PDA

View Full Version : The Tokyo Invasion (M)

Inverness
11-10-2014, 10:18 PM
Ichigo landed softly on the ground and watched as the alien chimera dissolved before her, leaving behind the glowing pod of the alien and the living animal it had infected. The squirrel scurried away into the forest as she hurried to collect the alien remnants in a secure container. With that completed she turned to face the other girls and smiled brightly, which they returned in kind.

"Great job everyone! If we keep this up we'll get this whole problem solved in no time!"

As she spoke her outfit and the others returned to their normal everyday attire, as if by magic, which really, that's exactly what it was. Ichigo's ears and tail poofed out of existence as the group began walking out of the park they had been attacked in and towards the maid cafe where they were all employed and late for their shifts. It was a warm summer evening and the sun was just starting to disappear on the horizon, bathing the city of Tokyo in a beautiful orange hue.

Several minutes into the walk Ichigo came to an abrupt halt and groaned, causing the others to stop as well and look at her with concern.
'What's the matter?'
Bridgette asked but Ichigo was already turning and running the opposite direction, calling over her shoulder to them.

"I left my bag in the park, you guys go ahead and I'll catch up."

They watched her for a second longer then continued on their way, not needing to be any later for their shifts. They would explain for Ichigo to the bosses.

She skidded to a stop in the park and swiped her bag up from the ground with an annoyed look, dusting it off and mentally chiding herself for being so forgetful.... although who could blame her, she had a lot on her mind nowadays. A tiny sigh escaped her lips at this train of thought, but before she could get too absorbed in her own contemplation she looked up and around.... that noise.... what was that noise?

Cfavano
11-10-2014, 10:34 PM
Screaming out of the sky like a comet was a small metal pod. It trailed flames and heat behind it as it entered the atmosphere, the intense friction heating it up during re-entry. But the occupant was aware that this would happen as he groggily came to, alerted to the sirens that were going off around him. "Fokking hell!" He began activating the retrothrusters and inertial dampeners, desperately trying to coax the machine spirit into activation. The thrusters began to fire, slowing it down somewhat, and granting him some control.

He leveled it out to a perpendicular 90 degree angle, where the thrusters would get the most power, and, with a mighty bang, impacted the ground. Debris scattered around from where he landed in the park, but the landing was successful. Smoke trailed from the still glowing armored plates as the exit ramp slammed open, and he, Inquisitor Sebastian Montante, Strode out with his crossbow leveled, searching for threats. Finding none, he lowered his weapon, and took out his auspex (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Auspex), and began scanning. "Odd. By the atmosphere, I've apparently landed on an agri-world, but these buildings are like nothing I've ever seen. Have I landed on an Xenos world?"

Inverness
11-10-2014, 11:01 PM
Ichigo had witnessed what looked like a comet soaring overhead, and had heard the crash a little ways off in the trees of the park. Smoke was now billowing into the sky and she only hesitated for a second before sprinting off into the trees to investigate, filled with a sense of deep foreboding. She briefly wondered as she ran if this could be at all related to the current alien issue she had been facing... but no, her instinct told her otherwise.

She slowed her pace as she approached the impact site, her heart beating quickly in her chest. She could feel the magical need to transform bubbling up within her, but she suppressed it for the moment, another instinct, she'd been having a lot of that since merging with the phantom cat. She stopped behind a tree and slowly peered around it at the wreck, for now she saw that was what it was, some sort of shipwreck. A shrouded figure stood near it and the sight made the hairs on the back of Ichigo's neck stand at attention. But she was not someone to buckle under in the face of fear, so instead she steeled her nerve and took a step out from behind the tree and into his line of sight.

"Who are you?..."
She asked evenly, keeping her eyes fixed anxiously on the figure and the crossbow, her whole body tensed and ready to react. They didn't call them catlike reflexes for nothing.

Cfavano
11-10-2014, 11:33 PM
With a flash of movement showing years or even decades of training that was almost a blur to her untrained eyes, Sebastian had levels his crossbow at her, with intent to kill in his eyes. But, then almost as quickly as he aimed it, he lowered it. He looked intently at her, and his gaze felt piercing, as if not only was he looking at her, but in and/or through her. It was the gaze of a man who one should not mess with.

He was scowling. "I ask the questions here, little girl. Where and when are we? What planet is this? What system are we in?" He says, in a very deep, serious, and commanding tone. "Speak, or has a cat stolen your tongue?"

Inverness
11-11-2014, 12:09 AM
His swift and sudden movement had startled her so much that she had quickly jumped back halfway behind the tree as well, it had taken all of her will power to keep from transforming at the moment. But when he didn't shoot, and addressed her so scathingly her anger bubbled up and it seemed that was the straw that broke her resolve. With a bright flash of light her clothes morphed and her ears and tail popped out, by the time the light faded her appearance had altered and she stood there, tail twitching angrily, glaring at him from behind the tree.

"I don't steal tongues, thank you very much. And you are being quite rude."

