PDA

View Full Version : Only by a Margin {IC/RP thread}

Red Fox
09-06-2010, 09:58 PM
** First RP post is below this one, this one is reserved for info that will change**

This post will be edited as time goes with items, stat changes and new abilities.
I will use the awesome spoiler tags to keep things nice and tidy.
This post will be updated, whereas the OOC thread will remain basic.

Know that the “minibio” stating HP, MP and such will be posted in some of the GM posts.

- Lirdeyl
|-Stats
||- HP: 60/60
||- EN: 100/100
||- Armor: 2
||- RAWeapon Damage: 2 [+2] {4}
||- Mweapon Damage: 1
||--Xp: 20/100

LVL 1
Attributes
- Strength: [3]
- Intelligence: [5]
- Perception: [7]
- Agility: 7 [+2] ~{9}
- Dexterity: 8 [+2] ~{10}
- Stamina: 3
- Willpower: 2

Item list ([E]=equipped):
- [E] Base Armor +2
- [E] Short sword + 1
- [E] Simple Crossbow +2
|-[E] Quiver - 49 bolts
- Small backpack [20 slot] {16,5 left}
|-0 gold {0}
|-Torch {1}
|-flint & tinder {0,5}
|-foodstuffs {1}
|-2x weak healing potions (heals 20) {0,5}
|-2x weak mana potions (Heals 20) {0,5}
|-Journal. {0}

- Aimed Shot lvl1:
Energy: 30
**Requires bow or crossbow**
The ranger focuses on her target, and aims for a critical spot.
-Instant kill (Only works on lower level targets) - 5%
-Critical hit (triple damage) - 65%
-Double Damage - 25%
-Miss - 5%

- Sheela
|-Stats
||- HP: 100/100
||- Armor: 2
||- MWeapon Damage: 3 [+2] {5} x2
||--Xp: 70/100

LVL 1
Attributes
- Strength: 4 {4}
- Intelligence: 5 {5}
- Perception: 7 {7}
- Agility: 7 +1 {8}
- Dexterity: 7 +3 {10}
- Stamina: 5 {5}
- Willpower: 0 {0}

- [E] Base Leather Armor +2
- [E] Dual daggers + 3
- [E] Shortbow + 3
- Small backpack [20 slot] {16,5 left}
|-56 gold {0}
|-Lock picking set {0}
|-Torch {1}
|-flint & tinder {0,5}
|-foodstuffs {1}
|-4x weak healing potions (heals 20) {0,5}
|-Journal. {0}
|-2m rope {0}
|-Handful of pebbles. {0}

-Passive:
|-Lockpicking: [DEX check]
|-Investigate:
The rogue concentrates her being around finding small details previously not noted. This ability is almost like putting oneself in a half meditation, focusing all ones energy in one’s ability to see, hear and feel ones sorroundign area.
* +20% PER when used.*

===
Assassination Tree
---
- Back Stab lvl1:
Energy: 30
**Requires dagger or short sword**
If the assassin manages to sneak up behind a humanoid target undetected, the assassin can perform a back stab, that will result in one of the following.
-Instant kill - 10% (ONLY usable lower lvl targets)
-Critical hit (triple damage) - 55%
-Double Damage - 25%
-Fumble (miss + allowing enemy to retaliate) - 5%

- Hunter
|-Stats
||- HP: 160/160
||- AD : 0
||- Armor: 3
||- MWeapon Damage: 4/3 [+2] {6/5} ~x2
||--Xp: 75/100

LVL 1
Attributes
- Strength: 10 +1 {11}
- Intelligence: 0 +1 {1}
- Perseption: 5
- Agillity: 6 +1 +1 {8}
- Dexterity: 6
- Stamina: 8
- Willpower: 0

- [E] Base enforced Leather Armor +3
- [E L-hand] Broadsword + 3
- [E R-hand] Steel Broadsword + 4
- [E] Shortbow + 3
|-[E] Quiver - 15 arrows
- Small backpack [20 slot] {14 left}
|-0 Gold {0}
|-Broadsword + 3 {2}
|-Torch {1}
|-flint & tinder {0,5}
|-foodstuffs {1}
|-1x weak healing potions (heals 20) {0,5}
|-Journal. {0}

Sword Mastery:
---
Spinning Blades lvl1
AD : 15
The Blademaster starts spinning, aiming his blades at a single target having the chance of hitting with several attacks.
**One hit test, if it hits one of the following will happen**
-4 hits + Knockback - 10%
-4 hits - 20%
-3 hits - 30%
-2 hits - 30%
-Fumble, miss + allowing enemy to hit - 10%

- Charbakk
|-Stats
||- HP: 120/120
||- MP: 220/220
||- Armor: 1
||- MWeapon Damage: 1 [+2] {3}
||--Xp: 10/100

LVL 1
Attributes
- Strength: [1]
- Intelligence: [9] +2 {11}
- Perseption: [6] +1 {7}
- Agillity: [6]
- Dexterity: [2]
- Stamina: [6]
- Willpower: [7] +1 {8}

- [E] Base Cloth Armor +1
- [E] Wooden Staff +1
- Small backpack [20 slot] {12,5 left}
|-Spellbook {0}
|-0 gold {0}
|-Torch {1}
|-flint & tinder {0,5}
|-foodstuffs {1}
|-2x weak healing potions (heals 20) {0,5}
|-Journal. {0}
|-Common Scythe +3 {3}

-Smiting Heal lvl1
MP: 30
The Cleric sends out a magical sphere of holy energy that is aimed at an intended target. Based on what thought the Cleric focuses into the spell it will eiter heal or damage
If it hits, it causes a base (WIL *2) + D20
-Thriple Damage/Heal - 5%
-Double Damage/Heal - 20%
-Normal Damage/Heal - 65%
-Half Damage/Heal - 5%
-Swaps polarity - 5% (heals instead of damages, damages instead of heals. Half damage/heal is done)

Red Fox
09-06-2010, 09:58 PM
==================
++++Visual Info++++
==================
You awake in a damp cave-looking area. It seems to be around almost dome shaped and around 6ish meters in diameter (1m ~3ft). The walls are slightly wet to the touch as well as surprisingly smooth, but the floor you are lying on is surprisingly dry.
Around you are some bones scattered, from rats as well as a few human(oid)s, some of the bones have teeth marks on them.
There is the smell of rot and mold in the stale air that surround you, and on the walls are two torches slowly using up the air where you are.
To one side there is a hallway that you see breaks left its walls being tiled with large stones stabled on-top of each other with the occasional wooden frame to support these again, whereas the room you are in have no other entry or exit points.

Questions like; where are you? Who did you get there? Who are these others lying around here with me?
And more might come to your mind, but one thing is clear; this does not seem to be a place you wish to stay in for an extended period of time.

==================
+++Other/GM Note+++
==================
Basically, you awake in this room with the fellow characters, feel free to act like your char would act.
You remember what you were doing before, then like someone skipped a few tracks on the DVD you are suddenly in here without any recollection of how or why.

You have your items as described in your char sheets.

For dialogue, no GM intervention is needed, so feel free to talk or move amongst yourself as you wish.

If you are the kind that likes to RP even in these kinds of settings (please do ^^) then please make a simple “action list” at the bottom of your post, so that I can note things even if I'm tired or shit ^^

An example might be like this
-Actions: Red Fox uses power strike on Goblin 1
You don’t have to add dialogue or shit like this into it unless it is “vital”, basically add things that will require GM fingers in it to work, the rest you can RP out.

