PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom of Torrentail {KoolKatKyda+NoviDome} {M}

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

KittyKatAlly
09-21-2014, 07:35 AM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/KoolKatAlly/the_imperial_city_by_reneaigner-d66drwj_zps7f181a04.jpg (http://s48.photobucket.com/user/KoolKatAlly/media/the_imperial_city_by_reneaigner-d66drwj_zps7f181a04.jpg.html)

The Kingdom of Torrentail is a vast and fruit full land its capital Tiereban was a bright and vibrant city filled with colourful markets and stores, ever blooming gardens and a healthy water supply.
Ruled by King Richard Fa-Torren the fourth and his wife Queen Maria the kingdom has prospered well, there has been no war or drought during his rain, no famine and no sickness. The people have come to believe that the gods smiled upon King Richards rule blessing his lands.

The King and Queen bore two children, Crown Prince Dominic and Crown Princess Kyda. Very few people have seen Prince Dominic, rumour being that he was sent to live with one of his mothers brothers until he is of age to claim the throne, for even in peaceful times there are those who seek to upset things. Princess Kyda though could be found in many places inside the palace walls her favourite place being the gardens where she spent her days reading or playing with the animals.

But as all princesses do she yearned for what was out side the palace walls, so one day she put on her most common cloths and grabbing a cloak she snuck out of the palace and into the market place. She hadn't been exploring long when a large hand suddenly grabbed her arm while another covered her mouth and dragged her into an alleyway.
"Come now pretty don't struggle or someone might hear you." An oily voice whispered in her ear only causing Kyda to struggle more, trying to yell for help.

NoviDome
09-21-2014, 08:32 AM
On the edge of the rooftop of one of the houses bordering the alleyway, a dark figure was seated, observing the scene. The blade of grass pinched between his teeth bounced softly as his lips curled into a sinister and curious smirk, and the figure leaned forward to get a better view of what was happening below him.

KittyKatAlly
09-21-2014, 08:59 AM
Kyda pushed and clawed at the bigger man trying as hard as she could to get away but it was useless she had never had to fight a day in her life and it was painfully obvious. The larger man had began had removed his hand from her arm and was now letting it roam over Kyda's body. Tears came to her eyes as she tried to fight hard, tried to get the mans hand off of her mouth so she could call out for help.

NoviDome
09-21-2014, 09:14 AM
A disappointed sigh escaped the figure's lips, and with it the blade of grass fluttered free into the air. Without making a single sound, he rose to his feet and leaped off the rooftop and into the alley. A canopy easily broke his fall, and, after he bounced out again, guaranteed him a safe and silent landing.

After patting the dust off his clothes and pulling a black mask over his mouth and nose, he strolled towards the mugger and his victim, like a hyena that had gotten its eyes on a lion's prey, slowly but steadily getting closer to drive the lion away by its mere presence.

KittyKatAlly
09-21-2014, 09:44 AM
Tears had began to fall down her cheek her fight becoming less and less convincing. Kyda caught a movement at the corner of her eyes. Glancing over she noticed a man walking towards them menacingly her movements instantly stilled not sure if this person was here to save her or join in her attackers fun. the larger man let out a barking laughter as she stilled thinking it was a sign of her giving up.

NoviDome
09-21-2014, 10:05 AM
The figure halted about two meters away from the attacker and his victim. The only patch of his face that was visible was his left eye, the rest was covered. Without saying a word, he looked the mugger in the face, judging him just with that one staring eye. He then produced a dagger from under his cloak and tossed it up, letting it twirl around in mid-air before catching it again. 'Get lost,' he muttered through his mask with a subtle nudge of his head towards the street.

KittyKatAlly
09-21-2014, 10:10 AM
The Attacker stilled and turned as he noticed he was no longer alone in the alleyway. Seeing the figure he merely huffed not thinking much of the smaller man even the dagger didn't seem to outwardly faze him.
"Is she yours?" He asked Looking between Kyda and the new comer clear disbelief in his voice. Kyda looked at the new comer her eyes pleading with him to help her.

NoviDome
09-21-2014, 11:22 AM
'She is now,' the figure replied shortly, not breaking eye-contact with the mugger. It was clear that he wouldn't back down too easily, now that he had set his mind on the girl.

KittyKatAlly
09-21-2014, 11:47 AM
The attacker looked the new comer over then gave his captive a good looking over deciding wether she was really worth the trouble. With a Growl the attacker slammed her back into the wall before stalking out of the alleyway.
Kyda winced and gave a slight cry as she was slammed into the wall sliding down the wall in relief as the man stalked out of the alleyway, she still had tears coming down her cheeks but the where now from relief more then fear.
"Thankyou sir." She Said wiping her eyes.

NoviDome
09-21-2014, 11:55 AM
The figure, however, took a step closer to her and pointed his dagger down towards her throat, his left eye now fixed on her face. 'Don't thank me yet. What have you got on you?' he demanded from her, looking her over.

KittyKatAlly
09-21-2014, 12:11 PM
Kyda stiffened and looked up in disbelief, she had just gotten rid of one attacker to find herself at the mercy of another the one she thought was her rescuer.
"I... I don't .. have anything..." She stuttered out backing up against the wall trying to move away from the knife.

NoviDome
09-21-2014, 12:14 PM
The figure followed her every move and took another step closer, hovering the dagger mere centimeters away from her skin. 'Nothing? Are you sure?' he asked with a low tone, as if to give her a second and last chance.

KittyKatAlly
09-21-2014, 12:24 PM
Kyda gulped and looked from the knife to the man.
"Please im telling the truth..... I have nothing." She insisted looking the man pleading with him with her eyes.

NoviDome
09-21-2014, 12:27 PM
His gaze lingered on her tear-streaked face for a few seconds. Then, with a sigh, he lowered the knife and took a step back. 'Go. Get out of here,' he muttered with another subtle nudge of his head towards the street.

KittyKatAlly
09-21-2014, 12:33 PM
Scrambling to her feet Kyda started towards the street then hesitated. Looking back she gave the man a weak smile.
"Thankyou for saving me." She said before running out into the street back to the safety of the palace.

NoviDome
09-21-2014, 01:14 PM
The man shook his head as he watched her scurry off to safety and then turned around to disappear back into the shadows, when he was suddenly stopped by a somewhat chubby young man. One of his greasy hands was firmly planted onto the man's chest to keep him in place, the other was clutching what looked like a herring sandwich. 'Sir, young sir, d'you hav'any idea who tha' was?' the chubby bloke asked him, causing a few crumbs to drop out from between his teeth. There was a hint of excitement in his voice. The man shook his head, taking a step back to spare himself the trouble of having to wash his cloak later. 'A'm not sure, sir, but methinks tha' was the bloody princess, sir!' the youngster exclaimed. The man huffed and pulled his mask down. 'The princess, mate? And what could she possibly be doing in this part of town?'
'A donnow, sir! Bu' A coulda sworn... I'sseen 'er once or twice, you know, sir, up a' the cas'le!'
'You're out of your mind,' the man replied calmly and started to walk away, but the chubby fellow followed him. 'Sir, wait up, sir, I's got a request fo' you!'
'What is it?' the man snapped at him, getting annoyed.
'Well, you see, sir, seein' 'er face brought back some bad memries... 'er dad, the king, had me old man executed las' year... He hadn' done nothin' wrong, sir! Jus' tried to 'ave the royal famly share some o' their wealth with the world, is all!'
The man snickered at the chubby youngster's faith in his father. The old geezer had probably been a foolish mugger that had decided to try his luck stealing from the king and queen.
'Now you see, sir, I'v' always wan'ed to avenge me old man some day... An' seein' you deal with tha' big guy so easily, you gave me an idea! You looks like you's got skill, sir, so what'd you say if A asked you to deal with the big guy up there in the cas'le as well, huh?'
The man raised an eyebrow, surprised. He hadn't expected such a question. 'What's in it for me? I highly doubt you could make it worth the risk, mate.'
The youngster grinned. 'Oh A can make i' worth i' alright! Las' week me friends and A had some luck exploring ole mine shaf's, you see! Found a whole load o' gold, sir!'
'How much?'
'My share's surely three grand worth o' gold, sir!'
The man's jaw dropped slightly upon hearing such a prize, and for a split second it made him consider changing his field of work from robbing to exploring.
'A know, sir! I's a lot, inni'? I'm willin' to give you half if you take the job!'
'Half? You've got to be kidding me, mate. I want all. Deal or no deal.'
The youngster was clearly overwhelmed by his demand, but after a short internal struggle he sighed, giving in. '...Tha's alright then, sir, a deal i' is...'

KittyKatAlly
09-21-2014, 01:43 PM
Kyda managed to sneak back into the castle undetected, making it back to her room she locked herself in the wash room to change and clean up her face. Looking at herself in the mirror she took a second to thank the gods that she was ok.
Walking back into her room she made her way over to her bed and flopped down hugging one of her pillows to herself.
"No wonder father always gets angry when I go out by myself." She said rolling onto her stomach kicking her feet in the air.

She spent the rest of the day sitting around her room daydreaming about the man that had saved her. It confused her to no end how he had saved her then threatened her in the same breath. She was startled out of her thoughts when a servant came to tell her dinner was ready.

Curled up in bed later that night Kyda lay awake play the day over and over again in her head. slowly she drifted off to sleep he thoughts on her almost hero.

NoviDome
09-21-2014, 02:01 PM
After failing in tricking the chubby young man into paying him up front, the man had arranged a meeting one hour after midnight to receive his payment. He had then gone into town to get his daggers sharpened at the blacksmith's and to buy what he liked to call "stun swabs": a packet of small cloths drenched in chloroform.

