PDA

View Full Version : A Shadow of a Killer Redub [M]- OOC

Mr.Cynic
07-22-2015, 05:13 PM
Rated M: Fantasy violence, gore, minor horror elements, foul language, drugs,

A Shadow of a Killer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJkb9u4ykwo

Dear Romano,

I fear for my political seat. There are many men in the shadows, many men looking at me as a target for death. I ask as an old friend, I ask as an old contact, could you send someone to silence these men for me? I heard that you have a few unsavory characters for hire.

Sincerely,

Gustoff

Dear Gustoff,

I have sent my Skylark. I always will always favor old contacts, for as long as my old contacts pay well. Burn this paper to find the location of the dead drop.

In Mechanical London, in 1879, the nights are becoming dangerous as demons prowl the night. Ancient hounds, whose breath smells of sulfur, and molten saliva drips from terrible fangs. A plague has struck turning the undead. And all though there are these fearsome things that stalk the night, there is also a different kind of shadow. A shadow that stalks the rooftops. It is a dangerous game to play at night.

But someone out there needs to do the job. While the common people are threatened by the supernatural, fear of the sunset, the rich, getting fat and subjecting the people to political and wealthy terror are being stalked and hunted by a mysterious group called Chain Men. Political strife, political ploys of death, men in the shadows, and supernatural lurkers. What has this world gone to?

The Plot

Set in London, England in 1879 this RP takes place in a steampunkesque London. With a little more technology, made from grinding gears. You are one of the members of the Chain Men, thieves and assassins for hire that torment and terrorize the wealthy, who have tormented and terrorized the poor for as long as there have been poor and wealthy.

This job would be easy if for not the fact that London has been struck with a curse. A plague had struck the people, some of the dead rise when the sun sets, while hell hounds emerged from the shadows. Not only do you have to fight for your own survivability, but you also have to take out your mark on time.

The Rules

Follow all of RPA Rules

GM Word is Law

I am a lenient GM, and I do not have a posting requirement. All I ask is you can write a post at once or twice a week. And make them detailed and appropriate. I do not have a posting requirement, but I recommend at least a paragraph.

No God Moding

No Mary or Gary Sues

Your character might die

Please Communicate to me if you cannot make it or drop out of the RP. I completely understand if you have to

And most Importantly have fun

The Chain Men Gang
In the bar, The Winking She Devil, there is a back room, reserved for the group known as the Chain Men. Including myself, there will be 8 in total.

I'd like to make it also clear that the Chain Men don't necessarily lone wolf missions, but don't necessarily work together either. If you want to cut out deals with each other and compromise who gets what, then that's entirely up to the characters.

Maybe, when I originally created this RP, I didn't make this very clear. Considering my writing style, I love throwing little kinks in your RP. I was trying to leave a little mystery. The RP is not always going to be about you stealing stuff. In fact, I had a much more devious plan in store for this RP. I mean I took heavy inspirations from Assassin Creed, the Thief games, and Witcher. So do expect interest, intrigue.

Slot 1- Myself Robert "Brass" (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=74603&p=2565453&viewfull=1#post2565453)

Slot 2- Hime- Sparrow 'n Wolf (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=74603&p=2565579&viewfull=1#post2565579)

Slot 3- Dawg- Samuel McKanner (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=74603&page=3&p=2566636&viewfull=1#post2566636)

Slot 4-

Slot 5-

Slot 6-

Character Sheet

Name: [what is your character's name]

Code Name: [When out on your missions, do you have a code name. This is optional]

Calling Card: [do you have a calling card, do you put a joker card on those you have fooled. This is also optional]

Appearance: [Semi-realism, drawn, no anime in this case unless and the only exceptions are realistic anime pictures. The time period is set in Steampunk London, so also remember that]

Personality: [likes, dislikes, who is your character, dynamic, evolving personalities]

Skills: [what are some skills they possess]

Weapons and Gear: [what are some weapons and gear they carry]

Occupation: [within in the Chain Men are you an assassin or a thief or a jack of all trades type]

Chain Men Relationship: [so your history and background will most likely be disclosed in the RP, at your characters whim. Instead in this section, define how, and why your character became involved with the Chain Men. How long have they been part of the Chain Men]

Mysterious Tool: [I will be PMing everyone with a unique mysterious tool each Chain Men carries]

Theme Song: [kind of optional, I mean I will accept characters without them, just a sheet feels naked without them]

Mr.Cynic
07-22-2015, 05:19 PM
Name: Robert Oswald Hart

Code Name: Brass

Calling Card: Often leaves floral gifts, most of the time leaving petals of deadly nightshade on his victims

Appearance:
All though many have questioned his ability before, no one questions his skills in the Chain Men. Behind the leather hood, reveals a young man who has not seen a day of hard work. Perhaps he had always been in the Chain Men. Perhaps he had always been a solo child of the night. A blond, 5'4" individual with lean muscle. Enigmatic, young, interesting, and lethal. All would describe him.
Exactly like images

http://oi58.tinypic.com/11szhfl.jpg

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2dt9if6.jpg

http://oi59.tinypic.com/s3liex.jpg

http://oi61.tinypic.com/b71i1i.jpg

Personality:
Maybe his biggest inexperience is his youth, he is fiercely independent and does what he sets out to do. He can be very my way or the highway, thus many don't see him as compromisable nor do they go out of the way to team up with him. Often he's projected as stubborn, and maybe idealistic, to fiercely defendant of his own thoughts and opinions, doesn't listen to what other people say because he already thinks he has the best solution. Though often, Robert is a child at heart and in spirit.

Either he doesn't take his job too seriously or perhaps, he has found a way to have a sense of humor in these dark times or perhaps saves a sense of humor in these dark times. He often possess a sick sense of dark humor, he will often been seen before hitting a house, watching for nights on end his marks closely, often rift tracking their dialogue for his own entertainment.

