PDA

View Full Version : Reunion (R)

Death101
06-25-2015, 11:15 PM
(R- Swearing, Sexual Content/Themes, Criminal Themes, Swearing, Drug Mentions, Drinking Mentions, Blood & Gore)

I stare slowly at the girl standing at the front of the classroom. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was Caroline! After several years she was back to Texas! It's the end of the day but she had come back. I sit slowly on the edge of my desk.

Quietly as the teacher explains that she has joined us at our school. After that the end of the day starts. I can tell she knowns it's because she starts over towards me but I turn my face back to the book. I try not to look up until I hear my name called. I slowly look up at her.

The Cockatiel
06-25-2015, 11:57 PM
It was good to be back at the ranch, but I wasn't sure if it was home any more. During the ride back from the airport, I didn't talk much, and Dad was never one to start conversations. So we put the windows down and the radio up, tuned in to a country-western station, and pushed the speed limits until we neared town. Even though it was almost the end of the school day, Dad insisted that we stop in at the high school and finalize my return to the classroom.

The part involving me didn't take long, but Dad had other things about which he wanted to talk to the principal. He said I could wait outside, but I said I'd be in the classroom I'd be joining the next day. After years of being in the big city, I still remembered how to navigate the school. I took my time walking, remembering a lot of things that had happened. This was where a water fountain broke on my first day of school, flooding the hallway and my new shoes. Over there had been my friend Macy's locker. I passed where I'd been asked to the end-of-season football game in my sophomore year and the door to my favourite class.

The teacher had obviously been expecting me to show up. The principal had probably called her on the intercom. I recognized, or thought I recognized, a lot of the kids in the class, but several were people I'd never seen before. The teacher cleared her throat and the classroom came to attention. "Everyone, this is Ms. Dawes. She'll be joining us for the rest of the school year, starting tomorrow." I tossed my head back a little, throwing my hair out of my face, and shifted my weight. For someone who had loved being in drama club, I hated being the center of attention like this. The teacher finishes her little speech about how she was sure the class would be friendly, and how they were all looking forward to me joining them, and smiles at me.

"Hey, Henry," I say quietly. As he looks up I realize I have my fingers twisted together and I'm biting my bottom lip. I try to relax my posture, but that seems awkward too. "It's been a while."

Death101
06-26-2015, 02:37 AM
"Yeah, it has." I look up from my book briefly. "What brought you back from New York?" The small town of Redrock doesn't have a lot going for it. It's in northern Texas gets good amounts of rain for Texas.

Oh yeah and we've got a large ammount of Sulfur down in the mines. Typically it's hard to get to. Though years ago some egghead figured out that's what caused the mass death of cattle in 67' the mines have been open ever since.

"I mean you must have had it good. I barley recognize you City Girl." That last part was a bit of a jab. In honesty, I don't get why she's talking to me. When she left it had been rough. Now I've got new friends and a few are waiting for me. I sigh and look at Dawes. It wasn't easy talking to her again.

Death101
06-26-2015, 02:37 AM
[Duplicate Post, My bad.]

The Cockatiel
06-26-2015, 02:53 AM
He asks why I'm back. Of course he would, but I wish his first question could have been anything else. "Just needed a change," I say. When he calls me City Girl, I realize that maybe the circumstances under which we left each other might still be foremost in his mind. "C'mon, Henry." I try my old, familiar rogue smile - the one my dad always called my 'Han Solo grin' - but it dies somewhere before it reaches my lips. "Yeah, it was good at first. But you know me. I can't stay in one place for too long. Gets boring. But I think I might be back for good, now."

It's true that I never really stayed in one place for too long. Always exploring, always riding off, always looking for somewhere that people had never been before. People shook their heads over it, said that "that Dawes girl needs to get herself settled down", and didn't think much until the next time they heard about me. Wouldn't they be shocked to hear that I planned on staying here. Yet it was true. New York wasn't a palatable habitation for me any more, and Redrock was the only other place I had family that I actually knew. Sure, there were cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents scattered all across the continent, but I hadn't had any contact with them in years.

Dad was still at the ranch. So the ranch was still home. The day we moved in, he had declared that he would stay in Redrock, Texas, until he died. After the fiasco that New York had become, I had decided to stay with him for the same length of time. Maybe I would stay here all my life also. I'm not planning to say anything but the words come out anyway. "Am I really that different?"

The Cockatiel
06-26-2015, 02:53 AM
[I guess double posts are catchy.]

Death101
06-26-2015, 03:26 AM
"I don't know, that remains to be seen. None the less the gal I knew wouldnta ever left Texas." Before I can contuine the door to the classroom is kicked open. Cowgirl boots walk in. They belong to Molly West. One of my current stable hands. "Henry! You Sonva Bitch! Get your ass out to that truck! We's gots work to do!" I sigh and get up. Molly is fucking pissed. I know better then to argue with her when she's like this.

"Hehe, looks like Henry pissed of his wife again." I slap one of my buddies as I walk by. They always joked bout me n' Molls. As long as I can remember. Molly mixed in a few moths after Dawes left. We become fast friends and are almost always together. So a lot of people seem to think we're in love or dating. Truth is I don't really see Molls like that. I mean, she'd pretty. Then again so Dawes.

"Dawes, I'll see ya round City Girl." This time is a mixture of scorn and confusion. I talk Molly's hand and start out. "Ooooh." I flip off my friends as we leave. I don't notice Molly's Blushing face. As we exit the room.

https://www.telltalegames.com/talesfromtheborderlands/resources/img/feat-home-fiona.png

The Cockatiel
06-26-2015, 10:29 PM
I can't help but smile - it's a smirk, really - when a girl walks in and starts yelling at Henry. Back in the old days I would have gotten myself right into the middle of his mess, but for now I just step aside and wait to see what happens. He's made it clear that things aren't the same between us. The comment one of the other students make about Henry's wife surprises me. The old Carey would have made some sassy comment, but I stay silent and ponder. My arms cross across my stomach, the fingers wrapping around elbows. "See you, Country Boy." I can still fight fire with fire.

After Henry and the girl leave, I walk up to where the teacher still sits at her desk. We make small talk. She asks me if things have changed, how long I'll be staying, if I know what electives I'll be taking. I ask if the football team hs been doing well and if Mr. Lamon is still on staff for the student newspaper. The answers to both questions are Yes. I smile, she says something pointless, and I leave the classroom. Dad is sitting outside the principal's office when I come, and I apologize for making him wait.

"De nada," he tells me. "You ready?" I nod and follow him out to the truck. The radio starts playing again as soon as he turns the key and the air conditioner kicks a blast of half-warm, half-cool air into the cab.

Death101
06-26-2015, 11:10 PM
We walk toward my truck. "Hey, boss can I ask ya something?" I glance at Molly. "What's up Molls?" She thinks as we open the doors to the truck. I pull my keys from my pocket. "What's that girl's relationship to you?" I look over at her as I start my truck.

"What do you mean?" I ask slowly and start to back the truck out of the school parking lot. "Well, I've never seen her around before. She seemed like she know you pretty well." She pulls out a cigarette and lights it. "Want one?" She ask and I nod. I grab one from her pack. She leans over and lights it with her own.

"She's just a girl I knew growing up." I say and flip on the radio and slip in my AC/DC disc and hit play. The sound of Big Balls start playing though the car. "Okay boss." She says and smiles at me as we drive along. Little did I know that we returned to my families ranch that she is there chatting with my dad on the porch. I roll up. "Hey Pops, Hey Grandpa." It was me my mothers father and my dad. My mother was abroad doing things for her family.

http://car-from-uk.com/ebay/carphotos/full/ebay682360.jpg

http://www.seriessub.com/series/actors/58394.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/29/66/98/29669849524c4f52152be6858d4fcd46.jpg

The Cockatiel
06-27-2015, 05:03 PM
For once, the bad idea wasn't all mine. Dad said he needed to talk to someone before we finally headed home. I didn't know that 'someone' was Henry's family or I probably wouldn't have agreed. Still, it would have been awkward for me to just sit in our truck staring out into the pasture, so I went with him. His conversation was with Henry's grandfather, and I had known the whole family well before I left, so Henry's father and I sat on the porch.