Also, know that attacking/stealing from fellow teammates IS allowed, if you are doing a ‘secret’ move or something that you don’t want the others to know, PM me with said info and it will be dealt with accordingly.
In some cases, one of you might receive a PM with information or something like this that only your char sees/notices, and it is up to you how/if you inform your companions about this.

Now, enjoy, and if there is anything feel free to ask in the OOC/Signup topic or in an ‘in game OOC’ along your post.

spirits breath
09-07-2010, 01:00 AM
Shaking his head, Charbakk rested his right hand on his beak. The hand moved up and down over the hard appendage. His eyes quickly adjusted to the light, thankfully they still worked like a charm. As he stood up, he dusted off his face and his robes. Taloned feet made twin scratch marks in the ground below him as he wondered exactly hw he would come across to getting some little hint on why he somehow decided to walk in this cave. Hypnotized, the few sleepless nights? Maybe the compelling urge to want to go spleunking

Charbakk began to pace around, gripping his staff in a fashion to defend himself. this he did in a total defence form while looking for some pathway or route to figure out more about his surroundings though using perception.

After, the kenku began to speak. Seeing this as an opportunity to figure out more about his 'comrades'. His voice came out with both curiosity and question. "i am Charbakk, a cleric, though I can easily see you are all armed to the flesh. And though I would have to add. I am more than ready to make you a meal to the inhabitants down here. But as long as there is no reason to, don't ruffle my feathers."

((look for bold. i got two things that would be checked on. Total defence. and a perception check on the cavern for any other paths.))

Red Fox
09-07-2010, 01:05 AM
==================
+++Other/GM Note+++
==================
To all players.
In this 'starting room'.
There are no traps, there is no treasure, there is no other way around/out.
It is as it is, a cave with only one entrance/exit.

Shenorai
09-07-2010, 01:09 AM
Sheela rubbed her eyes upon hearing the voice. Her eyes looked around the cave only to land on the strange bird before her. Sheela sat up and rubbed her eyes, blinking as she was trying to figure out what this was, exactly.

I swear, I need to cut down on the ale, she thought to herself.

But no, the halfling hadn't touched a drop. No hangover, after all. But she slapped her sleeping leg a few times to try and get circulation back into it.

"...nice to meet you, Charbakka, I guess," was her response. "I'm Sheela...but I doubt I'd make much of a meal for anything."

At least, she hoped not.

-=-=-

Action: Awoke, greeted Charbakk, introduced self.

Kaede
09-07-2010, 05:55 AM
Lirdeyl quickly found herself awake by the exchange between the Halfling and the birdthing, and as she sat up proceeded to rub her eyes, geez it sure smelled worse then a giant's fart in here - effing dead people... Then again.

They might be the ones who died next.

"If you done splitting hairs and ruffling feathers, we can leave this place, yes? I, Lirdeyl."

Spending as little time as possible laying on the floor she took out her crossbow and surveyed the chamber before letting her eye rest at the one entrance into the chamber.

and if someone had to die, well. then she'd rather it be people in front of her then people behind her.

-------------------------------
Action:

Woke up, spoke to the Kenku and the Halfling, stood up and looked around the chamber before watching the one doorway armed and... merely vaguely dangerous.

Shenorai
09-07-2010, 08:05 PM
The halfling jumped upon hearing the woman speak. She didn't even realize she was awake! Everyone is so damn jumpy...

"Mnh...fine," Sheela muttered as she scooted her way towards the last male. She started to knock on that leather hide he was wearing. Hell, the halfling's tiny compared to the rest of them. A simple knock won't hurt anything.

"...wake up, Hunter," she urged. C'mon, ya big oaf...before I get eaten!

-=-

Action: Agree and go wake up Hunter.

Hera Ledro
09-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Gold, silver, jewels...the rubies alone would pay for their food for a lifetime. But how was he to get them when they kept running away? It was like the treasure had grown tiny invisible legs and was fleeing from his outstretched hand. With his blade in claw, he ran after it. Nothing would stop him from getting that damned treasure!

Hunter awoke with a start. His entire body shook and he jerked upright, coming face to face with...something. His vision was too blurry, the sounds too mumbled. All he made out was "Hunter" from the blur's direction. How did it know his name?

Raising his hackles, the scaly Hunter reached behind his back and gripped his blade, trying to blink the bluriness from his eyes. Eventually, the world before him cleared...and he came face to face with Sheela.

Lowering his hackles, he said, "Sheela?" Hunter probed his memory; what was he doing? Why were they laying around in a cavern? Where were the others? And to that matter...

"At least tell me we managed to off Hugo before we got knocked out," Hunter gritted. He pulled himself upright and released his broadsword. He shook his head slightly and looked around. There were others...thankfully, Hugo was nowhere in sight. Not so thankfully, the smell in the air was rancid. Casting his eyes around the room, he noticed that there were skeletons strewn all about the floor; some were even propped up on the walls, hanging from jagged edges.

Hunter didn't waste his time evaluating his surroundings; that could come later, if he got into a fight with one of his 'roommates'. Instead he looked each of them up and down, aside from Sheela. A bird-like creature was there, but why was it holding a staff? It was certainly a vicious-looking thing; Hunter could have sworn that beak was serrated, but when he looked again it seemed normal.

The other was a...woman? Hunter squinted...a human? No...the ears were pointed. An elf, then? Minimal light made it difficult to discern exactly what she was, but Hunter could tell by the way she held her crossbow that she was not one to have as an enemy. Not if it could be helped, anyways.

Turning back to Sheela, he asked, "Dammit...last thing I remember was a fight, and then planning a way for us to kill Hugo." By way of explanation, Hunter said to the rest of the congregation, "You wouldn't understand until you met him. Annoying loud-mouth and attention-seeking prick." Hunter bent down and grabbed his rucksack off the ground. Still relatively light...but based on the clanging, he assumed his other swords were still in there. With a joyful "Ah!" Hunter found his shortbow near his pack, as well as his quiver of arrows.

Hunter shouldered his pack and unstrung his bow before moving towards what seemed to be the entrance. "I've no interest in staying here and starving Sheela. Are you coming?" He stopped and shifted his gaze to the rest of the company. Would they follow? Of course they would...what was there for them to do here?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Action: Wake up, talk with Sheela et al., and move to the entrance.

Red Fox
09-08-2010, 01:28 PM
==================
+++Other/GM Note+++
==================

Well, mingle, chat, deduce classes.
The need for me does nto really start until you actually round the corner in that hallway thing.
So, feel free to check item listings or lick the next ones swords ^^

Kaede
09-08-2010, 02:01 PM
At least someone who was willing to take command awoke. Better for them to move first, to spring whatever traps there were.

Moving with relative ease in the low lightning she followed after hunter a good few meters behind him. The Kenku could sit and rot for all she cared, though he had said he was a cleric... if it was a he... regardless a cleric would be good to have along for the ride.

For now however just silently following the Tincan was to be what she did. Whatever else was to be arranged for when it was a need to arrange for it. She stopped momentarily to strap the crossbow to one of the pack slings. Having it able to be dropped without it hitting the ground. She also confirmed that her shortsword hung where it was supposed to hang, having confirmed this she continued to walk a short distance behind Hunter, while using her perception to keep an eye out for trouble.

People who are saved once or twice tend to not sink their blade between their saviour's shoulder blades.

------------------
Follows Hunter into the hallway while making sure equipment is secure.

