PDA

View Full Version : Mokai Chronicles; Sigma and Excalibur

Mysteria
10-21-2009, 07:52 PM
Sigma:

Long long ago, in a galaxy where co-existence of technology and magic is possible. there was a war. a war so ancient that it's has been lost in the texts of known galactic history. however, there were only few scrolls and relics left to tell the tale of this war. all that is know is this.....

An army of Magic-wielders known as the Mokai, fought a civil war against the Dark Mokai. a dark army that once were part of this ancient order, but were corrupted by the influences of a mysterious evil force, and it's followers. the remaining scrolls tell of the fall of empires, and destruction of entire worlds. many ferice battles were waged across the galaxy. however....the last scrolls tell of a massive battle on the relic world of Ormagoden, and it stops there.

Many have tried to find the remaining scrolls.. but were unsuccessful. all was then lost in the pursuit to complete the history of this war. however.....the past may return to haunt the galaxy.....

Somewhere in the Tai Sector, in the a star system called Helina, a war between it's regional powers, the Sometaaw Republic, and the Xagari Empire, has sparked. from the galactic viewpoint, this war was insignificant and was of no concern. however....amidst this war, an ancient evil will reawaken, and the Mokai will come out of hiding before it is too late.

-----------------------------

Chapter 1: Struggle for Hasani
Opening Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUJGPUfOIrk)
The world of Hasani, a human colony near the Xagari border, has come under attack by an invading Imperial fleet. the small pocket fleet defending the planet did not hold for long, and were wiped out. now imperial ground troops have begun their attack, crushing all resistance. however, before they were destroyed, one of the defending ships sent out a distress call to the capital. now a fleet led by Commander Saju is en route to the colony world.

Mysteria
10-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Excalibur:

The sounds of dropships entering the atmosephere, buffed against Major Jaller's words making him shout to be heard. His ranked battle gloves hanging on his belt along with collapsed battle rod.

"These battle gloves are relatively new to some of you that is why there is a control dial on the glove with shield, fire, and off. It is there for you dumbasses that did not do much more than the standard during basic. In other words, I don't have one because I spent my leave getting used to our new lifelines. As Imperial Special Forces you will use one glove to shoot and the other to fire. We are not fodder troops that have to fire with both hands then shield with both. To answer more of your questions before they surface to annoy me. Private Havok how do you ativate the gun?"

The young blond furred excitable private jumped to answer.
"Sir, you make 'gun fingers', Sir."

"...and what is that Corporal Shel?"
The lightly older white furred counter-part to Havok stated her bookish answer with precition.
"Sir, 'Gun fingers' are formed with the extended index and thumb and you fire by pressing your thumb down, Sir."

"Good girl, going for the extra distance, too. and that is why you are a Corp not a Sargent. I hate people that kiss my ass."

"Srg. Niner please explain how the grenade and grenade launcher work to the newbies."

The brown furred roughrider was a near legend to the new recruits. His voice commanded complete attention from them.
" In fire mode, you close your fist as you would if you were using shield mode wait 5 seconds. Open your hands into a cup, there should be an energy ball in your hands and throw for an instant impact. For the grenade laucher you do the same thing except of cupping your hand you make the gun fingers and am slighty upward to get the distance you need on your shot and press your thumb to launch the ball."

"Thank you Sargent. Remember your basics they will keep you alive. Fire through the small hole in your shield and take cover when your gloves are recharging. This happens every 100 shots or so depending on if you fired any grenade balls or not."

Major Obrim Jaller sighed as he finished. Their mission was to hard drop and relieve Fox squad from their ass saving duty and link up with the Darwell Heavies to push the line. They might even have to hit critical pionts and systems behind enemy lines, and Jaller came along because something just did not feel right to give newbies, straight out of the package of Basic, a dagerous mission that veterans would be sqweamish about, Hard drops.

Mysteria
10-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Sigma:

"Fire with everything you've got!" a human sergeant shouted orders to his men as they came under fire, they were in a trench that stretched around the small city of Shini. "Give 'em hell!"

The Republic forces were pinned in the trenches, under constant fire from enemy energy volleys. firing blindingly at the Imperial troops while trying to avoid getting shot. the situation didn't seem to go well for the defenders at the moment. the sergeant placed his middle and index fingers on a comm-link on the side of his helmet. "Command! things are getting too hot for us to hold out long! request evacing the city!"

"That's a negative, sergeant." the voice of Colonel Thire responded. "We can't afford to lose this position to the imperials. hold out for just a little longer. I'm getting a report that our reinforcements are arriving soon."

--------------

Around Hasani's orbit, near the invading Xagari fleet. a fleet of fifteen ships appeared in a series of flashes, they begin to approach while fighters launched to engage the enemy.
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/Rpstuff-26.jpg
Meanwhile, within the bridge of the flagship. Isaac Saju sat on his command chair, leaning over at the front. glaring at the invaders. he laid back against his chair, looking to the left armrest, pressing a few buttons of a keypad. "This is Commander Saju to all ships. prepare to engage." he then stood up, walking over to his Jaldari XO who stood at the front of the bridge. "I'm leaving you in command while I'm on the ground leading the troops."

"Understood, Commander."

Mysteria
10-21-2009, 07:54 PM
Excalibur:

http://www.tanksandtrolls.co.uk/images/miniatures/Starship%20Troopers/Troopers/trooper%20dropships%20(1).JPG
The dropships started their landing in a hot zone. Obrim brought his cyber screen up from his eye reader, an old hold over from past technology, but Obrim could never let go of something that saved his life. He loosed one of his recon ball droid to wonder the battle field.

"Alright ladies, MOVE you arses now! Move, move, move! Or right flank has started colapsing so we have to help them out 'til the Drawell's get there."

Fox squad of Heaven's Dragoon's started pileing out 8 in all.
Obrim turned to the pilots a Xagari and an Xess.

"Thank you kind sirs, you better get your arses out here"

"We do our jobs Major, but we were told to find somewhere to land on the planet because shit just got heavy up top."

"Damn, well good luck, call us if you need a zone cleared out."

"We will"

Obrim jumped out, double shield activated, as the dropship lifted off with beams of energy smacking against its sides.

"What the hell you waiting for.... move!"

Mysteria
10-21-2009, 07:55 PM
Sigma:

A pair of dropships and a wing of three gunships soared through the skies over the attacking Xagari forces. dodging enemy fire from below and sped towards the city. the gunships broke off from the group, attacking imperial ground troops elsewhere, while the dropships flew over the trench's. landing just behind.
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/Vehicles/vehicle-76.jpg
Isaac and his men charged forth. diving into the trench, and came to the sergeant. "Name and rank!" Isaac ordered.

"Sgt. Kelor Anderson, sir!" he replied.

"I am your Commander at the moment. Isaac Saju."

"Yes, sir!" he then peaked out, firing a few shots from his rifle, and noticed the soaring gunships providing support then turned his attention back to isaac. "Thank you for the help, sir. we could we really use."

He nodded. "What the situation?"

"We got hostiles surrounding the city." he replied. "We barely could hold until you showed up. Command has ordered to hold the city until more troops arrive."

Isaac then grinned, the sergeant was feeling uneasy. "Uhh....sir?"

"You have your orders." he said. "But me and my men are going to charge, and face the enemy head on." after he finished, he and his squad, consisting of a dozen black armored troopers.
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/Soldiers/soldier-78.jpg
charged out from the trench, firing at random towards imperial troops. "For the Republic!" Isaac cried out.

Mysteria
10-21-2009, 07:56 PM
Excalibur:

Obrim noticed a blip from a comm signal on his HUD on his right eye as his team was holding the long flank just outside the city. Obrim dropped his body into the trench to take the call.

"Major Obrim here"

The sound of a Drawell's growling voice nearly startled Mj Jaller.
"where the Hell are you GRAR"

"Sitting tight reinforcing the failing long flank."

"grrah Sir the city has recieved reinforcements grrah and some areas are surging from their trench lines. In one location, My squad say a commander's bars lead a run across the dead zone. They will hammer your left if you don't get there in time."

"Thank you for the info. Pace them with volleys to mark them. I will be right there Obrim out."

Obrim motioned for Shel, Niner and Havok to fall in.

"Here is the deal. You three are stay here hold thins line and Niner give me a sit rep if all goes to hell. You have the Drawell's codes if you need heavy support. I am taking the rest and crossing the dead zone to our left to take care of some trouble."

"Yes SIR"

"Lets Move"

Obrim and his 5 support from Fox squad jetted across the dead zone obliquely to take care of possible trouble.

Mysteria
10-21-2009, 07:56 PM
Sigma:

As soon as Isaac and his squad entered the dead zone. they were met by heavy fire from a squad of Xagari soldiers and a few Drawells. "Crap! scatter men!" he shouted, his troops complied as they split up in groups of three, trying to avoid getting shot from the hail of laser fire. however they would not dodge the shots forver, as Isaac heard cries of several of his troopers falling in battle, it did not slow him down though. they knew what they got themselves into. but he was feeling anger inside.

