PDA

View Full Version : Round 1: Golem (Shale) VS. Soothsayer (Deborah) - Judge Alanoth

Alanoth
04-11-2015, 06:09 AM
You awaken in what appears to be a cage of some sort, with three walls made of metal stronger than any iron or steel, and a door of metal bars. At the sound of a trumpet blast, and to a chorus of strange cheers, the metal barred doors open and you are allowed to enter a large round area made of more of this fantastic metal. Directly across from you is another open cage, and a pile of what appears to be junk next to the open doorway as your opponent walks out. To the East, based on the sun's present position over the Colosseum, is a door allowing a woman in robes to exit, surrounded by a variety of colored stones and gems;to the West is a door allowing a mighty Golem to exit, surrounded by incense and other strange materials. All around the walls of the Colosseum are other cage doors, but they are unoccupied. Strange people, from countless different worlds, cultures, and races fill the stands many feet above your head, cheering and roaring and screaming for violence and bloodshed. There are no ladders, no visible means of leaving, and it is easily implied that victory brings freedom.

(After each combatant makes two (2) posts, the GM will make a post on any changing conditions.)

You have 5 posts per person and 72 hours to respond between each post.
By the dictate of the Emperor of Tamriel, Dr. Insano will be going first.

Dr. Insano
04-21-2015, 01:05 PM
The light and noise from the outside arena entered the giant's cell as the gate opened. The faint blue lights on the sides of her cell faded as the natural light overtook the faint blue hue. coming from the crystals that seem to be growing on the creature. As she moved the noise of grinding stone could be apparent as the war golem tried to work out the kinks in its body. Ducking underneath the already enlarged cell Shale stepped out into the metallic arena. She noticed that on her side there was a variety of strange material as well as fine smelling incense.

Though an expression could not be easily read on the golem's face, she was angry. Not only did she not know where she was or she got here, but she also couldn't remember a single thing besides what she was and who she served, or used to serve. "These insects, how dare they! By the wrath of my Thaig they shall suffer..." Her mind was flooding with questions and theories. Who were these people and why was she taken? Was this simply for entertainment or was there another motive to her capture?

Looking over to the cell across from her, Shale composed herself. This was one of the only times that the golem has seen a human in recent memory, or at least what was left of it. Her days were usually filled with tiny, hairy men. Straightening out to her full size she met walked over to the middle of the arena. "They pull me from my post in order to fight such a small being? I hope you at least prove to be entertaining." Shale hoped to get this done fairly quickly. There was no doubt scuffs and dirt on her crystals and they deserved a nice cleaning.

Aureyon
04-21-2015, 10:58 PM
Peace.

The caramel skinned seeress had her eyes closed in a seemingly peaceful state. So naturally were they closed that it gave off the appearance that she might be asleep, but she was not.

She was listening to the Fates, trying to get any word on her past and who she was. But, for once for as long as she could remember - which wasn't very long at this point- the Fates were silent. The only thing left in their wake were shrouded images and half-formed visions, and they would most certainly not aid her in what was coming.

She was not a Seer for just any reason, she was smart, and everything in her was telling her that a test was coming. One that may very well challenge her own faith. But, she did not panic, she would not panic. She knew the Fates best of all, and if they deemed it her time to fall from their grace and pass into the beyond, then so be it. She had had a fulfilling life.

All was silent around her, as her thoughts swirled within her mind, until they were interrupted by what sounded like cheers of excitement from thousands of living souls.

A pity that some of them are destined to die today, she thought to herself as the gates to her cage rose and light filtered in upon her skin, a rush of natural warmth flooding through her like a warm mug of Hot Chocolate travelling down one's throat after having played in the cold snow all day. It was a welcomed feeling.

That was when her nose caught the faintest scent of sandalwood and Lavender incense, two of her favored incense when divining the Will of the Fates. Her eyes snapped open, and found the source of the scent, a make-shift Altar with various equipment arrayed in an unorganized pile. Her eyes remained on the incense as she stood, and passed through the restricting door of her cage and into the full light of her new, much larger, one.

The metal beneath her feet was rather warm, but not painfully so. It was then, at the harsh words of her apparent opponent, that she found her eyes upon a beast of stone brought to life by some unknown source.

"Entertaining is not my calling, Shale." She replied to the creatures words with an even tone, betraying no underlying emotion if there was any to be found. She hadn't noticed that she had said the creatures name, instead was focused on the crystals seemingly growing from its stone-armored skin. They were quite beautiful.

"It seems the Fates have deigned that I fight you. So shall it be!" She moved towards her opponent with a swiftness likely not expected of her, hoping to identify a weakness that she could exploit. What weakness could a creature of stone have?

