PDA

View Full Version : The Guardians of the Shadows [M] NnightStalker and Tortesstheshark

Pages : [1] 2 3

NnightStalker
02-07-2015, 06:35 AM
This Roleplay is Rated Mature. Since the staff don't like me saying "For Mature Stuff" I have to say, because there is a whole lot of shit that is going to fly... Like Literally, flying monkey's are gonna go around and throw shit. Things like cuss words, explicit scenes, blood, gore, violence, and a hell of a lot of other things that are only deemed for Mature people..... damn those monkeys!

The world also called, Aeryllion, has 4 kingdoms on it that take up most of the continent except for where the mountain range called the Mountains of Death, a place that even dwarves dare not go. The 4 kingdoms are ruled by 4 different races, The Humans, The Elves, The Dwarves, and The Mer. There is one more group that is not a kingdom called The Guardians of the Shadows. To the people of the world they are an ancient order in the world that is responsible for keeping peace between the four nations. However this mystical group is actually tasked with the responsibility of keeping Aeryllion safe from the void. The void is a place that no living thing has ever been. In it reside the void creatures, horrors so scary, that they are believed to be myths so old that they are even starting to be forgotten by those who don't fight them. The battle between the Void and the Guardians are that of a constant tidal locked battle. If one side wins on one front the other sides wins on another front, both staying equally in the same amount of power. Currently the only known Void Portal, resides in the Mountains of Death. Of course to the 4 factions, the mountain range earned it's name because of the huge amount of accidents that happen to people there.

Kingdoms:
Razadorm ~ Dwarves
Eternal Light ~ Elves
Elrath ~ Humans
Hidden Sands ~ Mer

Significant places:
Razadorm ~ Dwarven Capital
Yelrouth ~ Elven Capital
Forgotten Shadows ~ Mer Capital
Berylious ~ Human Capital
Shadow Fortress ~ Guardian Stronghold

**Mer are a humanoid/animal. They are either Humanoid Fish, Humanoid Cat, Humanoid Wolf, or Humanoid Bird.**

Rylouth looked at the gates of Berylious, though it had only been sixth months since his last round of recruitment, he had received word from a contact on the inside that they would be starting their training today in order to decide on who to accept into the guard for the cities of Elrath. His contact had also sent word that one of the recruits who were going into it, might be of Guardian material. Because of this Rylouth sent word back to let the Knight Commander know that Rylouth would be coming to possibly pick someone from the new batch of recruits to take back to the Shadow Fortress.

As he walked through the streets, he was surprised to see how different it looked in the winter. The place had snow everywhere, and ever since about twenty miles back it had been snowing constantly. It would either be lightly or heavily, but no matter it was still snowing. Though here, it appeared to be snowing real lightly. Though with how much snow there was, it must have had heavy snow the night before, because he could feel the crunch of about three or four inches of snow under his boots as he walked. Rylouth thought about how he should have packed more warm clothes. Normally, he could just use his magick to warm himself up however he didn't want to alarm anyone or let anyone here know who he was into he was already in the palace.

For while most people treated the guardians with respect. It was slowly growing in numbers, the amount of people who thought that the guardians were useless. They they shouldn't be allowed to take their children, only to get them killed chasing fairy tales.

tortesstheshark
02-07-2015, 07:05 AM
Kayden was in her room finishing up binding her chest to make sure she looked the part of a boy. Girls weren't normally allowed to be knights or even try out, she had only seen two knights that were women and they had done exactly was Kayden was doing now. She threw on her pants and a loose white blouse, the only two ways to tell that she was a girl was if one were to look close enough at her face, or if one were to hear her voice. Kayden's gran called to her that it was time to go and Kayden rushed downstairs, gave her gran a kiss on the cheek, and left.

Kayden's thin shoes made her feet cold as she ran through the snow that had fallen the night before. She ran quickly as the grounds she had to go to was 3 miles away and she had left late. Her shoulder length red hair was tied back so that it wouldn't be in her face. She arrived at the gates and quickly got in line with the other recruits. The one she was standing next to looked at her hard and smirked, "you're not supposed to be here," he whispered. Kayden glared at him hard, "you will not tell anyone or I'll skin you alive." She whispered back.

NnightStalker
02-07-2015, 07:43 AM
Rylouth walked through the second gates now that led up to the royal court yard of the castle of the city. He looked around and spotted the Knight Commander and waited for him to give the signal before heading over there.

The knight commander looked at the new recruits that had been sent in. "Good day, recruits! Today you'll do several exorcises to see whether or not you are fit enough to be recruited into the Guard. Not only that, today will be the lucky day for one of you. We have a special guest, his name is Rylouth, and he is a recruiter for the Guardians of the Shadows. If he picks you, you will travel with him to the Shadow Fortress, this doesn't mean that he will be your mentor. After all they only have one recruiter and that is him and he doesn't have time to train everyone that he takes back to the Shadow Fortress." With that motioned for the Rylouth to come over and he did. He stood in front of the crowd of recruits. "Hello, you know who I am, and I know who every one of you are. If you try to pass my tests with an tricks, I'll know because I have been doing this job, long before your great, great, great, great, great grandparents were even thought about being born. My tests will seem weird, but they test what I'm looking for. If I don't find anyone here who I think is a right match, then I will choose no one. Do you understand?" Rylouth said with a slight growl. He was going to be tough on the recruits. Most guardian recruits hated him, because he was a very brutal trainer. All of the Guardians though, thought he was one of the nicest people ever. Most recruits once they start taking their final test, realize why he is such an asshole, and so hard on them, and then realize that he is the nicest person ever.

tortesstheshark
02-07-2015, 08:16 AM
Kayden's face was hard as she stared at the Guardian in front of her as she didn't want to give away that she was surprised. If she were to be picked, it would mean everything to her. She decided that she would put forth as much more effort than she ever thought possible, because this one opportunity could mean the rest of her life knowing what was out there. They were moving to a different section of the grounds when the recruit who noticed her pushed her. She caught herself before she hit the ground, standing again she resisted the urge to fight with him and cause a scene that would reveal to everyone that she was indeed a girl. She got back into line without causing much more fuss and resumed her composure quickly. A few other recruits started to stare at her, she ignored them in hopes that the Guardian wouldn't notice. Please, she thought to herself, I want to see the world.

NnightStalker
02-07-2015, 09:33 AM
As he moved with the recruits to the actual training area, he thought about how even though he held respect, some of these recruits would not like him, simply because he was a Mer. In the last century the Mer and Man have been at each other's throats, constantly almost about to declare war. A couple times the only things that stopped them from an all out war, was the Guardians. As he walked he noticed one of the recruits get pushed over, he was kind of hoping that the recruit would punch or push or something to the one that pushed them over, but they didn't. Which was a slight disappointment, but it was also a good thing. Simply because it meant that the recruit has restraint, which was something the tests didn't test for because it was always something that could be taught. Though it was very much better that he wouldn't have to teach it.

Once they reach the new spot of which the ground was covered in sand, both to provide better traction and a softer place to land. They were to begin their tests. "Okay first test, is to stand on foot in the sand, with one arm out, and another arm up. I also want your leg sticking out in front of you. Stay like that for as long as you can, for this is to test balance."

tortesstheshark
02-07-2015, 11:50 AM
Kayden continued on and was curious when they got to the sand. A balance test, she groaned lightly making sure mo one could hear her. She had never been the most coordinated person and balancing, especially in sand, had always proven extremely difficult. She stood on the steadier of her legs and stuck the other one out, as well as putting one of her arms out and the other up. She was a but wobbly, but she had to remain in the running. She took a deep breath and steadied herself, every now and again she would wobble but for the most part she was steady.

Three recruits dropped suddenly, one of them fainted and she was sure that he had locked his leg hoping that would steady him better. The recruit that pushed her however, was still standing. She was irritated that he pushed her and she wished that she could have hit him, but hiding her gender was the most important thing at the moment. She wobbled more as she thought about it, and she had to work very hard to calm herself again. Two more recruits dropped, they all threw sand in defeat as well as trying to punch at it. Her leg started to burn, and she was hoping that it would be over soon.

NnightStalker
02-07-2015, 12:44 PM
Rylouth watched them, as some failed and some succeeded he thought about how he didn't have all day to wait until one finished. He decided that since there was only about four left, he would rank them in his head by who was the most sturdy. "Okay that is enough. Take a one minute break and then we continue on where we left off." For that one minute, Rylouth sat down and meditated, rejuvenating his energies. After the one minute was over he stood back up. "Okay time for the second test. I'm going to shoot a arrow, and then cast a spell on it when it hit's it's peak. From there it will split into hundreds of ghost arrows. These will not hurt you, but they will leave marks on wherever they hit you in order to show me where you were hit, I want you to dodge if not all of them, then as much as them as you can. Ready? Go."

With that Rylouth summoned a ghostly bow that was purplish and shot an arrow high into the sky. He then turned the bow into air and summoned to purple fire balls in his hands and threw them upward hitting the arrow. From there it split into hundreds of arrows to come raining down. As he watched the people who were more then likely about to get hit by arrows, he noticed something peculiar. One of them was a girl. He was thought about this and the fact that she must have had brave guts to try this. Not only that but it clicked in his mind why she didn't fight back the recruit who knocked her down. It was to keep her identity which was smart. So not only did she have restraint, she was also smart about it too.

tortesstheshark
02-07-2015, 12:56 PM
Kayden was happy when Rylouth said that the standing on one leg portion was over. She put her legs and arms down and balanced her weight for the minute in order to get the feeling back into both of them properly. For her one minute break that's mostly all she did, the other part consisted of looking around to see how many of the recruits had noticed she was not a boy, and how many of the recruits that fell got up on their own or had to have help up by other recruits.

Dodging arrows was the next test. She was particularly good at dodging small things because she was fairly small herself. This didn't mean that she wasn't strong, just that she was nimble and had faster reflexes. The arrow flew into the air and then split into many arrows, as she was dodging them the recruit that had pushed her earlier pushed her again. An arrow was coming straight toward her face and he was keeping her under it. She moved to the other side only being struck in the arm and she growled at him. The disappointed look on his face gave away to most of the recruits that he was willing to do anything to get in, this made most of them stand away from him when the arrows finished raining down. Kayden stood not close enough to touch him, but a lot closer than most of the other recruits.

NnightStalker
02-07-2015, 01:04 PM
Rylouth watched the recruits dance and weave as they tried to dodge the arrows. He also watched as the troublesome boy pushed the girl around making her get hit by at least an arrow, which to Rylouth was only pissing him off. After all who knows whether she would have got hit on her own or not. Now he would never know because the boy messed up the test. That was an auto disqualify for the boy and even shook his head in disgust at the thought of that guy getting into the guardians. "Now that this test is over you get another break. Your break though will only last as long as it takes me to talk between two people in order to make sure that they're not going to mess up any more of my tests." Rylouth then looked to the guy and the girl and pointed to the two of them. "You two, come with me." With that Rylouth walked away from the recruits so that their discussion would be out of ear shot.

As he waited for the recruits to get to him he sat down meditating and patted the ground in front of him, hoping that they would take the hint and sit down too. As he waited, he calmed his thoughts down because the only way to keep his magick in check was by being calm. Emotions could lead to accidental use of magick if one was not careful. Granted Rylouth had master magick and would not ever accidentally use a spell. However he would prefer from having to resort to saying that he accidentally used a spell, just to make sure that the Guardians were still respected.

tortesstheshark
02-07-2015, 01:13 PM
Kayden cursed under her breath and she glared at the boy before heading over to where Rylouth was sitting. As she sat down in front of him the boy sat a little too close to her and she growled at him again. He scooted away slightly as Kayden's green eyes darkened, and they both looked at Rylouth. The boy sat there and glared at Kayden before turning to Rylouth, "this.. girl," he spat in Kayden's direction. "Should not be here." It took all of Kayden's will power not to strangle the boy, but she did not say a word. She silently refused to say anything, though if she was sent home because of this boy if she ever saw him again she would beat him until every inch of him was purple. She realized that she was shaking and she clenched her fists in her lap hoping to avoid the fight she felt was going to happen.

NnightStalker
02-07-2015, 01:23 PM
Rylouth closed his eyes and when he reopened them, they were a deep shade of purple. He stood up. " She is indeed a girl and she is a better warrior than any of these damn recruits. Hell she is better than the knight commander and you know why? Because she has potential to be a damn guardian. You on the other hand. Well due to your interference in a test that is considered one of the most honorable things to get to take, dishonor on you, dishonor on your cow, dishonor on your whole damn family. Until the day I die, no one with direct relation to you can ever be a guardian. Now leave me and inform the knight commander that I choose this 'girl' to be the next guardian out of the whole lot." With that Rylouth sat back down, anger radiating off of him as his eyes were still purple, teeming with shadow magick.

tortesstheshark
02-07-2015, 05:37 PM
Kayden and the boy sat wide eyed at Rylouth for a moment taking in everything that he had just said. The boy tried to protest but gave up mid word remembering the frightening purple eyes from the Guardian. He stood, spat in Kayden's direction once more, and walked over to the knight commander. "You're Guardian has chosen," he said and pointed over to where Kayden sat, "the new Guardian recruit is that... girl." His voice had a fire in it that made everyone aware that he was angry. He stormed off out of the gates, and after he was out of sight was caught by a wrenching sob that stopped him

The recruits were slowly starting to gather around where Kayden and Rylouth sat, most in awe that he had chosen her without getting to the last test. Kayden was unsure of what to do at this point so she stood and stretched her legs, when she was finished she sat back down and let her unruly red hair out of its tie. She shook her head to make sure that it was all even around her face one eye hidden behind some of it, the other could be seen perfectly. She continued to stay silent unsure of what to say, she had never heard of a woman in the Guardians but she was also sure that she wasn't the first.

NnightStalker
02-07-2015, 11:13 PM
Rylouth stands up and looks at the new recruit. "Tomorrow morning we shall leave at first light to begin our journey to the Shadow Fortress. I would suggest going home and saying you're goodbyes, for they may be the last time you ever see your family. When you are done, you may either stay there or come to the castle and stay in the embassy that is built for the Guardians. Just know that I am leaving with or without you tomorrow morning as soon as the sun peaks over the horizon." With that Rylouth bowed and left heading for the embassy to go meditate and think. After that he would probably cast a communication spell in order to communicate with the Guardians at the Fortress in order to determine who would be her teacher.

tortesstheshark
02-08-2015, 04:01 AM
Kayden simply nodded unsure of what else to do, she started to walk towards the gate. Soon after she got out of the gate she started to run, she ran faster and faster until she was finally home. She burst through the door to find her gran sitting in a rocking chair facing away from Kayden. "How did it go?" Her gran asked quietly. As Kayden came around to look at her gran to see her sewing something strange. "What is that Gran?" Kayden picked up an end of it as she spoke and her gran laughed, "it's going to be an outfit for the neighbors child. She's having a boy you know. Now tell me girl, are you a knight?" "Even better Gran," Kayden said excitedly, "I'm going to be trained by the Guardians themselves." Kayden's gran stopped knitting quickly and looked up amazed. "The Guardians," she whispered tentatively, "they're a myth and legend all in one." Kayden's gran stood feebly and hugged her gran daughter tightly. "This means we may never see each other again young one, but I am very proud of you. I will always be proud of you."

NnightStalker
02-08-2015, 04:18 AM
Calvin had been waiting for Kayden to get home, he knew that she was going to try out to be a knight today and he had faith that she would get picked. When he saw her get home, she could see that she was excited. He walked to the door and just walked into the house which was normal between the two families since Kayden and Calvin had been friends for so long. "Kayden! Did you succeed? Do you get to be a knight?!" He asked excitedly, he had plan to ask her out as a way to celebrate her being chosen to become a knight. After all even though they had been friends for a long time, Calvin has liked her for just about as long as he has known her. Some would call it love at first sight and Calvin definitely agreed with those people.

tortesstheshark
02-08-2015, 04:27 AM
Kayden turned from her hug with her gran to see her friend Calvin standing there. She hurried over to him and hugged him tightly, "I'm a guardian recruit Calvin," she said excitedly. "I leave tomorrow at dawn to travel and be trained. Wait right here I have to go pack," she let him go and ran upstairs. She grabbed a backpack that she had been saving for something like this. It was the one her father used to take on his long trips to only he knew where. She treasured that backpack almost more than her own mother, though her mother had been no where in sight when Kayden came home. It was normal for her mother to be wandering around the house with an expressionless face, but she wanted to say goodbye to her anyway. Kayden sat on her makeshift bed when it finally hit her that she may not return to her home, see her gran again, or her mother. She looked out her window to see Calvins house next to hers, "or Calvin," she whispered to herself. Kayden quickly became upset but didn't show it as she walked back down the steps.

