number of boxes.

MidKnight
09-13-2014, 09:53 PM
"We tried to use it for storage, but it has smaller compartments then our larger ones do." He sighs and opens one, "See?" He placed his bag inside and it fit perfectly. "See?" He said, "You can keep the blade, gotta be protected at all times." He said with a smile.

Arcus
09-13-2014, 10:00 PM
Runtia blinked and nodded, before taking the dagger. She putting on her waist, so she could easily reach it if she needed to. Before sitting down, "well having a place to put everything is always good." She said assuming that soon they would be moving, wondering slightly what all of the boxes contained. But wouldn't look through them despite her curiosity.

MidKnight
09-14-2014, 01:28 AM
Mahiro looked in each one to satisfy his curiosity. Some had old clothes and rags, other were old things of the past. He looked at some of the old trinkets, he played with it at first, but getting a bit bored and hands the piece to Runtia, it looked like a game of where you can get the small ball into a hole and do it again on the other side. "Must have had kids' in this wagon." He said with a smile, he clears his throat and goes through the box again.

Arcus
09-14-2014, 01:39 AM
Runtia watched Mahiro go through the boxes, tempted to join but instead looked down. Until Mahiro handed her the toy, she stared at it and listened to what he had to say. She started trying to play wit hit too, though she didn't seem very good at it. She kept trying over and over again, looking kinda like a child herself as she tried to get the ball in the hole. Only slightly annoyed that it wasn't going in, focusing almost completely on the toy and trying to figure out why the ball won't do what she want and go into the hole?

MidKnight
09-14-2014, 02:01 AM
Mahiro watched her as she looked annoyed as well with the toy. He kept digging around for more things, until he found another toy, it looked like a ball with a string attached, and a small cup. Wondering what it was, he messed with the ball for a bit, swinging it around in circles. "Huh." He said to himself.

Arcus
09-14-2014, 02:06 AM
Runtia looked up at his huh, she blinked of at him and the new toys. "Is that another toy? There sure are a lot of different toys' isn't there?" She asked curiously wondering who exactly would think up toys for kids and how they managed to makes so many different kinds. She put the toy down on the floor, before pulling out the dagger that Mahiro had given her. Simply looking at it for a moment, before putting it up. Then simply looked up and planned on watching whatever Mahiro would do now.

MidKnight
09-14-2014, 02:15 AM
Digging more around the containers, he found a necklace, made from the rare ore on the land. Ebony. He picked it up and examined it, the pendent was in a odd shape, though it looked like a star with the Suns' ray designs. He gives it to Runtia, "Necklace for you?" He asked himself that when he gave it to Runtia, not too sure of what say about it.

Arcus
09-14-2014, 02:37 AM
Runtia was shocked by the necklace, thinking it was kinda pretty. Then when he handed it to her, she was frozen by shock. Before blushing and pulling her hood farther down, "but it is too pretty for someone like me." She mummbled, thinking that surely the necklace would be better suited for someone better looking then her. Someone with less scares.... Someone who could give and tell him everything, this guy had treated her better then any she had ever met. While asking for next to nothing in return, prehaps she should stop bothering him. So he could find someone that actually deserved him? Someone who could truly trust him?

MidKnight
09-14-2014, 02:47 AM
Mahiro looked around more for a bit after giving the necklace to Runtia, "I would rather I have it on someone who looks pretty, than with a stranger." He said, as he kept looking around in the box. Then heard footsteps coming to the wagon, it was one of the other guards, "Hey Mahiro, you got claims on this wagon?" The guard asked, "Yeah, but if anyone else needs to bunk, we got room...sort of." He looked around at some of the compartments.

Arcus
09-14-2014, 03:02 AM
Runtia continued to blush feeling like she needed to find a way for her hood to hide her even more. She opened her mouth to say something, when another guard came in. After waiting to see if he would get in, she said in a soft voice. "This should go to someone who is both pretty and special, I am neither." Attempting to hand it back to Runtia mentally hoping he would find someone with as kind of a heart as it seemed he had.

MidKnight
09-14-2014, 03:06 AM
"You are pretty and special." Mahiro blurted out, then he stopped and realized what he said, his face turned red, but kept looking straight and hid his face from embarrassment. "I mean uh...." He scratched the back of his head and looked around quickly and found something else, it was a book and it was old. "Here." He said, showing her the book, hoping to avoid the subject, then he pushed her hands to herself, "Please...keep the necklace...think of it as a gift." He smiled again, still with a embarrassed look.

Arcus
09-14-2014, 03:19 AM
Runtia jumped at his suddenness of what he said, while her heart twisted at his words. She felt like crying, hadn't she been threw enough pain? Why was has someone like him put before him? Did the world hate her? She had already accepted that she couldn't hate him, but his words sunk deep in her heart. She closed her eyes tight and felt like crying, wishing that he would be cruel so that she could simply hate him. Everything would be so much easier if that could happen, for now though. She curled up and holding the book and necklace. Her head being set against it as she tried not to cry. She couldn't like someone, she just couldn't! Nothing good every came from it and it only ever brought pain for her.

MidKnight
09-14-2014, 04:54 AM
Mahiro saw her shivered and held the book and necklace close to her chest. He smiled and looked at her, he leans forward, putting his arms around her and gives her a hug. "Everything will be alright." He said with a smile and closed his eyes as he hugged her.

Arcus
09-14-2014, 05:11 PM
It only got worse as Mahiro wrapped wrapped her in a hug, she felt tears force their way out her closed eyes. Her heart hurt, knowing she couldn't like this guy because she would somehow lose him but it was wanting to trust him... Wanting to care for him. "Why?" Her voice was quivering, "why can't you just be cruel? Why do you have to be so kind?" Crying her didn't want to be hurt anymore. So why was it so hard to not trust this man?

MidKnight
09-15-2014, 09:19 PM
"Being kind needs to be placed in this word, we already have to much cruelty." He said as he used the scar around her neck and wiped away her tears. He smiled and looked at her, he could see the scar on her face, the one that came earlier who had mentioned about it. He didn't care if she was a slave or not, he knows she wanted to escape and find a better life and away from the pain. "You can trust me." He said as he held her hand.