She snapped at him, knowing that this was by no means a good way to start off, and also understanding that whoever he was, this man was very dangerous. Once she had her little outburst she calmed down and began watching him closely once more, it had a general resemblance to the unnerving way cats watched, unblinking, not potent or threatening like his gaze, but certainly piercing nonetheless.

"It's 2002. This is Tokyo, japan. On the planet Earth, in the Milky way galaxy. For the general specifics. And if you're here to cause trouble I'd reconsider."

It wasn't precisely a threat, but she wanted to make it clear to him that she, and others were willing to defend their home.

"If your not, then...... welcome to earth."
And as she said this she broke into a small but genuine smile. He could be as grumpy and scary as he liked but she'd still give him a chance.

Cfavano
11-11-2014, 12:20 AM
He was about to shoot her once he saw her transform, but...her words gave him pause. "That cannot be. This cannot be Holy Terra. Why do you speak lies, mutant witch? It is not wise to lie to an Inquisitor!" He says, obviously angered by her words. but a midst the anger was confusion. Looking at her, he could tell she was not lying, among many other things. This child either has no training in concealing her emotions, or is playing him even now. He furrows his brow, and then returns to the pod.

He quickly accesses the computer, and luckily, the camera was active. After his escape from the warp, he could clearly see the outlines of Mars and Jupiter, having passed both of them somehow. From the positions of several stars, the cogitator surmised that this was, indeed, Holy Terra.

He exits the pod again, looking at Ichigo. "Take me to your leader."

Inverness
11-11-2014, 12:47 AM
She glowered at him again while he spoke and balled her fists, mumbling under her breath as he seemed to have some sort of internal struggle and walked back into his ship.

"Real freaking people person, this one is."

She moved out from behind the tree and stood there patiently, assuming he was coming back out. Unless he was leaving, which would be fine with her. She contemplated just walking away and leaving him there, but felt too much personal responsibility to do so.
When he walked out a few moments later and spoke she paused momentarily then burst out into a fit of laughter,

"You're joking right?!"
But even as she said this, still giggling slightly, she took a good hard look at him and shook her head. Her transformation faded back into human form simultaneously and she sighed softly.

"Of course you're not.... Look we don't have a one ruler of earth thing going on, and I'm in no position to take you to even the local one. But... I might know someone you can talk to. Believe it or not you aren't the first alien visitor to come our way recently."

And with this she turned on her heel and started walking toward the park exit, assuming he was going to follow. She brooded slightly as she walked, just what she and the others needed, MORE trouble.

Cfavano
11-11-2014, 12:54 AM
He winces as she laughs and calls him an alien. Again, he must fight the urge to purge her. But, luckily, he manages to keep his cool. He follows her, gazing intently at her stride. She exhudes an air of confidence, at least somewhat, but he could tell by her eyes that she still retains the innocence of childhood, and has not faced the horrors of war. A calm greets him as he focuses. he realizes that he cannot feel any presences in the warp trying to get to him. normally, he'd have to be constantly vigilant. He'll have to look into it later.

"I see." He says, as they walk. "I should, however, inform you that I am no alien. I am human. Pure, untainted, human. So, this Hive is called Tokyo then. You are lucky to have natural plants visible to all."

Inverness
11-11-2014, 02:43 AM
She felt his eyes on her back as she walked ahead and wondered idly why in spite of his frightening demeanor and lack of any semblance of empathy, she trusted him to be there. She was sure that was one of her greatest shortcomings, but despite that it was what made her who she was and she had no interest in changing it.

The mood seemed to calm slightly as they walked and some of the tension she was carrying ebbed away. So by the time that he spoke, she was able to be receptive. However his last statement did stop her in her tracks. With a gentle frown she nodded and looked around at what he was seeing.

"Yes. It's a shame that we're destroying it all so carelessly, heartlessly. This whole mess with the aliens wouldn't even be happening if not for that....."

She trailed off and sighed, not considering that he would have no idea what she even meant by that statement. After a moment she looked back at him and tried smiling gently again.

"I'm sorry I called you an alien. I just know very little about you and you came from the sky. You'll find that many people in this world will make the same mistake. We are just ignorant of your ways, please try not to take offense. If you give us the chance we can learn."

And with that she turned and continued walking, they were not too far away now.

"My name is Ichigo by the way, Ichigo Momomiya."

Cfavano
11-11-2014, 02:51 AM
"I see. So, even at this time, humanity is troubled by the intrusion of foul Xenos. Perhaps The Emperor sent me here for a reason, then." He nods. "An understandable mistake. It is not like I sent message before of my coming. I do not take offence, although others might. You showed calm, Ichigo Momomiya. Many people I have met would have reacted with instant violence. It is an admirable quality that you showed such level-headedness. As for my name, I am Inquisitor Sebastian Montonte."

Inverness
11-11-2014, 06:41 AM
She continued walking, at a loss with what he was talking about at first, but she was sure it was more for him than anything else so she kept silent. But by the time he had finished speaking her cheeks were a delicate pink hue and she was suppressing a small smile. She glanced back at him briefly and thought,

'I knew he wasn't so bad, just rough edged and somewhat abrupt. But perhaps I'll come to consider that part of his charm.'