Not too long after we got to the ranch, a red pickup truck entered the yard. Of course it was Henry. I'd been talking with his dad, shop talk about training horses and buying cattle, but when I recognized the two people in the truck I lost my train of thought for a moment. Something wasn't going to end well, I was sure of it. Although Henry and I had squabbled before - it was a natural part of growing up together - since my return from New York, all five minutes of it, something had been perceptibly different between us. I waved since it would have been rude not to, bu I was pretty sure either Henry or his girlfriend/wife/whatever were going to get out of the truck and come up onto the porch to see what was going on.

The Cockatiel
06-27-2015, 05:03 PM
For once, the bad idea wasn't all mine. Dad said he needed to talk to someone before we finally headed home. I didn't know that 'someone' was Henry's family or I probably wouldn't have agreed. Still, it would have been awkward for me to just sit in our truck staring out into the pasture, so I went with him. His conversation was with Henry's grandfather, and I had known the whole family well before I left, so Henry's father and I sat on the porch.

Not too long after we got to the ranch, a red pickup truck entered the yard. Of course it was Henry. I'd been talking with his dad, shop talk about training horses and buying cattle, but when I recognized the two people in the truck I lost my train of thought for a moment. Something wasn't going to end well, I was sure of it. Although Henry and I had squabbled before - it was a natural part of growing up together - since my return from New York, all five minutes of it, something had been perceptibly different between us. I waved since it would have been rude not to, bu I was pretty sure either Henry or his girlfriend/wife/whatever were going to get out of the truck and come up onto the porch to see what was going on.

Death101
06-27-2015, 07:44 PM
I park the truck in my small garage. Me & Grandpa wanted to do a project or two so we built it last summer. We both used it, there were to bays. One for his projects and one for mine.

I back in and turn off my truck. I hop out Molly gets out and goes to do work. "Hey Pa." I slap his back as I always do when I get home. Just walk by Caroline, I don't really have anything to say. "I'll be upstairs doing my home work. Then I'm going out. Roy and I are gonna goes' bowling at the lanes." There isn't a lot to do in Redrock. Bowling was the real big thing here.

The Cockatiel
06-28-2015, 12:30 AM
I hadn't really been expecting Henry to say anything to me, but I wasn't exactly expecting him to ignore me either. Thankfully the girl went to the barn instead of joining him, or I probably would have gotten tied up in "polite" conversation. His father noticed that Henry didn't talk to me, I'm sure, but he didn't bring it up. New York girls would have dissected his silence until they read things into it I couldn't have made any sense of. Redrock folks usually didn't bother doing that. They took things at face value. I could hear my Dad talking in the living room; it sounded like he was almost ready to go, so I stood up and brushed my jeans off, waiting for him.

Death101
06-28-2015, 01:28 AM
I sigh and have a change of heart. "Hey City Girl!" I call from my now open window and smile as I throw down something she should remember.

Things will be awkward but I am being a jerk. "Welcome home... Caroline." I say as she catches the old & worn cowboy hat she'd left with me. "We ride every sunday." I say and smile at her. I then start to turn to go back to my homework.

The Cockatiel
06-28-2015, 01:35 AM
Dad joins me on the porch, says goodbye to Henry's father, and we start walking toward the truck. When Henry yells out his new name for me from the window, I'm sure this isn't something I'm going to want to hear, but I turn around. He throws something down that tumbles through the air to land in my hands. When he tells me when they ride out, I call, "I'll be here in the morning!" and wave. I put the hat on my head, smiling as the headband slides across my hair. Dad's waiting for me, so I run to the truck and jump in. He beeps the horn in farewell and we leave Henry's family's ranch. The drive to our own won't be long.

Death101
06-28-2015, 03:43 AM
Sunday Morning

I slowly start to saddle up my horse. "So, Odin you ready?" He gives a slight shift as a yes. I smile kindly at him as I finish getting him set. "Let's roll." I say and mount up. Odin is a giant black draft horse. As we walk out I see most of the guys.

"Yo." I say and they nod to me. "So, how are you?" I ask em and get a few different answers. We wait around a bit for Caroline. As she trots up I smile at her. "Hey Caro, good morning." Saturday hadn't really been anything big but now it was okay. "So, hows things Caro?" I am using her old nickname again. I mean it was odd but I'm trying to get back to normal.

The Cockatiel
06-28-2015, 11:30 PM
I wake up early on Sunday morning, something I'd never done while in New York. It takes me a little while to actually wake up, but after I've showered and dressed I'm not quite as tired. My old horse Ranger is still in our barn, a wiry grey who was part Thoroughbred and more than ready to be out on a ride again. The tack is still clean, probably my Dad's work, so I don't have much to do besides feeding and grooming him. When he's saddled, the black leather laying smoothly against his steel-coloured coat, he looks like a horse from the magazines. Dad waves goodbye to us from the porch, still holding his first cup of coffee.

I let the reins slide through my hands as soon as we pass through the last gate between my family's ranch and the open range. Ranger knows what that means and instantly breaks into a ground-eating lope, his ears pricked so that they nearly touch at the tips. We make good time to Henry's ranch, even though I ease him back to a trot as we come onto his family's property. A few other people are waiting as I pull Ranger to a halt, his back legs shifting underneath him and sending up puffs of dust. "Hey, Henry. Things are great." I smile, partly because I'm glad we're talking again and partly because it feels so good to be back on horseback. "So where are we going today?"

Death101
06-28-2015, 11:53 PM
"3rd Circle?" I hear someone ask me and look over at them. "Who else wants to go down to 3rd Circle?" I ask after it's mentioned. More hands are raised then not. "Alright people, third circle it is." I say and then move to take the lead. "Caro, just follow us and stay some what close." It's easy to get lost in the area around Redrock.

Between the great planes that are to the north edge and then all the rocks around. I give Odin a light kick and I take off. Everyone falls in behind me. We do a trot because 3rd Circle is about a hour and a half ride but worth it. Things as they stand well, 3rd Circle is a good place for me and company. Plus it'll be good to show to Caro just in case.

The Cockatiel
06-28-2015, 11:57 PM
I don't know what or where 3rd Circle is but I raise my hand with the others - I've always been up for unexpected challenges. Even New York couldn't change that about me. Henry moves to take the lead and I move Ranger after him. Although his instructions to stay close aren't really necessary, since I'm not planning to take off on my own into the bush, I smile and nod. Ranger tries to break into a lope again when we pick up the pace a bit, but I ease him back down into a trot that matches the pace of the rest of the horses, turning him in a wide circle off to the side of the group before bringing him back to Odin's side. I know that Ranger would rather a faster pace, but since neither of us know where we're going, that isn't a good idea. Maybe we could push it on the way back; I decide to ask Henry afterward if I remember. For now I enjoy the passing scenery. Despite the attractions of a big city like New York, there's no place like Redrock.

Death101
06-29-2015, 01:00 AM
3rd Circle, Texas

The 3rd Circle was a old smugglers den. Given the recent Embargo on most Chinese goods it was easy to get things here and normally for cheep. A lot of what's made in China is sent though Japan then to here. This is one of the things I don't want to tell Caro but lately I've gotten to know the darker side of our line of work to get by. "Ey! Henry!" I look over as we enter the small what used to be a old west mining town.

"Oi! Loki ya crazy bastard it ready to go?" I ask and he nods. "All set." I nod and lead them towards the barn. Me and my friends had claimed when we first found out about 3rd Circle. After unhitching we're walking 3rd. "Guys, go do your stuff." They nod and walk off. Just before Caro does I grab her arm and shake my head. "3rd isn't the place you want to get lost in by yourself." I say and start to walk and easy my grip a bit and lower my hand to hers.

"Follow me, we'll shop after this is done." Molly isn't here she's handling things at the ranch. She knows I'm at 3rd. I'd gotten my gun this morning. I only keep it on me if I'm going to 3rd. "Also, please when we get to where we're going don't talk." The guys we're meeting with are hard core SOB and I can't be sure what will sent them off.

The Cockatiel
06-29-2015, 03:43 AM
The old mining town intrigued me. I'd never known of something like this in the area and I was itching to do some exploring. An old barn that Henry and his friends seem to have claim provides somewhere for us to leave our horses. I do a quick double-check of Ranger's gear before leaving him with the other horses. From where we are, I can't see much of the town, but when I go to follow the others, Henry holds me back.

"Don't talk?" I repeat, both amazed and worried by his words. "Henry, what is this place?" I was starting to get the sense that other people than myself had changed since I'd left Redrock. "Are you doing something wrong?" I'm starting to be worried about my old friend, apart from our less-than-pleasant initial reunion. The way he's talking makes him sound like we didn't come here just for a normal pleasure ride.