He led one of the groups, charging towards the Xagari Squad. "Open fire! give 'em everything you've got!" he ran ahead. charging with his rifle blazing towards the leader of the enemy squad.

Mysteria
10-21-2009, 07:57 PM
Excalibur:

Obrim and his squad got the drop on their targets and droping a few in their tracks. The enemy commander reacted quickly to their attack and their advantage nearly disappeared.

"Form the Wall!"

The wall was the best strategy to take when you lost the element of suprise and your enemy takes advantage of their superior numbers and splits up.

Obrim turned off his dieing shield and met the enemy commander in the air, battle rod in hand unextended. The enemy had more momentum and plowed him behind his original position.

Imperial and Republic artillery erupted the ground around them as they grappled in close-quarters. Obrim seperated himself from his enemy; he barely settled his feet, when he felt the ground under his feet give way. The fall was probably seconds, but it felt like hours; he glanced around out of curiousity and saw the enemy commader was in the same predicament.

The fall ended with a solid smack into some marshy ground with a light fog covering it. Obrim survived the fall with some minor bruising here and there thanks to the emergency feature of the battle gloves. It uses the last of the energy of one glove to create a shield to cushion a fall.

After checking to see he had all of his fingers and toes, Obrim's jaw dropped.
It was an amazing site and by far one of the most beautiful things he has ever seen.
http://q-43.deviantart.com/art/Underground-temple-128942375

Then he noticed his enemy was getting up, Obrim whipped around in a defensive ready stance with his battle rod extended to its maximum length as a quarter staff. All he had was the light on his HUD communicator along with: a knuckle light, a medic first-aid stitching glue, a rappel line, a emergency food ration on his belt, and a RG battle glove with enough power to make 1 energy grenade. His opponent might be better off, but Obrim was going down swinging if he had to.

To tell the truth, he was more curious about the temple underground, then fighting and would be willing to work with him to find out what it was all about, but if his enemy wanted to fight he would.

Mysteria
Sigma:

Isaac as well moved into a fighting stance, losing his rifle after the fall, and he barely had any time to search for it thinking his opponent would take advantage of this weak point and strike him down. but for a moment, he too was very curious about the underground temple they both stumbled upon too, he could see it in the xagari as well. he sooner realized that it would be useless since the xagari officer was still armed.

His hands were up high. "I can see that temple has caught your eye as well.......how about a cease fire? until we get the hell out of here."

Mysteria
Excalibur:

Obrim relaxed. atleast he was willing to talk.
"I would be kind of useless to continue. We can call it a truce atleast until we get out of here."

Obrim looked up and activated his headlight, while also trying his comm. Obrim flenched a little when he got static on the other end; so, he switched to his recorder instead. The recorder lens dropped over his right eye like his HUD, but this was connected to his private office on the Heaven's Blade. Apparently, the connection worked because, he saw the little red blip saying they are live.Strange my com does not work, but I can still connect to a ship out in orbit. Must've damaged the com on the landing.

"I don't know how we survived that fall undamaged."

Obrim walked over to the human commander unsure about their greeting customs, but he held out his hand for an arm embrace anyway.

"I am Obrim Jaller, Major of Emperor Jafan's Heaven's Dragoons. We may want to find that gun of your because that is the only defense we've got, if all goes to Remra, unless you want to rely on me and my stick here."

Mysteria
Sigma:

Isaac grabbed Obrim's hand. "Isaac Saju, Captain and leader of the 21st Battalion." afterwards, isaac nodded to obrim to search for his weapon. "Agreed." he soon scanned his surroundings for his rifle. however, it proved difficult to search for it under the fog, and was forced to crawl to find it.

After a few minutes of his hands wondering around the ground, he felt a metallic object. after grabbing it and picking it up. it was his rifle. he made a last minute check to see if it was still useful. nodding, he turned to Obrim, "Alright, shall we move on?"

Mysteria
10-21-2009, 07:58 PM
Excalibur:

"Guess I'll go first. Towards that Light wouldn't you say."

Obrim panned his headlight around and started using his battle rod like a sounding stick to make sure they were not going to suddenly drop off to no where. Good thing head did because while walking along Obrim found a nice whole to the left and right.

"Shit. We may need to be single file now."

Obrim kept walking forward, but did not know if Issac Saju would heed his warning.

Mysteria
10-21-2009, 07:58 PM
Sigma:

Isaac heard him well. and followed up closely to Obrim, knowing he had tools needed to get themselves out of this strange temple. "Makes you wonder what this places was for...." he asked as the two entered and walked up the stairs. "Such as...who built this place? I was told this planet had no previous inhabitance, it's strange..."

Mysteria
10-21-2009, 07:59 PM
Excalibur:

"Ya it is... There is a cub's story this sorta reminds me of

'Two children will climb a tree
They want to see in the tree.

They find a light so bright and free.
They read the wall upon which it gleems.

They grab the light with their arms
A war will start this light warns.'

Or something like that. I never believe in that mess anyway."

They continued climbing the stair for an untold amount of time.

Mysteria
10-21-2009, 07:59 PM
Sigma:

"Interesting story..." he replied. "Before the war, I heard of this story. one time my late wife told this story to my daughter years ago."

The two pressed onward, and entered through the open entrance. they walked down a corridor, they head towards a door made of stone, upon reaching it, it begun to shake and shifted, splitting in four directions as it slid open. as they exited out. they find themselves in a wide lilted room. passing by four status.
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/rpstuff-37.jpg

There were three other entrances. "So, where too?" Isaac asked.

Mysteria
10-21-2009, 08:00 PM
Excalibur:

Obrim starred at the three doors, scratched his head and shrugged.

"Not a clue. You want to split up? I'll take the far left one and you take the ?far right one? I have seen way too many horror movies that end bad when people take the center path.

Mysteria
10-21-2009, 08:01 PM
Sigma:

Isaac nodded to obrim, checking and loading up his assault rifle before leaving. "Sounds good." he said. "Test your comm-link device and see if it's function. If either of finds something, we'll contact one another." he then proceeded to the far right door.

Mysteria
Excalibur:

Obrim made off to the left and turned off his headlight and grabbed a torch from the wall, except the torch was more like a covered lantern.

"I don't believe that will be possibe, unless you've hacked our bleedin signals again."

Obrim turns to Saju.

"And if you bleedin' have, can you stop being such reasourceful little bastards? It would be the third time this war and the twenth over our history as opposing sides it has happen. Can't you be like the damned Xess and be too damned proud with your superiority that you don't see us "meatbags" coming?"

Obrim turns away and starts walking through the left tunnel.

I can't believe I am trying to crack a joke with this guy. I need to get back up top soon before we become sooma buddies.

Mysteria
Sigma:

Isaac left with a simple chuckle at the joke as he entered the right tunnel, turning on the flashlight on his rifle, and lowered his helmet visor, activating night vision mode as he walked slowly through the corridor.

I can't believe he's trying to crack a joke. I know were in a desperate situation, but I'll probably have to kill or capture this guy later..

He continued down in the tunnel. "Nothing so far.." he said to himself, "Quiet though." and it was true, there was nothing but an eerie silence. all that broke that silence was the echoes of his footsteps and small drops of water dripping. for the next few minutes it seemed "normal", until however, he stepped on something.

Isaac gulped as he looked down, his eyes widened to find a skeletal body of a human wearing a mixture of red and white armor. "Holy shit!" he shouted jumping at the sight of the body.

Mysteria
10-26-2009, 07:47 PM
Excalibur:

Obrim hummed a little tune as he dodged his 50th or so bat, web/root thing.

"Ya know, if did not smell so bad it might actually be bearable."

Sploosh

"Awwww man"

Obrim did not even bother looking down to see what he just stepped in. He just kept walking with the occasional Sploosh sound and hoped beyond hope it was not what hi thought it was.

Mysteria
10-26-2009, 07:47 PM
Sigma:

Isaac continued onward, despite what was constantly on his mind. "What is this place exactly..." he thought to himself. "A dead body here means this planet has some secrets. there were people here. but, why did they remove all traces of their existence here?"

As he continued walking through the tunnel. he could see a bright, but far off light at the end. "Looks like I found something. hopefully a way out." he proceeded forward to reach the light. and find out what it is.

mcstringer
10-28-2009, 07:05 PM
Obrim slouched down as he exited his "light at the end of the tunnel"

"Wew, that was a little stuffy."

He came into a darked room with a high sealing with a central light at the far end. He took a step, but quickly pulled back after he saw he was on some kind of ledge.

"Wow that was close."

A light flare up from some sort of wall lights off somewhere to his right. Obrim could sort of make out the human, Isaac Saju, as he stepped out.

"Careful!"

Obrim threw his torch out and away from him so the Commander might see what he ment. When he threw his torch away, the wall lights on his side flashed on to compensate. The torch fell lonely into a forever of darkness.

