PDA

View Full Version : Noble Trials

Dire Hoef
10-26-2014, 02:48 AM
Rooth glanced down at his blade and wondered if this was the right thing to do. In order to save his town and his family, he needed to do this. “Everyone is counting on me,” thought Rooth aloud as he witnessed the arena doors open up to the arena. Rooth stepped passed the arched doorway and into the sun to find that the arena itself was actually a massive field. There was a set of stands in the distance as well as where he was standing. Rooth wasn’t sure if this was the greatest of ideas now looking back on it. Rooth stepped further into the massive field and glanced around wondering when the battle was going to begin. He then herd the horns blare in the distance to his left and before he knew he was suddenly met with a blast of cold wind.

Rooth quickly covered his face as he tried to fight against the cold wind. He couldn’t see what was in front of him until the cold wind subsided. His opponent revealed himself riding on a pillar of ice before sliding to a stop before him. “So you’re my opponent,” said Rooth’s opponent who was a buff man; shirtless, heavy looking pants and some boots. “You’re a little scrawny to be my opponent and it would seem you’re not at all prepared for what’s coming to you… And to put the cherry on top you’re just a kid,” said the man as he laughed with defiance. “To spare you the trouble I am not going to use my full strength on you kid,” said the man as he summoned several shards of ice and launched them towards Rooth which Rooth quickly unclipped his shield from his back and pulled it out kneeling down on one knee blocking the ice shards.

“So you have tricks up your sleeve eh kid,” questioned the man, “I do too you know.” The man slammed his right hand down as if he was punching the ground beneath him. Suddenly the ground within a hundred meter diameter was covered in ice, and inconveniently Rooth had to be within range of it. Rooth slipped to his face before pulling himself up to his feet hardly able to keep himself steady. “This is too easy,” said the man. Rooth narrowed his eyes as he called upon his Dragon Rider abilities. He opened his mouth and breathed a heap of fire around his feet to create a spot for him to easily stand on. “I won’t be beat so easily,” said Rooth as he stood his ground as he unsheathed his long sword. “What,” exclaimed the man, “A Dragon Rider!? I thought they went extinct along with the Warrior Gods!” Rooth smirked feeling that the sway of battle was in his favor.

The man grunted in displeasure as he stared towards the boy, “Whatever… If you’re a Dragon Rider then there is no need for me to hold back!” The man slammed his fists together creating a Dragon out of pure ice. Rooth slowly backed up, but quickly found the courage to stand his ground and with this his eyes shifted from his normal blue colored eyes to emerald in mere seconds and with this the eyes took the shape of a Dragon. The spirit of Rooth’s ancestor was deep inside his soul and was raging with an eternal flame. Rooth widened his eyes as he lunged forward with wild abandon. Rooth ignored the laws of walking on ice he swiftly ran across the tops of the ice with the intent on defeating his opponent.

The man was even further displeased by this show of effort and determination and with this he summoned massive shards of ice that he launched towards Rooth in a sort of volley. Rooth, with his Dragon Rider skills now activated, swiftly leapt from side to side dodging the volley of massive ice shards; gaining speed and momentum while doing this. The man groaned in frustration knowing that nothing was going to stop this kid from winning, but something came to mind that would throw off the kid’s determination. The man slammed his hands together slowly pulling them apart and then blowing into the gap between both hands. The man created a blizzard out of nothing and before Rooth knew it he was engulfed by the blizzard. Rooth stopped his tracks sliding to a stop noticing that ground was slowly becoming ice and that Rooth, himself, caught in said ice. He couldn’t move his feet, but breathed fire and freed himself. Rooth glanced unaware of where his opponent went knowing that this blizzard was extremely thick.

Suddenly Rooth was struck by an incoming fist to the cheek. Rooth grunted as the fist connected with his left cheek and was sent spiraling into the ice because of it causing a slightly massive ice/dirt explosion because of the sheer force of the attack. Rooth slowly stood to his feet after taking such a massive punch to the cheek but before he could shake off the punch, there came another; towards the gut area. Rooth coughed up some saliva as he was sent flying into the air, up about twenty feet, before slamming down upon the ice; crashing into it of course. There was yet another crater. Rooth was having even more trouble getting up at this point and with this he glanced around knowing that if he stayed in this blizzard any longer he was going to lose this match. Rooth breathed out fire trying to blow away the blizzard but it was vain.

Rooth stood there in the cold knowing it was beyond help to try and blow this blizzard away and so the next course of action was to run. However where ever he went the blizzard followed as if he were stuck in a forever growing blizzard. Rooth slid to a stop and thought about that thought for a moment. He glanced around knowing that in order to get out of this unhindered in physical health he needed to anticipate the next attack. He used his Dragon eyes to search through the blizzard and before he knew he saw the man running towards him at top speed. Rooth planted his feet and waited for the man to get close and with this summoned fire to his right hand as he came in for a swing. The man didn’t anticipate this was closed-lined as a result. The fiery fist came into contact with the man’s face and with this he was knocked back as if he were to be closed-lined by a fake wrestler.

The man crashed to the ground and bounced a few more paces before collapsing; out cold. Rooth stood there breathing hard as the blizzard slowly cleared before dispersing into nothing. Rooth was the victor and had taken the win. Rooth knew that this was one guy and he had to take on the entire continent. Rooth took the win and went to the resting room and rested upon a nice cloth bed. He knew he had won this battle but something was bothering him. “Of course you’re sleeping,” said a voice from within the darkness of Rooth’s room. Rooth’s eyes darted around wondering where it came from and before he knew he was confronted by a mysterious figure with a feminine voice. Rooth stared at the mysterious woman as she spoke towards him, “You have much to go my child… You must win and release me from my prison…” Rooth nodded without will, as if he was being controlled. The woman touched his cheek and kissed lightly on the lips before disappearing into nothing. The kiss had created a mind-set in Rooth’s mind.

Rooth stood to his feet and went to the waiting room to wait for his next battle; which won’t be for a few hours. Rooth didn’t know why he was waiting in the waiting room, but something had told him to wait. Something he couldn’t quite control. Something that was beyond his comprehension. What could have possibly been he would wonder. But all he got where more and more questions.

Check In For More Updates To The Series