Death101
06-29-2015, 04:21 AM
"Long story short. Things are hard. I've had to do less pleasant things then I would wish." I speak in a hushed town. "You shouldn't be surprised. You know my family history. I'm related to the pirates of Okinawa. Both the ones in today and of ancient. My family used to be Yakuza as well." I speak in a strict tone as I enter this segment.

"You might not understand it, but what America is doing is wrong. The Embargo could and very well might start world war 3. If working with the Triads and Chinese agents can prevent all out war I will." I say and then we enter a small old musty building. I do my business as fast as I can and exit. The small box wrapped in brown paper in hand. I'll need to explain to Caro more later. She saw my work. I shot & killed a man just now for my Chinese counter part.

Later, Small Room at the Muddy Boot

I sit and glance over at Caro. "So where should I start." Caro was tied to a chair for safety reasons. Both mine and hers. I had sent the others back. I needed to convince Caro to keep her mouth shut. Which meant I'd need to be very carful with how unfold how I got pulled into this mess.

The Cockatiel
06-29-2015, 06:02 PM
"Of course what America's doing is wrong," I said. "People in America have done a royal job of screwing things up ever since they started enslaving and murdering Native Americans." For someone who was born and raised American, I tended to be harsh on my own country when it came to politics. Henry's explanation is one I'd have expected to hear in the big city, not at home, but I understand it. Despite all the questions I have, I keep my mouth shut. Until Henry's ready to talk, he won't want to, and trying to push him will just get us both angry.

Of course, when I'm later tied to a chair in a room, there's plenty of things I want to say, and most of them aren't questions. "You could start by untying me," I suggest. "Come on, Henry, what do you think I'm going to do? Run off, on foot, into a criminal town out in the middle of nowhere? The others probably took my horse. I don't care what happened to get you into this. Believe it or not, this isn't the first time I've seen something like this. While I've been away, I've grown up, but that doesn't mean you have to be afraid of me or worry about me."

Death101
06-29-2015, 06:17 PM
"I'll untie you later. Give me a second." I go into the bathroom and wash my face. I don't know what the fuck I am doing at this point. I slowly wander back out and sit down. "Okay, before I untie you. I need you to tell me that what happened here won't leave here. I'll explain anything you want to ask but I ned you to promise me that before I untie you." I am weary of uniting her.

She is my childhood friend but I am very on edge. I sit just a bit away from her and wait for her to answer me. Call it whatever you wish. Paranoia but the guy whom was in the chair that I shot earlier was my old business partner and another good friend of mine.

The Cockatiel
06-29-2015, 09:18 PM
"Of course I'm not going to tell anyone, Henry," I say. And it's true. While I would have lied to anyone else, I've known Henry long enough that I'm going to be honest with him. Hopefully he'll do the same. "But I do think you need to tell me something - what's been going on since I left for New York? People were screwed up there but I never expected anything like this at home. How did all this happen to a little place like Redrock? And... Does my Dad know?" I don't want to think that my dad could be mixed up in things like this, but then again I never expected to see Henry in a situation like this.

Death101
06-29-2015, 10:26 PM
I sigh and look at her dead in the eye. "Simply put, things are getting harder. I don't want to work the farm anymore. I've been getting deeper and deeper into this shit. As for when it started. Long ago, 3rd has always been here. I just found out about it after I started hanging out with Big Chuck." I mention a local thug at my school who sells drugs.

"Chuck & I are partners in a few things." This is hard for me to tell Caro because when we were kids Big Chuck was the guy who picked on us. All of us, once he'd even gotten Caro a week long exile from the school. He used... well rumors we shaln't say here. "Chuck and I needed a safe place to work. We came down here set up shop. After that things just happened." I think about what else to tell her. "Listen, I know that this is a lot to process." I say slowly and think of how to break it to her. "I'm Yakuza." I slice her ropes now and help her up.

"My grandfather brought me in two years ago. Chuck and the guys. They are on my payroll. My Grandfather isn't retired. He's still the head of the Sonozaki Family." I speak of the infamous Yakuza my family has led for generations. "It might not be easy but I've gotta support my family." I start towards the door. "I wish I could tell you more Caro, I do." I pull a smoke from my pocket and light it up. "But... I can't, I don't want you to get tangled up in this." I say slowly and open the door. "Now, let's go home." I start for the stairs and take a drag on my smoke.

The Cockatiel
06-29-2015, 10:37 PM
I'm amazed that Henry is now partners with Bic Chuck. That guy was picking on us since we were kids, and I'm sure he hasn't changed since I left for New York. Henry's comment that this is a lot to process is an understatement. I understand when he tells me that things "just happened"; it's because of things "just happening" that I left New York. I try to smile when he mentions going home, but I'm still in shock of what he's told me.

I follow Henry outside and we walk toward the barn where we left our horses. The others seem to be long gone and I'm glad of it. This would harder if it wasn't just me and Henry. His confession had been almost casual, telling me of everything that had changed and his part in it. We get to the barn and saddle our horses. The ride back home is halfway gone when I speak.

"We can't go home yet." It's my voice, and my mouth saying the words, but I hadn't planned to say anything. "Just hear me out, Henry. I'm not going to start squawking at you for doing what you had to. I understand, and I guess things are different for both of us. Neither one of us could have seen this in the future, for either you or for me. But now that you've admitted things to me, I think I need to be equally honest with you. You told me about what's happened with you and I need to do the same."

Death101
06-30-2015, 12:08 AM
"Then what has happened Caro?" I ask slowly glancing at her as we leave the edge of the 3rd. I am a bit taken back she's got something to tell me as well. I mean I'd sensed a change but I wasn't sure how drastic it might be.

Though, all I can do right now is ride slowly and listen to whatever it is she must tell me. She listened to me even when I'd tied her up and been very unfriendly towards her.

The Cockatiel
06-30-2015, 12:32 AM
"Stuff happened in New York," I say. "That's probably obvious, since I've come back to Redrock instead of staying there. But you were just pretty honest with me, back at 3rd Circle. And you could have kept it a secret from me. Now I'll be honest to." Although I had made my mind up to tell Henry what had happened, I still had no idea how. Ranger snorts, dropping his head, and I'm glad for the momentary interruption.

"New York City was big," I tell him. "And there was a lot of illegal stuff that went on. Gang wars, drive-by shootings and armed robberies. The media has been kept in the dark about a lot of the stuff going on around the high-end neighbourhoods. Stuff that I got mixed up with on both sides of the law." It was hard to explain this, even though I didn't have to hide anything. "Henry, I'm here because New York gang leaders want me dead and the NYPD broke the law both to get me into trouble and out of it. And I think there might be something else wrong but so far I've been too afraid to find out. I was kidnapped by the rival of a guy I was in a relationship with - a gang leader. He's in custody of the federales and I came out here because he's supposed to be deported soon and he wanted me out of harm's way."

Death101
06-30-2015, 01:52 AM
"I know what goes on in New York, I'd heard some big shots girl was on the run. Couldn't have guessed it was you." I chuckle at the thought of it all. "Thankfully though Texas being what it is. Crime from various parts of the states get mixed and fall apart less they are sported by someone within Texas." I say and that's that.

"As far as I care, what happens at 3rd stays there. If someone comes to Texas looking. Well they won't leave Texas... that simple." I say and look at her and slightly grab my gun to make my point more clear.

The Cockatiel
06-30-2015, 02:54 AM
"I never thought people would have heard about Rick and I all the way out here," I say. "Must have been big news. Hopefully nobody connects the dots. Now that I'm home I don't want to run again." Although Redrock isn't much, especially compared to bigger cities, it's still home. Rick was the only person who made New York palatable, especially since my mom still hadn't bothered to spend a lot of time with me.

"I guess not much gets past you guys out here, with your connections to the 3rd? If you hear anything about Rick... Please let me know." Usually I'm the one joking and laughing, but right now I'm completely serious and a little quiet. Rick and I were very close and I still want to know what happens to him despite our separation.

The Cockatiel
06-30-2015, 02:54 AM
"I never thought people would have heard about Rick and I all the way out here," I say. "Must have been big news. Hopefully nobody connects the dots. Now that I'm home I don't want to run again." Although Redrock isn't much, especially compared to bigger cities, it's still home. Rick was the only person who made New York palatable, especially since my mom still hadn't bothered to spend a lot of time with me.

