PDA

View Full Version : [M] In Space [OOC]

V
09-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Mature for possible themes. May include violence, blood, explicit language.

No Enemy. No Danger. Just Space.
Space and a few souls.

The Station Serviou 3-X, a message relay centre on the edge of the Brink. The loneliest place in the universe with only the re-suppliers as monthly visitors. The remaining interactions include communications from travelling vessels and faraway planets - which need redirection and strengthening of signal.

The station itself consists of four officers; 2 on duty at all times. The on duty officers spent their time within the main deck which overlooks the great Space with a single glass panel. They use various controllers to direct messages and log information. Other rooms include sleeping quarters, the common room (for relaxation and what not), the supply room with maintenance, etc.

Something went wrong; the station is now destroyed. The officers from the station stare on at the wreckage in their suits. The escape pod had malfunctioned, the vessel destroyed now too.

No one knows of the disaster. No one is coming to help. Only empty space surrounds all.

~~

The RP Focuses on 2 different time zones, the first leads up to the disaster beginning from around 12 hours beforehand.

The second follows the officers in space after the incident. The suits have limited mobility, small jets able to push the person in the direction of their choosing. They are able to communicate with one another. They had several hours of air each (at most 12) They have a tools for small tasks (like screwdrivers and that sort of thing).

~~

It isn't going to be a very long game ( I think) and a max of 4 people can enter (that means 3 after me)

Feel free to create some character relationships with each other through PM's or the thread if you want. Our characters know each other pretty well :)

Rules
RPA Rules Apply (as they always do XD)
General RP rules apply
2 post minimum and general spelling and what not.

Also have fun.

Character Skeleton (simple is fine :)
Name

Description (pic is fine)
Personality
Quick history

RayleighScattering
09-11-2010, 04:22 PM
:x I'm interested...was going to ask to reserve a spot...but it doesn't seem fair. If i get back from sleeping and theres still a spot i'll make a character.

Good job btw. the idea totally inspired me.

The Fox
09-12-2010, 01:37 AM
I'm joining. :)

The Fox
09-12-2010, 01:44 AM
Name: Kia McVicker

Description: http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae86/MGrenan/Beautiful%20woman/1277774053783.jpg
Personality: Kia is very kind and outgoing. She loves to make the best out of a situation, even if it's extremely bad. She loves adventure and everything is fun in her case. Kia is funny and loves to talk.
Quick history: Kia doesn't really know anything about her past except that she was abandoned by her parents when she was only a baby. She was raised in an orphanage until she was 16. Then she started working in different fast-food joints. She made many friends, including the three she's stranded in space with. After, everything got crazy and she found her way into space... In fear and in danger of dying. At least it gives her a chance to get even closer to her friends.

V
09-12-2010, 01:53 AM
looks good Miss Jojo---- oh wait Fox XD

your welcome to a spot Oishii (dear :D) though there were others who had interest ..

I'll start a bio shortly and the IC

The Fox
09-12-2010, 01:54 AM
Sounds great and thank you! :D

V
09-12-2010, 10:33 AM
Evan Woods
Age 25
Gender Male

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_lrO8T0sv2fc/TGoY3DBXMnI/AAAAAAAAC5k/WGpTJLONPIE/s1600/GuyBlack.jpg

Personality
Easy going and nice - hard to anger. Gets stressed easily though, over worries about things too much.

Bio
At first it seemed having the most easy going job he'd ever known was the best thing that had happened to Evan. But after two years on the station things have changed. Anxiety has built up, Space has begun to nag at him. He was planning to leave the station with the next supply run.

The Fox
09-13-2010, 01:08 AM
Nice. :)

V
09-13-2010, 12:47 PM
Writing the IC now.... though I gotta head off soon. Only written stuff after the incident right now. Expect the post to be a little long though. I may be rambling lol.

The Fox
09-14-2010, 03:41 AM
Lol. No worries. I'm just excited. ^^

V
09-15-2010, 01:02 PM
The IC Yay woohoo (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=329182#post329182) XD

though my posts certainly won't always be that long

That was fun to write hope you like Miss Fox and others who possibly join.

