PDA

View Full Version : [M]Winter of Discontent -a "Zombie" Fantasy rp-

Earl Greyfox
09-23-2010, 02:27 AM
Rated M for violence, graphic gore and whatever else may come our way.

WINTER OF DISCONTENT OOC

“Now is the Winter of Our Discontent....”

It is the winter of 2056, and mankind has made a great discovery. In 2011, humans discovered Magic. Not little spells like wiccans had done in the past, but true Magic; something that had been lost to mankind for many centuries. Not since the time of King Arthur had real magic been used.

Now, magic is taught in certain schools around the world, to “Gifted” young ladies and gentlemen...whose parents can afford the tuition, that is.

This brings us to our setting.

Northern Russia. A disease has broken out among the people. It is a terrible plague, turning healthy human beings into rotting, hunger driven beings, their bodies distorted and flesh falling from bone. They are not shambling, mindless creatures...no. They are far, far worse. They are The Infected. They hunt other living beings with the speed and power of large predatory animals, and their favourite prey is non-Infected human beings.

While scientists and Mages alike search for a cure to a disease that is both magical and physical, the Infection spreads.

Wealthier cities have taken to erecting psudo-magical barriers to keep out the disease, which has been discovered to be airborne, but these do not keep out the Infected themseleves, they simply deter them,

In the city where our story takes place, made wealthy by the Petrov School for the Gifted, An alarm system has been rigged up to warn the residents of an incursion by the Infected. The alarms have never been sounded aside from test drills since the Barrier was erected. Everyone knows, should the Alarm sound, you will go to your designated shelters and let the Police deal with the Infected. Most people don’t take the sounding of the Alarms very seriously however, as no Infected has ever set foot inside the Barrier.

However, all of that is about to change.

THE PREMISE: A bunch of university students from a school for the gifted wind up in a city full of Infected after the Barriers fall. None of them can be sure as to why THEY did not become infected, but it seems like damn near the rest of the city HAS. The RP will be about their fight to survive and discover what caused the barriers to fall. If they can re-erect them, they should be safe. If they can’t, or once the food runs out in their city, they will have to try to make it to the next Uninfected city in one piece through the remnants of fallen cities, small survivor encampments, and the wilds or Northern Russia.

Welcome to my RP. The Roleplay will start out in the Petrov School for the Gifted, so I would like it if most characters would start out as Students there. Petrov School is a University, so no characters under eighteen will be in attendance at the university unless there is an exceptional case. I would prefer if you discussed any character under eighteen with me FIRST before posting it. IM is the easiest way to contact me, but I will check my PMs occasionally as well. If you PM me and I don’t respond, feel free to post in the thread that you have PMed me.
Here’s my contact info:
AIM: LycanFangs1942
MSN: LycanFangs
Yahoo: lycanfangs

Unlike some schools that teach Gifted Students, The Petrov School for the Gifted doesn’t only teach magic. Rather it is a regular university that also has courses in magic.

All areas of magic are taught at the Petrov School, from simple Mana Manipulation and basic Elemental Arts to Advanced Alchemy and Healing Magic.

Students vary in magical abilities, from Talented Mages to people who have trouble lighting a candle with their Gift. There are also a few Ungifted students at the school, getting into the prestigious academy due to connections or bribes. Feel free to play one of these characters, but realize they must be in high society.

Not all characters will specialize in magic. Some may just take a few courses, others may take a full schedule of magic classes. All characters are Human, no, you may not play an Infected.

Please Note: All students at the Petrov School for the Gifted must wear their uniforms at all times when on the campus. The uniform consists of a goldenrod vest over a white dress shirt with a slate blue blazer and tie and matching skirts or slacks depending on your gender. The skirts are fairly short and worn with light blue knee high socks. (See the pictures in My characters’ descriptions for colour examples.) The School’s crest is on the upper Right arm of the Blazer.

