PDA

View Full Version : [IC] Mura

Griphun
09-13-2010, 08:09 PM
McKyle walked quickly through the murmuring crowd. There was much talk about this meeting, an important meeting indeed. McKyle has had dark visions.. visions of an Abyss.. lightning striking the ground repeatedly, a sandstorm that seems to have no end, and a tall dark castle in the middle of it all. In his vision he walks into the dark castle. Torches lit with bright blue flames, the rest of the walls are shrouded in shadow. His boots echoed down the long hallway, along with the sounds of snickering, and claws scratching the walls. Thunder boomed outside the castle, the wind blew through the bricks of the castle.

After what seemed like an eternity, a light came at the end of the hallway, along with the sound of laughter.. a cold-hearted laugh.. It got louder as he drew closer and closer.. The thunder grew louder, and louder.. As soon as he walked into the light at the end of the tunnel everything went quiet. At every turn were demons of all kinds.. big, small, ugly, beautiful.. and the one that stood out was the one at the throne. Her hair was a light grey, with blue flaming eyes, and a wicked smile that will haunt his mind for the rest of his life. “Hello, McKyle.” her voice cut through the air like ice, sending chills down his back. “Looking for this?” she held up a small vial filled with water. McKyle had no idea what she was talking about, but before she said anything, she let out a dark laugh. “You tell the king if he wants it.. he can come and get it!” and with that she threw an enormous blue fire ball straight at McKyle. Before he could react he was hit straight in the chest with the flame, knocking him to the ground. And before everything went black, she gave him a wicked smile and a small wave. “See you soon”

Every night since the war he has had the same dream. That’s why he is here today, to tell the king of this message. Walking closer to the stage people turn to look at him. He looked at them back, but one caught his eye. A woman, but not an ordinary one, she had long flowing silver hair, and a very young and beautiful face. They locked eyes for a quick second, and McKyle snapped himself out of the trance. ‘Must not get distracted..’ he told himself. Almost to the stage, he slowed his pace. ‘This is it McKyle..’ he thought to himself, ‘This is your moment.’ Taking a long breath he stepped out of the crowd towards the stage and bowed to the king. “Sire.” The king motioned him to stand. “Hail, McKyle Strendle, son of William Strendle. I hear you have very important news for me.” There were a few whispers from the crowd behind him. “I do sir, and I don’t think you will like it..”

“I see..” McKyle just finished explaining his vision to the king, and not a sound was heard from anywhere. The king had his chin in his hand, deep in thought, McKyle stood there in front of the stage, head bowed in respect. The crowd had not made a sound since McKyle started speaking, the only sound to be heard were the castle banners blowing in the morning breeze. “McKyle, what you have told me troubles me so. I need time to think of what you have just told me. I will send a messenger to your workshop, and summon you to my throne room. Thank you, McKyle. You might have just saved us from certain doom..” An audible gasp came from the crowd, followed by worried murmuring. The king stood from his throne, his royal guards standing straight in respect. McKyle turned to leave, when the woman he saw shortly before standing in front of the crowd with a worried expression on her face. Again, he dismissed her out of his head and hurried back to his home, which was also his deceased father’s Alchemy shop. ‘I have a feeling this will get worse before it gets better.’ he thought to himself.

Back at his father’s workshop, he tinkered with his new Black Powder Bombs he created for himself during the Orcish Wars, or so it was called. He carried a pouch full of these tiny bombs, but they were far from tiny when ignited. He had been proud of himself for making such an invention, and he hoped his father was too, wherever his father was. Several hours passed when a loud rap came to his door. When he answer a young man, a squire most likely, bowed to him with a parchment in his hand. “Orders from the king, sir!” He bowed again and quickly bounded off. McKyle shut his door and removed the string around the parchment before unrolling it. The letter was simple but explained what he need to do:

Pack your things, you are going on a very long journey.
I expect to see you within the hour.