Arcus
09-16-2014, 03:43 AM
Runtia didn't move when he wiped her tears with his scarf. It still hurt how kind he was, she still didn't want to trust him... To like him, but when he said that she could trust him. She couldn't find anyway to argue, instead she simply sat there holding the mans' hand. As she cried, cried the tears she could never afford to cry before. Part of her hated herself for not being stronger, but the other part didn't care as she slightly squeezed the mans' hand. No noticing even the caravan started moving or the book and necklace fall to the ground.

MidKnight
09-16-2014, 05:42 AM
Mahiro felt the squeeze on his hand, it felt like he was making progress with her. She still reminded him of his sister when she cried too, and he was there to help her. He felt the wagon started to move, he saw the necklace and the book fell, he quickly grabbed them before the fell out of the wagon. He placed the book in a safer spot. He looked at the necklace and rubbed the pendant with a cloth. He looked at Runtia and placed the necklace around her neck, he also pulled the scarf down, concealing half of the pendant. "There." He said, "Now...if you need rest, I can make you a bed." He smiled.

Arcus
09-16-2014, 02:45 PM
Runtia couldn't help but blush slightly, she wasn't exactly used to this kind of treatment. After a while her tears finnaly slowed and she whispered, "thank you. I am fine though," not really wanting to move from where she was. As she sat there, she felt her hood fall off her head. This time she didn't move to fix it, since Mahiro had already seen her without her hood and just hoped he wouldn't ask any questions. Forgetting that she was still holding his hand.

MidKnight
09-18-2014, 09:34 PM
Mahiro sat there, holding her hand and looking back at her, then he placed the hood back on her head, wondering if she needed it. "Are you hungry?" He asked with a gentle look on his face, including a smile. "Because I still got something from this morning."

Arcus
09-18-2014, 10:10 PM
Runtia finnaly realized that she was still holding his hand and let go, still blushing slightly and said. "No I am fine, I am already getting alot of food from you guys. Thank you though, I greatly appreciate it. Why don't you go ahead and eat it?" Smiling slightly, just happy that she could be near someone so kind and even if she wasn't sure if she should be allowed to be happy or let her guard down. She looked over to the book and picked it up, wondering what it was.

MidKnight
09-18-2014, 10:53 PM
Mahiro placed the extra rations in one of the small compartments and closed the lid, he gives a small sigh and looks at Runtia, "I'll be back, I have to check on some of the people here." He said as he crawled off the wagon and jumped out. He looked at the remaining wagons that followed along, and saw one of the guards, "Any changes?" Mahiro asked, the guard shook his head, "No, our scouts are far ahead, so if any trouble comes up, we don't have to worry." Mahiro gives a relief sigh, "That's good."

Arcus
09-18-2014, 11:34 PM
Runtia watched Mahiro and nodded, looking down at the book once he was gone. Deciding to read it, it turned out to be a diary. So she was glad to see how this person had lived, wondering if she would get any happiness that this person had. Perhaps she could imagine if only for a little while, that she was this person who wrote in the dairy. Instead of who she really was, just for a little while.

MidKnight
09-26-2014, 11:50 PM
Mahiro returns to the wagon and gives a small sigh. He looks at Runtia, and noticed her reading the book. "So what's the book about?" He asked, a little curious of what she was reading.

Arcus
09-26-2014, 11:56 PM
Runtia jumped when she heard a voice and looked up to Mahiro, "it is a dairy. This man lived a good life," she said looking down at it. Knowing alot of people wouldn't have thought that he had, since he dealt with alot of pain and hardships. But everything he dealt with he did with people who were important to him, always having someone by his should to lean on and be leaned on. So she thought it was a very good life.

MidKnight
09-27-2014, 12:03 AM
"A diary huh?" Mahiro looked at the book in her hand, "A man before us lived a good life?" He touches his chin, and looked around and dug into one of the boxes, and found something that could be useful. It was another book with empty pages, he looked around for a quill and ink, and found some. "Here, how about you write one as well?" He asked as he handed over the items. "So the people in the future know you lived a good life as well?"

Arcus
09-27-2014, 12:10 AM
Runtia looked at the stuff he was offering, before looking down pulling her hood farther down. Mummbling, "what if I haven't though?" She didn't want to think of other finding out how she had lived up til then and even after this, there was no solid truth that her life would turn out for the better.

MidKnight
09-27-2014, 12:17 AM
"You don't have to tell them everything....." He looks under her hood, "Tell them how you joined the caravan and what you thought of it." He smiles as he places the items in front of her.

Arcus
09-27-2014, 12:25 AM
Runtia blushed slightly, looking up at him. Before looking down at the stuff for a moment, then back at Mahiro and nodded. "O-ok," she said in almost a whisper.

MidKnight
09-27-2014, 12:38 AM
Mahiro sat on the edge and looked outside. "Half day already?" He says to himself as he stares up in the sky. "Getting hungry yet?" He turned and asked Runtia.

Arcus
09-27-2014, 12:42 AM
Runtia smiled "sure why not?" She said, letting herself to feel a little hope about happiness. "You said you grabbed something to snack on right? "

MidKnight
09-27-2014, 01:08 AM
Mahiro digged around in his bag and found some bread he had before. He gives a piece to Runtia and looked in the storage compartment, and found the rest of the amount of food from the morning. He gives her a plate filled with left overs.

Arcus
09-27-2014, 01:42 AM
Runtia blinked, "aren't you going to get any?"

MidKnight
09-27-2014, 02:02 AM
Mahiro shook his head a bit, "I have some..." He says as dug into his packet.

Arcus
09-27-2014, 02:13 AM
Runtia nodded and started to nibble on her food, more then grateful for it.

MidKnight
09-27-2014, 02:20 AM
Mahiro found the piece of bread in his bag and takes a bite out of it, munching quietly as he lays back. Looking up at the wagons' tent.

Arcus
09-27-2014, 02:28 AM
Runtia ate in silence, but when she finished. She thanked Mahiro for the food again.

MidKnight
09-27-2014, 03:28 AM
Mahiro nodded as he dozed off for a bit, taking a nap.