Sigma
10-29-2009, 10:08 AM
As Isaac took a step out of the tunnel, he heard a familier voice and turned his head to it's source. seeing a torch being thrown to the darkness below. he looked down as the light grew dimmer and dimmer and vanished. he whistled, he looked to his left to see Obrim as the wall lights flared up. "Uh...thanks.." he said, scratching the back of his head.

mcstringer
11-02-2009, 11:25 PM
Obrim turns to the wall behind him out of curiousity. He sees some well lit pictographs on the wall with red person and and blue person jumping.

"Hey, Isaac what do you have on the wall behind you? I have some pictures with people jumping."

Sigma
11-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Isaac turned to see the same characters on the wall. flying over the gap to reach an orb of light for some reason. under that was the characters falling to their deaths of the darkness. "Uhh.....I think it's sending a mixed message here....either to jump...or not."

mcstringer
11-06-2009, 09:25 AM
"Well, fuck that's comforting. Who goes first?"

Obrim sat on the edge with his feet dangling looking at the light on the far wall.

"Unless it is an illusion. It is impossible for even my kind to jump that far."

Sigma
11-06-2009, 10:22 AM
"possibly..." Isaac responded. "Only one way to find out for sure." he gulped as he was about to take one step over nothingness. to his surprise, he did not fall or lost balance. "What the hell is this?" he said to himself, but sighed in relief. "It's safe....I think. you try."

mcstringer
11-06-2009, 02:09 PM
"Welp here goes nothing"

Obrim got up from his sitting position, walked some steps back, and did a running jump. He expected to start falling and was suprised when that did not happen and fell over.

The cavern started to shake a little bit.

"Are you sure it said 'Jump or die' cus' it is looking like it said 'Jump and die'. It is too late now to go back. The tunnels behind use probably have started to collapse."

Sigma
11-07-2009, 12:30 AM
"Aw crap......" he muttered to himself, he gulped again, and jetted towards the light. he then screamed. "RUN FOR THE LIGHT!" he didn't care of the fact he was running nothing. all that was on his mind was escape and survival.

mcstringer
11-07-2009, 08:19 AM
Obrim was all ready gone; he did not need to be told he was squishy. He did not plan to stay around and find out how squishy either. He felt some of the stalagtites fall, and he saw abit more dibre start falling eslewhere also. He knew he had to hurry, or he was dead.

"Last one there is a rotten egg."

Sigma
11-17-2009, 09:46 PM
((Sorry for the late post.))

As Isaac ran for his life, taking brief glimpses of debris falling all round the two. however, their little marathon would end soon as the light was beginning to glow brighter as they were closer and closer to it. "This is it!" he shouted. "Get ready to jump on my mark......NOW!"

mcstringer
11-18-2009, 04:15 PM
((Hey it happens))

Obrim jumps on Isaac's word, trusting that some God somewhere gave him those words, with all his might and uses a large cunk of falling debris as an extra platform. He accidently rams into Isaac because of the extra power from his jump, but thanks to that they clumsily land far enough away from the extra debris that piles up at the doorway.

"OW"

Sigma
11-18-2009, 05:04 PM
Isaac lands face flat on the ground as he was rammed by Obrim . as he came around he has the unpleasant taste of dirt in his mouth, he quickly stood up and spat out the dirt. "What a relief....." he said, and looked to the direction of the light. "That light has me wondering.....could it be...?"

mcstringer
11-18-2009, 05:18 PM
Obrim rolled over from his convulted position on the ground to a somewhat sitting position.

He rubbed is head where a major bump appeared. He let his HUD system run a basic dianostic to make sure it worked.

"Could it be what?...Oh"

Sigma
11-18-2009, 05:32 PM
"By "Oh", you know what I ment? or your picking something?" Isaac asked. "Anyway, Lets not stick around for long. who knows what other traps could be set up." as he finish speaking, he walked ahead to the light's directions.

mcstringer
11-18-2009, 09:27 PM
Obrim rolled to a standing position, and walked after Isaac holding his sore ribs.

"Well the big shiny light over there kinda gives me the 'light at the end of the tunnel' vibe."

Sigma
11-18-2009, 09:34 PM
"We can find out once we get there." Isaac said, before filling a sudden chill. "Damn, I got one of those feelings like we're being watched....."

Elsewhere far below. a large red light glowed from the darkness, followed by a metallic growl and snarl.

mcstringer
11-19-2009, 12:42 AM
Obrim paused to shake some gunk off his shoe.

"Ya know I'd figure with a light so bright we could see, but NOOOOO logic just does not figgin work I guess."

He grumbles on oblivious to the creeping shadows.

Sigma
11-20-2009, 12:06 AM
As the two continued on journeying towards the light. they would both suddenly hear a faint voice of woman, "You've come...." it said as it faded away.

Isaac had another chill. "You hear that....?" he asked Obrim, not looking back.

mcstringer
11-20-2009, 03:53 AM
The diagnostic from Obrim's HUD signaled it was finished in time for him to hear Isaac's question and something ..... else.

"Maybe"

Obrim started to step lighter out of habit and would not have been suprised if Isaac thought he disappeared.

Sigma
11-20-2009, 10:26 AM
As they were halfway there to the light. he did start to think that Obrim suddenly disappeared, and paused to look back. "Damn it's hard to see....you back there?" Isaac called to Obrim. however, that would be the least of their worries as the ground beneath them begun to tremor briefly, something was moving under, and Isaac did not want to wait long to see what exactly. "Crap....We're gonna need run again....."

mcstringer
11-26-2009, 07:47 PM
((Sorry))

"Awe, man..."

Obrim picked up the pace and was running blind after Isaac with the ground shaking and the blinding light made it impossible for him to see Isaac 2 feet infront of him. A gutteral sound underneath made him worry even more.

Sigma
11-27-2009, 03:08 AM
((No problem))

For a minute or two, tremors continued to last until it finally died down a bit. a sigh of relief came to isaac as the two ran, thinking it was over. however it won't end there.

The ground shook once more briefly as something burst from the ground behind them. Isaac did not bother to see what exactly since it was hard to see. but something of a red eye of sorts flashed over them, followed by a metallic roar. "Fuck! run like you never ran before!"

mcstringer
11-27-2009, 04:49 AM
The quick stop to the shaking ground and the sudden explosion after nearly through Obrim off his feet. Obrim felt bit of ill wind from behind him. He increased his speed to All out Chicken and did not look behind himself to see what it was.

"No need to tell me."

Sigma
11-27-2009, 05:10 AM
Isaac ran with all his energy, fleeing from whatever is pursuing them. as hec ran, the light grew brighter, a good sign they were almost out. "Just a bit further..." he said to himself. "I won't die here..."

mcstringer
12-02-2009, 10:32 AM
Obrim did not turn around when he felt the breath of whatever was following them. He just ran faster until they both reached the light. At that moment their was a bit of worry that he just reached his end because everything whited out for a few seconds. Obrim breathed a sigh of exhausted relief when the light dimmed enough to see; because' he felt safe in whatever room they now found themselves in. He also felt their was nothing following them anymore so he jerked his head around to see why.......and there was nothing there. Well there was a doorway and a dark dank hallway, but no sign of a monstrous monstrosity that made them run all this way.

"Weird."

Sigma
12-03-2009, 03:46 AM
Isaac lost strength in his leg as they escaped from whatever was pursuing them and fell on his kneels, taking deep breaths and a sigh of relief. he too observed his surroundings, taking notice of the doorway, isaac then turned his attention to Obrim. "Ya...weird." he then looked to the doorway. "Well, since we're out of options. I guess we're supposed to go that way."

mcstringer
12-03-2009, 03:49 AM
"After a slight break first." Obrim sits down with an exhausted plop. He hears a slight growl loud enough to reverberate throughout the room.

"Guess not."

Obrim does not question it. He just gets back up and runs to the next doorway.

Sigma
12-03-2009, 04:07 AM
"Damnit all..." he tried to shout out but was too tired to even to. he then followed behind Obrim. as the two fled from the mysterious beast, the light appear in front of them sent a beam towards them. the two suddenly appear in what looks like the inside of an ancient vault of sorts. filled with weapons, and shockingly, several stone Coffins. "Alright...I'm glad we're done with that thing. but here?"

"Does it not comfort you?" said a voice of a female. the same that was heard before.

Isaac suddenly jumped at the voice. "What the hell was that?"

A holo-device then rose from the ground, then a holographic image of a woman (http://thefirstangel.deviantart.com/art/Flames-of-magic-23909520) before them. "I have been waiting for warriors such as youselves for many lifetimes."

mcstringer
12-03-2009, 07:27 AM
Obrim leaned on his knees to catch his breath. To exhausted to pay attention to the light dispay infront of him.

"I honestly don't care ma'am, but if you showed us the way out that would be awesome."

He started looking at the coffins and noticed one in particular that caught his eye. The hologram went on unabashed.

"My people have wished to give a warning to the future. I hope it is not too late."

Sigma
12-03-2009, 07:45 AM
"I'm afraid to say that is uncertain." the hologram replied. "I am but a keeper of knowledge of the Mokai Order. "

"Mokai....?" Isaac said. "Arent they a myth?"