He has also been to seen having lengthy conversations with corpses. He can get carried away sometimes, and will often go to experimental, weird extremes when speaking with the other Chain Man. Often saying off the wall commentary with bizarre imagery. He also either possesses either a unique way of navigating the city. He's a storyteller, and often has the best stories of the evening. Its still not really determinable if his stories are real or not.

All though often not seen as a serious individual, most people don't or probably will never experience the complexities of his life. As he uses humor and rigidity as a defense mechanism to gloss over the dark eccentricities of his life they don't know about. He likes white wine, zombies, joking, and stories often the one to prompt the other Chain Men to tell stories around the table of their late night adventures. He dislikes beer and red wine, death, cruelty, violence, and stiff character types.

Skills:
Loot Scoot and Boogy- He is not a killer by trade, and he doesn't like unnecessary death. To be honest death makes him paranoid, especially considering the fact that people are coming back as the undead recently. However, he is quite the catch. He has a keen pick pocketing skill, which is the original reason why he was invited into the Chain Men. Often never felt or scene, he can easily pin point a person's belonging just by the size of their pockets, and where all the weight has shifted, quickly snatch it, and quickly disappear. The same goes for houses, he has a run down P.S.B.J.D. [Paintings, Safe, Bookcases, Jewelry Boxes, and Drawers] often he robs houses blind. But he has a great eye for what is valuable and what isn't.

Free Running and Parkour- Easily able to move around any object, he is an accomplished, fluid mover in the night, on any surface, he seems to be catlike. He is quite acrobatic even with his Hydraulic Gear Rifle. He seems fearless in many situations. While others might hesitate to jump from a roof to a tiny, thin beam hanging from a scaffolding, he takes the opportunity to fly.

Dead Eye- His Hydraulic Gear Rifle isn't for looks, he possesses quite the accurate eye through the scope. Often always hitting his target or mark he sets. He has a high accuracy rate, but due to his own inexperiences his accuracy is decreased by stress, pressure, and nervousness if there is to much movement in a home.

Appraisal- Often he can tell other Chain Men, thieves mostly, whether or not they have crap or not.

Weapons and Gear:
Hydraulic Gear Rifle [see pictures above]- Robby possesses a Hydraulic Gear Rifle, that he acquired as a reward, or perhaps in this case a reward he stole from stealing from the Montgomery's home. It's a high powered, steam and gear powered rifle, with accuracy, and power. However, it can jam from time to time if firing to many shots at once, and once its been shot the user has to make sure that they hit their target or mark or else they have a whole room of alerted people.

With this he possesses a few different ammo types for different situations. Often he uses his

Steam Foggers- Bullets that when are shot create a thick fog for about 3 minutes, easy escapes, and easy distractions as he sneaks into homes.

Steam Bangers- A high powered bang comes from these bullets, often uses as a distraction, the sound always comes from a different direction than the shot itself.

Steam Sparkers- So zombies really hate light, the sparkers create a flash of light, however, they also can get the attention of not only the undead, but the living folk as well.

He also has, strapped to his back, a extended club, this club is used just in case he is found and can't get away without a scrap.

Grappling Hook, though often not used because of his free form, fearless free running

Steam Powered Flashlight, you know cause if it gets in someone's eyes in the dark it can be blinding, also zombies don't like light. It requires being wound and filled with water, doesn't have unlimited battery life.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/68bgnk.jpg

His Mask acts as a respirator for his asthma on missions

Weaknesses:

Considering that he is still human, he still has his human weaknesses. Its the reason why his freerunning and parkour can be dangerous. Landing wrong, could be fatal, lethality, death, or broken bones. He can still get his ass handed to him by hellhounds and zombies too. And the other crazy supernatural stuff.

Asthma, yep you heard it hear first, the freerunning parkour thief has asthma. Sounds really god damn retarded, right?

Occupation: Thief- He is a master thief of the Chain Men, all though the title doesn't belong to him. He is often used for his ability to appraise other artifacts. However, he is also known for his blind robberies. He is often known, maybe even being praised to be given a home, sweep it clean, without even knowing anything about the house or its layout.

Chain Men Relationship: He was caught, well not by the authority. He was caught in the Winking She Devil, and not caught thieving. But trying to sneak some food from the store cellar. To repay the mysterious bartender, he was told to steal from a small estate, of a not so rich, but not so poor middle class family. Mrs. Mone had been flaunting an extremely flawless, rich looking necklaces, annoying many of the townsfolk. He took on the job with a cocky smirk, that surely annoyed the bartender. There wasn't much expectations for a thief getting caught taking food from the cellar of a bar, but he impressed the Chain Men. Not only did he get the necklace, he robbed the whole house blind. There was a lot of laughs that night, that was two years ago. And now he is big player in he Chain Men.

Mysterious Tool: Masterwork Key (http://oi60.tinypic.com/25sr6gm.jpg); This is a thing of legend. It should not exist. A strange key that can open any door in London. Any door, or any door that shouldn't exist. On a routine jewel heist he found the key in a jewel box, he doesn't even think its owner knew what it was. The only reason why he figured out what it did was because he was looking for the lock that opened with this key. Turns out he open up the whole entire house with it. He kept it from the boss, and didn't tell the Chain Men and its secret to get into the deepest secure places.