Arcus
09-27-2014, 03:34 AM
Runtia watched him sleep for a few moments, before grabbing the empty book and quill. Writing in it. Admitting to being a run away slave, who had come to the caravan in hopes of finding and better life. She wrote about what had already happened here so far. Wondering what else would happen.

MidKnight
09-27-2014, 11:53 PM
It felt like hours while they traveled, Mahiro slept good for a while until he awoke and looked around. His hair was fuzzy, it pointed in several different directions, and he still had this sleepy look on his face. He rubbed his eyes and yawns.

Arcus
09-28-2014, 12:11 AM
Runtia finished writing and put the book away. After that she eventually fell asleep as well, her hood had partially fallen away. Reveal part of her face as she slept, for the moment she was sleeping peacefully.

MidKnight
09-28-2014, 01:50 AM
He looked around and noticed Runtia was asleep, he heard one of the guards walked up to him, and called out his name. "How's the ride?" He asked, "It's going smooth." Mahiro answered.

Arcus
09-28-2014, 01:59 AM
Runtia woke up with a slight yawn. Wrapping her cloak around her like a blanket.

MidKnight
09-28-2014, 02:21 AM
"Yeah?" He asked and looked around, "It's better this way." The guard smiled and then stopped and looked in the woods, Mahiro looked over as well and got off the wagon and looked towards where he was looking. "What is it?" Mahiro asked, "Thought I saw...." Then a arrow went by both their heads and hit one of the caravans. "Bandits!" Mahiro yelled as he unsheated his sword and prepared himself.

Arcus
09-28-2014, 02:34 AM
At the sound of wood splintering, her eyes widened and reflexively grabbed the dagger that Mahiro had given her. Before she realized what she had done, she looked down at the blade and cursed. Muttering to herself, "this is one of the many reason why I didn't have any weapons on me." Before heading out to see what was going on, The dagger held firmly in her hand.

MidKnight
09-28-2014, 02:48 AM
Arrows flew through the air as Mahiro dodges the hits, several bandits came running out of the bushes and charged at the caravan. The guards arrived in time to keep them at bay while the Caravan flees. One bandit charged at Mahiro, swinging a large ax at him. He blocks the attack, but the ax was being pushed down on him, he pushes the sword aside, thus also moving the ax, Mahiro swings his blade and hits his target in the neck area. Causing him to bleed out, "Keep them off the wagons!" He yelled as he blocked another attack.

Arcus
09-28-2014, 03:16 AM
Runtia nodded and helped as well, a bandit with a sword attacked her. But she skillfully, beat him and didn't show any mercy at all. In fact her eyes had turned cold, once the bandit was dead. She picked up the bandits sword, and kept the others off. Soon she had more then a little blood on her, some of it hers and some wasn't. But no matter how many cuts she got, it didn't seem like she slowed down at all and her face was as stone cold as her eyes.

MidKnight
09-28-2014, 03:21 AM
Mahiro kicked a bandit down on the ground and struck him with his sword. He looked up and see the archer bandits running away, knowing they were beat. He looked around the guards were pushing what was left of the bandit forces. Then he heard a twig snapped and saw a bandit punched him in the face. "is this the one?" One bandit asked, and then another showed up, "I believe so, the guy in the weird mask paid us to bring this one." The bandit grabbed his arm, Mahiro jumped up and kicked him in the chest and attacked the other, "No way in hell you're taking me anywhere!" Mahiro screamed as he squeezed the bandits neck.

Arcus
09-28-2014, 03:36 AM
When the bandits started to retreat, Runtia stayed where she was and looked around. Spotting a couple bandits creep up on Mahiro, she felt her blood run cold and headed to them. Stabbing the first one through the chest with the sword, while the other she glared at and said in a low hard voice. "What do you want with him?"

MidKnight
09-28-2014, 03:40 AM
Mahiro glared at the bandits eyes, not releasing his grip as the bandit was being choked, "I....I don't know!!" He gasped, "He.....he said......he wanted him!" He padded on Mahiros hand, begging him to be released, Mahiro did not say one word.

Arcus
09-28-2014, 03:47 AM
Runtia stayed on the opposite side of the bandit as Mahiro, as she growlled threateningly. "Who? Who sent you thugs?" Her knuckles starting to turn white from how tightly she was clutching the weapons in her hands.

MidKnight
09-28-2014, 03:49 AM
"The.......guy in the mask." Mahiro eyes sharpened and forced his hand to squeeze tighter, breaking the bandits neck. Mahiro didn't release his neck, and was breathing slowly.

Arcus
09-28-2014, 03:59 AM
After it was clear she wouldn't get anymore answers, she looked around once again. Seeing that that all the danger had passed, she let the mask she always wore in a fight fall. She sighed and said, "let him go. There is no point in tormenting the dead." She knew she was covered in blood and was ready to face whatever reaction it would draw from Mahiro.

MidKnight
09-28-2014, 04:06 AM
Mahiro lets go slowly and with a steady breath, "What the hell?" He says quietly, still looking at the dead bandit, "Did they wanted me that?....and why?" He looked at Runtia who was covered in blood, he looks around ripped a clothing piece off and started wiping the blood off of Runtias' face.

Arcus
09-28-2014, 04:12 AM
Runtia closed her eyes as Mahiro started cleaning her face. "Maybe one of the slavers? They have been visiting you right? They don't really like the word no," saying the only thing that she could think of. Dropping the bandits' sword, she no longer needed it so saw no reason to keep it.

MidKnight
09-28-2014, 04:15 AM
"And they send bandits to do their bidding?" Mahiro sighs and closes his eyes, and looked around. He saw some of the guards checking the dead and their wounded. One of them spotted Mahiro, "Hey, we better get a move on before they come back." Mahiro nods, "First we better collect their weapons just in case." Mahiro looked Runtia, "Come on....." He reaches for her hand, "Let's get you cleaned up." Mahiro stands up, but stumbles, he looked down and noticed a arrow hit his leg, he didn't noticed it was there before. "Ow."

Arcus
09-28-2014, 04:32 AM
Runtia knelt next to Mahiro, "lets get you bandaged up first." She put the dagger away knowing she should clean it too. Then helped Mahiro up, before leading him over to the person who was treating the injured. Whispering, "as for hiring bandits. They don't care how it is done, so long as it is."

