PDA

View Full Version : The Shifting Society OOC

Bia
09-10-2010, 11:44 PM
Welcome to the alternate world of the shifters! I'm hoping to make this work!

History of World

The are many dimensions in this universe. Alternate versions of the solar system we know to today, with slight to extreme variations. In one such dimension. Earth is inhabited by more than just the humans we know. This is their story:

Long ago, in this alternate dimension, animals did not exist. At least not in the way you think of them now. Instead existed a race of people that could transform their bodies at will. Not into just anything mind. But each transforming person, "Shifters", as they are known, could transform into one set form (besides their human form) They could transform into an animal (as we know them today) but only one animal. And, there has only ever been one animal per Shifter in history (i.e. there has never been 2 golden retrievers, or 2 cheetahs) There has been different breeds of the same animal (like a Morgan horse and a Clydesdale) but never the exact same kind.

In this alternate universe, Shifters were regarded much as humans treat animals in our world. Humans, as they usually do, thought themselves superior to what they didn't understand. Most Shifters kept to their animal form their whole lives or hardly ever shifted to human form. Eventually Shifters got tired of being treated like this and a big "Shifters Rights" movement went along. The President (using president as a relative term, not necessarily meaning this is just reserved for being in America) at that time heard the Shifters cries and sympathized. Calling out to the Shifters to send him their leader, government official, or some sort of representative to delegate with the President.

The Shifters squabbled. Leader? Government? Representative? These things had never occurred to them. All these years the Shifters had been jest sort of nomads. Not really staying in one place too long. And never having any set location or people to govern them. But now it was obvious. All these years, Shifters had been put down and put down. With no will to fight back, why? Because there was no order. Government was very much needed.

So after much confusion, a small group of Shifters stepped up, offering a peaceful talk with the President. And things seemed to be going smoothly. But of course, there was one who wanted more. This Shifter (one in the group that had stepped up) was power hungry, and wanted more than just equality with the humans. He believed Shifters were much better than the lowly, one form humans. This man sought out to control the human population. And chaos struck. the peace that was so close to becoming, fell apart, and sides were taken. Humans joined together, Shifters took sides. Some agreeing with the power hungry, others just wanting equality. A huge civil war broke out.

It went on for a few months. The "government" system of the Shifters had all but crumbled (if there ever really was one in the first place) and it seemed like there would never be any sort of order. But fear not, for out of the desperate and hopeless gloom arose a new group of Shifters, ones with powers far beyond any had seen before. Calmly, but firmly, the grasped a hold of the Shifter community. And counseled with the President. After a time they emerged, victorious. A new law had been passed, making Shifters equal in the sight of the world. (Of course, it wasn't all sudden just like that, it took time for people to accept Shifters as a whole, but in the time setting we are rping in, the world has basically moved past the diversity)

Now this new group of Shifters, who called themselves the Valuent, were very pleased with their new state of being. And wanted to keep it that way. They took up residence in a secluded place and were almost like royalty. After a time though, the need for the Valuent became fainter and fainter. And the public found themselves forgetting who the Valuent even was. The Valuent disappeared from the minds eye. Life continued, and the Shifters became as good as normal human citizens. However, myths about the Valuent still survive even today. And it seems, that whenever anyone tries to corrupt this perfection...they mysteriously disappear...

Further History

This is some further information about the Valuent you need to know, but your characters will not know:

The Valuent have set up a system in which certain Shifters are in charge of certain areas. To act as a protector and peace keeper. They aren't allowed to tell "citizen" Shifters or humans who aren't in the know, but still are required to keep the peace. Almost out of free will, though they do it willingly enough for they have been taught since birth it is the right thing. If they fail this duty...well they mysteriously disappear...along with anything bad that seems to happen in this world.

The class system, I would have to say it is much the same as our class system in America. (though the Valuent think themselves as royalty. The general public regard Valuent as a myth) There is no "set" class system, but there is famous people, more popular people, outcasts, bullies...all that you pretty much see today.

You get your animal form, Inherited. While some humans and shifters have gotten together, they usually tend to stay within their own species. And as for deciding what animal you shift into, it is totally random. Your mom could be a boa constrictor and you could be a blue whale (but your human looks would be like mother and son similarities...you get it?)

Technology, we're looking at todays technology. Cell phones, ipods, computers. I'm planning for most of this to take place in a park...and deep inside a mountain (where I'll probably tell everyone their cell phones lose service) but this is mostly just supposed to an alternate version of Earth.

To explain this I'm going to have to reveal a small portion of the overall plot to you. You will know who the watcher is, while your characters don't. Touching on what I said about how the Valuent have some questionable attributes (problems mysteriously disappearing etc.) The watchers (Kassidy & Wattz's character) will mess up. Something will happen, someone will get hurt, idk we'll have to see...and then she'll disappear. And using clues that I will have slyly added into previous posts and maybe a little nudging in the OC all the normal shifters will follow her trail to the Valuents secret castle...and adventure will pursue from there.

Any further questions?

Essential Information

Now in order for you understand how this rp is going to be set up. You need to know a few other things about the rp. I have this set up in a sort of adventure/mystery style. In the beginnings of the rp, there will be specific tasks that the group as a whole will need to perform in order to make sure the ball keeps rolling. The tasks aren't going to be hard, or be too specific so it's less like roleplaying and more like...something...different. (For example, the first task is "everyone becomes friends and starts hanging out together" thats hard right? You probably would have ended up doing that anyway.) And eventually, the tasks will end, and you will be able to have a fun adventure.

Rules
1. Follow all the rules of RPA
2. What I (and Wattz) say goes!
3. Try to post often as needed, and let me or Wattz know if you're going to be gone
4. Make sure you read and know what is going on before you post!
5. Try to go along with what me and Wattz say! This is a sort of complicated rp so we're going to need your cooperation.
6. Please no mythical creature shifters. It is essential to the plotline.
7. Do your best to always be focused on the task at the time. I know you want to let you character feel confusion when they are trying to figure it out...but don't make it so they never figure it out.

Character Sheet

Name:

Appearance: (picture preferred, not anime. Include picture/description of animal form as well)

Personality: (as shifters, the characters will posses some similar qualities to their animal. i.e. pigeons will be twitchy and nervous. Snakes will be silent and menacing.)

History:

Other:

Bia
09-10-2010, 11:45 PM
Updates

Positions:
Kassidy-On Cameron's head, next to lake.

Era-on the ground under tallest tree, next to lake.

Safrai- swimming in lake

James-under tallest tree, next to lake.

Dan-on deck, on lake.

Joe-under tallest tree, next to lake.

Vic-under tallest tree, next to lake.

Cameron-under tallest tree, sitting in front of Joe

Danielle-under tallest tree, sitting by Joe.

Scott-on way to park.

Lavender-by lake

Weather: Clear and Sunny "Perfect" day

Task: -Get together, get to know each other. Status Incomplete

Setting

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4125/4984345928_aebb4239bb_z.jpg

Accepted Characters & Open Positions

Name: Kassidy Triver

Appearance:
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs50/i/2009/277/1/5/Susan_C_______by_Oldboy1985.jpg
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs29/f/2009/250/8/6/Falcon_2_by_3_sisters_stock.jpg

Personality: Kassidy is very sweet and helpful. She cares for everybody and while is not very outgoing, will not hesitate to run up to someone if she suspects they need help. Also, being a falcon, she possess a very free spirit and cannot be caged up unwillingly, for this reason she spends most of her time outside.

History: It's a secret ;)

Other: Always wears a gold falcon necklace, on the back is inscribed a fancy scripted V.

Name: Era Brien

Appearance: No picture yet, I still need to draw her. But for now, I have a small paragraph.

Era has dark skin and brown hair that she shaves down regularly. Her eyes are big with a strange yellow-brown color. They flash at night due to her nocturnal nature. When not interacting, her mouth is set into a mean sort of expression, but when she is talking, Era gets a huge smile on her face. She wears nice clothes, but nothing particularly fancy, always preferring pants to skirts.

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/1885/ayeaye.jpg

Era is an aye-aye, a strange sort of lemur from Madagascar with a stigma of bad luck/death.

Personality: A wide-eyed, natural-born trickster who looks a lot meaner than she actually is. Much like the aye-aye, her appearance is deceiving, and though she appears anti-social, she is anything but. Era enjoys the company of people, and often walks down busy streets to enjoy the simple company of strangers. Era revels in the fact that people seemed freaked out by her appearance as an aye-aye. She likes to mess with people in this aspect, purposely staring at them or pointing at them with her middle claw. As such, she has a natural inclination to have a playful, trickster sort of personality, though she’s not obnoxious about it. She’s generally facetious and laughs quite often.