The though almost made her giggle but she suppressed it with a cough and looked forward again.

"Pleasure to meet you Inquisitor Sebastian Montonte... do you mind if I call you Sebastian?"
She suspected she might be overstepping some kind of boundary so she simply pushed on.
"And thank you for the praise, something tells me you're not one to say things idly. Though I must admit that I find it strange to be complimented on something like not jumping to violence straight away. It must be a very different kind of place... the place you came from."

She momentarily glanced back at him again, he struck an imposing figure walking through the artificial lights of the street lamps, which had recently clicked on because the sun had sunk below the horizon during their walk. They came up to a busy street and she stopped a few feet before it, remaining on the mostly deserted lane. Turning to face him she said apologetically.

"The cafe I need to go to and get my friends is a little ways up this street, but.... well your a bit scary."

She smiled some at this, thinking it was one thing but saying it out loud was a whole other matter.

"I think it might be best if I go ahead and get them and bring them back here, I may be being overly cautious but it's better than starting some sort of panic or fight..right?"

She was genuinely asking him, she wouldn't stop him if he wanted to come, but she didn't think things would go particularly well if he did.

Cfavano
11-11-2014, 10:54 AM
"Yes, where I come from, it is very different. I do not mind being called that. Although most people call me Inquisitor Montonte or Lord Montonte or 'My Lord'. But Sebastian works." When she stops, he stops. He looks at her comment. "Yes, I am quite scary. It is a hazard of my profession, and, well, I am also heavily armed. It would not do to cause undue panic." He leans against a wall. "I will wait here. Go and inform your comrades." He removes a dataslate from a bag, swipes his finger over the authentication device, and begins reading from it.

Inverness
11-12-2014, 12:10 AM
Ichigo nodded as he posted up against the wall and busied himself with something or another, she turned to go with a quick,

"I'll be right back then."

As she hurried away she really hoped that no one would approach him or bother him, she imagined it was a tense situation for him at the moment, and he didn't seem the type who would hesitate to take action or think about whether he should take action. Her worst fear was that an alien incident would happen before her boss Ryo had an opportunity to explain things to him.

She came bursting into the cafe, alarming the customers and her friends. But without explaining she moved into the back and straight to the office. Renee followed closely behind her in silence and Ichigo had to resist the urge to turn and hug her, she needed her level headed nature right now, the others would be too much for Sebastian to deal with all at once. Ryo came out of his office before Ichigo even knocked and she sighed softly, not knowing how to begin.

"There is someone you need to meet.."

she trailed off as he looked around, expecting to see this mysterious person, but she shook her head and continued,

"He's not here, I had him wait up the road... he, he came from the sky Ryo.."

And it seemed that this was all Ryo needed to know, he shut his office door and murmured.

"Take me."

That was all she needed, she turned leading him and Renee out of the shop and back up the street. Only about five minutes had passed since she left him, when they turned the corner back onto the deserted lane but to her surprise and trepidation he was nowhere to be seen.

"Oh no...."

She whispered stepping out from the other two, who stood silently and watched her as she and looked around the lane slowly feeling the cold grip of dread settle in the pit of her stomach.

Cfavano
11-12-2014, 12:48 AM
He elected to wait for her while she left. while he did so, he took out his Auspex, having slung his crossbow over his shoulder. Already, he could see her blip moving away, as well as those of vehicles. But one appeared that...disconcerted him. It was moving very suspiciously and erratically, and his psychic sense was nagging at him about...something. Deciding to error on the side of caution, he took out his laspistol, and decided to follow the blip down a nearby alleyway.

Inverness
11-14-2014, 01:46 AM
Ichigo suddenly sensed the presence of an alien pod nearby and let out an alarmed groan, this was the absolutely worst time for this to happen. She had to find Sebastian but she couldn't afford to ignore the alien, people could get hurt and preventing that was her number one responsibility. Hoping that everything would work out in the long run, she turned towards Ryo and Renee with a tense expression. They both sensed the presence as well were already on the move, Ryo was heading back towards the street with a brisk,

"I'll go let the others know."

And then he was gone, meanwhile Renee had moved to Ichigo's side. With a quick glance over, Ichigo turned and took off in the direction of the disturbance. Shortly after the two girls came skidding into a cramped alleyway; cramped because much to her mixture of relief and horror, Sebastian was standing in it. But also because at this very moment an alien pod had attached itself to a rat in the shadows and was morphing. The process only took a few seconds but the result was grotesque.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a285/JumboShrimp4U/ratmonster1_zps978a0839.jpg
(Thought I would provide images for all the monsters)

Without hesitation the two girls transformed and prepared for a fight, she'd explain to Sebastian later.