- From the royal King Marthe of kingdom Amdire

McKyle was walking through the dimly lit hallway to the King’s Quarters. When he finally reached the door, the servant opened the door for him, and he walked in. The servant closed the door behind him with a soft thud. The room was magnificent. Tall, dark, and most of all, very fancy. The king stood by a small table next to his hearth, when he heard the door close he turned and looked at McKyle. “McKyle! Quickly we must speak!” the king took a long drink from his goblet, beckoning him to come over. McKyle walked over as quickly as he could, as soon as he got there the king grabbed his shoulders and shook him, his breath smelling strong of ale. “We are in grave danger, McKyle! I need you to leave immediately!” He was rummaging through a pack he had on the table. McKyle quickly recovered and spoke. “Sir, with all due respect, what exactly is going on?” The king paused and continued to pack. “You have to take this letter and orb, the orb will allow you to stay in contact with me wherever you are. The letter will allow you to travel through the Caravan system with no fee. I bid you farewell McKyle. I only wish we could have met on better circumstances, but time is vital. I need you to leave to the Caravan as soon as you leave here. The gods’ be with you, McKyle.”

McKyle’s head was spinning from all the information he just gathered. ‘How was am I going to do this?’ He thought to himself. ‘Father.. please help me.’ He walked along the road to the wooden shack ahead, which was the Caravan System. The rain was falling slowly but steadily.. this journey is going to be a long one..

Miss Ember
09-13-2010, 08:09 PM
996 of L.M., Chaos rises:

In the town of Ashure, was bustling with travelers and merchants haggling over prices to feed for their children and wives, thieves attempting to steal to selfishly feed themselves, sleeping in the alley ways looking for victims. You can see a woman walking briskly through the market, trying to get to the Castle where King Marthe resides. Arianna Jacobson was trying to see the last public meeting the King was holding before he went into hiding for the last four years until his birthday. Such a fool, trying to wait it out while everyone outside is slaughtered like pigs. She thought, scoffing.

Arriving, she went passed the guards who looked at her weirdly, and into the courtyard where soldiers were training on dummies or each other. Maneuvering herself and through a door, she came into the public meeting area. A crowd was already there and blocked her way from seeing the meeting take place. Attempting to push her way, she failed and so went to her hands and knees to crawl underneath their feet. Getting halfway, she got stepped on by a male, yelping because her bones were frail looked up at the man who sneered. Narrowing her eyebrows at him, she continued to keep crawling and eventually to the front of the crowd.

Just in time to see, a man in about his thirties walk in and talk with the King. Hearing the news, the people gasped and shuffled out of the room. Arianna caught the man's eye for a moment and felt a spark in the air before the crowd pushed her with them and into the streets before dispersing; The same man from before who stepped on her hand, pushed her into a puddle of mud and got the parasitic dirt all over her. Arianna shrieked this time and looked at the man wanting to hurt him, but couldn't as in this town people were watching and she was supposed to be a push over... Literally. Getting up and wiping the mud off her face, a drizzle came in the air an slowly washed off the mud, wanting to raise her arms and close her eyes but people around would think weird of her.

Walking to the Inn where she stayed, the warmth of the hearth and the smell of whisky in the air welcomed her. Going to the bartender and ordering Hot Cider, Arianna sat next to the hearth wanting to warm up from the coldness outside from her skinny body. ...So Demons are coming closer? Are we all going to die? Maybe I should retreat to the mountains... But will the demons follow there? A million thoughts ran through her mind and eventually the liquid was gone from sipping. Getting up once again, she set the cup down and walked to her rented room. Closing the door behind her, she swiftly and carefully took off her clothes to replace new ones. Careful not to hurt her bound wings.

Done with that, Arianna sat on the bed thinking more and more of her origin. Where did I come from..? Why couldn't you tell me Joni? Joni was the woman who raised her and somehow she knew what Arianna was but never told her, only calling her an Angel. Anger rose inside of her and stood up to punch the wall with her injured hand but only hurt it more. Grimacing from the pain, she put the hand to her chest and looked out the window. A mortal was walking towards the last caravan for the week, and it was quite dark now from the rain and the current season. Her eyes adjusted quickly to the darkness and the person looked up at her, a woman... The same woman from her nightmares.

Come here dear... I want to play a game.

The woman seemed to say as if she was whispering in Arianna's ear. Silently gasping she blinked and it was the same man from the meeting. I have to go.

Ushima
09-13-2010, 10:16 PM
"Ugh!" Auron watched his opponent step back clutching his chest. He circled the injured man, watching him. He went with a high kick to the face, ending the fight. The gathered crowd cheered. Auron raised his right fist into the air, making them yell louder.

He moved to the side of the pit, grabbing a bottle of whisky. Biting and pulling he uncorked it. Spitting it out he looked to the entrance as workers dragged out the unconcious man. "Whose next?" He spoke before taking a large swig. Out stepped another man,ready to fight. Auron pointed to a man taking bets. "Same amount."