History: None just yet!

Other: Being an aye-aye also gives her nocturnal tendencies, which makes her generally less active in the morning. However, she’s somewhat of an insomniac, and as such she’s not too partial to sleep in general. She gets most of her sleep done in the morning, but only for a few hours.

Name: Lavender Hunt

Appearance:
http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy6/shadowxtwin/scene_girl.jpg

Lavender is a Gray Wolf.In Animal Form She Weighs About 103 pounds.Though Gray Wolves As the Largest Breed Of Wolves,She Tends To Be Smaller That Their Usual Height.

Personality:Though She May Not Look Like It,Lavender Is A Shy and Kind Person.She Normally Doesn't Talk Much And Is The Type Of Person That Keeps Everything To Herself.But,Once You Get To Know her She Breaks From her Shy Side.Lavender Is Very Territorial With Unknown People but She Will Be Gladly To Share With Friends.She Mostly Uses Face Expressions And Body Language To Communicate With Other People.

History: Lavender Was Born In A Family Of Her And Both Of Her Parents.She Had Three Older Step-Brothers That Were Adopted Three Years Ago.As Wolves Shifters,Her Parents Loved The Idea Of A 'One Big Family' As So Did Lavender but Noting Occurred To Them On What They Were Going To Grow As.Lavender And Her Step-Brothers Were Always Told Stories About The Shifter But Her Step-Brothers Did Not Know Anything About Her Or Her Parents.When Her Parents Are Away From The House,Her Step-Brother Would Take Over The House,Beating And Bullying Her.And When They Returned,They Would Acted Innocent And Tell Them She Kept On Falling.

Years Past And Her Parents Had Past,Leaving Her Step-Brothers In Charge.As A Wolf Shifter,She Was The Youngest And Stood Down,Thinking The Three Are Alpha.Soon,Lavender Got Sick Of It And Eventually Ran Away.She Knew She Couldn't Face Her Brothers In Defense Of Territory And Ran Away To A New City To Start Fresh.She Finally Arrived At The New City And Got A Job And House For Start.

Other: N/A

(BTW I wont be online on weekdays,feel free to go ahead without me..)

Name: Joeseph Anderson

Appearance:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_WmfnL79SyIE/S6caAK_Zh9I/AAAAAAAACKo/FAWsRtvV_NU/s400/emo-boy-haircuts.jpg
http://www.pluspets.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/siberian-huskey1.jpg

Personality: Joe is normally quite playful and kind. He's smart and enjoys spending time with his friends. (Sorry if it's kind of undescriptive. I like to work on personalities as we role-play.)

History: Joe has had a pretty good life, spending most of it with friends and having fun. He has nothing to complain about, having most of his time to freedom. He runs around a lot and talks to friends. His parents died at a young age, so he never really knew them. It didn't bother him and he just continued on with his life, not really caring that his parents were gone. He thought that they would be happy that he himself was happy.

Name: Victor Strijk

Appearance:
http://l.yimg.com/ao/i/sp/afl/players/2009/110/250365.jpg

Animal Appearance:
http://sandiegocheetahsyouthtrack.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/cheetah-leaping.10224539.jpg

Victor's animal form is that of a cheetah, he is a perfect example of the species as he is lean, muscular and built for sprint speed. Victor's pelt is a glorious golden color with vividly contrasting brown and black spots that seem to explode from his fur as he runs. Victor's eyes are pitch black in animal form setting him apart from other actual cheetahs.

Personality:Victor is extremely confident in his abilities and the abilities of his fellow shifters, he sees their gift as making them vastly superior to the normal inhabitants of earth. Victor's feelings of superiority make him partisan against humans and he is branded a bit of an extremist amongst other shifters. Victor is extremely competitive and finds it hard not to rise to challenges in his path even to his own detriment. Because of his feelings of high self worth he can come off as abrasive and self absorbed, rarely trusting others with things he can do himself and finding it hard to let others into his inner circle.

History: Victor was born in a shifter reservation to a single mother who died in child birth, the only thing he knew about his parents was that they were both shifters and that they had suffered at the hands of homo-sapians.

Victor grew quickly in the harsh settings he was raised in, he grew quick and lean in order to survive, pickpocketing and racing for money to feed himself. Over the course of his life Victor has had various troubles with the law and harbors a grudging respect for the police as worthy adversaries.

Victor struggled form an early age against a drug habit that threatened to plunge his life into disastrous uncertainty. On reaching adulthood Victor resolved to get clean and make something of himself.

After going through a torturous rehabilitation programme Victor came out slightly bitter and jaded, angry at almost everyone for his failings in the past. Victor works as a carpenter to support himself carving wooden sculptures of various hunting animals.

Other: Victor always wheres the same pair of of black high top converse as they are his only shoes.

Name: Safrai Mclio

Appearance:
http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae298/scenexcandyyy/kiiyuko6.png
http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae314/ccKyuubi/FOX/23334.jpg

Personality: Safrai is adventerous and loves exploring. She's always looking for fun and excitement. Safrai is talkative and seems to be surrounded by friends all the time. Safrai is very funny and nice, and is one of the nicest girls in her town.

Safrai takes a lot of sports and is very athletic.

History: Safrai was born into a human family. She always had the power of changing into a fox, but never knew. Her family quickly frowned upon it when she first changed. They kept quiet, though, and praised her of her powers.

Safrai was only 12 when her parents were killed in a large fire. She feels that she's responsible, for the two were looking for her in the burning house, wanting to save her before themselves. Safrai was already gone, in her fast fox form. At the time, Safrai had a hard time changing back to human form, so she couldn't warn her parents.

The next day, Safrai went to her house and found the two. They were lying at the front door, obviously trying to get away, but couldn't. Safrai searched their bodies and found a note in her fathers hand. She took it out and read it.

Safrai has told this story hundreds of times, but never says whats on the note. Nobody knows.

Name: Cameron Penta

Appearance:
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/thanatos10/photographer.jpg
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/thanatos10/blackjaguar.jpg

Personality: As befitting the nature of his animal form, Cameron has always been a loner, of sorts. Though it's not like he can't be civilized around other people, he generally prefers to be off on his own most of the time. The other major quirk he picked up from his inner jaguar nature, is his penchant for being most active at dawn and dusk (though, from time to time, he also gets the strangest urge to climb up a tree and lay on a branch). In many ways, these traits have benefited him vastly in his photography career, since he doesn't mind the weeks he spends away from home at a time, and he's naturally awake during photography's Golden Hours (the tree climbing thing doesn't help much, though). Aside from the cross over, Cameron's personality is fairly laid-back. He has a rather dry, sarcastic sense of humor, which is backed up by his intellectual mindset. He also tends to present himself as quiet and reserved, but if he gets on a tangent or starts arguing a point, it's sometimes hard to get him to shut-up.

History: Cameron grew up in what some might call 'a house divided'. Born to a human father and a shifter mother, he has spent most of his life trying to escape from the stigma attached to his heritage. Since he was never really accepted in either world, he embraced his loner nature at an early age. Growing up, he tried to be social to keep his parents happy, but after he left for college, their pressure to seek acceptance disappeared and he slowly sank back into his old habits. These days, he's limited himself to only a couple close friends and some associates he works with.
With his name and personality as they are, it seemed only natural that Cameron would become a photographer. Though he liked taking pictures from an early age, it wasn't until he entered college and discovered backpacking that he found his passion for nature photography. After college, he quickly got his dream job, working with a nature magazine, spending weeks at a time in the bush out in various mountain ranges and jungles around the world, looking for the perfect cover shot.

Name: James Asland

Appearance:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/survivors/images/al_large.jpg
http://mayo.personcounty.net/Wildlife%20Page/Red%20Tail%20Hawk.jpg

Personality: Some might say he's crazy, but James likes to say 'exciting' he loves to take part in thrill seeking activities like sky diving. James loves to push the boundaries of what he can do with his body, shifting in mid air, shifting mid-landing, seeing how far he can leap without needing his wings these are the sort of things he lives for. But don't make the mistake that he's all fun and games, when it comes time to be serious, James can be deadly both with his razor wit, and his razor talons.

History: James lived most of his life alone, his parents weren't really the parenting sort so at the earliest opportunity he left and never looked back. But at only 7 years old England wasn't the easiest place to live alone as boy, so he rarely assumed human form, Spending most of his life as a hawk helped James train his eye to notice the slightest thing as over looking even the smallest thing can be the difference between food for the day and starving throughout the night. He finally did rejoin society at age 17 but he was hooked on the sky and has always looked for any excuse to take to the skys.