MidKnight
09-28-2014, 04:43 AM
"I'm more surprised about you..." He whispers to her, "Never thought....a slave would know how to fight." He looked at her, "Yeah I know...but your secret is safe with me." He smiled as he looked up and saw one of the guards came up to him, "You're hit?" He asked, Mahiro nodded, "Yeah." He looked down at his leg. The guard just pulled the arrow out, Mahiro groaned a bit, "That was actually painful then to be expected."

Arcus
09-28-2014, 05:03 AM
Runtia flinched when he said former slave, but sighed when he said that he would keep her secret. Muttering, "thanks" once he was treated and injury bound. She had started to get the blood off of herself and dagger, before looking to Mahiro. Wondering if she was actually willing to explain.

MidKnight
09-30-2014, 05:21 AM
The guard finished patching up Mahiros' wound and looked at Runtia, "You need anything?" He asked, Mahiro looked at the guard, "I'll take care of her, just look out for the others."

Arcus
09-30-2014, 01:01 PM
Runtia. Opened her mouth as if to say something, before closing it and nodding. After the guard moved on she loooked to Mahiro. "Thanks, " was all she said before taking her dagger out and wiping it clean.

MidKnight
10-03-2014, 03:57 AM
Mahiro sat on a stump and looked at his wound, he poked it once. "ouch!" he says quietly as he looked at it. "Not much of a entry point." He said.

Arcus
10-03-2014, 04:26 AM
Runtia, glanced at Mahiro sitting not far from him. Nodding once before continuing cleaning her dagger and its holder. Once it was done she continued with the rest of her body. Muttering, "I'm glad that you are ok." Not wanting to tell him why she was could fight, even if she knew he had already proved that he deserve the right to know.

MidKnight
10-03-2014, 04:29 AM
"I'm still curious of where you learned to fight like that." Mahiro smiled as he tightened the bandage on his leg, he gives a soft groan and a smile. "I'm happy, you're okay too Runtia." He looks around and found a clean rag and gives to Runtia, "Here." He says.

Arcus
10-03-2014, 04:38 AM
Runtia flinched when he brought up where she learned to fight, but offered him a small smile. When he held out the clean rag, she thanked him and continued to clean herself. Silent for a bit, before muttering "I'll explain once we are on the road and are alone again."

MidKnight
10-03-2014, 04:58 AM
"Well I'm glad you know how to fight." He said, as he looked at his wound, "Still I'm curious why they only wanted me?" He looked Runtia.

Arcus
10-03-2014, 01:18 PM
Runtia shrugged, "guess they saw you as the biggest threat. They already know my fighting ability, so even if I got attacked with outaany weapons. I would still fight them to my last breathe, what I want to know who gave them the orders. Even so knowing those twisted bastards, the bandits were probably just a distraction. So that they could get their real plan. I am betting they knew the bandits would fail in grabbing you, so instead was just using them to cause a little fear. To make us weaker and to slow us enough to get their real plan." She said with a sigh, she had a slight idea of who they were hoping to grab.

But was hoping she was wrong, because she didn't want everyone to die. She also didn't want to go back.

MidKnight
10-03-2014, 09:58 PM
Mahiro sighs and looks at Runtia, "They could try." He said with a smile and looked at the guards, who gathered up the weapons and any armor the bandits had. "These men.....the guards?" He looked back to Runtia, "They're not just any ordinary hired guards, or mercenaries....they use to be soldiers in the Kings' army." He gives a small smile, "My father inspired many to become protectors of the lonesome lands, so the ones who were in the army, became guards." He touched his sword and looked at it, "I should know, because I was trained to be one." He smiled again, "But no worries, we'll protect you and everyone in the caravan, no matter how many they send to lower our numbers."

Arcus
10-03-2014, 10:26 PM
Runtia felt her heart hurt at his words, "how do you think a soldier would stand up against a gladiator?" Was all she could get out, her eyes falling to the ground. 'no matter how many they send to lower our numbers,' if only he knew she thought. Knowing just who they would send one, the self-proclaimed champion. One of the only other black wings that were still alive.

MidKnight
10-03-2014, 10:45 PM
"Gladiators and soldiers were once the same before, but not anymore." Mahiro shook his head, "Gladiators fight for sport, but no honor, Soldiers fight for honor, bravery, and we protect, not kill." Mahiro placed his hand on her shoulder, "It's either fight, or die." Then he looked away and realized of what he said, it sounded selfish when he said that, he moves his hand away from her shoulder and looked at the ground. "At least....that's what my father said." He gives a small sigh.

Arcus
10-03-2014, 10:55 PM
Runtia listened quietly, her heart twisted slightly at his words. She didn't know what to do after hearing them and didn't lift her eyes off the ground. The only thing she did was say and finish cleaning the blood of of her, most of the just she had recieved had already stopped bleeding anyway. So once she was done, she got up and said. "Let head back to the caravan."

MidKnight
10-03-2014, 11:10 PM
Mahiro nodded and limped his way back to the caravan, one of the guards noticed him and walked towards him and helped him, "Oh come on!" The guard said, "It's just a tiny arrow." He joked, Mahiro looked at him, "Tiny stick, big needle." He said back.

Arcus
10-04-2014, 12:11 AM
After the teasing Runtia helped Mahiro back to the caravan, ignoring any of the teasing from the other guards. She didn't care what they thought, why should she. The only one she had dared to care even a little about, was the one she was helping.

MidKnight
10-04-2014, 12:44 AM
Mahiro gives a big sigh as he sat on one of the wagons and looked at his wound, "Well it ain't too serious, but I'll have to stay off of it for the next couple of hours." He smiled and looked at Runtia, then to the other guards who walked away. "Hey listen, thanks for helping us, although we could have taken them." He joked for a second and stopped, "But still, thank you."

Arcus
10-04-2014, 12:56 AM
Runtia shrugged, "glad I could help." She said simply, then climbed in the caravan as well. Knowing the cuts would sting for the next couple days. But she didn't mind, simply pulling her hood farther over her head. Wondering what he would ask or say next. Alittle worried as well, but she would take it no matter what it would be.