Rolling Perception checks ALL TEH TIEMS.

Red Fox
09-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Rolling Perception checks ALL TEH TIEMS.

==================
+++Other/GM Note+++
==================
Perception checks are done automatically when needed.
Like, if you are about to enter a trap, I will roll a PER check, based on if it works or fails shit will happen.

The only time that a PER check is manually started, is if you have a special search skill or if you choose to investigate a certain thing.
Like if you find a corpse, and you choose ot investigate it. The details you realize is tied to your PER stat.

So yes, traps and shit is auto-checked based on your current mental state.
if you are loafing about, its less active than if you are on your toes (like the lot of you are now)

spirits breath
09-08-2010, 04:18 PM
With a light nod, he spoke with a slight annoyance. "I am charbakk, no Charbakka halfling. Any if I might add, you look like you can hold a bit of your own. No ticks on me." He opened his beak in a yawn. Tongue ring clanking against his lower beak. With a few steps, he began to walk towards the mouth of the cave.

His voice perked up for a moment before fading back down to a normal dark tone. "Lirdeyl? Odd name. But if we are all ready to leave this cave, I would prefer for us to leave before the original inhabitant returns." He figeted with his staff a few times, draggong the end along the caves floor.

His yellow eyes looked at Hunter, following his gaze to himself. He spoke with question. "Enjoy the spectacle? Most kenkus are rogues. but hey, othing is better than the feeling of deception." He turned to walk closer to the exit. "I can stand to get out of here. smells like a bad morning or night.

OOC: "Who knows, this may go to a tarvern?"

(just did a bit of chatting and working on rounding the others out of the cave by leawding them.)

Red Fox
09-08-2010, 04:57 PM
OOC: "Who knows, this may go to a tarvern?"
I knows~! ^^

And to speed things a little up!

==================
++++Visual Info++++
==================
As you round the corner of the rather large hallway, being 3m wide and 4m tall (1m ~3ft) the hallway goes on for what looks to be around 50ish meters, it is dimly lit by torches (brignt enough to see things on the floor) along the walls fashioned in a zig-zag pattern; where one torch is on the left, the next is on the right.. etc.
The end of it seems to break right.

However, beside this empty hallway, one thing forces you to focus on the center of this hallway.
Almost halfway down it, you see the clear existence of a person, or rather the remnants of one.
The man is a solidly built man. He wears a black leather T-shirt and grey leather pants. Black boots with grey laces make up his footwear. Though his body goes several metal spikes, completely perforating it all the way to the ceiling of the hallway.
The stance he has, which is supported by the spikes, seems to be that of a weird attack pose, which is backed up by the black and grey scythe (blade black, handle grey) that is on the floor beside him.
Due to how the blood is flowing, and how dry it is, it seems to hgave happened less than an hour ago.

In front of him are a small pack of rats, a total of 4 of them, one being the size of a common cat whereas the others are half its size.
One could gather from this view, that he charged ahead towards these rats, with the intention of killing them, but by doing so he activated a spike trap that killed him where he stood, freezing him in stance.

Beside this now corpse, the hallway looks fine and nothing special.

Hera Ledro
09-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Hunter smirked at the obvious unease of his erstwhile companions. Sheela looked like she was afraid of being eaten, the elf seemed innately strained - perhaps paranoid? - and the bird had the air of defensive arrogance (had he called himself a kenku?). Everyone was so...uneasy.

"Relax," Hunter said. "It's one thing to be on your guard, but quite another to be paranoid." Turning his head back slightly, he said, "I doubt we'll have too much to fear right now. If the dungeon Sheela and I were last in is any example, then the traps at the start are not too bad. If your appearance is any indicator," here Hunter motioned to the elf, "then you are attuned to your surroundings. It will be easier to spot traps with both you and Sheela on the job; it was her specialty last time." Turning fully to the 'kenku', Hunter said, "I don't know your strengths, but I am sure they will come in handy. Your staff makes me wonder if you are some form of spellcaster, and those are always an advantage.

"But if we are done with the niceties," Hunter clipped, "I agree it would be wise to move on. As you so rightly acknowledged, erm...'Charbakk', something left these bones behind." He walked over and picked up a skull, examining it. "There are gashes on the back of this skull; something left those gashes, and I'd rather not stick around to find out what."

He rose and looked into the entrance. "Sheela, perhaps you should scout ahead for traps. We'll follow behind, and our elf friend can do a double-check as we progress." Hunter wasn't an idiot; he had no idea who these newfound allies were, nor where they came from. He would be damned if he let them out of his sight. Sheela he knew well enough to trust, these other two...he knew only for a few moments.

Hunter moved around the corner and stared ahead. After his eyes adjusted, he saw...something. Was it a person? As he moved forward slowly, he began to make out the details. Blood covered the body in odd angles. It was only once his eyes fully adjusted that he decided to step back again. Holding an arm out to stop any bypassers, he called back, "Wait!" He stopped after a few steps and said back to Sheela, "You'll never guess what's ahead of us, dear: Hugo. The scythe tears it; I don't know of anybody who uses a weapon like his, and few enough are stupid enough to just run ahead."

Motioning to the two women, he said, "I think it would be wise if you both checked for traps. I don't know about you, but I would rather avoid being spiked like that."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Actions: Evaluate party members and request Sheela scout ahead. Suggest they continue forward. Notice the body of Hugo and send both women to scout ahead for traps.

Kaede
09-08-2010, 07:04 PM
I'm not sure I want to hear that I have a strange name from someone who for starters would make a splendid pillow filling... but whatever, besides this Rivvalin seems to have it under control.

So as she positioned herself ahead of the rest, confident that the halfling would run on ahead, Though as she came to the corner she silently began to describe what was around the corner to the others in dark elf sign language... until she realized that they were no dark elves and thus wouldn't have a clue she actually meant anything.

Though the view itself was quite interesting, it was... someone, armed with an actual scythe... the farming implement, not - as per a war scythe, but, well whatever... besides what did he plan to assault? The rats? or was there a threat that had moved since then? Regardless, the rats were admittedly quite large, and by the way they drank the seeping blood quite delightfully, she was somewhat sure they meant to nom through the rest of him too.

Sure as sure when Hunter came around the corner, and had time for his rivallin eyes to get used to the new light sources he spotted the impaled corpse.

Lirdeyl directed her attention to the hallway itself and began to search for whatever neat mechanism activated this trap. While keeping an eye on the rats to see if they left their prey, as unlikely as that would be, it never hurt to keep an eye out. Slowly taking a step forward while trying to make sure to not trigger anything horrible.

------

Action:

Noted the on new things!

am keeping an eye on the rats while searching for traps... hopefully to be assisted by a certain halfling!

Shenorai
09-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Sheela dragged herself to her feet and was weaving around past everyone to get ahead. She was the rogue, after all. Any traps that needed disarming or any doors that needed unlocking were all her expertise.

But just as Hunter had recognized the unfortunate fellow up ahead, she couldn't help but to crack a wide smile. Inside, she was leaping with joy, laughing with glee as she danced around in circles and clicked her heels with every prance! Outside? She covered her mouth and was trying very hard not to let out much more than a snicker.

"Justice," she sneered when she was finally calm enough to pull her hand away. "Good eye, Hunter. That's one problem out of the way."