"Certainly not. not something the chosen ones would say."

mcstringer
12-03-2009, 08:15 AM
Obrim tore his attention away from the coffings and gave a look to the hologram that said in volumes that she must be STUPID.

"Hhhheeellloooo, lady you must been breathing dust forever. There is no way the me.."

and he points to Saju,

"and that hairless beast are.."

He makes air quote marks.

"Chosen ones."

Sigma
12-03-2009, 08:27 AM
A chuckle followed by the hologram. "It would be impossible for me to actually breath."

"Secondly....how would explain yourselves for being here? surely you've went through the trials that you indeed prove of having magic within you. otherwise, you would have fallen to your deaths in your first steps if you were not born of mokai blood."

"Thats not really reassuring ...." Isaac said, giving one quick glare to Obrim for the "Hairless Beast" bit.

mcstringer
12-03-2009, 08:45 AM
Obrim looked nervously and cautiously around the room.

"Yah, trails.... like falling by accident because of a freak explosion, running our asses off from a colapsing building, and running again from an illusionary beast creature thing....yyaaahhh, I am pretty sure those were the trials you were talking about sweethart."

Sigma
12-03-2009, 08:57 AM
"Besides, I think there's a mistake ma'am. we no chosen ones, or Mokai. we're just soldiers. nothing more."

"Perhaps if you knew what is clearly happening." the hologram said. "You would understand...look around you and I will tell you the tale."

All around them were paints on the walls depicting events of an Ancient War.

mcstringer
12-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Obrim looks up at the pictures. They seemed to be pictographs of prosperity on one side and gradually grew to pictures of violence and gore, which ment absolutely jack didlily (means nothing) to him, and he showed it.

"Ok....pretty pictures, sooooo."

Sigma
12-03-2009, 06:31 PM
The hologram then flickered away as her image was replaced by a screen showing various images.

Long long ago, in the beginnings of recorded history. existed an Order of warrior monks of all races known as the Mokai Order. once peacekeepers of the galaxy. they've always kept order in the galaxy from chaos.

However....it was inevitable of what was to come.......

On the world of Ormagoden. a group of three hundred Mokai were sent to establish a new Temple on this world rich of magic. contact was lost with this group for a month. the Order then sent a scout team to investigate. that was a mistake.....

They indeed found them. however the scout team returned. this indeed worried the High Council. but it would not end there....

Through the galaxy Mokai warriors, teachers, and students were disappearing from the galaxy. entire temples were left empty. it was when the council sent a fleet to Ormagoden to see if it was the source of the mass disappearances.

When the fleet arrived. they were attacked by a large fleet of black warships led by a dark moon ship. one a few ships fled from the system to warn the Order their brothers and sisters have turned on them.
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/Ships/fleet-2.jpg

This attack sparked the Mokai Wars that engulfed the galaxy in chaos. the Dark Mokai as they were now known, sent vast armies across the galaxy, consisting of the abducted mokai and none-magic users. they all worshipped this unknown evil entity they called Dark One.

The War spanned for nearly a hundred years.
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/rpstuff-38.jpg
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/rpstuff-34.jpg
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/RP%20Characters%20and%20Stuff/rpstuff-54.jpg
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/RP%20Characters%20and%20Stuff/rpstuff-47.jpg
It was then the council ordered the Invasion of Ormagoden. there the final battle was fought. the Dark mokai sent many against them, vile creatures, beasts, men, and war machines of the likes they've never seen before.
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/RP%20Characters%20and%20Stuff/rpstuff-53.jpg
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/Fantasy/robot-1.jpg
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/Fantasy/soldier-21.jpg

The battle was drawn to a close....the council defeated the dark one. and banished it to within a ship much older then the Order itself. the Ragnarok...

The image soon flicker off as the woman reappeared. "And a Prophecy tells that the Dark One will return. and that five chosen heros would rise and defeat the evil once and for all."

mcstringer
12-04-2009, 08:07 AM
"Coooollll, I wish I had a bag of sweet corn for that little show."

Obrim crossed his arms, started tapping his left foot, and gave a look of indignation to the hologram. He did not know why he was pissed at a non-living, non-breathing entity, but he knew why he was annoyed. This thing was telling him an old legend the little pups barely hear anymore because the story no longer sounded believeable at all.

"That still does not explain why or how a freak accident makes us two out of your five chosen ones, or what have you. If it was not for a stuctural collapse, me and this hairless would be still duking it out topside. Which is something I have been meaning to get back to since I have a responsibility up there, so the quicker all this fireworky whoose whatsits goes the better."

Sigma
12-04-2009, 09:39 AM
"Hmmm....very well. if you do not believe my words. look to your right, and will see weapons used by the Mokai long past. they will only activate if handled by one strong in magic, and nothing else. if you do not believe me then. I shall release yo---" the hologram was interrupted as she detected something approaching the planet. something big "There's no time! hurry and choose your weapons and I will set you free. if you are fully convinced...."

She paused for a moment, reading through her databank on current Mokai in the system. "Seek Master Sage L'ora Tai."

Isaac complied and looked though the various weapons stocked within this vault. taking interest to a small gray cylinder shaped object. grabbing it, it suddenly ignited in a bright blue beam of light. "Sweet. now can we go on with our previous business above?"

------------

Elsewhere above the planet. a large dark, sleek warships loomed over the colony. undetected by the warring fleets, yet.
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/Ships/Starship-103.jpg
From An observation room, a cloaked figure stood at the front of the watching the planet below. "Begin the invasion immediately. the Dark One wills it!"

mcstringer
12-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Obrim walked to the wall of weapons after Saju recieved his, and he chose a sword similar to Saju's except it looked like an engraved wooden sword handle without a guard. When he pulled it out of its resting place, it made Obrim jump when a straight laserblade of electric green light shot out of the hilt.
http://www.theconcentrium.com/mike/Comm/Tenchi/0Tenchi.jpghttp://i49.tinypic.com/2wqy7is.jpg

The blade retracted imediately after like it was commanded to by his subconscious thought.

"OK freaky swords, check."

He looks over to Saju. Obrim was still carefully holding his sword out infront of him and away from his body.

"Soo, you know the way out yet cuz I don't."

A lightbulb went off insided the head of Obrim Jaller.

"You think we should take these leftover weapons and that weird AI with us? I mean.. once we frickin find a way out of this dump. There is no guarantee these walls will hold up long enough for us to leave and comback for them when we find the other 'chosen ones' and that Tai person."

Sigma
12-04-2009, 08:13 PM
"Sounds like a plan." Isaac said as he took two of the weapons and stuffed them underneath his coat.

He walked up to the ancient holo-projector. "Ok....any way you could turn to a disc...or something We could bring along."

"Hmmm...it could be arranged." she as she faded away, immediately after an flat stone tablet the small enough to be help by the palm of a hand ejected from the machine. Isaac slide it out and the woman appear once more from the center of the tablet. "Be careful with me will you?"

mcstringer
12-04-2009, 08:32 PM
"You are taking care of her, Isaac. I could not stand the nagging."

Obrim returned to the weapons rack and retrieved the last weapon. It was bigger than the others, but it condensed down to pocket sized at his touch like a Transformers robot. He did not jump or act started this time because he had seen enough that anything could be possible. He put it in his inside shirt pocket, his weapon to his hip, and returned to the business at hand of getting out.

"I have few last questions for you."

He held his hands up to count off the questions.

"Where is the exit? Where is... this "Tai" person? Why did you bug out before? Where, when, and how are we going to find the others, and.... oh can you interface with our systems for ease of communication?

Obrim stood like a stump waiting for the answers until he remembered something else.

"Oh right almost forgot. What are we to call you? We never caught your name as you popped up and did all of your jew-jew stuff."

Sigma
12-04-2009, 09:06 PM
"Well the exist is above of course. I just need to transport you out. It will take around ten minutes for to transport the three of us to the surface." she paused for a few seconds. "Now that's done. now one with Master Tai. well, according to current to my data. he is located on the planet Sometaaw."

"That will be problem. for one of us" Isaac interrupted. "You may not know. but we're at war and I doubt a Xagari would be let in so easily. probably be shot on sight."

"Well, you'll have to think up something don't you? now where was I? ah yes, to find the other chosen, well the universe will show the way."

"Still not helping much." Isaac said.

Ignoring him, she resumed. "As for communication. all that needs to be done is both of to hold on to the tablet and I will integrate with you both. and finally you can call me Oriana, or Ori for short. now that's settled we can be on our wa---"

"You missed a question." he said.

"Excuse me?"

"Why you bugged out before."

"Oh....I did want to trouble you both on such a time. but if you insist."She paused once more for a moment. "The enemy has arrived."

"What?"

"The Dark Mokai are here."

mcstringer
12-05-2009, 12:45 AM
"Oh HELL" Obrim sat on his rear with a plop. He put his head on his knees and sighed hopelessly.

"Well fucking great. We are in the dragon poo now."

Obrim got up and walked over to Oriana and held her disk/tablet to link up.

"Well the lest we could do is tell the possible location of the "Dark Mokai" respective superiors and bug out to S-ome-taaw."

