PDA

View Full Version : Read Or Delete OOC

Aeolus
09-29-2010, 09:11 PM
No knowledge of the series needed.

The setting of the original Read or Die series takes place in an alternate history world where the British Empire has remained a major superpower. The Empire's continued existence is guaranteed by the British Library, an external intelligence agency working within the actual British Library, and it’s Special Operations Division.

The British Library is an institution devoted to the promotion of literacy and the greater glory of the British Empire. More than a mere library, the British Library is a powerful political organization with branches all over the world. The organization is led by Gentleman, an old man of extreme longevity and the power behind the throne of the British Empire.

The British Library Special Operations Division is the secret enforcement branch of the British Library. Based in a giant underground complex concealed beneath the Great Court at the British Museum, the Special Operations Division employs a number of agents with special powers and runs operations all over the world to fight book-related crime and terrorism, and to acquire rare works for the Library. Their slogan is "Peace to the books of the world, an iron hammer to those who would abuse them, and glory and wisdom to the British Empire!"

However, twenty five years have passed since the I-jin incident, and the last 'The Paper', the bibliomaniac papermaster Yomiko Readman, who had resolved the incident, has disappeared a few weeks after that day. During this time, the British Library has gained more agents, all of which now live under the said library, with the exception of a few.

Lately, there had been assassinations from all over the world, from simple beggars to high standing officials. The victims have only one thing in common- They knew about, even if it was just the title and in passing, a book called ‘Levasa Deabo Miadel’. No one knows what the title means; Even the British Library has limited information with the exception of the fact that the last part means Delete.

However, another thing that was different about this case was the killer themselves. There had been a rather blurry picture of one of the killers taken by a civilian, but it was enough. The man had the ability to create and control white fire, automatically taking the case out of the hands of the mundane forces and into the paranormal. The man was identified as William Quail, who had gone missing 10 years ago. After that day when the picture was taken, little messages appeared at the scenes of the murders. They were simple lines that seemed to come from different books. Currently, the British Library is still working on decoding these messages, but as of late these events are on the brink of launching a full scale war... Only they don't know who the enemy IS.

For now, they can only try to find more clues as to who is causing these assassination, and send the Agents on the case. All of them.

“We're doomed. We're doomed and we're gonna die and it'll be all our fault because we put our fates in the hands of psychos.” – Milanno Mordecai

Thanks, Mordecai. That sums it up quite nicely.

---

I will list the agents and what powers they have, which you can choose from. However, I will give them a basic personality that I expect them to be that you can expand upon, I just want those key traits in there, which the plot depends upon.

AS FOR THE RULES

1. I AM GODMASTER CATHARIS, HEED ME. MY WILL BE DONE.
2. Follow general rules of RPA, which include flaming, god-modding and etc.
3. No killing other RPers, mainly because they are your team.
4. May be updated when I deem necessary.

Reserved
Taken
Available

The Paper- Now the 20th papermaster agent in the absence of Yomiko, is considered a powerful agent but frequently considered nothing compared to the previous. I image the character as male, as a woman wouldn't really work unless you can give a mind blowing reason. They should have confidence and self-esteem levels a bit lower than usual and a bad attitude to cover this up, and I'd prefer if they were in their early twenties or so.

Jack Frost- This agent controls both water and the ability to cool, or freeze, things. I image this character will be rather cheery and affable, but with large doses of jerk in them. As with the name, the character should preferably be male, but if you want to be ironic you can make the character a chick. Jack Fost should be an instigator of fights with the Paper and Ignis, and enjoying arguments, and should be in their late teens.

The Nightmare- A creepy psychic who is both a mind reader(who always peaks into other's minds without exception or permission, save the few who are able to shut their minds from their intrusion or are protected by an electromagnetic item on their head(AKA, foil hats ftw~!)) and illusionist, able to bring a person's deepest and most disturbing fears from their mind and pretty much mind-rape them. Enjoys this immensely and loves to scare and creep others out, a general psycho who borders the thin line between creepy psychotic but harmless and dangerously demented and disturbed. Can be either gender, but for extra creepy factor make them REALLY freaky in appearance and actions.

Ignis- Hot tempered and easily irritated, I would think, perhaps a bit violent, just like his ability to control and create fire. This character HAS to be male. I'd like this character to be in their late twenties, but any age works as long as its between 18 and 49. Should know that he is being baited by others but falls for it anyway.