A few hours later, he was standing outside the castle walls. Any information he would need about the castle and its residents had been etched into his memory after receiving a short lecture from one of his informants, a man that had once worked as a servant for the king himself. Pulling up his mask over his mouth and nose, the man swiftly and aptly made his way up the wall until he reached the top. With footsteps as light as feathers, he crept along until he reached the east wall of the castle. 'Third window from the left is the king's room,' he thought to himself, and cursed softly when he saw that the shutters were locked closed. There was no way for him to break through unnoticed. His eye drifted to the window next to it, its shutters wide open. Even though it'd be an extra risk to sneak through the insides of the castle, the thought of his reward for completing this task drove him to take it. With ease, he leaped off the outer wall and grabbed onto the windowsill, his feet hitting the wall below him with a soft thump.

KittyKatAlly
09-21-2014, 02:08 PM
Blissfully asleep Kyda had managed to kick off her bed covers during the night leaving only her short nightgown covering her. She stirred in her sleep as a soft thud made it to her ears, blinking blurrily she mumbled and turned her head into her pillow trying to block out the sound.

NoviDome
09-21-2014, 02:33 PM
The man remained still for a few moments, listening, and when he heard no sounds of alarm, he pulled himself up and into the windowsill. Crouching there, he looked inside, but saw no movement. He slowly and silently pulled one of the windows open until the opening was big enough for him to fit through. When he had made it inside, he closed the window behind him, and held his ground, fixing his eye on the girl in the bed on the side of the room to see if she was still asleep.

KittyKatAlly
09-21-2014, 02:49 PM
hearing the click of her balcony doors closing Kyda stirred, sitting up slightly to see if maybe it was just the wind that was pushing them closed. She blinked a couple of times trying to get he sleep out of her eyes, when she could see clearly she froze seeing a figure at her window.

NoviDome
09-21-2014, 02:57 PM
The man's eye widened slightly when he saw that he had awoken the girl, who he presumed was the princess. For lack of time to think, he dashed over to her bed, producing one of his "stun swabs" from his pocket. Within a tenth of a second, he had pressed the piece of cloth to her mouth and nose. 'Don't make a sound,' he hissed at her, hoping she would pass out quickly.

KittyKatAlly
09-21-2014, 03:10 PM
Kyda struggled against the hand to her face, she could feel herself getting sleepy. Trying to move back she found he edge of the bed and almost slipped off, reaching for the night stand to stop herself she accidently knocked over a lamp the sound of glass and wood crashing against marble sounding through the room.
It was only a second before the guards assigned to her room came bursting through the doors to see what the noise was.
Spotting the man on the bed with the princess the guards jumped into action, calling for back up and advancing on the intruder.

NoviDome
09-21-2014, 03:18 PM
The man cursed and swiftly dragged the princess off her bed, holding her in front of him, a dagger pressed to her throat. 'Don't move! Or she gets it!' he yelled at the guards, moving towards the window, dragging the princess along. He could forget about his objective for now, but managing to escape, especially with the princess, would be very fortunate.

KittyKatAlly
09-21-2014, 03:28 PM
The guards still their movements not wanting to risk the mans threat. Kyda was terrified this was the third time that day that someone had treated her like this and she was getting sick of it. Looking down at the knife she frowned as she recognised the blade.
"Your the man from the market place." She whispered, "What do you think your doing?!? Let me go!" she demanded.

NoviDome
09-21-2014, 10:33 PM
The man looked at her, dazed for a split second. Had the girl he had saved that day really been the princess? Had that chubby young man been right?! 'Son of a...' he muttered and pressed the blade harder onto her throat. 'Alright, your majesty, I helped you out today, time to return the favour. Tell them to fall back.'

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 12:07 AM
Kyda pressed herself back into the man trying to get away from the blade against her throat.
"Get that blade away from my throat and ill consider it." Kyda bit back glaring up at the man, she may not have had physical strength on her side but that didn't stop her from mouthing off at the wrong times.

NoviDome
09-22-2014, 06:23 AM
The man chuckled. 'You've got it all wrong, miss. That's not how this works. You see, my blade is my weapon. Those men over there are your weapon. If you get rid of yours, I'll get rid of mine. It's as simple as that.'

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 06:38 AM
Kyda sighed and relaxed not liking what she was about to do.
"Ok fine. Sven, Ivan wait back outside." She commanded sternly. Both guards hesitated for a second before catching the glare the princess shot at them, bowing the backed out of the room closing the door behind them.
"Are you happy now?" she asked annoyed.

NoviDome
09-22-2014, 06:53 AM
'Completely,' he replied and lowered his dagger, pushing her forward. 'It's been a pleasure,' he said with a short bow before dashing over to the window and leaping outside, landing safely on the outer wall. Or so he thought. To his great horror, he found the grounds below him swarmed by royal guards. He cursed and started running along the wall, desperately trying to outrun them, but it wasn't long before one of their aptly shot arrows dug itself into his back. The man stumbled from the impact, lost his balance, and shortly came crashing to the ground.

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 07:21 AM
Kyda watched in horror as the guards swarmed the man taking him down with an arrow to his back. Dashing out of her room and down the halls she almost ran into her parents as they exited their room having been woken up by the commotion.
"Slow down there young lady, a princess never runs." Her mother scolded stopping her in her in her tracks.
"But mother please, they are going to killing him." She pleaded not making much sense to the king and queen.
"Kill who sweetie." The king asked but before Kyda could answer the guard captain came running up.
"Your majesty you are needed in the throne room immediately, we have caught the intruder."
"Intruder? What is going on here?!?" The king almost yelled pushing past the guard and heading towards the throne room the Queen and princess in tow.

NoviDome
09-22-2014, 07:26 AM
The man was dragged inside, his hands tied behind his back. Though this was a familiar situation for him, he'd never been taken to the king and queen before. This time, he might not get away as easily as he was used to. He kicked his feet about, struggling with all his might to escape, but he was being held in place by three men.

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 07:30 AM
The king barged into the throne room walking straight up to the man struggling on the floor.
"Now someone tell me what is going on here!" The king demanded glaring at everyone the queen stood a few paces behind the king keeping a firm grip on Kyda's are stopping her from moving any closer.
"We found this man in the princesses room your majesty he had a sleep rag over her mouth. When the princesses guards where alerted and tried to save her he held a knife to her throat and threatened her life." The captain explained growing more and more nervous as he watched the king get angrier and angrier.

NoviDome
09-22-2014, 07:42 AM
The man wasn't about to give up to easily, so his struggles went on. 'They're... They're gravely mistaken, your majesty...! I had no intention of hurting your daughter...' he muttered between short breaths. 'You see, I... I gave her something, this afternoon, and now she's refusing to give it back,' he said with a glare at the princess.

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 07:47 AM
The king growled at the man menacingly crossing his arms over his chest. Kyda glared back not liking that the man was trying to get her into trouble.
"I have never seen you within these walls boy how could you have possibly come into contact with my daughter? and im sure if I did believe you whatever it is would not warrant a knife to her throat." The king raised an eyebrow at he man kneeling before him and took in a deep breath before letting it out slowly. "So lets try this again, why are you here"

NoviDome
09-22-2014, 07:55 AM
The man glared up at the king standing in front of him. It was almost ironic how close he had come to his target now. For a moment, he considered charging at the king, but any attempt would be foolish. The best thing for him to do was to try and talk himself out of this, and if he would go down, he would take the princess with him.

'I'm sorry to say this, your majesty, but I was willing to take what she owes me back by force... It's a very precious thing, you see...'

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 08:02 AM
The king turned to look at his daughter to see if she could clarify a but better but all he got was a look of utter confusion from her. Looking back at the man he uncrossed his arms and rubbed his temple.
"Go on then what did she take?" He asked humouring the man.

NoviDome
09-22-2014, 08:06 AM
The man grinned softly, glad that the king was willing to listen to his words. 'Oh, she didn't take it, your majesty... I gave it to her, all I ask of her is to return the favour...' he said as he turned his gaze to the princess.

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 08:11 AM
Now Kyda was thoroughly confused. She couldn't remember him giving her anything while she was in the market, especially something worth breaking in for.
The King turned back to his daughter and raised his eyebrow at her. All the princess could do was shrug and shake her head. Giving an exasperated sigh the king looked back at the man and glared.
"Stop the riddles boy and straight clearly what you came for."

NoviDome
09-22-2014, 08:16 AM
He let out a chuckle and looked down, shaking his head. 'I didn't come here to get it, but now that I'm here, I'd really like for her to return it...' Slowly, he looked up at the princess. 'I'll give you a hint, your majesty... It starts with an S, and it ends with -alvation...'

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 08:24 AM
The king growled and scoffed at the man not believing a word of it.
"Im tired of your lies. Take him away we shall hang him at dawn for the attempted murder of the princess." The king declared giving the man one last glare before beginning to stalk off. Kyda gasped her hands come up to cover her mouth.
"Father wait, please reconsider, he didn't actually hurt me." Kyda pleaded stepping into her fathers way. "Please father don't kill him."
"And why not? He broke into your rooms and threatened you." The king reasoned.
"Father please..... he saved me today, I owe him." She tried again giving her father the best puppy dog eyes she could manage.

NoviDome
09-22-2014, 08:28 AM
The man let out a laugh, pleased that she confirmed what he had been saying. This might actually get more interesting. 'Do you see now, your majesty? I was telling the truth...'

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 08:30 AM
"Saved you?!? Saved you from what?!?" The king almost yelled turning back to the man. "What could this person possibly have saved you from in the palace"
The princess looked down bitting her lip nervously drawing a blank on any lie that could possibly explain it.
"Ummm well you see father.... umm"

NoviDome
09-22-2014, 08:35 AM
The man smirked broadly behind his mask, his eye fixed on the princess. He knew that her admitting to her father that she had snuck out probably wouldn't make his future any brighter, but he was greatly enjoying the show. 'Go on... Tell him, miss... Tell him where you were!'