Name
Dan Harvey-Ross

Appearance
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_9Zf_P9g6cuo/SNjtPCaDs4I/AAAAAAAABnY/cvO2adr6YAs/s400/cool-mens-hairstyle.jpg
http://www.afrigalah.com/indimg/Beardeddragon706.jpg

Personality
Much like his animal form, a Bearded Dragon, Dan is acctually quite passive. His friendly nature and large amounts of trust in sometimes total strangers, however can often land him in trouble, and he is constantly misjudging others. Dan will normally always have a smile on his face and is often seen as adventurous to others.

He enjoys the heat and yet enjoys swimming, spending most of his time at the beach or in the pool. Nothing can replace his love for climbing though, and his entire life can seem to be built around it. It's his hobby, his sport, his job and something he can do when he's feeling anything but okay.

He can, at times, seem very different however, especially when threatened where he will often stand out with aggression and flare in his own defence, or the defence of others.

History
Born into a loving yet mixed family, Dan grew up with a very relaxed childhood. His life was free of loss or pain, and the love and care his parents showed towards the young boy rubbed off on him quickly. He was quick to make friends in every environment and yet when the arrival of a school bully came into his life he was the one that could stand up to him.

At a young age, his reptilian instinct to climb to the hotter places in the house began to get him exploring with climbing in his human form. He excelled in the sport, along with swimming, a surprising turn for him and he continued to grow his hobbies into a stable job to which he still holds.

Other
Dan's mood can be effected by the heat

Name: Scott Williams

Appearance:
http://hisfashioneye.buy.co.uk/files/2008/11/bullet-brown-leather-bomber-jacket-goodsouls1.jpg
http://www.alaska-in-pictures.com/data/media/2/blond-grizzly-bear_4209.jpg

Personality: Often vocal about his position, Scott sometimes is barrel headed and overruns people in his haste to make himself known. His pigheadedness is counterbalanced by a fierce loyalty and protective instinct that spires from a place deep within him, especially when it comes to the opposite sex. This makes him chivalrous and brotherly to a fault, to the point where the line blurs between 'sister' and 'every female ever'. When aggravated, Scott is very non-tactical, using his size as both human and animal to charge in, brutally striking at his opponents with large, slow, yet devastating attacks. Because of his physical lifestyle, Scott likes to sleep. A lot.

History: Scott has a rather checkered past. He refused to be enslaved for a great deal of his life, eventually being forced into manual labour, as shifters with his size are few and far between. He's harbored a lot of anger towards his 'masters', and has gained a bit of a reputation as not the most diplomatic of shifters ever to grace the dimension. He once had a family that was separated, bought as pets and slaves for little more than a meal a day, and the loss of his two younger sisters and mother hit him hard, like a bag of bricks. His shoulders became broader that day, so that he could shoulder the weight of the world and of his lost family and manage to eke out an existence. Later in life, he was so beaten down by the labour he had been forced to undergo that when the rights movement came, he didn't even want it anymore. He just allowed it to happen. When forced to choose a side, he chose neutral and slumbered the war away, occasionally awakening to shelter hurt ones on either side, but never, ever helping a human. When the battle ended, he got a job doing what he hated; manual labour, pulling carts and coal trolleys, slinking into the park as a human form to nap. He is a broken, buried, yet emerging man, who needs to find his own way to redemption before his morals get sucked into the void.

Other:Scars line his back from whips when he was a labour-bear.

Name: Danielle Bellerose

Appearance:
http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af343/lance_addison/White-Lioness-at-Mogo-ZOO_MG_8182.jpg
http://vi.sualize.us/thumbs/08/10/01/face,woman,photography,white,hair-e99ffeade94f280568bc24aa67d93f41_h.jpg

Personality:

Danielle Bellerose can be a quiet woman, prefering to watch and study people around her. She is intelligent – studying shifting biology (why humans can shift) at university and can speak fluent French and English. She often forgets which she is speaking and mingles both the languages when talking. She can be hard to make friends with, though is always polite, but is fiercly loyal and protective of the friends she does have.

History:

Danielle's life has been one of mostly bordom, a average life of an average teenager. Always the quiet one of the group of friends, she never seemed to be in the "it" crowd. She more or less just blended in to the crowd of day to day school life, excelling at her studies, having a boyfriend and a few close friends, and studying some more.

Her studying paid off though, when she was accepted in to a prestigious university on a scholarship in Shifting Biology.

Livlaffluv
09-10-2010, 11:52 PM
So far this looks really awesome. :D

Bia
09-11-2010, 12:01 AM
Thank you Liv I really appreciate that!

Livlaffluv
09-11-2010, 12:06 AM
Name: Kia McVicker

Appearance: http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq145/AlessandraCorvin/SUGAR/Pretty-Emo-girl-emo-girls-7443226-3.jpg http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo185/budy238/dove.jpg

Personality: Kia is sweet and gentle. She's very obedient and will do anything when ever told. She loved to explore and spend her days having fun... Safely. She's skittish but as long as she's not going alone, she's up for any problem or mission.[I]

History: [I]Kia doesn't much know of her past. Nor does anyone else. Kia was born into the human world and hadn't known much about her kind. Her mother and father, unfortunately, had no time to explain anything, for they quickly died after her birth from an odd illness. She was sent to a different family who were abusive and crazy. They had no idea of her powers of being able to turn into a dove, but they found out shortly after being adopted by them. This made them quickly find her horrible and odd, stupid, weird, crazy, and absolutely a freak who didn't belong anywhere. They hated her and she hated them, so she was quickly kicked out to live on by herself.

Kia lived in the mountains near by and when she came of age, Kia took part in high-school. She had never gone to school before so it was all awkward, but after a while she got used to it. Many would make fun of her oddness and how she wouldn't be near to others or be in large crowds. She keeps going on, though, and is now in college. Kia knows that there are more like her, but she has never seen them... Is it just a myth? Is she the only one of her kind? If only Kia knew.

Other: My sister is going to sign up as a Fox shifter. :)

Hunter
09-11-2010, 12:47 AM
Name: Lavender Hunt

Appearance:
http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy6/shadowxtwin/scene_girl.jpg

Lavender is a Gray Wolf.In Animal Form She Weighs About 103 pounds.Though Gray Wolves As the Largest Breed Of Wolves,She Tends To Be Smaller That Their Usual Height.

Personality:Though She May Not Look Like It,Lavender Is A Shy and Kind Person.She Normally Doesn't Talk Much And Is The Type Of Person That Keeps Everything To Herself.But,Once You Get To Know her She Breaks From her Shy Side.Lavender Is Very Territorial With Unknown People but She Will Be Gladly To Share With Friends.She Mostly Uses Face Expressions And Body Language To Communicate With Other People.

History: Lavender Was Born In A Family Of Her And Both Of Her Parents.She Had Three Older Step-Brothers That Were Adopted Three Years Ago.As Wolves Shifters,Her Parents Loved The Idea Of A 'One Big Family' As So Did Lavender but Noting Occurred To Them On What They Were Going To Grow As.Lavender And Her Step-Brothers Were Always Told Stories About The Shifter But Her Step-Brothers Did Not Know Anything About Her Or Her Parents.When Her Parents Are Away From The House,Her Step-Brother Would Take Over The House,Beating And Bullying Her.And When They Returned,They Would Acted Innocent And Tell Them She Kept On Falling.

Years Past And Her Parents Had Past,Leaving Her Step-Brothers In Charge.As A Wolf Shifter,She Was The Youngest And Stood Down,Thinking The Three Are Alpha.Soon,Lavender Got Sick Of It And Eventually Ran Away.She Knew She Couldn't Face Her Brothers In Defense Of Territory And Ran Away To A New City To Start Fresh.She Finally Arrived At The New City And Got A Job And House For Start.

(BTW I wont be online on weekdays,feel free to go ahead without me..)

Edit:
Hope That's Better. =3

Bia
09-11-2010, 12:55 AM
Thanks for joining Hunter! Though I do see a few things I would like you to take another look at:

Your history is inaccurate, as the war would have occurred a few hundred years before Lavender was born (so her parents couldn't have died in it, her great-great-great-grandparents maybe)

And could you elaborate a little more on the personality? Make her more round as a character. As you can see I added in a little bit in the character skeleton about what I would like you to include in the personality) thanks!

ALSO TO EVERYONE: I am still not completely finished with the rules/history and plan to add a whole 'nother section about the general roleplay and how I would like it to go. So if you post a character before I am finished, you might get asked to change a few things. It is not your fault, I just am still working on sorting everything out.