DRAWN BY ME! NO STEALING!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/PockyAddict/SonyaBlazerSI.jpg

Character Sheet:

Name: (What your character is called)
Appearance: (You may use a picture here, but a written description is also required. Don’t forget about the uniform!)
Personality: (This should be at least a paragraph in length and well thought out.)
Class: (What year is your character in University? Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior? A grad student perhaps? I will only allow one or two of those, however.)
Abilities: (What kind of magical things can your character do? Not too much unless they are seniors or grad students. All students are taught a basic spell to warm themselves in the harsh cold of the winter.)
Skills: (What sorts of Nonmagical things is your character good at? Sewing? Cooking? Is he/she on the track team?)
Class Schedule: (A minimum of four classes and maximum of eight. I want to know this so I can see what sorts of skills your character might be learning! Doesn’t need to be all magic related, or magic related at all!)
Brief History: (Tell us a little about yourself. How did you get to Petrov School? Where were you born? At least one paragraph)

Name: Sonya Morozov
Appearance:
ART BY ME. NO STEALING
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/PockyAddict/SonyaMorozovColour.jpg
Sonya would be one of those blond haired, blue eyed airhead types if it weren’t for her heterochromia. She has one blue eye and one brown eye, and some people find it very unsettling. Her light blonde hair is wavy and short and she thinks it makes her look sophisticated. She is rather large busted and she “Always [feels] like [her] boobs are getting in the way.” Her cute face and sexy figure bring her a lot of suitors, but she prefers the single life for now.
Personality: Sonya is a cheerful, bubbly sort of person, and seems rather ditzy and klutzy at times, tending to bump into things, or trip on the steps she didn’t notice because she wasn’t paying attention. Most people write her off as a total arihead spacecase because she’s always off in the clouds, but in fact she is very intelligent. She loves science and working with machinery, but her favourite thing is after school: Track and field. She loves the exhilaration of speed.

Sonya is a very caring individual, and is very loyal to her friends. She’s the one that people come to when they need a shoulder to cry on or just someone to talk to.

Sonya is slightly paranoid about the Barriers falling and the city becoming overrun by the infected (she has nightmares about this frequently) and so she takes the survival magic class regardless of the fact that she can barely perform any of the spells.
Class: Junior
Abilities: Sonya is one of those people who has trouble lighting a candle. She has a lot of magical potential; she just is very bad at focusing her mind enough to use it. She knows the Warming spell and some healing magic, as well as some basic elemental magic, mostly fire and wind.
Skills: Sonya is a Home-Ec Wizard. She can cook, and bake and sew and knows first aid. She’s also on the Track Team and is a veritable star at the hundred meter dash. She’s also on the cross country team and the Archery team. Where she lack in magic, she makes up for in real world skills. Sonya’s best subject, however, is science, and she is very good at it despite her ditzy, klutzy nature.
Class Schedule:
Mechanics
Healing Arts 1
Home Economics
Elemental magic 101
Biology
Physics
Drawing and Painting 2
Survival Magic 2
Brief History: Sonya was born in Moscow to the prestigious Morozov Family, one of the most magically Affluent families in Russia. Her mother was always disappointed that Sonya was so PAINFULLY BAD at magic. Her childhood was very hard, growing up with all these expectations and never being able to live up to them. But she remained cheerful, and had a very good childhood excepting school and home life. Her life was really fairly typical of a well bread school girl until the third grade, when she joined the track team. She became very athletic and tomboyish for quite a while, much to her mother’s horror, but when she got into her later teens Sonya returned to her previous very girly self. Part of her still remains tomboyish, however. Her parents were both Alumni of Petrov School, and that’s how she got admitted despite her apparent lack of ability.