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 08:38 AM
Kyda looked around her father and glared at the man.
"Father please im here im safe and unharmed so please just don't kill him." She pleaded exasperated.
"Young man what did you save my daughter from?" The king asked not looking at him.
"Father!" Kyda exclaimed not happy with him dismissing her like that.

NoviDome
09-22-2014, 08:45 AM
The man laughed again, not replying for a second or two to let the tension build up. He knew the princess was trying to save him, but what harm could a hand on his own account do, right?
'A mugger, sire. I saved her from a mugger.'

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 08:50 AM
"A MUGGER!" The King roared. "You where out side the walls AGAIN? When will you learn that its not safe out there." The king continued to yell waving his hands around at the princess as she stood there an adorable pout coming over her face, like a child being caught with their hand in a cookie jar.
"I already said im fine, and he saved me." She said not backing down from her father one bit.
"You will be confined to you room until I see fit to release you." The king said, "And as for you, lock him in the dungeons an attempt on the princesses life is still a crime that must be punished I will think of something suitable in the morning." It was a clear dismissal the princesses protests falling on deaf ears.

NoviDome
09-22-2014, 09:02 AM
The man raised his eyebrows, surprised to see a provisional decrease in the severity of his punishment. His eye drifted over to the princess and he gave her a nod before being lifted to his feet and dragged away towards the dungeons. He knew any attempt to escape would be futile. Though he was a skilled man, he probably wouldn't stand a big chance against the royal guards.
When he arrived at his cell, one of the guards started undoing the belt that carried his daggers to take it away. 'Hell no, don't you-' he began, but another guard twisted his arms behind his back, causing him to cringe. '...Keep your filthy hands off my-' he continued, upon which he received a knee to his lower back, which sent him grunting to his knees. The guard took his belt away and the man was thrown onto the cold, stone floor of the dungeon, hearing the door slam shut behind him.

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 09:12 AM
The princesses was marched back to her room by her father receiving the same lecture she got every time he found out she had left the palace grounds.
"...and from now on you will have a chaperone at all times while you are out side of your room." The king finished as they reached the princesses rooms.
"But father that's not necessary." Kyda said trying to reason with him but having no luck.
"Of course it is and I wont hear another word on it. Guards she is not to leave these rooms am I understood." The guards both nodded giving the princesses a sympathetic look.
Her bedroom door closed behind her leaving her alone to think over the night.

NoviDome
09-22-2014, 09:50 AM
The man rolled over in his cell, cringing slightly at the movement. The only source of light in the dungeon was a faint lantern hanging outside of his cell door, casting three dim beams of light through the small barred window. He tried to move his tied hands to his front, but failed and let out a sigh. The morrow would either bring freedom or death, but he feared the latter. With that, he closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 10:05 AM
Breakfast the next morning was not a pleasant affair by any standards. The Queen tried to start polite conversations between everyone but to no avail. Kyda was still very much angry with her father for giving her a babysitter whenever she left her room and she was equally mad at her mother for not putting a stop to it.
So the food was eaten in silence.

As the meal came to an end a servant appeared bearing a letter for the king. Taking the letter the king frowned deeply as she looked over the wax seal. It was a symbol he knew quite well having worked with its owner for some years before having to cast him out for getting involved in the dark arts.
Carefully the King opened the letter and read it over his frown getting more and more worried. Reaching the end of the letter the king scoffed and tossed it on the table as if it was nothing. then the parchment started to glow, a silver mist rising from it. The king stood and stumbled backwards away from the letter the queen and princess following suit. But it did not matter the mist searched out everyone engulfing them in it strange glow.

Kyda closed her eyes and waited for it all to be over. It didn't take long after a minute she opened her eyes and gasped as she saw her parents, well who she thought where her parents. Looking around the room she almost cried as she released everyone was the same as her parents. Stone. Backing out of the room she ran through the palace looking for help, but everyone she came across was in the same position as her parents. Reaching her room Kyda hid inside leaning against her door running her hands through her hair.
She paced back and forth for what seemed like an hour before she had an idea.

Making her way down to the dungeons she stopped at the guards station to pick up a special item, she was going to need all the help she could get on this.

NoviDome
09-22-2014, 10:10 AM
In his cell, the man from the day before had noticed the strange silver mist as well. It had floated around the dungeons for a couple of minutes before thinning and eventually disappearing. A strange thing was, that the guard sitting across the hall had stopped moving.
Fascinated, the man was throwing pebbles through his barred window at the guard, watching them bounce off with a sharp rap.

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 10:14 AM
Kyda walked as fast as she could in her dress down the stairs to the dungeons, rounding the last corner she yelped as a sharp sting came over her arm. Looking down she found a small stone, then looking up she spotted the guard that had be assigned here finding him looking exactly like the rest.
"Hello, umm guy are you still moving in there?" She called not sure if she wanted to get close or not.

NoviDome
09-22-2014, 10:18 AM
The man grinned when he heard her voice and peered through the window. 'Who, me?' he asked, observing her. She didn't look too well, which puzzled him slightly.

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 10:20 AM
"Yes you." She replied grabbing the keys off the guards belt and walking over to the window. "Is there anyone else in there with you?" She asked not wanting to open the door on a cell full of people who would happily hurt her.

NoviDome
09-22-2014, 10:24 AM
He grinned, keeping his gaze on the keys in her hand. 'Not a soul. Have you come to return the favour?' he asked, looking up at her face.

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 10:26 AM
Kyda bit her lip and tilted her head to the side avoiding his gaze.
"Not.. exactly." She said a little hesitant. She really wasn't sure why she was doing this, why she thought that he might help her, but she had to try.

NoviDome
09-22-2014, 10:29 AM
'Then what's the reason for your pleasant little visit?' he asked curiously, smirking slightly. 'Is your father even okay with you wandering the grounds all by yourself?'

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 10:33 AM
Kyda grimaced and looked up at the man smiling nervously.
"See that's the problem he isn't really saying anything at the moment. It seems everyone has turner into some kind of statue." She explained looking over her shoulder at the guard resting against the wall.

NoviDome
09-22-2014, 10:37 AM
'Oh, yeah, I was going to tell you, maybe you should check on your friend over there, he's gone rather mute,' he remarked with a faint gesture of his hands. 'Did you say everyone is like that?'

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 10:40 AM
"Everyone that I can find, except you and me. Soooo I have a proposition for you." Kyda offered taking a step back from the window so she was out of reach she held up the keys and wiggled them. "Ill let you out, if you help me fix what ever has happened to my parents."

NoviDome
09-22-2014, 10:44 AM
The man laughed, taking a step back as well. 'You want me to help you bring your old man back to life? Why would I do that, so he can execute me after all? No thank you miss, I have my dignity.'

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 10:46 AM
"What if I gave you my word he wont kill you, in fact once I know they are ok ill let you go before he even realises what has happened." Kyda said her tone almost begging.

NoviDome
09-22-2014, 10:59 AM
The man narrowed his eye, looking at her. 'Your word, hm?' he mumbled. She was offering him freedom. After all, should he refuse her offer, he'd rot away in his cell, since all the staff had frozen up. And even if he would survive until the princess found a way to bring everybody back, he'd probably still be executed. So, he figured, it was worth the shot.
'Alright miss. Open the door. I'll help you,' he replied, crossing his fingers behind his back at the last sentence.

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 11:02 AM
Stepping forward again Kyda made sure to keep the keys out of his reach. Looking at him dead in the eyes she sized him up before sighing and digging something out of her pocket. Placing a iron bracelet on the windows ledge she took a step back again.
"Put that on first." She instructed.

NoviDome
09-22-2014, 11:06 AM
He tilted his head slightly, looking at the bracelet. 'What's up with it?' he asked cautiously.

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 11:13 AM
Placing her hands behind her back she rocked back on her heels looking as innocent as could be.
"That bracelet is my insurance. It will tie your life to mine, so that if you try to leave it will start to shock you, if you hurt me it will shock you, if you kill me it will kill you." She said her voice becoming uncertain at the end as if she was rethinking if she should have shared that last part.

NoviDome
09-22-2014, 11:22 AM
The man started lightly shaking his head and took another step backwards. 'That's just evil, miss... I'm not putting that on.'

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 11:28 AM
"Its the only way your getting out. You have held a knife to my throat twice in the last twenty four hours you didn't think I would just let you out without protecting myself?" She asked giving him a puzzled look. She wasn't an idiot... well not deliberately, she needed this mans help but she also didn't want a knife in he back the minute the cell doors opened.

NoviDome
09-22-2014, 11:32 AM
'Where's a little trust, miss...?' he asked with a disappointed tone, but after looking her in the eyes for a few seconds, he sighed and looked down. After all, this was still his best option. 'Fine,' he muttered and turned around, holding his tied hands up to her.

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 11:35 AM
Moving forward Kyda grabbed the bracelet and unlocked the cell door. Letting the door swing open she waited for him to step out into the open.

NoviDome
09-22-2014, 11:42 AM
The man looked at her over his shoulder when she didn't untie his hands like he had expected. Raising an eyebrow, he turned back towards her and stepped outside. Of course, now was his chance to flee, but he'd grown rather curious about the whole situation, and even though he was very practiced at it, escaping with tied hands still wasn't his expertise. So, he calmly turned his back to her again, waiting for her to untie the rope around his wrists.

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 11:53 AM
Stepping up to him Kyda firstly pushed the rope up the mans right arm a little ways so that she cold slip the bracelet on before undoing the ropes. With the bracelet in place she un did the knot and let the rope fall to the ground.
"Ok now that is done, I think a proper introduction is in order. Im princesses Kyda Fa-Torren, my friends call me Kyda." the princesses extended her hand inviting the man to shake it.

NoviDome
09-22-2014, 11:58 AM
He turned around, rubbing his wrists where the rope had been. With a small smirk on his face, he shook her hand. 'Jacob. Pleasure formally meeting you,' he replied.