Theme Song:
Also not the genre, but I found the name of the band rofl because of how fitting it was. Also I liked the lyrics and it really fit Robby. The smoothness and control, the optimism and the beauty of it, really defines Robby. It shows his calmness in the darkest of times. And its almost a reminder to him to be optimistic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjbhUiuGGf0

It's in French, here are the translated lryics

I think although the world is calculated
I think although all is framed
That our thoughts are traced in the air beforehand
And you believe that the last taken one
She put time to your pain
Opens the eyes the world changes
Ah yes I know that a day
Ah yes I know that a day
In order to see more clearly
You must forget all the lies
Ah world changes
Relieves your heart, relieves your soul
Ah the world changes
And you believe that the last taken one
She put time to your pain
Your pain, your pain
Tomorrow another gone out
Ca hurt to say but I am afraid, I am afraid, I am afraid
Ah the world changes, the world changes
Relieves your heart, relieves your soul
Ah the world changes, the world

BumblingBee
07-22-2015, 07:28 PM
AHHH!!! CAN I RE DO MY OLD CHARACTERS TOO??!!
I SAVED THE ORIGINAL OOC AND EVERYTHING :D

Mr.Cynic
07-22-2015, 08:31 PM
Sounds like a plan Hime

BumblingBee
07-22-2015, 09:25 PM
Name: Sparrow and Wolf (She's the sparrow, he's the Wolf)

Code Name: Well ... Sparrow and Wolf, still. They don't have any other names, apparently

Calling Card: Sometimes a feather, sometimes a print, depends who did the most of the work between the two.

Age: She looks like a child but they're both seemingly 23

Appearance: http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/199/b/e/____by_winonaramon-d7r91q1.jpg

This is simply Sparrows attire.

http://www.ladiesemporium.com/store/media/vict_ladies_04_full.jpg

Sparrow has a sadly tragic case of babyface. Poor girl looks no more than 15. Her skin is pale and smooth, while her features are rounded and soft. Her eyes especially hold an ironic innocence to them. Her gaze however holds a haunting feel to it, more often than not disturbing people and making them feel more than uncomfortable. As for her figure, she's quite small and lean, barely anything on her really. It's astonishing such a girl could be capable of such ... interesting habits. Oh and she's never seen without her boater, a woman has to have a hat you know.

http://d1oi7t5trwfj5d.cloudfront.net/b4/1f/88f322d640acbc25ac3a86df701e/cillian-murphy-peaky-blinders.jpg

Now Wolf is certainly a striking young man. He's rather tall with a muscled strong frame, you don't want to mess with this one. Like Sparrow, he's of paler skin, although unlike Sparrow, his features are far more distinct. Bold blue eyes and cheekbones so sharp you could cut yourself, Wolf's got a handsome mug in a very rugged earthy sort of way. That is, when it's not littered it cuts bruises and the leftover debris of the previous nights brawl. In fact Sparrow got so tired of cleaning the blood from his mess of hair, she insisted he keep it cropped on either side.
Though he doesn't mind.
Makes him look 'ard.

Personality: The two are certainly an odd couple, if they're even together that is. They've never told a single soul why and how they got together. They may be lovers or simply siblings, but it seems unlikely the truth will surface. Two things however, are perfectly clear. They are both rooted Northerns, and speak as such. Secondly, they may very well be the best team put together.

Sparrow's swift wits and speed go hand in hand with the brawn and instinct Wolf possess. They have never come across a single fault and/or problem with each other. And its a good job too. For one without the other, becomes very vulnerable indeed. And on the rare occasions the two have been split apart, results have been more than negative.

As for a personality, it seems the two are also matched in many aspects, yet varied enough the keep themselves unique. Sparrow's certainly the quieter of the two, often only speaking when needs be (However she's been known to be quite the character when nicely intoxicated). Wolf is far more loud and bold, he's able to answer quips with his own witty remarks rather well (With Sparrows help of course) and is a sarcastic sort of man. He always seems to be saying something but not saying it straight.

Apart from that, the two are relatively private.

Skills: Sparrow's definitely the brains in the team. She'll always plan out their strategy in the best and cleanest way to get the job done. Even if said method is Wolf pummeling the poor sod to death. Yet a scheming mind is not the only talent she possesses. Due to her size and overall stature, Sparrow is clearly a nimble little thing, and can easily work her way out of a room faster than you can blink. Obviously she owns little physical strength (That's Wolfs forte anyway), but she manages perfectly well with a penknife and a string of wire and has done off with just as many as Wolf (Although the common competition between them claims otherwise)

Wolf a brute. There's no other way about it really. He may be a well dressed brute but the fact still remains. It's rare someone wins a fight with this one. Very rare. Wolf's strengths lie in simply that, strength. He's a man of many weapons, though if he had to choose personal favourites, it'd be a reliable Lancaster pistol and his own fists. Nothing more reliable that what was made in the North.

Weapons and Gear: Wolf is never without his pistol and Sparrow her penknife. Apart from that, depending on the job and its requirements, Wolf may equip whatever suits the task best. That or whatever Sparrow tells him to carry.

Occupation: Sparrow can be put to anything really that requires some brainwork, as can Wolf with anything that needs some legwork. However the two are best put to use in the delicate art of murder.

Chain Men Relationship: Even when teamed with Sparrow, Wolf's always been with the London gangs. The rough lifestyle suited him well, while Sparrow could operate him through the ranks quite nicely while she simply remained in the background. However circumstances arose that forced them to leave, Wolf had had meddlings with the Chain men every now and then throughout his Gang career so joining their security seemed as good a chance as any. Meant Sparrow could boss about someone other than him too.

Mysterious Tool: [I will be PMing everyone with a unique mysterious tool each Chain Men carries]

Theme Song: (doesn't fit the Period I know, but seriously, it's perfect. Perhaps light on the surface but far far darker underneath)

https://youtu.be/T_0gEC2OBDs

Mr.Cynic
07-22-2015, 09:27 PM
Fantastic love.

BumblingBee
07-22-2015, 09:30 PM
:flirty:

Mr.Cynic
07-22-2015, 09:31 PM
I still cannot believe Steampunk is not popular on RPA. How can this be

BumblingBee
07-22-2015, 09:31 PM
See what I mean with my videos now btw?

Mr.Cynic
07-22-2015, 09:48 PM
Hime, like I said.

