PDA

View Full Version : How will the world end?

Miss Devil
08-10-2015, 01:08 PM
Will it be with a bang? Will everything just turn to dust? Will we even still be living on Earth?

How do you think the world will end?

Rha'az
08-10-2015, 02:12 PM
I dunno, but the world will end by the humans themselves, which is us. Political strife, conspiracies, wars, riots and bloodshed are probably the main cause of the world's downfall. Malaysia had seen it already....

Crazywolf
08-10-2015, 02:26 PM
If you want the science answer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth#Predicted_future

So in short probably vaporised by the sun.

Dire Hoef
08-10-2015, 03:10 PM
If you want the science answer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth#Predicted_future

So in short probably vaporised by the sun.

Well that's not for billions of years and that's also Earth's time to die... However as for mankind, as a species, we don't have very long. As Rahz has mentioned, I believe mankind will die by its own hand. Too many contradictions in the world for there to be a sustainable society - and there never will be as far as I am concerned.

Splat
08-10-2015, 03:52 PM
I'm gonna go with robot/machine uprising which eventually ends in humanity's enslavement to their superior mechanical masters. Makes the most sense to me. That, or being assimilated by the Borg.

Crazywolf
08-10-2015, 04:17 PM
Well that's not for billions of years and that's also Earth's time to die...

Well that was the OP's question. Earth/World when it dies.

But if you want to talk about when will humans die then not for millions of years. Full out nuclear war is very unlikely and even if it did come you would probably just lose a few cities. The doomsday scenario would be Isis getting nuclear weapons but the chance of the rest of the world letting that happen is about a million to one. The other potential future-problem which is food shortage would kill a segment of the population but not all of it.

Dire Hoef
08-10-2015, 06:07 PM
But if you want to talk about when will humans die then not for millions of years. Full out nuclear war is very unlikely and even if it did come you would probably just lose a few cities. The doomsday scenario would be Isis getting nuclear weapons but the chance of the rest of the world letting that happen is about a million to one. The other potential future-problem which is food shortage would kill a segment of the population but not all of it.

Saying that humanity wouldn't die out for millions of years is completely illogical. You would have to consider several probable anomalies that could come up. Food shortage and nuclear war - and depending on the nuclear weapons involved - isn't the only means of ending the human species. Celestial pieces of rock can come out of nowhere and rock the planet to its core, and add a series of long-term - as well as short-term - problems that could persist.

Dire Hoef
08-10-2015, 06:07 PM

Saying that humanity wouldn't die out for millions of years is completely illogical. You would have to consider several probable anomalies that could come up. Food shortage and nuclear war - and depending on the nuclear weapons involved - isn't the only means of ending the human species. Celestial pieces of rock can come out of nowhere and rock the planet to its core, and add a series of long-term - as well as short-term - problems that could persist.

Griff
08-10-2015, 06:14 PM
Well-- for humans, years of inflation will lead to a severe economic collapse, which will lead to rioting and violence, and humans will gradually kill each other off.

Splat
08-10-2015, 06:19 PM
One word. Zombies.

King of Swords
08-10-2015, 07:14 PM
Global thermonuclear warfare, of course. That could easily happen within our lifetimes, as well.

Either Pakistan-India happens or India-China happens, either way the rest of the world will be dragged in.

Sonic
08-10-2015, 07:19 PM
If Donald Trump was to become President.

Crazywolf
08-10-2015, 07:21 PM

There has not been a mass extinction event caused by a comet/asteroid for 66 million years. Further to that humans are a species that has adapted to live in almost every environment on the planet and our ability to produce tools, weapons, fire and shelter gives us an advantage over almost every other species of a size to threaten us. Even if another asteroid hits there is a fair chance we will survive it.

Miss Devil
08-10-2015, 09:23 PM
Wow this thread kinda too off. I personally think that war will be the end for use humans. But I hope by then we can be on other planets like mars and what not. I want us to begin to expand outwards.

Splat
08-11-2015, 12:56 AM
Wow this thread kinda too off. I personally think that war will be the end for use humans. But I hope by then we can be on other planets like mars and what not. I want us to begin to expand outwards.

Yes! Interplanetary colonization, here we come! Hopefully someone's working on the warp drive, even though Star Trek said we'd have space ships by the 80's. Alas, it predicted everything else right but that.

Rha'az
08-11-2015, 11:52 AM

That's what I'm trying to say, the world will end by humanity itself through wars, political conspiracies, inflation and other causes. I don't know, but to me, country leaders are getting too greedy. Telling lies masked with stupid promises to make it look like they will fullfill their promise. *sigh* I need to have my descendants tho XD

Crazywolf
08-11-2015, 01:46 PM
No war would kill the whole human race, only some of it. In terms of nukes there really isn't much gain from using them. In terms of knocking out the missile sites of your opponent it's like hitting a nut with a sledge hammer. Any regime that used them would also be inviting the other side to reciprocate and at the same time committing political suicide.

Trust me in 1 million years time humans will still be around, even if we are just hunter-farmers living in shelters in the woods (or ruled over by intelligent talking apes).

Splat
08-11-2015, 03:08 PM
I feel like I'm the only one here who isn't taking this seriously xD

Guys, come on. The signs are all there. ILLUMINATIIIII

Splat
08-11-2015, 07:37 PM
Actually, I take that back. I know exactly how the world will end. It will be destroyed by a Vogon constructor fleet attempting to make way for a new hyperspace express lane. There will be two survivors.

Naoya
08-11-2015, 10:49 PM
The world will not end, even if humans do. But humans won't disappear. The global warming will probably lead to an ice age, but that won't kill off humans, either. I mean, us people in the north are already used to winter, and that'll pretty much be a VERY long winter. Aside from that, I see no foreseeable danger to the human species.

Herardo
08-13-2015, 09:22 PM
The world will end... It will be hit by the sun. The sun will explode and will create a big bang and will destroy us.

F.O.E
08-29-2015, 06:19 PM
With a fin. :>

Storm
08-29-2015, 06:36 PM
I have much evidence to support this....
http://orig15.deviantart.net/ebb2/f/2011/337/d/2/squirrelzilla_by_freedo92-d4i3cpj.png
My Squirrel Army!

Surrender your peanut butter cookies of suffer the end!

Storm
08-29-2015, 06:52 PM
Was thinking this one over and pretty much know how the world will end. You all have seen matresses with the 'do not remove under penalty...' labels? Well, someone will finally remove one and KABLOOIE! The world will blow up.
(Over my years, the end of the world dates have come and gone many times :D ).

Rha'az
12-08-2015, 11:36 AM
Wow wow. Sorry for 'necroing' this thread.

Let's say resources are finished and people are desperately trying to survive. That's when the 'apocalypse' happened. People started to run around like maniacs swinging machetes and shooting revolvers.

Now, terrorist attacks around the globe are rampant. From Paris to Syria. If I'm not mistaken, I heard that some nations are trying to wage war against the ISIS. Who knows. We all don't want a WW3 or Fallout will happen (without Super Mutants, Synths and The Institute of course). But doesn't hurt if we prepare ourselves for the worst right?

Holeypaladin
02-11-2016, 09:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZMwKPmsbWE

Might
02-15-2016, 01:51 AM
There's actually a website for this exact topic. It's Exit Mundi. Mind boggling how a collection of such horrifying things even exists.

Miss Devil
03-01-2016, 01:26 AM
I am going with bright flowers with a bit of petty drama since I never posted here. xD