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 12:03 PM
Kyda smiled and held onto his hand a few seconds longer then necessary.
"Pleasure is all mine im sure." She replied. "Come on we can start in the dinning hall, I think the magic came from a letter my father received." Heading back up the stairs Kyda showed Jacob the way to the dinning hall. Only stopping when she reached the doors. She couldn't bring herself to open them, not really wanting to believe her parents had been turned into statues.

NoviDome
09-22-2014, 12:12 PM
Jacob followed her, his hands tucked into his pockets. He stopped for a second when she did, but then stepped on, going past her and pushing the doors open.
The dining hall looked like a museum, with statues scattered around the room. His jaw dropping slightly, Jacob looked around and started strolling about, taking close looks at the statues. When he reached the king, his lips curled into a sinister smirk. Standing in front of him, he gently knocked on the king's chest, and then laid his ear on the cold stone to listen for a heartbeat. He heard none. 'Wicked,' he mumbled and then turned to Kyda, disregarding the emotional turmoil she was probably experiencing. 'I will need my daggers back.'

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 12:18 PM
Kyda jumped a bit when Jacob addressed her, she looked around the room and stepped in cautiously.
"Oh um, im not sure where they would be keeping them..." Kyda said almost in a daze as she made her way to the table.

NoviDome
09-22-2014, 12:25 PM
He looked at her for a few moments, keeping silent. He knew she was probably having quite some trouble with all this, but to be frank he didn't think too much about it. He looked back at the statue of the king, biting his lip. 'Hey what does the bracelet do if I hurt your dad?' he asked curiously.

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 12:29 PM
"The bracelet wont do anything but I might." She muttered picking up the letter and examining it. She didn't see anything out of the ordinary with the parchment but she was sure the mist had come from the paper.

NoviDome
09-22-2014, 12:33 PM
'Hmm...' Jacob mumbled and started scratching the king's cheek with a fork from the table, just to see what would happen.

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 01:09 PM
Kyda glanced up in time to see Jacob scratching her father cheek with a fork, picking up a beard roll she throw it at Jacobs head hard.
"Stop it and come and read this." She said waving the piece of paper at him.

NoviDome
09-22-2014, 01:13 PM
He flinched when the bread hit his head and he looked over his shoulder at her, grinning slightly. 'Alright, alright. What does it say?'

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 01:17 PM
Kyda looked at the paper and frowned.
"I have no idea what it says the words make no sense to me." She said throwing the paper onto the table frustrated.

NoviDome
09-22-2014, 01:30 PM
Jacob snatched the letter from the table and looked it over. 'Hey, I've seen this language before...' he mumbled, scratching his head, and looked up at Kyda. 'We had books filled with strange words like these at home when I was a little kid... I never read them though.'

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 01:35 PM
"Do you know what it says?" She asked moving around the table to stand next to Jacob looking over his shoulder.

NoviDome
09-22-2014, 01:46 PM
He shrugged his shoulders, still looking at the paper. 'Not a clue. It was only a few books, and like I said I never read any of them... But I do remember the covers calling it "Run'du", I believe...'

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 01:56 PM
Kyda sighed and stepped back rubbing her hands over her face in frustration. What was she going to do.
"Well do you know anyone that does know how to read it?" She asked flopping into a chair.

NoviDome
09-22-2014, 01:58 PM
He looked at her, a swift glimpse of an idea in his eye, but it left as soon as it had come and he turned his attention back to the paper. '...No.'

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 02:27 PM
"Great that's just brilliant, what am I going to do? I cant run the kingdom im not old enough, I have no experience.... oh god what if big brother has been effected by this as well..." Kyda started to ramble getting up and pacing the room talking more to herself then Jacob as she went on. Running her fingers through her hair and playing with the sleeves of her gown, it was an amusing sight as every time she did one of those things she also tried to stop herself all her mothers princesses rules popping unconsciously into her head.

NoviDome
09-22-2014, 02:36 PM
Jacob looked up from the letter, grinning softly at the sight of Kyda bobbing from left to right. 'Would you calm down? I can't imagine there's nobody in this kingdom that can't help you with this.'

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 02:38 PM
Kyda stopped and bit her lip fiddling with the hem of her sleeves again.
"But I don't know anyone and ive never been further then the market just outside the palace walls, I wouldn't even know where to start." She groaned in frustration, stressing herself to the point of almost crying.

NoviDome
09-22-2014, 02:42 PM
Jacob watched her panic for a few moments before looking at the letter again, thinking about the idea that had fluttered through his mind, but that he had banished as quickly as possible.

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 03:20 PM
Sitting down again Kyda put her head in her hands and cried silently. She didn't know what to do, her only help was a guy who would probably kill her the minute that bracelet was taken off, she couldn't read the only clue to what happened. She just felt completely useless. A pretty little princesses in distress, and she hated it. Wiping her eyes she hugged herself knowing there was no chance of getting comfort from Jacob.

NoviDome
09-22-2014, 03:27 PM
Jacob (http://fav.me/d804y3n) shook his head, dismissing the thought once more, and looked up at Kyda. His expression changed slightly when he saw she was crying, and instinctively he got up from leaning on the table. After a glance at what used to be her parents, he stepped closer to her, tucking the letter into his pocket. 'Let's go,' he said, holding out his hand to her to help her up. 'We find my daggers and then we head to town.'

KittyKatAlly
09-22-2014, 11:49 PM
Wiping her eyes Kyda looked up at the man then at his hand. Hesitating for a second Kyda slowly extended her hand and took Jacobs allowing him to pull her up.
"Alright... I should probably get changed as well, I don't think a dress like this would stand up to long while running around." Kyda mused picking at her skirt.

NoviDome
09-23-2014, 08:47 AM
He looked her over, grinning slightly. 'Fair enough... Get changed, I'll find my daggers, we meet back here,' he said and turned around to walk back to the dungeons, but after two steps he stopped suddenly, and turned back around. 'Does splitting up count as leaving you?' he asked, holding up the hand with the bracelet on it.

KittyKatAlly
09-23-2014, 09:10 AM
Kyda bit her lip thinking for a second, she wasn't exactly sure how it work but she thought that if she gave permission or if the wearer wasn't trying to get away it should be fine.
"Umm. You should be fine, as long as its not an attempt to leave me for good you should be fine." She said shrugging her shoulders looking kinda uncertain. "But it wont kill you it will just start to hurt a bit, so I guess if it starts hurting come find me..." she smiled nervously not sure how he would react to her lack of solid knowledge on the subject.

NoviDome
09-23-2014, 09:18 AM
He raised an eyebrow, pressing his lips into a thin line, and let out a sigh. 'Great. That's just great,' he mumbled and turned once more to make his way back to where he had last seen his weapons.

KittyKatAlly
09-23-2014, 09:28 AM
Kyda rubbed the back of her head looking around the room. She sighed and stepped around the dinning table and up to her parents touching their cheeks gently.
"Ill save you, I promise." She whispered turning to look at the others in the room a determined look on her face. "All of you." Stepping back she curtsied to her parents then walked out of the room confidently.

Back in her rooms she looked over her wardrobe frowning. She couldn't find her commoner cloths anywhere, she searched through her room and even in the wash basket but nothing. Finally after what seemed like forever she found them boxed up and hidden in her wash room. Pulling them out she quickly got changed and put her hair up into a coiled braid that sat at the back of her head. she left her bangs hanging free rather then pin them back like normal. Stepping back into her room she sat on her bed and began to put her boots on.

NoviDome
09-23-2014, 09:42 AM
Jacob had made his way back down the stairs that lead to the dungeons and stepped through the door, finding the frozen guard he had been tossing pebbles at. 'G'day,' he mumbled to the statue absentmindedly and wandered around, looking for cabinets, hooks, any place they could have stored his knives. But the halls were bare. Jacob sighed, annoyed, and looked at the bracelet around his wrist. 'Stupid...' he mumbled to himself and tried to take the bracelet off: a decision he instantly regretted. The thing sent a bolt of pain up his arm and into his chest, and with a groan Jacob fell to his knees, letting go. 'Son of a BITCH,' he grumbled, panting slightly.

(sorry about the swearing, it suits his character ^^)

KittyKatAlly
09-23-2014, 09:48 AM
Boots now on her feet Kyda grabbed a satchel out of her wardrobe and started to think about things they may need for the trip. She wasn't sure why but she had a gut feeling that the magic that happened in the palace wasn't going to be restricted to it. Looking around her room she decided there was nothing in there that was going to be of much use so she headed back to the dinning hall to wait for Jacob.

(swearing is fine if it fits the situation, being shocked by jewellery is one i would count, and isn't every second word ^^)

NoviDome
09-23-2014, 09:58 AM
Jacob rolled over onto his back, spreading his arms on the floor. What was he thinking letting her put that stupid bracelet on him... Any sympathy he had felt for her in the dining room had vanished. He needed his freedom. Who said he wouldn't have been able to break out of that cell on his own with no one standing on guard?

When he had caught his breath, he sat back up, looking around. And then his eye was caught by something dangling from the guard's chair. 'My belt,' he mumbled and jumped to his feet, walking over. It was his belt indeed, firmly clutched in the stone grip of the guard's hand. Jacob shook his head and grabbed a rock from the floor. With a quick motion, he slammed the rock down onto the statue's fingers, breaking them off with ease. 'Sorry about that,' he said with a grin. The stone fingers rained down on the floor, and before the dust had settled, Jacob had seized his belt and made his way back up the stairs.

KittyKatAlly
09-23-2014, 10:02 AM
Kyda sat in her chair at the table picking apart one of the many flowers that decorated its vast length waiting got Jacob to return. Heaving a heavy sigh she lightly tossed the now mangled plant away and slouched crossing her arms over her chest.
"What could be taking so long, its not like they would have hidden them." She grumbled to herself reaching forward and picking up another flower.