But now, it was her task - no, her duty - to creep ahead as silently as the floor would allow her to be. Her eyes swept from one wall to the next, examining every brick, every disturbed object, even glancing up at the ceiling for any unusual constructions, holes, wires, stones, anything. The fallen Hugo, as hilarious as she found it to be, also served as a deadly warning that these halls are not to be trekked through lightly.

-=-

Actions: Celebrate Hugo's death as quietly as possible, move ahead and Investigate the halls.

-=-

Edited for result of the Investigation...

The only thing out of the ordinary that Sheela noticed (with the exception of Hugo pinned against the wall, of course) was a depressed block in the floor. Considering the distance from the spikes, logic told her that this stone was meant to set off those spikes. Even after a few experimental presses, the depressed block didn't move or spring back.

The halfling raised her arm and motioned her hand forward. A signal that it was safe to proceed, even with those rats. Sure, cat-sized may not be that large to her colleagues, but they were still pretty large to her.

Hera Ledro
09-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Hunter waited, suppressing a malicious chuckle. Hugo. Dead. Finally. Damned boy obviously thought himself invincible. The world was better off without such arrogance, in Hunter's opinion, but the sight of Hugo's mangled carcass still sobered him a little. It reminded him that this dungeon was deadly; there could be traps anywhere, and even the slightest miscalculation could kill them all.

The Kariyu-Shina watched the elf - Lirdeyl, had Charbakk called her? - as she scouted ahead. He kept a portion of his senses focused on Sheela in case anything happened, but the majority of it focused on Lirdeyl. She filled him with a sense of unease - the way she moved through the tunnel, lithe yet firm, made him think of other-worldly things. What was she? A bird-man was nothing beyond reason; even Hunter, a lizard-like Kariyu-Shina, was not uncommon in the world. Elves, however, were much more mysterious. Even more fascinating was the darker aura surrounding her.

A movement caught Hunter's eye; he turned his head and saw Sheela giving the okay to move ahead. He cursed himself inwardly; here he was supposed to be keeping an eye out for Sheela, and instead he found himself enraptured by the mystique of Lirdeyl. Hunter moved forward at a swift pace, coming up alongside Sheela and crouching down. He tapped the indented stone as she had. He allowed his gaze to roam towards Hugo, and let out the smile he'd been holding in. His sharp teeth showed beneath the lips. "At least he served a purpose in his idiocy. Setting off traps is what he did, if I recall correctly."

Hunter stood up and skirted the blades, looking down at the rats. "What odd creatures...still, not as big as the dock rats from my home." He turned back to Sheela and the others. "Alright, we'd best be on our way. Sheela and I will go ahead; Lirdeyl, I want you and Charbakk to bring up the rear as a guard. Stay at least ten meters behind us. If we are attacked in any way, I want you two to act as support." He smiled. "After all, why would we let them know exactly how big our party is?" He returned his gaze to the rats. "What d'you think, Sheela? Should we spike them or just keep going?"

Action: Evaluate Sheela's findings and issue a plan. Ask what they feel should be done about the rats; after all, anything here can be a threat.

spirits breath
09-09-2010, 03:03 PM
As about the first to round the corner, and the only one to realize how practical a sythe is for combat. Perfect for rendering about anything without a leg or two. Even to systematicly cut off any limb with the right motion. Charbakk soon redied himself for his own trip across. double checking that the halfling saw. they didn't know each other well enough to simply follow ones trip through a potentially trapped path.Though based on the mans movements, there wasn't any until his body.

Though he made cautious movements down the hallways length. "Never hurts to make sure to watch your own tail feathers in these situations." His cheeks moved up sickly before he made his first step.

He gave a light laugh as hunter exclaimed the size of the rats. "I should see about taking a trip to your docks. Would be able to feast every day then. And these are rather harmless. The ones with the bones sticking out of them (dire rats) or even the dreaded wererats. Only heard tales of them. your best friend could be one, then at night try to stab you to death and eat you."

He soon had one thing in mind, he could easily sell the scythe then he got into town. Nothing like a few silver at best extra. slowely he removed the scythe from the dead mans grip. "No sense letting it go to waste, plus I would enjoy a few more coins." he headed over to the rest, and observed the small rats. "What are we waiting for?" He scanned the ahead area before taking a few steps ahead.

(rolled perception on the hall to double check for traps. Said that he wouldn't mind some rat meat. Took the scythe. checked ahead of the group, where he started to take a few cautious steps.)

Red Fox
09-09-2010, 04:08 PM
==================
+++Other/GM Note+++
==================
Charbakk loots teh scythe from the floor and walks ahead.
The scythe is a +3 one, but due to lack of training (it requires an unique skill(lets call it exotic or some bullshit like this ^^)) using it without skill in it will make it harder to hit properly
Charbakk "backpack" it (3 slots).

Shenorai
09-10-2010, 01:23 AM
Sheela shook her head, regarding the rats. "You'd be surprised how loud these rodents can be. Ever heard a live rabbit be ensnared and eaten by a boa? Loudest screeches I've ever heard. Let's not alert anything large to our presence just yet," she reasoned to her companion in a low voice.

Sheela's fingered the pommels of her twin daggers. Admittedly, this dungeon had already made her nervous. Sure, Hugo's stupidity led him to run into the spikes. But chances are, there are more complex traps scattered around. Not to mention she had no idea what Hugo was running about. For all she knows, he may have been trying to scare off an enemy and wound up as a pincushion.

But for now, Sheela merely waited for the go-ahead from everyone else.

-=-=-

Actions: Disagree with killing the rats, wait on the others.

spirits breath
09-11-2010, 12:42 AM
Rounding the corner, and bypassing the rats. The kenku broke towards the right, he starts to hear strange noises. Getting closer, he notices that is is no language he understands, but of some sound more or less common the more he tried to figure out what it was that was being said. First things he picks up would be Tasteh, green, and dangly. his tongue and beak spoke near inaudibly, directing it to himself. "What could that be? Tasty, so something is being eaten. Green would be a color, but something green with dangling. Could it be a trap? Dangle from a rope. green could be acid or poison, even if it was grass?" Charbakk turned and made quick steps to Sheela. He whispered with a dark accent. "There has to be a trap in the grass or trees. not sure where, but we should avoid anything green for a while until you may be able to find it and hopefuly disable it." He waited a moment before his cheeks rose. "Actually, we could push them into the trap and in a sence, easy pickings." He then hurried back to where he just was to continue down the halls to another bend.

Around the bend, Charbakk saw three small goblins wearing ragged cloth and seeming to carry some rusty and rather dull looking daggers. More than likely the ones who set the trap up to protect or certainly kill something. To his knowledge, they seem to just be standing and talking. Though without knowledge of goblin language, he would never know. With a wave, he ushered for his newfound allies forward to his position. He may not have to trust them, but the goal was shared. Get out alive, and when safe can decide if they want to be with each other or not.

Hera Ledro
09-13-2010, 12:42 PM
Hunter nodded. "Good point Sheela...I'd forgotten about that." Hunter kept an eye on Charbakk. The - kenku, had he called himself? - had the idiocy to break formation. Hunter bit back a scathing comment when Charbakk returned, informing them of the possibility of another trap. How Hunter managed to understand that was beyond even him, though, since the bird-man obviously had issues speaking the common tongue.

The Charbakk did it again. He broke formation. I swear, if he turns out like Hugo, I'll spike him myself, Hunter thought viciously. While not the 'official' leader of the group, Hunter expected that his teammates would have the wherewithal and good sense to listen to each other. At Charbakk's wave, Hunter moved forward, still indignant. Initiative was wonderful, splendid, amazing even. Naivite and ignorance were not.