MidKnight
10-04-2014, 09:36 PM
He looked around as the wagon was moving again, and he looked at his wound, "Hey?" He looked at Runtia. "Let's go hunting." He smiled.

Arcus
10-04-2014, 09:45 PM
Runtia looked to Mahiro and blinked, "with your injury?" She asked wondering why he wanted to hunt, even though they had just started moving again. She wasn't necessarily against it, but still would he be able to do it?

MidKnight
10-04-2014, 09:50 PM
Mahiro tested his leg and looked at it, "I need to be occupied, and sitting around is not one of my favorite options." He smiled and laughs a little, getting off the caravan slowly and keeping up with the pace, he could feel a pinch in his leg, but shrugs it off.

Arcus
10-04-2014, 10:11 PM
Runtia shrugged, "just don't push yourself too far." She jumped off and followed him, "what do you want to hunt?" She asked, not really seeming to care what it would be.

MidKnight
10-04-2014, 10:16 PM
"I have a craving for some lizard." He smiled and looked around and wondered in the woods, he informed one of the guards he was going hunting, but told them not to wonder off to far. "By the way, the lizard I'm chasing is....not your tiny one."

Arcus
10-04-2014, 10:24 PM
Runtia blinked, "What other kind of lizard is there?" She asked in a confused voice, the only lizards had ever seen was small. Where there lizards she didn't know about? Wondering what they looked like.

MidKnight
10-04-2014, 10:26 PM
"The lizards in this area....are....big." Mahiro chuckled softly and a little bit nervous, "It's usually easy for me to hunt one, but with this wound....let's see what happens."

Arcus
10-04-2014, 10:32 PM
Runtia nodded and pulled out her dagger, "what does it look like? Is it violent? What does it taste like?" She asked extremely curious about the large lizard they would be fighting. As wondering where it would be.

MidKnight
10-04-2014, 10:41 PM
"The big lizards tend to fight back sometimes when provoked, but they taste like chicken." Mahiro smiled as he continued to wonder and look around, holding on to his sword. "They're....big, and...scaly."

Arcus
10-04-2014, 11:04 PM
Runtia gave him a seriously? Look, "big and scally... Helpful," she ended sarcastically. Though after find out they kinda taste like chicken, she was looking forward to trying one. So started to look for one.

MidKnight
10-04-2014, 11:12 PM
Mahiro stopped when he heard heavy breathing under some bushes, he slowly pulled his sword out of his sheath and lifted the leaves. He could see the snout and the nostrils as it was breathing. "Oh...." He says quietly, the lizard opens its eyes and stood up from where Mahiro was standing. The lizard was double his size and it's color was almost a yellow and green color.

Arcus
10-04-2014, 11:31 PM
Runtia looked at it gaping for a moment, before smiling. "Its' a good size," she said and instead of seeing the lizard she saw someone that she hated with a burning passion. She dove in its' attack range fearlessly, the edge of its' claws leaving its' marks her arms. Though she didn't even seem to flinch at the wounds, as she attempted to dig her dagger into the creatures' hide. Not sure how much protection the scales provided.

MidKnight
10-04-2014, 11:35 PM
"Uh...Runtia!" Mahiro looked at the lizard as it whipped its tail at her, "This is a baby!" He called out before the tail came after him, he dodged the attack.

Arcus
10-04-2014, 11:46 PM
Runtia barely stopped before her dagger made contact with its' chest. "What?" She said turning her head to look back, before she was swatted against a tree. There was a cracking noise and she fell limp.

MidKnight
10-04-2014, 11:51 PM
The mother was behind Runtia, lifting its' tail up, the mother was three times the baby size and looked down on both Mahiro and Runtia, "That's....the mother, figured she wasn't far off." Mahiro smiled and gripped his sword. The mother gives a hiss sound and the baby quickly crawls away.

Arcus
10-05-2014, 12:09 AM
Runtia continued to lay there, her eyes weren't even open. Her mind was working overtime, in figuring out what was going on. As well as how to survive, which is always her first priority. Even in her limp state, she woudn't let go of the dagger.

MidKnight
10-05-2014, 12:44 AM
Mahiro ran towards the mother, the large tail came for him and he side step, dodging the attack. He looked at the lizard as it slowly moved again. Mahiro jumped on the tail and started stabbing, "I need the tail cut off!" He yelled, hoping Runtia would hear him.

Arcus
10-05-2014, 01:23 AM
His words barely reached her, even so her eyes started to slowly open. One of the voices in her head stopped, as the faint hope that he might be worried about her was obviously wrong. As she slowly moved, pain shot through her arm. But her face as stone, as she got up. She looked around taking in what was going on, her gripped on the dagger tightened. Then as it went over and jumped on the lizards' arm. As it tried to shake her off, she jumped again. Landing on its' back, it started to flail around. But she grabbed firmly on its' hide.

MidKnight
10-05-2014, 01:54 AM
Mahiros' blade was scraping off as it made a hollow sound with each strike. He was trying to keep calm, but being twirled around like a ragged doll was not much fun. He need to cut off the tail so it could be powerless. He kept his grip by holding on to the hide, the scale was old, he could tell the lizard had reached its time.

Arcus
10-05-2014, 02:16 AM
Runtia climbed to the head, doing the best that she could. When she eventually managed to reach the head, keeping a tight grip on her dagger. Before pulling back her arm and diving it into one of the eyes, then let it throw her off. As she hit the ground with a thud.

MidKnight
10-05-2014, 02:22 AM
Mahiro kept up for a while until he felt the creature hit the ground hard, he looked over and seen Runtia fall on the ground. He looked at the lizards' head, whose eyes were stabbed, "Oh...well there's that too." Mahiro smiled as he got up and ran straight for the head, jumping up and landing on its' head with his sword piercing through as he hit the soft spot. The lizard died at that moment, Mahiro was breathing heavy, "Well....that was...fun." He said with a smile.

Arcus
10-05-2014, 02:36 AM
Runtia didn't get up, panting abit "that is definitely one way to put it." She said before closing her eyes again, deciding to just lay there why Mahiro did whatever. Also hoping she didn't have to carry anything on way back, since she wasn't sure that she would be able to carry very much with the way one of her arms were like. Wondering if she could get someone to help with it or if she should just not mention it.