"I guess not much gets past you guys out here, with your connections to the 3rd? If you hear anything about Rick... Please let me know." Usually I'm the one joking and laughing, but right now I'm completely serious and a little quiet. Rick and I were very close and I still want to know what happens to him despite our separation.

Death101
06-30-2015, 03:42 AM
"I'll see what I can do. We hear more then you'd think. While Texas crime is usually done by Texas crime groups a lot of the money from other ventures and groups go through here on their way to other places." It was true. All the northern drug & crime money went south & vice versa. Same with West &East.

"Anyway I'll see ya in school on Monday." I say this as I keep riding. She hadn't noticed how far we'd traveled while talking. My ranch was only about 15 minutes away. I wave as I keep riding.

The Cockatiel
06-30-2015, 03:15 PM
"See you Monday," I reply. I hadn't realized how far we'd gone while talking. I guess thinking about Rick had distracted me from where we were going. I manage to smile and wave back to him as we part ways. Ranger knows we're close to home, and I let him break into whatever gait he wants. In moments he's at a brisk lope, verging on a gallop. When I realize how close we are to an old trail I used to ride all the time, I turn him toward the foothills about half a mile distant. Ranger's strides lengthen as we come to a hard-packed swath of rock, solid footing almost like asphalt. We both enjoy the trail, which slopes up toward one of the closer, lower peaks. At the end of it I rein him in at a bend in the trail similar to an overlook and dismount; we both stand there breathing hard. Eventually I remount, but I spend almost an hour there thinking about what Henry and I had been talking about today.

Death101
06-30-2015, 05:12 PM
Monday Morning, Parking Lot

"Hey Boss!" I look over at Big Chuck is walking over to me. "Hey Chuck." I smile kindly at him and he gets off his bike. "So, did you get it?" I ask and he nods. "Yup, heads up!" He throws me a white bag. It's the stuff I needed to sell later today. "You have any trouble brother?" I ask as I slid it into the trucks glove compartment.

"Nah, it was all good man." I nod and me, Big Chuck & Molls all walk towards the school. It's pretty good all things good. We enter the classroom and I give a nod to Caro. We make our way towards the back of the class.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/nCt3F7Zo2Po/maxresdefault.jpg

The Cockatiel
06-30-2015, 06:08 PM
I'm almost late for my first day of school, but I manage to rush into class just a few minutes before class starts. Henry comes in right after I do, so close that I must have barely missed him. The girl from yesterday is with him as well as Big Chuck. When Henry nods to me I nod back, pausing just long enough to make sure he isn't going to talk to me before bending over to get a notebook out of my bag. Although I never found much use for most of school, and knew half the rest already, I always paid attention. New York's classes were even more boring; but here in Redrock things were a little more laid back and the teachers were better, at least in my opinion. I slid down in my seat a little, sacrificing posture for the sake of laziness.

Death101
06-30-2015, 06:51 PM
Our teacher comes in and smiles. "Mooring everyone." He's an easy going teacher he just starts class and I close my eyes and nod off for about half an hour until it's time to switch classes. Next period was wood-shop for myself and Big Chuck. I've no idea what it is for Caro. For Molly it's Gym A Block.

She's got gym twice a day. "Later Molls." I say as she stats down towards the gym. "Hey Caro,what do you have next?" I ask looking over at her.

The Cockatiel
06-30-2015, 07:31 PM
The class is okay but there's not much to keep my attention. The teacher seems nice enough but I can't help but be distracted; for most of the class I'm on my phone searching the internet for news about Rick or things happening back home regarding the gang wars. When class ends I put my phone back in my bag. Henry comes to ask me what I have next and I put my bag on the desk. "I've got some kind of Literature next," I tell him. "Honestly I might skip it. Out in New York, I tested out of all my Literature classes. Guess they didn't note that on the transcript they sent over here with me. What do you have next?"

Death101
06-30-2015, 08:24 PM
"Wood shop, but we're not gonna go. We never do." I say and start out Chuck following close behind. "We're gonna go and crash on the roof." Our school has a rooftop garden where we normally hangout when we didn't want to go to class.

This is one of those times. "We'll see ya around." I say and we start walking again and talking briefly about the deal then we start up the steps and out of earshot.

The Cockatiel
06-30-2015, 09:04 PM
"All right, see you. Don't fall off," I joke with a smile. I know he probably won't, but I can't help teasing him. After he and his friends leave, I gather up my things and go to the school library. Practically nobody is there, since teenagers tend to avoid books like the plague. Setting my things down by a chair in the corner, I cross my legs and lean back. One of Rick's subordinates, Ben, texted me while I was in class but I'm just now reading what he sent me. He tells me that he and some of the other gang members managed to free Rick and they're on their way down the coast to the Florida Keys to get him to Puerto Rico. I get up and start getting my things together, but then I realize I won't be able to help them in any way so I sit back down, looking shell-shocked. The ringing of the bell startles me at the beginning of the next period.

Death101
06-30-2015, 09:40 PM
"So, what's going on Chuck?" I as looking off into the distance. "Things aren't looking good." I turn to face him. "Oh?" He nods slowly. "Yup, the Chinese government is getting ready to come to America to talk about this Embargo." I feel my face drop. "They're what?" I ask stunned.

"You heard me, they are going to come to America. Their Prime Minster is going to be coming to Dallas." My eyes go wide as a number of things play out all bad. "When?" I ask slowly starting to walk for towards him. "17th." I think for a moment and think of how this will play out. "Get men to Dallas by then." I'm not sure what we can do but the presences of a large group of Japanese and other Asian groups might bring down the chance of something happening.

The Cockatiel
06-30-2015, 09:55 PM
When the bell rings I try to get my things back together but I only end up scattering my books across half the floor. By the time I get them together, I'm late for class. Of course it's math class that I'm late for - the only one I have any trouble with. The teacher is halfway through some complex set of numbers and letters by the time I make it to the door, and I can feel her glaring at me as I look for a seat. I'm glad I already have a notebook in pencil in my hands since it means I don't have to waste time looking through my bag. Hopefully Henry isn't here to see me make a fool of myself. I think of what Rick's reaction would have been and start blushing furiously. Great, now I look even stranger.

Death101
07-01-2015, 02:23 AM
Lunch Room, Later

I sigh and lean back. "Shit man." I say as I sit down next to Caro. "So how are you getting used to being back?" I ask as Molly and Chuck join me. This question came from the fact that she was sitting with several cheerleaders. The schools ladder top three actually.

However I don't even give them a glance as I sit next to Caro and ask her my question. They look unhappy but don't leave.

The Cockatiel
07-01-2015, 05:55 PM
"School is going well," I say, toying with my food as a grin spreads across my face. "I heard something from back home that's even better. Rick's headed for the Florida Keys on his way to Puerto Rico. His friend Ben and a couple others picked him up just south of New York." I don't want to say anything plainer with three cheerleaders sitting with us - the news that I know a guy named Rick will be all over by the end of the school day anyway. I take a sip of my drink and ask, "So how was your day?"

Death101
07-01-2015, 07:23 PM
"Bad, tell Rick to switch gears. I need people in Texas." I think of a way to give her a message without revealing to much. I come up with a way almost off the top of my head. "The Eagle and Dragon are about to come to blows." My meaning behind this is something most will pickup on. Eagle is America, Dragon is China.

"A Hydras head is about to be popped from it's shoulders." This is less so, government is going to come under fire. "The army of the be damned needs to gather on Hells Doorstep." This was saying that Criminals she or I know needed to gather here. Due to the large amount of Sulfur in the mines Redrock was nicknamed Hell's Doorstep. "You dig it?" I ask only hoping she got my meaning.

The Cockatiel
07-01-2015, 07:45 PM
When Henry suggested Rick 'switch gears' I stared at him in surprise. His code makes sense to me, or at least I think it does. Something will be going down between America and China, there's going to be trouble, and we need to get my New York 'contacts' together here. The reference to Hell's Doorstep confused me for a moment until I remembered reading about the town's nickname in a book about local culture. Later on I'll be able to ask him without others overhearing to make sure I understand and to make plans. "Dig it like a grave," I answer when he finishes. "I'll call Ben after school and we can make arrangements." My brain is already far into the future, mapping out possible scenarios and thinking of everything that could go wrong.

Death101
07-01-2015, 08:21 PM
I nod and finish my lunch quickly. "Chuck, let's go. Caro, meet us at my farm after school." I say and then we stat off. "So, what now Boss?" Molls looks at me with a worried expression. "We'll work, as we always have." We head off for the gym which is what we've got next. Molls gym block B was our A block.