As Hunter came up beside Charbakk, he said, "You would do well to remember we're in an unknown and hostile territory, Charbakk. We cannot afford to lose our allies, so do not move ahead again unless you are sure somebody watching your back." Leaving his admonishment hanging, Hunter stared ahead at the goblins. "Well Sheela, it looks like we'll have to make some noise after all." Turning to Lirdeyl, he said, "Lirdeyl, do you think you can go ahead and draw them around this corner? If we can catch them off guard, we should be able to dispatch them easily." Hunter looked at Sheela and Charbakk; his gaze lingered heavily on the latter. "I want you two to stay here, behind the corner. I'll keep an eye on Lirdeyl and make sure she doesn't get ambushed. If something happens I will call you, and I need an immediate response." Hunter nodded to Lirdeyl. "Alright; let's do this."

Actions: Join Charbakk, berate him, and outline a plan of attack (since they obviously have to).

Kaede
09-15-2010, 10:38 AM
Lirdeyl had simply followed the party along in silence, there wasn't a whole lot to say in this situation anyway, and for all intents and purposes she didn't mind to be left alone. At least in the social form - the inherent protection of a larger group was comforting to say the least.

And with an obvious "tincan" in the group it was wise to stay with him, in a tunnel like this that meant they had a blocker. Which means keeping harms way out of lirdeyl's face. Which was good, though in Lirdeyl's mind, the fact that she was supposedly to act bait all of a sudden certainly didn't sit well with her, but she could see why.... lest they planned to throw the halfling at them for damage she was the only one who could turn people into needle cushions, if needles were finger thick bolts tipped with pointy death.

Lirdeyl nodded at hunter and his request, feeling it wise to keep her voice down. Before skulking off to peer around the corner hugging it closely while hunkering down. First things first, first of all nail one of the siffat gol and then see what happened. Hunkering down and out from the corner near the ground, she brought up her crossbow and aimed before pulling the release!

Action:

Follows party, Nods at hunter, Skill use: AIMED SHOT at goblin!

Red Fox
09-15-2010, 04:12 PM
====================
+++Friendly Combat++++
====================
-Lirdeyl attacks Goblin 1
-Dice check: Hit
|-Using Aimed Shot – Critical hit ~3x damage
-Damage: 84

==================
++++Visual Info++++
==================
Lirdeyl tilts just enough of her upper around the corner, so that her crossbow bolt is clear of the stone-slab walls.
Taking care to aim, focusing on her target, the trigger is pulled, sending a pointy projectile towards the goblin in her aim.
The three goblins barely manage to realize the sound before there is a bolt sticking out of a bleeding head wound of the goblin that now took up a rather limp pose on the floor.

The other two goblins look at the corpse of their friend, towards the elf that shot it, back at their friend then at each other.
They lift their rusty, and not very sharp looking, blades over their head and run towards the archer while letting out the best war-cry their small voices are able to do, getting closer to the group.

====================
++++Stat Changes+++++
====================
- Lirdeyl
|-Stats
||- EN: -30 ~ 70/100
||--Xp: +10 ~ 10/100

- Goblin 1
|-Stats
||- HP: -84 ~ 0/?? ~ Dead

- Goblin 2
|-Stats
||- HP: ??/??

- Goblin 3
|-Stats

Kaede
09-16-2010, 10:11 AM
That certainly woke the Gob's from their battering over seemingly nothing.

Lirdeyl leaned back in to the rest of the group with a slight grin on her face over the dead goblin, it was a near perfect shot! right into its skull, she was getting giddy just thinking about the goblins grey matter having a pointy argument with the bolt as it passed through its parking space.

"Well, they are heading this way now."

While she was talking she slid another bolt into the bow and leaned out for another potshot at the incoming gob's.

Action:

Reaction to HEADSHOT \o/, inform party of INCOMIIINNGG, and pew pew again without skill use.

spirits breath
09-16-2010, 01:01 PM
With a steady retreat, Charbakk moved into a position behind the two engaged in combat. This way, he would have time to defend himself and react if there is any incoming fire. But before he retreated, He pointed his staff towards goblin 2 and then began to send out a smite to it. Using his hand to cast it, and his staff as more out in front as if ready to be used to jab a goblin back.

"Do not worry about me as much. Moreso, I prefer to trust my own sensec over someone who may want me dead. I have seen what you skinned folk have done with chickens. I am not letting that happen. But we will talk after these goblins are gone, and the potential trap is taken care of. Though how about spiking one at a time. we can flank it and it would be killed easier."

(moved back, casted smite at goblin 2. gave combat suggestion and talked back)

Red Fox
09-16-2010, 01:43 PM
====================
+++Friendly Combat++++
====================
-Lirdeyl attacks Goblin 2
-Dice check: Miss
-Damage: 0

-Charbakk attacks Goblin 2
-Dice check: Hit
Using Smiting heal (damage) – Normal damage
-Damage: 19

==================
++++Visual Info++++
==================
The elf pops out and releases the arrow aimed for another of the goblins, but for some reason the arrow flies past the small creature, in fact it hits the ceiling and disappears into the darkness.

Following his teammates movement, the large birdcreature does his own attack, creating a gray-white sphere in his hand that flies and ends up discharging in the chest of his target.

The one that was hit stutters a little, but continues the charge.

====================
++++Stat Changes+++++
====================
- Lirdeyl
|-Stats
||- EN: 70/100
||--Xp: 10/100

- Charbakk
|-Stats
||- MP: -30 ~190/220
||--Xp: 0/100

- Goblin 1
|-Stats
||- HP: Dead

- Goblin 2
|-Stats
||- HP: [color=”DarkRed”]-19[/color ] /?? ~ Does not seem hindered.

- Goblin 3
|-Stats

Hera Ledro
09-17-2010, 12:17 PM
"You don't say," Hunter muttered at Lirdeyl's exclamation. The goblins were upon them. Hunter silently thanked the seasons that Lirdeyl's shot had hit its mark. Two goblins were little to no trouble; three were a nuisance that had to be put down.

And then Charbakk did it; he disobeyed a direct order. Normally, it wasn't so bad, but he endangered the entire group by doing so! I swear to the goddess, I will skin him alive, Hunter roared mentally. The little bastard...How dare he endanger the group!

Hunter waited, ensuring that Lirdeyl wouldn't be overwhelmed. When she re-engaged the goblins, Hunter sprang out from the corner and attacked the leftmost goblin, unsheathing his blades and performing a deadly spin attack on the goblin who was unfortunate enough to be hit by Charbakk's smite attack.

Actions: Get furious over Charbakk's impudency and idiocy, then attack the goblin hit by Charbakk's Smite attack.

Red Fox
09-17-2010, 01:00 PM
====================
+++Friendly Combat++++
====================
-Hunter attacks Goblin 2
-Dice check: Hit/hit
-Damage: 34/32 ~ 66

==================
++++Visual Info++++
==================
After some mental yelling, Hunter springs forward, pulling his blades he spins around letting his blades glint in the fire-lit hallway as the blood from his target sprays the floor and wall as two deep gashes opens up the goblin’s body to the moldy air around the group.

The last goblin, having seen the murder of his friends, stops in his tracks, getting purdy scared due to logical reasons.