Auron was low on money when he came to town and found the fights in a basement of an Inn. Immediately he entered himself. So here he was now fighting shirtless in a dirty pit. There were worse things, he figured. The battles were easy, simple thugs off the street.

Block punch. Kick to mid-section. Two punches to face. Spin kick to mid-section. Pull into knee. Palm strike to chest. And his opponent was down, sent across the pit and slammed into the wall. Auron went over and stomped on his head. "I'm done." He went and collected his winnings. He had bet on himself every time, thirty times to be exact. And every time the next guy was bigger and no one would think he'd win.

Getting his equipment he put his armor back on. Without it he was a little nervous and felt vulnerable. Grabbing his swordstaff he felt power surge through him as the jewel sparked breifly and his eyes flashed red. Across his back were two sword hilts. He'd channel magic into them and the energy would form the blades. He didn't use them much, as it requires a constant flow of energy and it'll drain him fast if he isn't careful.

"What next?" He asked himself. "There's nothing to do here. Guess I should just leave." He had enough money for the caravan now, more than enough. He decided to just take it anywhere. He put his swordstaff on his back and headed toward the caravan.

Some people stopped and starred at him as he passed, some hurried out of his way. It was like this everywhere. Respected and feared. "Maybe I shouldn't wear the emblem so big on my chest." Auron thought to himself. On his chest piece was the Battlemage emblem, a black sword in a white flame. "Not like I'd ever change it though." He though when he arrived at his destination a little earlier than he thought he would.

VerVolf
09-14-2010, 02:02 AM
"Who's next?"

There was a loud buzz in the large cellar that night, the brawling ring once again being the host to the loss or gain of money and honour. The pointless, brutal exchange of combat until eventually there is no-one left to fight. It did, however, provide Valiena with a wide variety of entertainment. From the corner, hidden behind a veil of shadow and dark magic she stood, admiring the show of naked muscles before her. There was one in particular, a man who had so far bested all twenty nine of his opponents that she was most interested in. She watched intently as he once again accepted another challenger, throwing a glance to the bookie on the side and adding a confident, "Same amount."

His fight was no displeaser, the sight and smell of the sweat trailing over his topless chest creating a gentle grin on her lips, exposing her white fangs ever so slightly. She witnessed his finesse and skill against a man that was easilly twice his size and in what seemed like a mere matter of minutes he once again threw his fist into the air to excite the crowd. To her disappointment however, this time the man approached the pile of winnings to the side. "I'm done" he said, gathering his earnings for the day and moving off to collect his gear. This once more made her smile, for although he was leaving she did manage to catch the insignia on his chest. The magic she used to conceal herself was cheap for she felt no need to waste energy on who she had assumed were simple human thugs, yet a battlemage would have seen through it in seconds. "Then again," she told herself as she began to make her exit, "He is a man, and they don't tend to notice the little things at a time like that."

By the time she was standing in the doorway of the tavern, the grey rain clouds had just about covered the sky, shielding Valiena from the sun. Her boots made a distinctive click each time they made a step on the hard cobbled road and the rain patted gently on the hood of her long, windswept cloak. The tight fitting leather armour made her feel comfortable, knowing that she would be safe should any light break through the clouds and yet, just in case a black, velvet mask hid her face from the nose and under the eyes. It may have bothered most people, but to Valiena the dark skies were golden. It gave her the freedom to move about in the day and did not stop her from using her magic.

She paused briefly, simply standing there in the road as she looked down at a small pouch of gold in her hand. Why was she doing this? Why was she going to take the caravan when she could so easily fly away. It was something that made her feel a little more human again, one of those little things that caused a small spark of a good feeling inside. With this in her mind, she started to finish her journey, approaching an official with her coins for the trip out of the city. Standing to the side, however, was the familiar face of the battlemage she had observed earlier. Maybe there was a plus side to taking this caravan after all. For now, however, she would wait and find out if he had noticed her presence earlier. Thankfully she had left no trail of her vampiric nature and as far as the locals were concerned, the vampire that had been feeding off of a nearby farmland was a "monstrous beast of a man in a big back coat."

