PDA

View Full Version : OOC Trembling Sky: The Beast Below [M for extreme violence and horror]

ILYTH
09-02-2010, 01:03 PM
http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd334/LT_1993/lebeast-2-1.jpg

Ok guys this will be a mature fantasy RP set in the future with super natural themes. It will have gratuitous violence and if done properly extreme horror elements so if your squeamish probably pass this one by. Even if you didn't post on the interest thread you can put in a sheet and you will most likely get accepted if you follow the rules.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

In the short time between 2050 and our own present day expansion and technology have leapt forward at a maddening pace, huge advances have been made in fields as diverse as combat technology to cleaning appliances. Within mere decades humanity discovered technology that made disease and pain things of the past .

Drought and famine were eliminated through advanced cloning techniques, virtually overnight food stocks globally filled to the brim with abundance brought about through awe inspiring new technology. With this great step the gap between first and third world countries drastically shortened and quality of life around the globe improved for everyone. With new advances in health care the general populace were now expected to live well into the latter stages of their second century. New industry brought a need for more work and as a result almost all people lived in wealth and prosperity enough to sustain them as it was hard for a man not to capitalize In the utopian world that the new industrial revolution had created.

With the new world's prosperity and contentedness war is thought of only as something to teach in history classes as there is nothing to fight for. Religious disputes still cause conflict but it is accepted that with the new weaponry of this technological era war would be catastrophic to all involved. With this new and the fact that everything was in abundance and a sense of giving became present between every country within the new era.

Truly a man form our time looking upon this not distant future would question how it would be possible that such a future could exist and he would be right to do so. This grand new world was built not on oil or gold as the past had been, the new industrial revolution had been built on the discovery of the power within the molten core of the planet.

Early within the second decade of the twenty first centary a rare element was discovered within magma taken from a Hawaiian volcano. The eruption had been cataclysmic on a scale not recorded in any history englufing much of the other Hawaiian islands in a shroud of ash and fire. When the area cleared a team of researchers to investigate the area, the discovery they would make would spark off the new age. The lava from the island volcano was found to originate from the very center of the planet. The new element named Astonum after the scientist who had discovered it Dominic Aston exuded huge amounts of energy when bombarded with UV radiation at such a rate that a tennis ball sized lump could power an entire city for decades.

Almost immediately after this discovery was made a giant drill was constructed in South Australia in order to secure enough of this element to last the world through the next millennium. The drilling and the events that would follow it would go down in history but not for the reasons that the leaders of the world intended. This story is a lesson about fools who delve deep in their ignorance to the workings of things they cannot hope to understand and what they awake.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The overweight middle manager shuffled quickly through the brightly lit halls of the Adelaide drilling refinery in South Australia. The ambient temperature of the un-airconditioned facility and the man's own nerves had caused his short sleeved work shirt to become drenched in sweat, he felt self conscious of the dark circular stains under his arm pits and the beads of liquid on his furrowed brow. The soles of his work shoes made a loud tapping sound as he hurried down the tiled floor, the walk to the Foreman’s office always made the manager nervous. Whether this was caused by his own self doubt or the intimidating nature of the foreman was a moot point to the manager.

The Foreman of the Crow Peak drilling refinery was an intense man, focused and driven to ridiculous extents. He had arrived on the first day of the project in a black suit, his pale skin and jet black hair setting him apart from the leather skinned workers at the refinery, no-one even knew his name. wierd rumors spread about him due to his work ethic. No-one had ever seen him leave the refinery after he first stepped within its halls and custodians had reported seeing him on holidays such as Christmas in his office staring at the drill monitor as it steadily burrowed. The Foreman scared the manager, especially today because the manager had something to tell him, something impossible.

The manager twisted the handle of the Foreman’s door and went inside. The Foreman was imposing man, pale beyond reason, like a china doll, slicked back jet black hair and dark brown eyes bordering on pure black. As ever the Foreman was staring at the monitor that showed the vitals and status of the drill. The manager gulped as this meant that the Foreman already knew the drill had stopped.