Pronouncing Sometaaw was a little weird for Obrim, but he always tried his best to sound the syllables out of the native tongue speaking.

"Yah know, I have two last questions before we go to the surface and die.."

He was interupted by the integration of himself to Oriana.
The integration link was quick and painless, and he felt a presense he could tell that would be with him at all times.

"How in the hell are we getting up to the surface in ten seconds, and what are we going to do once we are up there?"

Sigma
12-05-2009, 12:59 AM
"This temple was built with technology lost to the galaxy. having a special device that can phase living creatures from here, to the surface. but it takes much energy to do so."

"And once we get back to the surface?" Isaac asked around the same time as Obrim.

"Do you as the furry one suggested. alert your people of the Dark Mokai. otherwise, they will learn of them as the dark one's army attacks this world."

mcstringer
12-05-2009, 06:31 AM
"Man, I almost want to grab as much of this tech as I can, but I am afraid we'll use it to fight each other."

"So, wait til night fall.. then return to our respective camps?"

Sigma
12-05-2009, 06:36 AM
"Agreed." Isaac replied. "Let's hope these dark mokai guys stay put til then."

"Now with that settled." Oriana said they were suddenly phased out from the temple, to the suface, some where in the war torn city, hearing discharges of energy weapons and gunfire echoing. "Looks like your guys broke through the defenses." he said.

mcstringer
12-05-2009, 06:46 AM
"huh... guess we did."

Back on the surface, Obrim took deep breaths.

"Ah nothing like good clean air to get your legs a moving."

He turns to Isaac Saju to shake his hand.

"Welp glad to meet you. Guess we go our seperate ways now. My comm is back online which means my unit can track me down now, too. Don't you worry about me getting to Sometaaw in one piece."

Obrim starts jogging off as fast as he can after shaking Isaac's hand. He did not want his brother in arms captured and possibly dissected by the Xess.

Sigma
12-05-2009, 06:54 AM
Isaac watched Obrim walk off for a minute or two in slience. soon a comm-link came to life as his XO contacted him. "Commander!" the Jaldari called him in a low tone. his ship could be seen entering the atomsphere, heading towards the city. "We lost your singal for a while. are you alright?"

"Ya...I'm fine. Whats the situation at orbit?"

"Not good sir, most of the fleet fled. we're one of the few ships that escaped the battle."

"Damn....where to now?"

"We're landing at Base Camp Epsion. I'm sending a dropship to pick you up."

mcstringer
12-05-2009, 06:55 PM
Obrim was silent as possible as he moved through out the city. He could here small pockets of fighting now and again, but none of it was near enough for him to see.
He paused at one spot, this spot was littered with bodies. It looked like all hell broke loose, so he got closer to inspect the battle scene.

"Oh man..... Oriana, I am going to turn on my cam on my HUD head set, can you alert Isaac and stream it to him?"

What he saw was not pretty. He could sort of tell from the body layout the battle looked typical at the start with the Sometaaw Republic on one side and the Xagari Empire on the other, then it went all to hell.

"Isaac, if you are somehow watching this, I think I know what happened here, and I don't think we made it through the city."

There was a small undertone of good news with all of this gore. The last of the bodies were laid out as if The two original teams were fighting together at their end.

The Heaven's Blade blasted through his HUD broadcasting like crazy, and it turned off his cam with such a strong signal.

"Blade this is Major Obrim Jaller call sign Leo Echo Hector 3914, could you not broadcast that loud my ears will split open."

he heard screams of jubulation and suprise.

"We've got news for you sir...."

"Corporal Shel is that you?"

"Yes,sir , but no longer Corporal and Havok... and Niner are also safe. However the 5 that went with you did not, but not because if you. Two died in the assault and the other three have become a part of the rear assault. You'll have to wait until you come aboard to tell us what the hell happened to you, sir."

"I'd be happy to tell you as soon as I see your pretty face."

"Then look up."

The Ship of the Heaven's Dragoons came down from the sky in all her massive beauty and a small dropship came down as Heaven's Blade hovered above which started to get pop shots now and again, but none were strong enough to take out her shields.

Sigma
12-05-2009, 10:02 PM
As Isaac stood waiting for his ride out, scanning his surroundings, frowning at the horrible sight of destruction, it also brought back some painful memories. "Isaac." Oriana spoke. " Your furry friend has streamed something to you. I'll show what he saw." he received footage from Obrim, as well as a message.

"Isaac, if you are somehow watching this, I think I know what happened here, and I don't think we made it through the city."

He sighed in relief, but realize if the imperials did not break through. then it must have been.....

But he no time as the dropship came hovering downward, levitating a few inches from the ground, he soon climbed aboard when a soldier reached his hand out for him. "Welcome back Commander." he said.

"Ya....it's been one hell of a day."

"Just wait till we get back to the ship."

Isaac gave a confused look, but did not bother to ask and will see what the soldier ment.

mcstringer
12-06-2009, 09:26 AM
Obrim walking out of the steam shower on the Heaven's Blade with his fur soaked to the bone and towel around his waist. He started wipping his head fur down with a spare towel as the now Captain Shel stood quietly embarrassed in the middle of the room.

"So let me get this straight I was gone for two days, and within 24 hours, we were desimated.?"

"Yes, sir"

"Damn, oh and since you have a Captain's rank now, you don't need to call me 'Sir'. It's Obrim."

"Thhh Thannk sir aaaa Obrim sir. I am Sara."

"Glad to know Sara, please sit down and don't be so uptight to us officers now."

Obrim hit his fist to the desk he did not remember sitting down in.

"Damn, he just had to believe them didn't he."

"General Gezas was an amibitious bastard, sir."

Obrim gave Sara a look.

"I mean Obrim."

Sara blushed with embarrassment not quiet used to her quick rise to Captain.

"He was not the only idiot. Our whole command structure for the fleet just up and left to meet them."

Obrim let a look of disbelief show on his face.

"And from tell the Republic did the same."

"Huh...tea?"

"No thank you, What are your orders now that you are the Highest ranking member of Heaven's Dragoons and the last of First Fleet."

"First, everyone can only drink a tea or water, because tea is for morning the dead. Number 2, When all the leftover ships have regrouped from their relief efforts, we will all meet at the Geqraw Astroid Belt to regroup and take in what is left as Heaven's Dragoons. Then, we will hold a funeral for the dead, then celebrate their lives.
I leave it up to the ship captains to know who and how to regroup and get to the asteriod belt as safe as possible."

"Will you be relocating to the flagship, sir?"

Obrim raised one of his eyebrows, but he let it slide this time.

"No, that would only confuse things further. Have the communications officer rewire the comms to this room so I can broadcast from here and be out of everyone elses way."

"You've got it Obrim."

Captain Shel left the room with a snap salute to go about her business of leading the ship's crew. Obrim laid his head down on his desk and cried his eyes out for a near solid hour. He composed himself and took a long sip of tea.

"Ok Oriana, I am ready to do whatever I have to do to FUCKING KILL THEM ALLL!"

Sigma
12-06-2009, 10:44 AM
"Scanning....." Oriana said to him. "It probably wont take long to find their ship.....aaand I found it. it's above this planet. however I'd advise a strategy with your fellow chosen one. a rushed attack could cost you your life and many others."

----------

Elsewhere, Isaac and the XO were in his quarters when he was told of the past events.

"Two days?!" Isaac exclaimed. "No wonder it's gone all to hell..."

"Yes." The Jaldari XO said. "As we battled the Imperial fleet. a lone vessel entered the fray and engaged both our ships, as well as the Imperials. mid way through the battle it unleashed swarms of fighters and other craft. we managed to hid ourselves behind the moon long enough before a patrol found us."

"This is serious....we'll deal with this somehow. for now, you return to the bridge, I need some rest..."

"Understood, Commander."

As the jaldari left the room, isaac lied on his back on the bed. his eye lids started to come heavy. "Sleep in a time like this?" Oriana spoke, instantly opening his eyes wide.

"Uhh....can this wait?"

" 'Fraid not. it seems Obrim is ready to take on the enemy."

----------

Meanwhile, somewhere within the Dark Mokai ship. three cloaked figures stood in the observation room. "Phase one is complete." one of them said. "Assault Team is now in route for the chosen ones.."

mcstringer
12-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Obrim snapped to with what he just heard

"OOH nnooo, I meant a total regroup Ori, I am not that nutty. lThe idea is to tell everyone what the hell is happening and making an alliance treaty between our respective selves and training with that Tai guy."

" I would like to leave out the chosen one bit, if that would be good, anndd *yawn*, if you could.... somehow ........ transfer some useful tech......... data to the organic AI on the ship *yawn* that would be stellar...... By the way...... its..... HIS name is Blade................."

Obrim passed out on the desk as soon as he finished.

Sigma
12-06-2009, 11:20 AM
"Oh I see." she said. "But why you want to leave out the fact that you're one of--" before she could finish Obrim passed out. "Ah! the nerve....Isaac it seems--" but she soon heard loud snoring when going over to Isaac's head. "It will have to wait....now...how long before they wake up?"