====================
++++Stat Changes+++++
====================

-Hunter
|-Stats
||- AD : +15 ~ 15/100
||--Xp: +10 ~ 70/100

- Lirdeyl
|-Stats
||--Xp: +5 ~ 15/100

- Charbakk
|-Stats
||- MP: 190/220
||--Xp: +5 ~ 5/100

- Goblin 1
|-Stats

- Goblin 2
|-Stats
||- HP: -66 /?? ~ Dead.

- Goblin 3
|-Stats
||- HP: ??/?? ~ Is a tad scared

==================
+++Other/GM Note+++
==================
Also, I sort of forgot to start the energy regen of the ranger ^^;
Though it won’t matter much in this round, and since it slams back to 100% after the right its not critical.
But yes…. Sowwy~

Shenorai
09-17-2010, 03:11 PM
"Less talky, more slashy!" the pipsqueak of the group piped up.

Finally, after eagerly awaiting for those goblins to get within range, Sheela ran out behind and around Hunter, mostly to keep the hell away from Lirdeyl's line of fire. Hunter seemed to take care of his immediate opponent just fine.

Not taking much heed to which side of the remaining goblin she was on - just as long as he was between herself and Lirdeyl's bow - Sheela charged ahead with her twin daggers, leaping forward to deal a nice pair of slashes across the leathery sides!

-=-=-=-=-

Actions: Pretty much tell the quarreling duo to stfu before charging in to attack with both daggers.

Red Fox
09-17-2010, 10:44 PM
====================
+++Friendly Combat++++
====================
-Sheela attacks Goblin 3
-Dice check: Hit/hit
|-Damage modifier: Critical hit
-Damage: 18/18 ~36 x 2.5 ~ 90

==================
++++Visual Info++++
==================
Sheela ‘appears’ behind Hunter’s shadow, not that it helped that the goblins’ companion were just killed in a gory faction.
The glint of two steel pieces showed themselves before they ended up hilt deep into the goblins’ chest and head.
Falling to its back after the metal pieces were withdrawn marked the end of this battle.

====================
++++Stat Changes+++++
====================
-Sheela
|-Stats
||- HP: 100/100
||--Xp: +10 ~ 70/100

-Hunter
|-Stats
||- AD : +15 ~ 15/100
||--Xp: +5 ~ 75/100

- Lirdeyl
|-Stats
||--Xp: +5 ~ 20/100

- Charbakk
|-Stats
||- MP: 190/220
||--Xp: +5 ~ 10/100

- Goblin 1
|-Stats

- Goblin 2
|-Stats
||- HP: Dead.

- Goblin 3
|-Stats
||- HP: -90~ Dead.

==================
++++Visual Info++++
==================
As the battle stopped being a battle, one could again take a look around.
The hallway was almost identical as the other one, save that there were no impaled man, just dead goblins, and in the distance the hallway broke a very sharp left turn.

Shenorai
09-17-2010, 11:08 PM
Sheela grinned at her victory, taking the time to wipe her daggers off - preferably on whatever cloth that goblin was wearing - before sheathing them.

"Well, that was fun. Nice shot back there, Lirdeyl. Wish I was that good with my bow," the halfling smiled lightheartedly as she motioned her head to the bow on her back.

Sheela began to search the fallen goblins for anything useful. "Though, I doubt Hugo would've died thanks to these guys. I mean, sure, he runs headfirst into everything, but I figured him to charge in for something bigger."

-=-=-

Actions: Victory! ...and praise Lirdeyl before pillaging the corpses.

spirits breath
09-21-2010, 04:09 PM
He spoke proudly and unknowingly that he had unintentionally angered some of the other members of the group. "that went well, though I would still take caution for a trap. there has to be something of value concerning that you wouldn't make two traps for no reason. But What you don't loot, I will."

As he moved around, Charbakk placed his beak over hunter's shoulder, lightly resting it on it as his right hands claws lightly felt her hair. "So, why are you so mad at me? I can easily defend myself and keep any of you alive long enough to go for a swim in a volcano. Plus you look cute if I may add." His cheeks warmed up as he blushed under his feathers. "What do you say we continue our journey, if you wish, you can lead. But I am a leader at heart, not a follower. So if you want it, take the opportunty, but I can lead us out of here alive and healthy."

Actions: be completly unaware how much he has some people ready to put him on a spit and roast him for thanksgiving. Try to flurt with hunter in a jokingly way, in a sence baiting him for a cheap laugh. Exclaim that he would take what the others don't.(the few coins add up) And proclaim himself the leader, but if giving hunter the opportunity to lead for a while, as he stated that he would lead everyone out of the caves alive. (clerics are leader classes. yay nerdom!)

Shenorai
09-23-2010, 10:55 PM
"Oy, would you quit flirting with the lizard, bird-brain? He doesn't swing that way," the halfling called over.

In frustration at her findings, she merely tossed the rusted daggers aside, grumbling, "Not a goddamn thing. I would've been happy with even a piece of copper, but noooo...argh." Sheela even kicked the goblin corpse in the ass before looking around. Not that there was much else of interest that she could see.

"Being able to heal is one thing, but after what I've seen, I don't see why I should trust you at the head of the pack," Sheela said as she walked over to the men of the group. Her hands were on her hips as her neck craned up at the bird, her foot tapping in impatience. She was already a little cheesed off at not finding decent loot.

"As nice as it was for you to tell us that we're dealing with at least goblins here, running on ahead like you did was what got Hugo killed back there," she pointed out, her thumb aimed at the tunnel they just came from.

"Had they spotted you, what then? And what if there were more than three of those guys? What if there were twelve and they had spotted you running on ahead? Can't expect us to guard your tail if you don't stick with the group. My vote goes to Hunter, since I know and trust his skills far more. Let's learn from the dead guy's mistakes, shall we?"

-=-=-=-

Actions: Find nothing of value and point out the reasons Hugo was likely killed.

Hera Ledro
09-27-2010, 12:55 AM
Hunter was put off, to say the least. Cute? What the hell was that? HOW did a bird find a lizard cute?!

But caught off-guard as he was, Hunter did not back down. Instead, he sheathed his blades and turned roughly around. He gave Charbakk a glare that would kill brigands from a mile off, gritting his teeth. Livid would have been a docile description of Hunter. "Why am I mad? Why am I mad? You run into battle, entirely ignoring advice that was given out to ensure everyone's safety, and proceed to attack the goblins before we can use the element of surprise!" He pushed himself closer to Charbakk, coming nearly nose-to-beak with the kenku. "I'm not mad, you bird-brained idiot, I'm furious!"

Hunter turned away abruptly and crossed his arms, taking a deep breath to calm himself. In. Out. In. Out... After inhaling several times as he did during meditation, Hunter felt his anger begin to wane, if only by a fraction.

He'd heard Sheela, but only barely. Something about the leftovers, then a bit of chewing into Charbakk, but the rest was fuzzy. He was too mad. Still, anger wouldn't solve much. Doing his utmost to shelve his fury, Hunter turned back. And though he knew he would never admit it, it entertained him to see Sheela berating a bird half her size.

Taking another deep breath and trying to keep the growl out of his voice, Hunter said to Charbakk, "I don't care who is leader and who isn't. In our situation, a hierarchy isn't important, and a strict one would only get us killed; we cannot rely heavily on one person beyond their natural abilities. All I want is to get out of here alive, which means that we have to work as a team. Leader or no leader, we have to be able to work together; we have to cover each other's weaknesses and play to our strengths. And if there is somebody in charge, it has to be somebody with the sense to think before they act." Hunter took another deep breath to calm himself; he was beginning to rant. "The bottom line is that we cannot survive here unless we work together. I cannot lead at all times because I am a warrior. I cannot evaluate everything from inside the heat of battle, so there has to be somebody on the outside who will do so. I do not know if I can trust you to be said person, since you have already shown yourself to be short-sighted and quick to act. I would feel more comfortable having Lirdeyl as at least a second-in-command, if not the leader."