Livlaffluv
09-11-2010, 01:06 AM
No worries Blue! If any changes have to be made I'm fine with it. I'm excited for it all to start.... Even if I haven't even made my character yet. XD

Livlaffluv
09-11-2010, 01:34 AM
Alright, I'm done with Kia... Is there anything I will need to change?

Lord Tully
09-11-2010, 02:25 AM
Damn it, only two characters and my top 2 animal choices are already gone. Ahh well, I'd still like to join, I'll put a character up in a bit.

Livlaffluv
09-11-2010, 02:27 AM
Oooh. I'm excited to see your form. XD

What were the animal choices you wanted?

Lord Tully
09-11-2010, 02:54 AM
Well I was going to ask if Dragons were allowed, but you had already taken that, so then I thought Wolf, but then I saw that Hunter had already taken that as well. I'm going to try something and hope that nobody steals it while I'm typing.

Lord Tully
09-11-2010, 03:39 AM
*Character is being re-written.*

Livlaffluv
09-11-2010, 03:41 AM
Nice! :D

The Fox
09-11-2010, 04:11 AM

Appearance: http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae298/scenexcandyyy/kiiyuko6.png http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae314/ccKyuubi/FOX/23334.jpg

Personality: Safrai is adventerous and always exploring. She's always looking for fun and excitement. She's talkative and is always surrounded by friends. Safrai is very funny and nice, and is one of the nicest girls in her town.

Safrai is always running around and that's her favorite sport.

History: Safrai was only 12 when her parents were killed in a large fire. She feels that she's responsible, for the two were looking for her in the burning house, wanting to save her before themselves. Safrai was already gone, in her fast fox form. At the time, Safrai had a hard time changing back to human form, so she couldn't warn her parents.

The next day, Safrai went to her house and found the two. They were lying at the front door, obviously trying to get away, but couldn't before they collapsed. Safrai searched their bodies and found a note in her fathers hand. She took it out and read it.

Safrai has told this story hundreds of times, but never says whats on the note. Nobody knows.

thesouleater
09-11-2010, 04:35 AM
Name: Joeseph Anderson

Appearance: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_WmfnL79SyIE/S6caAK_Zh9I/AAAAAAAACKo/FAWsRtvV_NU/s400/emo-boy-haircuts.jpg

http://www.pluspets.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/siberian-huskey1.jpg

Personality: Joe is normally quite playful and kind. He's smart and enjoys spending time with his friends. (Sorry if it's kind of undescriptive. I like to work on personalities as we role-play.)

History: Joe has had a pretty good life, spending most of it with friends and having fun. He has nothing to complain about, having most of his time to freedom. He runs around a lot and talks to friends. His parents died at a young age, so he never really knew them. It didn't bother him and he just continued on with his life, not really caring that his parents were gone. He thought that they would be happy that he himself was happy.

Bia
09-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Holy people!

And urrrggh mythical creatures *smug* I'll have to check in with Wattz on this one, if he's okay with it I'll allow it.

Hunter- Thanks for fixing it! It looks good now :) Accepted.

Sir Hatless- Yours looks good. Still iffy about the mythical creatures thing though...

Jojo- looks good so far.

souleater- pretty good, I'll add you to the list.

LOOK at all the scene people :mustache:

Wattz
09-11-2010, 04:21 PM
Finally here! Just announcing my presence 8D. Sorry, I was busy yesterday, and I'll be busy for the rest of the weekend as well T_T. But I shall be more active as soon as I possibly can, this I promise!

ILYTH
09-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Name: Victor Strijk

Appearance:
http://l.yimg.com/ao/i/sp/afl/players/2009/110/250365.jpg

Animal Appearance:
http://sandiegocheetahsyouthtrack.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/cheetah-leaping.10224539.jpg

Victor's animal form is that of a cheetah, he is a perfect example of the species as he is lean, muscular and built for sprint speed. Victor's pelt is a glorious golden color with vividly contrasting brown and black spots that seem to explode from his fur as he runs. Victor's eyes are pitch black in animal form setting him apart from other actual cheetahs.

Personality:Victor is extremely confident in his abilities and the abilities of his fellow shifters, he sees their gift as making them vastly superior to the normal inhabitants of earth. Victor's feelings of superiority make him partisan against humans and he is branded a bit of an extremist amongst other shifters. Victor is extremely competitive and finds it hard not to rise to challenges in his path even to his own detriment. Because of his feelings of high self worth he can come off as abrasive and self absorbed, rarely trusting others with things he can do himself and finding it hard to let others into his inner circle.

History: Victor was born in a shifter reservation to a single mother who died in child birth, the only thing he knew about his parents was that they were both shifters and that they had suffered at the hands of homo-sapians.

Victor grew quickly in the harsh settings he was raised in, he grew quick and lean in order to survive, pickpocketing and racing for money to feed himself. Over the course of his life Victor has had various troubles with the law and harbors a grudging respect for the police as worthy adversaries.

Victor struggled form an early age against a drug habit that threatened to plunge his life into disastrous uncertainty. On reaching adulthood Victor resolved to get clean and make something of himself.

After going through a torturous rehabilitation programme Victor came out slightly bitter and jaded, angry at almost everyone for his failings in the past. Victor works as a carpenter to support himself carving wooden sculptures of various hunting animals.

Other: Victor always wheres the same pair of of black high top converse as they are his only shoes.

Lord Tully
09-11-2010, 06:28 PM
*edited due to double post*

Lord Tully
09-11-2010, 06:31 PM
Don't worry Blue if dragons aren't allowed I have a back up plan.

Livlaffluv
09-11-2010, 06:59 PM
Yeah, and I can always do a bird of some sort. Love birds. XD

Livlaffluv
09-11-2010, 07:12 PM

Appearance: http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae298/scenexcandyyy/kiiyuko6.png http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae314/ccKyuubi/FOX/23334.jpg

Personality: Safrai is adventerous and loves exploring. She's always looking for fun and excitement. Safrai is talkative and seems to be surrounded by friends all the time. Safrai is very funny and nice, and is one of the nicest girls in her town.

Safrai takes a lot of sports and is very athletic.

History: Safrai was born into a human family. She always had the power of changing into a fox, but never knew. Her family quickly frowned upon it when she first changed. They kept quiet, though, and praised her of her powers.

Safrai was only 12 when her parents were killed in a large fire. She feels that she's responsible, for the two were looking for her in the burning house, wanting to save her before themselves. Safrai was already gone, in her fast fox form. At the time, Safrai had a hard time changing back to human form, so she couldn't warn her parents.

The next day, Safrai went to her house and found the two. They were lying at the front door, obviously trying to get away, but couldn't. Safrai searched their bodies and found a note in her fathers hand. She took it out and read it.

This is JoJo using my sisters account. I changed it and will be getting on in a little while to REALLY change it.

Bia
09-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Hold on hold on! We are still debating whether to let you guys be mythical or not.

Also, I call Greenland Gyrfalcon :)

OH and btw Killa you are accepted and your character is darn sexi.

The Fox
09-11-2010, 07:25 PM
:D Excited... :D

Livvy says that she would be a hawk or an eagle... Maybe a tiny dove! :O

Bia
09-11-2010, 10:54 PM
Updates:

My character is up! And I added a couple more sections to the first post so be sure to check those out!

The Fox
09-11-2010, 11:11 PM
I finished my character. With the extra information that was added, I switched her History around. How does she look?

Bia
09-11-2010, 11:17 PM
She looks good, I'll add her to the list, thanks Fox!

The Fox
09-11-2010, 11:18 PM
Great! :)

ILYTH
09-12-2010, 04:35 AM
YAYS!!! and even as a man I have to agree that Trav Boak is quite the looker.

Lord Tully
09-12-2010, 04:40 AM
Who the heck is Trav Boak? and which country do you have to be from to get that name?

ILYTH
09-12-2010, 05:01 AM
Travis Boak is and Australian Footballer (unique type of football, think rugby, soccer and the battle of agincourt rolled into one) I drop the is cause I loath the name Travis

Lord Tully
09-12-2010, 05:25 AM
Ok that actually makes a little sense, and since you seemed to make the comment out of nowhere, I'm going to assume that this man is being used as someone's character picture.

