PDA

View Full Version : Paint the world and sing it to life

ForgetTheScene
09-13-2010, 04:32 AM
Okay, so this is based off a role play Zanna and I are doing. It became REALLY fun ((mostly because 99 percent of the time we were roleplaying we were really hyper xD)), and it's really interesting. I'd love to do it with more people, and with a deeper plot and backstory.

It'll take a while, and it may be a bit lengthy, but please bear with me, especially if you're the type of "Rawr, conformity I hate you" person....thing. :3

Next post~

ForgetTheScene
09-13-2010, 04:46 AM
Twenty years in the future...

Earth was invaded by aliens. There were no wars, no deaths, no threats, but a deal between the Humans and what is known as The Alliance.
The Humans would get the latest in the galactical technologies, cures for disease, the end of the economic downfalls in the world, ending of wars, hunger, and all the things that plague the Earth. And the price?
Color, Music, and the ability to think on your own.

The world fell apart, and only a small handful realized it. The ones that realized it were always the odd ones out; the freaks, the geeks, the nerds, the outcasts, the wierdos, the crazies. Many tried to warn the Humans, telling them what would happen. But no one listened.

Stripped of Music, slowly, slowly the bonds between humans, insects, animals, and nature dissolved, leaving everything weaker, easier to control, and easier to kill. Without color, everything lost its meaning. Nothing had a name, nothing had a title. And nothing had a purpose in life other than to accomplish the goals others set for them.

Few Humans could fight it. Most of them lost their identities, their wills to fight. Their Song, and their Color, and without it were allowed to be controlled by anyone. So the Allies took control. They were quiet about it, sneaky, not letting any hint of what they were doing leak out. They struck from the bottom and moved up. The least significant of the Humans were taken first, slowly going up the social and political ladders of the world until everyone was taken.

Everyone but a few.

This small band of people from all around the world called themselves The Uprisal. They were the ones that, as soon as the Allies came, knew something was wrong, knew that they meant trouble. They resisted their control through suicide, hiding, escape, and by fighting. They kept Music alive, singing, playing instruments, creating music together and in secret, secretly painting small, unknown and insignificant parts of the world, acting as one, but as individuals. They were small but strong because of their Individuality, Color, and Songs.

ForgetTheScene
09-13-2010, 04:56 AM
I know, fail on the plot, but bear with me, it's most likely cooler than it seems. :3

Rules and such...!?
Surprise surprise.
There are rules and such ((auch nein!!!)).
*Creativity. It is required. Please have some.
*Open-mindedness. It is also required. Please have some of this, too.
*Awesomeness. What am I saying? We're roleplayers. Our awesomeness is already deadly. :3
*I don't want 2238683067 billion Uprisal peeps and, like...two Allies, and one Generic ((will explain all this)), try to keep stuff reasonable. Mostly Allies and Generics, and a few Uprisal peeps ((I will often reffer to them as Fighters)), but not....horribly proportioned. I hope this makes sense. >3<;;;
*I hope to have fight scenes. And a lot, too, I find them fun~ But...please be realistic. The Uprisal aren't the best equipped fighters, and they're not trained soldiers. If there are any trained soldiers in the Uprisal before joining the Uprisal, it'd be...odd. So, yeah. Feel free to assume on a few things, though, I kinda want to see how people work with this...
*Be tolerant and accepting of others. This may or may not be needed in the rule list here, but...yeah. xD Getting insulted horribly at ten years of age because you're not the most literate of writers actually affects you later on. Like this. xD **fail**
*Okay, so, in the original RP ((with me and Zanna)), we were using fandom characters, magical abilities, and fifty-million different races. I'm sorry to say that that isn't the case for this role play. ): No fandoms, no random magic. The "magical" stuff could be the magical epicness of hardcore alien weapons, as long as no one goes overboard with this.
*Okay. I'm not the best writer. So I really don't care about if you're the best writer in the world or not. Just...do your own thing. >o<;;

ForgetTheScene
09-13-2010, 05:14 AM
Character types!!

Okay, so if I wasn't a developer of the plot, I'd be like "WTH is going on? What are you smoking!?!?!?" right about now. So, in case anyone else is like that....I don't smoke, for one. And I'll tell you some stuff 'bout the different types of characters 'n' such, because I love you<3 Well, not really. I'm not a people-person. :D I DO LOVE PEOPLE, THOUGH. LIKE MY FRIENDS that was off topic. Bear with me. Short attention span tonightttt. :3

The Allies
Emotionless other than cold/rude, except to each other, where there is respect. Colored as though they have stepped right out of an old-fasioned black-and-white movie. Generally look forlorn or thouroughly irritated, and it shows in their voices. They don't talk verbally, it's more of telepathy. Dress the same, with few differences between them.