She giggled quietly to herself at the thought. 'Oh magic can be so useful'

SikstaSlathalin
09-14-2010, 03:12 AM
Master Nelar was visiting the local BattleMage's post while she was in town. She made it a habit to check in so no one would worry about her getting lost or killed. Even being a Puppet Master of 46 her family still worried about her but most of them hardly left the Floating City so they worried about everything. Ne on the other hand loved traveling and seeing the world she just wish she could've brought her son with her but he's too young for globe trotting yet being only 4. She wrapped her brown cloak more about her curvy body and continued down the street. First thing that caught her eyes was a large cluster gathered around the castle.
Hmm the King must be throwing a ball or something. She thinks sneaking closer in hopes of hearing something.
"They say a prophet has foreseen something terrible." Says one woman dressed in a cream colored dress. The man next to her nods gravely and says.
"I know the whole palace is twitching with the news." Ne nods slowly peeking over the crowd failing to see much so with a sigh she resettles her cloak and moves toward the Caravan pulling out her map picking the next destination in her journey to revive the Puppet Master art.

StormWolf
09-14-2010, 08:05 AM
The gentle rain made the day go quiet as merchants at the caravan dispersed from their conversations and bartering to take cover under the canvas covers of their carts and wagons. Of course, as is custom with every town, some adventurous children remained in the drizzle despite the protests of their parents.

A small collection of boys stood cluttered at the back of the Caravan, whispering amongst themselves as one of the larger boys prodded at something inside the wagon. The large boy was chuckling as the other boys egged him on. The strange man that laid in the back of the wagon was the source of the ruckus. The boy continued to prod the large man in the ribs, but he refused to move.

"Is he dead?"
"Naw! He's just simple."
"Lookit his ears! They have fur on them."
"What a freak."

Krom heard all of these things, but he did his best to ignore the children. They would get bored soon enough. Still, the stick constantly prodding him in the ribs was very irritating. Suddenly, Krom felt a small hand pick a hair on one of his ears and pluck it out. That was something Krom could not abide.

The burly man's hand snapped out and crushed the twig in a blink of an eye. He sat up and cracked his neck before looking down at the mass of children. He was dark haired and steely eyed with a body like stone. The children stared up at the frightening man with eyes full of terror. Krom's perpetual sneer was not helping assuage the children's fear.

"Boo." was all Krom said and the children scattered with shrieks that could have been passed for bloody murder. Krom could only laugh as he looked out from under the canvas top of the wagon. He wore no thing more than his tooth necklace and vambraces on his upper body, while he wore sturdy stitched leather slacks with a wolf fur kilt held around his waist by a thick belt of leather and bronze. His boots were simple, sturdy leather with iron caps on the toes and coyote fur wrapped around his calves and held in place by leather straps. His weapons rested against the wall of the wagon, as Krom had been offering his services of protection in exchange for being able to travel with the Caravan.

SikstaSlathalin
09-14-2010, 05:37 PM
The light rain was slowly soaking the Puppet Master who was trying to explain to the Caravan driver that it wasn't a dead body in her traveling bag it was a Puppet with little success. Luckily one of the Illusionists from the Mage's post confirmed her tale and she was allowed on but the scattering of children drew her attention to the back of the Caravan worried there might be bandits she walked briskly back with her hand on the short sword but as she reaches the back all she sees is a large half naked man who looks more like a barbarian freeloader then bandit complete with fur and leather clothing and two large weapons within hand's reach. She usually loved these types of men strong as an Ox and easy to control with her flute but she didn't feel like wasting the energy this time. Letting go of the sword she jumps onto the wagon and scoots inside out of the rain pulling the hood down on her cloak.

"I hope you don't mind me being back here big guy but I'm not a big fan of crowded Caravan carts. I promise you'll hardly know I'm here." She says pulling the cloak off hanging it up to dry sitting on her travel bag after pulling out a blanket and wrapping it around herself.

Miss Ember
09-14-2010, 09:26 PM
8:00pm

Throwing clothes in a burgundy sack, Arianna tied the small ropes attached into a knot and slung it over her back before leaving her room. Walking downstairs to feel the heat rush her face and body, went over to the Innkeeper to place some gold coins in front of him, "Thank you for letting me stay." Giving a small smile, she turned her heels and walked out of the inn to feel the contradicting cold air against her warm flesh along with a small breeze attempting to lift her long tan skirts. Walking slowly but quickly to the caravan, Arianna went to the front and gave the coach some gold pieces as she wanted to come along. The coach nodded and she climbed into the caravan, seeing an elegant, sophisticated woman in the front and a burly man in the back. Putting her head down so her silver hair reflected and shining from the crescent moon in the sky covered her face as she put her sack next to her and curled her legs. Why am I here again...? But than thought about the mysterious and coldhearted woman in her nightmares hinting that she knew what Arianna really was.