Within within five minutes of silence. the ship shook violently all the sudden. sirens going off of a boarding action. "CRRRAAAPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!' Isaac screamed as soon as he woke up.

mcstringer
12-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Obrim woke up to sirens going off, and the shipp being rocked about like a kid opening a Christmas present. He keyed his comm on his desk.

"Sara what is going on?"

"We are being attacked by the black ships!"

"OH s@##@#$ Sara do not engage them I repeat Do not ENGAGE. Keep as many ships as you can in a defensive formation."

"Why?"

"Because we are going to make nice with the Republic. I am coming to the deck."

Obrim threw off the towel he fell asleep in and while the ship rocked with canon blaster fire he threw on a set of clothes that looked like a diver's suit. Opened his door. and without waiting for it to open fully, shot threw it, and ran pelmel down the hallways knocking into things and people as he ran to the bridge.

"Ori I was going to break you in easy to the Ship's Organic AI, but I guess that doesnot get to happen. I hope the security system does not kill me with you tagging along."

Sigma
12-07-2009, 12:23 AM
A large formation of boarding craft thrust towards the Blade, making it for the hanger like torpedoes. they however were unarmed targets. and most where destroyed in the assault.
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/RP%20Characters%20and%20Stuff/rpstuff-46.jpg
Those that manged to breach the ship came crashing down the hanger bay. destroying any landed ships in their way. as caps poped out, a mist begun forming in the hanger.

Republic soldiers moved in and surrounded the boarding craft. entering the mist. "Keep your eyes open!" the sergeant ordered.

Although the soldiers could barely see through the fog. as it died down, what they saw ad were facing terrified them. strange humanoid creatures could be seen. they seemed to have been held together by stitches and wore breathing masks of sorts.
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/RP%20Characters%20and%20Stuff/creature-37.jpg

"The fuck are those things?!!?" one soldier shouted.

"Who gives damn! fire!!"

mcstringer
12-07-2009, 02:34 AM
Obrim heard the klang of boarding ships clinging to the front hanger bays.

"Captain, What's happening out there?"

"We've got company 's what! The boarding teams have been sent to stave them off. We have news that the enemy is just sliced together what nots of dead bodies. They could be from the surface massacre because they are seeing Republic and Imperial species put together."

"I am almost to the bridge. Have the teams lock themselves down with whatever they can find and open the hanger bays to space vaccuum. That will hopefully clear them out."

Obrim minutes later makes it to the bridge, and from the top deck rockets himself off a control panel, and he lands a clumsy dive into the nanite goo the organic AI uses and others can use to pilot the ship. This effectively made him part of the organic computer.

Three seconds until I can talk and breathe 1.... 2....... 3..

"Call sigh... sign.... Leo Echo Hector 3914, requesting permission to activate and monitor internally."
I repeat....."

"Welcome aboard sir, Thanks for taking that stress for me so I can focus more on our outside problems. Your countdown clock has started for when you have to leave and be replaced."

"Thanks, but I'll leave once this is over."

"that is dangerous sir"

"No shit."

Obrim let the battle screen be created before him by the nanites at eye level. It showed the infected areas with enemies, areas where fires needed to be contained, the comm channels, life support systems, and condition of the engines. He first isolated the fires and used the working emergency systems to put them out, then he activated the auto-turrets inside the ship to help the people still fighting the boarders, and he blacked out the halls completely and allowed his people to use their HUDs like night vision googles to move around safely.

Obrim racked the comm channel frequencies to the widest broacast possible.
"Boy this is a Hail Mary.... Hailing all Imperial ships. Get out of here if you are a non-combat type ship. Repeat GET OUT IF you are non-combat type. All combat ships form around the Eheb-san. Engage all dark ship, do not touch the Republic fleet."

With that done, Obrim switched to the researched Republic frequencies.

"May Day, May Day.... This is the now Colonel Obrim Jaller IF you are hereing this. The last of the Imperial First fleet is moving towards you. Do not fire. I repeat Do not Fire. We want a truce. I repeat We want a truce.... Force consolidation and get the fuck out of here. I repeat May Day May Day..."

Obrim Jaller repeated it as much as he remembered as he faught back the fires occuring, repeative need to send nanites and med teams to damaged mechanicals and people. He was just glad for the compatent people still left.
Oh God come on..... Fools Luck come on.... work with me here.

Sigma
12-07-2009, 10:37 AM
Isaac came rushing out the sliding door, and streamed down the corridor, pushing others aside. "Oriana! lead to where Obrim is!"

"But should you remain here in case the enemy attacks?"

"No time! just lead me to the boarded ship."

"Very well."

Soon Isaac arrives to the hanger and hops aboard the cockpit of a Enforcer Heavy Fighter.

mcstringer
12-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Obrim was busy checking the subsiding conflict on his ship making sure everything was kosher, when he was rudely flushed up and out of the nanite goo by the AI.

"I was not done."

"I don't care your time is up."

Obrim angrily splashed the pool as he got out. It was an attempt at a tantrum his body did not have the energy to do. With in seconds, a new person took his place, and Captain Shel was at his side with an energy bar and some supplements.

"Any answer to my hail?"

"None yet, but we are in better range now and the fleet has encircled the last of what the Republic has."

"That's good news. And as far as I know we are doing well on the inside, what about out?"

"Masters Niner and Havok have told me so.... We have 50% power to sheilds, the hual is banged to hell, we can't launch any fighter, on this ship 30 out of the 80 able bodied people on board are dead, we only have 3 capital ships left, 2 frigates besides us, and a smattering of destroyers and strike craft."

"Huh they went Noncom....smart.....always knew they were. We'll hold until we get word from the Republic on their condition and where we can move to."

"Got it Obrim"

Obrim faded out of consciousness and was laid against a panel out of the way.

Sigma
12-08-2009, 01:32 AM
The Enforcer fighter sped towards the hanger of the boarded ship. fighting it's laser cannons to create a wider entrance for the fighter to enter.

As it landed, the mist cleared, revealing the creatures swarming the hanger. Isaac climbed down the fighter, stepping on a corpse. He stayed at the dead soldier for a moment and proceeded onward. pulling out the laser sword he picked up from the vault. "These things better be worth using." he said to himself.

The opportunity presented itself as three of the creatures came charging at him. "Out of the way freaks!" he shouted as he activated his sword, and slashed them in one stroke. "Whoa.....think I'll hold on to this for sure." Within seconds the upper bodies fell over, multi-colored blood seeping from the slash wounds. "The hell are these things...?" he said with disgust in his tone. Isaac then heard echoing weapons fire somewhere near and moved towards there.

mcstringer
12-08-2009, 08:02 AM
Obrim was shaken awake.

"Sir a Republic fighter blasted their way through and into our hanger."

Obrim came fully awake knowing who it must be.

"Don't shoot the pilot he is a friend."

Obrim rushes over to a comm panel, and presses a button that would stream to ship wide.

"Don't shoot the male in the Rebulic Commander's uniform. If you can lead him to the bridge."

The ghostly Captain Shel was near him ready to hold him up, if he dropped.

"How would you know if the pilot was a male Republic Commander?"

"He was the guy that fell through the hole with me."

"How would you know if it was him?"

"Just a feeling."

He waited for the female Captian to go back to taking care of her ship before he talked to Oriana because he did not want to seem like a crazy guy talking to himself.

"Ori, it is him right?"

Sigma
12-08-2009, 09:17 AM
"That is correct." she replied. "And I must say. he's a little sloppy with his saber. but it is to be expected. Isaac is doing what he can to repel the Abominations."

--------

Isaac begun panting as he slew a few more of the creatures. fighting his way to the bridge. "How many of these bastards are there?"

"You there!" a Xagari soldier called to him from behind. "I've got orders from the Colonel to escort you."

"Hmm...that was fast." he thought to himself.

mcstringer
12-08-2009, 09:14 PM
Master Niner found a Republic pilot in a Commander's uniform and showed him the way threw the mazes of hallways and wreckage made by the battles around the ship. They barely fought anything along the way. If they did fight, they were quickly replaced. Niner turned to the pilot has guided him to the bridge.

"I don't know and I don't care how you do it, but If you can help do so. Aparently Colonel Jaller thinks you can, which is why I did not shoot you as soon as I saw you."

He passed the improvisd hospital with the mountain of wounded inside. He passed dead brethern in every hallway, which lessen as he got closer to the bridge. He turned to the Commander when they were just outside the door.

"We have mostly all of the fighting contained, and the enemy pushed back for now. We know and love this man. We are the Elite of the Elite squadrons in the Imperial Army, and If you betray him, whatever is left of us will kill you. No where will be safe."

He stepped to the side to open the door.

"Do I make myself clear?"

Sigma
12-09-2009, 04:47 AM
"Crystal." he replied and entered the room, approaching behind Obrim. "Seems you handled things well."

-----------

"It seems the first wave has failed."

"Shall we send a second wave to weaken them further?"

"No. we can not afford to strain our resources until the Hierarchs arrive."