MidKnight
10-05-2014, 02:41 AM
Mahiro tried to get his sword out of the skull, but it was stuck, it took him a little bit longer than usual to get the sword out. "Uh-oh." He quietly says to himself, he examined the lizards body, since it was 4 times his own size, he wondered how he was going to bring it back to the caravan. After a small struggle with the sword, he finally was able to pull it out. He began to chop the lizard in small pieces, "I should have brought an axe." He said.

Arcus
10-05-2014, 02:54 AM
Runtia simply laughed, forcing herself into a sitting up position. "Can't help you there, All I got is a dagger that you gave me. Which I think would be even worse then that sword for this..." She feel silent for a few moments, "any chance we could care for the baby?" She asked knowing it was an unusual question, but she knew what it was like to have no family. So thought that if there was a way to possibly help, she would like too. Even if it was little more then a selfish desire.

MidKnight
10-05-2014, 03:18 AM
"I know and using the sword ain't helping." He sighs and looks at some of the pieces he managed to chop up. "Keeping a baby lizard?" He asked Runtia, "I um....never kept them around, usually it's the mothers I hunt, because the babies can look out for themselves." He looked around, "But if that's what you like...okay...sure." Mahiro smiled as he cut the tail off. "Although we're gonna have to keep it away from the dead mother or it won't like of what we done."

Arcus
10-05-2014, 03:28 AM
Runtia nodded, "that is true.... I just thought it would be better then it being all alone." Then slowly got up, "since I'm useless here. I'll find the baby, while you deal with this." She said heading off in the direction that the baby had gone, looking back and said almost teasingly. "Good luck," once Mahiro was out of sight. She started trying to figure out why she had said it in such a way, it was probably the first time she had said anything in that way. Especially with the tone she had, she didn't understand.

MidKnight
10-05-2014, 03:43 AM
Mahiro continued to cute some more pieces and placing them in one spot, but as for the rest, he'll have to leave behind and come back for them later. He managed to get a hold of the tail he wanted though, and started moving the pieces back to the caravan. He felt his leg fall right through a hole and he fell on the ground, making a small yelp sound.

Arcus
10-05-2014, 03:59 AM
Runtia didn't know that he fell through and was busy looking for the baby. When she found it, it was crouched down in a small hole by a tree. So she knelt down and couldn't help but smile slightly at how scared it seemed. But tried to get it to come out and let it know that she didn't mean it harm anymore. She hoped it would come to trust her, she would do her best to keep it safe.

MidKnight
10-05-2014, 04:11 AM
Mahiro got back up and kept on moving the pieces slowly back to the caravan, it felt like it was taking forever, until the guards noticed him. "Mahiro, where you been?" They asked, "Getting dinner." Mahiro replied and showed the pieces of the giant lizard he killed. Some of the guards helped him, "What about your friend?" They asked, "Um....she's bringing back a pet." He smiled.

Arcus
10-05-2014, 04:20 AM
It took a long time, but eventually the baby came out and hugged him. After taking some time to figure out what it needed to eat. She started back towards the caravan, trying to make sure that the baby continued to follow her. She hugged the baby from time to time and kept making sure that it knew that was safe, as well as it would be cared from now on.

MidKnight
10-05-2014, 12:00 PM
Mahiro and the others placed the pieces of meat in the storage wagon. Making sure some of it does not spoil when the caravan needs to stop, which was soon, and dinner was going to be made soon, if felt like a long day for everyone, first a peaceful morning, then a bandit attack. Mahiro wondered what was going to happen next when the time came. Although he would be prepared this time. Mahiro asked the others if the bandits had any armor on them, but they only found clothing and bloody rags on the bandits. Mahiro was disappointed a little, and gives a small sigh. The guards told him, they only secured weapons of sort, but nothing fancy. "Well give it to the people, just in case if we fall, they can defend themselves."

Arcus
10-05-2014, 02:52 PM
Eventually Runtia spotted Mahiro, she lifted her hand in greeting. The baby seemed hesitant to follow, when it saw other people. But she did her best to coax it over to them, before getting it onto the caravan. Ignoring the looks that they were getting, she didn't care what they thought. She just didn't want the baby to get more scare or be alone.

MidKnight
10-06-2014, 05:33 AM
Some of the guards got a little nervous and had their hands on their swords, Mahiro raised his hand, "It's okay, this is the pet I was talking about." He said, the others slowly moved their hands away, one of them approached to both Runtia, and Mahiro, "Alright, but it's your duty to keep the beast...tamed." Mahiro nodded in agreement, "I'm sure the baby lizard can be of some use around here." Then looks to Runtia and nodded.

Arcus
10-06-2014, 01:05 PM
Runtia simply nodded, "we can teach him to help out. Though it will require patience," she said stroking the baby and climbing in the caravan herself. Ready to go, though she cradled one of her arms in her lap. She was pretty sure it was broken, but didn't feel like bringing it up. Not at the moment anyway.

MidKnight
10-09-2014, 09:50 PM
"Patience, yes, it's always a good idea to teach him a few good things around here." Mahiro smiled as he looked around. "The camp is ready to settle down for the night, might as well make a sleeping spot for him." Mahiro grabbed some extra blankets he had, and given them to Runtia.

Arcus
10-09-2014, 11:49 PM
Runtia smiled, "that is probably a good idea." Said taking the blanket, flinching slightly as pain surged through her arm. Before starting to make a bed for the baby, "what should he be called?" She said absent mindedly, knowing the baby would need a name.

MidKnight
10-10-2014, 12:01 AM
Mahiro gives a small laugh and slightly smiles, "You brought him here, you give him a name." Mahiro turned around and watched the two of them. "If you ask me, he looks like a Spike." He gives a thumbs up.

Arcus
10-10-2014, 12:29 AM
When Runtia finished with the bed, the baby laid on it and set his head on her lap. She thought he was a little big for that, but just scratched the babys' head. "Spike huh?" She said softly but nodded, she liked that. "Spike," she repeated softly with a smile forming.

MidKnight
10-10-2014, 01:29 AM
Mahiro smiled as he watched the two. "it's nice to see you smile." Mahiro smiled as well when he saw her smile. "That's a good change."

