PDA

View Full Version : The Queen's Favorites

The Texan Queen
12-16-2014, 09:48 PM
I probably should have started something like this a long time ago now that I think back on it. Oh well, better late that never right? These are my favorite characters I have created! I hope you like them just as much as I do.

Name: Selenada (Selene) Nina Volkov

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Class: Chevalier
Abilities: Camouflage and enhanced stealth

https://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss217/Beki_Beaulieu/image.jpg1_zpsy33zqrx9.jpg

Selenada has tan skin that always has a fresh glow to it. She's a bit on the short side standing at 5 feet and 2 inches, curvy build and striking features. Very blue eyes, soft skin and long, soft blonde hair.

Casual Clothing: Selenda typically wears beautiful dresses in different shades of blue and pink, similar to this. (https://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss217/Beki_Beaulieu/image.jpg2_zpsdexkzmg5.jpg)

Armor: She feels God is the only armor she needs.

Weapons: Even though she is strong in her belief that God is her weapon she does keep a small dagger and small hand gun hidden on her at all times.

Personality:

Soft/Kind: She has this very gentle and graceful air about her. Selenada is very soft spoken. Her voice is just a decibel above a whisper and it seems to soothe any who listens to her. She makes sure to choose her words carefully to make sure they are never harsh, a persons feelings are important to her. Making sure everyone is well taken care of and treated with extreme kindness is her priority. She likes to see people happy and healthy, especially in this destructive place.

Religious: Selene stands by the Church one hundred percent. She finds great peace with the love she has for her God and loves to spread the word to anyone willing to listen. Her faith is strong and she has never once faltered from it. She won't push her beliefs on anyone, she believes people should naturally come to their own want and need for religion.

Shy: Even though she loves talking with people and helping them out in anyway she can, she can be a bit awkward and shy at first. Of course if you're talking about religion or alchemy she has no issue in holding a conversation, but anything beyond that she can be extremely awkward. Selene will stumble over her words and can get flustered very quickly, she finds it best if she just sticks to what she knows when talking to strangers. Even with people she is comfortable with she can be a bit nervous.

Sensitive/Emotional: Sometimes she can take what you say differently, she over thinks things and can get upset easily. She doesn't handle being talked to sternly very well and God forbid you yell at her. Yelling is something she cannot handle, it will make her cry and feel very attacked. If she feels your tone is slanted in anyway she gets a little upset. She tries not to show her emotions because she gets embarrassed about being so sensitive, so just mind yourself when dealing with her.

History: Selenada grew up in Levi and later moved to Sanctuary. She lived on a small herb farm with her parents and the small handful of live stock they did own. Her family life was very toxic growing up. Her father was a drug addict, Robur being his drug of choice. Even though he was a drug addict he used the drug to not only get high but help him get through his work faster. The drug made him very angry and sometimes violent towards his family, mainly Selenada. He would scream and yell at her and sometimes hit her whenever he would see fit. Her mother just sat back and watched And did nothing, said nothing and sometimes defended her husband. Her mother believes that since her husband was the bread winner and leader of the household it was his job to make judgements on how to handle Selenada. It's not like she was a problem child either. She was very quiet and reserved and would do whatever her family needed her to do. Selenada knew at a young age that her father abused drugs and she kind of forgave him for his mean actions toward her, she knew her father would never do what he did if he wasn't high.

The only time Selenada had something to look forward to was when her Aunt Marnia would come from Sanctuary and visit. Selenada is very much like her Aunt. She got her interest in alchemy from Marnia, a very skilled alchemist. When her Aunt would come visit she got a break from her angry father and her ‘blind’ mother and truly got to enjoy herself. Marnia would show her tricks with the herbs they grew and would tell her all about God and what life was like in Sanctuary. Even though this mystery place didn't sound as pretty as Levi was she viewed it as exactly what is was; her possible sanctuary.

When she was fourteen she had made the decision to leave her home in Levi and go live in Sanctuary. She felt like she didn't fit in here. She was very religious compared to her parents and they didn't believe in alchemy, even though they grew and sold the herbs used for it. Selenada believed she would be happier and safer in Sanctuary and had made arrangements with her Aunt Marnia to move out there. The night she had planned to leave her father came home, drunk and extremely high, and caught her in the middle of sneaking out. Outraged her father proceeded to attack her. Throwing her around, shouting about how ungrateful she was, hitting her with objects and spitting on her like she was nothing. Just when Selenada thought she was going to be beaten to death her father just stopped hitting her and fell to the floor and began to convulse. Not thinking twice about it Selenada gathered her strength and fled her house without looking back.

Sanctuary was definitely different than Levi, but despite its dark atmosphere she found her light in the city. Marnia taught her everything she knew about religion and alchemy, showed her around the town and gave her the life she deserved to have. With her new found religion and great skill in alchemy Selenada was the happiest she had ever been, happier than she thought possible.

Four years later she felt this very strong urge to go through Templar training and she truly believed it was God pulling her to this training. Templar training was a totally different beast than she thought it would be. She didn't realize what an affect her past had on her, anytime anyone yelled at her or went to fight her she immediately broke down. She reached a point while in training where she thought she wouldn't make it and questioned why she even went. Selenada was convinced she made a mistake but then remembered why she was there in the first place. God wanted her there for a reason. She grabbed onto her faith tightly and gritted her teeth, crying only when alone and refusing to show weakness to those around her. Somehow, by the grace of God, Selenada made it through.

Now she lives in one of the abounded churches that she brought new life to. She feels safe inside the church and closer to God. She spent years restoring this church and bringing it back to its glory and now it's almost completely finished. Selenada spends her time working on the outside of the church, mixing potions and helping those that come to her.

RP Sample: The Church represented many things for many people. To some it represented a place of peace, a place to find shelter. Others saw it as a simple building, the people and things discussed and performed making it a special place. Few found it to represent lies to keep people in line and under control. To Selenada it represented so much. To her the church, specifically the one she lived in, her home. Her safe place. A place of healing and love. A place to help others and shine light on her religion and beliefs. It was a place where she could be her complete self and be comfortable.

"Here," her voice broke the call silence of her the large church. Selenada extended her clutched hand to an old woman sitting in the pews. "Crush these and mix in water or soup. Any liquid you take in will suffice," she said as she sat down and placed the bag of herbs into the old wrinkled hands.

"And this will help my back?" The old woman's voice seemed to shake with each word.

"Of course. Sometimes our religion and praying can only go so far, with herbs and my alchemy I can further help people in ways our Lord cannot," Selenada explained and gave the small hunched woman a warm smile. "I will still pray every night for your back and hope you have a fast recovery." She stood and helped the woman up from the pew as well.

"Would you mind if I walked you back home? I have some errands to run anyways and I figure I could keep you company on your way home."

"I see no reason as to why not!" The old woman chuckled and linked arms with Selenada and led her out of the church.