Hunter eyed his surroundings, his gaze passing over the walls and the goblin corpses on the ground. "Let us discuss this on the move. I'd rather not get ambushed here." Hunter moved over to the carcass of one of the goblins and picked it up, looking at it. "Goblins rarely travel alone, or even in triplets. If these three were around, there's sure to be other ones nearby. Sheela, I'd feel much more comfortable if you and Lirdeyl were in front. I want you, Sheela, to keep an eye out for traps and you, Lirdeyl, to keep your eyes peeled for other enemies. Keeping your ears open would be especially helpful as well."

Actions: Chew out Charbakk, calm himself down, rant a little, calm himself down again, briefly touch on the subject of leader, then suggest that they move ahead.

Shenorai
09-27-2010, 09:32 AM
"As long as it's not me. I'm a scout; I'm no leader," Sheela replied quietly.

The Halfling's proud stance quickly diminished during Hunter's rage. In all honesty, she hadn't seen the lizard become so enraged since the days with Hugo. Either her memory was fuzzy or Hugo actually had it easy compared to this.

But for now, Sheela simply slipped on ahead to check out the next hall. If one thing was for certain, they were in goblin country. And who knows whether or not these goblins were merely the servant of something far larger? They couldn't be too careful.

The Halfling made sure her daggers were tucked safely into their sheathes before taking out her short bow. A slight tug on the cord ensured that it was taut. Time to be sneaky sneaky!

Or at least, try to be sneaky. Her stomach sunk when she realized just how loud they were all being. Hell, she wouldn't doubt it if there were more goblins waiting around that next bend. Or worse.

A slender arrow was drawn from the quiver and nocked to the bow. Granted, Sheela was more worried about living enemies than traps at the moment, but she was already creeping toward that next left bend. Wasn't even paying attention to whether or not Lirdeyl or the others were following.

But she soon flattened her back against the wall, edging closer and peeking around the corner. Sheela held her breath and looked for any and all movement.

-=-

Actions: Point out that her leadership skills are crap, be intimidated by Hunter, exchange her current weapon from twin daggers to her short bow, creep down the hall and check the corner for enemies.

spirits breath
09-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Making a little disstance from Hunter, Charbakk gave a wyry smile. He spoke sternly. "You must know I did it for a reason. Sure I could have taken a risk. You all didn't have to follow me. You should have let me pick at my own shell. Yet you all also came for the nut inside of it." As he took a few steps, he flicked his tail feathers a couple of times. "As well as I had to take the initiative so that we owuld all leave."

With a soft stair at Hunter's tail, he fixated along it before he turned to Sheela. He spoke quetly after he looked into his own robe for a moment. "I am sorry for my actions, but know that I had good intentions. And I also meant what I said hunter. Though my kind is open to other races."

He walked over to Sheela. He looked over at her before using his staff to point at what he beleived should be the next course of action. " Nice bow. And even if you don't want what I have to say, hear me out for a while." He then croutched down next to her, looking at her with his right eye. His clawed hand lightly brushed against her hair. "There still has to be a trap ahead. Either where it is green, like in the grass. Or there may be acid involved. But I want to make sure you know. Better perception o those sort of things. but I will of course double check on it...Just trying to work on trust right now. When we get out, feel free to ask me anything." He gave a light pat before he stood up. "Don't worry, they are clean. And they don't have blood on them either."

Actions: state his reasoning for what he did. State that he isn't against any races. Say he is sorry for what he did, and they should have let him get hit a few times before they came. Lightly feel Sheela's hair. Remind them of potential trap. gives offer that they could talk after so that they may be able to trust him more.

Shenorai
09-27-2010, 04:45 PM
Although seething, the Halfling dared not to open her mouth to speak. Her frustrations echoed in her mind. How in the hell am I supposed to listen for anything if I can't hear a damn thing?! Argh!

Sheela was gritting her teeth during that entire one-sided conversation. As though it wasn't bad enough that Hunter was being bothered, but now the bird-brain was coming over to bother her, talk to her while she's trying to scout, and go so far as to actually touch her?

She pulled her face away from the corner. Even if he was mumbling, that was still far too loud for her to focus on detecting movement. Although Sheela turned to give the bird a good smack across the beak, she found herself staring at his knees.

The Halfling's left eye and right hand visibly twitched in annoyance. Her fingers gripped around the shaft of the arrow tighter. She was far too small to try and stand up to hold his damn beak shut, but-

Wait.

Her fingers slid back and gripped the nock of the arrow. Her left arm soon locked into a straight position as she pulled the arrow back with her right arm.

But not to fire at any incoming danger.

Although crouched, the Halfling pivoted to turn herself to face the overgrown fowl. The head of the arrow was aimed right up at Charbakk, just between his legs. Oh, it was so damn tempting to just let the arrow 'accidentally' slip!

...but no. Sheela didn't wish to put all of her comrades into danger. She merely held her position, leaning back ever so slightly to try and listen again around that corner with her right ear. She may not be able to see as much with her new angle, but at the very least, her silent threat should be enough to demand silence.

-=-=-

Actions: Scream inwardly, turn to try and make Charbakk STFU with an arrow aimed at his groin, try again to listen and peek around the corner for any threats.

spirits breath
09-28-2010, 08:12 PM
(could have rolled for damage.)
When smacked, all he could do really was rub his beak sorely. A chirp of pain came out of him as he looked at her with soreness. Though a few rubs later, and a arrow notched at him, he spoke quietly. "I can live without kids. then you deal with my screams in pain. As well as what may come as a result. Now then." With a light stroke, he pushed the arrow away from him and then brought his other hand up to lightly press on his beak.

Charbakk then moved back a little, using his size to lean over the halfling so that he may look for a moment, and then he moved behind Sheela. With a light motion, he opened his beak to remove a shining ring from his tongue. One that would be placed in the most secure spot on him. A small pouch inside his robe. Now they can't complain with me talking thair language. None of them know kenku. And the shame is, I cant talk without it. A shame though. Least I know how to make the ring though. And we shall see soon enough, a bit of a surprise for them. I could easily start singing just for fun. but She would also make me a female as well. Let alone hunter holding me still and down so Sheela could tie me up as sacrifice.

With a few soft clicks and a lick of his beak, Charbakk found himself looking at hunter. He did like the feel of scales on his feathers, as well as the feel of hair between his claws. Though despite all that he tried to do to help them, let alone make them feel good about themselves...they still hated him. Though just they wait when they need some healing. then they will see why they should treat a cleric better. though he could also heal enemies as well.

Actions: Wuss up a bit, yet still cocky about the potential shot to the groin. Perception check while leaning over the halfling. Walk away. Remove the tongue ring, which also inhibits his ability to speak common. stash the ring. State that he will let them know why they should give him some respect.

Red Fox
09-28-2010, 08:32 PM
==================
+++Other/GM Note+++
==================
PM sent with around the corner info.
Im gonna inform it with a GM post from now on, as it makes it more clear that it has been done.
However, what is actually told to the rest of the group will still be op to the ones actually peering around the corner to do.
Still keeping it at little real.