"We are going to leave in twenty minutes ladies and gentlemen." The coach driver briskly said aloud for everyone to hear near to prepare for the road.

Arianna knew this was going to be a long road ahead and since the man who talked to the King wasn't here yet and needed to talk to him... but didn't know what to say. Sighing, she plucked the barret out of her hair and started to play with it, still mesmerized what it could turn into and this was the only thing she could claim her own.

Griphun
09-14-2010, 10:24 PM
McKyle was just about to the caravan now. He heard shrieks and stopped in his tracks. A moment passed and a group of children ran passed him screaming something about a wolf man. McKyle ignored it and continued on. The rain was starting to pick up now, he lifted his hood from his cloak over his head to keep the rain off of him. 'Everybody loves a little rain.' he grumbled to himself.

When he reached the caravan conductor, he gave him the scroll. The man scanned it and his eyes widened. "We will be leaving shortly, sir!" he said standing up and bowing. This shocked McKyle for a moment then remembered why he was here. "Please, sir, don't attract attention." the man nodded, 'I'm sorry, sir, won't happen again. We leave in ten minutes." and with that he bowed again and sat down. Sighing, McKyle made his way to the back. He opened the tent to get in and took notice to the three people inside. A large man, with long hair and fairly built muscles. 'If I didn't know any better I would think he was the Wolf Man those children were talking about.' He chuckled to himself. He looked at the slender woman across from him. She was an older woman, in her fourties at the most, and to McKyle, she looked like she could handle herself in a fight. Then another person caught his eye. It was the woman he saw at the public announcement. 'Oh what luck I have.' he sighed. Pulling his hood over his eyes he climbed aboard across from the woman with the silver hair. "Rain. Isn't it great." He chuckled, more to himself than to the others.

Ushima
09-15-2010, 12:49 PM
It started raining. Auron looked up at the sky. He enjoyed the rain. Seemed more people had arrived. "Hoped I put on a good show for you." He turned his attention to a woman. He had noticed her while he was fighting. Kinda hard not to. When she put up a veil he sensed it. "Crude, but effective. Need more practice." A purple glow covered his right hand. "Also know that if it isn't casted right there's a bit of refraction when you look through. Luckily everyone there had been dumb enough to not notice." Screaming kids, shouting about a wolf man caused him to chuckle. "Think we should get on then eh?"

Miss Ember
09-17-2010, 01:37 AM
8:20pm

The minutes ticked by slowly and the moon rose up higher in the night, "Time is up, off we ride!" The coach exclaimed and he whipped the horse to move. The caravan slowly went and faster when the man whipped the horse more and more, the wagon moving juggling back and forth on the rocky road.

The night hid the faces of the strangers in the wagon and Arianna was on alert for if any of them made movement towards their weapons or her. But the man who was doing a deed or the well known Quest that was already known throughout Ashure was sitting near her and whispered, "Are you the man everyone is talking about?" Arianna pretended not to know who exactly he was to start a small conversation for she needed to come along with him. Arianna knew it in her bones. She shifted in her seat as her buttocks was starting to fall asleep from the caravan moving so much and the hard floor.

Griphun
09-17-2010, 01:45 AM
McKyle was surprised by the sudden question, but recovered quickly. "I don't know, it depends on what they're saying about me. Nothing bad, I hope." He flashed her a smile and looked back down. 'I can't reveal what I don't know.' He thought to himself. He coughed from the heaviness in the air.

Miss Ember
09-17-2010, 01:53 AM
Sighing as he sounded like another oblivious mortal and sat back to end the conversation. This was utterly idiocy to come.. Arianna turned her head and looked out in the sky, seeing it was getting darker by the minute and knew the horse wouldn't be able to see. "We are going to need to set up a camp soon, Philly won't know where he's stepping!" The coach said aloud and the horse neighed in response.

Grabbing her sack, Arianna held it to her chest and kept watch at all the strangers, attempting to be self possessed but inside she was frightened to the core about them. Three burly man, a possible witch, a pale female and a small woman which couldn't unwrap her bandages to fly away quick enough. Arianna had to stay on guard for the next couple minutes until they unpacked for the night.