The Fox
09-12-2010, 06:31 AM
That's what I would think... o.O

erebus
09-12-2010, 07:13 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that it's the guy in Killa's char pic...
------------
Name: Cameron Penta

Appearance: http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/thanatos10/photographer.jpg
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/thanatos10/blackjaguar.jpg
Personality: As befitting the nature of his animal form, Cameron has always been a loner, of sorts. Though it's not like he can't be civilized around other people, he generally prefers to be off on his own most of the time. The other major quirk he picked up from his inner jaguar nature, is his penchant for being most active at dawn and dusk (though, from time to time, he also gets the strangest urge to climb up a tree and lay on a branch). In many ways, these traits have benefited him vastly in his photography career, since he doesn't mind the weeks he spends away from home at a time, and he's naturally awake during photography's Golden Hours (the tree climbing thing doesn't help much, though). Aside from the cross over, Cameron's personality is fairly laid-back. He has a rather dry, sarcastic sense of humor, which is backed up by his intellectual mindset. He also tends to present himself as quiet and reserved, but if he gets on a tangent or starts arguing a point, it's sometimes hard to get him to shut-up.

History: Cameron grew up in what some might call 'a house divided'. Born to a human father and a shifter mother, he has spent most of his life trying to escape from the stigma attached to his heritage. Since he was never really accepted in either world, he embraced his loner nature at an early age. Growing up, he tried to be social to keep his parents happy, but after he left for college, their pressure to seek acceptance disappeared and he slowly sank back into his old habits. These days, he's limited himself to only a couple close friends and some associates he works with.
With his name and personality as they are, it seemed only natural that Cameron would become a photographer. Though he liked taking pictures from an early age, it wasn't until he entered college and discovered backpacking that he found his passion for nature photography. After college, he quickly got his dream job, working with a nature magazine, spending weeks at a time in the bush out in various mountain ranges and jungles around the world, looking for the perfect cover shot.
-----------------
Let me know if anything needs changing.

ILYTH
09-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Ok that actually makes a little sense, and since you seemed to make the comment out of nowhere, I'm going to assume that this man is being used as someone's character picture.

I meant to quote BT saying my char pic was attractive.

Bia
09-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Quite attractive Killa ;)

And erebus you character looks great! I'll add him to the list.

ILYTH
09-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Quite attractive Killa ;)

And erebus you character looks great! I'll add him to the list.

what do i care it's not me lol. I know I'm sexy for a fact ;)

Lord Tully
09-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Name: James Asland

Appearance: http://www.bbc.co.uk/survivors/images/al_large.jpg
Animal form-http://mayo.personcounty.net/Wildlife%20Page/Red%20Tail%20Hawk.jpg

Personality: Some might say he's crazy, but James likes to say 'exciting' he loves to take part in thrill seeking activities like sky diving. James loves to push the boundaries of what he can do with his body, shifting in mid air, shifting mid-landing, seeing how far he can leap without needing his wings these are the sort of things he lives for. But don't make the mistake that he's all fun and games, when it comes time to be serious, James can be deadly both with his razor wit, and his razor talons.

History: James lived most of his life alone, his parents weren't really the parenting sort so at the earliest opportunity he left and never looked back. But at only 7 years old England wasn't the easiest place to live alone as boy, so he rarely assumed human form, Spending most of his life as a hawk helped James train his eye to notice the slightest thing as over looking even the smallest thing can be the difference between food for the day and starving throughout the night. He finally did rejoin society at age 17 but he was hooked on the sky and has always looked for any excuse to take to the skys.

Bia
09-12-2010, 08:43 PM
Thank you hatless, I appreciate you understanding :) I'll put you up.

Updates for everyone!

Wattz has made her character! And that means the IC will be going up very soon! (and by very soon I mean as soon as I get around to it.)

Wattz
09-12-2010, 08:52 PM
Huzzah! So exciting, can't wait to see everyone's characters in action 8D.

Bia
09-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Hey if you want to be in charge of writing a first post. By all means!

VerVolf
09-12-2010, 10:52 PM
My apologies for taking so long... Don't you just hate it when you think your needed the next day and receive a call at 11pm to say your not? Anyway, here you go! I hope he's alright and if you wish for the History and/or Personality to be beefed up a bit I can. I simply find it easier to evolve in the RP.

Name
Dan Harvey-Ross

Appearance
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_9Zf_P9g6cuo/SNjtPCaDs4I/AAAAAAAABnY/cvO2adr6YAs/s400/cool-mens-hairstyle.jpg
http://www.afrigalah.com/indimg/Beardeddragon706.jpg

Personality
Much like his animal form, a Bearded Dragon, Dan is acctually quite passive. His friendly nature and large amounts of trust in sometimes total strangers, however can often land him in trouble, and he is constantly misjudging others. Dan will normally always have a smile on his face and is often seen as adventurous to others.

He enjoys the heat and yet enjoys swimming, spending most of his time at the beach or in the pool. Nothing can replace his love for climbing though, and his entire life can seem to be built around it. It's his hobby, his sport, his job and something he can do when he's feeling anything but okay.

He can, at times, seem very different however, especially when threatened where he will often stand out with aggression and flare in his own defence, or the defence of others.

History
Born into a loving yet mixed family, Dan grew up with a very relaxed childhood. His life was free of loss or pain, and the love and care his parents showed towards the young boy rubbed off on him quickly. He was quick to make friends in every environment and yet when the arrival of a school bully came into his life he was the one that could stand up to him.

At a young age, his reptilian instinct to climb to the hotter places in the house began to get him exploring with climbing in his human form. He excelled in the sport, along with swimming, a surprising turn for him and he continued to grow his hobbies into a stable job to which he still holds.

Other
Dan's mood can be effected by the heat.

Bia
09-12-2010, 10:55 PM
Very nice VerVolf. It'll be good to throw a reptile in a mix.

Let's see we have:
Mammals
Birds
Reptile

Now we just need an amphibian and a insect XD

Livlaffluv
09-13-2010, 08:40 PM
Fixed Kia, she's a dove now. :P

Wattz
09-14-2010, 03:55 AM
Just saying that I am working on the first post for the IC! I thought I'd have it done tonight, but I'm so tired that I just can't seem to finish it >_<. I will have it done tomorrow though, for sure!

The Fox
09-14-2010, 04:06 AM
^^

Lord Tully
09-14-2010, 04:13 AM
Alright then, if it's not we'll send a search party.

ILYTH
09-14-2010, 06:32 AM
YAY, can't wait.

Bia
09-14-2010, 07:41 PM
*teehee* step to it Wattzy!

Wattz
09-14-2010, 08:52 PM
TADAAAAAAA!!!!

*throws confetti*

IC IS UP!!!! (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=327947#post327947)

It's shorter than I thought it would be, but... I hope it will suffice T_T.

The Fox
09-14-2010, 09:00 PM
It's great, Wattz. ^^
I'll be posting...

Bia
09-14-2010, 09:06 PM
Yay!! -excited- lets get this show on the road!

Lord Tully
09-14-2010, 09:09 PM
I am posting right this moment.

The Fox
09-14-2010, 09:14 PM
Postied! :D [And I know I added "i" to that XD]

Lord Tully
09-14-2010, 09:23 PM
There, I have posted.

VerVolf
09-14-2010, 10:33 PM
Ah crud... I had finished my lovely post and went to click the spell check key... Why does the refresh page button have to be right next to it?!

Give me a bit guys, I've gotta try and remember what I had written down.

Bia
09-14-2010, 10:39 PM
Aww man! That stinks :( sorry.

VerVolf
09-14-2010, 10:41 PM
Ah I felt really stupid and the mother goose asked me if I was alright after hearing me face-palm from downstairs...

I should remember to copy my work after each new paragraph...

thesouleater
09-14-2010, 10:51 PM
o_o Who exactly bumped into who? I meant to bump into Safrai, but I got mixed up with the characters and bumped into Era.

Bia
09-14-2010, 10:51 PM
*teehee* Sorry Ver.

AND question for thesouleater: When you say "ran past the dark-skinned girl and ran into them" who is them? I assumed it was the man/blonde girl. But I want everyone and me to be sure!

ALSO for everyone: be wary of speed posting. It's not really an issue right now but I just want to let everyone know that there is no rush and I would rather have everyone take a long time and post really good thought out posts then take only a few minutes and post a paragraph or 2 :)

EDIT: Never mind you ninja! This just brings me back to the speed posting thing! Be sure of what you are saying people!

The Fox
09-14-2010, 10:52 PM
LOL. You bumped into Era... That actually is pretty confusing. At first I wasn't even sure. XD

The Fox
09-14-2010, 10:53 PM
Sorry, I didn't have much to write about my character... I'll be more careful for now on ^^

thesouleater
09-14-2010, 10:55 PM
o_o Sorry. As I said, I meant to bump into Safrai, but got mixed up with the characters and bumped into Era. It wasn't really that I was speed-posting, but that I was confused. I thought that Safrai was Era and Era was Safrai. But I noticed what I did after posting and went to edit, but by then it was too late.