The Fox
09-15-2010, 07:52 PM
That was a great post! I posted. ^^

V
09-16-2010, 06:43 AM
>_< Forgot to subscribe to IC thread again,

thank you.

Wattz
09-19-2010, 04:10 AM
PFT I WANT TO JOINNNNN!!!

Space? Sci Fi? Yes please.

I'll probably use a premade. Either way, I'm joining XD.

V
09-19-2010, 04:20 AM
Yay :D just throw up your character whenever then :D

Tyanet
09-20-2010, 01:29 AM
FFFFFFFFFUUUU-

This looked Really cool. I'm disappointed that I can't join it :c

V
09-20-2010, 06:34 AM
FFFFFFFFFUUUU-

This looked Really cool. I'm disappointed that I can't join it :c

D: Why not Tyanet?

Tyanet
09-20-2010, 06:22 PM
Because it would appear that it's full!

Doreen
09-21-2010, 09:42 AM
Too bad this is full!

Wattz
09-23-2010, 05:57 AM
This was me being generally lazy XD. I took advantage of the fact that this doesn’t have to be too detailed and decided to use bullet points. Hope it’s adequate!

Name: Ozaria Artemis Ancar VIII aka “Oz”
Description:

- Greasy pale skin
- A nose with a bump on the bridge, showing that it’s been previously broken
- Brown eyes often lazily half-lidded
- Usually smirking/giving a mocking expression
- Ratty, greasy shoulder-length black hair covered by a bowler hat
- Bland black clothing, always has cigarettes on hand

Personality: Oz is already burned out, even at her age, and it definitely shows in the way she treats people and acts. Her voice is worn out from years of tobacco abuse, she’s abrupt and rude and has thrown all semblance of etiquette out the window.

Quick history: Oz is a member of an underground weapons developer that produces highly illegal equipment. As one of the primary members of the group, she’s gotten herself into a hell of a lot of trouble, and needs a place to lay low for a while. Oz is on the space station posing as a civilian, though she really sucks at blending in to social situations.

V
09-23-2010, 06:33 AM
XD Bullet Points XD

Accepted Wattz, just remember your character will be 'On-duty' in the control room for before the station is destroyed.

And now just a character from Killa to come hopefully :)

Wattz
09-23-2010, 06:39 AM
Sweet deal!

I'll probably post tomorrow.... I'm feeling horribly lazy, as the bullet points suggest -__-

V
09-23-2010, 06:57 AM
Hahah no problem :)

WordsofWisdom
09-23-2010, 01:02 PM
Snap. Is this reserved up/full, or can I throw up a bio and get in on the action?

V
09-24-2010, 06:21 AM
Well KillaKittyofDoom was making a character but I can check if he still wants to be a part of the RP.

Otherwise unfortunately.

WordsofWisdom
09-24-2010, 08:08 PM
So, is he still in, or...?

The Fox
09-25-2010, 01:25 AM
I'm still interested, Pinky. ^^

V
09-25-2010, 01:34 AM
Yay Fox <3

I send him a VM this morning Words :)

V
09-26-2010, 04:32 AM
Go ahead and make a character if you still want to words.

Only need one more person then we can start getting somewhere! :D

WordsofWisdom
09-26-2010, 04:35 AM
Okay, I will first thing tomorrow (I need to go to bed - 12:35 here)

Goodnight, RPA!

V
09-26-2010, 04:53 AM
Sweet!

Night Words :D

WordsofWisdom
09-26-2010, 07:45 PM
Name: Adam Morrowitz

Description: http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:-ZjXkH3DxmiUoM:http://goremaster.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/adam-baldwin.jpg&t=1
Personality: Practical Joker, friendly, and humorous, but can be dimwitted and leaps before he looks.
Quick history: Adam was birthed from a family who didn't expect he'd do well in school, based upon his test scores and aptitude examinations. Early in life, he was suspected of having ADD, but refused to take the tests because "he didn't want Sally to think he was 'tarded.", Sally being a girl in his grade 5 class at the time.