NoviDome
09-23-2014, 10:09 AM
Jacob kicked the doors to the dining room open, for his hands were busy strapping on his belt. However, he couldn't deny that this was way more fun than simply pushing the doors open. With a quick glance at Kyda, he looked around. 'Where's the exit?' he asked shortly, finishing the securing of his belt.

KittyKatAlly
09-23-2014, 10:17 AM
Kyda got to her feet and grabbed her bag putting it over her head so it sat diagonal on her.
"Back this way. Did the bracelet give you any trouble?" She asked walking past him and down the hall.

NoviDome
09-23-2014, 10:20 AM
He watched her go, narrowing his eye. '...Not at all,' he muttered and followed her. The sooner he got this over with, the better.

KittyKatAlly
09-23-2014, 10:46 AM
Kyda lead him down a maze of halls through different rooms and corridors until they finally made it to the front doors. Kyda reached for the door handle hesitated as she grasped the handle scared of what she would find beyond what she had thought was a safe place.

NoviDome
09-23-2014, 11:08 AM
Jacob crossed his arms, tapping his fingers impatiently. 'Let's get a move on, shall we?' Despite his understanding of the fact that this was a very difficult situation for her, he had little patience for emotional delay.

KittyKatAlly
09-23-2014, 11:18 AM
Taking a deep breath Kyda grasped the handle tightly and pulled. Stepping out into the sun Kyda couldn't help the gasp as she looked around the gardens that separated the main doors from the gate and saw the statues figures of the gardeners and guards.
"Oh gods how far did this go..." She asked not really expecting an answer from her sour companion.

NoviDome
09-23-2014, 11:24 AM
Jacob, however, was smiling ear to ear at the sight and stepped outside to look around. 'So this happened outside as well, huh...' he mumbled to himself and walked over to one of the gardeners, looking him over. If the entire town was like this, he couldn't wait to get to exploring. Everybody's goods just lying there, free for the taking...

KittyKatAlly
09-23-2014, 11:29 AM
Walking down the steps Kyda went up to one of the guards and gently poked his chest.
"We need to get this fixed and fast. Where are we going?" She asked making her way over to the gate.

NoviDome
09-23-2014, 11:32 AM
'Are you kidding? This is paradise... We're going to town,' Jacob replied and walked over to the gate. He grabbed the big lever, lifted it up and swung the gate open, stepping out.

KittyKatAlly
09-23-2014, 11:43 AM
Kyda followed behind bracing herself for the scene she was sure was before them. How right she was, the streets where filled with unmoving people from young to old. Kyda followed Jacob through the sea of people frowning as she caught him eye peoples purses and the goods at the various stalls.

NoviDome
09-23-2014, 12:01 PM
A broad smirk appeared on Jacob's face when they reached the center square, where most of the market's business normally took place. Snatching a nicely roasted drumstick from one of the stalls, he took a bite as he strolled around, his eye all over the place like a kid in a candy store. It wasn't hot anymore, but that didn't bother Jacob; it had been long since he'd had this kind of food.

Since he'd been living in this town for quite a while now, people had started to recognize him every now and again. These last weeks, he had had to be more careful. But now... Now, he could do whatever he wanted.

He stopped for a moment when his eye was caught by a stall to his right. The salesman was frozen in an inviting pose, his stone gaze fixed on the crowd of statues in front of him. People seemed to have been gathering around for his goods, which came as no surprise to Jacob when he saw what the man had been selling: a large collection of gorgeous rings and other jewelry, made out of the most expensive materials such as gold and silver.

But, to get to them he'd have to get past the large mass of stone standing in his way. This seemed easily overcome, however, when he spotted a small boy at the edge of the crowd. Grabbing what he assumed had been his father's shoulder, he jumped onto the boys head and then stepped onto the shoulders of the bigger man he had been using to keep his balance. Treading over the crowd's heads like they were stepping stones, he soon made it to the front and jumped down. Before him, he beheld a wide variety of riches. The drumstick slipped out of his hand and without hesitation he slid on a few rings, snatched a dozen of necklaces and with a grin, tossed the most elaborate tiara into the air and caught it with his head.

KittyKatAlly
09-23-2014, 12:10 PM
Kyda watched on in amazement as Jacob climbed over people to get to a particularly crowded stall. Being thinner then then Jacob Kyda managed to squeeze way through the stone crowed.
"What are you doing?!? We don't have time for this." Kyda scolded grabbing the tiara off of Jacobs head.

NoviDome
09-23-2014, 12:22 PM
Jacob grinned, grabbing another tiara and dropping it on her head. 'Sure we do, princess. We have all the time in the world...' He fell silent when he spotted movement to his left. His smile faded and he grabbed one of his daggers. 'Stay here,' he ordered and climbed back over the stone crowd, dropping back down into the square. He pulled his mask over his mouth and nose and stalked forward. 'Who's there?' he asked cautiously, upon which the greasy face of the youngster he had spoken to the day before popped out from behind one of the statues. 'Sir!' he exclaimed and emerged, his shirt stained with oil and sauce. Clearly he had been raiding food stalls the entire morning. 'Sir, methought you were bus'ed! Why didn' you show up?' Jacob groaned softly and dashed over to him, covering his mouth. 'Shut up, will you?!'

KittyKatAlly
09-23-2014, 12:32 PM
Kyda pulled the tiara off of her head scowling at Jacobs retreating form. Making her way back through the statues she finally managed to squeeze her way back out.
"Jacob what are you doing.... Oh" She said stopping shirt as she saw the child he was speaking with.

NoviDome
09-23-2014, 12:38 PM
As soon as the youngster spotted the princess, his eyes grew wide. He tried to shout something, but Jacob's hand over his mouth prevented him from uttering anything intelligible. 'Scram, now,' Jacob hissed in his ear and pushed him backwards. The chubby kid almost tipped over, but managed to stay on his feet.

KittyKatAlly
09-23-2014, 12:46 PM
"Hay don't push him around." Kyda scolded pushing Jacob away from the kid and kneeling down. "Did you see what happened out here?." She asked helping the child right himself.

NoviDome
09-23-2014, 12:51 PM
The youngster stared at the princess, starstruck. '...N-Nah, your majes'y, everybody jus' turned to sto-' He stopped when Jacob gave him a threatening look, pointing towards a street that lead away from the square with his dagger. 'B-Bu' maybe A should get goin'...'

KittyKatAlly
09-23-2014, 01:03 PM
Kyda glanced over her shoulder and glared at Jacob catching the direction of his dagger. "Ignore the brute and talk to me. He wont hurt you while I'm here." Kyda said raising her voice for the last sentence making sure Jacob knew it was directed to him.

NoviDome
09-23-2014, 01:21 PM
Jacob let out an annoyed grumble and crossed his arms, his staring eye locked on the boy's face. 'A-A was jus' really hungry your majes'y, please forgive me fo' ge'ing meself some'n to eat... A-A know stealin' ain' right, your majes'y...' 'Oh, cut the crap!' Jacob exclaimed and seized the youngster's collar, dragging him away. 'Get lost,' he told him as he tossed the boy towards the edge of the square. 'Y-Y-Yessir, sorry sir,' he replied timidly as he scrambled to his feet.

KittyKatAlly
09-23-2014, 01:32 PM
"Jacob!" Kyda exclaimed getting to her feet and grabbing the arm Jacob used to push the child away with. She watched annoyed as the child ran away obviously scared of her companion.
"Why did you do that." She asked pulling his mask down so that she could see his face properly.

NoviDome
09-23-2014, 01:37 PM
Jacob gave her an angry look. 'He's no good, alright? I know that kid, he...' Jacob paused for a split second. 'He's no good. I don't want him around.' With that, he jerked his arm free and turned around to walk back to the stalls.

KittyKatAlly
09-23-2014, 01:53 PM
Kyda just gapped at Jacob as he jerked his arm out of her grasp. She just couldn't get her head around this man, she was sure if she ever removed the bracelet he would no doubt leave and not look back, maybe even leaving her with a knife in her back if he had the chance. Looking back at where the child had disappeared she sighed and rubbed her hands over her face not knowing anyone else to turn to, she was stuck with him. Looking back over her shoulder she located Jacob and walked over.
"Come on we need to get going."

NoviDome
09-23-2014, 02:00 PM
Jacob had found a stall that sold weapons, and was intently inspecting a set of throwing knives. 'Where to?' he asked, taking one and tossing it at the salesman. The blade's tip hit his shoulder and stayed there, firmly stuck in the stone.

KittyKatAlly
09-23-2014, 02:03 PM
"Ok first stop mutuality people and second your meant to be showing me where to go." Kyda growled out tapping her foot impatiently. She eyed the weapons around her thanking her forward thinking in putting the bracelet on him as the look he gave her was one of murder.

NoviDome
09-23-2014, 02:08 PM
Jacob was well aware of what would happen if he hurt her, but by now he was already starting to wonder if it might be worth it. 'I told you everything I know, if that's not enough you should find a library,' he remarked, eyeing the wide variety of swords hanging from one of the racks.

KittyKatAlly
09-23-2014, 02:14 PM
"You said you knew someone that could help us... Help me." Kyda said in disbelief. "You do remember your tied to me until you help me fix this."

NoviDome
09-23-2014, 02:27 PM
'I said I didn't know anyone, alright? The library's your best option,' he repeated as he strapped the set of throwing knives around his right leg.

KittyKatAlly
09-23-2014, 02:33 PM
Kyda groaned and stamped her foot acting like a spoilt princesses for the first time that day.
"Well take me there, I don't know where it is." She demanded almost commanded putting on her best authoritative face. It didn't look very authoritative though, she just looked like a child.

NoviDome
09-23-2014, 03:01 PM
Jacob gave her a demeaning look and then grabbed a slim sword from the rack, swinging it around. 'Very well, but just because I'd be happy to get this over with,' he said and laid the sword over his shoulder, putting his other hand in his pocket. 'This way, your majesty,' he called out, sarcastically emphasizing the last two words, and started walking.