Later, Sonozaki Farm

"So, that's what we are looking at." I say just as Caro enters the barn. "Hey Caro, took your time getting here." I say teasing her trying to lighten the mode as a whole. Everyone was on edge now. Word had gotten around fast though the gang.

The Cockatiel
07-01-2015, 10:22 PM
I nod when Henry tells me to meet them later. "See you then." The cheerleaders are looking at me strangely now so I leave the lunch room for my next class, getting there earlier than anyone except the teacher. As soon as school is out, I head home, not bothering to stop and socialize with any of the kids I used to know. Once I get home, the house is empty so I just leave a note for Dad telling him I'm riding over to Henry's. Ranger is dozing in his stall when I get to the barn, but as I start to saddle him he seems to pick up on my urgency. Unlike the last time I rode him, I push him to a gallop right away, and the miles between my ranch and Henry's fly past. I slow him to an easy canter as I approach the barn, dismounting almost before Ranger stops. Henry's teasing barely brings a smile to my lips; I'm focused on what he told me at lunch. "Yeah, sorry. So what are we looking at?"

Death101
07-02-2015, 02:14 AM
"As it stands." Molly says rolling out a map of Texas. "Something that will start world war three lest it's prevented." I say and point at Dallas. "The Chinese prime Minster is meeting President Dixon in Dallas for talks about ending the Embargo." I say and pull out a cigar and lean over to chuck whom lights it.

"That wouldn't be a problem cept' that Anti-Chinese & Anti-America protesters are going to be there." I say and then slowly look to the few guys whom are here. "Texas is already talking about succession from the union for a second time." I glance around and people have a mixed mess of emotions.

"There is a good chance Prime Minster Yu-long will be killed & President Dixon as well." I say and look at her. "They are going to meet in three days time on the 17th. We're going to head to Dallas and at best save one if not both. I'm only aiming for one though." I point to a small toothpick with the Chinese flag on it. "So, Caro. The question is are you with us on this?" I look up from the map after telling her all this. We didn't really have a plan. We were going to show up in force and just wing it.

The Cockatiel
07-02-2015, 03:49 PM
I listen carefully to everything Henry and his friends have to say. World War III would definitely be bad thing to trigger. The word that Texas is talking about secession again isn't really news - people have wanted it for years - but if Henry and his people are bringing it up, it must be a serious possibility. I'm not sure whether I'm for secession or not, but the chance of rebellion excites me. Henry says that both the Prime Minister and the President might be killed and I catch my bottom lip between my teeth, studying the map. When he explains his plan, I nod thoughtfully. "If you work with Ben and my people to get Rick here safely, they and I will be with you." I tap the map next to the toothpick. "Three days from now."

Death101
07-02-2015, 08:37 PM
I look at Chuck. "Do it, Caro. Let's go for a ride." I say start for the exit of the barn and seeing that Odin is still saddled I'd rode him for a bit when I'd come back.

I needed to unsaddle him later but for now it did well enough. "We've got something talk about that I don't want the others to here." I say as we start off for the wood area around the farm.

The Cockatiel
07-02-2015, 10:30 PM
I nod when Henry agrees, satisfied that Henry and his crew will keep their word. When Henry asks me to join him privately, I'm surprised but I follow him. Ranger waits patiently outside the barn from where I'd left him. Fortunately he remembers he was trained to be ground-tied or I'd probably have to be searching for him right now. "So what do you want to talk about?" I ask Henry as we pass out of hearing range of the barn. "Rick and my people will agree to the decision we made today, if that's what you're worried about."

Death101
07-03-2015, 12:18 AM
"I want you to be ready to flee the country if necessary." I say and the look at her trying to gauge her reaction. "My cousin is coming up this way on his old PT boat. It's just in case. If Texas fails to leave the Union." I think of a better way to explain this. "The likely hood of us saving both of the world leaders is negative 99.97 %." I explain as we enter the woods.

"Just in case we've got a plan be. I'm Japanese born, you know this. My people and China have finally reached an agreement after many years of bloodshed." I think of all the small battles during what was called the Japa-Chin conflict over a small set of territories in the Chinese/Japanese sea, or the Asian straight as it was now called. "Listen, if China gets away Japan will side with them even if they don't." I say and stare her dead eye. "We're talking Japan Samurai stand shit." I let go of one reign and wave on arm as if it was a Katana.

"My biggest fear is Interment camps being re-opened which might happen anyway. If Texas fails to leave the union should the president, prime misnter or both get killed. I'm fleeing to Hawaii then to Japan. Should that event happen I want you, your father, Rick & his gang to come with me." I speak in a brisk town now trying to get it all out in fear of my throat closing due to my nerves. I hadn't wanted to tell her this but I felt she must know at the very least.

The Cockatiel
07-03-2015, 01:50 PM
"Ready to flee the country?" I repeat, astonished. I listen to him explain and I begin to understand what he means. I hadn't really been expecting our likelihood of success to be high, but I hadn't been thinking it would be so low. The prospect worries me, but I've already given my word that my people and I would help Henry's crew out. When he waves his arm around like a Katana, Ranger shies away a little but I barely notice. "Henry, my dad doesn't know anything about what happened in New York. He doesn't know the real reason I came back here, I only told him that I wasn't getting along with my mom. Which is true, as always, but it doesn't quite have the shock factor of being caught up in a New York gang war. How am I supposed to tell him that my best friend and boyfriend are both in major criminal trouble? I'm not even sure he'll want to leave the country at all. I mean, he just turned fifty a couple months ago. How are a bunch of kids and an old man supposed to make it to Hawaii and then Japan?"

Death101
07-03-2015, 05:15 PM
"We're not just some kids. We've got a Yakuza backing us and a fleet of pirates." I says slowly and look at her. "Things are never that simple. We'll need to drop down to Hawaii then make a jump to Japan. We'll make it, trust me." I put out my hand.

"Please, trust me you need to. I can't leave you here not again. You're my best friend." My eyes are full of worry this was a long shot. For all I know she could say no and ride off. I really didn't want to lose her again. I've lost to many people in these recent years.

The Cockatiel
07-03-2015, 05:35 PM
When Henry puts out his hand I take it. After all, I've already gotten myself mixed up in all this, so I can hardly desert him now. "Of course I trust you. With the Yakuza and the pirates, I'm sure we won't have any trouble getting Rick and the others here. That will probably be the easy part, but I'm not scared about what's going to happen. I'm just wondering how Dad is going to take it. I don't want to have to choose between him, and you and Rick."

Death101
07-03-2015, 05:58 PM
"With any hope it won't come to that. Now then let's turn around and head back." I say slowly spinning Odin around towards the way home. This would be a stretch of a week until it is time to head for Dallas. Even so we'd hold hong as we always have.

The Cockatiel
07-04-2015, 04:18 AM
"Yeah, I hope it won't, either," I say. When Henry turns Odin to go back, I direct Ranger after him. For the rest of the week, I have a feeling we'll both be distracted. A thought comes to me and I can't help laughing. "This isn't exactly how I thought my first day back at school would be," I say with a smile. "Planning to transport criminals cross-country and hoping to stop a double assassination and making arrangements to flee the country. Here I remembered little old Redrock as being boring when we were kids."

Death101
07-04-2015, 04:16 PM
"Yes, well things got fucked up a long time ago." I say, I'm aware that's a massive under statement. Redrock was still pretty much the same but it was the people whom have changed. I'm still me in some aspects but now I'm more of a killer then a talker.

3 Days Later, 3rd Circle

"So you're Rick hm?" I ask offering my hand out to shake. "I'd say it's a pleasure to meet you but under these set of reasons I can't really say that it is." I say and wait for him to shake my hand before I say anything else. I duno why but If someone shook my hand I found it a bit easier to trust them.

The Cockatiel
07-04-2015, 06:21 PM
The last three days passed quickly for me. Henry and I still talked but we didn't go out of our way to meet. I spent a lot of time tracking Rick's progress and being on the phone with Ben or one of the other guys. Most of Rick's men were coming to Texas directly from New York, and a plane carrying about half of them will land in Dallas sometime later today. Rather than stop to meet with Henry's group, they've flown direct to save time.

On the day that Rick is supposed to come to Texas, I, of course, get held up. By the time I get away from the house I've wasted almost twenty minutes. I push Ranger into a gallop as soon as we leave the ranch, and he responds eagerly. We get back most of the time but I'm still almost ten minutes late. As I gallop toward 3rd Circle, I hope that Rick hasn't also been delayed.

