PDA

View Full Version : Kids of the Digital Era

Awean8
09-11-2010, 04:26 PM
This is your average stereotypical high-school Rp, except its the mix between Hogwarts, Star Wars, and I don't know maybe even Digimon.

In 2012 A.D the world changed forever after various supposedly terrorist plots lead to World War 3 which only lasted for a single year ending with the United States of America unifying the entire world. The new era after that become known as the Digital Era (D.E) because of the sharp rise in the use of technology only years before.

There were at first rebellion but over the years the world came to accept being one nation, even realizing that humanity benifited from it. Without the inanity of war scientific and technological breakthroughs happened almost on an everyday basis. Cities grew quickly until officially in the year 129 D.E the entire Earth was encompassed in urban sprawl. many buildings piercing the stratosphere. Even though the pollution problem was solved, some animal species went extinct from loss of habitat but many were tranported to large high quality zoos so mankind could remember what Earth was like before the Digital Era.

The current year is 157 D.E. Since nearly everything is run by the internet hackers reign almost as god figures. Most are harmless, but some....

You go to Fossil Creek High School, its a large school having more than fourteen floors. Its prestigious supposedly only for the best students although most aren't geniuses. Most getting in through scholarship, rich parents, or by just being lucky. People from all around the world go here so most of the top floors are reserved for the dorms. The bottom floors consist of the cafeteria, the counceling offices, and the lobby. The middle floors are for the almost hundreds of classrooms the school provides, and the several commons area where the student can socialize and relax.

Since there is so much information in the world to the point where its impossible to learn everything most students pick thier own subjects to specialize in.

Name:
Classes: (there are seven a day)
Appearance:
Personality
Hobbies:
Other:

DAH! For some reason I can't get the spoilers to work today T_T.
so this is it for now.

the usual rules apply, post below.

thesouleater
09-11-2010, 05:22 PM
I have a question. For appearance, if your using a picture, would you like real life, or does it matter?

John
09-13-2010, 02:59 AM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975)or put your RP in The Spotlight (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=306170#post306170) to help attract players?

Awean8
09-13-2010, 09:57 PM
anything is fine. thank you! :D

Awean8
09-14-2010, 09:49 PM
here's my character finally.

Name: Ryuu Masato
Grade: 11th Junior

Classes- Literature, Physics, Computer Science, Music Theory, Algrebra, Politics, Creative Writing

Appearance: He's 5'6, soft almost shoulder length black hair, blue eyes, and when ever he walks into school he's distinguished by the headphones over his ears and his utterly bizarre choice in clothing. He's half Japanese, half-Scottish/Irish

Personality: a loner. Although there are numerous ridiculous rumors about him that frequently circulate the school most of them remain untrue

Likes: Cheap horror films, indie music, punk music, guitar, singing, sushi, rice, pizza, old school video games

Dislikes: people. nuff said

Hobbies:: playing in his band, more music, video games, comics, anime, watching movies, poetry, and sleeping

Other:
he likes to walk outside at night and watch the city.

Ushima
09-24-2010, 12:30 AM
Name: Michael Carter

Grade: Senior

Classes: Calculus, AP Chemistry, Gym, Economics, Media, Politics, Creative Writing

Appearance: He stands about 5' 10" with an athletic build. He has buzzed brown hair and dark red eyes. most noticable is his tattoos, most reconizable is the barcode on his neck, and heavy metal clothing

Tattoos: http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/af216/mongo316/Halo/300px-Noblelogo.png
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk250/510akgirl_2008/skull.jpg
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x274/Krystal_Starfire/wolf.png
http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af227/Pappy2K/art/industrailskull.jpg

Personality: He has a hardcore personality, tough, blunt and straight forward. Michael speaks his mind and isn't affraid of the consequences, if the consequence is a fight you better think twice before going in alone.

Dislikes: annoying people

Hobbies: singing (more like screaming), gaming, fighting

Other: Is a marine, just waiting to finish school

XxGoddessxX
10-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Name: Skye Hunter

Grade: 11

Classes: Art, creative writing, math, biology, CPT, english, history

Appearance: Original hair colour is brown, but she dyes it hot pink and black. The hot pink is in the front, her bangs and the two thick and long pieces of hair on either side of her face. Th rest of her hair in the back is all black and short. She has bright green eyes. She is 5''5, and she is curvy.

Personality: She is very sarcastic, and cynical. She doesn't like attracting attention to herself (but she refuses to change her hair, because she loves it). She can be a very loyal friend when you get to know her.

Likes: Coffee, video games, art, books, making videos, and sports.

Dislikes: Crowds, loud music, annoying people, and insects.

Hobbies: Art, and making videos.