NnightStalker
02-08-2015, 05:07 AM
Calvin saw her come back down stairs and he was personally completely deflated. After all he himself didn't really like the Guardians, it was supposed to be a big honor and what not. But the people that were selected never came back and most of the time were never seen or even heard of again. Kind of as if they died, and he personally didn't want to think that about Kayden. His only thought was maybe if he asked her out, she would decide to stay and be trained as a knight instead. However he knew his chances of this were pretty slim since she probably had no interest in him at all. At least not like he did, he could imagine spending the rest of his life with her and well he wanted too.

tortesstheshark
02-08-2015, 05:12 AM
Kayden stopped in between Calvin and her gran. "Gran," Kayden asked, "where is mother?" Her gran pointed to the kitchen where if one were to listen close enough crying could be heard. Kayden sighed, "mother," she called, "come give me a kiss goodbye." Kayden's mother walked in with a tear streaked face and a dress that looked like it hadn't been washed in days. Kayden sighed as her mother kissed her on the cheek and walked out of the small house. A tear ran down Kayden's face and she turned to Calvin, "don't look so sad Calvin," she whispered and placed a hand on his cheek. "It's a great honor, and I get to keep my promise." Calvin was the only one she had told about the promise she had made to her father, it was their secret as he was the only one she trusted with it.

NnightStalker
02-08-2015, 05:55 AM
"What kind of honor is it though to be taken away from your loved ones only to be trained to keep the peace. Especially when your country is the strongest country out there. I mean they're the ones that stopped us from getting twice as big. We could have taken over the mers but the guardians stopped us. Besides what do you think you're going to get out of becoming a guardian?" He asked looking at her seriously wondering why she was even considering being a guardian in the first place.

tortesstheshark
02-08-2015, 07:32 AM
Kayden looked at Calvin hard, "what am I going to get out of being a Guardian? Oh I don't know, the highest honor, what I really thought I was going to get was respect from my peers but that thought has all but disappeared from my mind." Kayden pushed past Calvin angrily and stood in the doorway. "It's nice to know that my best friend in the entire existence doesn't support my decision," she practically spat. With that she walked out the door, determined to make it to the embassy before nightfall. She didn't realize she was singing until she saw people start to follow her, and then she stopped until she was clear of people. Once she started singing again it helped her calm down exceedingly fast, "slowly but surely papa, slowly but surely," she whispered to herself.

NnightStalker
02-08-2015, 08:25 AM
"I love you." Calvin yelled out to Kayden, but he very much doubted that she heard him. So he decided to catch up with her, of which he caught of fairly quickly and he stepped in front of her in order to force her to stop and talk to him. "Kayden, you do have my respect... it's just..... I love you." He said again to her, panting, but knowing that at least this time she heard him. "I just... don't want you.... to leave..." He said still panting.

tortesstheshark
02-08-2015, 08:29 AM
Kayden sighed heavily, "then you should have thought about that before you angered me." She looked at the ground her green eyes had grown darker, "you should have thought about that before..." She sighed again, "before I walked out that door forever. I'm leaving tomorrow and I'm staying at the embassy tonight, no amount of you running after me will change that so go home." She walked around him, angry tears running down her face.

NnightStalker
02-08-2015, 09:12 AM
Calvin just walked her walk away from him, it was then that he decided that if she was to choose being a guardian over staying here, being a knight, and being with him, that he was going to show her why she should have stayed. As for the guardians.... Well he was going to make them pay for ever taking her away from him and the life that they could have had. Calvin went home and started working on the long term plan.

Rylouth was sitting in the embassy for the Guardians. In front of him was a big fire ball floating in mid air. It was both the normal color of fire but also the ghostly color of purple as well as a mix of the demonic green. Inside the ball of fire was something that only the Guardians knew about it. Inside of it was a fragmentation piece from the last void portal they used. Only guardians could see it and only Rylouth knew it was there. All of the senior members of the order had a fragmentation and they used it with this spell in order to track strength and weaknesses in the world. If they ever found a weakness, they would dispatch a unit of their strongest guardians over to strengthen the barrier between the void and the world. For if the barrier were to ever weaken in a spot, a new portal would open.

tortesstheshark
02-08-2015, 05:18 PM
Kayden kicked the snow in frustration, she had known that Calvin loved her and she would have stayed if he had spoken up before she went to try out for the knights. She had waited for him to tell her for a long time, but now that he told her it only made her angry. He was her best friend, he was supposed to support her in every decision not shut down yet choice of being a Guardian. There were plenty of cute girls he could may and grow old with. She sighed at the thought and sat in the snow for a while, thinking about everything that had just happened. She wanted to turn back and apologize but she didn't have time, the darkness was approaching fast so she got up and ran the rest of the way to the embassy.

NnightStalker
02-09-2015, 12:57 AM
Rylouth could sense that someone was coming and he closed the fireball and let the fragment drop to the ground. He stood up and walked over to it picking it up from the ground and putting it into a pouch that was on his chest. He walked over to the kitchen and grabbed some dragon fruit from the basket and took it out. He was amazed at why people called it a dragon fruit, after all it didn't look anything like a dragon. He should know too, for he had fought a very particular dragon from the void. However he took out a machete and chopped the dragon fruit in half and start eating the fruit out of it, kind of like it was a bowl.

tortesstheshark
02-09-2015, 01:01 AM
Kayden came to the embassy gates a little after dark. She was cold, shivering, wet, and had no idea where she was supposed to go. She started asking, but no one would believe that she was a Guardian recruit, no one believed a young girl like her would receive such a high honor. She soon gave up her search and sat down on a bench with her pack next to her, as she looked around she shivered and tried to wrap her arms around herself but it only seemed to make her colder. The snow outside was blowing with a fury like she had never seen before, and she didn't know why.

NnightStalker
02-09-2015, 01:36 AM
Rylouth stayed in the embassy as the person he felt coming had come in. It was his contact, also known as his last apprentice. She was his apprentice during the last void war and shortly after the end of the war, he made her a full guardian. She was sent here for a few hundred years to be a contact as her first mission. As she walked in she shook the snow off of her and walked over to her former mentor bowing. "Master, how good to see you again. I see you have picked the young girl that I suggested?" Rylouth looked at her and waved away the bowing. "There is no reason to bow, you are a full time guardian now. As for picking the young girl? Well I wasn't sure at first however she held herself up well. She kind of reminded me a bit of you Christina." Christina smiled and walked over to him, "Hopefully not to much like me, I seem to remember us having a few fun times together while I was apprenticed to you." Christina said smiling at him. "I hope that this time away from you has not changed anything."

tortesstheshark
02-09-2015, 01:47 AM
Kayden smiled at a man who looked about her age walking past and he stopped mid step. "Now what is a cute girl like you doing in an embassy, in pants no less?" He asked his voice light and airy. She looked down, "I'm actually looking for the Guardian that's staying here, I'm his recruit." Her voice was small, she was tired and still shivering. He sat down next to her and smiled sweetly, "well I know where he is, but first you look like you need to warm up, you're soaked to the bone." He frowned deeply and took off his jacket. Kayden took it gratefully and put it on immediately feeling the warmth it carried. "That's very kind of you sir," Kayden said yawning. "Oh no," he laughed, "don't call me sir I hate that. My name is Dakota, and what would your name be?" His voice was kind and Kayden finally took a look at him. He had deep blue eyes that reminded her of clear blue ocean, and hair that was as black as a raven's wing. She stuttered a but before getting out her words, "my name is Kayden." Dakota looked at her and smiled more, "well its very nice to meet you Kayden."

NnightStalker
02-09-2015, 02:27 AM
"Time is a powerful master, but we do live forever and you know that means that we often take more than one mate. However yes Christina, I still consider you one of them. Though I do not have time for catching up, I need to make sure my energy stays up since I am departing in the morning for the Shadow Fortress." Christina stood next to him grabbing his hand. "Ahh leaving so soon? I would have thought you would have liked to at least see me some first." She said pouting slightly but playfully. "Well If I had known that you were the contact here, maybe I would have stayed longer. However even so, do not fret, You should be done with the first assignment soon. If I remember correctly, this is your last year, is it not?" Christina seemed to brighten up at that thought. "Indeed it was, and when I return to the Shadow Fortress, I look forward to see you again." With that Christina left him and went to the bedroom that they would be sharing and went to sleep.

((Christina http://www.wallconvert.com/wallpapers/fantasy/elf-girl-7607.html))

tortesstheshark
02-09-2015, 02:44 AM
"Well you look fairly warm now Ms. Kayden," Dakota said as Kayden started to doze off. "oh," she whispered feeling a little drool on her chin, "I'm sorry, I'm very tired and I had a fight with my best friend before I left which was utterly exhausting." Kayden paused and shook her head, "I'm sorry," she said quietly, "I'm rambling." Dakota chuckled and placed a hand on her shoulder, "that's alright," he smiled, "I like it when you ramble." Kayden found herself blushing deeply, "uhm, could you take me to the Guardian please?" Dakota frowned again and nodded, "of course," he said almost defeated. "I have a feeling we"ll be seeing each other again though. If you would like you can keep my jacket for the journey, I have more than enough to keep me warm." He got up and led Kayden to where Rylouth was staying.

NnightStalker
02-09-2015, 02:51 AM
Rylouth looked at the door and saw Kayden enter as well as some stranger. "Ah good, I see you found your way. Have you said goodbye to everyone, this may be your last chance." He then looked to the stranger. "As for you, thank you for showing this youngling here. I guess younglings should stick together though. Though I would have preferred if she found her own way here, though I guess since she has yet to start her training, it can be excused for now. You may leave." He said to the stranger. He then looked to the other half of the dragon fruit and picked it up and held it out for Kayden. "Dragon fruit? They're rather delicious, though I always find myself curious as to why they're named after a dragon, even though they look nothing like a dragon. Whichever idiot came up with that, deserves to be tormented. Or to at least to get to meet a dragon in person."

tortesstheshark
02-09-2015, 03:05 AM
Dakota bowed and left reluctantly, though he winked at Kayden before walking out the door. She still had his jacket on which made her slightly uncomfortable. She took the other half of the dragon fruit and sat on the ground cross-legged, sitting on the ground was normal for her as the only chair she had in the house was her Gran's rocking chair. "I said goodbye to everyone yes, though one was determined for me to stay. I don't know what he'll do now. Anger flared in her heart as she remembered the fight but she kept a calm look on her face. "I'm sorry it took me so long," She said quietly, "how are we getting to where we are going tomorrow? Will we walk or are there horses?" she took a bite of the dragon fruit and smiled, "I think they are named dragon fruit because if you look at them from the right angle it looks like a fireball."

NnightStalker
02-09-2015, 03:30 AM
"Then they should be called fireball fruit not dragon fruit. As for how we are going to get there, well we're going to take horses to the Shadow Fortress, easiest and the quickest way there." He went over to the fire and sat down in one of the luxurious chairs. "I hope you're really ready for this. There is a huge chance that you will die before even becoming a guardian. Then there is the chance that in the final test you will die. Though if you fail the final test you will still be known as a guardian.... just a dead guardian."

tortesstheshark
02-09-2015, 03:36 AM
Kayden shuddered a bit before looking at Rylouth with determination in her eyes. "I made a promise to someone a while back," she said quietly, "if I die then I have still kept it, and if I do make it there is a chance that they will appear again." Her eyes glossed over as she remembered the look on her fathers face when she made him the promise. "They went to be a knight, but they never returned home. I assume this is what happened to them, if not, then they have lied to me." She closed her eyes and shook her head, when she opened them again they were their normal bright green. "I'm sorry sir, I have a terrible habit of rambling."

NnightStalker
02-09-2015, 03:42 AM
"Apology accepted. Now who is this person to you. I'm assuming it's a family member? What is your last name?" He asked since he knew most of the guardians and their apprentices. He thought back to the days of when he was an apprentice and how awe fully long ago that was. That was one thing about being a guardian, you live forever. Some thought of it as both a curse and a gift, but he only thought of it as a gift since he loved living forever.

tortesstheshark
02-09-2015, 03:49 AM
"My father," Kayden whispered, "my last name is Caulder, my mother says he ran off with another woman but he wouldn't just leave me like that.. I hope." She looked at one of the chairs opposite Rylouth's and debated on whether or not to get up and sit in it. She got up anyway and poked at it before deciding it would be comfortable enough to sit in for now. She curled up in it taking off the jacket Dakota had gave her and using it as a blanket.

NnightStalker
02-09-2015, 05:00 AM
Rylouth looked up, "Ah yes, apprentice Caulder. I remember him well. I believe him and his mentor are up in the mountains watching a very important location. I do remember him talking about a young daughter who was rather boyish. He talks about how he hopes that someday he will become a guardian before his family dies so that he could see them. Hard thing it is, being eternal, only dying from battle or sickness. Age doesn't exist to us at all."

tortesstheshark
02-09-2015, 05:05 AM
"You don't die," Kayden asked amazed, "and he's alive!" Her eyes brightened to an extremely light green. She clapped and smiled wide, "I knew he wouldn't leave me like that." She sat there and thought a moment, "sir?" she asked, "do you think you could give word to him that I am a recruit? He'd be very pleased, and I'd like him to know I fulfilled my promise to him." Her eyes were wide, she wanted to know everything about how he was and where he was but she knew that Rylouth probably wouldn't give her the answer. She stood and found a window to look out, "it's almost dawn sir."

NnightStalker
02-09-2015, 05:20 AM
"Unfortunately I can not send word to him. The mountains that they're in is the Mountains of Death, and the only time we send word there is to reinforce the outpost or when we're sending resources to it. However if we have someone who is heading that way, I'll make sure they take word of there as well. However he needs to focus on his training just like you will need too. Though depending on who you get as your mentor, you may get to go to the mountains of death right away. So that you can learn why the world still has need of us guardians, that is besides keeping the peace." Rylouth said as he stood up.

tortesstheshark
02-09-2015, 05:25 AM
Kayden nodded, "when will we be heading out again?" She asked hesitantly. She wanted to ask someone to send Dakota his jacket back but she loved the feeling of it, as well as it smelled like a combination of a fire and some other smell she couldn't place. She thought it smelled familiar but she quickly let it go. "What do I learn first?" She was curious as to what her training would be like as she had never had any firm odd training in anything besides maybe archery, she didn't count it anyway though because it was her gran that taught her.

NnightStalker
02-09-2015, 06:05 AM
"Soon I must say goodbye to someone first." Almost as if she was called Christina walked out and wrapped her arms around Rylouth "And here I thought I would have to wait until I finished with this mission. How kind of you." Rylouth smiled and they kissed once. Then she let go of him. "Okay let's go, the shadows wait for no one." With that Rylouth walked out, there were already horses outside the doors waiting for them. Rylouth got on one and waited for the recruit.

tortesstheshark
02-09-2015, 06:15 AM
Kayden blushed and looked away when she saw him and the woman kiss, "you're very beautiful," she said before rushing out the door after Rylouth. She got on the horse and patted its neck, "what's its name?" She asked smiling. She loved horses, she was taught to ride when she was little by her father and she had always been extremely calm around them. She leaned against its neck to listen to the calm resonating heartbeat of the beast beneath her, this made her own heart slow to a steady beat.

NnightStalker
02-09-2015, 06:23 AM
"I do not know, my horse is actually waiting for me outside the gates, I would be riding it however he's not allowed in the city. People tend to want to kill him due to his meat, and well the people who have tried in the past have had their heads lost from their bodies. You'll only have that horse as well until we get to the gates where a new much faster horse, one that can keep up with mine, will be waiting for you." With that Rylouth set off, they reached the gates within a few minutes due to the horses and outside the gates where two creatures that kind of look like a cross between a horse and a deer. "Aerlyons. Fastest mount in all the four corners, they come from the Elven homeland though."

((http://images.bluegartr.com/bucket/gallery/d38a4f66e0c5fe3ad499c52fa6f8bbd8.jpg Rylouth's is the white one, yours is the far left one.))

tortesstheshark
02-09-2015, 06:28 AM
Kayden stared at the Aerlyon in front of her in awe. She tried to get off of her horse only she practically fell off, and as she walked over to it her mouth was open. "And does this one have a name?" She asked her voice almost confused. Its colorful coat shone as she slowly approached it, and when she touched it the coat was soft.