Arcus
10-10-2014, 01:53 AM
Runtias' smiled dropped as she glanced up, she had been smiling? She hadn't realized that she had, but blushed slightly when he said it was a good change. It wasn't easy for her to smile, since she didn't want whatever made her happy enough for the smile to appear. To disappear, but now everything she had known up till now was being shaken.

MidKnight
10-10-2014, 03:43 AM
Mahiro noticed she stopped smiling and realized it was her first time. "You don't have to hide no more." He said with another smile, "And besides." He looks at Spike, "You got something to protect and care for now."

Arcus
10-10-2014, 03:52 AM
Runtia listened to what Mahiro said and looked down, stroking the large babys' head. Smiling slightly, not a full blown one but still a smile. "I guess I do," she said before falling silent. After a little time, she muttered softly "and this time I will be able to protect it." Giving the apparently sleeping lizard.

MidKnight
10-11-2014, 12:21 AM
Mahiro smiled and watched the two, he looked around and noticed they had done and already made supper. "That was fast." Mahiro said, and looked back at the two, "I can't recall what lizards eat now days, maybe bugs?" He asked himself that too, still wondering what baby lizards eat.

Arcus
10-11-2014, 02:09 AM
Runtia looked up to Mahiro, "ya I saw him eatting some bugs on our walk he simples to like beetles and butterflies the best. Least from what I can tell," she answered. Taking a deep breathe and thought it smelled wonderful.

MidKnight
10-11-2014, 02:21 AM
"Hmm, then we'll have to walk him through the woods before we leave tomorrow morning." Mahiro said as he got up, "I'll be back." He said, and walked over to the tables where the food was being served, he grabbed a couple of plates and filled them up with what the cooks managed to find, carrots, more potatoes, bread, and meat of some sort. He walked back to the wagon and gives the plate to Runtia.

Arcus
10-11-2014, 02:36 AM
Runtia thanked Mahiro, while the baby opened his eyes and sniffed the plate. Before turning around, nestling himself deeper into his bed. Runtia chuckled, "guess he doesn't like this." She said with a shrugged and took a bite. Licking her lips, "his loss." She commented as she loved what the cooks made and couldn't imagine how anyone didn't like it.

MidKnight
10-11-2014, 02:47 AM
"Sometimes animals and other creatures would eat human made food, and sometimes they don't." He smiled as Spike turned away from the plate, "Glad he's like that, which means he don't like to eat humans." Mahiro gives a small smile.

Arcus
10-11-2014, 02:59 AM
Runtia blinked, "why would he eat humans?" She asked confused about his last statement, not sure what human food has to do with eating people. But simply took another bite of the food.

MidKnight
10-11-2014, 03:13 AM
"uh....nothing." He looked around and tried to quickly change the subject. "So um..." He clears his throat, "The food is good...." He forced a smile on his face.

Arcus
10-11-2014, 03:28 AM
Runtia gave him a blank look, before flicking some of the food on him. "Really, now your the one with a forced smile?" She said flatly, did he really think he could trick her with something like that. She could see fake smiles from a mile away, afterall she was forced to wear one for a long time.

MidKnight
10-11-2014, 03:39 AM
Mahiro actually gives a real laugh and a smile, "Well sometimes it's good to force a smile." He wiped away some of the food on his face and eats it.

Arcus
10-11-2014, 03:56 AM
Runtia chuckled slightly, "ya well. If I never have to do that again, all I can say is good ridence." She said honestly, taking another bite of the delicious food.

MidKnight
10-11-2014, 04:19 AM
"Never again huh?" Mahiro smiled, "Okay from now on, no more forced smiles." Mahiro raised his pinky, "Promise."

Arcus
10-11-2014, 04:32 AM
Runtia blinked, she hadn't been expecting that. She stared at the pinkie for a few moments, before bringing her own up to it. "Promise," she said hoping it would be true.

MidKnight
10-11-2014, 04:48 AM
Mahiro wrapped his pinkie around hers and gives it a shake and he smiled, "Good, now that's settle." Mahiro finished what was left on his plate and ate it quickly, "Second?" He asked.

Arcus
10-11-2014, 05:11 AM
Runtia nodded, "yes please." Then started to get up. As she added, "should I come too?"

MidKnight
10-11-2014, 10:58 PM
"Sure, show everyone who Spike is and show them that he is a nice...baby lizard." Mahiro smiled and walked over to the tables with food.

Arcus
10-11-2014, 11:17 PM
Runtia nodded, going over to Spike. Scratching his head, the babys' eyes opened groggily. As she stood up and followed Mahiro out of the caravan, the baby slowly lumbering after her. She followed Mahiro over to the food, but Spike stopped mid-way and munched on a beetle that passed by. Before attempting to chase a grasshopper.

MidKnight
10-12-2014, 02:36 AM
Mahiro watched as he laughed when Spike at the beetle, "At least we don't have to worry about the bug problem anymore." Mahiro smiled and gives his plate to the cooks, who looked a little happy to see a baby lizard, "So...that's a baby right?" They asked, Mahiro nodded, "Yup, I'm guessing this one hatched about last week or so."

Arcus
10-12-2014, 03:07 AM
Runtia blinked, "wait he is only about a week old?" She glanced back at the baby, she had thought he was older then that. Now she felt even worse about that they killed its mother, Mahiro thought this practically new born could fend for himself? Hadn't he been for his mother, because he couldn't protect himself yet?

MidKnight
10-12-2014, 03:50 AM
"Give or take....three weeks, the first week, they're just younglings, but by the second week, they're old enough to walk, eat, sleep on their own, by the third week, even though they're just still babies, but somehow they can take care of themselves, practically acting as adults." Mahiro looked at the baby lizard, "Spike is, maybe four weeks."

Arcus
10-12-2014, 04:04 AM
Runtia watched the baby chase after some bug or another, at one point even tripping. She simply shook her head, hiding a smile. "Maybe he was still with his mother because their is something that goes on that we don't know about?" She offered, thanking the cooks for the second plate.