Dr. Insano
04-21-2015, 11:29 PM
"Entertaining is not my calling, Shale. It seems the Fates have deigned that I fight you. So shall it be!"

The best part of being a hunk of rock that was magically put to life was that you had an amazing poker face. Shale's face did not and could not move. Not frown nor smile could be seen and the only indication of understanding she could ever give was a curt not of the head or by saying the simply three-letter word. As such when she laughed at her opponent's comments the mouth did not move but the deep toned words could be heard.

"It seems my name has truly become famous even to the lowest of peoples! At least my opponent is fan."

At least now the giant knew why she was called upon this arena. The war golems of her Thaig were legendary among their culture. Having one in battle would obviously be a nice addition to the fight the crowd was witnessing.

The woman's speed was something else. Even the rock worms would have had a hard time keeping up. Even still, she didn't see an inch of muscle on her body or a weapon in either one of her hands. This was where Shale's advantage would lie, though there must be something else up the woman's sleeve. Would the patrons of the fight be so cruel to pit a defenseless woman up against a woman of Shale's stature? She would have to be wary and finish this fight before any tricks could be had.

Lowering her center of gravity Shale charged at her opponent. Even though she was now lower to the ground she still stood at around 160 cm (~16 ft). Roaring she attempted to crash into the lithe woman with her arms outstretched to try and prevent an easy escape. The metallic floor felt unfamiliar to the stone caves and caverns that she was used to, but even still, metal was simply another form of rock. Though unfamiliar this was Shale's home, and she would be damned if she would lose here.

"You're 'Fates' must have willed you to die today!"

Aureyon
04-21-2015, 11:58 PM
The creature had done as expected, and charged her as she had began to charge towards it. It was able to take heavier strides than her, so if she wanted to survive the clash, she would need to avoid the initial contact. As such, she called forth two of her hair pins with her telekinesis and held them hidden behind her with her mind as she continued charging the creature.

Several feet before they would clash, Deborah fell to the ground allowing the momentum of her charge to move her beneath the mighty stone creature, and just before passing through its legs, she sent the two projectiles towards the creatures eyes with a telekinetic enhanced speed, hoping to blind the creature at the least.

As she passed under the creatures legs, she came to a sliding stop several more feet from the direction that the creature was charging. Her robes had served as a medium between her skin and the metal arena, allowing her to move more effectively and swiftly in her sliding maneuver.

"Even the mightiest of stones may split because of the smallest fracture." she spoke in a blank tone as she regained her footing and stood erect, awaiting the results of her attack.

"It is a pity about your home." she spoke in the same blank tone as before, but it was as if her mind was far away as her words held little life in them, but echoed in a cacophony of feminine voices.

Alanoth
04-24-2015, 12:13 AM
All of the cages which circle the arena, which before were barren and empty, are now filled with a menagerie of menacing and terrible beasts, all snarling, hissing, howling, and in general making noise to fill the air. Their bars are wide enough to allow their arms, claws, tentacles, and in some cases teeth to reach through a few feet, but not to allow them escape. Furthermore, the sky is beginning to darken with clouds, and the ominous sounds of thunder are heard over the horizon. The spectators seem unwilling to care, and continue to constantly cheer and egg on the contestants, whilst the clouds grow darker and the air colder.

Dr. Insano
04-24-2015, 12:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TpEBWO4rfI

Shale's head jerked back as the needle struck her left eye. The pain seemed to fade away quickly as she pulled it out. The wound was not deep and it wasn't enough to break the stone. If she had human eyes then it would have surely blinded her, but instead it only caused small chips to fall away. True her vision on her left side was now impaired, it was better than completely losing an eye. Raising her head she noticed that she had ran all the way to the other side of the arena and looked around at her new surroundings.

"Aye, but I am no mere stone! You are trying to break a mountain!" Her voice seemed to rumble in the arena even as the cages were filled with monsters. It seemed that even nature itself was getting restless as dark clouds formed above the two fighters' heads.

Hearing the woman's voice in her own head caused her to roar once again. "You pest, you know nothing about my home! How dare you speak about them like they are destroyed!" Raising her leg Shale crashed it down onto the metal floor causing the entire arena to shake violently. Even a few of the creatures had stopped trying to claw out of their cages. Being able to fight like this made Shale feel like she was at home. This was what she was made to do, to do war. Though it was messy and most times bloody it seemed like it was now instinct that drove her.

This will be done soon, I must not waste any time. More time spent here means less time I can be spending trying to find my Thaig. Using the commotion to her advantage she picked up large chunks of the colored gems and rocks and started to crush them in her hands. "It seems that you know my name, is it not fair that I should know the name of the one I shall be killing?"

Kris
04-28-2015, 09:48 PM
William61 has given up the match because of net difficulties.

The winner is Dr. Insano.