NnightStalker
02-09-2015, 06:53 AM
"Up to you. You can name her, though I do not suggest of it right now, seeing as how we have a long ways to go." With that Rylouth switched mounts and was already ready to head off. Once the recruit was on her mount they set off as they started traveling to the Shadow Fortress.

tortesstheshark
02-09-2015, 07:00 AM
Kayden cautiously got on her mount and found a comfortable spot, once she was on she put Dakota's jacket back on and then leaned against the neck of her Aerlyon to listen to its heartbeat. It was going slightly faster than the horses that she had been riding on, but now their hearts were in time, "I'm ready."

NnightStalker
02-09-2015, 07:39 AM
With that they had set off on the long journey to the bay of eternal currents, it was a bay between the southern countries of the elves and humans that connected to the southern ocean. It took them approximately a week to get there even, with faster mounts. They had to leave the human lands and travel through the lands of the Mer all the way down to the land of the elves. From there they went to a small town that was on the bay and took a small boat that was used by the Guardians in order to ferry supplies from their large island to the continent around them.

Rylouth sat on the deck of the ship, as he opened his eyes in the evening sun he knew that they were there. He stood up and went to the front of the ship and as the mist cleared from around them they could see the port of the Shadow Fortress. It had several ships of it's own, all of them larger than any ship in any other fleet of the other nations. Besides the port and the ships, you could see the high walls of the Guardians, of which it appeared to be made out of a material that was only found there on the island and no where else. It was all very beautiful and it would be soon that they would dock in the ports.

((Shadow Fortress http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/168/0/2/fantasy_castle_by_jbrown67-d7mu200.jpg ))

tortesstheshark
02-09-2015, 07:46 AM
The journey on the mounts took much longer than she would have liked, and her head was spinning from the ride on the ship. Kayden looked out at the shadow fortress and smiled, she was finally here. Not much surprised her as on the journey she had seem many things that she had never seen before. She took a whiff of Dakota's coat which was beginning to smell more like sweat than anything, she had grown fond of it, one of the only gifts she had ever been given in her life and she had come to like it. She hoped that she would see him again at some point but she didn't know if she would. She stepped next to Rylouth and studied the walls of the shadow fortress from her vantage point. "What is that material called sir?" She asked breaking the silence between them.

NnightStalker
02-09-2015, 10:39 AM
"Void metal. It only naturally occurs here due to the weakness between the void and our world. Of course you have no idea what the void is, but all of your questions will be answered soon enough by the Guardian Council. Though a few things, when we dock you should know that we accept both women and men quite equally, and we have right around an equal amount of them. We have guardians ranging in all ages from their mid-twenties to tens of thousands of years old. The council is comprised of three men guardians and three women guardians and then one elder guardian of either sex. They're going to give you the basic rules here. Then they're going to call in the guardians who don't have apprentices, and they will pick your mentor. From there your mentor will decide whether or not you get to know the real job of a guardian or not. We can technically train you without telling you why and then tell you last. Some well tell you first and others.... well others like me will show you first. If you get me or one like me, be warned, we have the highest death ratio among apprentices, however at the same time the guardians that we train tend to be the best and live the longest. So if you want to stay alive, pray you get one who wants to train you first. Though if you really want to live, pray you get me or someone like me." With that the boat docked and Rylouth walked down onto the dock. "Come recruit, now it is time to go to the council."

tortesstheshark
02-09-2015, 03:56 PM
"I would rather have the chance of dying sooner rather than not learning until it's too late." Kayden said as she followed him off of the ship. She followed him closely taking in everything that she could in the sorry time that they were walking. "How many eighteen year old's are there?" Kayden asked curiously, "as well I would much rather have you than someone new. You seem nice, and you also seem like you would push me pay my limits more than anyone." She pulled Dakota's jacket closer.

NnightStalker
02-09-2015, 10:45 PM
"Heh, nice, trust me if you get me as your mentor, you won't think i'm nice. You'll think that what we're fighting is nicer than me. As for how many, well none currently. Though we have had younger and eighteen is right around are recruiting age. Usually we don't recruit until the end of the year. Usually, I'll make a round through the four kingdoms and take one person from each and then bring them back. Whether they were trying to become a knight like you were, or whether they were already one, we take both. Occasionally, we'll get something like you, an anomaly, that's basically when we have found someone who would be good for the guardians, but we wouldn't be able to wait for the recruitment time to come." It would take them about ten minutes to get to the top of the fortress, which was were the council was situated.

tortesstheshark
02-09-2015, 10:57 PM
Kayden looked confused as Rylouth spoke about her being an anomaly, and she tried to think of what she would have done that would have caught their attention. "I don't know how I'm an anomaly sir, I don't even know what I could have done to catch anyone's attention," Kayden's voice reflected how confused she was easily as she was still trying to figure it out, but failing. "The only things I've really done is play fight with that boys in my neighborhood," she realized she was rambling again and shook her head, "sorry sir."

NnightStalker
02-10-2015, 02:02 AM
"We guardians obviously use magick along with our physical skills, we can see things that others can not. We can tell if someone is an anomaly simply by glancing at them on the street. No, you do not need to do anything, except simply be seen." They reached the top and they were just outside the doors to the chamber room. Talking could be heard coming from the inside, Rylouth looked to the recruit "Try not to ramble, they don't have all day." With that he opened up the chamber doors and ushered her inside closing the doors behind her.

The council looked at the young recruit, on the council was three guys and four girls and an almost even mix of of the races. "Welcome recruit." The one in the center said, who was obviously the elder and female. "When we were informed of an anomaly, some of us had expected you to be older. Imagine our pleasant surprise when we found out, you were much much younger. That makes you a lot easier to train. Tell me, why do you want to be a guardian?"

tortesstheshark
02-10-2015, 02:10 AM
Kayden nodded along as Rylouth talked about being able to see things with magic that others couldn't. She was about to respond when she was ushered inside and he told her not to ramble. She looked up at the council wide eyed, looking up at the center one as she was talking. "Why do I want to be a Guardian?" Kayden repeated without thinking and then she snapped back into herself. "Oh my goodness I'm so sorry," she said and then thought for a moment. "It's am extremely high honor ma'am, and I made a promise to someone when I was a young girl that I would do my best to become a Guardian or a knight." She looked around at all of them before speaking again, "I want to protect those I love, if that means war then so be it, if it means dying then I will. I will do whatever it takes to keep them safe." She spoke with confidence, she opened her mouth to speak again but closed it remembering being told not to ramble. She looked at the council members one by one, the one that had spoken to her she guessed was the elder.

NnightStalker
02-10-2015, 02:36 AM
"Well there are a few rules to being a guardian. Do not slay your brothers or sister. Keep the peace between the empires, only make them declare war if you absolutely have to in order to defeat our enemy. Follow the orders of your mentor to the letter, and do not go anywhere without your mentor, unless he tells you too. Respect all guardians as you would respect your god or gods. Do not cause trouble or drama. Do your missions as we assign them to you, not as you want to. Do you follow?"

tortesstheshark
02-10-2015, 02:41 AM
Kayden counted on her fingers the rules the elder told her so it would be easier to remember them. When the elder was finished she looked up and nodded, she understood the rules well as they were almost the same as the rules the boys had given her when they would fight together. She had questions, unsure when or how to ask them she kept silent. She was in the presence of some of the most powerful races in the world, she didn't want to say anything that would make her look stupid.

NnightStalker
02-10-2015, 03:13 AM
"Good we will now bring in the guardians that are able to train due to no longer having an apprentice." The elder motioned to one of the guards by the doors and they opened it. Out came several guardians, a few of each sex for each race from all kinds of different age ranges. This included Rylouth as he came out, some of which he had trained himself. The council talked among themselves, quietly and in hushed tones. They then looked to Rylouth, "Guardian Rylouth, Siege Breaker, Dragon Slayer, Worshiper of the Shadows, you have no apprentice, no? We have chosen you to take the recruit as your new apprentice. Do you accept?"

Rylouth walked forward and bowed to them, "Of course council, I will accept her as my apprentice, and begin training her right away."

tortesstheshark
02-10-2015, 03:32 AM
Kayden looked at all of the Guardians that could be her mentor, and was surprised when they chose Rylouth. As far as she knew, he was the only recruiter she had. When he accepted he was even more surprised, and she looked at him in confusion. She didn't know what to say or do, she just stood there with a stupid look on her face.

NnightStalker
02-10-2015, 06:02 AM
The council looked to each other and then nodded at each other. "Good, then by the powers of the shadows, we grant you the bond of mentor and apprentice. Your bond can not be broken until the moment of when she becomes a full fledged guardian. Tell us, how do you plan to start her training?"

Rylouth smiled and looked at them after shooting a glance at the apprentice. "I plan to take her to Fort Watcher in the mountains, so that she may see, what it is that we truly fight."

The council nodded as if in agreement. "A bold first training session, many of your apprentices have died while up there. Those who have survived though tend to be are stronger guardians. Go then and let's see if she has the will power to resist the temptation of our enemy."

tortesstheshark
02-10-2015, 08:38 AM
Kayden's confused look lessened; the mountains, that's where Rylouth said that her father was. She wondered what temptation the council was talking about, surely people would think about the Guardians before they took anything from the enemy. She guessed that she would learn soon enough what they meant and left it at that. She was glad to have Rylouth as her mentor, she wanted him as a mentor anyway. She knew that he would push her farther that she could go, and that would be exactly what she nneeded. She stood there looking from the council to Rylouth waiting for what to do next, as she didn't want to make a fool of herself especially now.

NnightStalker
02-10-2015, 11:27 AM
Rylouth again bowed to the council members and then turned around motioning for his apprentice to follow him. Once they were outside of the council chambers they would begin the trek down to the training area part of the fortress. "We have a few things that you need to be trained in, not for your defense, but so that you can hopefully understand what other rangers are talking about. Because of that we're heading to the training area where the ground is made of sand and the walls are made of a reflective glass that acts like water, showing your every motion back at you. There you will learn to practice the skills you already have and the skills you will obtain. While we're at the fortress you will spend at least two hours in the training area, practicing. Then you will report to the library and study on our history for two hours. Then you will get an hour lunch break, and from there you will meet with me so that I can take you outside of the fortress to other parts of the islands. After that you may do what you wish, but you must be back to co-ed apprentice dorms and be asleep by nine and will wake at four in the morning. This is only while we're here though at the fortress, do you understand?"

tortesstheshark
02-10-2015, 07:57 PM
Kayden followed Rylouth out of the chambers and listened intently to him giving her the directions of what she would be doing. "Who will be showing me what I need to do in the training area and where is the library?" She asked taking it all in. She followed him closely trying to memorize the path that they were taking, but she kept getting distracted him talking and eventually gave up. "Where are the dorms as well, will there be a map for me so that I can find my way around? Yes I understand. Be in bed and asleep by non wake up at 4, I'll most likely be awake at three thirty because that's what time I had to wake up at home." She ran everything back in her head to make sure she had gotten it all and she had asked all of her questions. One was bugging her though, "sir," she started off, "I thought you were the only recruiter, why would they make you my mentor if they only had one recruiter?"

NnightStalker
02-10-2015, 08:34 PM
"Well, for one, it doesn't matter if I'm the recruiter. I can still recruit, whether I have you tagging along with me or not. Second, because I didn't have an apprentice, and I haven't had one for a while. Last but probably the main the reason, they need me to train as much as I can since I am one of the better trainers. A storm is coming and they're going to need as many extremely talents guardians as they can get. As for all your other questions, the answers can be found in the library." With that they had reached the library.

((Library http://cdn.earthporm.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/house-of-books-libraries-franck-bohbot-4-740x400.jpg))

tortesstheshark
02-10-2015, 08:54 PM
Kayden didn't realize how far they had walked and when she looked up she was taken back. "It's so beautiful," she whispered half to herself. She looked at Rylouth questioningly, "this storm you speak of," she asked, "how long do I have to train before it comes?" She had never known how bad the war was, or partially that there was a war at all. She knew that her capital and the Mer capital were hashing out some issues, but now there was the void he spoke of, and the mountains of death. The mountains were a thing of legend, as was the void, but the knowledge that they actually existed frightened her. She would train or fight until her last dying breath, there were too many things that were important to her for her to not be apart of the Guardians. Too many species that needed to be kept alive, that needed to be helped and saved. No one knew what was going on except for the Guardians, and she was about to learn her share.

NnightStalker
02-10-2015, 10:12 PM
"Hopefully there won't be a storm at all, it's constantly on the horizon as we battle it. You'll learn soon enough of the enemy, after all in the mountains, you're going to see them up close and personal. I just hope you don't die from the encounter." Rylouth said amused, some people, just seeing the enemy killed them from fright. It was always horrible to watch when you see an apprentice die from just seeing the enemy for the first time. There was no way to prepare the apprentices for what they were going to taking a share in. "All you need to know now is that, neither side is winning the war. We have yet to move forward and the enemy has yet to move forward. Both sides are locked in a unmoving tie. We can't take anything without them taking something as well. So we just stay where we're at, because at least where we have the enemy now, well at least where they are now, one side is no more powerful than the other..... Yet...."

tortesstheshark
02-10-2015, 10:23 PM
Kayden was having a hard time understanding what she was hearing. "How can someone die of fright," she asked, "are they really that bad?" She put her head in her hands and shook her head, "this is going to be the most interesting thing I hope I live through. The only thing that I've done that was even close to dangerous was seeing how long I could touch a flame to my hand, and that wouldn't have killed me." She shuddered remembering, "the boys were all surprised at how long I could." She looked up again and back at Rylouth, "where am I to go now?"

NnightStalker
02-11-2015, 11:21 AM
"Personally I don't think they're scary, granted I follow the goddess of shadows, she also bore our enemies. Which reminds me, do you follow a god?" He asked since this was actually pretty important when it comes to being a guardian. Often a guardian, before battle would look to the blessings provided by there chosen god to keep them alive in the battle ahead. As he thought about this he thought about what god she might follow if she did follow one. Naturally she wouldn't follow the shadow goddess, since the only people who knew about the shadow goddess where the guardians. Well that was only true in a way, the other kingdoms knew about the shadow goddess, but they only cared about the evil aspect of her, that fact that she created all of the worlds monsters and dangerous predators. This to all the races made her one that was told as a bedtime story to scare the kids into being nice, or else the shadow goddess would send a monster to eat them. Of course though she was responsible for so much more, like creating the first guardian.

tortesstheshark
02-11-2015, 07:45 PM
Kayden stood there and thought for a moment, she'd never been asked what kind of god she'd worshiped. She would just pray to any god who would listen, and only because she believed there was truth in everyone's god. She also believed there was good in every god, even then shadow goddess, there had to be at least a little for people to pray to her. After she thought for a while she looked at Rylouth, "I don't follow one particular god, if I pray, I pray to any god that will listen. I believe that there is some truth in all gods though."

NnightStalker
02-11-2015, 09:02 PM
"Of course there is truth in all the gods, they're all from the same family. You need to choose one though before we leave, after all, praying to all of them is nice and all however it won't protect you. Up there and in future battles to come, you will need the favor of a chosen god. Trust me, sometimes it can mean the different between life and death." Rylouth said as they walked into the library, he went a pulled a book off one of the many shelves, and it showed the different gods and goddess' that can be followed, except it didn't show the shadow goddess.

tortesstheshark
02-11-2015, 09:51 PM
Kayden rifled through it quickly looking for the shadow goddess specifically. "This doesn't have your goddess in it," she observed, "when do I have to choose by? I would like to know more of your shadow goddess before I choose." She looked and found the god of death, she had heard of him and once prayed to him specifically. "If I have to choose now, then I pick the god of death," she said, "he's an interesting god, and I appreciate that."

NnightStalker
02-11-2015, 10:16 PM
"That is because the shadow goddess belongs to a different set of books, they're forbidden books and only those that follow her can read them. Not because they're forbidden, but because they're written in a language that only followers of the shadow goddess can read. You will learn very little about the shadow goddess, for she is one that you don't learn about. Nor do you choose to follow her, you have to follow her if certain things are met. Those things you can't know about though. As for choosing a god, well like I said, you have till before we leave to choose your god or goddess."

tortesstheshark
02-11-2015, 10:28 PM
"I will choose the god of death," Kayden said flipping through the pages of the book in her hand until she got to the god of death. The picture was a hooded figure with brilliant black wings and a scythe, she ran her fingers across the page quickly scanning the words. "He's not evil, and he's not good, he's just a god," she said, "he takes great care of those he takes with him. Well at least that's what I would like to think, and when I am greeted by him, I will smile and thank him." She got lost in a sense of closeness knowing that one day whether it be tomorrow or a long time from then, she would be happy to see the god of death.