It's [video] insert link /slash-video

BumblingBee
07-22-2015, 09:49 PM
Babes, I've done that. Isn't working.

Mr.Cynic
07-22-2015, 09:54 PM
Then highlight something and put the link in there. Or don't use it. Simple as that love

Cfavano
07-22-2015, 11:29 PM
would claiming the skulls of my victims be an appropriate calling card?

Mr.Cynic
07-23-2015, 12:06 AM
CF, if that's what you want. All though you might be easily caught, if you're someone who has a bunch of skulls.

Just remember they are assassins and thieves. Not outright maniacs and crazies. You also have to take the time to cut off a human head, and the trail of blood might lead to you.

Cfavano
07-23-2015, 12:19 AM
unless you cauterize the cut XD

tesla stuff ftw

Mr.Cynic
07-23-2015, 12:43 AM
This is steam powered, not electric powered.

All I am saying is be mindful. I am not saying no, just mindful

Mr.Cynic
07-23-2015, 12:44 AM
This is steam powered, not electric powered.

All I am saying is be mindful. I am not saying no, just mindful

Mr.Cynic
07-23-2015, 07:10 PM
You have seen nothing. Nothing I say.

BumblingBee
07-23-2015, 07:22 PM
?

Arelynn
07-24-2015, 01:33 AM
I saw your message, and I'm intrigued c; Guess we'll see how this turns out.

Name: Cynthia Sonder Tawn

Code Name: Taps

Calling Card: A white tulip (meaning a sign of worthiness or forgiveness)

Appearance: Average height. Dark hair (almost black) that constantly changes style on any given day. Lightning-blue eyes.
Typically wears dresses like this:
http://www.zentaifancydress.com/images/lolita1.jpg
While on jobs that don't require blending in, she wears this (minus the triforce):
http://1.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/95/52/b2936b2358d2b37061687e5972859e9f-steampunk-link.jpg

Personality:
Born into an upper-class family, she was taught in the ways of the more "civilized" people. When she was young, she loved every minute of it. What little girl didn't want to be treated like a princess? Now that she's older, however, she hate it. Absolutely disgusts it. The lies, the deceit, the false friendships and laughs, constantly trying to get the upper hand. On the bright side, she's gotten quite good at telling people what they want to hear, then screwing them over. It's entertaining, at the very least.

She enjoys it when she's on the job. Her class allows her to get close to important people. Getting in and out without anyone batting an eye is her specialty. "Casual murder" as she calls it. It's a good thing too, as stealth and parkour aren't exactly her strong suits. It's also a good opportunity for her to get back at the rich, disgusting pigs of society.

When she's not busy faking smiles and stabbing aristocrats, she indulges in local taverns and the lunacy and merriment that goes on in them, fantasy books, and anyone not horrendously boring or fake.

Skills:
Swordsmanship - A skill taught to her by her father, she's able to use her rapier with ease. Quick reflexes and light footwork allow her to dodge and parry attacks, leaving her enemies open for fatal strikes. While being versed in swordsmanship, however, she was taught in a very "by the book" basis, and can easily fall for tricks and "dirty" fighting styles.
Gunslinger - She carries a magnum revolver in instances where fighting in close-quarters isn't possible. She has pretty good accuracy, and though it is a good weapon with high stopping power, she prefers not to use it until emergency situations.
Social Standing - Knowing full well the economic power she inherited from her family since birth, she often uses this to her advantage, calling out favors from family friends or intimidating people who know her family name, which many people do. Unfortunately, since she's so easily recognizable, it's difficult for her to blend into the grittier parts of town, and others who might want her family's wealth try to take advantage of her, sending blackmail and the occasional assassination attempt.

Weapons and Gear:
Rapier - Her rapier is a family heirloom, belonging to her father before passing it on to her. It's made with Damascus steel and is a very sharp and deadly weapon up close. Its main setback is that, in an era of new steam technology and guns, swordsmanship is a dying art, and she can't deflect bullets.
Dagger in her boot - Good for shoving in people's throats.
Magnum - A heavy-caliber revolver, able to chamber 6 bullets in its cylinder. The highly pressurized steam in the gun makes it very powerful, but only able to shoot 6 shots since it depletes very quickly.

She's an infiltrator and an assassin. She can get close to people in high standing and get the job done. No one suspects the noble to do it, they would never want to get their own hands dirty! She is also privy to private information that many others would love to get their hands on, and she is eager to oblige.

Chain Men Relationship:
She turned to the Chain Men when all the familiar faces of her childhood transformed into masquerades. Some of them were a bit blunt, but she welcomed the change of scenery anyways.

Theme Song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byz6960tWxQ&list=PLaTxFi804INY1IMdf9TzsgZN4rvvApCxS&index=2

Mr.Cynic
07-24-2015, 01:45 AM
Personality: Likable and charismatic, she can fit in well with any crowd. Born from a wealthy family, she is held in high regard and is the picture-perfect "ideal woman" that young girls aspire to be. Though that doesn't make her someone people mess with or try to take advantage of, as she can be deadly in more ways than one. Her social status and connections allow her to get close to her target. Her seeming femininity gets their guard down. Then it's too late. While she does have a close circle among some of the high-class aristocracy, her smile is merely a facade, and they are easily expendable.

This personality is flat. And is very one dimensional. Expand on your personality a bit more. Likes, dislikes, hobbies when she is not on the job. What are her political opinions? By the way most of these questions are posed as examples. The point is, that the character needs to be more filled out other than oh, she's likeable. The character feels one note, and flat.