Bia
09-14-2010, 10:57 PM
Never too late! It was just confusing. I've changed my post...The Fox, your character just got bumped *teehee*

EDIT: also Fox, idk if you've noticed this. But on this planet, normal animals (like dogs) don't exist, only shifters. So if a dog was running around, everyone would automatically know it is a shifter.

VerVolf
09-14-2010, 11:17 PM
Oh my... the four or five posts that were up when I started seem to have grown! Sorry I took so long guys... Maybe I should check to make sure I haven't missed too much since James was face first in the grass... :)

Edit: Ah man... It seems I wasn't the only one with swimming in the lake in mind. Sorry dude I only saw a handful of posts before I started writing.

The Fox
09-14-2010, 11:23 PM
It's a very nice post... Long and descriptive. I really like it, nice Ver.

Bia
09-14-2010, 11:28 PM
I agree Ver, your post was very nice :)

Well I have to leave, most likely for the night. Try not to totally overrun the whole IC, I know it's tempting. And remember what I said earlier!

*speedy*

VerVolf
09-14-2010, 11:28 PM
Oh thanks guys!

Well I thought I should try my best. I don't expect I'll be as much of a frequent poster as you guys, for I'm guessing I'm the only one here from the UK and thus when it's easy access for you guys to get on and go wild I'm thinking about waking up the next morning. xD

It might also account for some words I may seem to spell differently. Apologies in advance for those.

Bia
09-14-2010, 11:29 PM
XD Like realize?

Wattz
09-14-2010, 11:31 PM
Few! Lots of confusion to catch up on XD.

Bia
09-14-2010, 11:31 PM
Right! Keep everyone in line wattzy! I gots ta go!

Wattz
09-15-2010, 12:25 AM
I shall do my best! XD

I'll be holding off for a while after this post, especially since Blue's heading off and there's still people who need to make their first post. Just thought I'd get the little name introduction out of the way for now, since we're in a fairly small group at the moment. Hopefully I got everyone's locations correct ._. I can be pretty paranoid about misplacing characters XD.

Happy posting! Also, just a friendly reminder to be weary of speed posting XD.

WHOOSHHHH!!! *fades into darkness*

ILYTH
09-15-2010, 05:17 AM
Arrrggghh curse being Australian!! posted an intro as well as I could without interfering with plans others have for interactions. Looks great so far guys lets keep up the quality.

Bia
09-15-2010, 11:08 AM
Your intro was fine Killa ;)

ILYTH
09-15-2010, 12:01 PM
just a little heads up Victor is usually this overly fancy with his talking he's just a bit wierd around new people, trust issues as so forth

Wattz
09-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Hey, everyone!

Just a heads up, I'll be making one banner for every character, going down the list in the order they're up in on the first page. They should look something like this:

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/6714/shiftkassidy.jpg

This way, if you want to, you can use a banner with your character on it to advertise the RP! Again, you wouldn't be obligated to use them, I just thought it would be a fun sort of thing to have XD.

erebus
09-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Holy crap, this thing moves fast!! At this rate, by the time I get enough free time to write up my first post this afternoon/evening, the IC will be some 5 pages in... That said, I'll try and figure something out, but I did have a question for you Blue. I'm heading out of town this weekend for a convention, and I honestly don't know what internet access is going to be like at the hotel/convention center. Since, if it keeps up this speed, I might miss the next 8 pages before I get back home and can post something, how would you like me to play it? I, of course, have no problem with you or Wattz hijacking my character for your purposes, but if I can set something up for you in my post to make things easier, let me know.

[EDIT]: That sounds really cool, Wattz. I can't wait to see how they turn out.

Bia
09-15-2010, 06:40 PM
Omg Wattzy I love it so much! -rpa-

And erebus- I know it's going fast, it'll probably slow down a little and I'll do my best not to move too far ahead in the storyline. If it does though, we can always say you are an old friend of Kassidy's and you can just jump in whenever.

Also everyone! If you are planning on responding to Killa's new post remember that there is only one shifter per real life animal. So you will have never seen a cheetah before in your life. You will not know what to call it. This world has general terms like "cat, dog, lizard" just so we can categorize the shifters and describe them. But nothing specific like cheetah or greenland gyrfalcon XD

Wattz
09-15-2010, 11:04 PM
@erebus: In the event that the RP does get too many posts for you to catch up on, I wouldn't mind hijacking your character if need be. So, you can either already have your character know Kassidy, or I can hijack Cameron no problem. Just to give you some options.

The signatures are on their way! Finished two more!

thesouleater
09-15-2010, 11:39 PM
Woah. XD Wattz, that is awesome.

Wattz
09-16-2010, 12:54 AM
@thesouleater: Thanks! 8D I hope they all turn out ok. Gahahah.

ILYTH
09-16-2010, 06:43 AM
your really going above and beyond here Watzz, well done :D

erebus
09-16-2010, 05:46 PM
I hope you don't mind, Blue, but I went with both options. Having a friend in the group is the only good reason I could think of for having Cameron be social and join the group. You also have a PM for resolving the encounter.

Bia
09-16-2010, 07:45 PM
I got your pm erebus. And you idea is good, I'll be sure to do what you say ;)

erebus
09-16-2010, 11:01 PM
Aww, now I feel bad about the phrasing... It was just a helpful suggestion, not a demand...

Bia
09-17-2010, 12:24 AM
Oh no not at all! My phrasing was wrong! I meant it's your character, I'll be sure to try and keep it the way your character is!

Fox Xalian
09-20-2010, 06:09 PM
I'm considering joining! This will give me and excuse to bring an NPC I made for another roleplay into character status.

Bia
09-20-2010, 06:10 PM
Go for it! We're still in the beginning stages so more people are welcome!

Fox Xalian
09-20-2010, 06:19 PM
Cool! I still need a good surname for my character though...a French girl....she needs a good French last name which I'm looking up now.

Wattz
09-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Whew! Finally done making this batch of banners! I tried to make them match their personalities/compliment their photos, but don't be shy about asking me to restart yours. If you don't like it, I'm willing to tinker with it some more.

Also Blue, I noticed that Dan's profile isn't on the first page yet. Thought I'd let you know.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/6714/shiftkassidy.jpg

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/1851/shiftera.jpg

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/65/shiftlavender.jpg

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/7384/shiftjoseph.jpg

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4479/shiftvictor.jpg

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/7718/shiftvsafrai.jpg

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/4369/shiftcameron.jpg

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/3011/shiftjames.jpg

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9719/shiftdan.jpg

Bia
09-21-2010, 10:02 PM
OMG why are you so amazing!?!?!?!?!!? D:

Oh and yeah I know I'm a bad girl...:(

Wattz
09-21-2010, 10:04 PM
8D I'm glad you approve, Blue XD

AW MAN I forgot Kia >__<

I'm so sorry Livlaffluv T__T I'll make her right now and edit her into the list.

Bia
09-21-2010, 10:05 PM
yeah I need to add her too *sigh, work*

thesouleater
09-22-2010, 05:39 AM
Sorry if I'm slow getting posts up. I just restarted school (as most of us probably have) and I've been busy with extra activities.

I'll try to get a post up by the end of the weekend.

Fox Xalian
09-22-2010, 03:07 PM
I'm just waiting on Lance to help with my character creation.

erebus
09-23-2010, 02:21 AM
Wow, I look away for a single day while I'm at work, and the threads explode, but when I leave for a weekend plus an extra break for class work, nothing happens... I guess everyone took that warning about speed posting to heart... Well, as it stands, I'm left waiting for someone in the main group to do anything that I can react to and use for scraping together a short post...

Oh, yeah, before I forget...

@wattz: Holy crap, those are way amazing!! I wish I had a fraction of your mad graphical design skillz.

Hunter
09-24-2010, 08:11 PM
Darn Your Awesome It's Unreal,Blue and Watts..

:D

Doreen
09-25-2010, 12:09 AM
Blue and Wattz, is it still possible to enter this RPG? =)

Wattz
09-25-2010, 12:55 AM
@erebus: Yeah, I notice it's common for RPs to speed the hell up at first then slow down really quickly. If nobody posts something that can warrant an RP response, I'll post up a reaction that will hopefully be more helpful to the group as a whole.

And thank you! 8D

@Hunter: Thanks a bunch! =D

@Doreen: Yes! There's room for more, and we're just starting off so it's easy to jump on in.