"This is not acceptable." another voice spoke behind the three figures. an alien humanoid with avian features stepped forward through a sliding door. he had facial horns on both sides of his cheeks, and an synthetic arm grafted to where his left arm should be.
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/RP%20Characters%20and%20Stuff/character-1244.jpg

"Ah, Lord Arterius. what brings you here?"

"To prevent you from making a grave mistake." he then pulled out a saber weapon from his side and ignited it. "I will do whatever takes to destroy the chosen ones. even if it means "relieving" you of your duties."

"Wait....s-s-stop!" one of them cried out before they were cut down to pieces by the Dark Lord. he retracted his weapon. "I will allow the chosen ones to retreat for now..... but once they reach their staging ground. I will strike a strife blow that will shake the foundations of the false mokai!"

mcstringer
12-09-2009, 01:00 PM
"Oh hell sometimes I hate being right."

Obrim turned to the human standing behind him while still laying on the floor.

"Sorry there are no chairs here. I hope you have a plan to get us all out of here. I am drained from making sure we stayed alive this long. It seems they have relaxed and are starting to withdraw. I'll be taking a nap now. You're in charge."

Obrim yawned one last time before curling up right then and there and going to sleep.

Sigma
12-09-2009, 10:20 PM
"If you say so." he said, opening up comms between both republic and imperial fleets. "This Commander Saju of the 21st Battalion. as of this forward I'm in command. if we are to survive through this. I'm ordering all remaining ships and ground troops to Base Camp Epsion. there we'll resupply, rest, and if worse comes to worse. make our final stand there."

mcstringer
12-14-2009, 07:51 PM
Obrim woke up in his room with the feel of ether space, when the ship travel's faster than light. He reached around his darkened room to find a comm link, but a medic walked in and calmly flicked the lights on. The medic did not know that Obrim was awake because she jumped when she was expecting a sleeping face.

"Morning Sir."

Obrim cringed a throbbing headache started dancing in his head, so he laid back down on the bed and let the medic do her thing.

"Is it really morning?"

"Don't know sir. We are in ether space right now. You can't tell if it's purple outside. You know that."

"Right, Right, Right, so am I clean?"

"Just a few more days rest and you will be fightin' fit."

"Great...."

"See you sir."

The medic leaves. Leaving Obrim wondering what went on after his nap.

Sigma
12-15-2009, 01:12 AM
An hour had passed since the fleet entered ether space. before this, they gathered at orbit, and were careful to not be detected by their new enemies. Isaac stood at the helm of the Blade, starring into ether space. "Sir, we're about to exist ether space, we'll be over Epsion Base right about.....now."

The fleet then appeared over at the other side of the planet. above the base from orbit. Isaac smiled that they've finally arrived. "Bout time. get ready to unload all troops and the wounded. we got defenses to set up."

End of Chapter 1
Ending Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcrDWAuyqtc)

Sigma
12-18-2009, 03:44 AM
Chapter 2: Defense of Epsion

A day had passed since the fleet's arrival of over the base and colonial capital of Epsion. both wounded republic and imperial soldiers have been transported from the combined fleet down to the surface on Epsion Base. however refugees from other cities and settlements have also gathered in and around the base. it is expected that the Dark Mokai Army will be attack the base soon, however what draws them there is unknown.

Lord Arterius stood at the center over the observation deck. starring at the planet below.

"My lord." A human in a gray officer's uniform approached Lord Arterius from behind. "I have received word that the High Priestess will arrive in the system within the next day with your flagship."

"Excellent." he said. "What of our forces?"

"We've begun deployment towards the enemy staging ground. we're sending all ground troops we've got."

"Perfect....prepare my shuttle...I want to be at head of the assault. and send a small team to the vault...The Hierarch's would be pleased with the spoils I bring them..."

mcstringer
12-18-2009, 06:14 PM
"Wow, eh.. who knew what fear and a little elbow grease could do in a day."

Obrim sat at a table with the other surviving leaders of both the Republic and Empire and a Holo-map of the base and surrounding terran. He sipped some tea offered early by an aid of some kind. Man, I still have to get used to being one of the people "in the know". Obrim takes a sip of tea a little worried about the akward silence.

"Ah, you of the Republic make some decent tea. According to the supers the Imperial Defense Cannons will be finished on time. We need to think of a way to get these refugees out of here. The Imperail ReSuppliers that made it through that Hell can hold the ones that don't want to stay and fight. After of course they are stripped down and their guns and armor are relocated for better use elsewhere."

Sigma
12-18-2009, 09:20 PM
"We'll need to set up patrol here." Isaac said pointing to the nearby forests on the holo-map. "No doubt they'll be landing troops there."

The Jaldari XO stood up from his chair. "We need to be quick in evacing the civilians. as far as we've seen. they'll spare no one in the coming battle. it'll be a massacre"

mcstringer
12-19-2009, 07:05 AM
"Yah know it kinda makes me wonder about the stupidity of people in general."

Obrim sighed before continueing and set down his tea.

"All of these 'refugees' were safe and spread out in different cities, and now they just fucked themselves over by clutching together like some yagari...or lets think of something more familiar......chickens I believe they're called.. anyway. Point is they just insured a quicker death for them and a mondo headache for us."

Obrim put his head in his hands with his elbows on the table.

"Now we have to monitor their business and petty quabbles and make a defensible position against the strongest fleet in known history."

A Drawell's gravelly, a Master Sargent, voice spoke up, "Some of them wish to stay and fight. I say we give them that chance."

Obrim turned to the one that spoke.

"Do you want to keep an eye on untrained Republic weaklings or fight? No offense to present company of course."

A couple of the Republic commanders liked like they just got their feathers ruffled. However, Isaac's presence seemed to keep the lowly mutts in line. Otherwise, they would have found out what their frontline troops knew. The Imperial battle gloves were perfect for putting people down with little fuss. Obrim just happened to have a new set with his old programs, curtesy of Captain Shel, laying limp at his hip along with the Mokai toy he had yet to really try out.

Obrim, however, was not glad that he was chosen to be the leader of the surviving Imperial forces since their were more seasoned Imperial soldiers in the room, including the Master Sargent Drawell that had spoken earlier, just because he was the highest ranking officer.

Sigma
12-19-2009, 08:29 AM
"Whether or not they'll be in the way, we'll need all the help we can get. we have no exact Intel of the enemy's strength." Isaac said, crossing his arms and turned to his XO. "At'trel, return to the fleet and form a defensive ring for the ReSuppliers to move through. once they enter ether space, hold off the enemy ships for as long as you can."

"Understood, Commander." At'trel said, saluting him as he left, Isaac returned his attention to the other officers. "Any more ideas?"

mcstringer
12-19-2009, 07:17 PM
Obrim spoke up before the suplicants could think of anything stupid.

"Since we ARE going to use them, The Troop Carriers, the ones which made it here, have spare blasters and rifles that we can use to equip some of them. We really need more backs to finish the extra additions to this base on time. Our engineers, small amount of drones, and work gangs can only do so much on adreniline. Everyone out there can use a little rest."

Obrim sat lethargicly with grime and grit all over his body. Pissed at the Republic Big wigs that did not do any labor at all.

Obrim recovered during the trip to the base. Immediately on planetfall, started organisizing additions to the Base in what spot and how much and where. The few Imperial "officers" that were left including Obrim got in with the work gangs and worked with the rest; because they were trained as warriors and not officers. They knew the more people that got to work. The faster the defenses were finished, but apparently the most of the surviving Republic officers, excluding Isaac and some others, did not feel the same way, which caused tension between the two parties.

In turn, causing a bitter mood in the current meeting.

Ori, remind me to beat these Republic bastards for their stupidity when we are done with this.

"I hope can agree on the tactics we will use against these....monsters. Ya'll already know my opion, which is guerilla tactics to spread the forces into small pockets that can be easily handled and not the head on collision some of you Republic idiots are suggesting."

------

http://www.facebook.com/profile/pic.php?oid=AAAAAQAQuq5tCSBcKjge1v6yzSIIowAAAAkzRe Mpf5iuvvkmMlNQoSMN&size=normal

A filthy ball of goo and disgust used a hoverchair contraption to find his way to the side of Lord Arterius. His vile breath filed the room with bile. He was Dr. Rekugis, the mad scientist, feared in ancient times for the atrocities he did to the bodies of all things just to gain a grain of knowledge.

"Your Death Knights are almost ready, sire."

Sigma
12-19-2009, 08:38 PM
"Excellent...." Arterius said. "Soon we shall bring death to our enemies. and I grow ever closer to my treasure....come doctor."

The two would then move into an elevator leading to the hanger. "I will be departing soon to lead the attack, do you wish to join in the glorious bloodbath to come? I think it would please you to see your experiments test their full potential. especially your two recent specimens." a loud bing rang as they reached their destination, the door slide open to a large hanger as hundreds of soldiers begin preparations for the battle.

"The Kinbak brothers, am I correct? they've proven to be excel in combat. possibly even against mokai"

------

"I agree." Isaac said in agreement to Obrim's option. "Our changes of survival may."