--

Rick was still taking stock of the room and people in it when someone who was obviously their leader came in. "Yeah, I'm Rick," he said. "Can't say yet whether it's a pleasure." Though he eyed Henry's outstretched hand suspiciously, he shook it with a firm grip. "You must be Henry. I've heard a lot about you from Carey. Speaking of which, I thought she would be here."

Death101
07-04-2015, 06:44 PM
"Her old man held her up. She's riding this way now. I'm guessing she told you why we called you down here?" I ask taking a seat on a bale of hey Molls plops down next to me. "I know this is odd but the way I see it we're gonna need all the help we can get. Much in the way the Mafia carved Las Vegas and the Triads brought around Maos Regin crime must once again change history." I am not used to speaking in such a poetic manner but it seems to fit the moment.

The Cockatiel
07-04-2015, 07:01 PM
"Carey and I haven't talked much since I got arrested. I didn't let her come to the jail. But she's passed on word through Ben. You're ambitious, trying to do something like this. Do you really think it's going to work?" Rick asked. "And what kind of security do you have for my people? I'm grateful for you giving me a place to come to but I want to know what I'm getting into before Carey and I get in too deep. How do I know I'm not helping you assassinate the President and Prime Minister, instead of saving them?" Rick didn't care if he seemed to be rude. While he owed Henry and his people something, he wasn't about to dive into things without checking facts.

Death101
07-04-2015, 07:24 PM
"We'll have Evac waiting, and if we were going to kill them it'd start World War 3. Which is why we're not going to. I want to push off World War 3 as long as I can. The world is ready to go to war again and no one will survive another world war." I say matter of factly. It was that simple. We couldn't fail so we wouldn't. We needed to save at least one if we could.

The Cockatiel
07-04-2015, 08:15 PM
I finally get to 3rd Circle and find the building that Henry had set as a rendezvous for himself and Rick. Leaving Ranger at the door, I rushed inside and find the two of them talking. Rick looks like he was about to say something but as soon as he sees me he smiles and holds his arms out. I run to him and hug him tightly, relieved that he's safe. He picks me up and spins me in a circle before setting me gently down again. "How are you doing?" I ask.

"I'm great," he says. "Mark took pretty good care of me on the way here. He and most of the others decided to head back to New York. They said somebody had to defend our home turf."

"You've been talking with Henry?" I ask, looking at my old friend.

"We've got everything straight," Rick tells me, "unless there's something else he wants to bring up."

Death101
07-04-2015, 08:20 PM
"Not that I can think of tomorrow we're going to head for Dallas but we're gonna spend the night here. So, for now I'm gonna go and set some things up and get on the horn with my boys that are already in Dallas." I stand and leave so that these two can catch up.

The Cockatiel
07-04-2015, 08:28 PM
"See you later, then," Rick says, and Henry leaves. He still has an arm around my shoulders and I feel more comfortable now than I have since leaving New York. Ben wanders over to the corner and sits down out of hearing range, giving us our space.

"Tell me everything that's happened," I say as Rick leads me over to one of the hay bales used as seating. "I want to know all the details. Even though you can't even remember what you had for breakfast yesterday."

"Oh, and I guess you can?" Rick teases. He sits down and I sit next to him, bringing my legs up beside me and leaning against his shoulder. 3rd Circle bears almost no similarity to our old hangouts in our New York territory, but this pose is familiar and comfortable. We talk for a while and I can't even remember how long I've been here. So much has happened since we last saw each other that it seems we'll never be caught up.

Death101
07-04-2015, 09:38 PM
"Okay, so that's the plan?" I nod to Molly. "Now then we'd best go pick up the last few things we need." I say and start for the back door. "Okay let's go." She follows not that far behind me. She knew this was a long shot. It was something that needed to get done though. If someone didn't prevent world war three all could be lost.

The Cockatiel
07-06-2015, 01:37 AM
I notice Henry walking past outside and I turn to Rick. "Give me one minute, okay?" I ask. He nods and I get up. "Hey, Henry, wait up!" I call. "I was wondering if you were planning for Rick and Ben to stay here tonight. Otherwise I was thinking that, if my Dad might have to flee the country with us because we failed to avert World War III, it might be good if he knew who we were going. He already knows you but I never told him about Rick, so..." I gesture back toward the building where I had left Rick. "He probably needs to find out before everything risks going to hell."

Death101
07-06-2015, 08:29 PM
"Then go tell him, but make sure you do it in a way that won't drive him over the edge." I say and start for the gun shop which we need to drop into. We've got a few things that need to get here and there. I wasn't really sure what else to tell her. I'm not the best at moments like these.

The Cockatiel
07-07-2015, 01:15 PM
"Thanks for the advice," I say with a roll of my eyes. "I'll be back early tomorrow morning. Maybe earlier if Dad freaks out. See you, Henry." I go back to get Rick and we ride double on Ranger back to my ranch. My dad is waiting on the porch, his feet up on the railing as he drinks a cup of coffee; it's been the same every night for as long as I can remember. Rick dismounts before I do and holds his hands out to me to help me down. As we walk toward the porch Dad realizes that I'm with a boy he's never met before and he stands up, setting his cup on the porch railing. I bite my lip, release it, and start talking.

Death101
07-07-2015, 07:34 PM
We finish buying what we need to and get it onto the trucks we're going to take to Dallas. "Let's hope we don't fuck this up Molly." I say and she nods and we start for the barn to rest. It had taken a bit of work to get everything onto the truck. Had been a pretty big pain actually.

The Cockatiel
07-09-2015, 10:47 PM
My dad doesn't take the news very well, and if it weren't for me standing there I'm pretty sure he would have tried to throttle Rick or do something equally unfortunate. We end up talking all night long, each of us sitting on a chair in the living room. Sometime around 4 A.M., Dad makes another pot of coffee and tells Rick to come with him for a private chat. They go outside onto the porch and I'm left standing on my own watching the coffee percolate. I realize that if things actually do go bad in Dallas, it would be best to already have some of my things with me, so I go upstairs to pack. By the time I come down, my dad and Rick seem to be getting along better than they had before. The three of us manage to get breakfast without talking about what's going to happen today, but afterwards Dad tells me he'll be in Hawaii as soon as he can. When I explain to Dad that we need to go in order to make the rendezvous with Henry and his people, he nods and tells me to take his old reiner, Blue, from the barn. In minutes Rick and I are out of the house and ready to go. Dad brings out a set of saddlebags and tells us they're packed with food and drink and a few sets of extra clothes for Rick. I give him one last hug and then Rick and I ride off. We get to 3rd Circle a few minutes early but I don't think anyone is going to mind. It seems like Henry isn't here yet but I'm not sure.

Death101
07-10-2015, 02:24 AM
I exit the barn with a slightly dazed Molly locked arm with me. Last night had been a bit of a rush. Feelings between Molly and myself have always existed. Neither of us liked to admit it. They were like gas hidden at the bottom of a mine. A pocket ready to go. All it took was one match to ignite it. And last night that match came in the form of us resting down on the same hay bail.

"Oh hey guys." I look up and see a bit confused Caro. "You guys ready for this?" I ask as I start towards Odin, Molly doesn't leave my side. She if anything holds tighter when I speak of our task and ask if they are ready.

The Cockatiel
07-13-2015, 09:14 PM
[I thought I replied to this days ago, shit! I'm sorry!]

"Ready as we can get," Rick says. We're holding hands as we walk, the horses flanking us. "Carey's dad said he'll meet us in Hawaii. He took it pretty well, I think." He glances at me for confirmation and I nod.

"Honestly, I didn't think he'd take to Rick very well," I confess. "But he's dealing with it. Shocked but stable. When are we leaving today? A couple of our boys called Ben and said they'd be here in about an hour. It's up to you whether we wait for them or let them follow us. We'd need a rendezvous point in Dallas though." I notice how close Henry and Molly are and smile, realizing what happened. "Looks like we'll need at least two private rooms," I say with a little smirk.

Death101
07-14-2015, 12:00 AM
"Haha yeah well, shit happens." I say and Molly smiles at how I answer them. "And tell them we'll meet them at the WW2 Memorial. Follow me we're going to ride in a limo." I say as I start walking towards the convoy. I'm quickly flanked by several of my men following in step.

The Cockatiel
07-15-2015, 08:15 PM
"A limo?" Rick murmurs, looking sideways at me. I shrug, just as surprised as he his. "How about you deal with the horses, and I'll go find Ben. Meet you back here?"