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 12:12 AM
Kyda huffed and followed along behind Jacob slightly ashamed of how she had acted, but at times she just didn't even realise she was doing. The two walked in silence through the frozen city weaving on and out of the statured citizens until they came to the steps of the city's library.
"Ummm Jacob... look im sorry if I uh was acting a little.... um spoilt." Kyda mumbled out scratching the bridge of her nose nervously.

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 06:19 AM
Jacob looked at her, and couldn't help but smirk slightly at her apology. 'Up you go,' he said with a nudge towards the stairs that lead to the library doors.

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 06:33 AM
Kyda nodded and walked up the stairs and made her way into the library. Looking at the rows upon rows of books she was sure where to start. Turning to the front desk she walked around the side and found the book index.
"What is the language called again?" She asked Jacob flicking through the pages.

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 06:51 AM
'Run'du, I believe,' he replied absentmindedly as he was captivated by the literary riches around him. He slid a book out of one of the cabinets, reading the cover. 'Hidden treasure...' he mumbled to himself and opened the book to see what it was all about.

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 07:08 AM
Kyda flicked through the pages of the index looking for any mention of Run'du getting more and more frustrated as nothing showed up.
"What do you know about the language? You know where its from or anything like that?" She called out closing the index as she couldn't find any mention of it in the book.

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 07:14 AM
'No idea,' he replied shortly, clearly more interested in the book he had just opened than the conversation with Kyda.

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 07:24 AM
Kyda groaned in frustration and pushed the book away roughly, sitting down heavily in the vacant chair behind the desk.
"You could at least pretend to want to help." She muttered under her breath glaring at Jacob. glancing down she found a piece of parchment that had been scribbled on, a cheeky smile came over her face as she picked it up and scrunched it into a ball, giving it a small test throw in the air she glanced at Jacob and throw the paper ball at him hitting him square in the head.

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 07:30 AM
Jacob barely batted an eyelid, but he did look up from his book, a small smirk on his face. 'So that's how this works, hm? I can't hurt you, but you can do whatever you like to me, is that right?'

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 07:35 AM
Kyda crossed her arm and poked her tongue out at him scrunching her nose up as well.
"Ummm yeah." She said giving him her most innocent look and batting her eyelashes.

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 07:38 AM
Jacob grinned and swung the sword he had stolen around, stepping closer to her. 'Are you sure about that, princess?' he asked her with a threatening, yet joking tone.

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 07:42 AM
Kyda stood up her hands on her hips a playful smirk on her face.
"Yes I am sure of that sir, as you said I am the princess." She flicked a loose strand of hair with her hand making no move to back down from Jacob.

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 07:46 AM
His smirk grew broader and with another step, he planted the sword right into the desk, mere inches away from her, and looked her in the eye. 'Are you absolutely certain...?'

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 07:50 AM
To her credit Kyda didn't even flinch as the sword buried itself into the desk, instead her heart sped up and her stomach began to flutter. She had never experienced this kind of feeling before and she wasn't sure if it was a good thing or not.
"A princesses is always certain." She said quoting her mother.

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 07:54 AM
His gaze lingered on her eyes for a few more moments before he turned around, leaving the sword where it was. 'We'll see about that,' he said with an ominous grin as he marched back to the cabinets.

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 07:58 AM
Kyda watched him walk away nervous and worried about what he had planned. She grabbed the handle of the sword and tried to pull it out of the desk with no luck. Not certain that being behind the desk was the best idea anymore she stepped out trying to prepare herself for whatever he through at her.

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 08:01 AM
Jacob, however, calmly went back to reading the book he had found, showing no intention of attacking her.

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 08:05 AM
Kyda gapped for a second then closing her mouth she smirked before picking up another piece of paper balling it up and throwing it at him.
"Two can play at this game little man." Kyda taunted getting another piece of paper ready.

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 08:08 AM
He looked up at her again, running a hand through his hair. 'You're the only one playing, miss.'

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 08:30 AM
Kyda huffed and walked over grabbing he book out of his hands and reading over the page he was on.
"That's a shame mother always said the handsome ones where the fun ones, but then again she could be wrong."

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 08:34 AM
He let out a laugh at her remark and snatched the book back from her hands. 'Just you wait until I get rid of this bracelet of yours, we'll see who's the fun one then...'

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 08:37 AM
Kyda frowned and gave him a look.
"That doesn't sound like the kind of fun I was talking about. You just dangerous." snatching the book back she took a couple of quick steps to the counter out of his reach.
"Come on now idea's. If we cant find anything here where else can we go? I don't fancy spending days looking through every book in here on the off chance we will find something."

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 08:48 AM
Jacob kept silent, biting the inside of his cheek. The idea he'd had at the castle fluttered back into his mind, but he expelled it, thinking there must be another way.
Strolling into one of the aisles, he let his eye race across the books, trying to come up with another idea.

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 08:57 AM
Watching Jacob walk away from her again Kyda dropped the book he had been reading on the desk and rubbed her hands over her face for what felt like the millionth time that day. Deciding he was going to be a useful as a bag of potatoes Kyda turned and wandered up to the second floor of the library running her own eyes over the covers hoping something would stand out. Nothing did. Finding a reading nook hidden at the far end of the top floor Kyda sat down bringing her knees up hugging them and rest her chin on them.
"Who could have done this?" she asked herself realising that was the one question she had failed to ask all day. "Who could possibly hate my father so much that they would do this.... and why didn't I or Jacob turner to stone with them." Thinking it over she thought back to the child in the market place, he too had escaped the spell somehow. "I hate magic."

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 09:08 AM
Jacob strolled along the cabinets, his mind wandering back to the letter. Whatever had happened, it must have been caused by some kind of spell. So, it was very likely for the language on the letter to be one of sorcerers, but there were many. But why would his f-... that... Why would he have books about that language...?

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 09:14 AM
Kyda closed her eyes and rested her forehead on her knees resting for a moment, but a moment turned into a minute and more soon she was asleep the emotional stress of the day catching up with her.

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 09:22 AM
Jacob shook his head, thinking it must have been just some stupid hobby of him. The... the man had many, he thought bitterly.
Jacob walked back over to the desk, searching the index for 'magic' and 'sorcery' this time. To his relief, he found a title: "Encyclopedia of magic, sorcery and the dark arts." He glanced at the description of the book's location and walked all the way to the back of the library, where the index said it was supposed to be, only to find an empty shelf. Jacob growled softly to himself, figuring that somebody must have lent it. He marched back over to the desk and searched the drawers and cabinets for a list of borrowers.

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 09:31 AM
Kyda slowly forced herself to wake up rubbing her eyes she stretched out and yawned. Looking around her, her eyes fell on an old book that was sitting on the table in front of her. Bringing the book over she read the title.
"Encyclopedia of magic, sorcery and the dark arts." She muttered to herself. Opening the cover she began to read through the book.

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 09:37 AM
It wasn't too long before Jacob found the list he had been looking for. Strangely enough, it didn't say anyone had taken the book with them. Frustrated, he tossed the list back into the drawer and slammed it shut. There was no way, NO WAY that he would go to him. Not in a million years.

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 10:14 AM
Kyda jumped as she heard a draw slam downstairs closing the books she hugged it to her chest and made her way back down to the desk.
"Jacob I think I found something." Kyda called jumping down the last few steps.

(im thinking the pages they need would be ripped out)

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 10:23 AM
Jacob looked over his shoulder when she came back downstairs, curious as to what book she had found. 'What is it?'

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 10:26 AM
walking quickly over to the desk Kyda placed the book on the counter turning it to face Jacob.
"Do you think this could help?"

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 10:32 AM
Jacob's eye widened slightly when he read the title and he quickly opened it, looking for the table of contents. 'I was just looking for this... Where did you find it?' he asked as his finger crept over the chapters, searching for a part about alphabets and languages.

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 10:37 AM
Kyda shrugged and pointed upstairs to where she was sitting.
"Up there in the back corner. So you think it could help?" She asked getting her hopes up.

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 10:40 AM
His finger stopped on a line that read "language overview, page 341." 'Definitely,' he mumbled and quickly flitted through the book, looking for the right page.

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 10:46 AM
Kyda watched intently as Jacob flipped through the book trusting his knowledge on this. She was hoping beyond hope that saving her family would be this easy but she new in her gut that it might not be.

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 10:49 AM
His eye focused on the page numbers in the bottom right corner, he stopped suddenly when he saw them jump from 339 to 391. 'What the...' he muttered and went back, only to find a bunch of pages missing. 'No, come on...' He checked the page numbers again, but there was no denying it: the pages they needed were gone.

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 10:50 AM
"It was to good to be true hu?" Kyda asked utter disappointment written all over her face.

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 10:57 AM
Jacob clenched a fist and shoved the book off the desk with a growl. A loud thump echoed around the room as it hit the floor, sending a cloud of dust into the air.

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 11:01 AM
Kyda jumped back a bit as Jacob pushed the book off of the desk in anger. Bending down she picked the book up and fixed its pages gently feeling tears prickle at the edges of her eyes.
"Any ideas now..." She whispered not really trusting herself not to try if she spoke any louder.

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 11:04 AM
Jacob crossed his arms, looking at his feet. '...No, you?'

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 11:07 AM
Kyda shook her head the tears escaping rolling down her cheeks. She turned her back to Jacob slid down the desk, sitting on the floor she leaned against the desk hugging the book to her.
"I don't know what to do....." She whispered more to herself.

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 11:15 AM
Jacob tapped his fingers impatiently, grumbling softly. Some part of him wanted to speak up so he could solve this, for himself but for Kyda as well. But the rest of him couldn't care less about this stupid spell and the stupid king, and wouldn't care much if everybody else stayed like this forever.

He looked at Kyda, letting out a sigh. Maybe he could steal the books he had and leave unnoticed... Maybe it was worth a shot...