MidKnight
10-12-2014, 04:06 AM
"It depends on the baby." Mahiro smiled and watched the lizard chase after bugs, "Sometimes they'll stay with the mother, or go on their own." Mahiro looked down and thoughtfully regretted for killing the mother.

Arcus
10-12-2014, 04:22 AM
Runtia looked at Mahiro, "at least he isn't alone." She added, Spike had them now. They could be his new family, that is what she dared to hope anyway.

MidKnight
10-13-2014, 05:18 AM
Mahiro nodded and walked over to Runtia, giving her the plate of food and watched Spike. "Indeed he is not." He smiled.

Arcus
10-13-2014, 01:10 PM
Runtia nodded and started eating. Then realized something and simply started laughing. As she muttered, "well there goes that plan."

MidKnight
10-16-2014, 09:19 PM
Mahiro looked at his plate and finished quickly and wiping away his mouth, giving a big relief look on his face. "Can't believe it's been a long day, first bandit attack, now a baby lizard..." He sits up right, "What's else?" He thought for a moment.

Arcus
10-16-2014, 09:58 PM
Runtia looked at Mahiro and shrugged, "who knows." Then finished off her plate, as Spike walked up. So she put the plate down and started to scratch his head, which the baby seemed to like. "But at least now we have something that can try to scare things off, even if he is scary mostly just in appearance."

MidKnight
10-16-2014, 10:46 PM
Mahiro couldn't help it, but yawn and stretch and looked up at the sky. "I am guessing I'm going to be doing the first watch...again." He gives off a relief sigh, "And I don't think baby lizards will like the cold much."

Arcus
10-16-2014, 11:41 PM
Runtia barely bit back a giggle, "no I suppose not. Suppose I should make sure that he is warm huh?" She said, half hoping he would ask her to keep him company. Only to feel silly, since she thought that such a thing. She was sure that it was only her that felt anything when he was around, he was nice to everyone. So why would someone like her be special?

MidKnight
10-17-2014, 12:19 AM
Mahiro stretches and managed to give his back a small pop and looks at Runtia, "If you wish, you can join me." He asked with a little red blush on his cheeks.

Arcus
10-17-2014, 02:16 AM
Runtia hid a smile and nodded, "sure. I wouldn't mind, I'll just put Spike to bed and meet you on to of the caravan?" She offered, secretly very happy at his offer. Even if he didn't really understand what they would talk about. So got up and led Spike inside.

MidKnight
10-17-2014, 02:47 AM
"Sure!" Mahiro smiled and grabbed his sword and made his way to the top of the wagon. Some of the guards came over and looked at Mahiro like he knew what they would ask of him. They simply waved at him and returned to their own wagons and begun to rest, while Mahiro stared up at the sky, he could see the stars already appearing in the sky. He smiled.

Arcus
10-17-2014, 03:22 AM
It took a while but Eventually Spike fell asleep under his blankets in his nest. So Runtia came out and climbed up, seeing that Mahiro was looking up. "Star watching again?" She asked wondering what he was thinking about. Though she was thankful for every moment she got with him... Even if she wasn't sure when it started becoming that way.

MidKnight
10-17-2014, 03:31 AM
Mahiro smiled and tugged on his head band, "Yes I am." He gives a small laugh, "Sometimes I wonder if my father is doing the same thing, looking down and watching us." He looked at Runtia, "How's Spike? Did he fall asleep easily?" He asked. wondering if baby lizards fall asleep fast as he heard.

Arcus
10-17-2014, 03:39 AM
Runtia shrugged though the idea of people who has died watching them, unlike him didn't comfort her. Then shrugged again at his question, "sorta. It looked like he was going to go to bed fast, but then I would start to walk away and he would wake up. So it took a while to actually get him to stay asleep." She answered honestly, as she sat next to him

MidKnight
10-17-2014, 03:48 AM
Mahiro leans back, relaxing his head and takes in a deep breath, and then exhale. "It's been quite a long day." He says while arching his back, "I still can't believe you almost killed the baby." Mahiro gives a small laugh, "The look on your face when the mother showed up."

Arcus
10-17-2014, 11:05 AM
Runtia shrugged, "how was I supposed to know that Spike was a baby? I mean he is giant," she said before grunting. "Ya, well that couldn't really be helped could it? She sent me flying into a tree, which extremely hurts by the way." She rubbed her injured arm slightly. A little annoyed that he found joy in her pain, wasn't he supposed to be nice?

MidKnight
10-18-2014, 10:29 PM
Mahiro tooks his head band and wrapped it around her arm, "Here, keep it like this and your arm should be fine in the morning and sorry for laughing about it, but still the look on your face." He gives a slight smile. "Other then that, we're saving up the meat for later tomorrow, or...use it as a emergency time or something." he gives a small sigh, "Baby Spike may be a giant to you, but wait till you continue our trail with us, and you'll find things more bigger then Spike."

Arcus
10-18-2014, 11:06 PM
Runtia flinched as he wrapped it around her arm, "thanks." She said softly, before hearing the rest. She still didn't find it funny, so said kinda sourly. "Glad to hear that nearly losing consciousness was entertaining for you." Then simply nodding taking his word for it hoping she would be able to stay long enough to see what he was talking about.

MidKnight
10-19-2014, 12:12 AM
"Well if it makes you feel a bit better, the tail would have killed me." He looked away, "The tail is usually the dangerous part, considering it's the hardest part of its' body and more deadly."

Arcus
10-19-2014, 12:47 AM
Runtia gave him a confused look, "if it is the hardest part then why were you trying to cut it off? Isn't there easier things to go after?" She asked trying to make since of the rest of it.

MidKnight
10-19-2014, 02:39 AM
"The eyes, if your lucky, in which case you was." He smiled, "The scale on Lizards are really hard to penetrate, especially the tail, I mean they said it would be easy if you know where to cut, but if it is moving like a wild animal, then yes it would be difficult to cut." He looked at her, "The eyes are pretty much the weak spot, but get it on its' back and it is very vulnerable."

Arcus
10-19-2014, 02:56 AM
Runtia simply nodded, she didn't really think about how she had gotten on it. Her body simply moved on its' own, but decided to change the subject. "...I promised didn't I?" She said with a sigh, not wanting to talk about how she could fight but remembered that Mahiro wanted to know.