Generics/Averages
These are the Humans that aren't in the Uprisal. Also reffered to as Clones, lame-os, and other such nonsense by the Uprisal ((feel free to think up your own, I could do with a few new insults ;D)). All look relatively similar depending on their class.
Public: Think of working./middle class people. They would be considered as the "lower class". They do the grunt work of the Humans, manufacturing, grownig/processing food, keeping everything going.
Soldiers: The people who are sent out to fight the Uprisal if the Allies believe they will be dangerous. May/may not be used, depending on where the role play goes.

So, yeah, two classes, and both are slaves to the Allies. There are people lower than the Public, but they're still part of the Public. Soldiers aren't part of the Public only when they're actively fighting, and they receive no rewards, privelages, honors, or anything that the Public gets. Often, people in the Public viewed as somehow "better" than the others are taken as Pets by the Allies, and are spoiled, groomed, and are the most hated by most of the Uprisal because of it.

The Uprisal((or the Fighters))
Use creativity. There are nearly no limits to the Uprisal. You can create your Uprisal characters based on culture, your current employment or education place, whatever comes to mind. Some born as Fighters((meaning they were born after the Uprisal was started)), some have been with the Uprisal from the beginning, but no one really knows who originally started the Uprisal, or if they're even still alive. No Allies, only Humans.

If there are any questions, just ask, and I shall answer. And stuff. WOO, UPRISAL~
I need Zanna to join, just for this RP. xD

ForgetTheScene
09-13-2010, 05:46 AM
Charrie profiles and such...yes, I say "charrie" :3

I say "charrie" because I'm awesome, and it's just what I've called characters since I started role playing. :D

If you plan to be generic ((not A Generic)), you can follow this;;

Name;;
Age;;
Gender;;
Race;; Human/Ally, and no, I haven't actually came up with the name for the Allies' race. I'm getting to that~
Apperance;; hair/eye color ((Allies can have hair, yes)), attire ((will get into specific attire soon)), and hight, weight, etc.
Personality;; For the Uprisal. The Allies and the Generics are kinda all the same and such.
((if you're lazy)) Uprisal, Ally, or Generic;;

Specifics

((You can do these, the generic one above, or both, up to you))
Allies:
Name;;
Age;;
Appearance;; ((they are Humanoid)) hair/eye color, outfit ((all the same jumpsuit, either gray{{Ally ver. of the Public}}, white{{Ally ver. of Soldiers}}, or black{{governmental leaders/people with high statuses in general}}
Personality;; ((optional))
Special abilities;; ((nothing too...odd)) speed, intelligence ((weapons designer? Battle strategist? You get it)), strength, etc. No magical fantasy stuff, and don't go overboard on the whole "OMG ALIENZ!!!111!!1" thing.
Other: Not every Ally comes out unscathed from other planets. Scars/markings can go either here, or in their appearance.

Generics:
Name:
Apperance: Hair/eye color etc., clothing ((same as Allies, but minus black, and with a belt about the waist))
Gender: ((Allies have none because they're created in labs, not born, nowadays. Overpopulation crisis, I imagine it to be one horrible, twisted future of the Earth's I may plot))
Personality: ((not too much, since they're basically mindslaves of the Allies))
Class: Public, Public/Soldier, or Public/Pet))
Skills/special abilities: ((skills being what they do in their work, abilities anything special, like if they're a scientist, inventor, etc., or if they're a Pet any reason why they're a Pet))
Other: ((anything you may think of, but no...wierd pasts or special abilities.))

Uprisal/Fighters:
Name;;
Age;;
Appearance: ((Use all your creativity you have in your entire BEING...or however much you use in your RPs. Prefferably a lot. xD;;))
Gender: ((if they've gotten a gender change, feel free to put...Generics with gender changes are killed if they're found out, due to the fact that it's considered odd to the Allies and could very well be a source of individuality))
Personalites: ((OMG, yes :)))
Skills/Abilities: ((intelligence, singer, artist, etc.))
Other: ((whatever you can think off, but nothing unrealistic.))

Feel free to add/take away things in your lists if you feel the need to/want to, I'd like to see what you do with them. :3 I, personally, may add some random stuff, but maybe not, it's not exactly relevent.
Feel free to use more than one character, but don't use 579756 trillion charries, that hurts my brain when peolpe do that. Dx **is not smart, if you haven't noticedd**
I'd actually preffer more than one charrie per person if ratios are way off. I will possibly double, and triple if needed. But I haven't RPed off a one on one in a while, so quadrupaling, etc. would be really hard for me. Except in one on ones, but my characters poof in and out frequently.