Swordsmanship - She's able to wield a rapier like a sixth sense. She has yet to be beaten in armed close-quarters-combat.
Gunslinger - Using a Pressurized Steam High-Caliber Magnum Revolver in her off-hand, she can hit things accurately and quickly. She cannot hit things far away, however

Look at a few other sheets as an example. But you need to balance these skills out a bit more. First off they need to be fleshed out. How does this sixth sense thing work? Is it really supernatural or does she have agile reflexes? Does she sense danger in battle? How quick are her response time? Then balance it out with weaknesses as well, beyond she is good at everything. Balance the skills with positives and negatives and define the skills beyond just having six sense.

@Weapons and Gears: It's the same comment I have about the skills. Balance it out with weaknesses and maybe you should cut the many weapons you have down. I mean technically Robert has 3, but has 3 different ammo types.

Define this a bit more. What does she exactly do with all of these things? How does it pertain to her skills? How does her skills come into play? How does she accomplish these task?

Chain Men Relationship: She joined the Chain Men after finding her mother and younger brother, dead, with a note beside them. Written on it was:
Chain men, chained men, how do you fare
For once you gave us quite the scare
Chain men, chained men, can you feel us now?
Our presence is growing, look at you cow!
Chain men, chained men, we'll give you a chance
Leave your leaders, their chains MAKE you dance
Chain men, chained men, what will happen if your chains are cut...?

Soon after, she sought out the Chain Men for answers and ended up joining them. She's been a part of them for nearly two years, and is a valuable asset as an inside informant of the high social class.

This should have been really discussed with me first. If you want her to be an upper high classman, whose family was killed by the Chain Men. Then, we'll need to discuss a few things before I would even allow this.

Arelynn
07-24-2015, 01:56 AM
Thanks for the feedback! I'll see what I can do about edits c:

Mr.Cynic
07-24-2015, 01:57 AM
Thank you for joining and putting up a character sheet.

crazydawg444
07-24-2015, 06:16 AM
Name: Samuel McKanner

Code Name: The King

Calling Card: The always leaves a queen chess piece at the site of his crime.

Appearance: He has pretty long hair and wears a mask while on jobs. He is also always wearing padded gear to help absorb blows.http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/200H/i/2013/342/9/4/phoenix_steampunk_assassin_2_by_stevo934-d6x9yir.jpg
When on the job he wears this jacket. He describes it as "cooler than yours".
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0658/3843/products/Y-480a.jpg?v=1413000167

Personality: Samuel is a social butterfly, a rare breed in the dark city of London. If asked what he likes he will respond with "girls, women, and ladies". His favorite pastime is hitting on the women that he finds himself around, not to say he doesn't talk to the men as well. He will talk to everyone, even when they don't want to. He is not a pervert though, and never speaks crudely or disrespectfully towards women. He is always very positive, and smiles constantly. He doesn't view the dark situation of London as a problem. He says you should just work around it. Many are perturbed with his seemingly careless attitude, but it just doesn't bother him. He believes in working with what you have and getting what you can from it. He also seems rather intelligent, and has rarely lost at chess without letting his opponent win, which he says he did every time he loses. Whenever nobody is around at the bar, he sits and plays chess with himself, though he doesn't seem to enjoy it.

Despite his cheery exterior, some have noticed concerning qualities about him. He has never been seen outside of the bar, and only talks about past bar experiences and jobs, as if nothing else occurs in his life. When asked about it, he said "There are too many girls to talk about that". And when he is sitting in silence, he has a tendency to become very unnerved and have panic attacks, these make him very paranoid and have even interfered with missions in the past, though he would never admit to that. He also lost the ability to raise his left arm above his shoulder from a fall, though he has never mentioned it to anyone. Some have also seem him walk with a limp, though they were all on separate occasions were and were passed off as recent injuries that would heal quickly. In truth, he tore a tendon in his ankle on a mission a while back, and whenever he lands on it wrong or too hard, he becomes inflamed and hard to deal with.

Skills: Fisticuffs- He is very proficient at hand to hand combat, using a style similar to boxing mixed with some martial art. It is mainly defensive, and incorporates a reverse gripped knife. It includes no grapples though.

Fun with Pointy Things- He is good at cutting things, mainly with his knife. He uses his knife for just about everything, so he is very dexterous with it. He is not limited to the knife however. He has shown ability with a sword during a short fencing match with someone at the bar. He lost the match, but he made the other guy work for it, he also made the bartender rather angry.

Check Mate- He is very proficient at making plans for his jobs. He takes every foreseeable variable and works it all into the plan to make it full proof. He looks at bodies as chess pieces and the layout as a board, and he just as good as he is at actual chess.

Nocturnal- He has grown very good vision in the dark. He can see up to 30 ft in the dark almost as well as in daylight, past that and up to about 50 ft becomes little more than an outline.

Weapons and Gear: Combat Knives- He uses them for everything, though he likely doesn't use any one for more than one task. They are stashed throughout his outfit, and nobody knows just how many he has.

Sling Shot- A wrist mounted sling shot. Sharp needles fashioned to wrist, they are often pushed down against his forearm, but he can push them up for a sling or even farther to make piercing claws. He shoots his pellet shots from it. He is not accurate with it, but he rarely uses it for anything more than a distraction, he believes in looking a man in the eyes as he kills him.

Firecracker Shot- A pellet similar to a small firecracker. It creates a flash a noise when it hits the ground. It only breaks on someone if it was fired from a distance, and is more annoying than harmful.

Piercing Pellets- A sharp pellet, some made of wood, and other metal. The vary in size and just look like small sharp junks. He rarely uses them.

Padded gear- Reinforced leather armor. It absorbs hits and falls pretty well, and can lessen the damage of a bullet at least a bit. It weighs him down a bit, but not much.

Occupation: A jack of all trades. Samuel will take any job and complete it with grace and a gloating smile. He sees no problem with stealing or killings, as it is just part of life. Despite that, he will not kill a woman, and will not allow a women to be killed if he can prevent it. When he kills someone, it is always with a knife, up close and personal. He believes it is disrespectful to kill someone in any other fashion.