"As much it pains me to agree...." one of the republic officers said. "We seem to have no choice at the matter."

All other republic officers simple nod their heads and follow in.

Isaac looked to Obrim. "Lets be quick and organize the teams. time's not on our side."

mcstringer
12-19-2009, 11:23 PM
Obrim turned to the Master Darwell in the room.

"Can you please go pick among the refugees the ones you deem able to fight and arm them, and thrust the other volunteers into the work gangs."

"SIR"

Obrim was still not used to the snap-to reaction as the Drawell left the room. He returns his attention to Isaac. Finding Isaac and he were the only ones left in the room.

"So, are we going to stand and fight, or find that Mokai Master? We could use Ori's help. She might know SOMETHING about them we don't yet besides the fact they can kick our collective asses from here to Sunday."

----

"Yes Lord Arterius, The Kinbak brothers were just unfrozen and are in the Battle Dome homing their skills from their deep sleep. Would you like to see them in action sire?"

Sigma
12-20-2009, 07:35 AM
"Problem is we can't afford the time to find the guy." he sat back down, setting his feet on the table. Oriana soon spoke up. "You should probably remain here for the moment."

"Well look who finally spoke up." Isaac said. "Anyway....by any chance can you use your ancient tech to somehow contact the Temple?"

"Well I could try. however you should not be hopeful."

------------

Lord Arterius turned to the doctor with what seems to be a grin. "Of course." he replied. "I want them to join me before we begin." the two returned to the elevator leading into the Battle Dome, deeper within the ship.

mcstringer
12-21-2009, 06:07 AM
"Let's hope that our mail runners got to our respective powers atleast then. Without their help we are screwed. Even with the guerillas using the forest and the mountainous terrain around us, we'll eventually lose."

Obrim pointed to a spot on the holo map and a dot appeared on a mountainous area.

"I'll protect that pass with some guerillas to by time when the time comes. I'll go scout it out with a fresh pair of eyes when we are done here."
----
The duo reached the Battle Dome. The crowd roared as Lord Arterius stepped into his seat on the dias over looking the blood fest to come.

"As I understand Lord, you love the smell of blood. You'll like what we have for you today."

Doc. Rekugis activated more of the vents on his anti-grav chair and floated to the center of the Dome above the crowd. The crowd quieted down out of semi-respect.
He gazed about the masses full of blood lust.

"Thank you, Thank you all. Did you like the demonstation set by our monsters? The Kwell Hounds!"
http://static.collectorsquest.com/users/r/resonantfish/collections/778/originals/9afa62d89b26bf69a575c00d73e204c6.jpg
The roar of the crowd as an answer made the Doctor smile.

"Then Let us begin the main attraction. But first, our fighters will not be fighting these three Kweel Hounds here. NO! with their sharp finger blade and claws, a mouth of death and destruction that can unhinge to accept larger prey, their unwavering eyes, unnatural agility, and natural stamina, the three present here will not be enough for the two warriors waiting in the wings. No, we shall see SIX fight in the ring of the Dome with them."

The crowd screams in rucous excitement.
I have them in the palm of my hands.

"But wait there is MORE. Don't go to the Betting Booths yet. Because for such a special occasion as LORD ARTERIUS in attendance. WE ARE ADDING 3 MORE!!!!!"

The crowd ripped the stadium walls screaming for blood as more of the animals bounded out. The animals sensed the presence in the air and almost started fighting amongst each other.

"Let us bring out our fighters the Beasts of Blood........ the KKKKKIIIIIIIBBBBAAKKKKK BROTHERS!"

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2006/10/Hellboy-thumb.jpghttp://www.wired.com/images_blogs/underwire/images/2008/07/07/wink_concept.jpg
Street Fighter-Sick Puppies (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY4MKj9Q784&feature=channel)
The brothers stepped through the gates and it felt like the whole ship shook. The crowd knew their request for blood and gore would be full filled this match.

Sigma
12-22-2009, 12:42 AM
The beasts turned to see their prey approaching them, instantly they charged towards the brothers with frightening speed that would force any fool to flee, however the Kinbak brothers stood their ground and waited for the time to fight. the first pair of Kwell Hounds came and An'rama, the eldest grinned as he stuffed his pistol down the holster and pulled out a curved sword from his back. "Come here ya ugly mutts!"

One the kwell hounds pounced from it's position straight to An'rama and had it's head cut clean off it's body. the blood splattered all over his face, wiping it off and licking some off his lips, instantly spitting it out.

"Big brother, can I take the next one?" Tokun, the youngest, asked.

An'rama gave a nod as before a hound came into view, tokun then threw his mechanical fist towards the beast, smashing it from within.

"Let add on to the body count, shall we?" An'rama.

mcstringer
12-30-2009, 07:22 AM
The Dark Mokai fleet sat above the new allies in orbit. It unnerved some of the soldiers on the ground because they felt it was a waiting game for their death. The commanders tried to minimize the effect by using a tried and true method, work until your lungs give out and you don't have time to worry about anything else. The work pace was almost doubled and whatever personnel were available to spare were training the refugees in a crash course in Combat 101, which can be summed up in one statement "Keep your head down you dipshit, and you point that end of the gun that way".

Further defenses were being assembled for the guerrilla tactics that will be used to survive long enough for help to arrive. Including: Hopping Betty minefield, sentinel drone defenses, and small forward bases in key locations across the map. These will be set up as deterrents more than actual combat defenses, but, if luck holds out, the allies might be able to set up more permanent "extras".

Obrim spiraled about the pass using the ocular scope in his hand while in the prone position scanning the area for the enemy.

"Hector Echo 3914, this is Lima Lima 1235 over"

Obrim touched the right side of is head where his HUD link-up resided.

"This is Hector Echo, Shel I mean Lima Lima start talking."

" Hector Echo, it was your idea to you call signs in case they will listening in. Don't drop it now."

"Yah I know Lima Lima, progress report."

"The traps are going well in the forest region. I was surprised and giddy the Republic had some BBs that survived. No enemy activity reported otherwise everything is going on schedule. I am still a little freaked out by the waiting game. It's like a cat and mouse scenario, and I don't like it."

"Me neither, but being head honchos now we can't complain like the regulars anymore. Same here at Pass Base 2. A Drawell Master has found some possibly useful caves. He has some of the crew looking into that angle. Most of the sentries are set up and ready to go. No activity reported here or on Base 1 over."

"Hector Echo. Let's hope it stays that way. Lima Lima out."

Obrim disconnected the call.

"I hope so too."

Sigma
12-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Within mere minutes into the arena battle between the kwell hounds and the kinbak brothers. the hounds were left as motionless or torn up corpses, loud roaring cheers followed as the brothers emerged victorious.

From behind the brothers, was a slow clapping sound as they turned to see Lord Arterius and Dr. Rekugis approaching them. "Well done." he begun. "You've proven to be quite the fighters, yes. and I give you the honor to join me in the coming battle. to truly test your skills against our dreaded foe."

"If it's better then fighting these mutts. We're in." An'rama said.

"Splendid. we leave at once. let us not make our enemies wait any longer."

---------------

From outside the Dark Mokai vessel, dozens of troop ships depart from it's hangers and descend onto the planet below. the battle has no begun.

---------------

Isaac was in his command tent, resting before the enemy arrived. he laid on his sleeping bag, on the verge of closing his eyes until he felt something within him. like a bad gut feeling or a disturbance, next would come sirens of the incoming ships. "There here..."

mcstringer
01-06-2010, 06:51 AM
Obrim was in the field command tent when a runner gave him the news.

"Sir the Enemy is landing."

Obrim tapped the maps closed and put the datapad in his pocket. He was using them to check the set-up of armaments and traps. He looked up at the runner.

"The Desert Flats"

"Yes, sir"

The Desert Flats was a designated arid area of the small planetoid they were own. It had slate flats with cracks, caverns, and ready made trenches to be used.

"Prepare the men. We will strike first. Before they can make camp we will rain vengence upon them."

The runner ran about the camp relaying the news.

Obrim tapped his comm on his ear and lit his HUD with two taps of his right hand. The call was to Isaac.

"I won the bet. Now sit back ans let me have some fun."

Obrim's wolfish smile fell naturally to his face. It fit not because he was an anthropic fox, but he had a hidden devil that hardly every saw the light of day. Unfortunately for them, today was one of those days.

Sigma
01-06-2010, 08:04 AM
The boxy landing ships came in contact with the surface as the sand was blew away, boarding ramps slowly extending to the ground. from within was complete darkness, in mere seconds ,inside the lead ship were hundreds of red, blue visors and various other lights sparking to life.

From above an smaller gray/blue colored ship of a dropship class hovered above, it had an insect-like design.
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q173/sigma830/Ships/Starship-105.jpg
Lord Arterius sat on the command chair in the cockpit of the ship. with the doctor by his side. "First wave advance. wipe out anyone in your path."

Hundreds of soldiers, both organic and mechanical marched out the ramp along with dozens of tanks, walkers and other vehicles.

"And so it begins...."