Cfavano
11-14-2014, 01:58 AM
Sebastian grimaced at the grotesque process. Even her, on this holiest of planets, Xenos were infesting. Perhaps this was the reason that he was sent back, to slay these things. Yes, it had to be. He could see no other reason. And so, they would die."Foul abomination, you shall die this evening." Quickly and without hesitation, he leveled his laspistol, and began opening fire. With mighty 'snap-cracks' lancing red bolts of energy were fired from the muzzle, and they gave off brief flashes of luminescence when fired and when they impact the mutated flesh of the being. His aim was true, likely because the best was still likely getting used to its new body.

Inverness
11-14-2014, 12:27 PM
Before either of the girls could do anything, Ichigo's overly sensitive ears rang with a noise that sounded like thunder. In the speed of it all her brain seemed to be trailing at a glacial pace, she stared at the poor, mutilated beast before her, painfully clinging on to it's final moments of life. While her mind was still racing to catch up, her feet carried her slowly to it's side, where she knelt next to it and laid her hand gently upon it's head. The creature let out a pathetic whimper that tore at her heart and then with one last shuddering breath, lived no more.

She stared at it for several moments in a daze,

"How could you, you monster!"

She heard Renee's yell of anger and pain, which brought her around, snapping to, she stood and turned to look at Renee who was facing Sebastian with a look of rage.

"Renee..."

She said her name gently but there was something in the tone that made the other girl immediately deflate and turn to look at Ichigo, tears in her eyes.

"Ichigo... he.... he"

She choked the words out with difficulty but before she could go further Ichigo was there and had pulled her into a brief but calming hug.

"I know. But I need you to go and intercept the others before they get here. I can't have them see this."

She let Renee go, who had calmed down completely it seemed, now that she had a mission to complete. With a nod the girl turned and ran from the alley leaving Ichigo alone with him, her back facing his direction. Her hands shook with poorly concealed anger, her mind racing with confusion... and she let it seep out.

"Why...?"

She whispered in the deathly quiet alleyway, she wanted to know, she NEEDED to know. Turning to face him, tears welling up in her eyes and spilling out onto her cheeks. But her voice remained calm, steely.

"Do you truly have so little regard for the value of life... so little respect for it, that you kill something before ever even trying to understand it. Before seeing if perhaps there isn't another way...."

At the end her voice quivered just slightly and she looked away from him towards the beast, which in death began to morph back until it was two separate mutilated creatures laying side by side. She knew he didn't understand that she and her companions could separate them... that it was their express reason for existing. She knew he hadn't been told anything, so how could he know. But to kill so quickly, so mercilessly.. it frightened her, and deeply hurt her soul. Wherever this man had come from, whatever place had created a neccesity for such violence, it was a place she never wanted to see.

Cfavano
11-14-2014, 01:03 PM
"Because there is no other way." He says, calmly. "Whoever told you otherwise, lied. Xenos are at best an obstacle, and at worst harmful to the progress and safety of humanity. I kill because I value human life. Mutants, Heretics, Xenos, they are all the same. Any threat to humanity must be destroyed." He holsters his pistol.

"You think me cruel. I am eighty-seven standard years old, old by Imperial standards, in my prime by those of the Inquisition. All my life, I have had a reputation for being cold, unfeeling. Some have called me heartless, ruthless, even cruel. I am not. I am not beyond emotional response or compassion. But I possess - and my masters count this as perhaps my paramount virtue - a singular force of will. Throughout my career it has served me well to draw on this facility and steel myself, unflinching, at all that this wretched galaxy can throw at me. To feel pain or fear or grief is to allow myself a luxury I cannot afford. I fight, I kill, so that other might sleep safely in their beds, and live one more day. You think. perhaps you could have saved it. Could have made it so that it couldn't harm anyone. What would that have served? You might ave stopped it now, but, keeping it alive, could you ensure beyond any doubt, that it could not harm another being again, ever?" He stares deep into her eyes. "By killing it, I have ended the threat, and eased its pain. I saw the transformation, I saw the agony it was in. By killing it, I showed it mercy. Do you see now?"

Inverness
11-18-2014, 05:12 AM
Ichigo kept her eyes on the dead creatures for the majority of the time that he spoke, letting his words sink in and sit there while she considered just what she wanted to say. When he neared the end of speaking she turned her eyes his direction to find him staring intently at her, catching her eyes and digging into them with his own. It was clear that he wanted her to consider his point of view, and while she could understand it, she could not agree with it. With a soft shake of her head she turned to face him, wiping the lingering tears from her eyes, and walked the few feet between them, until she was standing directly in front of him, perhaps rather closer than he would be comfortable with.

"I see. I can see what you are saying, I can see how it makes sense, I can see it's logic.... but logic, that's all I see in it. There is no heart, no love in it.."

She steeled herself for what she was about to say because she knew it was presumptuous and because somehow she already knew he would disagree, find her naive, think of her as simple. He had a life that was longer, and much different than her own, he believed what he did for a reason. But she needed to express what she believed now; It was imperative that she at least tried to make him understand her feelings.