'Follow me,' he said reluctantly, pulling the sword out of the desk with ease, and walking to the exit.

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 11:20 AM
Kyda scrambled to her feet, putting the book in her bag she followed Jacob out of the library and back into the streets. They again weaved in and out of the stone citizens not seeing another living soul in the area.
"Jacob where are we going?" She asked dodging yet another statured person.

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 11:24 AM
'A far way west,' he replied, not looking at her. The last thing he wanted right now was to explain to her who they were going to try and reach.

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 11:32 AM
Kyda followed on in silence for the next few blocks occasionally tripping on the foot of a person or a small child. She was positive she would be covered in bruises by nightfall.
"I didn't think this place was sooo big." She exclaimed her feet beginning to hurt. She had never done so much walking in her life.

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 11:36 AM
Jacob kept his gaze on the road. 'If you think this place is big, brace yourself... Our destination lies beyond the boundaries of this city.'

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 11:40 AM
"Out side the city?!?" Kyda exclaimed trying to catch up to Jacob so she could talk to him properly. "Jacob I've never left the city.... This is my first time out of the market place, couldn't you tell me where exactly we are going?"

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 11:46 AM
He sighed, looking down. 'A little town called Hillvue... If we walk at a steady pace, we can get there in about four days,' he said and looked back up at the road. 'But if we can find a pair of horses, we should be able to do it in two, maybe three.'

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 11:58 AM
Kyda stopped dead in her tracks her mouth open.
"Jacob I cant do that! My feet are already hurting and I've never ridden a horse in my life." She ran to catch up with him. "I think you forget I'm a very pathetically sheltered girl."

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 12:00 PM
He grinned slightly, finally looking at her. 'You'll learn, it's not that hard.'

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 12:06 PM
"Which activity the walking or the riding? Horses are terrifying they smell and slobber..." Kyda stopped herself as a whine started to appear in her voice, she took a deep breath and let it go slowly looking at Jacob seriously. "Lead on, ill do what needs to be done."

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 12:10 PM
Jacob raised his eyebrows, surprised by her perseverance. 'Very well...' he mumbled and looked ahead again. 'You'll be alright.'

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 12:14 PM
"You say that now..." Kyda muttered under her breath. Looking at Jacob she waited for him to make a move, she was hopelessly lost and she was sure her heels where bleeding her feet not being use to this kind of abuse.

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 12:25 PM
Jacob glanced at her, noticing the painful manner with which she was walking. For a moment, he considered carrying her until they found horses, but his pride prevented him from actually offering it and he looked back ahead. Making his way through the frozen city, he couldn't deny an eerie feeling, and he tucked his hands in his pockets again.

Some time later, they reached the outskirts of the city, where the small houses slowly gave way to bigger villas and farms. Jacob glanced inside through the large windows, but saw no movement inside. 'I guess the spell didn't limit itself to the big town...'

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 12:30 PM
Kyda didn't reply just nodded her head she had spent the last block crying quietly her feet in utter agony. She didn't want to speak up though, knowing that she had to get through this if she wanted to help her parents and her people.
"Um Jacob is there any chance you could.... Um... Break in somewhere and get some bandages?"

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 12:37 PM
He stopped, keeping his gaze on one of the mansions. 'That bad, huh?' he asked her and gave her a quick glance before walking to the door of the mansion. 'Let's see what we can do...' he mumbled, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a shim. With one easy movement, he forced the padlock on the front door open and dropped it, pushing the door open.

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 12:43 PM
Kyda walked in behind Jacob and flopped onto one of the expensive chairs in the lounge. Taking a second to brace herself she pulled off her boots cringing as her stockings where revealed. There where holes all through the foot and the back was soaked in blood.

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 12:48 PM
Jacob's eye widened when he saw her feet and he knelt down, gently taking hold of one of her legs. This was clearly worse than he had expected. 'I'm sorry, but this is probably going to hurt,' he said as he started to take her stockings off.

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 12:57 PM
Kyda choked back a sob as the stockings where peeled away from her feet. She couldn't believe how delicate she was, it was almost shameful.
"I'm sorry, this is horrible." She apologised weakly wiping her eyes.

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 01:02 PM
Jacob shook his head, dismissing her apology. Though he didn't particularly like her, he knew this was something he couldn't blame her for.
When he had taken her stockings off, he got up and placed them on the table. 'I'm going to find bandages. Try not to focus on the pain,' he told her and left the room.

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 01:16 PM
"Yeah sure no problem." Kyda gritted out sarcastically tears rolling down her cheeks. "God I am so useless." She groan to herself looking her feet over. They hadn't even left the city and she was already like this what was she going to be like after a few days.

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 01:20 PM
Jacob returned shortly after with two small rolls of bandages and a damp cloth. He knelt down again, placing the bandages on the floor. 'Prepare, this might sting,' he said and very gently cleaned her feet with the cloth.

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 01:26 PM
Kyda hissed and tried her best to not pull away from the wet cloth. If she wasn't in so much pain she would have been truly fascinated with how gentle he was being. As she watched Jacob clean her feet up she got the strange fluttering feeling in her stomach again. She was beginning to like that feeling.
"So um Jacob, tell me a little about yourself?" She asked.

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 01:32 PM
He looked up at her, a slight grin of disbelief on his face. When he saw she was serious, he chuckled softly and continued cleaning her feet, shaking his head. 'I'd rather not.'

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 01:38 PM
Kyda pouted cutely at Jacobs refusal.
"Why not? Someone as mysterious looking as you must of had an interesting childhood."

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 01:43 PM
'Please don't,' he said without looking up, his tone more serious this time. He finished cleaning her feet and started to wrap them up with the bandages in silence.

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 01:50 PM
"Sorry." She whispered backing down, not wanting him mad at her. She decided it would be best to keep quiet as he finished wrapping her feet.

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 01:54 PM
When he was done, Jacob stood up, looking at her. 'Are you okay?' he asked her, seeming to genuinely care.

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 01:57 PM
Kyda smiled and wiped her eyes.
"I'm going to have to be aren't I? We need to do this,I need to do this." Kyda tried to get up almost crying out as pain shot through her feet.

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 01:59 PM
Jacob quickly grabbed her shoulders, supporting her so she could take her weight off her feet, and gently eased her back into the chair. 'Alright, that's not happening yet. Stay where you are, I'm going to find us some horses.'

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 02:03 PM
Kyda nodded mutely her breathing coming hard.
"I don't know how to ride." She reminded him weakly. She wasn't even sure she could ride with her feet like this even if she did know how.

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 02:05 PM
He nodded, understanding. 'I know. But I do,' he said before turning and leaving the mansion, making his way to the nearest farm.

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 02:12 PM
After a few failed attempts to stand and more at walking Kyda finally made it into the owners bedroom. Taking a rest on the bed she looked around trying to work out if she new the noble or merchant that lived there. Not seeing anything recognisable she started to go through the draws. She needed new stockings, thick ones that could take the long and hard use they where going to get. Finding exactly what she needed Kyda put the new stockings on over the bandages and sighed in relief laying back on the bed. Not sure how long Jacob would be she decided to take a nap.

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 02:20 PM
In these parts, it didn't take Jacob too long to find a large farm. After breaking into the stables, he found a row of healthy horses. A relieved smirk spread across his face and he looked them over one by one, hoping to find the ones that could take them the furthest. Eventually, he decided on two strong stallions, one an even mahogany colour, and one white with black spots. Once he had freed them, he lead them out of their stables, firmly holding their reins. He didn't want to ride one of them already: they'd need all their energy for the journey ahead.

Jacob tied the horses to the porch of the mansion he had left Kyda in and went back inside. When he stepped into the living room, he froze, seeing the chair he had expected to find Kyda in empty. 'Kyda?' he asked cautiously, realizing this was the first time he actually called her by her name. Not getting a response, he reached for his daggers, worried something might have happened. Not that he worried so much about the girl, he thought to himself, but the bracelet might start acting up, too. 'KYDA?' he called again, straining his ears.

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 02:57 PM
Kyda stirred slightly thinking she heard someone call her name. Sitting up in the bed she rubbed her eyes and called back.
"Up stairs second room on the left." She laid back down the bed she was laying on just to comfortable for its own good.

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 03:02 PM
Jacob let out a sigh and walked over to the stairs. 'I got the horses, we can get back on the road,' he called out to her, figuring that if she made it up the stairs by herself, she could make it back down too.

KittyKatAlly
09-24-2014, 03:12 PM
Kyda lay there for a second trying to work up the courage to stand again. Taking a deep breath she sat up and swung her legs over the edge of the bed and attempted to stand. She yelled out in pain as she stood collapsing to the floor almost instantly.
"That was not a good idea." She groaned out getting to her knees.

NoviDome
09-24-2014, 03:16 PM
Jacob heard her scream and rubbed his temples before rushing up the stairs. 'Kyda? Are you alright?' he asked, concerned and annoyed at the same time. When he saw her on the floor, he sighed quickly before lifting her up.

KittyKatAlly
09-25-2014, 03:53 AM
Kyda gladly accepted Jacobs help, she didn't know why she had thought she could walk straight away when it had taken several goes the first time. Jacob placed her back on the bed, she could tell he wasn't happy with her. This was going to be a long journey.
"Im sorry, give me a second and ill try again."

NoviDome
09-25-2014, 05:25 AM
Jacob stood back up, disbelief in his eye. 'Are you sure? Shouldn't you cut your feet some slack?'

KittyKatAlly
09-25-2014, 05:44 AM
Kyda sighed hugged herself looking down at her feet angrily.
"Probably but we need to keep moving, I need to fix this fast." She said determination bright in her eyes.

NoviDome
09-25-2014, 05:49 AM
Jacob looked at her for a moment before taking a step back, giving her space to try again.

