PDA

View Full Version : Without Time, Could There Be Fault [Percy Jackson Fan-Fiction]

Dire Hoef
12-25-2014, 03:34 AM
This novel or story will be updated with each chapter. It will be here for your viewing pleasure.

“They said they were not going to postpone the assault even though Perses destroyed New York,” said a particular demigod, whom of which was leading the resistance against the Titans who had emerged from the pits of Tartarus. This demigod was known, only to those that survived the Tragedy of the Halfbloods, as Macy the Great or Macy the Strategist. Macy Mitchell was to be her full name; to be precise. Macy was one of the last surviving daughters of Athena, with those who were female born under Athena being nicknamed the Valkyries of the Greek Gods.

“Well they hadn’t predicted Perses attacking and destroying New York. It was plainly obvious that the frontlines weren’t prepared for this sort of attack from the Titans. I mean it is bad enough that Cronus is now freed from his prison but you have dozens of other Titans wreaking havoc on this plane,” said a particular gentleman. This gentleman was to be Victor Cable Jones, the fabled Lord of Time. He was the only child born under Chronos the literal personification of time. Victor was a rather strange boy, always going on and on about how he would do this and then would suddenly do something else entirely different from what he originally was supposed to do. But that Victor died when the war started three months ago. Today’s Victor was strong-willed and hardened. This Victor had seen bloodshed before, but to the extent of what he had witnessed at the Battle of Camp Halfblood. Victor was never the same after that.

“That still doesn’t excuse the fact that we lost valuable assets,” Macy said slamming her fist upon a wooden table, “How come we haven't predicted such an event!? Those were good soldiers and they died without rhyme or reason!” “We couldn’t… You should realize that no matter how many times I predict the coming of the enemy, none of my predictions are ever going to be one hundred percent accurate,” said Victor with a serious look upon his face, “Even though I am the Lord of Time doesn’t excuse the fact that I am still human… Well at least partly human, but still…” “We need to do something… Anything! Darryl… W-what of Darryl and Karen,” Macy asked as her facial expressions hardened. “Darryl is busy taking the western front, and Karen is dealing with the southern front… Currently Darryl is in California leading the armies, there, to take down the four Titans there, Selene, Eos, Helios and Prometheus,” said Victor clenching the sides of the wooden table tightly, “To think that Darryl and his forces are going against Prometheus of all Titans… He won’t survive… Even though he is a child of Ares, he’s dealing with a Titan that knows things before it happens… Personally I believe he’ll never achieve victory…” “What about the southern front,” questioned Macy afraid to speak further. He shook his head, “Karen’s forces are dealing with Leto, Menoetius and Metis…” “But aren’t Menoetius and Metis polar opposites,” Macy asked sharply. “To a degree yes, but they’re formidable nonetheless,” responded Victor, “We’ll need to think of something here on the eastern front… We’re losing men and women quicker than you could say, ‘Hot Jammies’.” Macy looked at Victor with a raised brow before shaking her head in confusion and slight frustration, “Your lack of seriousness scares me sometimes…” “What can I say? There are times when I’m serious and times when I’m not… It’s just the way I am,” he said with a slight chuckle before looking towards the double doors of the front of building they had taken shelter in.

Camp Halfblood was originally their base of operations, until three of the dozens of Titans marched over the hill and massed an assault of an onslaught of blood and death. Macy and Victor, who were the only two of the nine to be at Camp Halfblood at the time, made it out with slight struggles and eventually found themselves farther south than they had realized. Thus they found a small city [Cape Charles, Virginia] that could be used as a secret operating base for the war that is consciously working against them. Even now they are still having monsters creep up on them in the middle of the night sending the entire base into red alert causing many to lose sleep during those kinds of nights.