((https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=webhp&tbm=isch&source=hp&ei=XtXbVNT9DMa1ogTLnYKQCg&q=gods&oq=gods&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.3..0l5.2808.3427.0.5657.5.5.0.2.2.0.310.945.0j4 j0j1.5.0.msedr...0...1c.1.61.mobile-gws-hp..0.5.588.3.VUBs9BohEmY#hl=en&tbm=isch&q=God+of+death&imgrc=CArHrBHHRkiZKM%253A%3BazCnrqSSyF2hUM%3Bhttp% 253A%252F%252Ffc01.deviantart.net%252Ffs70%252Ff%2 52F2011%252F311%252Ff%252Fc%252Fthanatos__god_of_d eath_by_shakti_chan-d4fe45w.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fshakti-chan.deviantart.com%252Fart%252FThanatos-god-of-death-267717524%3B844%3B1203))

NnightStalker
02-11-2015, 10:39 PM
"Yes well before we leave the fortress, I'll take you by the shrines of the gods in the church. In there you'll meet the elder worshiper of the god of death. He'll take you as an apprentice, who will give you quests to carry out while we're out doing our own thing. As you do stuff for him, he'll teach you more ways to get blessed by the god in order to help you out in different situations. The first thing he'll probably give you is a shield spell that will prevent those that are dead from hurting you. However give me one minute, for I just remembered, I need to grab something." With that Rylouth walked over to a section that was behind a locked door with a sign that said forbidden. He took out a key and opened it up, heading inside. He came out a minute later holding a book and closed and locked the door behind him. He then summoned a magical portal to his left and put the book inside of it, closing the portal afterwards.

tortesstheshark
02-11-2015, 11:12 PM
Kayden watched him unlock the door, take out the book and then put it through a portal. She wanted to ask but she thought it better not to, "when do I start in the training pit sir? I assume that I have to go to that for my two hours before I get to see the elder," Kayden said quietly going back to looking at the book in her hands. She wanted to see the elder first, she wanted to know more about the god of death, but she had to wait. She was never very good at being patient, but she figured she would have to learn or it would drive her crazy.

NnightStalker
02-11-2015, 11:27 PM
"Normally, yes you would, however because we're leaving tomorrow, you can go ahead and visit the elder worshiper for the god of death. He will explain to you what you will need to look for in order for him to teach you the next spell. He will however just teach the very first spell since you have chosen the god of death to be your patron god." He walked over to her as he talked to her. He thought about his early days as an apprentice.

tortesstheshark
02-11-2015, 11:42 PM
"Will you show me the way there or is there a map that I should follow?" Kayden asked him still not having answered her question earlier. She wondered which he enjoyed more whether it was recruiting or mentoring, she was too afraid to ask though. She was afraid that she would ramble, she didn't know if rambling would get her in trouble in war. She closed the book gently and put it back where she had seen Rylouth take it from, she had never seen a library so big and she didn't want to disrupt any part of it by taking a book from its self. "When are we leaving tomorrow?"

NnightStalker
02-12-2015, 12:54 PM
"What time do you think? We leave at the crack of dawn again, just like we usually do. As for getting to the chapel that holds the shrines of the different gods, well over there on that table..." Rylouth points to a table in the middle of the room. "...there are maps of the island and the fortress, for apprentices to look at and study. In the drawers of the table there are maps of other places in the world except of the mountains. We do not keep maps for the mountains due to them constantly changing."

tortesstheshark
02-12-2015, 10:47 PM
Kayden nodded as he spoke careful to try and take in everything, "thank you," she said when he was finished. She walked over to the table where he said the maps were and was surprised to see so many. As she picked everyone of them up she felt the parchment that it was on, and tried to look them all over before she found the one that she was looking for. The chapel the shrines of the gods were in was not quite as far as Kayden had thought they would have been. She memorized the route and set off quickly, wanting to spend as much time there as possible before she had to go to the dorms.

NnightStalker
02-13-2015, 03:54 AM
As he walked through the chapel he sat down in front of the shrine for the god of death, as he sat there though, Bob couldn't help but think that he couldn't wait for the new recruits to come in in six months. He did always enjoy the recruits, granted that was because he was the keeper of the gods, which basically meant he watched over all the shrines and taught those who wanted to train under a certain god. Of course, every recruit had to start under a certain god, it was after they had learned everything that he could teach them that got sad and exciting. Mostly because it was like watching them grow up and then leave to lead a life.

tortesstheshark
02-13-2015, 04:06 AM
Kayden found her way into the chapel and saw a man sitting at the feet of the shrine for the god of death, "excuse me?" She called out timidly, "are you the educator of the gods?" She took a step towards the shrine and saw how he sat, she assumed he was the keeper but she couldn't tell with him facing away. Her intention wasn't to scare him, "my name is Kayden," she said, "I'm a new recruit, I was sent here to learn about the god of death." She hoped that he was friendly.

NnightStalker
02-13-2015, 11:01 PM
"Hmm a new recruit? You must be that anomaly that Rylouth brought in, very interesting. It is nice to meet you Kayden, I am the keeper of the gods and their shrines, I know everything about them, and all of the spells that they teach me. Tell me, what do you know about the god of death?" He asked as he stood up and walked over to her, extending a hand to shake her hand. She was young, but not the youngest to have walked their halls. For they had taken exceptional children before. Of course the children stay as apprentices until they were sixteen, however that still none the less meant they had younger.

tortesstheshark
02-13-2015, 11:20 PM
"Yes I am," Kayden said shaking the keepers hand, "I don't know much about the god of death." She admitted shyly and thought for a moment, "I haven't actually studied any of the gods, I haven't had to until now. To be honest he seemed the most intriguing, and I had to choose just then. I like the idea of someone carrying us off into our death, I see him as a nice god, yes he may take people but it is their time. Though it seems that some of them go too soon for our taste."

NnightStalker
02-14-2015, 12:46 PM
"The god of death is both viewed as an evil and a good god, however that is how every god should be viewed. No god is completely good nor completely evil, they all do bad things and do good things. The god of death may take people when it is time, he however is also the one who created the undead scourge. The gods war against each other constantly, for example when the god of life wants to anger the god of death, the god of life causes a drought to cause enormous death in order to overwhelm death and his duties. Like wise, if death wants to get back at life, he then summons a plague of undeath, causing the dreaded scourge to return and kill those that life wants to protect. That is part of the reason the Guardians were founded, one day, one of the gods wanted to get back at a group of gods so they created a creature so horrible. That your people and all of the other kingdoms have completely forgotten about the creature, due to the thought of the creature even being real could make even the most powerful of beings dread meeting them. That is except for the guardians, a breed of warriors bred to fight the nightmares that the gods create, and most importantly to fight a never ending battle with the species of creatures that the four kingdoms had forgotten. I can not tell you what the creature is, for that is the purpose of your mentor. Only be warned that even the god death, while he is good, he is also evil. The first spell I can teach you, can protect you from the lesser undead. Would you like to learn it now? Or would you rather wait to pick a god until you have had more experience being a guardian, for despite what your mentor says, you can wait."

((Bob: http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/025/4/7/the_old_hermit_by_reneaigner-d5sogef.jpg))

tortesstheshark
02-14-2015, 07:22 PM
Kayden listened carefully to everything, the gods wars always seemed to take a toll on the people that they created. At first she thought they were selfish, and cruel but he went on he realized that the wars that her own people and the other kingdoms had gone through against each other was the same but on a much lesser scale. She looked at the god of deaths shrine, this is the god she had chosen, and she needed a spell to protect her from something he created. She thought about this for a moment, but then though of the other gods. What spells would she need to protect her from whatever they had created? She looked at the keeper and smiled sweetly, "no I wish to stick with the god I have chosen, thank you though for giving me more time to choose."

NnightStalker
02-15-2015, 01:32 AM
"I will cast the spell right now to show you. Make sure to practice with it when you can in order to get better with it." Bob then turned to the shrine and looked down. " Oh hollowed creator, blessed are thee, protect thyself from that which you have created, from that which fights your battles against the life God. From That which dies only to be reborn in more death." When He said those words a black bubble appeared around him and then disappeared.

tortesstheshark
02-15-2015, 03:32 AM
Kayden watched carefully, as well as listened. Spells had always been a thing of dreams for her, dreams and fantasy, and now they were becoming reality. Everything she had ever dreamed was coming true. She thought for a moment, every dream except one, she thought sadly. Her mind wondered to Calvin, and she wondered if he had finally accepted that she wouldn't return and that he should move on.

NnightStalker
02-15-2015, 03:48 AM
"You should go get some rest though. It is getting late and on this island time moves faster." With that Bob focused his attention to the shrine.

tortesstheshark
02-15-2015, 03:59 AM
Kayden nodded and left, making her way to the dorms she heard a familiar voice, "nice jacket." She turned to see a grinning Dakota behind her. "What are you doing here?" She asked surprised clinging to the jacket he had given her. "I'm a recruit just like you, only I left a little later than you did. It's nice to see that you did indeed keep my jacket." He said flashing a smile. Kayden smiled warmly back, seeing a familiar face made her a bit more comfortable.

NnightStalker
02-15-2015, 04:26 AM
Another ranger came over to where the two recruits where, she saw that her recruit Dakota was talking to some new recruit, who she could only guess to be Rylouth's apprentice. "Dakota, who is this you seem to have found?" She looked over at Rylouth's new apprentice. "Ah you must be Rylouth's apprentice, my name is Sheeria." She then bowed, "I am a shadow hunter, we're a special type of guardian that specializes in scouting and stealth. Tell me, what is your name youngling?"

tortesstheshark
02-15-2015, 04:36 AM
Kayden gasped and bowed awkwardly back, "my- my name is Kayden," she stuttered. "I'm sorry, you surprised me." Dakota smiled at Sheeria, "I met this wonderful girl at the embassy ma'am." He said politely and then turned to Kayden, "this is my mentor." Kayden smiled at Sheeria, "well I'm glad to see a familiar face around here, I actually forgot how to get to the dorms," Kayden said shyly.

NnightStalker
02-15-2015, 04:53 AM
Sheeria smirked at this, "Ah it's always amazing to see the new ones fumble around as they try to find their place here among our legendary order. Though it is truly amazing to see how Rylouth let's his apprentices fumble in the dark without help. Come, come, I was taking Dakota to the the apprentice dorm's anyways, I guess you can tag along." Sheeria said amused, but also slightly annoyed.

tortesstheshark
02-15-2015, 05:03 AM
Kayden hung her head as her cheeks flushed with embarrassment, "thank you ma'am," she said quietly. Dakota put his hand on her shoulder to comfort her as Sheeria led them to the dorms. Kayden stayed quiet as they walked, she wanted to stand up for her mentor but she knew he had his own justifications for leaving her alone. The more she thought about it the more frustrated she got, but she kept calm. Dakota pulled his jacket farther over Kayden's shoulders and smiled at her.

NnightStalker
02-15-2015, 10:19 PM
As they continued to walk Sheeria continued to talk. "Remember this Kayden, there are three types of guardians. There are the hunters, the priests, and the shields. The hunters are by far the most needed as we are like the scouts, we're the first ones into the action. If it wasn't for us, well we would have lost so many battles." Sheeria said amused knowing that Rylouth was in fact a shield.

tortesstheshark
02-16-2015, 05:00 AM
Kayden listened carefully keeping her head down with Dakota's hand still on her shoulder. "Which of the three is my mentor," she asked curiously. She hadn't been told much, well anything about her mentor as they hadn't spoken much. She touched Dakota's hand lightly almost as if to see it was still there and he smiled.

NnightStalker
02-18-2015, 02:53 AM
"Rylouth? Hah, he's a shield. Of course they are the people of legend, the ones that the stories are told about. But, really, they're just a bunch of soldiers who follow orders and do what they're supposed to do, like the dogs that they are." Sheeria said amused.

tortesstheshark
02-18-2015, 02:58 AM
"I think our mentors have a history," Dakota whispered into Kayden's ear and she giggled softly. "Why aren't stories told of your branch? Or the other branch?" Kayden asked to stop thinking about what Dakota had just said. He may have been right but she had seen another woman kiss her mentor before they had left for this place. "I hope you don't mind me taking your jacket with me again Dakota," Kayden whispered, "I'm heading to death mountains tomorrow."

NnightStalker
02-18-2015, 03:04 AM
"Hunters work in the shadows, and the priests are very rarely ever in battle. The priests attend to matters concerning the gods among the kingdoms, shields attend the matters that can get physical among the kingdoms, like stopping wars or defeating an unbeatable enemy. Hunters well as I said, we work from the shadows, we get the information, we play parts that no one can see or hear about."

tortesstheshark
02-18-2015, 03:09 AM
Kayden listened carefully, she liked the idea of hunters but she wasn't sure if she got to pick what she would be. She just assumed that she would end up being a shield like her mentor because that was the only option. "I see," Kayden said thoughtfully. Dakota reached down and grabbed her hand. Kayden was surprised but she didn't do anything about it, she was enjoying that fact that someone was paying attention to her and seemed to care for the time being.

NnightStalker
02-18-2015, 03:13 AM
"Young Dakota here is going to be a hunter since that is what I am, just like you're going to be a shield since that it what Rylouth is. I almost feel sorry for you.... Almost, however I don't seeing as how the world is unfair about a great deal of many things. After all, if the world was fair our group would have never needed to be formed, thus none of us would be here right now."

tortesstheshark
02-18-2015, 03:16 AM
"The world works in mysterious ways indeed," Kayden said only half paying attention. Something had caught her eye and she was trying to focus most of her attentions on it, but seemed to be failing. Dakota noticed her staring at something and looked in the same direction as her. His confusion matched hers quickly and he pointed into the distance, "what's that ma'am?" He asked.

NnightStalker
02-19-2015, 06:40 AM
"That is the housing district for the non-apprentices. So for the Guardians like me or Rylouth. Now come, your barracks is right here." With that she lead them into the barracks and inside of it was other apprentices, and rooms. Some rooms were empty as their apprentices were off on adventures while others were empty just because they weren't at the barracks.

tortesstheshark
02-19-2015, 06:50 AM
"Thank you ma'am," Kayden said politely and Dakota bowed. They both headed into the barracks and went to find their rooms. Dakota still had a hold of Kayden's hand when he pulled her to a stop. "Kayden," he said quietly, "I really do like you." Kayden blushed a deep red, "well I don't know what to say Dakota," she replied just as quietly.

NnightStalker
02-19-2015, 07:09 AM
Rylouth watched from outside as he watched the two young apprentices, using his guardian powers he was easily able to hear them. Sheeria came out of no where as she took her invisibility spell off, appearing right next to Rylouth. "Ahh young love, do you remember our first days when we were apprentices." Rylouth smirked, "So I see they have decided to repeat history then here. Let's hope they don't they do not get the kind of hard lives that we got." "I can already see that you're making sure to train your apprentice differentally. You were trained in the ways you considered weak, you want her to follow the path you made. A path few guardians know about. Tell me why?" Rylouth looked at Sheeria and then looked back at the apprentices, knowing that they wouldn't be able to see their mentors. He put an arm around Sheeria, "You know why, with the upcoming storm, we're going to need more along the forgotten shadow path."

tortesstheshark
02-19-2015, 07:20 AM
Dakota squeezed Kayden's hand and smiled weakly,"that fight that you had with your best friend, the one you were telling me about," Dakota said with a shaking voice, "I'm going to take a stab at it and say he was more than just your best friend." Kayden shook her head quickly, "no he was just my best friend, he just got mad at me for wanting to leave and possibly never come back. After I started to walk to the embassy he followed me and told me he loved me, which I in fact already knew, but I don't actually know if I would have stayed if he had told me sooner." Kayden looked down as she spoke her voice low enough to be a whisper. "He hurt me greatly when he didn't support me, and then you came along and we're so nice to me. You gave me your jacket and called me pretty, I just don't know how to feel." She blushed deeply as she pulled his jacket tighter around herself with her free hand. "Even the smell of you is more comforting than his voice ever was." Dakota grinned like a fool and blushed himself, "well I hope that you take the fact that I do indeed like you into consideration because I was going to follow that with asking you to be my girlfriend, though it seems you have much to think about and I will leave you to it." Dakota kissed her cheek and walked off.

NnightStalker
02-19-2015, 07:40 AM
"Should we test them then?" Sheeria said as she watch her young apprentice kiss the other one. "I think we should, you should go an inform your apprentice that you guys will be going to the death mountains with us." Sheeria smiled at him slyly "It'll be good to travel with you again." With that she leaned up on her toes and kissed him on the cheek before leaving and heading over to the room where Dakota had gone too. "I see you have chosen your room. Sucks you will not to get to be in it for long. Tomorrow morning, we will be joining Rylouth and his apprentice, and we'll be heading to the death mountains. Get some sleep tonight, you're going to need it."

tortesstheshark
02-19-2015, 09:13 AM
Dakota looked at his mentor confused, "but ma'am?" He asked not knowing how to finish his sentence. He gave up trying and just nodded, "Yes ma'am I will." He stood there astonished that the plans had suddenly changed, but he knew better than to argue with a Guardian. He wondered how Kayden would take the sudden change of plans, and if it was even slightly possible for them to be together with her 'friend' meaning so much. He sighed to himself and set his bag down, this was going to be a long forever if she didn't want to be with him.

