09-12-2010, 12:56 AM
http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af102/chewbaccabear/3-3.png?t=1288240770

x-x What's here:
Character Profiles
Drawings
Poems
Short Stories

x-x Comments:
It's welcome and you can criticize but there is a line before it turns into an insult.
No spamming. If you want to talk to me about something that will take more than 2 posts, PM me ^^.

x-x Plagarism:
If I find poems, drawings, short stories and/or character profiles in your threads, signatures or anywhere else. I will report you for you need to be more creative.

Miss Ember
09-12-2010, 01:08 AM
The Tele Is Going But We Don't Know

As we cuddle through the night
With your head right on my shoulder
Holding me tight
I know you won't let me go
I don't want you to let me go either

The TV is going
But we're not listening
As you say
I want to hear your hearbeat until you fall asleep
So will I
I hear it thudding against my back
And I feel so calm

No words come out of our mouths
Because we just lay here
In silence
No words can describe this
It feel so sweet

I turn my head
As I see your eyes closed
I laugh quietly
Because I knew this would happen

(Inspiration: This is a poem for my lover now,
I made it a couple months into our relationship
and this poem just shows even when your laying together,
the love between each other is immense.)

Miss Ember
09-12-2010, 01:17 AM
Hunter

The moonlit sky
Hanging high in the night
Makes me how loud
So everyone can hear
In fright and in fear.
I run fast on four legs
Tearing through the dark forest
My claws corrupt the eart
And I leave prints behind

Animals cower in the shadows
Scared for me to attack
While I creep for them

I'm the creature of the night
No one can stop me
No one can hunt me
I'm the only one who should hunt
And I will as I please
Don't stop me
Or you will die as all the others

(Inspiration: I was reading a book called Blood and Chocolate.)

Miss Ember
09-13-2010, 01:03 AM
Arianna Jacobson
(Elandanai - Arrowbreeze)

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af102/chewbaccabear/tenderness_by_Himmlich.jpg?t=1284339677
elf ears (http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/011/6/3/elf_by_Himmlich.jpg)
copper/golden eyes. (http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo197/Jazzy_Jaz_01/gold-eye.jpg)
wings (http://www.the-avariel.com/joomla/images/stories/avariel/gencon2005_avariel_elf.jpg)
Wings are unbound against her body, they spread widely to a couple feet. Arianna wears tan and dark brown baggy peasant clothes so it is easier to hide her wings.

Race:
Avariel/Sun Faery (Doesn't know yet.)

Sexuality:
Straight

Weapons/Strengths:
Glass hair clip (http://cosmetic-candy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/hair-clip-1.jpg) that transforms into a bow with no string. Is able to produce bright yellow arrows from her hands when she imagines to pull back an arrow. She had the hair clip on her since birth.

Weaknesses:
Dark magic, close combat, physical combat.

Personality:
Reserved and careful of her surroundings and loves to be in the open air and if she is inside for some time, she gets claustrophobic. When she gets to know a person, Arianna becomes quite nice but will never turn her back on any person.

History:
Crying loudly when she was a baby, Arianna was found by an elder women who nutured her into childhood and early teenager years. The woman was named Jona Jacobson and was 46 when she died. She was raised to having her feathered wings strapped at her back so everyone thought she was a human. But having the house to herself, she was forced to travel and was picked up by a caring soldier who was mesmerized by her odd eyes. Attempting to train her to defend herself since she was 18, Arianna learned how to use a bow for she failed at close combat with swords. But as a battle near the village came, the soldier who took care of her, died in the fight and so Arianna traveled again. From then on, Arianna could live by herself and didn't let anyone get close to her. Even in the 200+ years she had lived, she was careful not to get close to human preserves and stayed in the Elvin land north of the Human Kingdom. When Arianna was in her double digits, she had wavy midnight black hair, but now it has turned silvery white and bone straight. But ever since now, she has been getting dreams of a mysterious woman in the darkness wanting her to go to the bottom continent and help her with evil deeds or of the like.

Extra:

A background check on Avariel is here. (http://www.candlekeep.com/library/articles/avariel.htm)

Family Past:

A woman Avariel who was familiar in the village and married fell in love with a male Sun Faerie. Getting pregnant from the Faerie, she was banished and so despised the baby which was inside her and when the woman gave birth, she almost killed Arianna but looked into her eyes and set her down near a human house. Letting her be found and raised for she couldn't look into that Half-Faerie face.