John
09-13-2010, 11:20 PM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975)or put your RP in The Spotlight (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=306170#post306170) to help attract players?

Hunter
09-19-2010, 06:41 PM
Tell Me If I Did Anything Wrong,Kay?

Name;; Maya Lunar

Age;; 19

Appearance: Maya has black straight hair that goes down to her elbows.She has a side fringe that goes down to her eye-lashes and layers around her hair with with high lights in the very tip of her hair.She has fair skin and bright blue eyes.She normally wears a gray sleeve-less top and another white top underneath.Her skinny jeans are also gray with a hint of blue.She always wears her black worn out converse She has a black tattoo on her left hand,between the end of her thumb to her wrist.Her tattoo is a treble clef (G Clef) with two small dots beside it.It reminds her to never give up on music.Her most of her nails are long,when she gets too scared she starts biting them,leaving some as short as possible.She has a necklace that she never takes off.She had already forgotten who she got it from but it is a white chained necklace with a silver cross and a red pendant in the middle.She assumed that it was given to her by someone important.

Personalities: Maya is a quite person.She doesn't talk very much and is always terrible at socializing.She is smart,though she never shows it.Normally,she would hide or run from battles and couldn't bring herself to kill anyone.She is always alone but never really liked it at start,but once everyone she trusted and loved turned into 'zombies' as what she calls them,she got used to it.Every time she is feeling too lonely sings quietly and happily to herself brighten her day..Usually she rarely trusts no one and the type of person to keep everything to herself and tend to be mostly curious.

Skills/Abilities: She mostly sings and could play the guitar , piano and violin , but , she hasn't touched any of those instruments since three years ago.She always hums or sings silently to herself.Maya Could draw,not sure is she can anymore.All the drawings she does on walls never seemed to be colored and most of her sketches are black and white normally only shading

Other:
(If Weapons Are Allowed..But If Not,Than Just Cut This Part Off)

Though Maya always runs away from battle,she keep a small dagger by her side,normally it is hidden from plain sight.

(BTW I'm not online in weekdays,feel free to start without me.)

The Imposter
09-20-2010, 03:48 AM
I don't want to be asking dumb questions but does anything actually have eye colour or hair colour?

Name;; Seif

Age;; 34

Appearance;; Seif stands at 6'6 with hair that drapes past his shoulders. His long face concludes at his pointed chin which is often reflects a blank, almost sad expression. His tall slender build and height cause his body to look slightly unproportioned. His regular attire reflects his postion among the Alliance government. The black suit fits snug around Seif's body with a rather small overcoat on top of it. Long black boots finish the awkward ensemble.

Personality;; Seif appears to be brutally cold even to others close to his position. Perhaps because of his superb cunning he has placed himself higher than even those that he conspires with. Extremely manipulative almost to the point it would appear that he revels in creating his schemes to be as devilish as possible.

Special abilities;; Seif's intelligence is truly a gift from God if such an entity did exist. His depth of thought and ability to create such plots and plans only give rise to the idea of a grand imagination. Such thought provoking mind power leaves many to suspect that Seif may have another agenda of his own.

Other: Seif's main weapon is his mind (although by human standards he is by no means frail) and his position currently is directed to creating plots to capture or destroy The Uprisal. He is driven to manifest his dominance over other living creatures whether human or otherwise with physical prowess. This complex is caused because despite his advantages over humanity his body is seen as frail to others of his kind.

Mattie2009
09-20-2010, 04:24 PM
Why is it that reading the story for this RP gives me EBA flashbacks?

thesouleater
09-26-2010, 02:12 AM
COOL. :D

Name;; Jackson Marey
Age;; 25
Appearance: Jack has bright blue hair, which he frequently colours it that way. He normally puts it up in a fohawk. His eyes are a bright green. He often sports neon coloured skinny jeans and a baggy, bright coloured shirt. His shoes are old, beaten up military boots that are worn loosely laced. He basicly looks like a rainbow, but as a human. He wears a binder underneith his clothes.
Personalites: Jack is extremely open minded. He supports all homosexual right and all the odd things. He's normally a happy dude, but is serious when he needs to be.
Skills/Abilities: Jack is a skilled writer and drawer. He often paints on walls, trying to bring colour back to the world.
Other: Jack carries around a backpack that holds a paint set with easily over 30 colours. The backpack also holds a laptop (along with its charger) and a knife, which he uses in the case of an attack.

I hope this works?