" Is human life the only kind of life that is worth valuing? To protect it is a noble cause, but what of protecting other innocent lives as well? How can they not matter... Yes, I think you were cruel. That does not mean I think you're bad.. that does not mean I think you are incapable of compassion, or emotion. But... I think perhaps those are things you've chosen to lock away instead of utilizing them to your advantage. You clearly consider them a weakness, and that alone makes me very sad. I fear you have seen so much bad, so much destruction and death in your life, that seeing the good and the pure has become difficult, perhaps even laughable to you. This heart of mine is most certainly a hindrance, in that I use it far too often to make decisions."

She took one of her hands and placed it delicately over her heart,

"However, to the other side of that coin.."

As she said this, she kept the one hand on her heart and reached the other slowly towards him, making sure her movement was a deliberate one that would convey to him that she wasn't being aggressive or threatening. When she was sure he knew this, she closed the distance and gently placed the smooth skin of the back of her hand upon his forehead, just ever so slightly. He was taller than she, so it was a slight reach up.

"It seems to me that you rely on this this far too much. And that what would be better for both of us, for everyone, is a medium somewhere in between these two things...."

She sighed softly then and let her hands drop, taking a step back from him, her wistful expression falling away and becoming something harder.

"My friends and I have been given these powers for the sole purpose of protecting humanity, but we also can save the creatures being possessed. Yes, it is painful for them during the possession, which is why we attempt to resolve the matter quickly. But in the end the creature lives, without damage, and one innocent life is saved, every time. How can that not be worth it?"

At this she turned her back to him and looked out the alleyway, the others would stay away until she returned, but she wondered if Ryo would at least come. After a small pause in her many words, she continued.

"Besides, you speak as though we do not terminate the alien pod once it has been dislodged.. and therefore it can eventually move on to threaten more people. Please, do not think of us so much like children. We understand that these aliens have committed a vile crime, and we punish those who have brought it upon themselves. I have notions of compassion and love, but that does not prevent me from also possessing those of justice, retribution, and loyalty."

And with that she moved over to where the bodies lay, pulling an old, grimy blanket out from a dumpster in the alley and beginning to wrap the bodies gingerly into them. She needed to clean the mess up, then she would bury them later on.

Cfavano
11-18-2014, 10:18 PM
Probably to her surprise, Sebastian would help her clean the body up. His face was inscrutable as always, but inside, her words did reach him. He knew that he was out of touch with his emotions, that he was all logic and no heart. he had to be, to stomach what he had to, to face the horrors and do what had to be done. He did not doubt his choice to kill the animal. It was only a rat and was an abomination. But seeing that it made this girl so upset on so many levels made it feel wrong to him, even though he knew it was right.

She was naive, to be sure. But when she touched him, he could feel her. Not the smooth skin of her gentle hand, not her body heat, but the touch of her soul. She had power, much of it, but she didn't have the...oddness that one feels around one with power. He could detect no secrets behind her eyes, she was being honest and straightforward, not even trying to hide anything from him. And her soul felt...warm. Gentle, even. Something he hadn't felt in a long time. She was attractive, yes, but at that moment, when her soul touched his...he wasn't paying attention to that. She intrigues him.

"I am...sorry that I upset you. I did not know you had such power. I know I do not. I acted as I did because, as far as I knew, this thing could have gone on a rampage, and killed people. So, I just wanted to stop it. What would you like to do with the body?"

Inverness
11-23-2014, 01:18 AM
Ichigo finished wrapping the bodies and stood, absently wiping grime from her hands and clothes. Sebastian spoke then, causing her to pause mid thought and glance over at him; She had expected a response that was more severe, certainly hadn't imagined that he would be so gentle towards her impertinent behavior. A warm feeling bubbled up in her heart at the realization that he was apologizing as well as offering to help with the disposal, her expression softened considerably, though was still quite sorrowful. What a strange man he was.. unlike any other she had encountered before, a living, breathing contradiction to her own sensibilities. He was someone who it would seem she was destined to oppose, and yet inexplicably drawn to. Ichigo was not such a fool as to believe that they would ever be able to truly see eye to eye, knew that this would not be the last time there was a severe situation; yet she had no immediate desire to sever the acquaintance. She wholeheartedly wanted to try to understand this person better.

"We must burn both first.. it's a safety precaution, otherwise contamination may be possible. The park where you crash landed is large enough to conceal a small fire, and it's a peaceful resting place. I'd like to collect the ashes and bury them there."

As this was spoken, Ichigo picked up the rug that contained them and hauled it onto her shoulder, although being quite petite, the girl was perfectly strong, at least for female human standards. There was a small pause as she watched Sebastian with a complex gaze, then with a slight flush of her cheeks, looked away and said,

"Thank you. For the apology."