NnightStalker
02-19-2015, 10:17 AM
"Also I saw what you did with Kayden... You want to talk about it Dakota?" Sheeria went over to the bed that was in his room and sat on it, patting the spot next to her, informing him to sit next to her. When it came to her apprentices, she was very mother like sometimes. She thought of how she was taught by her hunter mentor and how she would teach Dakota and the path that she would have him take considering what she just talked to Rylouth about.

((Sheeria http://heroessincity.wdfiles.com/local--files/charbit:elle/elle.jpg))

tortesstheshark
02-19-2015, 03:43 PM
Dakota sat down next to Sheeria and sighed heavily. "I think I'm in love with her ma'am," he said softly. "I've only known her for two days but she's beautiful, and her green eyes the way they sparkled when she talked. There is a boy that she calls hey best friend at her home town though, and just before she left he made her very angry and professed his love to her all at the same time." Dakota sighed again and put his head in his hands, "I want her to be mine But I would never push her to do such a thing if it's not what she wants. The jacket she wears is mine, I gave it to her the day we met at the embassy because she was shivering and soaking wet.or was shortly before you picked me up actually."

((Dakota https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=webhp&tbm=isch&source=hp&ei=CgLmVNO4FZKFyQSn_IDQBg&q=anime+men+with+blue+eyes&oq=anime+men+with+blue+eyes&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.12...3425.15644.0.16885.12.12.1.6.7.0.268.2234. 1j5j6.12.0.msedr...0...1c.1.61.mobile-gws-hp..2.10.777.3._pBfYVigCoI#imgrc=fgtTfmrCGiZckM%25 3A%3BYiTt3mHIDE_jfM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fi83.photo bucket.com%252Falbums%252Fj284%252Fchadni98%252Fan ime%252520guys%252FManAndWolf.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F %252Fs83.photobucket.com%252Fuser%252Fchadni98%252 Fmedia%252Fanime%252520guys%252FManAndWolf.jpg.htm l%3B450%3B523))

NnightStalker
02-19-2015, 11:56 PM
"To say that you are in love with her, is for me to say that is not possible. As you have said, you have only known her for two days. However who cares about this other guy, he is a mortal, compared to use his lifespan is that of a grain of sand on our lives. Besides you'll find that once you fully realize what it means to live eternally, that is until you die. You see that we often take a lot more than one mate. No doubt that through time you will find other girls that you will fall in love with and make them your mates as well. For now though you should just focus on your training, there will come a time when looking for a mate can take place while you train. However that time is not right now seeing as how you don't even have the basics down yet." She said watching his reactions.

tortesstheshark
02-20-2015, 12:38 AM
Dakota frowned deeply as Sheeria spoke, not wanting to give up Kayden. "I understand ma'am, I'm just not used to the idea of living forever yet. I was told I wouldn't live that long, which meant I had to find a mate quickly. I also believe in love at first sight ma'am, it's probably a stupid belief but it is mine." He sighed again and looked at Sheeria, "this boy has been in her life since she was little, she probably loves him back anyway." Dakota felt tears well up in his eyes, he had given up hope at this point.