Other: Skye is tone deaf, and loathes singing. She wants to have a future in art.

Awean8
10-14-2010, 10:56 PM
cool. you guys are all accepted!

now we wait for more people to show up.......once again.

zerotech57
10-14-2010, 11:18 PM
Name: Aiden Halden

Grade: 12

Classes: Gym, Creative Writing, Math, English, History, Media, Art

Appearance: Short brown hair, and wide, hazel eyes. Generally has a hint of 5 o'clock shadow, but is otherwise clean-shaven. About 6'1 and broad-shouldered, with large arms and legs. His hands and feet are both slightly large compared to the rest of his body.

Personality: He does his best to be nice to everybody he meets, and although he's a bit on the large side, and somewhat scary looking, he's a teddy bear on the inside. His worst trait is his blunt honesty, and his tendency to talk without thinking. He's somewhere between shy, and outgoing. There are times when you can't shut him up, and times where you can't get him to say three words, depending on his mood.

Likes: Sports, Lifting weights, sleeping in, avoiding work, jokes of all varieties, most kinds of food.

Dislikes: Unnecessary loudness, having to follow illogical rules, stupid people, having to act like a "mature adult"

Hobbies: Sports, writing, and messing around on his computer.

Other: Has a tendency to cut class if he gets bored enough with it, leading to an impressive amount of disciplinary action being imposed on him during his tenure at the school.

thesouleater
10-14-2010, 11:29 PM
Name: Roy Michaelis
Grade: Grade 11, which I think is Junior.
Classes: Creative Writing, Foreign Languages (Japanese, French and Spanish), Art, Math, Science, English, Music
Appearance: http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy91/xthesouleater/AP__Pein_Konan_Hidan_Deidara_by_Rav.jpg?t=12870984 71
He looks like this, but doesn't always dress like that. It depends on his mood for how he dresses.
Personality: Roy has always been a bit girly compared to other guys, but not completely girly. He found that as he grew older, he was interested in guys and girls, but mainly guys. Other than that he's very kind and easy to talk to.
Likes: Fashion, different languages, Japanese art, writing
Dislikes: Being bored, being called a girl and doing something he doesn't want to do.
Hobbies: Playing guitar, designing (every once in a while, but not often) and talking to friends.
Other: N/A

Awean8
10-14-2010, 11:33 PM
YES! Three points for Gryffindor! You guys are accepted!

people are actually joining! T_T-tears of joy-

A little more and I can actually post the IC

Akimaru Inzuka
10-18-2010, 06:25 PM
Name: Alex Inzuka
Grade: 12th - im british- i dunno if its right
Classes: IT, Ancient history, Photography, Drama, Creative writing, Japanese, Advanced IT.

Appearance: http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu294/axlhth/moi.jpg
Personality:mad, wild, outgoing, impulsive, reckless, disregard for the rules, no personal safety

Likes: History, playing the bass, IT, Pc games and parkour

Dislikes:cabbage, screaming women, unfunny jokes

Hobbies: bass, parkour, horse riding, clay pigeon shooting

Other:He was born in England, Leamington Spa in Warwickshire at 2:36 in the afternoon on December the 2nd. He had a normal childhood being brought up on a horse stud which was owned by his grandfather and grandmother (now deceased). His father was a Lieutenant Colonel in the RLC(although he is 13th generation Japanese, hence teh surname Inzuka) and at the age of 2 they were moved out to Cyprus where they lived for a further 5 years. At the age of 7 they moved back to England, they stayed here for another 3 years before his father was posted to Germany they lived in Germany for 2 years. At 12 they moved back to the Uk where they have been living to this day.

From the age of 8 upwards he was continually bullied by 1 person until finally whilst in Germany he snapped and smashed the bullies head against a brick wall continually, he was expelled from the school he was in and was trailed for attempted murder, but was let off due to his age and the extenuating circumstances.

Earlier this year he completed the Devises to Westminster Kayak race in a K1 in an accumulated time of 19 hours and 47 minutes.