Name: Ichigo Toya
Appearance:
DRAWN BY ME! DON’T STEAL!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/PockyAddict/Ichigosquattingcolour.jpg
Ichigo is a tall youth standing at 6’3” tall, and has an athletically built body. His eyes are a purplish brown colour (some people say it’s because he has so much magic in him that it leaks out his eyes). He is very distinctly Japanese looking, with almond shaped eyes and a heart shaped face. His short hair is bluish black and hangs in front of his eyes.
Personality: Most people view Ichigo as a mysterious, dark personality, due to the brooding look he usually has on his face and his tendency not to talk to people. In reality he’s just shy, and is actually a nice guy. He’s very loyal to his friends, and can be somewhat airheaded at times, spacing out and just getting lost in his thoughts. His favourite pastimes are drawing and fencing, both of which he is very skilled at.

Ichigo has a very distinct sense of right and wrong, and also of honour.

Many girls fantasize about him as they see him as dark and mysterious, and often girls will come to watch him when he fences.
Class: Senior (But he is a transfer student)
Abilities: Ichigo is very gifted magically. He can perform many different kinds of magic, but he specialized in the manipulation of raw Mana. He knows some advanced weather working spells (Something he decided to try before he came to Russia) and of course knows basic survival magic (Something else taught to him in Japan). He can manipulate the mana inside his body to keep him going longer, harder and faster than any normal human being could, something that makes him a deadly opponent in a fight.
Skills: Ichigo is a master fencer, and a skilled artist. He doesn’t know a lot of real world skills thanks to having been schooled in magic from a young age, but he can cook some and likes to write haiku style poetry. He can speak several languages including English, Russian, and of course Japanese.
Class Schedule:
Advanced Mana Manipulation 2
World History 2
Literature 2
Drawing and Painting 2
Gym
Advanced Weather Working 1
Brief History: Ichigo was born in Japan to a middle class family. His mother’s side was very steeped in magic and tradition, while his father’s side was more modern and less into magic. Ichigo was born with his mother’s eyes, a seemingly purplish brown signifying his magical abilities the day he opened his eyes.

He went to public schools until he reached middle school when he got a scholarship to go to one of the most prestigious schools in the country, not due to his magical abilities, but due to his skill in Fencing. He made many friends and was an open and carefree individual until his parents decided he should go to Petrov School for his senior year after he was offered a scholarship. He feels very Isolated in such a different country where everyone is very different from him and has become much more shy and quiet.

Earl Greyfox
09-23-2010, 02:31 AM
RULES

1. I AM GM. MY WORD IS LAW
2. Atrum Daemon is Co-GM. HIS WORD IS LAW.
3. Follow all RPA Rules and such.
4. Swearing is allowed, but keep it to a minimum.
5. If you're going to have sex with another character, take it to PMs please.
6. Be as gorily descriptive as you want. The Infected are pretty nasty!
7. Violence is a GO!
8. I reserve the right to change or update these rules at ANY TIME.

Earl Greyfox
09-23-2010, 02:31 AM
Reserved for something maybe.

Earl Greyfox
09-23-2010, 02:32 AM
See Above.

Earl Greyfox
09-23-2010, 02:32 AM
NOW OPEN FOR BUSINESS.