Returning to the conversation at hand Macy had turned to Victor with a sad look upon her face before she had plopped down in her chair, “It’s hopeless Victor… We went into this war thinking we demigods would prove the Gods wrong and come out on top, but little did we know we were walking into our own death trap!” Victor sighed and slowly walked over to Macy and lifted his right hand and settled said hand on Macy’s left shoulder rubbing the shoulder softly. Victor knelt down to the woman and looked at her at eye level and spoke to her, “We were naïve to think we demigods were capable of doing what the Gods did long ago, but at this point there is no use fretting over lost time… We need to look into the now and the after… Not the now and the then…” Macy looked at Victor for a moment before coming in and hugging him, tightly, “I’m glad you were with me when Camp Halfblood fell…” “Anything to make a pretty girl smile,” Victor said with a sad smile on his face. Macy softly, but rough enough, punched Victor in the shoulder make him rub said shoulder with a smirk on his face. Macy stood to her feet with Victor following close behind. “I’ve got a plan,” she said with a small smirk.

“What’s this plan,” Victor asked slipping a hand into his pocket, “Does it involve any of the forces we already have?” “No,” she shaking her head and staring towards the front doors of a condo that was not far from the shore, “It involves you…” “Me,” Victor asked raising his right brow, “Now you’ve caught my attention…” “Well that’s perfectly fine because you’re going to travel back in time… Back to when all of this was nonexistent,” she said with a smile upon her face, this was true happiness at its finest. “You want me to travel back in time and do what,” questioned Victor in protest. “I need you to prevent the Gods from falling so that they can aid in this war against the Titans… If you stop the event that caused the fall of the Gods, then this future will change to accommodate that past event,” said Macy as she slowly stepped towards the entrance of the condo, “That’s all we need to do to win this war… That’s going to be our trump card… Your father had granted you this gift so that you may use it to save us from desolation.” “So you’re saying you want me to use my power to travel back in time and save the Gods from dying so that they can aid the new future you and others in winning the war over the Titans,” asked Victor as he stepped towards the Macy with a raised brow. She nodded softly but boldly, “That’s exactly what I need you to do… Find that event and prevent it from ever happening… But make sure you abide by the rules of Time Travel…” “I know… I’ve dealt with the laws of time travel before and so this isn’t going to be too hard for me to deal with,” said Victor as he looked off to his left and sighed, “But if it means winning the war then I’ll happily abide by it…”

“When do I leave for the past,” asked Victor crossing his arms in slight defiance. “Whenever you’re ready… I don’t expect you to leave right this minute, but it would be best if you could leave before sundown,” Macy said sighing softly. Victor’s facial expression softened and with this he rubbed the back of his head with his right hand. “I guess I’ll leave right this minute,” he said, “It’s better to leave while I am on top of things…” Macy looked towards him with a sad look before stepping towards him reaching for his rough face, but had stopped mid-way. Victor gripped the woman’s hand before pulling her into his embrace. “Don’t worry,” he said in a hushed tone, “I’ll save this future and create a new one…” Tears welted up in Macy’s eyes and with this began to sob into Victor’s chest, “Please… Please for I cannot live in this world any more…” Victor chuckled softly rubbing the woman’s head before softly pushing her away.

Victor extended his arms out in front of him making a rectangle with his hands, as if he were pretending that his hands were a camera. “Teleport,” he simply said before disappearing in a bright light that followed in his wake. Thus he was sent back in time. Back when the war didn’t happen, back when Victor wasn’t dating Macy; back to where it all started...

Dire Hoef
01-31-2015, 10:08 PM
Victor, being the careless one that he was, landed on his face before recovering slightly; rolling into a tree. A painful landing it was for Victor as he slowly pushed himself up to his feet knowing that now wasn’t the time to be lollygagging on an important journey through space-time. Having thought of his mission Victor glanced up and down, what he assumed to be Camp Halfblood's grounds, the forest area he stood amongst. He wasn’t too sure where to go from this point on, but surely there must have been a clue that would have pointed him in a suitable direction to at least try and fix the future. “I assume the sequence from the future to the past has split off from a different tangent now that I have arrived in the past. However if that is the case then my presence here should alter the past-present rather than the future-present. My gods, time is so confusing,” Victor said as he pulled out his collapsible glaive and calmly walked along in the northern most direction.