"Yeah," I say, and reach up to kiss his cheek. He goes to find Ben and I lead our horses over to the stable where Henry left Odin. It doesn't take me long to untack them, and since we used reins that clip onto the bit, I can use them as tie ropes since we rode with the horses' halters under the bridle. By the time I'm finished, Rick and Ben are waiting for me outside. We run to catch up with Henry and the others.

"He really has a limo out in the middle of the Texan desert," Rick says to me.

"Apparently," I reply with a giggle. "Hey, Henry, where did you get this from?"

Death101
07-15-2015, 11:29 PM
"It's 3rd Circle, did you forget what I told you? This place is a smugglers den you can find just about anything the greasy, greedy human heart can want." I say as I enter and slip over and am followed by Molly. The driver is just a faceless member of my crew.

The Cockatiel
07-17-2015, 03:08 AM
"Up in New York, you can't even get a cab to Broadway," I say with a giggle. "And out here you have a limo!" I tug Rick after me and join Henry and Molly in the limo. "Oh, and Ben is handling the rendezvous with the rest of our guys. They should be there by the time we are, or just after. Most of them are planning to stay in the country but it seems like a few are willing to come with us to Hawaii and beyond."

Death101
07-17-2015, 03:39 AM
"Oh yes that reminds me. If we fuck up in Dallas and shits the fan. It might not matter where the hell we go. We're taking nuclear-fuck-Holocust here." I say turning serious and staring at them. "So god fucking help us all if the worse comes to pass." After that the ride is spent in silences. A serious air threatens to kill us if we stay in the limo much longer.

8:30 PM, Dallas

"Lets move people. They'll be here in half an hour." I say as my men move into positions and I watch with binoculars. We had come up with a last minute plan and gotten myself & Caro a VIP invite to the event. Know I'm in a three piece suit and Caro's getting dressed. I felt like an idiot. Our cover story was that we are two Texas baron's children that are childhood friends. That part is true.

What makes it awkward as fuck is that we are supposed to pretend lovers. I can still see Molly & Rick fuming right now. Hell I can see smoke coming from the roof where Molly is. None the less it was agreed this was our best shot. I walk down the stairs a few flights. I fix my tie then knock on the door and sigh. "Caro, you ready? The dress they got you is okay right?" I sigh and on the wall.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/1c/f1/e6/1cf1e63248c713ed54b1758c7bfd613b.jpg

The Cockatiel
07-17-2015, 04:04 AM
Henry's sudden seriousness takes both Rick and I by surprise. A sarcastic retort immediately rises to mind - And Dad thought my grades were seriously screwed - but for once I keep my mouth silent. Now is neither the time or place for being funny. If we fail, it never might be.

8:30 PM, Dallas

I'm still a little angry that Henry has as going as lovers. When Henry's grand scheme was shared with the rest of us, I thought for sure that Rick was going to strangle Henry with his bare hands but he managed not to. Although if something goes wrong tonight, Rick might not be the problem. At least our cover story is something that I'm familiar with. Still, I'm pretty sure that Rick is currently in his room throwing his switchblade at a dartboard. Someone knocks on the door and I freeze in the act of adjusting the clip in my hair. Henry's voice reassures me that nothing has gone wrong, and I call, "Just a second!"

I grab the silver clutch purse that matches my dress and walk to the door. When it opens I see Henry dressed in a suit, something I'd never seen before. "All right, ready," I say as I pull the door closed behind me. "Do we have time to stop and see Rick on the way out?" We had the same room, but I hadn't seen him since I'd gone off to try on the dress.

http://i57.tinypic.com/ohn0c1.jpg
http://stunningdresses.net/images/dresses/2012/04/one-shoulder-silver-cocktail-dress.jpg

Death101
07-17-2015, 04:29 AM
"Yeah, I want to give him a last minute piece of the plan I didn't mention before." I say slowly and start walking. "With any open at the very least it'll put his mind at ease about our cover." I say slowly and sigh. "Caro I'm not happy about it but its what had the most stable background when I was thinking up a cover." I say as we start down to the room where Rick should be.

The Cockatiel
07-17-2015, 06:09 AM
"I'm fine with the cover. Although I think Rick is going to murder you if you kiss me," I tell him with a grin. When we get to the room Rick and I are sharing I knock. "Hey, Rick, open up. It's me and Henry." I hear a scuffle inside the room like he gets up from a chair and then footsteps approach the door. Rick opens it and glares at Henry a moment before turning his gaze on me.

"You look gorgeous," he says to me, then looks at Henry. "I guess you guys are going soon?"

Death101
07-17-2015, 12:00 PM
"Mhm, she wanted to stop in. But I also had to tell you meet up with Ben overlooking the entrance on building four. He needs someone to watch his back." I say and then I go over a bit to give then some time to talk and say what they must. It's almost time so they know and I know they need to make it fast.

The Cockatiel
07-17-2015, 07:44 PM
I can tell Rick is relieved to be matched up with Ben instead of a stranger from Henry's crew. And it's a good decision on Henry's part, since the last thing we need is a turf war while trying to stop a nuclear apocalypse. Henry moves away a little and Rick leans against the doorjamb, smiling at me with an expression that's almost a roguish smirk. We keep our voices down so our conversation stays private. "Here's my dad's number," I say after a few minutes, handing Rick a slip of paper. "Make sure he stays safe, okay? And if something happens..."

Rick doesn't give me the chance to finish my sentence; he cups my cheek in his hand and kisses me. "I know," he says. "You wanna know what I know? All you Texans are gonna go out there and save the world." He kisses me again, this time a quick lips-on-cheek touch. "See you later, baby."

I smile. "Bye, Rick." He closes the door and I go to join Henry. "Let's do this," I say.

Death101
07-17-2015, 10:11 PM
"Yeah, the limo is waiting to pick us up. We've gotta keep up the appearance." I say as I start down the stairs. "We can't blow over cover no matter what happens." I say as we enter the limo. "I know this is awkward as fuck but we've no choice but to use this." I say slowly as the limo starts off.

The Cockatiel
07-18-2015, 08:16 PM
"Yeah, it's awkward," I agree. "But a girl can't pass up a shiny dress and a limo ride, can she?" I smirk as I look at him, remembering when the only car we drove was my dad's old truck. "So do you have any idea who's going to be at this party? It's probably best we both know what we're getting into tonight, besides the whole nuclear apocalypse thing."

Death101
07-18-2015, 09:47 PM
"World leaders from several countries, senators, governors. Rich people from around the globe. Our main goal is to get close to the president and prime minister and make sure nothing happens. They'll be talking on the second floor so we'll need to work our way up and around to warn them. I've got a contact waiting inside among the presidents secret service." It was last minute but another one of our childhood friends had recently been added to the secret service the youngest member actually.

The Cockatiel
07-19-2015, 12:02 PM
"High-class party," I remarked. "Trying to impress me?" I asked with a grin. The news that one of our friends had made it into the secret service surprised me. "Sounds like we all went pretty different ways, didn't we? You in 3rd Circle, me with Rick, a guy in the secret service. Next thing you know one of our classmates is going to be running Wal-mart or something."

Death101
07-19-2015, 03:01 PM
"Well, fate plays out in funny ways. Also here take this and put it in your ear." I say and pull out a small ear piece and offer it to her after I switch it on. "Molly is getting into the cameras. She's going to provide overwatch." I say and see we're almost at the entrance point.

The Cockatiel
07-19-2015, 07:28 PM
"Fate is indeed strange," I agree. I take the earpiece and put it into my ear, making sure it fits comfortably. "Yes, sir, Mr. Bond," I say, laughing. We're almost at the entrance and I look forward curiously. Big-scale events like this are something I'm unaccustomed to.

Death101
07-19-2015, 09:28 PM
"Molly you got into those fucking cameras yet?" I ask and wait a few moments. "Yes, and we're starting operation in t-minus 10, 9" We pull up the curb and get out. "8, 7 ,6" We're on our way up the stairs and get our invite check. "5, 4, 3" We're walking down the entrance room and into the ballroom. "2, 1 go." We slowly start towards the dance floor. "Come I need to check the room and we'll use the dance as a cover." I say as I take her hand and the lead.

The Cockatiel
07-20-2015, 12:36 AM
I can hear Molly counting down in my ear as Henry and I go approach the building and go through check-in security. When Henry suggests we dance to get across the room, I have to admit that it's a good idea. But I can't hold back a smirkish grin when I think of what Rick would be thinking if he saw. I let Henry take the lead as we move onto the dance floor together.