And with that she began out of the alleyway and back towards the park again, her thoughts spinning about.
This incident would make it hard, perhaps even impossible for the others in the group to accept Sebastian, and that was a problem. Ichigo's expression darkened as she contemplated how she was going to explain to them.. how she was going to make them understand why she wanted him to remain with them for a short while at least. Though she neither knew why, nor how it had come to pass, the girl was certain that Sebastian coming here at this time of all times, must not be a mere coincidence; And that for whatever reason, she was convinced he was for better, not for worse.

~~~~~~~~~

"Tsk.."

The irritated noise escaped his mouth and one of his companions glanced over at him from across the glasslike surface of the liquid in the basin they all sat around. In the reflection of the liquid, Ichigo and the stranger were clearly visible, walking from the alley.

His companion spoke silkily,

"Looks like there is an unexpected hitch in our plan.."

He nodded his head briskly and stood.

"So it would seem."

And with this he turned and strode off, thinkingly darkly to himself that on top of all that, he did not like the way Ichigo had been looking at that man. He'd have to do something about that...

Cfavano
11-23-2014, 01:38 AM
"It is no trouble. I understand how...off-putting my cold and calculating nature can be. It is a risk of my job. I cannot afford to make a mistake, there is too much at stake. But I also understand that logic cannot solve every problem, only many."

He would walk with her, enjoying the cool, pure night air. Such a thing should be relished when it can. Bu he has a mission. "You wish to burn it, I can do that. I have a hand-flamer with me. The Holy Promethium contained within shall purify its body, ad I shall recite a prayer that shall purify its soul, and guide it to whatever afterlife it would go to."

When they got to the spot, from within his duster, he takes out a collapsing shovel and unfolds it, and then digs the hole. he makes it wide and deep enough to contain the flames and hold the creature. "Place it within."

When she does so, he would take out the hand-flamer, ignite he pilot light, and put it on its lowest setting. He would motion her back, and then begin chanting in a language totally unfamiliar to Ichigo. It sounds similar to Latin, but also different. But then he goes back to his version of english. "By the power granted of me, I absolve this creature of its sins, and purge it of its corruption. May Imperial Justice account in all things." He points the weapon at the bundle. "Ave Imperator." Pulling the trigger there is a hiss and then a gout of bright, hot flame is shot at the bundle. Even as far back as Ichigo was, she could feel it. There is no way any alien cells could have survived that, and the air smells thick and heavily of some sort of oil.

He turns the weapon off, and the bundle burns for a pit, lighting up the area, before the flames begin to die down. He then begins to cover it with dirt once more. Soon, it is almost as if it was never there.

Inverness
11-24-2014, 12:21 AM
Ichigo listened as they walked but kept silent for the time being, deciding that since this was something of a funeral procession, she would save her voice until later. Once they had reached the park and his ship, she watched with a tender glow as Sebastian dug the hole himself and performed the burning. The warmth from the fire enveloped her, while the foreign words he spoke lulled her into a calm but attentive state. It was a very peculiar but welcomed feeling, as though the power from the ritual were truly tactile.

When the flames at last died away, Ichigo shivered slightly, feeling somehow bereft of something, something inexplicable to her. Shaking the feeling off she moved over to his side and assisted in covering the hole with dirt. It was the first time she had to do this for a creature of her own planet, every other burning had only been for an alien pod. Once the hole was covered, she stood and sighed, at least this was over and the others had not seen the worst of it. Renee had.. but she was the most mature of the group, Ichigo could trust her to remain silent to the other girls for now. But Renee would tell Ryo, he would eventually be forgiving, so long as she could promise him it would not happen again. Glancing over at Sebastian, her expression became somewhat worried, COULD she promise something like that? If she was being honest with herself, then the answer was no; but still perhaps there was a middle ground.

"Thank you once again, I'm grateful for your help with this, I couldn't imagine a better way to have sent them on their way."

She smiled slightly as she said this, but it faded shortly thereafter, there were serious matters to discuss.

"Things have gotten a bit complicated, and I'm sorry to have not explained what I could before leaving to get my companions. I'd still like you to meet with Ryo, but at the moment I fear he isn't going to be particularly receptive, especially after hearing Renee's side. They will understand after I've spoken with them, but for now I'd like to give them a little time before meeting up. Would that be agreeable? In the meantime we can remain here and I'll attempt to fill you in as best I can, and answer any questions if I am able."

She paused and gazed inquiringly at him, unsure. She figured if they could just wait until the shops had closed down on the main street, then both she and Sebastian would be able to head to the cafe without being seen by a lot of people. Speaking there would also be safer, and would certainly ease some of the others tension as well.

Cfavano
11-24-2014, 12:33 AM
He nods. "I understand. To some unacquainted to it, killing can be quite a shock. I would like to get down to the matter of eliminating this threat as soon as possible, but the situation I am in calls for...subtlety. Some Inquisitors believe the Emperor’s work is best done by charging around the place like a grox in a ceramic emporium, leaving a trail of carnage and destruction in their wake, while others prefer not to let the enemies of all that’s good and holy get clean away by making it blindingly obvious they’re coming for them. We shall wait for now, and let it sink in." He nods, leaning against a tree and looking up at the moon. "So, I'm on Holy Terra, am I?" he muses to himself. "Well, I did always want to go and see it." He then looks at her. "I want you to tell me...everything."

