PDA

View Full Version : Odd Cuisine

Shenorai
09-15-2010, 10:57 PM
We have our strange tastes in food. You know, the sort of thing that we find amazing, yet most others find completely revolting. So what are some of the stranger things that you find to be tasty.

Me? One of mine is a peanut butter and pickle sandwich.

Anne Bonny
09-15-2010, 11:04 PM
There is nothing odd about me. Everything I do is totaly rad.

B(

That said, my hubby eats some funny things. He eats chocolate cake in a bowl of milk with a spoon. He spreads peanut butter on his waffles and pancakes before pouring syrup on them. He dips his grilled cheese sammies in ketchup. And he puts a big scoop of vanilla ice cream in his oatmeal at breakfast.

The cake in milk thing is actually pretty tasty though.

Shenorai
09-15-2010, 11:11 PM
...strangely, out of all of those, I can see the logic in the ice cream in oatmeal bit. Milk is in ice cream and it would also cool down the oatmeal.

I've gotten some odd looks with putting a sliced banana in my peanut butter samiches as well. I also don't mind having a tuna sandwich with egg salad in it as well.

Biophysicist
09-15-2010, 11:40 PM
Cheese and ketchup sandwiches. Or cheese and peanut butter sandwiches.

Or bread, tomato sauce, and cheese, stacked in that order and microwaved until the cheese melts.

Or broken-up crackers in milk.

Or apples dipped in ketchup.

Ace of Hearts™
09-16-2010, 12:19 AM
Kangaroo Jerky.

Wattz
09-16-2010, 01:05 AM
Cottage cheese and carrots.

Though that one's not TOO odd. At least I don't think so XD

Biophysicist
09-18-2010, 06:30 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention, curry powder in tomato soup.

MmmSashimi
10-29-2010, 12:04 PM
i like to eat apple pie or apple crisp for breakfast with vanilla ice cream.

But i find this normal, but my fiance thinks i'm wierd for it. I love to put balsamic vinegar on almost everything. I'll saute mushrooms in it, i put it with pasta, salad, mashed potatoes, perogys, steak, shrimp, bread, rice, cheese, tomatoes etc.

and i put egg in with my ramen noodles in the morning when i'm hung over

Biophysicist
10-29-2010, 05:24 PM
I've recently discovered "sauce sandwiches". A sandwich with at least one sauce and meat/cheese only if it's needed to provide something else to put sauce on.

Anne Bonny
10-29-2010, 05:40 PM
Kangaroo Jerky.

Whatevs, man. Kangaroo is delish.

Meinolf
11-04-2010, 05:14 AM
I've been mixing and matching foods quite a bit recently. Oddest one? I took some leftover lasagna, put it in an egg wrap with some bacon. Messiest damn thing I have ever eaten, as the tortilla was just waaaay too small to try and accommodate, but it tasted fantastic.

Let's see ... As a kid I would stir some vanilla syrup into a glass of milk to get rid of hiccups. My pops also got me hooked on gouging out a hole in a roll or biscuit and drizzling maple syrup into it. I also do up my pancakes and waffles with peanut butter and syrup - very tasty. And if I had access to a warm slice of apple pie and some ice cream, I would definitely have it for breakfast every morning.

All in all, a very tasty thread so far. Do continue. :D

FangsAnarchy
03-08-2012, 04:28 PM
I don't eat these but I work at a grocery store and sometimes I will say I am sorry I asked...

Pickled chicken feet
BBQ Pigs feet
Cannibal sandwich (raw ground beef on bread)
Peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwich
Fried Chicken livers in Texas Pete hot sauce
Pickle and banana sandwich
Fried pig intestine with hot sauce
Tuna and chocolate ice-cream

Ad Infinitum
03-19-2012, 04:26 PM
Cream of pumpkin and goat cheese, with halibut - everyone has the same reaction to that one, it seems. Recently tried this recipe and it was actually good; currently seeing if I can improve it.

Setsa
04-04-2012, 01:19 AM
Octopus and Spanish rice.

Limed pickles and peanut butter sandwich

Both very good!

starlite_starbright
06-17-2012, 11:21 AM
i have eaten moose, elk, venison, and chicken feet. Those I have to say are the weirdest things i can think of.