Aeolus
09-23-2010, 03:40 AM
Name: Aleksander 'Sasha' Volkov
Appearance:
http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo202/dedarkstuff/anime%20guys/995b28e426032b46127c0e6119dfee99.jpg
Because of his liberal use of shifting magic, his appearance tends to change a lot, although not never ending, just enough to be confusing. While he originally looks very handsome with blonde flowing hair, piercing blue eyes and a strong build at the height of 6'2, he's too 'weird' to be liked enough. Frequently in a disheveled state due to his not caring about appearance, his uniform is open, tie loose and hair mussed enough to be irritating to look at and are a major identification as to who he is, especially the almost obnoxiously pink ribbon around his neck. His hair, when long, is usually pulled up into a messy pony-tail.
Personality: Weird, a freak, Sasha is usually alone and quiet, although he can't seem to keep his mouth from snarking the shit out of people who are being stupid or who have attitudes, even if he's not directly involved in the situation. Its this attitude and his 'weirdness' that keep him from being very social and bellies his vast intelligence, the weirdness being his random, bringing up odd, obscure trivia, warped sense of humor and love for debating controversial subjects. He does, however, love books and art, being an excellent artist and having a way with words that shocks most people, who assume he's just a jerkass loner, and actually wants this to stay that way. After all, there's no point in looking like a lazy jerkass if people know that you're a genius.
Class: Senior
Abilities: He's gifted, amazingly so- Hell, even a genius, one could say, although other student's don't realize this even if the teachers do. Only they know that he aces most of his classes, his abilities versatile in most magics, but specializes in weather, light and alchemy magics. He was born with the ability to use shifting magic, using it so often its rather confusing, so his teachers usually identify him with the pink ribbon around his neck that his sister had forced on him so she could tell if it was him when he shifts.
Skills: Drawing, knitting, cooking, wood carving, and playing with very sharp knives.
Class Schedule:
World History 2
Survival Magic 2
Home Economics
Light and Shadow Manipulation 2
Biology
Drawing and Painting 2
Advanced Alchemy 3
Advanced Weather Working 1
Brief History: Sasha was born to a big family of old nobles with old money that managed to last all the way to this day with plenty to spare. His family loved to talk about their long line of great blood and in all honesty Sasha couldn't care less, and it showed. His posture and etiquette was terrible, he was rude to other noble families and in general was an uncouth brat who'd rather hole up in his room. He was finally sent to Petrovs in hopes that interacting with others of 'their ilk' would set him straight.

nonangelic92
09-23-2010, 03:43 AM
This seems pretty sweet, I may join

Earl Greyfox
09-23-2010, 03:47 AM
Accepted, Time.

We would be happy to have you, Nonangelic.

nonangelic92
09-23-2010, 03:51 AM
I'm sure you would lol XD

Atrum Daemon
09-23-2010, 03:54 AM
Name: Rourke Mactire

Appearance: A tall, slim individual with a body type similar to a that of a runner or possibly a lightweight boxer. His black hair is always kept neatly smoothed back and doesn’t reach far past the base of his skull. His face is mildly thin with slightly pronounced cheekbones and piercing gray eyes. He has a few tattoos adorning his body, the most commonly seen is a sun-like image on the palm of his left hand. He also has an Ouroboros tattoo below his right collarbone. The magical nature of these marks turned his eyes a bright shade of violet.

Personality: He is a die-hard believer that the end always justifies the means, no matter the case. To him, seeing the world in terms of black and white is stupid and illogical as well as a hindrance to progress. Along with his generally cool and sometimes gentlemanly nature, Rourke is also a nihilist, as observed in his disregard for morality, especially concerning his work.

Class: Senior

Abilities: Rourke is one of those types who can perform many different types of magic easily. But, he has contented himself to the study and mastery of Alchemy and it’s many uses and possibilities. To better perform his alchemic transmutations, he privately studies the art of Mana manipulation with his fellow senior, Ichigo.

Skills: Rourke is a very skilled boxer, a trait he picked up from his father who was a profession boxer in Ireland for several years. He fluently speaks Irish-Gaelic, Russian, and Latin.

Class Schedule:
Advanced Alchemy 3
Advanced Chemistry 2
Home Economics
Physics
Elemental Magic 2
Literature 2
Gym

Brief History: Rourke was born into a wealthy Irish family with a history of magical talent on both sides. His parents both had did normal work in addition to their more magical pursuits. His mother worked as a nuclear physicist and technician and his father was a professional boxer though both were very adept at elemental magic. Though Rourke had plenty of talent, he chose Alchemy as his magical study. To be able to manipulate the natural world through magic fascinated him and he easily excelled at the skill.

His natural talent coupled with his family’s wealth brought him to the Petrov school. His parents wanted the best for him and the Russian academy was the best known school for the magically gifted. The friends he made at first were mainly in the science fields due to Alchemy’s relation to sciences, but he soon branched out despite his views on life and morality. His recent work has caused him to act a bit more introverted than normal and only talk to those he is really close to.

Earl Greyfox
09-23-2010, 03:58 AM
Accepted, Atrum.