WordsofWisdom
09-25-2010, 02:14 AM
I'll give it a shot. =3

Name: Scott Williams

Appearance: http://hisfashioneye.buy.co.uk/files/2008/11/bullet-brown-leather-bomber-jacket-goodsouls1.jpg

http://www.alaska-in-pictures.com/data/media/2/blond-grizzly-bear_4209.jpg

Personality: Often vocal about his position, Scott sometimes is barrel headed and overruns people in his haste to make himself known. His pigheadedness is counterbalanced by a fierce loyalty and protective instinct that spires from a place deep within him, especially when it comes to the opposite sex. This makes him chivalrous and brotherly to a fault, to the point where the line blurs between 'sister' and 'every female ever'. When aggravated, Scott is very non-tactical, using his size as both human and animal to charge in, brutally striking at his opponents with large, slow, yet devastating attacks. Because of his physical lifestyle, Scott likes to sleep. A lot.

History: Scott has a rather checkered past. He refused to be enslaved for a great deal of his life, eventually being forced into manual labour, as shifters with his size are few and far between. He's harbored a lot of anger towards his 'masters', and has gained a bit of a reputation as not the most diplomatic of shifters ever to grace the dimension. He once had a family that was separated, bought as pets and slaves for little more than a meal a day, and the loss of his two younger sisters and mother hit him hard, like a bag of bricks. His shoulders became broader that day, so that he could shoulder the weight of the world and of his lost family and manage to eke out an existence. Later in life, he was so beaten down by the labour he had been forced to undergo that when the workers rose up against the management for more rights, he didn't even want it anymore. He just allowed it to happen. He mainly kept his head down in the three days of fire and brimstone that followed, slumbering the conflict away. When the battle ended, he got a job doing what he hated; manual labour, pulling carts and coal trolleys, slinking into the park as a human form to nap. He is a broken, buried, yet emerging man, who needs to find his own way to redemption before his morals get sucked into the void.

Other:Scars line his back from whips when he was a labour-bear.

I hate it. Let me know what you think.

Wattz
09-25-2010, 02:33 AM
Looks good to me, WoW! Welcome aboard =D

WordsofWisdom
09-25-2010, 02:39 AM
^^ Does this mean I get a snazzeriffic signature too, or did I miss that train? I gotta admit, I'm super jealous of yours. :P

EDIT: Is it cool if I post IC now, or would you rather I wait?

Wattz
09-25-2010, 02:50 AM
Nope, I'll be making signatures for everyone as they come =D. I missed one of the first ones though, so I've got to make Kia's first (I'M STILL SO SORRY, LIVLAFFLUV! T__T) and then I shall make yours!

Go ahead and post in the IC, no worries.

thesouleater
09-25-2010, 05:16 AM
Well, now its the weekend, so I can try and get a post up soon. ^_^

@Wattz: Those are awesome! :D

ILYTH
09-25-2010, 02:58 PM
sorry I've been off for a couple of days guys, little bit of flu, raring to go now though :D

Bia
09-25-2010, 08:46 PM
WHOO HOO Peoples!

Lets get this rp rollin'. I'll go and post everyone up in the updates column RIGHT NOW before I forget XD

EDIT: alright that should be it. If I missed anyone, or if your characters aren't where I say they are, let me know! As soon as everyone meets up and forms their little "posse" we can move on to the next task!

Doreen
09-26-2010, 08:57 PM
Please tell me if my character is approved.

Name: Ivy. (no last name)

Appearance:
*Human form*
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4150/5027409432_579e53a325_m.jpg

Large:
*Animal form (Rattus norvegicus)*
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4151/5027409438_5d905a1cf7_m.jpg

Personality: Ivy is very social and likes to be surrounded with other Shifters. As for the opposite sex, she will always be drawn towards the most strong or powerful Shifters and isn’t afraid to share. She can adapt very easy to a new situation. She knows a lot of trivia and is specialized in knowledge about food. But as she is a bit older, sometimes she forgets where she left her things. She has the fear of stains and tries to be very clean. When she is in her human form she showers at least two times per day. She gets very uncomfortable in large and open areas, for example in rooms with high ceilings. For hobbies, she is very sportive. She likes running in the semidarkness, as well as swimming. During the day she is tired and can become grumpy very easy.

History: Ivy has spend the most of her life in rat form. She doesn’t remember anything about her parents, because they left her when she was only two months old. Ivy had always been on the move, looking for someone to create a large family. Other humans never liked her, because they thought she smelled a bit strange. But Shifters did like her. They didn’t think she smelled weird and Ivy stayed with the Shifters, while trying to avoid humans as much as possible. During the “Shifters Rights” movement she took the side to make Shifters dominant and superior over humans. She took this side because she is drawn to strong and powerful Shifters.

Other: Unknown.

Wattz
09-26-2010, 08:59 PM
Approved, Doreen! Nice one =D

Bia
09-26-2010, 11:20 PM
I'll add you to the list. Go ahead and make your first post.

ALSO--pretty soon I'm going to close acceptance of new characters. I'd like to let everyone join but we need to move this rp along and if too many people join then we'll never get anywhere. So if you are looking to join, join now!

Doreen
09-27-2010, 06:22 AM
Hmmm, I have read all the character sheets and some information is missing. I would very much appreciate it, when it was clear which people took which side during the “Shifters Rights” movements. =) Furthermore, I would like to know whether I should start as a human or as a rat (my character would probably shout 'rat!' right now), but it's not that clear to me.

erebus
09-28-2010, 12:13 AM
Now, I'm not the GM, so I might be wrong in my assumptions, but here's the best answer I can give...

[...]as the war would have occurred a few hundred years before Lavender was born (so her parents couldn't have died in it, her great-great-great-grandparents maybe)[...]
Well, considering the war/movement happened a couple hundred years ago, I don't believe many of the characters would have been around to take sides. As for how you start out, that's entirely up to you. So far, I think it's been about 50-50 in terms of which form people start in. Regardless, if your character would want to start out in animal form, then I believe you just found your answer.

Bia
09-28-2010, 12:28 AM
Thanks erebus! And he's completely right. While having human-shifter conflict would provide interesting interaction, the storyline we have planned out isn't really about that, and it would be easier to keep it like it is.

See we want the Valuent to stay as more of a myth, not really fresh in anyones mind, and since the Valuent were a big part of the Right's movement, they wouldn't really be myths anymore.

Sorry to anyone who put that as a big part of their history (*cough cough* WoW *cough cough*). It is perfectly fine to have your shifter in a unfair work environment, where he is nearly worked to death everyday, and your boss's are "racist" so to speak, but having people actually haved participated in the rights movement wouldn't really work.

I'm very sorry we didn't bring this up sooner, please put all the blame on Wattz and me. Go ahead and shoot us in the foot :(

Wattz
09-28-2010, 12:39 AM
I'd put more blame on myself than Blue, because I'm the one that accepted those character profiles without thinking about the history of the RP >__<. I sincerely apologize for the confusion that it's brought about, and I'll try to be more conscious of such important details in the future.

Doreen
09-28-2010, 08:04 AM
Sorry to have brought up the confusion. But it's not that big a deal, I am sure we can write around it. First IC post, here we come!

WordsofWisdom
10-01-2010, 03:43 PM
*shoots Blue and Wattz in the foot*

Well, time to re-write some history. :P

WordsofWisdom
10-01-2010, 03:46 PM
Baaaaaaaaaad Double post.

So, I re-edited my bio. TL;DR- the conflict that Scott had participated in is now a violent labour rights movement rather than a civil war. Makes more sense.

Bia
10-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Yay much better :) and I know...my foot deserves it...

WordsofWisdom
10-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Now I'm all guilty. :(

Bia
10-03-2010, 05:26 PM
aww lol no you're fine.

erebus
10-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I'd have thought that an incident where a giant black cat-shifter leaps up, plucks a bird-shifter out of the air, and winds up with the bird-shifter sitting on the cat-shifter's head would be an easy thing for a group of top-notch rp-ers like ourselves to respond to. I mean, I've been in my share of slow rp's (my favorite one took us the better part of 2 years, on and off, to finish the first chapter), but this is just weird...and, no, I can't post yet. Even if there were something to react to, I'm down to one usable arm for another week or so, and hunt/peck is too slow (this took the better part of 10 minutes to type out [curse you high school for making me accustomed to touch-typing!!!]).

Bia
10-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Hmm. I agree, we need to keep this ball rolling...I'll ask Wattz if she can come up with something good to get everyones attention.

Wattz
10-07-2010, 10:52 PM
Sorry, for me I guess school hit me a lot harder than I intended. Admittedly, I thought I'd wait a bit longer to give the other RPers time to respond, but I'll do my best to get a thorough post up tonight, depending on how long homework takes. I'm in the library because my internet's down at home, so I'm limited to how long I can stay on the site, especially since homework takes priority.

And yikes, erebus, I'm sorry about your arm! .__. That royally sucks >_<. Best wishes!