NnightStalker
02-20-2015, 08:38 PM
"Who cares if she loves him back though. He's not eternal, he doesn't have the power of guardians, he could never take care of her.... Not like you, another guardian can. In time she will see you instead of this boy, that time is even closely approaching young one." Sheeria stood up, "Get some rest now, and worry not about Kayden, I have a feeling she'll be pointing your way, sooner than you think." With that Sheeria left his room closing the door behind him. She then went to the housing district for the actual guardians. Rylouth was already in his own personal room. Sheeria went to her own, knowing that the wound between her and Rylouth, was probably not healed yet.

~~~~~~NEXT DAY~~~~~~

Rylouth and Sheeria were standing on the dock next to each other. It was easy as well to notice that they were in different fighting groups normally, just by the armor they were wearing. Rylouth wore his usual cloak, but under his cloak was heavy armor, made of gold, reinforced with steel. His weapons, closely followed the material of his armor. Sheeria who was next to him, was wearing a cloak too, but of a pitch black color, underneath it was pitch black armor that only made of a special magical fiber, in order to be light but still offer protection. She only had a pair of daggers, however her daggers were that of obsidian with a green tip that looked like it was enchanted to look like that color.

tortesstheshark
02-20-2015, 09:46 PM
Dakota waited for Kayden in the barracks, they had seen each other right before they were going to leave but she had forgotten something. Dakota tapped his foot impatiently, still upset by the talk he and Sheeria had the night before. He saw Kayden running his jacket that was too big for her was flying behind her, "I'm so sorry," she said out of breath when she got to him. He shook his head and held out his arm for her smiling warmly, "come, we're going to be late," He said. Kayden took his arm and they walked quickly to the docks. When they spotted their mentors they Kayden and Dakota looked at one another, their mentors seemed almost out of place standing together as the gold of Rylouth's armor contrasted with the pitch black of Sheeria's.

NnightStalker
02-20-2015, 10:02 PM
Both of them sighed when they saw that they were holding arms, which was much like holding hands, but for the awkward ones. Rylouth whistled and a dock hand came over to him. "Is my private ship ready? As well have you prepared room for our two guests?" The dock hand simply nodded and Rylouth waved him away. As the apprentices, reached them Rylouth was finally ready to go. "The two of you are late. I wanted to leave an hour ago. Come, come though, this is my ship, S.S. Lady Buns. I took her from a pirate and filled her with my own crew. Some people think we access the mountains by land, truth is, we actually access them by sea, To the far north there is a bay with two mountains overlooking the entrance to the bay. We control one mountain, the enemy controls the other mountain. Sea travel only takes a week, land travel, well getting to the mountains take a few days. crossing the mountains to the base camp could take months by land."

tortesstheshark
02-20-2015, 10:07 PM
"I'm very sorry ma'am and sir," Kayden said hanging her head, "it's my fault we were late, I asked Dakota to wait for me as I had forgotten my father's necklace." She let go of Dakota's arm and stood there straight read to take whatever lashing she got. She was used to taking the blame for everything, as she had many scars from whips on her back to prove it. "I also chose to wait for you Kayden so it is not solely your fault. I could have left and made it on time but I chose not to," He looked at the two mentors standing in front of them, "I am sorry that we were late as well."

NnightStalker
02-20-2015, 10:19 PM
"Next time be on time, or you'll be tasked with cleaning the restroom on the ship. That is a sight you don't want to see." With that Rylouth walked the gang plank onto the ship with Sheeria following behind him. Rylouth went to the pinwheel ready to take hold of the ship in order to move them out of the dock. Once the apprentices we're on board they raised the gang plank. Sheeria looked to the first mate. "Show us to our rooms." The first mate bowed and started walking to a door, hoping that the guardian and the apprentices would follow. Sheeria looked to the apprentices "Follow me." and then she took off following the first mate.

tortesstheshark
02-20-2015, 10:31 PM
Kayden and Dakota followed the first mate and Sheeria to their rooms. Kayden still hung her head low ashamed of being late and Dakota sighed heavily. Kayden was frustrated with herself ad she fingered her father's necklace in her pocket. She wouldn't speak again for a while, and she was afraid not even singing would help her feel better. Dakota watched Kayden silently knowing that she felt as though it was all her fault, just as he felt it was his own.

NnightStalker
02-21-2015, 03:56 AM
They went down a floor to the room that used to be a storage room. In it was three comfortable looking beds with enough room for stretching around and being able to be comfortable for three people. "Here is your room, guardians. I'm sorry it's not much, we only received word that three instead of one extra were coming, this morning. If there is anything you need, please do not ask the crew, but instead find me." With that the first mate when back up stairs. Sheeria went in the room and took the bed that was in the middle for it was the longest.

tortesstheshark
02-21-2015, 04:25 AM
Kayden walked over to the bed on the right of Sheeria and dry down her bag. She was still vertu upset with herself as she sat down and pulled out her father's necklace. Dakota set his bag down on the left most bed and looked at his mentor with sad eyes. Kayden was upset and he couldn't do anything about it.he looked over at her fiddling with her father's necklace and he sighed quietly. Kayden didn't look up from hey father's necklace, "ma'am," she said softly, "should I go see my mentor now?"

NnightStalker
02-21-2015, 09:19 AM
Sheeria looked to Kayden as she asked the question "I think that you should stay here. I'll go talk to Rylouth, however I think Dakota has some stuff he would like to talk to you about. After you guys are done, you may come up." With that Sheeria shot a look to her apprentice telling him to talk to her about what they had talked about. She then stood up gracefully and walked out gracefully, almost like she was water moving through air.

tortesstheshark
02-22-2015, 02:48 AM
Dakota flushed a deep red as Sheeria walked out of the room and he patted the bed next to him. "come, I would like to talk to you Kayden."Dakota said softly. Kayden walked over and sat an arms length away from Dakota. "I won't like this conversation much will I?" Kayden asked still hanging her head. Dakota sighed, "I'll just get right to the point. We live forever, your friend who you left back at your house doesn't. He will never be able to give you what you want, but I will. I will be able to give you everything you want and more. I believe in love at first sight and when I saw you, I fell in love with you. I hope that you can see past your friend and look to me for anything and everything."as Dakota finished he looked to Kayden to see her reaction. She looked at him wide eyed and pushed some unruly hair out of her face. "I... I don't know what to say Dakota." She played with her father's necklace before she looked back at him with tears welled in her eyes. "Dakota I don't love him, I wanted to at one point but I don't. He was just my best friend and I already lost his support. I believe you can give me anything I want, but first I need a but more time. I accept you loving me and I can say that I do love you too because I share the same belief. I just need a few more days to get in tune with everything." Dakota nodded understanding and with a lighter heart than before.

NnightStalker
02-22-2015, 09:51 AM
Rylouth looked over at Sheeria as she approached him at the pinwheel. "So I talked to Dakota yesterday, and now he is talking to Kayden. Confessing his love for her and how he is eternal like her while that other boy is not. Apparently my apprentice believes in love at first sight." Rylouth smirked at that. "Kind of like how you used to Sheeria? I guess he'll be learning soon that if you can fall in love at first sight that you can also fall out of love just as quickly." Sheeria looked at him thinking, that he couldn't possibly be thinking about doing Kayden that she was thinking of. "Don't tell me that you're planning on introducing her to the shadow goddess." Rylouth smirked at that. "You know just as well as me, that our goddess picks which guardians worship her, and that when you're picked, you're left with little choice."

tortesstheshark
02-23-2015, 01:22 AM
Kayden slowly approached Sheeria and Rylouth slowly. "Sir," she said cautiously, "my father's necklace, I was told by him that if I made it into the Guardians I was to give my mentor this necklace." She held out a small obsidian necklace with a small jade piece in the middle of it. "It's not much, but it was his thank you." Kayden said softly.

Dakota sat quietly down in the room that was fashioned for the three of them. He hugged the jacket that Kayden had left on his bed for the moment, knowing that she would want it when shew got back. He smiled to himself as the conversation that they had went better than expected.

NnightStalker
02-23-2015, 04:45 AM
Rylouth looked at Kayden as she approached and offered him the necklace. "Keep it. I mean no disrespect, but it is one of the few things you have to remind you of your father, and sure he is a guardian now. However you'll find, that being a guardian can often change people, after all, the amount of experiences you continually get shown too, over hundreds, thousands of years. Well if they don't make some kind of an impact on you, then I don't know what will. Now, in my personal quarters there is a library of books. On shelf number two, there are some books on weaponry. Read through the books, and read on which weapon you will think that you like best. You'll need both a melee and a ranged weapon."

tortesstheshark
02-23-2015, 05:30 AM
Kayden nodded and put the necklace on. "Where are your private quarters sir?" She asked looking around, "I've never been on a ship before and I'm not quite sure how to navigate one. I'm a little skilled with a bow and wouldn't mind that for a ranged weapon if that's an option." Dakota came up the stairs slowly and looked to Sheeria, "what would you like me to do ma'am,"He asked unsure. He handed Kayden back his jacket and she took it putting it back on, it was only then that she realized she had been shaking.

NnightStalker
02-23-2015, 06:09 AM
"Grab one of the books in Rylouth's Library on the art of disappearing or on the art of diplomacy. Then I want you to start reading it." Sheeria said responding to Dakota. Rylouth looked to his apprentice, "The bow is fine, and my quarters is right under our feet. There is door behind the stairs that led up here. That door leads to my room. When you have found some melee weapons you like, read about them. Then when you have finally chosen one, after studying all the ones you like, come back to me and we'll start your training."

tortesstheshark
02-23-2015, 06:40 AM
Both Dakota and Kayden bowed and headed down to Rylouth's quarters. Kayden was still shaking when they opened the door and found the shelf the books they were looking for were on. "The art of disappearing,"Dakota said as he pulled the book from its place on the shelf. Kayden found the book on melee weapons and opened it to a random page. "The Katana," she said as she touched the words. "This looks like it would be fun." She said as she showed Dakota the picture. It was a simple looking sword with an extremely sharp skinny blade, and a hilt that looked as though it was hand carved. She flipped through the pages not finding anything else she liked and started reading about the sword.

((Katana: https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=webhp&tbm=isch&source=hp&ei=kcrqVKTaKcznoASYyoHQDg&oq=Katana+&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.3..0l5.2216.3774.0.4306.9.8.1.3.3.1.289.1615.0j 4j4.8.0.msedr...0...1c.1.62.mobile-gws-hp..3.6.424.3.XltuwcL461g&q=Katana#imgrc=uJX1cEcmHJQXVM%253A%3Bu-DIv_lgOsyx8M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fupload.wikimedia .org%252Fwikipedia%252Fcommons%252F8%252F8b%252FKa tanas.svg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fcommons.wikimedia.o rg%252Fwiki%252FFile%253AKatanas.svg%3B793%3B1122) )

NnightStalker
02-23-2015, 08:51 PM
Now they were out of the dock and heading down the large river that ran from the lake that the island was in, eventually at the mouth of the river they would find themselves at the endless ocean, where they would then head around the cost of the elven lands all the way to the mountains. It was definitely a long journey. Sheeria went and sat on the balcony of the ship, and Rylouth just kept on steering the ship through the river.

tortesstheshark
02-23-2015, 09:03 PM
Kayden and Dakota had gone back to the quarters that were set up for them. Both were reading their chosen books and Kayden hugged the jacket tighter around her. "I'm not feeling well," she said holding her stomach. "you're probably getting a little sea sick,"Dakota said after a moment and he looked at her. "you are looking a little green,"He chuckled. Kayden smiled weakly and stuck her tongue out at him. "Don't you make fun of me Dakota it's not nice, and aren't you supposed to be reading?" She asked sarcastically.

NnightStalker
02-24-2015, 10:05 PM
*A few hours later*

Rylouth looked out over the mouth of the river as half of the sky was pink and the other half was slowly changing in lower and lower shades toward black in the eastern direction. Soon it would be time for the night crew to come up on deck and take the reigns from the day crew. After all, their ship would be constantly going, at full speed, at all hours of the day and night. That was how Rylouth ran his ship, in top notch and full strength.

tortesstheshark
02-24-2015, 11:47 PM
Kayden closed the book after she had finished studying the melee weapon she had chosen. She looked at Dakota who had fallen asleep reading his book and chuckled softly. She walked out of the room quietly and went to where Rylouth was. "Sir, I've chosen my weapon." She said sounding sure of herself. She wasn't sure though, whether he would accept the weapon she had chosen as she didn't know what his melee weapon was. She still had the book in hand, a small piece of scratch paper marking the spot where it was.

NnightStalker
02-25-2015, 05:56 AM
Rylouth took the book from his apprentice and opened it up. "Ahh the katana, a specializes sword, considered lighter than most but sharper at the same time. Perfect, then it is time to start your training." With that Rylouth handed her the book and summoned a crew member over to pilot the ship while he trains his apprentice. Rylouth then walks down to the main deck and opens a barrel containing weapons. From it he pulls out a katana and puts it on the weapon rack. He then picked up some random mop that was on the ground and held it out for his apprentice to take.

tortesstheshark
02-25-2015, 05:40 PM
Kayden followed Rylouth and took the mop or if his hands questioningly. "What am I to do with this sir," she asked trying to hide her confusion as much as possible, but failing miserably. What she really wanted to know was whether or not he was going to swing the Katana at her only giving her a mop to defend herself with.

NnightStalker
02-26-2015, 10:26 AM
"A Katana is a specialized weapon, to use it, you must first understand the family it comes from. To use it you must learn to control your strength. You swing it with to little strength and the enemy catches you in the middle of it. You swing with too much and you miss allowing yourself open for a counter attack. All weapons are like that, but the Katana is much more important for the area of amount of strength you need to use it very very small due to how thin and light the weapon is. However in order to learn how much strength you have and how much to use, you must first learn about the weapons that led to the construction of the first Katana. The old masters of the Katana could fight back using several things. Anywhere from actual weapons to simple things you might find anywhere, like a mop."

tortesstheshark
02-26-2015, 11:06 PM
Kayden swung it around a little as he spoke feeling the heaviness of the mop head end to the lightness of other end. "The mop is lopsided in weight though while the Katana only has a minor difference from the hilt," she said trying to keep hold of it while she swung lightly. "They must have fought with sticks before they thought up the Katana itself if it's so light, which would mean the little ones would have an advantage as well because of the weight." She stopped swinging for a moment and thought. "So I will start off with the mop. What is my first lesson?"

NnightStalker
02-26-2015, 11:20 PM
"Actually no they didn't start off with sticks. Katanas came from swords, however there was no one sword that it closely resembles as bits and pieces of all swords were taken to make the katana. For example, a great sword which has roughly the same weight balance as a mop. Before you can wield that of one of the most balanced, you must first learn to wield that of the heaviest and that of the lightest, and work your way both up and down to the middle, where the Katana lies. First lesson though is for you to mop the deck." Rylouth said amused as he used a spell to create a splash of water on the deck.

tortesstheshark
02-26-2015, 11:32 PM
Kayden nodded along as Rylouth spoke and frowned a bit as he spilled the water on the floor. She mopped it up quickly, "I do know how to mop sir," she said. "I was the one who always cleaned my home. Am I going to be using a broom next?" She asked genuinely curious. After she finished mopping the water off of the deck she stood and leaned against the mop. "What next sir?"

NnightStalker
02-28-2015, 01:59 AM
"A broom? Why would you learn how to use a broom? No you are not finished with mopping the deck. I didn't just mean mop that one spot, I meant mop the whole deck you dodo. While you mop I'm going to watch and make sure you get every little spot." Rylouth said amused as he sat on a barrel next to the pole that lead up to the crows nest.

tortesstheshark
02-28-2015, 03:02 AM
Kayden sighed and started to meticulously mop the floor making sure she didn't miss a spot. Add she finished Dakota came up the stairs tracking dirty boot prints on the floor where he walked. Kayden grumbled as she moped them up behind him and hit him lightly when he stopped in front of Sheeria. She walked back to Rylouth. "Done," she said leaning on the mop again.

NnightStalker
02-28-2015, 04:09 AM
"Nope, you missed a spot." He then pointed to a spot that looked clean and he muttered a word of magick a big ball of mud formed in the air then fell down making mud shoot all over the deck. "Looks like you missed a lot of spots." Rylouth then pulled an apple from the barrel he was resting on and started chewing on it.

tortesstheshark
02-28-2015, 06:16 AM
Kayden once again mopped the floor making sure to not miss any spots. She didn't complain because she knew if she did then this would just be a longer prices than she wanted. She finished again and walked over to Rylouth calmly, this time she didn't lean on the mop. "Have I missed any more spots sir?"

NnightStalker
02-28-2015, 06:37 AM
"Indeed." Again Rylouth had done the same thing as usual. He was waiting for a certain thing to happen and while he waited, he decided it was best to amuse himself with tormenting and teaching his apprentice, all at the same time. After all that was one of the more fun things about being a mentor, almost everything else sucked and just caused stress where no stress should be.

tortesstheshark
02-28-2015, 09:20 AM
Kayden once more mopped, hoping that it would stop soon. She hated mopping, well cleaning in general. She was always forced to do it because her gran was too old and her mother was never there. It didn't take her as long to mop this time, making sure that the deck was once again spotless she walked over to Rylouth waiting for him to create another mess.

NnightStalker
02-28-2015, 08:31 PM
Rylouth again maid another mess, this time though he made sure that the mud was more sticky and what not, in order to make it much harder to clean off. The kind of mud that required elbow grease to get rid of. "I'm sure that if you want, Dakota may be willing to help." Now Rylouth had casted another spell making it so wherever Dakota, or Kayden walked, mud would appear behind them in their steps.

tortesstheshark
02-28-2015, 08:36 PM
Dakota looked over suddenly hearing his name and saw the dirty floor. He slowly trudged over to Kayden and found another mop noticing that his steps only made it worse. They both work hard continuously trying to clean the floor and failing as anywhere they walked the mud followed them. Kayden grew tired quickly cleaning the floor and she started to pant. "I don't appreciate this mud sir," she grumbled more to herself than Rylouth.

NnightStalker
03-01-2015, 03:51 AM
"Yes well I don't appreciate the sun coming out every morning and making it warm. However you'll find quickly that when it comes to what you want, the universe will give you the exact opposite, especially now that you're a guardian. As a Guardian, you'll find that if something can go wrong, it usually will when it comes to the enemy."

tortesstheshark
03-01-2015, 09:12 AM
Kayden nodded and thought for a moment cleaning up the last of her steps. Dakota was still going around in circles before he sighed and stopped himself. Kayden smiled after thinking for a momemt, "Dakota watch what I do." She said. She started to walk backwards, mopping up her footprints until she was able to sit on something and get her feet off of the ground. Dakota did the same and when they had both sat down the deck was once again spotless.

NnightStalker
03-05-2015, 01:59 AM
Rylouth watched amused. "Hmmmm now for the fun part." He casts another spell and makes it so that anywhere that anyone walked, made mud appear, but only on the top part of the deck. He smirked for in a matter of seconds, the deck was mostly covered in mud.

tortesstheshark
03-05-2015, 04:45 AM
Both Kayden and Dakota sighed as they were both frustrated with Rylouth's magic. Kayden picked herself up and mopped behind everyone for a whole before she pushed the ones over who weren't doing anything but walking. They stayed put for a while before moving again and Kayden groaned, "this is just ridiculous." She continued mopping anyway but her frustrated mopping was much less meticulous, Dakota cleaned what she missed as he didn't want to incur either of the mentors wraths.

NnightStalker
03-05-2015, 05:20 AM
Rylouth just watched with amusement and Sheeria stood next to him smiling as well as she watched her own apprentice foolishly help with something that will not end until Rylouth decides to see it end. Of course Rylouth was still waiting for a certain thing but the thing continued to not present it's self.

tortesstheshark
03-05-2015, 06:03 AM
Kayden stopped and threw the mop down. "I'm very much done with this." She said and stormed down to their quarters. She hated that he kept making the floor dirty and making it so others would track their boot prints across the floor that she had to continually work on. She threw herself onto the bed and sighed heavily.

Dakota watched what Kayden had done and he sat down on the closest thing to him scathing his head. He had never seen anyone get so mad about mopping, though he was getting fairly frustrated himself.

NnightStalker
03-05-2015, 10:00 AM
Rylouth who smiled and was amused, casted another spell. All the mud just disappeared, as it was all an illusion. The deck however, had been cleaned so hard that it sparkled. Which was much better looking than when Kayden tried to say she was done the first time. "Ahh my baby looks new now. Guess she finally got fed up. I wonder how long till she figures out that, that was what I was aiming for." He said amused.

Sheeria was slightly amused but not at the same time. She looked to her apprentice. "Kayden may have learned something, but you have not. As hunters, we are shadows. We help only in the sense of life and death, and when it comes to the well being of the guardians. I was hoping you wouldn't have helped."

tortesstheshark
03-05-2015, 04:39 PM
Kayden sat silent on her designated bed as she tried to calm down. She was so frustrated that her who scars started to burn as they always did when she was angry. She took drop breaths trying to calm down and slowly she did.