Chain Men Relationship: He found his way into sneaky business at a young age, and eventually planned an assassination on his own, though he has never discussed why he did it. After some time, he honed his skills and seeked out the Chained Men. He found the bar and discussed with the bar tender. After a perfectly performed job, he joined.

Theme Song: Kuusou Mesorogiwi (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaZ7NCQwmlE&index=6&list=PLprIQJ-f6wFCnNijAwFLDw_Z-8L1B-7Jl)

Is this to your liking? I am pretty intrigued with the story to be honest, so I most certainly want in.

Mr.Cynic
07-24-2015, 06:40 AM
I really like it a lot Crazy actually. I have a few things before I can accept it:

Nocturnal- He has grown very good vision in the dark. He can see outlines for thing for a good distance, and see up close in surprising detail.

How much distance are we talking?

How far away can he see?

What does he see at 30ft? What does he see at 40ft? When can he not see an outline and when can he see an outline.

Really that's all I got.

Sharpen up, oh the pun not intended, those skills. Balance them out with weaknesses and clearer writing. Because some of them are slightly vague on what they mean.

crazydawg444
07-24-2015, 07:42 AM
I will work on it tomorrow. Honestly, I have no perception of distance so describing how far he can see will be a challenge. I can clear some of the stuff up too, they were meant to be vague, because he never talks about weaknesses and nobody knows of any specifically so everything is just rumor type stuff. I can clear it up though.

Mr.Cynic
07-24-2015, 02:30 PM
Yes. but as a GM and I will be running combats and events. These are things I need to know. That way we essentially have a bottom line. If your skills and powers are vague, some members have taken advantage of that before in the past.

crazydawg444
07-24-2015, 04:11 PM
So I cleared up his weaknesses.

In all honesty, I can not comprehend distance at all, what would you say is a good distance to see in the dark?

Mr.Cynic
07-24-2015, 05:50 PM
Well in Pathfinder if someone has dark vision, they can see up to 30ft of darkness as lighted, up to 60ft as dimlight.

crazydawg444
07-24-2015, 06:27 PM
I updated that now, is the character to your liking now?

Mr.Cynic
07-24-2015, 06:32 PM
Yes, accepted.

Mr.Cynic
07-24-2015, 06:47 PM
Look at this, if I get one more person, I'll start the IC and let the two other slots remain open. Expect some PMs of your mysterious tools in a second. It will be your choice to post them on your sheet or not.

crazydawg444
07-24-2015, 08:34 PM
So do we just reply to the message and go along with it?

Mr.Cynic
07-24-2015, 08:42 PM
Yes Crazy.

crazydawg444
07-24-2015, 08:46 PM
Alright, just wanted to make sure.

Mr.Cynic
07-24-2015, 08:54 PM
I thought it be more fun than just giving you a mysterious tool

BumblingBee
07-24-2015, 09:05 PM
Deffo more fun :D

Mr.Cynic
07-24-2015, 09:18 PM
Yes it is, especially when I get to write, SHIT, in all caps because mature, fuck the what

Mr.Cynic
07-25-2015, 12:39 AM
I put up the IC, in hopes to catch the eye of some potential members.

Hime, you may post because you now have your mysterious tool.

Dawg, once we have your tool all situated you may also post afterward

Essentially your characters are preparing to go to the Winking She Devil for the weekly meeting. Then shit will get cray in this RP, I'm using this as an introductory phase, in hopes to generate more interest in the player base.

A Shadow of a Killer IC (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=74639&p=2567131#post2567131)

Mr.Cynic
07-25-2015, 03:21 PM
Yep I knew this was going to happen:

I give you all of downtown. I give you the ability to fill in whatever you want, why they were late, giving them some kind of character introduction like a movie or something. And I knew everyone was going to start just by walking into the tavern. Instead of going out of your way to actually write something.

I thought of hilarious scenes and the way I'd introduce your characters last night as well.

One of them involved a quickie and a whore and a brothel with Dawg's character

BumblingBee
07-25-2015, 03:23 PM
Thought you wouldn't Hun... :sweat:

Mr.Cynic
07-25-2015, 03:25 PM
Thought you wouldn't Hun... :sweat:

Hmmm?

BumblingBee
07-25-2015, 03:35 PM
I had a feeling you wouldn't like what I'd written.

Mr.Cynic
07-25-2015, 03:49 PM
It's not about not liking it or not. It's a great way to get them in the tavern, but what made them so late?

What were they doing before this?

I gave you downtown to play with

Kiki
07-26-2015, 12:34 AM
Clyde. -luv- Doesn't look like you need any help, but you know the drill. I have to do my job. ;)
Happy recruiting!

In the meantime, might I offer some friendly suggestions to help you on your way?

Take a look at the Roleplay of the Week thread (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59571)! If you need a banner for a submission for RP of the Week, then check out the Banner Shop (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18912)!

You can also look at the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40645) to advertise your RP. Staff would be happy to help you advertise your Roleplay both here (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) and in the RPA Tribune (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18026).

Any questions, feel free to PM! C:

crazydawg444
07-27-2015, 01:56 AM
...ummmm, about that quickie...and whore....and brothel....Samuel is a classy pervert, keep in mind.

Mr.Cynic
07-27-2015, 01:59 AM
lol....

More like

"Shit I'm late"

"For"

"Let's make this quick"

*begins to go faster*

*bed shaking*

*throws her face forward into the pillow*

"Love you, bye"

lol

I'm only joking

Mr.Cynic
07-30-2015, 04:14 PM
*coughs*

Well.....

BumblingBee
07-30-2015, 06:28 PM
I'm still here :)

DCaesar of Wakanda
07-31-2015, 03:38 AM
Even though it was actually my nephew's birthday today, Surprise Clydesdale! Here's my CS. I figured that I would post it now and see what you thought of it and make changes when I get back on Monday. (Note, that is, if I don't have internet where I am going that is.)