Griphun
09-17-2010, 02:05 AM
McKyle saw how uncomfortable she was and turned to look at her. "Look, miss. I'm sorry for what I said. Just alot on my plate right now," He cleared his throat,"yes that was me the king was talking to. For what I am supposed to be doing, I don't know. I also don't know why I'm explaining this to you, but somehow I can trust you." He gave her a reassuring smile, hoping she would take his apology.

StormWolf
09-17-2010, 07:37 AM
Once again, the caravan started moving, and with it came the irritating jarring of the wagon over the uneven road. To make things worse, his once quiet wagon bed was now stuffy and cramped and full of noise thanks to every newcomer happening to want to pile in to his cart. One or two pretty ladies sure, but three is company, and there were definitely more than three people in his cart. Two of which seemed to be dancing and dodging at a terrible attempt to make a dialogue with one another.

"Av mørke ánden sœ Morkai, whatever happened to my peace and quiet?" Krom swore in his native tongue at the yammering. He held his weapons close. The Frostblade and the Axe of Morkai were his only possessions, and he would be damned if anyone but him freed those blades from their sheathes.

Krom's ears twitched when he heard the the coach bellow in that ridiculously loud voice of his. Set up camp? They just started! By Morkai's Bones, either the coach was lazy or the horse was lame! The moonlight was bright enough to keep going for at least another hour!

"Bloody, lazy northerners...." he muttered with his thick accent, making his words roll off his tongue in a fluid but brutish manner.

VerVolf
09-17-2010, 11:14 PM
Valiena knew it! She had spent the entire time believing she was hidden and yet this man had been a battlemage all along. If anything the weak veil she had erected would have highlighted her presence to him with the magical residue that was left in it's place. There was a brief moment when she paused, wondering just how powerful this man could be. This thought, along with no wish to make the mage question her racial traits made her force a smile onto her face as she had climbed aboard. After decades of practice she had by now perfected her many performances and there was a distinct amount of playfulness and cheek to her tone of voice as she weaved her reply.

"Well they always say practice makes perfect! Then again, what if I expected, or even wanted you to notice me?" Her tone held it's cheek as she continued to speak with an innocent, genuine smile on her face. "I could be... some kind of master illusionist and simply be pulling strings?"

With that her smile broadened and she gave Auron a gentle nudge on the arm, her act still holding as she then shuffled over to the front of the coach and swung her legs out over the edge. He feet kicked ever so slightly as she looked up, making sure to hide the smile on her face as she noticed the light rapidly fading. Before long it was dark and yet she could see brilliantly. There was a downside to this however, as her already bright eyes became a more prominent, beautiful blue. It was something about the night that caused it, when she was at her most powerful. She simply hoped that no one on the coach was a vampire hunter, and thus more than unlikely to recognise the link that sat right in front of them.

Just like the rather large, barbaric looking man behind her, Valiena too was confused and slightly annoyed at the early stop.

"Bloody, lazy northerners...."

She couldn't help but nod and roll her eyes, adding onto the brute's observation. "You would think they were scared of the dark or something." Without even waiting for an answer she pushed herself off the edge, landing on the soft ground and looking around the immediate area from where she stood. Her eyes picked out every little detail that the others would surely miss in the dark and to this came a more wicked smile. There had been blood spilt in the fighting earlier which had only made Valiena more anxious for a drink. 'No!' she scolded herself almost instantly. 'Humans are off limits, and though their blood may be sweeter... And more scent-full... and.. and...'

It was too much for the vampire, and she looked around at the group she was with, casually judging each one and wondering how she would drain them. Tonight she would feed, but which one would be the more worthy prey?

Miss Ember
09-18-2010, 12:03 AM
Hearing what the man had to say and when the barbarian scoffed at their small talk, sighed from his ego. The caravan slowly came to a halt even though it only started about five minutes ago, the horse neighing and whipping it's mane in the air. "Sorry folks, if Philly can't see, than Philly won't move." The coach drive said aloud to everyone.

This man seems to like his horse a lot... Arianna rolled her eyes and got up slowly, and jumped off the wagon elegantly as if a ballerina. Her sack in one hand and her barret in the other, she looked around in the night, attempting to adjust her eyes to the darkness but failed as her copper eyes only were good in the sky during daylight. Biting her lip as she was nervous at what the strangers might do, lust for bloodshed, rape or just sleep. Hoping the last option, the coach hopped out of his seat, holding a hand to his big leather hat and yelling out, "Grab those things in the wagon and haul them out." He had a uncivilized accent.