Minutes of walking later Victor was stopped by a gust of wind that had caught his attention; preferably off to his left. Victor deepened in his combat stance as he looked off to his left noticing a peculiar individual watching him with eyes that were hollowed out; from the distance. “I am no threat to you son of Chronos,” said the individual whose voice sounded dead and decayed, “I have only business with the children of this present rather than your present. As I take it. You’ve been confronted with a colossal problem in your future and you’ve decided to return to the past in order to correct your future.” “Right on the money,” said Victor in angered tone, “How do you know who I am and how I got here?” “Only the most skilled and rare of children born under the god of time and literature would have his abilities stamped into the timelines of all possibilities. Your endeavors in this tangent are beyond subpar,” responded the individual before turning its cloaked face away from Victor and in the direction of the camp, “Soon you’ll face evil that is beyond your power. Even though you work from the shadows much like me, I believe will be seeing each other like this more often than we should.” Victor stepped forward a pace, “I should have expected that you would turn up,” Victor pressed a button on his glaive to bring up to its natural size. He prepared himself for combat as he would stare at the individual; intent on combat.

Seconds of silence passed, abruptly causing Victor to give a quick glance around him; anticipating backup. “I see you brought friends,” said Victor as he notice some harpies flapping their grotesque wings in unison towards Victor. “A precaution to ensure that you don’t foil my plans son of Chronos,” said the individual as it turned its back to Victor, “Now I must go and finish what I started.” The individual dissipated into nothingness, leaving Victor to wonder who it was or what it was.

Having been left with a parting gift Victor prepared himself for retreat knowing he wasn’t as skilled as his sister was at combat than he is at retreating. So seeing one of the harpies get close to him meant that it was time to go and with this he turned tail and made a break for it; northward.

The Harpies where close on his tail as he bobbed and weaved between trees trying to shake them off, but no luck has achieved him. “This is starting to get really tedious,” he said aloud. Seconds of running later one of the harpies became aggressive and had swooped down from the treetops and clawed at Victor. Victor being the son of Chronos anticipated the attack and rolled out the way coming to a screeching halt.

The harpy gawked in anger as it returned to her sisters before coming in with another swoop. Victor pulled out his glaive as he prepared himself for inevitable combat; with his abilities this battle should be fairly easy. Victor stood his ground as the harpy came close to Victor; this allowed Victor to see several seconds into the future. The son of Chronos leaned to the left before dipping in and around the Harpy slashing at the creatures back rendering it useless as it spirals to the ground. The next two harpies prepared themselves as they both simultaneously came down with a swoop to claw at the nineteen year old boy. Doing the same thing with the last harpy Victor viewed several seconds into the future and with this dipped forward rolling forwards before turning with a deep right and slashing horizontally rending the two harpies useless [as well].

“Three of them,” questioned Victor as he looked at the three harpies twitching for life. “We’ll be back boy,” screamed one of them in an ear-scratching tone, “The boss doesn’t allow peasants to run amok in his plans!” “I assume you’re special,” protested Victor as he turned towards the one that spoke. Apparently harpies can speak from the looks of things, which wasn’t common but more or less uncommon from the looks of things. “You’ll die in this present rather than your own,” screamed the harpy before dissipating, along with her sisters, into smoke and then nothingness.

“Hm. Strange,” Victor said as he turned his back to the place the harpies had disappeared, “They’ll be back however. I just know it.”

Victor traveled for about thirteen minutes before coming to a hill that overlooked the camp and thusly Victor sat down as the sun would dip down below the horizon. “Today was hectic, but then again it was fun fighting some harpies,” Victor said as he looked down at the campers moving to and fro. Then something hit him. Seeing campers moving to and fro would mean that he traveled back before the Battle at Camp Halfblood. So that would mean that his past-present self is somewhere in the camp and so was the other members of his group. However how far he had traveled back was still a mystery to him. He would contemplate his place in the past-present and judge the distance from his future-present to this past-present. “I got it,” exclaimed Victor as he came up with a definitive answer as to where he had landed, “It’s simple, yet complicated! I’ve traveled three days before the original group left the camp and all that shiz. Then that would mean I would have three days to find out what happened that caused my future to be the present before the original group left the camp. That isn’t much time and time itself is not a luxury I have.” Victor leaned on his thighs as he stared down at the camp before sighing heavily, “I need to do something. Or maybe,” he looked over at the main at the house, “I have an idea… It may be crazy, but to the gods, I hope this works!” Victor stood to his feet as he turned his back to the camp walking a few paces forward before turning back and running forward leaping over the edge and down towards the camp.