Every time someone asked what Adam would be when he grew up, he'd point at the sky and say "Astronaut", puffing his chest out proudly. Adam never gave up his dreams of the stars, even when he flunked out of college and was forced to get a job as a janitor for a small fuel development plant. The shape Adam kept in got him noticed by one of the CEO's, who was working on the space station, and asked Adam if he would like to be examined to work on the station for a long-term excursion. Three years later, Adam was in the stars, having scored one of the highest of any candidate for the mission.

Adam is married to that same girl in his grade 5 class, Sally. He has two children.

Wattz
09-26-2010, 07:50 PM
@WoW: Oh my goshhhh he looks like Adam Baldwinnnn!

... Is it? .__.

Love the character sheet =D.

WordsofWisdom
09-26-2010, 07:52 PM
It is Adam Baldwin, lol.

Best Jayne Quote: "I don't want you to hurt him, Jayne. Just scare him."
"Pain is scary!"

I like Mr. Baldwin. =D

Wattz
09-26-2010, 07:54 PM
I think my favorite quote would have to be the one where he's reading from Simon's diary XD.

"Dear diary, Today I was pompous and my sister was crazy! Today we got kidnapped by hillfolk! It was the best day ever!"

Well there's plenty of amazing quotes, but that one's always the first to come to mind besides the one about grenades.

WordsofWisdom
09-26-2010, 07:56 PM
"Why didn't you betray me? You had the opportunity..."
"The money wasn't good enough."
"And if it is?"
"That'll be an interesting day, Captain."

xP. Damn you, Firefly! Why'd you go off and get canceled on us!

Wattz
09-26-2010, 08:06 PM
I KNOWWWW! One of the best shows ever!

"You'll be going to a very special level of hell. The level of hell reserved for child molesters and people who talk at the theater."

... or something like that XD. Good old Book!

Sickly
09-27-2010, 02:50 AM
Name Sarah Locke
Age 29
Gender Female

Descriptionhttp://img812.imageshack.us/img812/2476/steampunkadventurer7bym.jpg
Personality A bit of a pessimist and strangely upbeat at the same time. Sarah keeps to herself mostly often keeping up an inner dialogue for long periods of time.
Quick history Sarah joined the crew of the station about 1 year ago and works as engineer often fixing the broken parts of the station when they need repair. Although she dislikes the isolation that comes with the job she appreciates the peace and quiet that a job planetside wouldn't give her. she's not a fantastic mechanic but she knows her stuff pretty well however she is prone to mistakes and the crew knows this...

V
09-27-2010, 06:33 AM
Firefly!!!! XD

Accepted WoW!

~~
Sadly you've just missed out Saga, WoW has taken the last spot.

Sickly
09-28-2010, 12:13 AM
damn....well i'll still be reading it im very interested in the story

WordsofWisdom
09-28-2010, 03:33 AM
Adam has entered the fray.

Dudes, I am so loving this story. :D

V
09-28-2010, 07:27 AM
XD glad you are liking it WoW :)

V
10-06-2010, 07:14 AM
Anyone need any help or whatever for a post? :)

Wattz
10-07-2010, 12:38 AM
Gahhh, sorry I haven't posted yet >_< I keep putting it off because I lack internet at home, and also because I keep thinking I should write for the creative writing contest first, but no more excuses. I'll write one up right now real quick before I leave the library .___.

V
10-07-2010, 07:01 AM
I'd hate not having net at home D:

Nice post :)

Wattz
10-07-2010, 10:46 PM
It's hoooorribleeee D:

Thank you! XD

WordsofWisdom
10-12-2010, 02:16 AM
OMG FINALLY!

I mean; Posted! ^^.

Wattz
10-12-2010, 03:32 AM
He figured Oz was the kind of person to call you five years from now with a “Hey, remember when I saved your ass in space, family man? Well, I need twelve thousand dollars.”

Truth.

Love it XD.

V
10-13-2010, 08:17 AM
XD Awesomeness...

OK gonna try and post tonight...

I might take control of Fox's character seeing as she has disappeared.

Or we all could just more her about a bit?

Maybe I could try finding someone to use her?

Wattz
10-14-2010, 04:46 PM
Yeah, I think for now we should push her character around/take her over, but finding someone else to play her is a good plan =D