Dakota looked at Sheeria and nodded, "yes ma'am, though it's going to take me a while to get used to that asi usually help anyone with anything. I assume that will get me in lots of trouble if I continue to help people, more along the lines of possible death depending on the situation? "

NnightStalker
03-06-2015, 12:15 AM
"No because I will be there to make sure you don't die. Though it will greatly increase the amount of time it will take you to become a guardian. Seeing as how guardians are not supposed to take mates until after being an apprentice, I would imagine that you would like to become a guardian at roughly the same time as Kayden, lest she fall for another guardian instead." Sheeria said teasingly and amusingly.

tortesstheshark
03-06-2015, 12:20 AM
Dakota frowned at her words angry that she would say such things. "She will choose who she wishes and I will accept whoever she chooses. Until the time of her deciding I will focus all of my energy on becoming a guardian and much less helpful than I have been. Am I free to go ma'am or is there a lesson that I should have." His voice wasn't stern but it wasn't friendly. He assumed she would pick up on it and he would get a tongue lashing but her words and hit a nerve. He pulled himself together as he took a deep breath and managed a small smile.

NnightStalker
03-06-2015, 12:44 AM
Sheeria smiled being able to sense the annoyance in her apprentice and gave Rylouth a look. Rylouth knew the look and knew what she was asking him to do. He went down and sat next to his apprentice. "Everything I do, is too teach you. Since I didn't have the chance to test your patience or intelligence back at the city, I had to do it now. Now what I came down here to talk to you about. Who is this boy back at the city and why do you not like him?"

Sheeria walked down to her apprentice. "I want you to look at the water and tell me what you see."

tortesstheshark
03-06-2015, 02:31 AM
Kayden watched as Rylouth entered and she listened to him carefully. She nodded in understanding and sighed, "he was supposed to be my best friend, though he chose to be angry with me for choosing to join the Guardians. I don't like him because he made me angry, he told me he loved me too late." Tears welled up in her eyes as she spoke. Calvin had torn a wound in her heart that would take much more time to heal, and for now she would dislike him.

Dakota looked at the water below. "I see waves, and my reflection. I see a boy who has yet to become a man." He spoke softly sadness filling his heart.

NnightStalker
03-06-2015, 03:04 AM
Rylouth sighed. "Can you blame him for being angry though? Imagine if it was the other way around. Can you really tell me that you wouldn't react the same way? He wasn't angry at you.... He was angry at himself for not asking before then. How about this, on our way back, we'll stop by the city and I'll let you pursue him a bit. The reason I say this is because I have no doubt that you have feelings for him still. As for love, well the best kind of love comes from the ones who don't live forever."

Sheeria rolled her eyes "You're neither a boy and you will never be a man. You are a guardian, you're an apprentice, however you're still a guardian. The life you lived before, no longer exists. Now tell me again, what do you see?"

tortesstheshark
03-06-2015, 04:04 AM
Kayden sighed heavily, "he broke my heart sir, I don't know if I can talk to him again. I don't want to talk to him again." She looked at Rylouth with tears spilling down her cheeks like raindrops on windows. She shoved her face in her hands to hold back sobs. She hated crying, but this was too much for her to handle.

"I see an opportunity to change everything, an opportunity that will take away everything I love and turn my life from a short one to one that will be a long almost depressing one." Dakota looked very upset at he stared at the water.

NnightStalker
03-06-2015, 04:24 AM
"As for breaking your heart, you'll find that the heart can forgive anything. When we go back and visit, you need to talk to him and when you do, you'll realize it is much easier to forgive him. Besides according to my contacts, just from the week we have been gone he has made some serious life changes. The kind of changes that will mean we will see him more often then you think."

"Depressing? Hardly. Nothing is more exciting than stalking your prey, following for days behind your prey. To only be a few yards or miles behind them. Nothing will give you better thrill than the hunt. Especially after you see what we're fighting." Sheeria said amused. "Now look again, and I want you to keep looking until I say to stop. I just want you to look and think."

tortesstheshark
03-06-2015, 04:57 AM
"Forgiveness is something that should be earned," Kayden said angrily, "not something to just be given away." She curled up angrily, "and what do you mean we'll be seeing more of him. I don't even want to see him in the first place."

Dakota continued looking into the water much to his disappointment. He sighed heavily and thought for a bit. His mind wandered to Kayden and he leaned on his hands. He didn't want her to choose anyone but him, he had been tossed aside his whole life but he would accept the decision she would make, whatever it may be. He wanted to go to Kayden, but the water seemed to draw him in. He didn't want to swim in it, not necessarily, he just felt like he was getting lost in it. He shook his head but the feeling wouldn't go away and he sighed again. "This must be what it feels like to drown," he said quietly.

NnightStalker
03-06-2015, 05:25 AM
Sheeria with her hunter hearing heard his remark. "Drowning is something guardians are immune too. So don't say that must be what it feels like because we can send you through the pain of drowning." She said smirking.

"You're right, forgiveness should be earn, yet you see it given away all the time. You see it all the time and everywhere. That's what differs us from our enemy, our enemy is merciless, and grants no forgiveness. If they capture you, they don't kill you. They use certain techniques to turn you to their side, and there is nothing worse than facing torture at the hands of our enemies. I want you to think about on all the happy times with you, the times he made you angry. You always found forgiveness then, why not find it now when it's more important that you do?"

tortesstheshark
03-06-2015, 05:35 AM
"Because he was too late this time," she spat back. "He broke his promise this time," she said quietly taking her hands off of her face and looking at the floor. Her eyes stopped producing tears and she sat there motionless. "Promises are things that are not to be broke. Promises are things that should never be made if you don't intend to keep them, and you haven't answered my question."

"Forgive my grammar ma'am, this is the emotional drowning. The actual drowning experience is much more painful, and it's much harder to breathe." He squinted at the water and a small smile came to his face, "funny though how alive it makes you feel when you're about to die" he added.

NnightStalker
03-06-2015, 05:43 AM
Rylouth was amused by all this drama. "Promises can be broken with good intentions. He probably felt like now that you have joined us, you are going to die. After all only two in every twenty recruits ever become an apprentice, the other eighteen usually die. I would make the assumption that maybe before your father left, he had this boy make a promise to protect you. He can't protect you if you join us, joining us is usually a death sentence. As for why you may see him more, I am afraid you are simply an apprentice, and you haven't earned that kind of knowledge." Rylouth amusingly, and smiling.

"Death isn't the only thing that can make one feel alive. Power does too, why do you think we guardians are always taking action? Though if you think death is what makes you feel alive, then when we get to the mountains you're going to constantly feel alive." She said grinning an almost mischief smile.

tortesstheshark
03-06-2015, 05:46 AM
Kayden glared at Rylouth angry that this seemed to amuse him. "My father would not ask that of him after he made me promise to try and make it into your world." She grumbled. She sat motionless again refusing to say anything else.

Dakota nodded, "fine then, may I stop staring at the water now. I would like to get back to reading my book." He still looked at the water in case she told him no.

NnightStalker
03-06-2015, 05:51 AM
"Fine you may go lazy one." Sheeria said as she went to Rylouth's private quarters to look over the maps to see which route they were taking.

Rylouth was still smiling at all of this. "You assume your father would not ask that. He made that promise when he first left. But how about after having been with us, after seeing what a death trap we can be. What if on one of his trips back, he made the boy promise? Before you say anything else, he did have many trips back to the city. As guardians we leave that old life behind and he was forbidden to see family."

tortesstheshark
03-10-2015, 01:47 AM
Dakota turned and bowed to Sheeria, "thank you ma'am" he said before walking off. Hearing Rylouth and Kayden talking he paused at the door knowing that it would be wrong for him to just barge in he went back up and sat on something.

Kayden glared at Rylouth again, "I know that as Guardians you are forbidden to see family upon return. I've known that for many years." She growled. Her anger had caught up with her again and she paused taking a deep breath. "If he had made Calvin promise then Calvin should have tried harder to get me to stay. He knows how stubborn I am he grew up with me, therefore he should know how to get me to cooperate." Her voice was calm now, almost reflective. She had good methods for calming down, she just didn't use them often.

NnightStalker
03-17-2015, 06:49 PM
"He should have, though sometimes people fail, sometimes people fail when they're conflicted. He wanted you to both go and not go. He wanted you to go because he wants you to be happy. He wanted you to stay because he wants to be with you, wants to make you happy, wants to spend his life with you, and because maybe he promised your dad. Just having one conflict makes everything harder and well that was what happened. Now if and when you earn the information to know why you'll be seeing him a lot more, I'll tell you why. However you should work on finding forgiveness in your heart. Because you may deny loving him, however you only fool yourself. We, the people around you, especially me, can see the light that pops into your eyes, the hope that comes into them, as soon as the subject of Calvin is brought up."

tortesstheshark
03-17-2015, 06:54 PM
"I do not give forgiveness easily sir and I never have. Do not expect me to just give away my forgiveness if he hasn't earned it. I may have loved him at one point, but I don't know any more because he blinded me. I am angry and furious with him and until he proves himself worthy of forgiveness he will not get it from me. I believe that one conflicting can change how a person thinks and feels, but he still should have understood where I had to do this. I made a promise and I don't break my promises."

NnightStalker
03-17-2015, 07:17 PM
"Neither does he.... If you really want to know why you'll being seeing him soon, come back up to the top of the deck and take a real good look at the crew mate to cleans and handles our weapons." Rylouth smiled slyly and stood up and walked out of the room heading up to the top of the deck. He went back to the pin wheel and sat on the ledge with Sheeria talking about news and what not.

Calvin stood by one of the weapon racks that held swords and he was cleaning the Katana that Kayden was going to use in later training sessions. When she had chose the Guardians over him, he decided he would show her why she should have picked him. That very same day he went to the blacksmith, who was his father, and crafted weapons and armor for himself. He then went and signed up for the army, and he was assigned to be a part of a crew to protect some Guardians. Before they had left he received a letter from the king, calling him a blank slate, and that he had been selected to be trained by the king's champion, who was taking over as weapon trainer on the boat. From there he spent a week training with the guy while they headed to the Guardian head quarters. Now he was a better fighter than the whole army and he was quickly reaching the level of knight. However it would only take him a few more days to surpass that and know everything the champion knew. That is at least combat wise, there was plenty more in many different aspects he would still need to know.

tortesstheshark
03-17-2015, 08:00 PM
Kayden watched Rylouth as he left, curious about what he meant she went up the stairs. She had Dakota's jacket in her arms and she went and handed it to him. "I have no idea what's about to happen," she told him looking around, "but please keep your head for whatever does." Dakota looked at her confused, though he nodded anyway. Kayden finally spotted Calvin and anger fumed in her and she grumbled incoherently under her breath. "Calvin." She yelled angrily walking over to him. "Just what the hell are you doing here."

NnightStalker
03-17-2015, 08:08 PM
Rylouth and Sheeria looked over amused.

Calvin looked up and then just shrugged off her anger. "I am doing my job, why what does it look like I am doing?" He said as he finished cleaning the Katana and set it down into the weapon rack. He then leaned against the rail crossing his arms as he looked at her, waiting for her to respond.

tortesstheshark
03-17-2015, 08:11 PM
"What exactly is your job Calvin? Because it seems to me like you're following me. If you ever want me to speak to you in a normal tone again you're going to have to earn my forgiveness." With that she turned and marched back towards Dakota who was glaring over in that direction. He wiped the tears that fell from Kayden's eyes and he wrapped his jacket back around her.

NnightStalker
03-17-2015, 08:30 PM
Before she could get too far away he yelled one last thing to her. "Try removing yourself from the center of the universe, tends to help with actually talking to people." He said amused as he picked up a new sword and started to clean it, knowing that once he said that, it was only a matter of time before she came storming back at him. In the past they would get in a physical fight just to sort it out and she would win. If she tried that this time, she would fine that she is greatly outmatched.

tortesstheshark
03-17-2015, 08:33 PM
She turned back to him knowing what he was doing, she clung tightly to Dakota's jacket. "I was the center of your universe, and you were the center of mine. Now all you are is just a hole that has been dug into my heart that will never be filled." She tuned away from him and went down to her room and cried. Dakota glared at Calvin, knowing that he had little skills to fight Calvin he simply went after Kayden to comfort her.

NnightStalker
03-17-2015, 08:38 PM
Calvin simply smirked at the amusement and went back to cleaning the weapon. Rylouth got up and walked on over to Calvin. "She still loves you, you know." Calvin looked up at the Guardian, "You must be her mentor. Yes I am aware, it's hard to believe but we have been in worse fights. She just automatically assumed I was following here, and didn't give one second to think about the fact of why I may actually be here. The fact that my armor, bears the royal insignia of the king. That maybe I was put here by his order. No, I know she still loves me, but I also know how she thinks. Sooner or later, she'll be back to try and settle this, one way or another." Rylouth smiled at the young boy Calvin. "Now I see why she loves you. I told her about your promise to her dad. Seems like the only way you're going to earn yourself back into her heart, is to prove yourself."

tortesstheshark
03-17-2015, 08:49 PM
"That's your best friend? That arrogant prick who just disregarded all of your feelings. That's who you call your best friend!" Dakota shouted marching around the room like a five year old throwing a tantrum. Kayden simply nodded tears flowing down her face freely. She had wanted Calvin to shake, or show some weakness for her but she was convinced that he didn't love her anymore. "Leave me Dakota. I want to be alone." She looked at him and he opened his mouth to protest. "Don't, this isn't a request." Kayden said angrily. Dakota nodded and went upstairs to sit as far away from Calvin as he could get.

NnightStalker
03-17-2015, 08:53 PM
When Rylouth saw Dakota come up, he saw the perfectly opportunity. "Apprentice Dakota, come over here and join me and the king's soon to be next champion. I'm sure you two have a lot to discuss." Rylouth smiling all so slightly evilly. Calvin looked at Rylouth then looked at Dakota, he recognized the guardian, simply just because he recognized his from the military. The military leaders weren't too fond of him and were glad that he was gone.

tortesstheshark
03-17-2015, 08:59 PM
"The kings champion hmm, I believe I'm much safer over here. After all I believe the girl he seems to love wants much more than I can give her anyway." He smiled warmly putting on his face. "I wouldn't dare fight the soon to be champion, especially since I know I would lose." Dakota shrugged and sat on a barrel, looking back down at the ground. He was doing all he could to sit still, he was done being angry, it was only accepting that Calvin was here and Kayden would more than likely choose him.

NnightStalker
03-17-2015, 09:07 PM
Calvin walked over and looked him up and down. "I remember you Dakota, I saw you around the army, your superiors really didn't like you. Anyways, you should know, I'm not here for her. I do love her, a lot, however I am here because of a deal between the guardians and my king. Now I have no doubt you like her too, and I don't know you that well. What I do know is that I have been keeping a promise for years to protect her and I plan to do that, through life and death. If you somehow get in my way, I won't hesitate to cut you down where you stand." With that Calvin walked back to where Rylouth was still standing. "Happy? We talked and I gave him a warning, now I don't report to you, so could please let me get back to my cleaning of the weapons."

tortesstheshark
03-17-2015, 09:11 PM
"What you don't seem to understand is that she wants you to be here for her." Dakota said as Calvin was walking away. "Yes I do like her, but she doesn't want me. You won't have to cut me down, I won't get in the way as I have my own training to do." He said getting up and walking to Sheeria, "may we start now." He asked. Dakota had lost, more like given up as Sheeria's words of wisdom rang out in his head. He would stop trying to love Kayden, and he would only focus on his training.

NnightStalker
03-17-2015, 09:17 PM
Rylouth simply went back to his spot before and started meditating.

Sheeria looked at her apprentice as he came over to her and she rolled her eyes. "So obviously I need to smack you in the head while I'm talking to you. I seem to remember our talk going along the lines of you fighting for her, not backing out. I mean look at Calvin, when he failed to get her, he went on to prove why she should choose him, not give up like you are doing now. We guardians, never give up. We don't surrender and we don't flee. We push forward and we win. Do you want to be a guardian? Or do you want to be a coward for the rest of your life?"

tortesstheshark
03-17-2015, 09:20 PM
Dakota thought for a moment about not giving up and then it hit him"This is how I will fight," he smiled at her. "She will choose him, and when she is finished with him, it will be quick I promise you, and his arrogance she will choose me. It is my jacket that she is clinging to after all. I need my training to fight for her though don't I?" He looked at Sheeria and looked back to Calvin, "after all I wouldn't want to die soon enough to see him fail at winning her back." His voice was cold as he spoke the last words.

NnightStalker
03-17-2015, 09:44 PM
Sheeria smiled, "Sneaky, sneaky. Very nice indeed. Yes I will train you, but you should also do some research, after all if you know your enemy, it's easier to defeat them is it not?" She said smiling slyly at her apprentice. She pulled out a pair of daggers for her apprentice to train with. "These will be your tools of destruction, you can use them to end life but to also give life. We hunters rely on these to save our lives and strike from the shadows."

tortesstheshark
03-17-2015, 10:08 PM
Dakota took the daggers from Sheeria and he smiled, "it will be easy to get information on him." He said admiring the daggers. He looked down at himself, "do you have anything I can hold them in, I don't think my pockets will work."

Kayden threw Dakota's jacket on the ground enraged at both him and Calvin. She had been expecting to hear a scuffle, though she knew Calvin would win. She had been hoping that Calvin would have come talk to her, though they had always fought physically to resolve issues. Kayden sighed heavily, "what I want will never be." She played with her father's necklace wondering if she would ever be able to go back on deck while Calvin was there.

NnightStalker
03-17-2015, 10:17 PM
Sheeria pulled out a cloak and light armor body armor that also had some dagger sheaths in it. "You will wear this every day, you will be expected to clean it every night before you go to sleep. As well tell me how you plan to gather information, because the best way is to get information without them realizing that they're giving you information." Sheeria said smiling and amused as she walked in a circle around him, helping him put the armor on.

((http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/058/b/f/br02_armor_breastplate_by_korreon-d5wf7b0.jpg
https://img1.etsystatic.com/002/1/7551316/il_fullxfull.405351091_hj7s.jpg))

((Calvin: http://infinityblade.com/images/universe-items/Armor_117.png))

tortesstheshark
03-17-2015, 10:22 PM
"Kayden needs comforting, and when she's ready, she will tell me everything," he said. "She has already told me much about herself without realizing it. She clings to my jacket though when I gave it to her she had only met me once, she screamed at him but was confused at herself for screaming at him telling me that they grew up as neighbors. He didn't tell her he loved her until she was about to leave, he's reserved but extremely strong and determined because he is going to be the kings champion. He's here for her, but he won't admit it to himself or anyone else." He sheathed the daggers and looked at the armor he and Sheeria had put on him.

NnightStalker
03-17-2015, 10:28 PM
"Hmmm the king's champion you say? You should be careful around him them, for even though he is not a guardian, the king's champions have been known to beat even the strongest guardians, in the past it has taken, several shields, hunters, and priests all working together in order to take down a champion of the human king. Not to mention they're the only ones who are aware that we fight the void army. That's probably why he is on this boat with us, the old champion is probably taking him to fight void creatures. It will be interesting to see how he does. Now tell me, is this too snug?" Sheeria stood back and admired her apprentice and how he looked in the armor.

tortesstheshark
03-17-2015, 10:54 PM
Dakota moved around a little to make sure it was loose enough, "no, it's quite fine," he said. He held out his arms to fully show the extent of the armor and the cloak, his daggers peaking out from under the cloak on either side of him. "Well?" He asked cautiously.

Kayden placed her father's necklace around her neck and wiped away the straggling tears that were left. She stood and gathered herself making it so that she had a normal - ish looking face. She walked up the stairs and headed straight for Rylouth. "I believe I have more training that I need to do." She said coldly purposefully not looking in the directions of either Calvin or Dakota.

NnightStalker
03-17-2015, 11:03 PM
Sheeria walked over and ran one hand along his cheek, "Mmm rather handsome if I do say so myself. However this will do seeing as how you are my apprentice. Now pull out your daggers and give them a good look."

Rylouth looked up at his apprentice. "Indeed you do, is that supposed to be your normal face? Come sit down. I think it is time you learned the art of meditation." He patted the spot in front of him, motioning for her to sit down in front of him and in his sitting position.

Calvin's own mentor, the current Champion walked over to him and handed him a sword. "Are you ready for a daily spar?" Calvin looked at his sword then looked at Kayden and back to his mentor. "Both me and my anger are ready." With that he threw aside the sword his mentor gave him and pulled out his own sword unsheathing it. As did his mentor as they got ready to spar.