Inverness
11-25-2014, 06:51 PM
Ichigo was relieved that he was agreeing to give the others time, and though speaking of this 'Emperor' was piquing her interest, it was also clear that now was not the time to be asking questions, merely answering them; she would see how much she could understand about his situation later. As Sebastian settled against a nearby tree, Ichigo nodded and moved to one adjacent, leaning against it and slowly sliding down into a seated position. While he mused aloud she watched in silence, unable to quell the raw curiosity growing within, what strange words he used.

However the question he posed was.. daunting, to say the least. It was both broad and vague, considering he knew nothing about her world, at least, in this age and time; that was the assumption she was operating under. With a deep breath she considered the best place to start... the beginning of the Mew's she supposed. With a soft clearing of her throat, she crossed her arms against the chill of the night and began.

"The man I mentioned, Ryo, I guess you could consider him the one who created us."

She blinked a bit and shook her head, that wouldn't do, she needed to be more thorough.

"By us I mean a group called 'The Mew'... Including myself there are five. We were human... are human. However when we transform our biology alters somewhat, we've been merged with the DNA of various different animals. Thus the cat attributes I have."

She glanced at him from her seat, and wondered if he'd be disgusted by these facts.. after all he did seem to show disdain for things like her. Suddenly afraid that she might see revulsion in his expression, she averted her eyes and stared at her hands instead.

"It's a magic I don't understand fully to be honest, we're all young women of a certain age.. perhaps it's a purity idea, but we exist for the sole purpose of protecting the earth and it's people from a recent alien invasion. So far the invasion is limited to Tokyo, I also don't know why that is.. maybe it's a trial run for something bigger scale. Regardless, these aliens attack by attaching pods to living creatures and transforming them into monsters, as you saw earlier. But whether it's because of our own animal merging, or something more, we are able to subdue the creatures and separate the pod from the original animal. Afterwards we dispose of the pods... they aren't exactly sentient, but the ones controlling the pods are. The true aliens rarely ever show themselves, and haven't been particularly forthcoming with their reasons for being here.."

She paused and shifted uncomfortably, she wanted to tell him that she knew for a fact not all of the aliens were necessarily evil, it seemed to her that they were forced to follow orders more than wanting to hurt anyone. But in the end what would that matter? It just seemed very unfortunate to her..

"What's peculiar is that when a pod does get loose, it appears to attack only industrial complexes, it never specifically targets human beings... though there is no care taken in IF someone gets hurt."

She paused there and sighed, wondering if she was doing a proper job in explaining things.

Cfavano
11-25-2014, 09:01 PM
"I see." He says, impassively, showing no emotion. "I was wrong in my assumption. You are not mutants, from how you described yourselves. Further examination and testing would be required before I gave you my sanction, though. If that would be acceptable to you." He takes out a flask, opens it, and takes a sip before offering it to Ichigo. "It's Sacra (a type of alcohol, very potent). It'll help calm your nerves." He looks back at the moon. "When I meet this Ryo, I must have all of his research notes on you...Mews, and whatever information he has on these Xenos, if I am to formulate an effective strategy."

He noted several things about what she said, how the Xenos did not directly target humans, but rather the infrastructure. He doubted that the invasion was only at this Hive, because by the time you notice an infestation, it has spread widely. He would have to look into it further.

Inverness
11-26-2014, 06:15 AM
It was peculiar how those first simple words cheered Ichigo up so extensively, without even realizing, she had been filled with silent tension at the thought of being considered monstrous by Sebastian. Perhaps it was not just related to him? She mused inwardly as he took a sip from a flask he had produced; surely it had to be that she didn't want to be considered a mutant by anyone. With a quiet exhale, her shoulders visibly relaxed and an unconscious smile formed her lips.

Glancing his direction, she blinked in surprise, seeing that he was offering her an opportunity to partake in whatever beverage the flask contained. He spoke as he held it out, and before even realizing what she was doing had reached out to take it from him. With the flask nestled gingerly in her hands, she stared at it, a full hue of pink rushing to brighten her cheeks. He had meant only to offer her something to calm nerves, she was fully aware of this, but all the same it was difficult to separate her reactions from a Japanese upbringing. He would be unaware of such, but in her culture the sharing of a beverage that had previously been sipped from was a rather intimate exchange, usually reserved for deep friendship or lovers. She was not a prude and would civilly accept his kind offer, regardless it took a moment before she composed herself enough to take a large drink from the flask. Immediately it burned the back of her throat and she coughed a little, having not expected it's strength; but even so she could feel it's warm descent into her belly, where it settled and radiated. A very pleasant sensation, Ichigo could feel even more unknown tension ebb away.

After a few minutes she moved to her feet and turned towards him, handing the flask back with a nod,

"Thank you for sharing, it's a bit strong, but pleasant."

She then leaned against the tree she had just been sitting under and continued,

"I'm glad to know you don't consider us mutants... it's been a difficult change, and sometimes negative thoughts like those can creep in to my consciousness... You mentioned examination and testing? What does that entail? We have time before meeting Ryo, if it's something to be done sooner rather then later?"