Death101
07-20-2015, 05:44 PM
"Okay we'll mingle a bit then we'll work our way towards where they are having the meeting." I whisper in her ear as we slowly join in the waltz. I scan the room and notice several exits and my crew whom are part of the staff ready in case it's a large scale attack.

The Cockatiel
07-21-2015, 05:52 PM
I let Henry stay in the lead since he knows more about dancing than I do. The fact that he can dance at all surprises me, since I don't remember ever having seen him do it before. My mother insisted I learn basic ballroom dances while in New York but I hadn't thought I would ever use them. A smile rises to my lips as I think of what she would say if she knew how I was putting my education to use. She certainly wouldn't approve of it; after all, she hadn't even wanted me to move back home to Texas.

Death101
07-22-2015, 02:36 PM
I slowly dance the way across the floor towards a door that leads of our meet up point with our friend. "You ready? It's about to get hard." I say as we slip out the door I start to walk for a staircase.

The Cockatiel
07-23-2015, 08:26 PM
[I'm going to be on vacation from July 27th to August 3rd and won't be bringing my laptop. Just wanted to give you a heads up.]

"I'm ready," I say, although I'm not quite sure that I really am. Henry goes toward a staircase and I follow him, keeping pace even though I'm curiously looking around to see as much as I can. "So who's our contact?"

Death101
07-24-2015, 03:12 AM
"You recall Elly Crompton?" I ask reffering to our old school queen. Elly had most of it. Looks, Money, Brains, Brawn. It had been no wonder when I heard she was secret severivce now. As we start down a long hallway. I know Elly will pop out to meet us any moment now.

The Cockatiel
08-05-2015, 04:57 PM
"Elly Crompton... Oh, yeah! I remember her." I smile. "I guess it's no surprise she made it into something big-time like the Secret Service."

Death101
08-05-2015, 05:39 PM
"Was wondering when you'd get here. The president and prime minister have been alereted and are on the move let's go and meet them." I glance up and see a smiling Elly she is fairly relaxed given what's going on. "Yes, I agree." I say and start to follow. "Oh yes welcome home by the way Caro." She gives her a smile nod as we start for the way to the parking lot.

http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire2/937a1326dd7593119ca171246728e1b91432990142_full.pn g

The Cockatiel
08-23-2015, 12:50 AM
It surprises me that we're actually going to meet the president and prime minister, although I guess I should have expected it since we're here for the sole purpose of saving them. Elly looks relaxed considering several world leaders might be murdered tonight, but she wouldn't be in the president's guard if she was easily shaken. I wasn't expecting her to address me but I smile and say, "Thanks. I've heard you've done well for yourself while I was gone."

Death101
08-23-2015, 02:02 AM
Soon enough we're in the front car leading our way out of here. "Caro be ready with that M60 if anything happens." I say the cars we put in an order so that myself and Caro were leading. Tailed by Elly and several SS agents. Then the Prime Minster & President behind them several of my men.

The Cockatiel
08-23-2015, 08:20 PM
"I'm ready," I say quietly. I notice several of Henry's men trailing us and felt a little more comfortable, but I was still nervous enough that I had to clench my fingers to keep them from shaking. Hopefully nobody noticed - they'd probably be laughing at me if they did.

Death101
08-23-2015, 08:38 PM
"Yeah it'll be over and we can go fucking home." I say and push my foot down onto the gas. "People heads up your going into a hot zone be ready for some bullets." I nod as Molly speaks into my ear. "Thank you for the heads up tell Nick, Ron & Paul to head over here and quell the riot after we're though." I say slowly and light a e-cig. "Got it boss." She stops takes a deep sip from something. No doubt wine. "Molly don't get drunk until the job is over." I say slowly and I hear a sigh.

The Cockatiel
08-27-2015, 11:37 PM
Henry seems confident that we'll get out of this, but I can't help wondering if home will still be where we left it. Especially if this mission doesn't work. Not too long ago - just a couple years, really - we were just a bunch of kids. I'm amazed at how much we've changed. Molly sighs as Henry tells her to stay sober, and I know exactly what she feels like. Once this is over, though, I doubt any of us are going to stay sober. I fidget in my seat, my fingers automatically stealing to a smooth silver band around my forefinger. I twist it absentmindedly as I look out the windows.

Death101
09-17-2015, 08:22 PM
Ten Years Later, Texas

Things had gone smoothly that day and the world was slowly back onto it's peaceful future. I sit on my porch as I see Caro's truck pull up she and her boy had settled down on their farm. I had taken over mine and married Molly. I had nearly died during that little trip up to Dallas protecting the world leaders.

Just after their planes took off someone popped a shot at Caro and I'd leap in front of her. It'd narrowly missed my heart. After that I finally decided I wanted to marry Molly before I died. I'm pulled from my thoughts as my little girl runs out towards a now exiting the truck caro. "Aunt Caroline!" She yells and jumps to hug her. I slowly walk over my father stayed on the porch my grandfather had passed away about three years ago just after Little Nacy was born. Though it was a happy passing. He'd met his Great-Granddaughter and be there at my wedding. He'd always lived a good life so his passing was celebrated. He'd passed during the night so it was peaceful for him.

"Hey Caro, here for movie night?" I pull my little five year old ball of trouble off Caro's leg. Every other sunday night we all met up on my farm and watched a movie. Texas had become an independent nation even with the events in Dallas. Given the sitution the president had been in and that the Texas 3rd Rifle Brigade had been there to help he'd granted Texas the right to leave the union but set up a large amount of laws with the newly elected president of Texas Davis O'Donald.

It was called the Mutual trade agreement. It meant that companies that where based in Texas before the split would only pay taxes in Texas and companies that were US only had to pay a small operation fee in Texas. It was also agreed the Embergos couldn't be place on Texas by the US and vice-versa. But never mind that tonight's movie was a class it was The Godfather Part One. "So you guys bring the beer it's your turn tonight." I grin as ask this it was nice to have a live that was finally settled down.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/a8/ae/35/a8ae3524d43ff3f4e83a80389a14730b.jpg

The Cockatiel
09-18-2015, 08:38 PM
I think both Rick and I had been surprised to make it out of Dallas alive. Henry had taken a bullet from me and almost died - he'd been lucky. Shortly after Henry's and Molly's marriage, Rick asked me to marry him. Dad was there to give me away, and he told me that he thought I was making the right choice. Considering that he'd only known Rick for a couple days before we left to save the world, his acceptance made me pretty proud. Two years after our marriage, our little family had doubled in size - I'd had a daughter and we'd adopted twin boys out of New York. We hadn't realized what kind of terror we were inviting on ourselves. Dad had come to the rescue and had become an invaluable child-wrangler.

As soon as I start getting out of the truck somebody yells my name. "Hey, Nacy!" I answer, grinning widely. Rick helped our daughter get down from the backseat. The boys had decided to stay at home with their grandfather, so it was just three of us.

"Wouldn't miss movie night," I tell Henry. "I'm pretty sure it says in the national constitution that we get every other Sunday night off." By now Rick and our daughter, Reagan, had caught up to us. Rick was walking with Reagan's feet on top of his boots. In the last ten years, he'd changed in his appearance a lot. The tattoos covering his arms were the only thing that made him look different from any other rancher out here.

"We've got a couple six-packs in the bed of the truck," Rick said. Reagan hopped down from his shoes and waved hello to Nacy. He put an arm around my shoulders and pulled me close into a hug. Even though we'd been together for ten years, he always loved to hold me. I leaned back into his embrace and smiled at Henry's dad, who was sitting on the porch. Although I never thought we'd make it here, I couldn't say I wasn't happy.

Death101
09-20-2015, 11:35 PM
"Haha, your grandfather is smilie' down at us Henry." I sigh, dad knew how I felt about religion, even so Molly had changed and found faith in Buddha for the most part so I tolerate it. Though the first time Rick asked me if I'd come to service with him I'd almost laughed right in his face. But I was a tolerant man.

I refused Rick wasn't overly religious he just seemed to enjoy raising his kids right. I felt the same way, I taught Nacy things from the teachings of her people though, my people. The Samurai, Vikings, Cowboys & others. Though I'd also taught her right from wrong. I aim to teach her to not be a wussy but not carry out the things me and her mother once had. I finally focus as we head into the house my dad lights his pipe and we go for the living room.

The End