Miss Ember
10-28-2010, 04:17 AM
Re-telling a Myth
The Orphan Boy and the Elk Dogs (http://www.firstpeople.us/FP-Html-Legends/TheOrphanBoyAndTheElkDog-Blackfoot.html)
This is a modern version... I tried my best.

Tall mountains and the lush green hills filled what was of the west side of Washington State. The sky mostly grey and seldom showed a shine followed with the same colored cement to cause a depressing place but the people in this small town were joyful and happy. Monroe was exceptionally upbeat with being next to the mountains so if anyone wanted to retreat in the forest and many things to do in town. A movie theater and a grocery store in the town, it was a family orientated town and many people wanted to raise their children here instead of the city.

High schoolers ran here and there down the street to tan in the rare sun rays and run down hills and into the grass to play sports and watch games at night. All but one girl, Alice Jones; she couldn’t see nothing at all as she was blind. Ever since she was seven years old, a girl spilled bleach on her eyes as a prank and for the little money her parents had, they couldn’t sue that little girl. All Alice could do was learn brail and use speech-to-text on the computer to write things down while her mother navigated her during school. From this, many students teased her and would push her in the halls to bump into walls and also for the lack of style she had. Her mother was conservative and they couldn’t afford brand name clothes so she lacked her own personality.

This story is about her life and how she overcomes her blindness.

---

Alice heard the ruffling of curtains being opened and the warmth of the soft run hitting her bare skin, “Good morning!” Her mother seemed to say cheerfully. She could picture her mother’s sweet smile on her face as she heard tapping as her feet light fully hit the ground to her. The woman helped Alice up so she could get out of bed to only stumble to find where her cane was; Julia grabbed her arm to balance her and reached for her cane.

“Thank you,” Alice seemed to say, her tone desolate and tired from not being able to handle things herself and from just being woken up. “What time is it?” In her mind, she pictured a clock ticking and wondered if it was five or six AM; that she would never know.

“It’s 6:50AM Alice; we have about thirty minutes before you have to head to school.” Her mother informed her, she tried to sound happy but it failed as she was worried about her daughter so much it had grown worry lines in her brows.

“I know when to go mom.” Alice said, her voice almost hissing. She wanted to be her own person and she felt trapped in a black box never to see again and never see the sun shine over her or her mother’s smiling face.

The rest of the morning went quickly as they ate dinner and sat down to hear the television blaring, telling the news and hated whenever the newscaster talked about the weather or something you had to see to be able to understand what they were talking about. When it was time to leave, Julia and Alice Jones went off to school. Monroe High School was bustling with students already with cars packing the parking lot and the screams of girls being hugged by their boyfriends. It agonized Alice to hear all of this and they parked the car in the staff area as they were “special”. Carefully getting out, they went inside the gigantic building to be teased for another day. Usually it was the girls who stared and would talk loudly to make Alice hear their comments of her choice of clothing and how she would stumble when they needed to turn a corner. The whole time she would have her face impersonal and could feel the eyes on her and her life caving in on her each day. She felt she needed to be gone and just stay in her house to starve to death as she was not worthy to go to school.

Miss Ember
10-28-2010, 04:19 AM
The classes were the same with her mother whispering in her ear and the scraping of a pencil carving the paper to make words she would never see and the teacher occasionally talking to her, making her feel she was still in daycare. By the end of the day, Alice let a big sigh of relief to leave the place and back into her home for her mother to do her homework for her since she was a “helper” in her terms. Alice just sat in her room and eventually fell asleep with two ear plugs in each ear, blaring the music.

---

A normal day it seemed to be for Alice as now they had Spring Break upon them, but it was entirely different than that as this day would change her life entirely, “I have big news Alice.” Her mother was holding her hands; she knew her famous smile was on her face looking into her dead eyes, “We are finally able to do surgery to get your vision back.”

The daughter didn’t know what to do, her heart seemed to skip a beat and her tongue went dry as a tear went down her cheek. So long has she been blind and see nothing but darkness but there was a slim chance to get her vision back, even at 10% would be fine as long as she could see herself in the mirror. “Really?” She seemed to stutter and her body started to shiver from the excitement.

“Yes! The insurance is able to handle this and a doctor agreed to do it for half the price.” The mother was also ecstatic as they didn’t have the money for much and when she saw Alice’s expression, she wrapped her petite arms around her to hold her close, “You’ll be able to see again,” Her voice also seemed to shiver and her hug seemed to tighten as she felt a hot drop of water on her back. Her mother was also crying; they sat there sobbing into each other’s arms.