Name: Alexander Kameron

Code Name: The Black Knight

Calling Card: The right hand of each of his victims is dismembered from the body.

Appearance: https://41.media.tumblr.com/e37b3ebefc9bc5dde8a9f0c05df8dfe6/tumblr_mz5c0pXsMr1r7vwruo1_500.jpghttp://orig03.deviantart.net/962f/f/2014/022/7/6/sir_evhan_temple___steampunk_samurai_warrior_by_le go999666-d7193ud.jpg

Personality: Alex would fall into the category of the strong, silent type. This isn't because he doesn't like to talk to people, but rather that he cannot. This doesn't bother him however as he is used to not saying anything. In addition, Alex doesn't have much of a sense of humor as he can't laugh either.

Although this is true, Alex does exhibit other emotions, though at times they can be hard to detect. The only way that a person would be able to figure it out is through his eyes. From the positioning of his eyes, one may be able to tell how he is feeling.

His mouth also may shift positions, though that isn't always much of a factor as he doesn't really take the half mask off of his face. Despite the negatives of his life, mostly self-inflicted, Alex likes reading. It would be often that a person would be able to find him reading in a corner by himself. He doesn't care much for the other chainmen, not trusting any of them.

Skills:

Master Martial Artist - Has mastered many forms of Chinese and Japanese martial arts in his lifetime. His more specific skill set relies in his swordsmanship, he never meeting someone else who has his skill. Although this is true, he is still a pretty good hand-to-hand combatant.

Stealth Tactics - Has also, over the years, mastered the art of sneaking up on people. Often an overlooked skill, he can easily utilize his environment to hide himself from others.

Acrobatics - Is very agile despite the weight of the blades on his side, able to perform many gymnastic and freerunning feats.

Weapons and Gear: What he brings along can vary with each assassination that he is assigned. However, he typically brings a Katana(in hands in the second picture), his family Uchigitana "The Wind Rider"(sheathed), and some throwing knives.

Chain Men Relationship: At first when he came to London, most of the killings that Alex had committed were due to vengeful purposes. However, Alex saw that he could use his talents to benefit himself. In other words, Alex became a gun for hire, though he did not actually use guns all that often. After a while, his calling card of the dismembered arm was recognized by the Chain men. Seeing as he hadn't failed on a single target yet, Alexander was recruited and eventually became one of them and has been such for some years up until the current day.

Mysterious Tool: http://oi60.tinypic.com/245he1t.jpg

Theme Song: Will post one later on...]

Mr.Cynic
07-31-2015, 04:50 AM
Yeah I need you to make the name and the Chain Men relationship visible to me. The color needs changing to readable.

Otherwise it looks good. Explain to me the whole talking thing.

DCaesar of Wakanda
08-01-2015, 02:01 AM
That better?

Also, Alex basically speaks through sign language. I would basically describe and translate the motions of his hands IC.

Mr.Cynic
08-01-2015, 03:40 AM
Okay, why DC is what I am trying to get at?

crazydawg444
08-01-2015, 05:16 AM
So Clyde, I just looked at your signature. Its rare to find another person who loves...

...um, misleading people.

Mr.Cynic
08-01-2015, 05:31 AM
I lock them lolis in my basement.

crazydawg444
08-01-2015, 06:47 PM
Oh. Careful who you admit that to. Totally not something I learned through experience.

Mr.Cynic
08-01-2015, 09:42 PM
I make sure my lolis are fresh and right off the street.

DCaesar of Wakanda
08-01-2015, 11:04 PM
Okay, why DC is what I am trying to get at?

Because I have issues and it is something that makes my character different. Is his speaking necessary?

Mr.Cynic
08-02-2015, 03:30 PM
No but I have stated before in my blogs and I suppose that I have said it here and there. I try to give my members character arcs. I'm asking because maybe I want to utilize it. You don't have to answer me in the OOC, but a PM is fine.

crazydawg444
08-05-2015, 02:58 AM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/929/111/c8f.jpg

Mr.Cynic
08-05-2015, 03:07 AM
I make sure they are dressed in various animal attire as well, to kill two birds with one stone

crazydawg444
08-05-2015, 04:21 AM
http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire3/ef89a6c2dd86217b750076f0908092981274267067_full.gi f
Like this?

Mr.Cynic
08-05-2015, 05:22 AM
I make sure they have better dance moves though because there's nothing better than their underage dancing in sexualized outfits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIImicgKCqM

crazydawg444
08-05-2015, 04:25 PM
Pretty sure Luka isn't under aged.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP90Wnj0LTo

Mr.Cynic
08-06-2015, 01:57 AM
^I doubt that, all anime girls say they are twenty and all look like elementary school kids

BumblingBee
08-06-2015, 10:36 AM
^this is true. I think I'm anime racist... They just all look the same to me :sweat:

DCaesar of Wakanda
08-06-2015, 08:22 PM
They all look the same

This is so true that it should be law...

Mr.Cynic
08-06-2015, 08:34 PM
uh.......yeahif you what the shit anime....

DC i need your reply to my pm before accept

- - - Updated - - -

uh.......yeahif you what the shit anime....

DC i need your reply to my pm before accept

Mr.Cynic
08-07-2015, 03:32 AM
We obviously need to go to writing school 101.

I am going to sound like an ass, but honest to god. I feel like rebooting the IC and its only been a few post. But then I can squeeze DC into the IC.

And we can work on better writing introductions and replies.

crazydawg444
08-07-2015, 03:48 AM
Well replies to conversations tend to be short. It happens.

Mr.Cynic
08-07-2015, 04:00 AM
Actually err no they do not:

-You could have taken the intiative to create your own plans
-You could have wrote more than a simple sentence opinions on the Blue Church
-You could have written some of your characters thoughts on the chain men gone
-Concerns
-Emotional problems
-How they perceive each others actions, Robert nervously walking around the table

If I can write the what let me six seven paragraphs to your conversations, than you certainly can write more than a paragraph to respond to my IC.