“Why are we stationary, we do not stop until we reach the core?” The voice was quiet and polite but filled with malice and a fury colder than ice. The manager opened his mouth to talk but his throat was dry and he stammered like a fool. “Uh….uh..s-s-sir we’ve hit something.” The Foreman looked up from the monitor with a grin, the first time the manager had seen him smile and it made him very scared.
“What have we hit down in the deep Mr Daley?” with this the Manager got the horrible feeling that the Foreman already knew somehow about the impossible obstacle.

“A-a-a-a Statue sir, a huge statue, within the core.”

The Foreman grinned showing a row of ludicrously sharp looking teeth

“Pull it up.”

-------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, this is a story about the waking of a monster or maybe a god, or maybe something far more sinister and the ensuing havoc put upon a perfect world. You can join as anyone on the planet who could get involved in someway, military, police, housewife, driller, scientist, child politician everyone is effected. You could even be President if you wanted to I want to see how you believe your character would react to the circumstances I will create in this RP

There is only one thing you cant be and that’s because I’m already playing as it and that’s the Statue and the Foreman.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Rules

1.Be anyone you want, president of America, janitor, movie star it's all good.
2.If your character has some sort of special ability come up with some pseudo sci fi epxlantion for it.
3. Your character will at a point in RP come within the risk of dieing, how you react to circumstances will decide whether i think you have done enough to survive.
4.Usual etiquette applies as ever
5. No one sentence posts, aim for at least three eight line paragraphs.
6.Please try not to murder the English language as I have grown quite fond of it

---------------------------------------------------------------

Char Sheet

Name:(something somewhat realistic depending on your background, no aliases)

Race: (can be anything you can think of within the human species)

Role: (Your characters role in society, Student, homeless, rockstar etc)

Appearance: (General body stats, height weight etc. facial details, tatoos, body build)

Clothing: (usual clothing.)

Bio: (brief outline of your characters history and their personality.)

Equipment: (Items special or useful to your character.)

__________________________________________________ _____

I'll put my sheet up in a minute just giving Francois the chance to work on his before he kills me lol

Rhomeo
09-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Damn, knew I was forgetting something! Well here it is, hope it's worth the wait; lol..

Char Sheet

Name: Ross Hannon

Race: Caucasian

Role: Super Soldier

Appearance: Ross stands 6'5 tall and has a build similar to one all men crave for, perfect abs, perfect skin tone, medium length sandy blonde hair; his only imperfection is a deep scar running across the center-left side of his chest. He has dull blue eyes, bordering on grey; as well as this he wears a permanent scowl.

Clothing: Faded black jeans with slogans written on the left side, a red shirt with thin black stripes cut through it, perfect fitting grey-black sandshoes with extremely thin steel caps and an akubra hat.

Bio: Ross was a part of a special military program called The Nemian Initiative which was involved in making the most well-trained and deadly soldiers the planet had ever seen. The program was funded and watched over by the UCOAF (United Coalition Of Allied Forces) which meant that at first the soldiers were signed up to fight terrorists and insurgent forces throughout the world. But as time went on, things changed and the enemy began to fade away; but there was still threat of many different end-world scenarios.

While he was a willing test subject, Ross was almost forced to join against his will; as he was saved from a war-zone before he was taken into TNI. As he would have died without support from the scientists and doctors amongst the program he had no choice but to subject himself to the most horrendous of tests, experiments and sometimes even torture. But because he was put through it all, he ended up with powers unlike anyone had ever seen.

Over time and many experiments he was subjected to a test that sent him over the edge, it involved lengthy and dangerous surgery; which ended up going wrong. As he awoke from his drug-induced slumber he found himself with no recollection of his past life, he had lost everything he had in this cold place; so he lost his mind. Within ten minutes from the end of the surgery he had managed to break out of the facility with a lot of technology and equipment, as well as a credit card; but of course he returned to a world that didn't need war.

He has only been out of the facility for a week now and he may have already found himself in more trouble than he was back in the wars of his youth...

Equipment:
Gravitational Field Equipment: Ross has control of an experimental device that allows him to divert and change gravity around him. This is used by a small device on his inner palm of his left hand as well as multiple implants throughout his body, this means that he can fall from heights up to 20 metres as well as jump up to 5 metres higher than a normal human.