---

Quickly after, they drove to the Doctors and underwent the surgery. It took many hours and Julia sat outside anxious for her daughter and worried if also it would ruin her eyes even more but put that thought aside. But a doctor came out a told her that her daughter was done and it was a hopeful success as they would need to wait till Alice opened her eyes. Julia stood up and walked quickly inside the room to see her lying there still in a deep sleep from the surgery with a white bondage over her eyes, faint blood seeping in through the cloth. She sat next to her daughter and interlocked their fingers and waited for her to wake up.

---

Alice stayed asleep for only about thirty minutes more before her head started to loll to one side and her mouth making a word, “Hello?” It was a soft whisper and she felt her hand tight in another’s and knew it had to be her mother. “Did it work?” Her lips seemed to be something of its own as her mind was slower and didn’t know what she said until she remembered about her surgery. The hope of seeing again was making her smile and her grip tightened.

“We don’t know yet, you have to wear that for a couple hours; go to sleep Alice.” Her mother crooned and petted her hair. Alice then went back to sleep.

---

Her dreams were filled with sunlight and running down the park like she did when she was younger, being able to play hopscotch and go on the swings. Letting her hair whip in her face and a broad smile to scream out to her mother playfully, but the bright images went away and into darkness as she heard the doctor saying, “It’s time Alice.” Her senses went alert as a rough hand went to the bondage covering her eyes and started to unravel the cloth. After that, her eyes were still closed from not being able to see, “You can open them now, you might feel dizzy from the light, but they are dimmed down.” He said, and then Alice slowly opened her eyes to see a blur but the light flooded into her vision and saw two figures in front of her.

The vision was miraculous as she actually saw something for once, and saw a woman who seemed to look like her mother. Her blonde hair long but thin going right above her breasts and her face had wrinkles and lines that shouldn’t even exist for her age but from the stress of having such a child, they appeared. Her body seemed to give out on her as she wore baggy clothes, and her hand seemed to still clutch on hers, “Can you see Alice?” Her voice was strained but filled with hope.

“Yes,” Alice said, her lips turning into a curl.

Miss Ember
10-28-2010, 04:20 AM
---

Throughout the next couple days, Alice looked into her mirror and saw herself for the first time in years. Her hair was up to her shoulders but frizzed from not knowing how to care for herself and her face not plucked or cared for as her eyebrows seemed to hairy and pimples everywhere. She was a complete mess in her eyes and cried.

After that moment, she looked in magazines at the models and what fashion was and knew she needed to go shopping. Begging her mother for a couple minutes, she said yes and on the first day went to get facial cream and a haircut.

Four days later they went shopping and got several clothes and the next four days, it was time for school and when she arrived, everyone stared at her, gasping at who she was as she was fashionable and everyone thought she was a foreign student. By the first class, the teacher was amazed it was Alice Jones instead of a transfer student and news spread wide about her change. But everyone still couldn’t believe this and kept their distance. Alice knew she needed to do something drastic to change their thoughts.

Later, a prom was scheduled the next week which was the last dance until school went out and Alice finally knew what she had to do to become liked. Win the crown and surely people would talk to her. People already were, but were not as happy as they would be if they were with other friends. Signing up for it, the girl’s names were listed on the wall and everyone laughed at how Alice signed up for it. Sighing, she knew now they wouldn’t let her win but at that night, she wore a simple dark green dress that went below her knees with her hair curled. Throughout the whole thing, she actually had a date from the boy who sat behind her in her first class.

While they were both at the dance, the music was loud with the latest music and teenagers were having a blast until the lights turned over to the stage to show the principal with a card in her hand, “Surprise everyone? The results are in!” All the students clapped their hands and cheered, “In third place is… Janie Cherie.” A girl ran towards the stage to get a small certificate, her smile seemed happy but she wanted to be in first place for sure. “Second place is…. Marianne Khris.” Everyone seemed shock by this; Marianne was the most popular girl in the school and obviously the prettiest. The girl walked slowly onto the stage and claimed a small rose and a certificate. The next words stunned everyone, “First place is…. Alice Jones!” Everyone gasped by this and looked at Alice for even she was completely shocked. She knew this was going to be futile but slowly left her date to go onto the stage and claim her crown, a bouquet of flowers and a certificate.

This changed her life for she was accepted by the students of the school and became popular with friends and shaped her future into something differently.