(not the greatest bio- but i whipped it together pretty quickly, if anything needs changing just say so, thank you)

KyaKonami
10-20-2010, 07:40 PM
if this is still going, I'd like to join

Akimaru Inzuka
10-20-2010, 07:43 PM
I really hope it does get going- it would be my first Rp =)

breannalucy
10-21-2010, 07:27 AM
I'd like to join too, if that's alright?

thesouleater
10-21-2010, 01:23 PM
Yeah... I'd still be interested in this. I really like the character I made. ^_^

Awean8
10-23-2010, 04:07 PM
Of course all you guys can join. :D

Here's the IC!
http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=366078#post366078

Btw....who wants to be Ryuu's room mate?

and anyone can still jump in if they want.

thesouleater
10-23-2010, 05:07 PM
My dude could be Ryuu's room mate if thats okay. ^_^

Awean8
10-23-2010, 05:58 PM
cool. Lets get this RP started! :D

breannalucy
10-25-2010, 01:17 AM
Name: Naomi Fiona Mercer (but everyone just calls her Mercer, as she despises the name Naomi)

Grade: 11th

Classes: AP English, AP Physics, AP Chemistry, German, Calculus, Classical Studies, Psychology

Appearance: Has long, waist-length chocolate brown ringlets that are either perfectly tidy or in an incredibly disheveled ponytail. At 5"4, she's average height, but her slender and fragile appearance hides the fact that she's stronger than your average sixteen year old girl. She either looks immaculately put together, or totally scruffy, depending on how late she's running.

Personality: Despite being one of the most stubborn people you'll ever met and rarely admitting to being wrong, she's a fiercely loyal friend who you can count on to be there for you no matter what. Shy before you get to know her, you can't get her to shut up once she feels comfortable around you. She's perfectly happy in a crowd, or by herself, and she doesn't mind attention. Although she's book smart, it doesn't always translate into common sense, and she gets herself into many difficult situations due to her over trusting nature and tendency to see the best in people, despite the awful things they do. A hopeless romantic, she believes that everybody has a happy ending in store for them, if only they try hard enough to find it.

Likes: Reading, Rowing, Hanging out with Friends, trying new things and the way she feels after an early morning workout.

Dislikes: Not being challenged, running, fake friends, monotony and early morning workouts.

Hobbies: Rowing, travelling, shopping

Other: She comes from a line of successful techno-whizzes and internet hackers, but she has no interest in technology besides it's ability to let her listen to music, watch tv etc and communicate with her friends.
She was born in New Zealand, and still lives there when she's not at school. She loves her home country (especially it's lakes and rivers, which are perfect for her sport) and misses it when she's at school.

XxGoddessxX
10-25-2010, 04:53 AM
Haha, by accident I forgot to subscribe to the IC, so I didn't post anything! But I'll post in the morning. :)

MikeZZZ
10-25-2010, 05:10 PM
Still accepting?

Name: Edwin Zelli
Grade: 10 Sophmore
Classes: Math, English, Scociology, Gym, Biology, Physics, Self Defense

Appearance: 5' 10" Edwin, has short black hair in a crew cut. He usually wears Jeans and a T-shirt. He has a small scar on his right hand from a fight Freshman year.

Personality: A pretty easygoing guy, Edwin is considered one of the few "gentlemen" left on the planet. He follows the code's of chivalry, as dead and old as they are. He detests fighting, but knows how to kick butt when he needs to. A bit of a recluse, he doesn't have a big social life.

Dislikes: People in General
Hobbies: Model Airplanes
Other: N/A

Awean8
10-25-2010, 09:57 PM
everyone so far is accepted!

@XxGoddessxX its cool just post whenever you have the time.

btw
I have some actual homework to get done so I probably won't post until tomorrow so carry on with whatever.

Awean8
10-26-2010, 10:59 PM
So who wants to be in Ryuu's next class?

XxGoddessxX
10-26-2010, 11:33 PM
Can we make creative writing in second period? Because most of the people's characters are in creative writing, and I accidently made my characters first period art. :)

zerotech57
10-26-2010, 11:40 PM
My character's first period class is gym :P
I basically just got lazy and made my character's schedule the same as my real-life schedule

Awean8
10-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Cool. Than it work out for everyone . someone will just have to make a transition to second period.

I'll post tomorrow afternoon.

breannalucy
10-30-2010, 05:54 AM
Sorry for my absence the past few days, we switched internet provider and they forgot to send us the instructions so we could actually get internet...

Awean8
10-30-2010, 05:04 PM
sorry guy I'm going to have the time skip to second period because everyone seems to have Creative Writing.

I probably won't be able to post tonite or tomorrow. Halloween and all.

dark_grey
11-12-2010, 05:46 AM
Name: Crow Knight
Grade: (Sophmore)
Classes: (Fencing,PE,Art,Mathmatics,Self defence,English,Advanced Computer use)
Appearance:Six foot four,medium length black hair, pale skinned, black birdlike eyes and 18 foot wing span of Black featherd wings
Personality kind,caring,charming and protective
Likes: Black leather jackets,his fionce Lilly,motorcycles and flying birds especialy crows
Dislikes:war,death, crulety,the hate poured down on him for being a sience experiment
Hobbies:drawing, flying, working out, saving the world
Other:has a small bird companion named Danny who can transform into a weapon if need be