She glanced sidelong at him, thinking that she should feel some sort of apprehension at the concept of testing, however perhaps due to the Sacra's influence, she did not. A potent alcohol plus a lightweight woman seemed to equal perhaps too few nerves.

Cfavano
11-28-2014, 01:14 AM
"It is not something that can be done quickly. I do not know the level of technology you have, but the basics are a Genetic testing, to see how far your genome has changed, a complete physical exam, a psychological profile, and a psychic dredging of your mind." He shifts on his feet, and takes the flask back. "That last one is a deeply personal and, some would say, intimate experience. I would be entering the deepest, darkest parts of your mind, looking for any and everything that could be dangerous. You are completely aware of what I see, and it could bring back repressed memories. Some cannot handle it, and go insane. But it is the only way to ensure that you are not a traitor, or being used as a puppet. It might seem...invasive, but I assure you, I am very professional, and this has been proven to work for the last six thousand years. It is best done in private."

Inverness
11-29-2014, 07:00 AM
The apprehension she should have originally been feeling started to creep in, even through the warmth of the Sacra. Ryo would have the necessary equipment for Sebastian to use, in his laboratory; but that would have to wait until a little later. She glanced at her watch to confirm that they still had about an hour to go. The genetic testing, profile, and physical exam didn't phase her, but this dredging process sounded daunting. It wasn't that she had anything of substance to hide, at least not as far as this situation was concerned, but to allow someone else into the inner sanctum of her mind... to see everything she was, everything she thought and felt.. such a possibility made one feel vulnerable and small. Subconsciously Ichigo shivered and in response wrapped her arms about herself, averting her eyes to the dark sky. She ruminated in silence for awhile, letting the calmness of the park and the night sooth her nerves, if this could help clear the worries about exactly what they all were now, help her better understand the facts of her own existence, then of course she would do it.

With a nod that seemed a self affirmation, she looked back towards him.

"I'd trust you to do it."

She let the comment hang in the air for a pause, then pushed on.

"I cannot say the concept does not frighten me, but then again, what kind of person would I be if it didn't? Although I do not fear insanity... I doubt there is anything in my mind that could drive me to such. But I agree, it's not something to be done publicly; I think I'd even find it uncomfortable having those closest to me witness it... I imagine it would feel as though everyone could see into me. Even if they couldn't... I'd still feel.. transparent."

Again she shivered, but quickly composed herself.

"Anyway, I'd volunteer for such. Better me than the others.. just let me know when is the best time to do it. As well, Ryo will most likely have the equipment you need, we have about forty-five minutes till we head over to the cafe."

- - - - - - - - - -

He had retired to private quarters, having not wanted his comrades to read the blatant irritation on his face. It would not do to reveal too much about himself.. although they had been traveling together, and working together for a very long time, there were simply some things better left unknown.

Slipping into a seat next to another basin of silver liquid, he reached over and touched it ever so lightly, watching as the substance became suddenly transparent, the just as suddenly showed two figures conversing in a darkened park... their voices loud and clear to him.

This situation was becoming bothersome... to him, but also to the mission. They would need to act soon...

Cfavano
11-29-2014, 06:13 PM
"I'm glad that you trust me. I assure you, I will perform all the rites and protections, and take every precaution. I have done this many times. Sometimes, with resistance. Believe it or not, I am in more danger than you. If I were to, say, die in your mind, it would leave me a vegetable in the real world. But, considering the stability of the warp, or, rather, the fact that it is more stable than I'm used to, we should be safe." He watches her shiver, and takes off his coat, handing it to her. "Here, you must be cold."

Without his coat, she could see the many pouches, slings, and containers on his armored, for he is wearing armor, form. It's almost as if he is a one-man army. He even has a sword. The scabbard is quite plain, with the exception of a large red 'I' insignia and the phrase, in Gold lettering 'Innocentia Nihil Probat'. The crossguard itself also seems to be made of gold, and takes the shape of a two-headed eagle, with rubies inset into the eyes. The handle appears to be made of onyx or obsidian, with gold leaf designs.

Inverness
11-29-2014, 10:20 PM
Die in her mind!? The words startled Ichigo, she hadn't even considered such a possibility.. but surely there was no danger with her, letting him in willingly, and not trying to hide anything that wasn't too personal, that had to be safer right? She couldn't quite wipe the worried look from her gaze, but she smiled kindly nonetheless as he offered his coat. She accepted it gratefully and wrapped it around herself, enjoying that it was already warm from his own body heat. A very light and airy scent came from the coat, and although she couldn't place it because it was completely foreign, the smell was still pleasant, if not slightly mystifying. Sebastian was certainly full of surprises.. even an hour ago she would not have thought him interested in being so chivalrous towards someone like her.

"I seem to be thanking you a lot, you're being very kind towards me."

As her shivers began to subside, she watched him with an interested air, taking in all of the little details and nuances of his attire. What a scary man, it looked as though he was a walking armory, and she supposed, that is exactly what he was. Yet, the concept didn't seem to bother her as much as it would have before. Curious.

"Well perhaps we'll both be safe then. I won't resist, so I hope that means the danger to you will be lessened."

The concern in her voice was evident, as well as the tension, even if she acted completely brave there was still apprehension.