It's all about the initiative of doing so.

And I am still on the whole, I give you all of Downtown London and you don't take the time to flesh out your character through actions and things they do outside of the Chain Men.

crazydawg444
08-07-2015, 04:21 AM

I don't know the layout of the building, the cult in it, or even what the place looks like, so Samuel cant comment on something he knows nothing about.

-You could have wrote more than a simple sentence opinions on the Blue Church

That is a good point, though Samuel is the type that doesn't care enough to have much of an opinion on that sort of thing.

Another good point, but perhaps we simply have faith in our colleagues. We also don't know how many chain men there are supposed to be. The way you worded it to me earlier, I felt like we were mainly it even.

-Concerns

Ordinarily yes, but Samuel doesn't concern himself with concerns. That was stated in his CS.

-Emotional problems

We would be pretty bad assassins and thieves if we just had an emotional breakdown here.

-How they perceive each others actions, Robert nervously walking around the table

You are completely right there.

If I can write the what let me six seven paragraphs to your conversations, than you certainly can write more than a paragraph to respond to my IC.

It is clearly stated in the rules that there is no required post size and 1 paragraph is the recommended.

And I am still on the whole, I give you all of Downtown London and you don't take the time to flesh out your character through actions and things they do outside of the Chain Men.

I have an entire rp, I didn't plan on all of his development and history to be revealed in the first post.

Dont take any of that as rude either, its not meant to be, just counter points. That said, if you want me to change my post I will be more than happy.

Mr.Cynic
08-07-2015, 04:47 AM

I don't know the layout of the building, the cult in it, or even what the place looks like, so Samuel cant comment on something he knows nothing about.

Your character could have asked the blueprint. Or said something about an alleyway, come on mate, it's London. Alleyways and sewers are the way thieves and assassins travel.

Another good point, but perhaps we simply have faith in our colleagues. We also don't know how many chain men there are supposed to be. The way you worded it to me earlier, I felt like we were mainly it even.

Look at my OOC, see how many Chain Men I haven't accepted becuase there is no sheets, that's how many Chain Men there are suppose to be

-Emotional problems

We would be pretty bad assassins and thieves if we just had an emotional breakdown here.

Not at all what I mean. Look at the way I write Robert. I interlace emotion with his action and his emotions are tied to his actions and the way he thinks.

It is clearly stated in the rules that there is no required post size and 1 paragraph is the recommended.

Which is fine, if you include all aspects of who, what, why, when, how, and where. It is not if you do not.

I have an entire rp, I didn't plan on all of his development and history to be revealed in the first post.

Again not what I meant. I gave you hints in the original OOC, him at a brothel. Him flirting with a girl. These develop the character, and yet do not reveal everything about him in one post.

crazydawg444
08-07-2015, 05:04 AM
Look at my very first post, there's pictures in the spoilers

Is one of those buildings the place we are breaking into? I don't know.

Look at my OOC, see how many Chain Men I haven't accepted becuase there is no sheets, that's how many Chain Men there are suppose to be

Alright then, because when Samuel said "we are missing some people" you sent me a message saying Robert was there like he was the last one, so I was confused.

Not at all what I mean. Look at the way I write Robert. I interlace emotion with his action and his emotions are tied to his actions and the way he thinks.

That isn't emotional problems, that's being emotional. Samuel is not emotional.

Which is fine, if you include all aspects of who, what, why, when, how, and where. It is not if you do not.

Including those aspects are as much opinions as your favorite flavor of ice cream. We don't know every time you expect a page of writing.

Again not what I meant. I gave you hints in the original OOC, him at a brothel. Him flirting with a girl. These develop the character, and yet do not reveal everything about him in one post.

The first thing he said was a comment to Sparrow about her being pretty. Basically flirting. Being a flirt was part of his CS, it is already established. He was also running late for the meeting, so he wasn't wasting time flirting with girls.

Mr.Cynic
08-07-2015, 05:06 AM
Done. RP Closed.

Tired of shitastic writing on RP.

crazydawg444
08-07-2015, 05:08 AM
If that's what you want. I offered to rewrite it.

Mr.Cynic
08-07-2015, 05:14 AM
This is the problem I have on RPA. Everyone thinks they are so amazing. Trust me, my shit does stink still and I am not the best fucking writer in the way.

But I don't sit there hand out character sheets with a sentence and go "this is great guys teehehehe, it's so great, right"

rejected

"but whyyyyy, it was the best,"

I am tired of sitting taking the time in the introductions I put time in and getting post that are lackluster with no inspiration. No effort. And then they have to defend their bullshit, because someone decided to give them criticism.

I am done trying to make my own RPs. Because they end up in two different ways

I get frustrated with the writing quality

or

People stop posting all together when I am the general nice guy

I ask for good writing skills in my RPs. And you can write paragraphs with quality because I do it all the time with my writing projects I do outside of RPA.

crazydawg444
08-07-2015, 05:27 AM
I wasn't saying my character was great, or that I am a great writer. I am going on around eight hours of sleep for the last three days, so that probably wasn't my best work, I admit that. But when you say my writing sucks (which is not just criticism), I am going to defend myself. That is all I was doing. I'm sorry if I offended you.

Mr.Cynic
08-07-2015, 06:33 AM
I didn't say it was bad to begin with.

I get frustrated because I really do put in the work in all of this.

BumblingBee
08-07-2015, 09:49 AM
I know my reply wasn't up to your standards, cause I know it was shit. I was tired. I apologise.

DCaesar of Wakanda
08-07-2015, 01:38 PM

Mr.Cynic
08-07-2015, 07:01 PM
Thank you for understanding DC. Welcome, you are accepted