Bia
10-07-2010, 10:56 PM
It's alright. Just do your best, both of you.

Wattz
10-09-2010, 12:36 AM
Can't believe I never thought of this question before >__<.

Are we assuming that since Cameron and Kassidy are good friends that Era knows him as well? I don't mean that they're auto friends by association, but that she's met him before, or at least is aware of their friendship? Trying to write up a response and I feel that this is kind of crucial information in regards to how Era responds XD;;; Regardless there will be a bit of shock factor, but yeah.

WordsofWisdom
10-09-2010, 12:58 AM
I would post, but its kinda speed posting, so...

Unless no one minds, that is...

Bia
10-09-2010, 01:11 AM
Yes yes, Era is familiar.

And WoW since you didn't really post a good post to respond too (no offense, i'm mearly saying while it was a great intro post, you didn't put your character in a position where someone could make conversation) you have the okay to go ahead and post. I'm just concerned about the people that post just like one paragraph posts every other post XD

WordsofWisdom
10-09-2010, 01:54 AM
None taken. I'll do that.

Wattz
10-10-2010, 04:16 AM
Woooooooo, internet's back! Posting tonight or tomorrow xD

erebus
10-14-2010, 06:32 AM
Hey, look, I managed a post! And, in related news, my shoulder is mostly back to normal, so I no longer have to bother with one handed hunt/peck!!! With any luck, I'm hoping it's up to snuff and perhaps even worth the wait. Also, just to make doubly sure it's obvious, the bold/italicized bits were thoughts in Cameron's head, considering jaguars don't exactly have the best vocal cords for speech...

Wattz
10-14-2010, 04:54 PM
Woot! Glad your shoulder's better, erebus =D. And no worries, the post looks great. Good call on italicizing their thoughts for when they're in animal form. I know I've been trying to be careful about not making Era speak while shifted, though then again she hasn't been shifted for an extended period of time yet XD.

Bia
10-14-2010, 08:39 PM
Yeah, finding ways to get around not talking in shifter form is part of the fun!

Good post erebus

Fox Xalian
10-17-2010, 06:02 AM
Sorry I'm late. Here is my character Blue, as promised.

Name: Danielle Bellerose

Appearance:

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af343/lance_addison/White-Lioness-at-Mogo-ZOO_MG_8182.jpg

http://vi.sualize.us/thumbs/08/10/01/face,woman,photography,white,hair-e99ffeade94f280568bc24aa67d93f41_h.jpg

Personality:

Danielle Bellerose can be a quiet woman, prefering to watch and study people around her. She is intelligent – studying shifting biology (why humans can shift) at university and can speak fluent French and English. She often forgets which she is speaking and mingles both the languages when talking. She can be hard to make friends with, though is always polite, but is fiercly loyal and protective of the friends she does have.

History:

Danielle's life has been one of mostly bordom, a average life of an average teenager. Always the quiet one of the group of friends, she never seemed to be in the "it" crowd. She more or less just blended in to the crowd of day to day school life, excelling at her studies, having a boyfriend and a few close friends, and studying some more.

Her studying paid off though, when she was accepted in to a prestigious university on a scholarship in Shifting Biology.

Bia
10-17-2010, 06:59 PM
Looks good Fox. I'll add you to the list.

Character acceptance is now closed.

EDIT: BTW in a few minutes I'll start working on updating the update page so keep an eye out for that ;)

Fox Xalian
10-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Okay well my first post is up. Hope it doesn't suck to much, not knowing how many people are active in this thing and all.

Bia
10-18-2010, 08:06 PM
Everyone better be active! :whip:

VerVolf
10-19-2010, 12:25 AM
I'm still here, I was kind of hoping to get a post out of The Fox before I continued, being the other two acctually in the lake, but I'm sure I can just return to the shore and bump into a certain lioness drinking from it... If that's alright with her of course? ^^

Fox Xalian
10-19-2010, 02:10 PM
Danielle wouldn't mind being bumped into, I'm sure of it.

thesouleater
10-20-2010, 03:15 AM
I posted, but its a bit short though. I couldn't think of much to write. *sweat* Sorry 'bout that.

Doreen
10-20-2010, 08:21 AM
I think it's time for me to leave this roleplay game, since I have lots of trouble writing a post to fit my character into the story so far.

Bia
10-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Aww that would be so sad :( But if you really want to I'll remove your name from the list...

EDIT: Fox, I looked at your post. It looks fine but I would just like to point out that you can't speak in your shifter form. You can make animal noises and limited facial expressions, but you can't really talk. You'd have to shift for that. Can you edit it please?

EDIT EDIT: FINALLY updated the front page. Let me know if you see anything wrong. Also, I'm going to be adding some action in soon to keep the ball rolling. I'm just gonna wait for a few more posts.

Also, I'm going to contact Liv, she still hasn't made her first post yet and I need to know if she's still interested..

Fox Xalian
10-21-2010, 05:35 AM
Okay I'll edit that.

EDIT: I couldn't think of anything so I just got rid of the talking.

Wattz
11-02-2010, 04:08 AM
Considering I've been neglecting all my RPs due to school and writer's block, I decided to FINALLY post something. It's not much, but it keeps the RP a little more alive XD.

Bia
11-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Thanks Wattz! Also, taking Liv's name off the list. She still hasn't responded and it's been long enough.

Let's keep the ball rolling guys ;)

Fox Xalian
11-07-2010, 08:34 AM
Now I wait for the others to reply.

Delicross
11-13-2010, 06:18 AM
O.o Is there room for lil ol me to join?

Bia
11-13-2010, 03:43 PM
Character acceptance is now closed.

Sorry Delicross. But we're having trouble taking off as it is. Thank you for your interest though and my next rp you can totally join! :)

Fox Xalian
11-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Although this one seems to have died.

Bia
11-13-2010, 03:48 PM
Don't say that! D:

I'm not giving up without a fight!

Activity Check effective now! If you are at all interested in still doing this rp speak now or forever hold your peace. I give you 5 days to post or your name will be removed from the list.

Also, I'm gonna post again in the IC, make something interesting happen so we can have something to reply to.

Fox Xalian
11-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Okay. SWell since I just joined and have been waiting for....a while now I'm still interested...maybe you should PM the people the activity check....

Bia
11-13-2010, 04:01 PM
Nah, if they aren't interested enough to subscribe to this thread...

erebus
11-14-2010, 03:17 AM
I'm still checking in frequently, but I've been waiting for something that I can write a legitimate response to. However, I do believe that your post qualifies as interesting, so once I'm no longer terribly sleep deprived and the pink elephants stop telling me to go to sleep, I'll get to work on something.

Wattz
11-30-2010, 07:53 AM
Wading through the busy schedules and RP block and all other sorts of fun stuff....

I apologize thoroughly for not posting earlier .__. I've been working on this post, trying to make it something post-worthy, but it's not nearly as eventful as it could be. If people have troubles responding to it, I don't mind editing it to make it more suitable.

But I figured that SOMETHING was better than NOTHING. >_<

Bia
11-30-2010, 09:05 PM
*gives star to wattz* I had almost given up hope on this baby tbh!

But let's prove me wrong :D

Wattz
11-30-2010, 09:11 PM
XD Nevar give up, nevar surrendarrrrrrrrr!!!! >8D

TheBaron
12-09-2010, 09:04 PM
You need any more people or are you all filled up.

Bia
12-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Well so far no one is being very active XD But you can totally join if you want.

TheBaron
12-09-2010, 09:25 PM
So wait is this dead or not i just read a few posts saying that it was

Wattz
12-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Nope, it's not dead... yet. But we're not giving up on it! I believe it can thrive!

TheBaron
12-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Well then what do you guys need in the way of characters tell me and I will make it

Bia
12-09-2010, 10:00 PM
You're from Atlanta *0* My name is Atlanta!

*ahem*

Anyway, you can pretty much make your own character at this point, just make sure it fits the rules and history :)

TheBaron
12-09-2010, 10:11 PM
-friends-

K will post it soon

TheBaron
12-09-2010, 10:29 PM
Name:
James Michal

Appearance:

http://www.mynewhair.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/purple-emo-boy.jpg
http://www.kristinsweetland.com/raven%20bird.jpg

Personality:
Mysterious, Rarely Talks, Ominous, almost Fatalistic

History:
James grew up in a broken home. Father violent towards him and his mother. Mother violent towards him. Eventually he took to the wing and flew off into the night. He came back a few nights later in human form and stole all the money in the house and emptied his families bank account out and with what little clothes he had he left to see them, "Nevermore..."

Other:
Painter
Musician