PDA

View Full Version : |R| Codex

Dire Hoef
02-17-2015, 11:56 PM
Application Modi No.1 |V0.1| |Pre-Reset|

A few things to note before diving into this story. Note the weird title at the top. That's actually the type of book, the version of the book, and the state of the book before or after the Reset [which is basically this version of Homestuck's Scratch]. In this version [0.1] it's the original version and is the vanilla version of this story. However as the story progresses some versions might become corrupt and therefore will need an update and so forth. As for the Application Modi, that's what this story is running on [from a story telling prospective]. Now you should be briefly informed on what that title means in terms of storytelling. Enjoy the story!

… Loading Access File
… Accepting Data Request
… Entrance File Loaded
… Now Running Entrance File

The temperature was hot and the sun was even hotter. The [moderate] tolerable conditions made for perfect summer weather. However for the likes of a certain boy it was all more than perfect. A boy whom has no idea what sort of adventures awaits him and his friend.

The boy, silently sitting at his desk in his bedroom, eyed the window where the hot air had seeped through moments prior. He had several fans going and it would have made it impossible for the hot air to enter the room as it did just now. The boy was slightly frustrated at this predicament and promptly stood up from his desk and trudged over to the window and lowered to a point where air would be virtually nonexistent. The boy returned to his desk once more to make speech for his friend who was on the other side of the monitor.

The conversations between this boy and his friend have been active since the day the boy left school for the summer. So the topics that were discussed were fairly subpar to occasional conversations spoken about between adults and other older humans.

The boy chuckled towards the monitor as he witnessed his friend speak of joke that was only present to him and no one else [if there were other people with him, but in this case he was all alone in his room]. The boy typed back, but stopped mid-sentence for there was a familiar voice ringing in his ears. His mother. Oh if his mother had not been present for that response it would be slightly inappropriate for a seventeen year old to respond with. The boy looked over his shoulder in slight annoyance as he erased the message and typed, “BRB”.

The boy came up from his desk and trudged to the door regretfully as he looked over his shoulder at the monitor before exiting his room and into the detailed hall before him. He shut the door behind him, and turned to face the staircase that was some ten feet from where he was standing. He then took those ten feet worth of steps and descended the stairs into the living room where the boy’s mother was present with his father, who was quietly sitting on his favorite recliner reading the daily newspaper, “Trojan Weekly”. “Sabastian,” said his mother softly, “I would like you to leave that room immediately and find something to do. It’s summer and you should be hanging out with your friends from school. Why not give them a call?” Sabastian, being the boy’s name, shook his head softly, “I don’t think anyone would hang out with a computer nerd like me. Besides I’m not all that keen on ‘hanging out’ with other people from my school when I barely have any friends who accept me. And the friends I do have are away on trips to their home countries.” Sabastian’s mother felt saddened by his words, “That’s not right Sabastian. You must make more friends. Or else you won’t really get anywhere in life without the need for public affection.” “I don’t think that’s how it works mom,” Sabastian quickly responded, “You’re thinking of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs and I think that since the need for affection is present in that awful diagram I don’t really think that nation should really base such emotions on a dead man from some old civilization.”

“Now listen Sabastian,” said his father speaking up, “It doesn’t matter if you have a lot of friends or very few, you need them whether you like it or not. They’ll look after you when you’re down and make you smile when you need a good day. Don’t mistake them for numbers boy. It’ll only kill you in the end.” Sabastian knew very well of his father’s words, and had knew that they were absolute. Sabastian couldn’t argue with his father for fear of punishment.

Sabastian sighed as he slugged up the stairs, “Fine. I’ll go outside and find some friends.” Sabastian, being the laziest of the family, trudged up the stairs and into his room with a momentary sigh that was loud and benign. Sabastian flopped down upon his bed as he stared at the ceiling intently trying to figure out what to do once he was outside.

Then it struck him. Something that was completely nonexistent to his thoughts had rose from his consciousness and aroused petty thoughts that caused him to turn his head towards his monitor. He quickly came over to his desk and began to converse with his friend once more. While all the same making applicants for strange programs that were beyond the means of ordinary programming.

Minutes of conversation had passed and before long Sabastian had conjured a meeting with his friend for they lived in the same city. This friend was to be something Sabastian had hoped for, but in the stake of price nothing was really worth a penny. The swift movements of the boy were smooth across the hardwood floor as he stepped out the door and into the light of day where his adventure was to begin in the most mundane way possible.