KittyKatAlly
09-25-2014, 06:13 AM
Taking a deep breath Kyda gently put her feet on the ground bracing herself she slowly put her weight on them. Wincing as pain shot through her legs she balled her fists hand gritted her teeth taking a tentative step. Sigh let out a small breath as she didn't collapse as she did the first time.
"Ok I think I can do this....." She said taking another couple of steps to the door grabbing the frame for support.

NoviDome
09-25-2014, 06:18 AM
Jacob shook his head, watching her push herself over her limits. 'I don't think so,' he said and effortlessly swooped her up, holding her in his arms and carrying her to the stairs.

KittyKatAlly
09-25-2014, 06:26 AM
Kyda let out an undignified squeal as Jacob picked her up in his arms, she wrapped her arms around his neck on instinct scared he was going to drop her. As they reached the bottom of the stairs Kyda looked into the lounge and spotted her boots still sitting on the floor.
"Umm ill need my boots before we go anywhere." She said pointing to her shoes.

NoviDome
09-25-2014, 06:47 AM
Jacob nodded and carried her into the lounge, gently placing her back down in the chair so she could put her boots on.

KittyKatAlly
09-25-2014, 07:13 AM
Once her boots were back on Kyda stood up her feet not hurting as much now that they where protected a bit better.
"Ok lets get going...." Kyda said her enthusiasm wavering slightly as she remembered they where about to get on horses.

NoviDome
09-25-2014, 07:28 AM
Jacob nodded again, walking over to the front door. 'Sure you'll be okay?' he asked as he opened the door, waiting for her to follow him outside.

KittyKatAlly
09-25-2014, 07:35 AM
Kyda followed slowly still wincing but the pain was much more manageable now.
"Like I said, I have to be.... at least until the horse kills me." She said flashing a weak smile at Jacob moving past him and down the front steps. She looked the horses over wearily not sure what she was meant to do with them.

NoviDome
09-25-2014, 07:54 AM
He grinned softly and closed the door behind them. Somehow, he found her fear of horses amusing. 'They don't bite,' he reassured her as he walked past her and laid his hand on one of the horse's noses. 'Unless you smell like apples or grass,' he added with a smirk.

KittyKatAlly
09-25-2014, 08:02 AM
Kyda scrunched her nose up and stepped behind Jacob keeping well out of the horses way.
"they do so bite, ive seen the stable boys." She said accusingly glaring at the beast as if he was the one who had done it.

NoviDome
09-25-2014, 08:07 AM
'Then you had bad stableboys,' Jacob remarked and lifted her up, placing her right on top of the brown stallion's bare back.

KittyKatAlly
09-25-2014, 08:19 AM
"Woah, wait.... umm... please tell me your riding on this thing with me....." She pleaded not sure what she was going to do. She was sure you need something on the horses back to ride them, but maybe these horses where different.

NoviDome
09-25-2014, 08:22 AM
He grinned, untying the reins of both horses. 'Don't worry,' he told her and with both reins in hand, he climbed onto the brown stallion's back as well, sitting behind her. 'Until we make it to the forest, I'll ride with you. After that, you're on your own.'

KittyKatAlly
09-25-2014, 08:37 AM
"Thankyou." she said a blush coming onto her face as his arms circled her holding the reins. The ride through the rest of the town was uneventful, upon reaching the city gates they found them open, farmers and traders frozen as they had come into the city for business. Stretched out around the walls where fields and a scattering of farm houses, the forest was just beyond the corn rows, it trees towering over the landscape. Kyda spent the better part of the ride watching Jacob handle the horse she was on, trying to pick up on how it was done.
"Where did you learn to ride?" She asked leaning back into his chest finding him a very comfortable person to lean on.

NoviDome
09-25-2014, 08:42 AM
Jacob looked at the girl leaning against him in silence for a few moments, wondering why she kept asking him questions about himself, before looking back up at the road. 'I'm self-taught,' he replied shortly.

KittyKatAlly
09-25-2014, 09:06 AM
"Wow, that's amazing." She said looking up at him even sitting on the horses she was shorter her head reaching just under his chin. "You don't like to talk much do you?" She asked realising how silly the question sounded after it had left her mouth.

NoviDome
09-25-2014, 09:11 AM
He gave her a quick glance before turning his gaze to the other stallion, walking calmly beside them. 'Not really, no... But you do, am I right?'

KittyKatAlly
09-25-2014, 09:37 AM
Kyda blushed and huffed a little pouting. She wouldn't particually say she herself liked to talk about her own life, she had just gotten use to people asking pretending to care.
"Not if I have the choice, I mean..... I will share stuff about myself but I like hearing about other people as well. The only thing I have going for me is being a princesses and its not like I worked for it." She stopped and sighed reflecting how bad that sounded out loud. "But people like you.... You made your own life, you can do what ever you want to."

NoviDome
09-25-2014, 10:00 AM
Jacob pulled the reins for the horses to stop, as they had reached the edge of the forest. 'Don't you dare to envy me,' he said as he jumped down, handing her the reins of the brown horse. 'You have no idea what it's like.'

KittyKatAlly
09-25-2014, 10:05 AM
"But I do envy you." Kyda said taking the reins nervously, the horse shifting from foot to foot sensing his rider was not confident. "And of course I don't know what its like, I've never had the chance to talk with someone like yourself."

NoviDome
09-25-2014, 10:09 AM
Jacob mounted the spotted horse, a stern look on his face. 'You shouldn't want to,' he said shortly and nudged the horse, sending it walking into the forest.

KittyKatAlly
09-25-2014, 10:14 AM
"why not?" She asked watching Jacob move on. "um how do I get it to go forward?" She called looking down at the horses as he started to eat the grass at the edge of the road.

NoviDome
09-25-2014, 10:17 AM
Jacob looked over his shoulder, making a clicking sound with his mouth. Upon hearing it, the brown stallion looked up and started walking.

'Because people like me usually don't have pretty stories to tell,' he replied, turning his gaze back to the road.

KittyKatAlly
09-25-2014, 10:27 AM
Kyda wobbled a little as the horse started to walk forward catching up to Jacobs mount. She thought over his words seriously not fully understanding. She was soon distracted from her thoughts as they got deeper into the forest, everything was new to look at she was sure she could see Jacob getting more and more annoyed at her gasps and exclamations at what was around them. They rode in relative silence for hours until the sun began to set. "Um Jacob this is going to sound strange but where are we going to sleep tonight?"

NoviDome
09-25-2014, 10:32 AM
Not looking at her, he pointed upwards to the trees. 'Up there, preferably.' Suddenly, he stopped, straining his ears and listening attentively to the sounds around them. '...Running water,' he mumbled under his breath and turned his horse away from the road, towards the sound.

KittyKatAlly
09-25-2014, 10:37 AM
Kyda frowned not sure she heard right.
"Um up where?" She asked wanting to clarify what she had heard. Her horse automatically followed Jacobs mount as he steered them off the main road towards what Kyda could now hear was a stream.

NoviDome
09-25-2014, 10:40 AM
'Up in the trees,' Jacob replied, a small smile appearing on his face as they reached the stream. He jumped off his horse and tied the reins to a low branch.

KittyKatAlly
09-25-2014, 10:43 AM
Kyda looked up confused. "How can you sleep in trees?" She asked more to herself then Jacob. Her horse wandered down to the water and started to drink. Kyda just sat there looking around them enjoying the stress free feel of the forest around them.

NoviDome
09-25-2014, 10:54 AM
Jacob knelt down by the stream and cupped water with his hands, bringing them to his mouth to drink. After three or four times, he shook his hands dry and ran them through his hair.

KittyKatAlly
09-25-2014, 10:57 AM
Kyda looked down at the ground and thought for a moment, she tried to remember how she saw others dismount, thinking she had the right idea she swung her leg over to meet the other so she was sitting sideways the stopped, remembering how badly beat up her feet were.
"Jacob could umm..."She started not sure if she should ask him to help her down or not.

NoviDome
09-25-2014, 11:00 AM
He looked up at her and chuckled. 'That's right,' he mumbled, remembering the condition of her feet. He got up and walked over to her, easily lifting her off the horse's back and gently putting her down right by one of the trees, so she could support herself. He then proceeded to tie the brown horse's reins to the low branch as well.

KittyKatAlly
09-25-2014, 11:07 AM
"I know I'm light but your really strong." Kyda complimented him taking a tentative step towards the water, kneeling down and cupping her hands trying to drink out of her hands. She ended up with water all over her knees in the proses but she did manage to drink her fill. Standing up she stretched and looked around.
"Should I even ask a about food?" She questioned her stomach growling loudly.

NoviDome
09-25-2014, 11:13 AM
Jacob stood next to her, gazing into the water. 'Not yet,' he replied with a small smirk.

KittyKatAlly
09-25-2014, 11:41 AM
"That doesn't give me a lot of confidence." Kyda said scratching the back of her head. Seeing the smirk on Jacobs face she knew she wasn't going to like dinner, if there was any.

NoviDome
09-25-2014, 12:51 PM
Suddenly, Jacob leaned slightly forward, his eye caught by something in the water. He reached for one of the throwing knives he had strapped around his leg and hopped onto a large stone in the middle of the small river. His head made a wobbling motion as his eye followed the every move of whatever it was he had spotted. Then, without hesitation, he hurled the knife into the water, making a big splash. Despite his inability to see depth, due to the eyepatch that covered his left eye, he had managed to hit his target. Reaching into the water, he retrieved the knife, a live fish pierced on it.

KittyKatAlly
09-25-2014, 12:56 PM
Kyda placed her hands over her mouth and gasped as Jacob speared the fish.
"By the gods that is amazing, your amazing." She praised clapping her hands together laughing.

NoviDome
09-25-2014, 01:11 PM
He chuckled, hopping back over to Kyda, and bowed down, handing her the knife with the still writhing fish on it. 'Your dinner, princess Kyda,' he said solemnly. 'Would you like that roasted medium rare, or well-done?' he teased, looking around for a good place to make a fire.