tortesstheshark
03-17-2015, 11:11 PM
Dakota pulled out his daggers and admired them for a long period of time, "beautiful things they are," he whispered softly. He held both in one hand while stroking the blades of each with the other being extremely careful not to cut himself.

Kayden sat in front of Rylouth in the same position he was careful to mimic him. She took a deep breath as she closed her swollen eyes, "I will let him protect me," she told Rylouth quietly. "But he must do it from a distance. I can't possibly concentrate on my training while getting glared at by both him and Dakota." She looked at him with hurt deep within her eyes, "how do I meditate."

NnightStalker
03-17-2015, 11:25 PM
"Glaring at you? Please both of those boys are in love with you and will lay their lives down for you. As for meditating, you kind of just sit here, with your eyes closed, focusing on the world around you. Listen to the sounds at the boat lurches against the waves, and listen as the waves hit against the hull. Listen to my breathing and listen to your breathing. I can sense the pain inside you, tell me, why do you hurt?"

"Careful, they're sharp enough that they can slice steel, armor almost like it's butter." Sheeria continued to walk circles around her apprentice, still admiring his looks and thinking of how deadly he will be in the future.

Calvin and his mentor started sparring.

tortesstheshark
03-17-2015, 11:55 PM
"Why do I hurt?" Kayden repeated and sighed heavily, once again closing her eyes. "I hurt because I am being torn in half by my first love and best friend, as well as the other boy who loves me. I feel like I have to choose between the boy my father trusted and the one who's been the kindest." She listened to the waves lapping against the sides of the boat slowly rocking it back and forth. She let herself sway with the boat gently, "I am hurt because I am hurting myself," she said indefinitely.

Dakota chuckled, "these daggers are the most beautiful of small deadly creations as all daggers are." He turned them back and forth in his hands once again being very careful not to cut himself on them. He had handled such weapons before as the brilliant scars on his hands that seemed to only be noticeable now showed.

NnightStalker
03-18-2015, 12:04 AM
"So you're punishing the both of them because you don't know who to choose? Choose both. I do not know why you think that you must only focus on one. Better question, one will live forever, another one will live maybe only a hundred years at his most possible best. That's assuming that he even lives that long. Normally that would make it a clear choice for most people. We tend to decide that those who have a temporary amount of time are more important to us."

Sheeria pulled her own daggers out, which had green tips due to them being laced with poison. "So do you think you're ready to learn how to fight?" Sheeria asks watching him.

tortesstheshark
03-18-2015, 12:11 AM
"I am not trying to punish both of them, Calvin has brought this upon himself, and I will speak to Dakota later." She opened her eyes and looked in Calvin direction to see him sparing with someone. "Why is he here, I can see the insignia on the armor he's wearing and that looks like the champion. Why is he here sir." Kayden asked looking back at Rylouth.

"I'm a very poor fighter ma'am, the men hated me for it though I wasn't very able with a sword." He took stance with the daggers in case she decided to strike at him. He could defend himself well, but he couldn't strike well enough with the sword that's what made the men angry, because in all of the spars they had, he never fell.

NnightStalker
03-18-2015, 12:19 AM
She was in front of him and then she started to multiply, more and more forms of her started to appear until there were four forms of her around him. "Lesson one, learning to see whats real and what isn't. The world is full of illusions, as a hunter it's important we see past them because we're also often thieves and, illusions are a great defense against thieves."

Rylouth watched her still. "He does deserves anger, however can you really be angry at him for also trying to keep his promise? As for why he is here, well you should ask him. I know why, but it's not my place to tell you. All I can tell you is that insignia you see, represents the king's champion, the person he is fighting is the current champion. Now close your eyes again and focus on meditating."

tortesstheshark
03-18-2015, 03:12 AM
"Four forms including the real one," Dakota said more to himself than anyone else, "all clearly identical but with their own differences, particularly the color of green on the tips of your daggers." He stood looking carefully at each one and pointed to the one on the left of him. "I believe this is an illusion."

"I don't want to speak with him," she said coldly closing her eyes again, "like I said before he brought this upon himself, and he will have to fix it himself. I will allow him to protect me but from a distance until he decides he wants to be close to me again." She could hear the swords clashing together as she focused on just that, wondering if she had gotten into a physical fight with him, if she would have even made it a few seconds before he had bested her.

NnightStalker
03-18-2015, 03:15 AM
"I'm sure in time he will prove that he should have your trust. You think of forgiveness as something that has to be earned, however trust is what you're really thinking about. We learn to forgive everyone for who they are, however it is trust that one must really earn, if they want to get back into our hearts."

Sheeria smiled, "If you believe that it is an illusion, strike it down and we'll see what happens."

tortesstheshark
03-18-2015, 03:26 AM
"How can't I forgive him if I can't trust him," Kayden sighed, "how am I supposed to forgive him when he threw my heart on the ground and stomped on it." Her voice grew heavy with the possible onset of tears that she held back.

Dakota looked down at his feet, "ma'am I've never been taught the proper way to strike, I only know how to defend until my opponent is tired of trying to push me down." He said embarrassed.

NnightStalker
03-18-2015, 03:52 AM
"You can forgive him because you did the exact same thing. You threw his heart on the ground and crushed it when you chose to keep your promise and join us instead of being with him. Just like he threw your heart on the ground and crushed it when he chose to not support you and to try and keep his promise to protect you. In that moment of time, both of you did the exact same time, you hurt the other one in order to keep a promise."

Sheeria smiled sly. "I don't care, if you think that one is fake I want you to attack it, building form comes later."

tortesstheshark
03-18-2015, 03:58 AM
"Fine," Kayden said angrily, "I will talk to him when I don't feel like ripping his throat out." She growled and ground her teeth trying to focus on keeping her eyes closed.

Dakota struck out clumsily at the form of Sheeria he had pointed to earlier hoping that it was indeed fake.

NnightStalker
03-18-2015, 05:44 AM
The image simply disappeared, "Good you thought that it was indeed a fake, now what about the other three, which one of us is real?"

Rylouth simply watching and kept an eye on his apprentice, hoping that she will get control of her anger.

tortesstheshark
03-18-2015, 07:36 PM
Dakota looked around and swiped at the one to the right of him, another that had a strange color of green on the tip of the knife.

Kayden took a deep breath, trying to clear her mind and make room for better emotions. She listened to the clanging of swords, wondering what she would say to Calvin if she was able to talk to him again.

NnightStalker
03-18-2015, 09:06 PM
As another image was stabbed, it too disappeared, leaving only two images left. "Well now there is only two of us, which one of us is real and which one is fake, you have a fifty fifty shot of stabbing the real one."

tortesstheshark
03-18-2015, 09:17 PM
Dakota studied each image carefully hoping not to stab at Sheeria seeing as how he doubted he would like the consequences that came with it. He looked at the daggers noticing a slight difference in the hilts hoping that he was going for the right one he struck it.

NnightStalker
03-18-2015, 09:33 PM
When he stabbed again the image went away. She watched him, and thought for a second. "Good but also bad. Now I want you to lunge at me again, and put your weight into it." She said eyeing him carefully.

tortesstheshark
03-18-2015, 09:37 PM
"What?" He asked taken back. He had never lunged at anyone, only held his ground in fights. He sighed knowing that he had to trust her and he lunged. He threw all of his weight into this lunge and it seemed like he was never going to learn how to do it.

NnightStalker
03-18-2015, 09:41 PM
as he hit, her form disappeared again showing that all of them were illusions. "A test that would seem like one can't fail yet one still can. They were all illusions and while you were busy trying to figure out which ones were the fake ones, you weren't trying to figure out which one was the real one, which is the critical mistake."

tortesstheshark
03-18-2015, 09:45 PM
Dakota looked around stunned and nodded. He had forgetting to think about if there even was a real one, and that had led to him failing his test. "So how do I tell which is real and which is fake ma'am?" He asked still looking for her.

NnightStalker
03-18-2015, 10:09 PM
"That's for you to figure out, not for me to just ruin the fun and tell you right away because you failed once. No no no, you have to figure it out on your own, or else you won't make a very good hunter if someone has to constantly hold your hand.

tortesstheshark
03-18-2015, 10:17 PM
Dakota nodded as he finally spotted Sheeria. "Time for round two?" He asked and smiled. He looked in Kayden's direction to see her sitting in front of Rylouth.

Kayden opened her eyes and looked at Rylouth, "I think I've calmed down now." She said blinking a few times to get her vision corrected.

NnightStalker
03-18-2015, 10:30 PM
"And now that you're calm what are you going to do? Are you going to talk to Calvin or are you going to talk to Dakota?" Rylouth said, keeping his eyes closed as he listened for an answer.

Sheeria watched her apprentice, "I want you to practice stabbing the side of this rail."

tortesstheshark
03-18-2015, 10:36 PM
"Calvin seems to still be sparring, Dakota seems to be in his own training, and I still have training to do. I would like to see what a Katana feels like if I get the chance but I realize there are other things that need to be done." She said looking longingly in Calvins direction.

"Won't Kayden's mentor be angry if I stab the ship?" Dakota asked before even attempting to.

NnightStalker
03-18-2015, 11:54 PM
"Rylouth? No he'll be fine, this ship has been destroyed and rebuilt more times than he can count."

"Go to Calvin, we'll have plenty of time to train later. I bet he'll take a break if you ask him if he can stop for a few minutes to talk." Rylouth said amused.

tortesstheshark
03-18-2015, 11:57 PM
Dakota looked at her concerned but he sighed and nodded, "yes ma'am," he whispered and struck at the ship.

"I don't know if I should go over there when he has a sword in his hands. Most of our fights were dealt with after we got into physical ones and it doesn't look like I would win this time." Kayden said though she wanted to talk with Calvin.

NnightStalker
03-19-2015, 12:02 AM
"So you're afraid to lose once, even when its you who may be in the wrong? Besides I would wager a guess that in the one week he has spent training, he is at least, a little bit different than he was when you left." Rylouth said wisely.

tortesstheshark
03-19-2015, 12:05 AM
Kayden looked back at Rylouth with tears welling in her eyes. "I know I was wrong, but I'm still angry with him. I'm still concerned that losing that fight would mean losing him forever." She said and looked back at Calvin, "I already thought I had lost him forever once. No, I will go over there but I won't ask him to pause his sparing. I will simply tell him that when he is done he can find me in the lower deck."

NnightStalker
03-19-2015, 12:37 AM
"And he will stop right then and there in order to talk to you, just because he can. No matter how you phrase it, he will stop whatever he is doing to talk and work this out with you. Now go my apprentice, and see that you make this right as rain." Rylouth said still amused at the drama that came with being young.

tortesstheshark
03-19-2015, 01:15 AM
Kayden nodded and stood up, "I'll just tell him I'll be downstairs if he wants to talk." She turned to walk away but paused for a moment, "thank you sir," she said and walked towards Calvin. She stopped and watched for a moment.

NnightStalker
03-19-2015, 01:44 AM
Calvin put his hand up to signal to the champion that they needed to take a break. Calvin then sheathed his sword and looked over at Kayden. "So are you finally ready to talk? Or are you just going to yell at me some more, because personally, I could without the yelling."

tortesstheshark
03-19-2015, 01:49 AM
She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, "I'm ready to talk," she said and opened her eyes again. "If you want to finish your sparring I will be downstairs reading." She turned before she could show the tears once again trying to take over her eyes and she walked downstairs.

NnightStalker
03-19-2015, 02:33 AM
Calvin looked to his mentor who nodded back at him, signaling for him to go to her. Calvin then followed her down the stairs into the ship into the private room that they had been given. He sat on the bed opposite of her. "So you're ready to talk. Shall I start or would you just like to ask questions, or what?"

tortesstheshark
03-19-2015, 02:52 AM
"You could start off with how you managed to get the kings insignia on that fancy set of armor you're wearing." She said doing her best to hide her face away in anything. Dakota's jacket was still on the floor in a crumpled pile by her bed.

NnightStalker
03-19-2015, 03:09 AM
"Well I signed up for the army, and for some reason the king took an interest in me and has decided that I am to be trained to be the next King's Champion. That would be the reasoning of why the champion is here as well, he's my mentor so to speak." Calvin said noticing the jacket that belonged to Dakota and it sent thoughts through his head, but he hid them well.

tortesstheshark
03-19-2015, 03:44 AM
Kayden took the jacket from the floor and stashed it under her pillow still not facing Calvin directly. "Yes, but why did you join the army Calvin," she asked slightly irritated. "I thought that when I left I had lost you forever and then all of the sudden you show up here, unannounced. I thought you wanted nothing to do with this after seeing all of the others disappear from our little neighborhood."

NnightStalker
03-19-2015, 03:54 AM
"People come back from the army all the time, it's the guardians I want nothing to do with, they're the ones who take people who die without ever seeing their loved ones again. As for joining, well I joined because I wanted to show you what a mistake you made, that you should have stayed with me. Plus it would give me the chance of maybe being able to convince you to come back so that I could continue to protect you." Calvin said, watching her every move.

tortesstheshark
03-19-2015, 03:58 AM
"I haven't made a mistake Calvin, I have chosen to keep the promise I made and you have chosen to keep yours. I will continue to keep my promise until my dying breath and you will have to accept that." Her voice stayed calm and steady though her hands twitched ever once in a while. "If you don't chose to accept that then I will just have to live without you, and you will have to protect me from a distance."

NnightStalker
03-19-2015, 04:51 AM
"I choose to let you carry out your promise, even though you always told me that your promise was to join the knights.... or.... the guardians... Though you should know, me being here was not by choice, I had thought that I failed my promise and I was prepared to live my life with never seeing you again. I hope now though, permitted the future allows us to, that maybe we can be together."

tortesstheshark
03-19-2015, 05:39 AM
"Calvin," Kayden's voice was full of surprise. "I..." She shook her head tears falling down that she had been trying to hold back. She started to fidget with Dakota's jacket and then she threw it again realizing what she was doing.

NnightStalker
03-19-2015, 05:43 AM
"Listen you have time to think it over, I'm coming with you guys up to the mountains and then after that we're all heading back down. So you know, you have until we dock at one of the southern cities to answer me. That should be plenty of time, just remember, I will do anything to protect you and keep my promise." With that Calvin was about to stand up but then he leaned forward and kissed her. After that he then stood up and went back to the top deck.

tortesstheshark
03-19-2015, 05:46 AM
Kayden sat still shocked by the kiss and she just watched him as he walked upstairs. She took a few moments to compose herself again before she went back up to talk to Rylouth knowing he would be more than amused.

NnightStalker
03-19-2015, 05:48 AM
Rylouth watched his apprentice come back up and couldn't wait to here what dirt and what the scoop was. He waved her over and patted the ground for her to sit in front of him in the meditative position again. "Soooooooo...... how'd it go youngling?"

tortesstheshark
03-19-2015, 06:29 AM
Kayden sat in front of him and looked up confused. "He told me why he was here, and that he wanted to be with me, and then he kissed me..." She shook her head before looking back at Rylouth.

NnightStalker
03-19-2015, 10:18 AM
"Hmmm interesting... and what do you plan to do? I mean after all, Dakota wants you really bad, and seeing as how Sheeria is training him. No doubt he looking for any way to break off the relationship between you and Calvin so that he can have you." Rylouth said amused with all the drama that could come with young people.

tortesstheshark
03-19-2015, 07:28 PM
"I don't know what I plan to do sir." Kayden said shaking her head. "Not too long ago I thought I would be with Dakota and that I would never see Calvin again, and now here he is. I don't know how I'm supposed to react to that."

NnightStalker
03-19-2015, 08:16 PM
"Well guardians are known for making the right choice among impossible decisions. I have a feeling that whatever decision you come to, it'll be the right one. Just one thing. Wait to make the decision but don't wait until the last second. If you wait till the last second, you never know what might bring it sooner than you expected."

tortesstheshark
03-19-2015, 08:24 PM
"I have until we dock at one of the southern cities again after being at the mountain to make my decision of being with Calvin or not," Kayden said looking first at Calvin, and then at Dakota. "I think though, that since Dakota and I will live until we are killed, that I will more than likely choose Calvin since he won't live nearly as long as us."

NnightStalker
03-19-2015, 10:58 PM
"Believe it or not, we guardians do have a time frame when it comes to age, we technically live forever however at a certain age we leave the order and we go to the homeland of our enemies and fight until we die. Mostly because at that age, the taint of our enemies has taken such a hold that, by being there we're no danger to our homes and family."

tortesstheshark
03-20-2015, 12:43 AM
Kayden looked back to Calvin, "I think I should be with Calvin anyway. I have a feeling that I would regret not being with my first love for as long as time will allow." Her words were soft and caring for she had missed him when she thought she would never see him again.

NnightStalker
03-20-2015, 12:58 AM
"Well you should probably alert Dakota to this, it would do him some good to not go chasing tail when he has no chance of getting it at all." Rylouth said amused still, even more so since he knew Sheeria was placing bets on Dakota while he himself was placing them on Calvin. Now it seemed he would win.

tortesstheshark
03-20-2015, 01:09 AM
"I will speak with Dakota later, he knee that if Calvin came back there was probably going to be a chance that I would choose Calvin over him." Kayden said before looking back at Rylouth, "may I continue my training now?"

NnightStalker
03-20-2015, 01:22 AM
"No, it is better if you speak with him now instead of later. If you don't tell him now, that will only get his hopes up as he gives chase. If he gives chase it will only hurt him more when you tell him later because it will appear as if you led him along when you knew you weren't going to choose him."

tortesstheshark
03-20-2015, 01:30 AM
"Yes fine, and then can I get back to my training please?" Kayden's voice had a slight bit of annoyance. She got up and walked over to Dakota who was still slashing at the ship. "Ma'am may I borrow Dakota for a moment. It won't take very long."

NnightStalker
03-20-2015, 01:53 AM
"Yes then we may continue." Rylouth said as his apprentice got up to go talk to Dakota.

Sheeria looked at Kayden as she approached. "I guess you may, assuming that it is your mentor who sent you here. He must have a reason for having you distract my apprentice. You may take him, bring him back soon though."

tortesstheshark
03-20-2015, 02:00 AM
Kayden nodded, "thank you ma'am." With that her and Dakota went below to their quarters. "Dakota you asked me to be with you and I told you that I would have to think about it." Dakota sighed, "I take it I'm not going to like the answer seeing as how my jacket is on the ground," he said as he picked it up. "You knew this would be a possibility if Calvin came back." She said carefully. He nodded as he sat on the bed he had claimed. "You deserve someone who will treat you right Kayden, he's an arrogant prick as I said earlier." Kayden glared at Dakota, "be careful with your words Dakota, I will also be asking you to not put yourself in between Calvin and I. If you do I will never choose you, not even if we don't make it." Dakota glared right back but softened his look almost immediately, "I understand. Now I have to go back to my training and you yours. Will you still talk to me though, I would love to continue to see your beautiful smile." Dakota's voice carried sorrow, and Kayden nodded. Dakota went back to Sheeria and struck the ship hard with his daggers. "He wins for now."

NnightStalker
03-20-2015, 02:05 AM
Sheeria smiled at the strength he used when stabbing this time. "Good, good. Use your anger to your advantage. Think about different ways that he could 'accidentally' die. We are hunters, thieves, diplomats, spies, and most importantly, assassins. Learn to hide in the shadows, so that when he is in the perfect place for it to be an 'accident' you can strike. Or you can choose to set yourself up, and save him from his 'accident'. Which in turn may win her over to you instead."

tortesstheshark
03-20-2015, 02:08 AM
"I think that I would rather him die from said 'accident' so that she doesn't go back to him." Dakota struck hard again fueling his anger. He continued to strike with suck passion that the ship cracked where he continuously struck.

Kayden walked back to Rylouth and sat in front of him once more. "He's obviously furious with me." She said angrily.

NnightStalker
03-20-2015, 02:23 AM
"With you? Hah I doubt said." Rylouth said while chuckling slightly. "Oh no he is pissed at Calvin not you, he understands your position completely. That doesn't mean he has to be happy with Calvin coming and taking the girl he likes a lot."

"Go and rest my apprentice, it is getting late and you have used a lot of energy today." Sheeria said to Dakota.

tortesstheshark
03-20-2015, 02:37 AM
Kayden simply shook her head and sighed. "What's my next training exercise, or are we still practicing meditation?" She asked closing her eyes at the cracking sound the ship made.

"Yes ma'am," Dakota said sheathing his daggers and walking down below. He picked up his jacket and inhaled deeply noticing that it smelled almost like a rose. He sighed heavily, curled up with his jacket, and quickly fell asleep.

NnightStalker
03-20-2015, 07:13 AM
"Meditation, is one of the most important things a Guardian can know, without it, we're unable to find the balance we need in life and war. So yes you will continue to practice meditation, in fact every day when you awake, you will wake up earlier than everyone else. Precisely, half an hour earlier, you will then use that half an hour to meditate. Do you understand?" Rylouth said watching her.

tortesstheshark
03-20-2015, 06:33 PM
Kayden kept her eyes closed and nodded, "I understand," she said quietly. "There is a weird sound though, and I can't quite place it." She cocked her head to the side trying to be able to hear it better but she still couldn't tell where it was coming from.