Special skin lining: While being tested on Ross was given treatment to toughen and make his skin into an almost kevlar like substance. It isn't enough to stop a machine gun, but any hidden weaponry on an assassin or sneaky opponent would never work against him. He also has a very thin lining around his head which was his last experiment, the one that made him lose his memory.

SHELL (Systematic Hardening External Life Layer): This was the most advanced piece of defense technology in the TNI, it has only 4 different complete sets; 3 of them being prototypes. The only complete set went missing coincedentally when Ross escaped. The armour is extremely lightweight and can be fit into a suitcase with ease, it was made for extremely harsh conditions and cools or heats up depending on the outside temperature. Includes chest plate, helmet, bracers, gloves, pauldrons, leg plate and boots.

RAMSES (Rapid Anhiallation Mutilating Shock Execution system): The RAMSES is by far the most deadly hand-held weapon created by man. It's a humongous mini-gun like assault rifle with 4 magazines, two in the bottom and two on each side; each with 12.7mm FMJ rounds. If the situation requires it, it can be broken down into four smaller weapons, to either be distritubted amongst allies or when a smaller built weapon is needed.

It has a 10x Thermal Scope with an in-built astonium power supply, the gun is built in such a way that almost any normal person wouldn't be able to lift it more than a few centimetres off the ground. But with Ross' increased strength lifting, aiming and keeping the gun steady while firing is like breathing to him. All in all... You don't want to get in his way while he's holding this.

Okay, that shit took forever! I know I look over-powered.. And yeah.. I am. But still, that's what the good sir asked me to do sort of; so I complied and did the best I could. Damn... Still, that took like an hour. Too long! TOO LONG!

ILYTH
09-06-2010, 12:39 PM
Char Sheet

Name:Dorian 'The Foreman'

Race: British Caucasian

Role: Foreman of the Crow Peak Drilling Facility

Appearance: http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/54512/54512,1182249203,3/stock-photo-evil-businessman-check-my-portfolio-for-morephotos-3556174.jpg

Dorian is a tall pale man with a unremarkable build, despite his lack of physical imposition the way the Foreman carries himself allows him to dominate everyone in a room. Dorian brings a terrible intensity with him wherever he goes and his black eyes seem to physically chill you with the malice they harbor. The Foreman's hair is jet black slicked back with a sweet smelling oil.

Clothing: As Pictured, any changes will be updated

Bio: The Foreman grew up as a lonely orphan in a country Australian child care center. He was found left on the doorstep in a classic fashion with nothing but a basket. The child disconcerted the workers at the care center immediately, something about him scared them, it almost felt like what ever room he was in had a draft blowing throw and a chill that was just enough to be unpleasant. The Foreman grew up as an intense child, intently focused even though he never seemed to do anything this lead to fear amongst his fellow orphans and the Foreman eventually became completely isolated. Various attempts were made to adopt out the Foreman who grew up with the name Dorian which he chose for himself. These brief respites from the weird child as he was returned every time by would be parents who had no real reason for giving Dorian Back but for the feeling of wrongness he brought to their house. On the day of Dorian's thirteenth birthday he began to complain that the shadows of the other children were whispering to him, Dorian was sent to the counselor but this didn't help as he occasionally complained of the shadows getting louder.
Eventually Dorian grew into adulthood and traveled the world,Dorian completely fell of the map until he came back to Adelaide years later to become Foreman of the Crow Peak Drilling refinery.

Equipment: Dorian owns a sterling silver pocket watch with engraved golden swirls inset into the outside lids, a single black gemstone adorns the top side of the watch. The watch has no hands as it was made by a mad watchmaker to express that time has already run out for the world and it's people.

ILYTH
09-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Great sheet mah man, accpeted of course. I'll just point out that not everyone needs to have a character of Andy's type and combat is not a necessity as such but may well be involved unless you make some friends who can do it for you.

The Fox
09-09-2010, 05:20 AM
Would love to join... It's very interesting! Consider that you have two extra members. Me any my sister.

Would you mind if I made a review about this RP? It would be a great review for a great game. :D If you want, I think I believe it could possibly make your RP a bit more popular. Of course, I don't have many viewers yet, but eventually I hope to get a lot.