Also, are we a little COCKy? ^^

Shenorai
09-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Sheela's eyes narrowed a little, but she finally aimed the bow away from Charbakk, whether he was directly over her or not. The arrow was slowly pushed down the bow to keep the string from snapping before she pulled its ammunition away.

The Halfling retreated back down the hall, slipping around Charbakk as quietly as she possibly could. The arrow never went back into the quiver to join its buddies. so instead it rolled between her fingers as she played with it nervously. Sheela went right back to Hunter and Lirdeyl. She wasn't paying attention to whether or not the Kenku followed.

Her voice remained low in volume, though she was trying to even stand on her toes so her lizard buddy could listen. "...the road forks off, but it sounds like we may have company ahead. I don't know the numbers, but I definitely know there's more than one. They probably heard us arguing, so we probably lost our chance at surprising them. Here's what I think..."

The halfling tucked the arrow back into its quiver and let her bow roll down to her elbow. She beckoned with her fingers for Hunter to come closer. Once he leaned on down, she cupped her hands around his ear hole and whispered.

-=-

Actions: Head back to Hunter. Inform him, Lirdeyl, and Charbakk if he followed of the fork in the hall and voices. Then whisperwhisper to Hunter!

Kaede
09-30-2010, 09:35 AM
Lirdeyl had no real interest in the groups shenanigans; thought the rifts that were growing were so ginormous that should she had not cared for them she could have fallen straight through them.

So when the uproar started, Lirdeyl slipped away for a moment to search for and if possible reclaim the bolts she had used, and after some searching found the one lodged in the goblins head - the other one had flew off to god knows where and was bent all funny.

Though even that short distance away from everyone else, it was obvious to her that this was a giant clusterfuck waiting to happen. Not that she overly cared - it would be bothersome when it happened and most likely leave a few corpses behind. She could see where hunter was coming from - she herself was more then inclined to make a pillow out of charbakk, though now it seemed that Hunter was little more then a berserker with half a brain, make of that what you will. Not that Lirdeyl was interested in being a leader. So she simply stuck around Hunter after she had fetched the arrows, and then joined sheela on the edge of the next junction, she saw the exchange between charbakk and sheela, and almost screamed out a "DO IT FAGGOT." but resisted, mostly because then she could do that if charbakk came over to her.

While sheela peered around the corner, Lirdeyl busied herself with reloading her crossbow. and finished with it around the time sheela left to inform hunter...

The pointlessness was kind of jarring; and for a second Lirdeyl feared that Hunter was just like herself, they didn't go first because of their better training in it, but to soak up whatever unwordly horror awaited them around the bend. When sheela had left the immediate corner, Lirdeyl took it upon herself to take that place, and also peek around the corner.

action:

retrieve bolt, peer around corner after sheela left for hunter. note with incredible brittness how the party pretty much sucks bawls.

spirits breath
10-02-2010, 02:40 AM
The odd notions of the halfling seemed rather odd. She certainly had a vendetta against him, especially that while normally some people would inform others of the group about what was seen or heard. But she wanted to make it known indirectly. This is when he had to start trying to speak, only to give out a few chirps and clicks. Along with a single grunt. Of course it wasn't high pitched, but it had a deeper tone to it.

After, Charbakkk reached into his robe to put the ring back into the hole in his tongue. He gave a light grunt. "In case you didn't understand, I would like to know one thing. If you want something to happen to me, or you want me dead, say it. But Unless if any of you can see into the dark, let me give you my opinion. the lighted path? I say it is a bad idea. Goblins can't see in the dark. But I can. The torches would be for them."

With that, he looked over his shoulder. Lyridell. She also wanted him dead. Or at least a female. He was beginning to grow annoyed and aggrivated with his group and walked over to the goblins to take the remaining daggers and then he gave a sharp beady look at the three of them. "I am taking the dark route. I will try my best to come to your rescue. If you change your mind, just walk in, I will guide you."

with that, charbakk angrilly began to walk out towards the dark path, glad for his ability to see in the dark. His staff moving in tandem with his right tri clawed foot. his tail flicking to the side as he walked further away.

Actions: try to speak without ring in his tongue. put ring in tongue. give his opinion, try to be the leader, and ask why they woulnd't admit why they hate him so much. take remaining daggers. Begin to walk towards the dark path. the option for them to follow him is presented.

Hera Ledro
10-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Hunter watched Lirdeyl peer around the corner as he crouched down and listened to Sheela. "Yes...agreed," he muttered back. When Sheela turned and left, he nodded. "We'll see what happens, but for now we'll work with what we have."

Hunter pried his eyes from Lirdeyl - who seemed to have taken a decent initiative - and stared hard at Charbakk, who had found it necessary to re-attach the ring to his tongue and speak. When Charbakk had finished and stormed off, Hunter sighed. "That idiot is going to get himself killed one way or another," he muttered loud enough for Sheela and Lirdeyl to hear. "I would prefer to be far away from him when that happens."

To Sheela, he said, "That loudmouth is now a liability. Healer or not, his big beak will get us killed. I advise that we let him go on his own way; we have enough potions to keep us going for now, and we'll last longer on our own being relatively quiet as opposed to keeping that...irrepressible ignoramus with us."

Hunter leaned up against the side of the wall, watching the darkening form of Charbakk with crossed arms. "Let him go ahead and set off the next trap." Hunter could not keep the growl out of his voice. He narrowed his eyes at Charbakk - who by now was almost totally enveloped in darkness - and fingered with the hilt of the sword on his hip. "It will serve our purposes and his; he'll have the chance to heal himself after all."

Hunter turned his head to Sheela and said, "You'd best advise Lirdeyl on your observations. Also, is the trap you saw before or after the fork in the road?"

Actions: Advise others and then outline his Xanatos gambit: Charbakk goes ahead and either sets off a trap and dies, doesn't and keeps moving, or returns and grants them a healer who may deign to shut up. Win-win-win situations ftw!

Shenorai
10-08-2010, 01:37 AM
Sheela held up her hand in front of her chin with the palm facing herself. Her thumb folded and her fingers formed a large 'v' with her middle and forefinger as one prong and her pinky and ring finger as the other prong.

She circled the back of her hand. "Should be about here...whoever put us here obviously didn't want us leaving unscathed."

And at that, her hand dropped and she slinked back over to Lirdeyl. "...I'm not sure how well your eyes can see this, but..." Her voice lowered in volume once more as she spoke. Her eyes were darting down that hall as well, watching Charbakk intently.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Actions: Point out a direction while using her hand as a reference, then slip over to Lirdeyl and whisperwhisper. ^^

spirits breath
10-08-2010, 02:18 AM
With the visibility from the light about gone, and his staff only doing so much to keep him from hitting the wall on his left about every third step. Over the course of the expedition, he is still unsure about finding a path concerning the amount of turns he made. Then he turned for a moment to watch over to the others. using the light on their side, he watched the path to see when they decided to leave. Though he could only wonder why the group seemed to hate him so.

After a while, an idea sprung in Charbakk. If I make a smite, and aim at the wall. Perhaps it would give me enough light to see if there is a bend here, or something watching. And if not, I have more than enough energy to keep myself alive to fend off. Lets give it a shot Aiming his hand towards the opposite direction of the others, he shot out a bright ball of smite. Looking carefully for anything to note.

Actions. walk around blindly. turn to see what the others are doing to the little extent he could. figure out how to see more. shoot a smite towards a 'wall' to see where the dark path leads to.