Arianna wasn't going to help and went over to Philly, petting the horse's brunette head slowly looking into it's black eyes for the animal naturally didn't like the night. Making soft 'shh' sounds, the horse seemed to calm down after a while and looked over at the strangers if they were going to get the camp set up.

Griphun
09-18-2010, 12:35 AM
McKyle loved the night, but hated night having vision. Before he got off the wagon he pulled out a flare, one of many he had made. With the flintstones made into his glove, he clicked them together on the ignition string. The flare made a pop followed by a slow hissing sound. Everyone around became alarmed as they looked at him with there weapons ready to attack. McKyle chuckled a bit. "Don't worry everyone. I'm an Alchemist, I made this at my shop. It'll help us set camp better." With that, everyone turned back to what they were doing. 'That was enough for one day..' He sighed. He jumped off the wagon the flare risen above his head. The air seemed too still, like the calm before the storm. For some reason, McKyle had a really bad feeling at the location they stopped..

Ten minutes passed and the camp was nearly set. "Would anyone like to start a fire?" McKyle looked around for a response, no one did. McKyle sighed. 'Such a friendly bunch.' He though, pulling out a strange pouche from him belt. McKyle poured a little of what seemed like powder in the fire pit. "There is no logs," the Coachmen said. McKyle smiled and clicked his flintstones next to the powder, and the powder erupted into flames. "I love Alchemy," He smiled, looking at everyone else. And for the first time that day, he saw amuesment in everyones' face.

Ushima
09-18-2010, 02:03 AM
The woman had a point. He shouldn't assume that it wasn't intentional. Afterall there were a few times he had messed up casting on purpose to trick enemies into thinking he was weaker than he actually was. "True, you could be a master. If so then I have fallen into your trap." He bowed mockingly, a grin on his face and chuckling lightly. "But regardless, there are other ways for me to notice you." She nudged him. "Just saying." He said with another laugh.

Now they were setting up camp. It was dark and they needed a fire. He was about to start one when the area was lit. He looked at his hand, it was ablaze with black fire. "Someone works fast. Couldn't wait a bit? Save your resources?" He asked, not really expecting a response. So he decided to take it upon himself to check the perimeter. Holding his hand above the fire rose off his hand and turned into a green orb and that spilt into a second one. They slowly floated around his body as he moved. He couldn't find anything so he returned to the campsite, the orbs still floating around. "Perimeter secure. Nothing to worry about."

SikstaSlathalin
09-20-2010, 04:09 AM
Ne let her mind wander to what she would do in the next city which actually had a small Puppet Master group led by Puppeteer Marx in the Mage Post. As of now she planned on spending a few extra weeks there then normal to set a strong basis for the Discipline before moving on to the next city and maybe back to her hometown for some R&R. She didn't have any bad feelings about those sharing the cart with her they all seemed kind of nice or at least not interested in causing trouble but just in case she pulled out her flute and
began polishing it a little while the cart bounced along.

Her Grandfather always told her that a good Puppet Master lest the flute make the magic the Mage is just a conductor which is kinda opposite of what most Mages are taught but that was some of the appeal of Puppet Mastery nothing was what most were used to ability to control both living and nonliving things the almost psychotic precision that was needed for even the simplest of spells. No margin of error was allowed because when you are putting a little piece of your mind and soul into something the tiniest mistake could permanently trap that piece or your whole being into the body of a puppet leaving your living body to wither and die and making yourself a prison of wood or clay being unable to feel anything not food, or drink, no happiness, no sorrow, absolutely nothing you'd be living in a world of gray wishing for death but being unable to die until the puppet's body was destroyed and destroying your soul in the process. Absolute nothingness, a fate worse then any hell conceived by man, beast, or God.

Keeping her songs happy and light were easy when she wasn't risking her soul to oblivion so on Ne played hoping her fellow travelers wouldn't mind a little music to break the silence and give the Master of Puppets an advantage if something bad went down. As the couch slowed and stopped Ne joined the others in disembarking throwing her bag over her shoulder she walked to where everyone was setting up. Ne didn't know what to do to help so falling back on the old adage the more the merrier she begins gathering up some wood for the fire she thinks the man with the green orb is making.