Anyway! Forms will be up soon.

ILYTH
09-09-2010, 06:44 AM
I'm a tad confused lol, maybe because I'm reading your post after an exam but if your asking to join then put up a sheet and hop aboard, no-one from the interest check thread who said they would join has so were a little light as you can see. As for a review then of course when the RP has run its course then we would be very greatfull that someone would be interested enough to write a review.

John
09-10-2010, 04:44 AM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975)or put your RP in The Spotlight (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=306170#post306170) to help attract players?

And now that that has been said, I am considering this one. And given it being you and Francois, makes it hard to pass up. Just need to come up with a character.

Livlaffluv
09-10-2010, 06:04 AM
Name: Cleo McVicker, rock name is CloVick

Race: Australian

Role: Famous rock-star in the band, "The Living Dead"

Appearance: http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w32/goonysings/girl-rockstar.jpg Cleo has tattoos all over her body, located on her arms and legs. She even has a skull on the side of her head, under her hair. She stands at 5'7" and weighs approximately 115. Her eyes are a nice hazel and tend to turn a dark brown or lavender. Many think she's beautiful because of her perfect body shape, curves at all the right places.

Clothing: http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c87/pablol/gj9001188.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d129/nelly_02/clothes/rockandrepublic-5.jpg http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii215/x_starbuckslove_x/Clothes/crystalrocklarocktshirt.jpg

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww10/kriskarl08/Kris%20Clothes/036.jpg

Bio: Nobody really knows [let alone herself] her past. All Cleo knows is that she was abandoned by her true family and was raised in a horrible orphanage. When she was 16, she got away and followed her dream of becoming the leader of a band.

Cleo made a band called, "The Living Dead." Originally, the band only played old songs that already were made. Then, Cleo started to become more creative and wrote a song. After playing it, and getting good reviews from her fans, she only played original songs that she made herself.

The drummer of her band was named Johnny. He and Cleo quickly hit it off and after only a year of playing together, they became a close couple that never left each others sides. Their band-mates would make fun of their love for each other and told them that they were "attached at the hip."

Cleo and Johnny were together from the age of 16 to 21. And their love would have continued if Johnny hadn't driven home drunk one evening... The day after, Cleo was called and she found out that Johnny had died. She became deeply depressed and closed down the band.

Cleo made several attempts to kill herself and a psychic told her that she would lead a horrible fate if she didn't bring her act together. She did so, and stopped taking drugs/and drinking so horribly. Finally, Cleo brought back "The Living Dead" and her band-mates all united. This act was done only two years ago.

Now Cleo is taking a tour through her home-town, South Australia, which she left a long while ago.

Equipment: ~The shirt her boyfriend got her

~Many rings/bracelets/earrings/necklaces

~A bejeweled knife

The Fox
09-10-2010, 06:30 AM
Name: Kia Vilish

Race: British

Role: Young model

Appearance: http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad190/sitemodels56_2010/Brown%20hair/l_5aef6d98fbb04c1283b7331e889b93c8.png

Clothing: Usually girly shirts and long, dark, skinny jeans. She makes her outfits exotic with lots of bracelets and necklaces all together.

Bio: Kia, since she was a baby, was always rich and spoiled. Her love for everything girlie got her more and more styles every day.

She had a huge wardrobe from a young age and flaunted it. Kia grew quickly and became very braggy and rude. Kia had always wanted to become a model since a very young age and when she was only 13, she became a young model for teens/tweens clothes.

Kia kept going on with her modeling and quit school at a very young age. Her parents didn't care and she didn't get an education. She still is a very smart girl but will always be extremely rude.

Kia may be girlie and annoying, but she can take good care of herself. Some people have actually gotten close to her and learned the best from her. She is a good girl, deep in her heart... You just have to find it.

Equipment: Nothing except tons of make-up, jewelry, and such.

ILYTH
09-10-2010, 06:40 AM
both of you are accepted.

The Fox
09-10-2010, 06:57 AM
Thanks. :)

Rhomeo
09-18-2010, 02:13 AM
Hello out thar? Anyone? *Sad Face*