The Hunter- There are something people enjoy TOO much, and for the Hunter... Well, obviously its hunting. Able to track anything by touching an object belonging to the person instinctively, the Hunter possesses a superhuman sense of direction, smell and hearing, making this person unable to get lost anywhere. I imagine the Hunter being male and proficient in martial arts, along with being a bit obsessed with the thrill of the hunt and enjoying it far too much to be considered sane. Somewhere in their late twenties to early thirties is preferred.

Dominion- Another psychic, but unlike the Nightmare, Dominion has the ability to manipulate the matter of inanimate objects, able to adjust and change the mass to create something else. For example, able to take a rock the size of their fist and create a dollhouse, and vice versa. However, Dominion can not create matter, only shape it, and usually shapes an innocuous looking item of choice. Can be male or female, but I'd prefer if this character was the youngest out of them, in their mid-teens, and a generally serious person.

The Piper- A manipulator of sound, the Piper may be any gender, and does not have to just use a pipe as a medium to control sound waves. Mainly uses these abilities for trancing others or controlling emotions of people, able to make an entire crowd fall asleep or go into a riot depending on how they play the music. As for personality... Do what you want. Please make them in their late twenties or so, and let them have a background in which they learned how to play instruments.

The Coyote- A very spiritual person in a native american-esque way, the coyote can transform into various animals as long as they have a piece of the said animal with them, their favored form being, you guessed it, a coyote. As the animal implies, this character should be a bit of a trickster and gets along well with Jack Frost, and I imagine this character to be in their late teens/earlier twenties, making them the second youngest of the group.

Technomancer- This character has to be a chick, no exceptions. She is a genius with technology, able to talk and understand machines like they were people and able to feel what they do, and they love her deeply. She can build machines, electronic or no, hack into systems and has some control over electricity. She should be cheerful, touchy-feely and amused by the other's antics, but knows when to make work and play separate.

"I am (Role)."
(picture of appearance here)
Name:
Personality: (Don't just put one word descriptions)
History: (How did you become part of the British Library and what was your life like before?)
Trivia: (Just stuff to personalize your character)

Allan-Hatai
09-30-2010, 09:49 PM
"I am The Piper."
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p133/sprints42/girls/fantasy-1-1-1.jpg
Name: Granye Shiac Torrins
Nationality:American
Personality: Granye enjoys annoying other people. For her, life is about having fun because when the fun's done, you're usually dead. She can be a little reckless, but how reckless can you be when your power is to control people with your voice? Right?
History: Granye actually started out as a very famous musician when she was in her late teens. She learned to play the flute, clarinet, drums, guitar (bass, lead, and acoustic), bongos, trumpet, violin, and chello, as well as learning how to sing properly and improperly. After a while, the business just wasn't fun anymore, and she found the Library. Or it found her. Granye's never been quite sure which it was, but it was excellent timing.
Trivia: She'll disagree with someone just to see how they react. Granye will pull manipulate people any way that suits her, with her voice or just plain spoken words to figure out where they stand on certain subjects and how they feel about other people. She loves to be "in the know" and ferrets out any information possible on anyone she's with. It's a control thing, and a survival thing, all wrapped up in one.

"I am Dominion."
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p133/sprints42/girls/animegirlscarvesdress.jpg
Name: Marianne Tamara Coaley
Nationality: Irish
Personality: Marianne is very quiet. She's such a deep thinker that she doesn't talk much, preferring to listen to what others have to say. Only if they don't say what she's thinking will she speak up. She likes to play small tricks on people in her free time, just as a diversion. Of course, no one thinks it's her and the blame it on something else.
History: Mari's parents were killed in a crash when she was a small child, and she was raised by her father's cousins. They treated her well, but she was never part of the family. Everyone blamed her because Mari somehow survived, even though the car had been totaled on all sides. When asked, all she could say was that when parts of the car tried to hit her, they turned into Styrofoam and didn't hurt her. When she was fifteen, a representative of the Library found her, having hear her story from a town gossip. This person explained her powers, which she'd finally found a modicum of control over. There was no place for her there, so Mari became an agent. She figures that at least she's never bored. Much.
Trivia: Mari gets bored easily, especially in meetings, and will often doodle or make a pack of cards to entertain herself. She loves playing pranks on people, but sticks to little harmless stuff so as not to inconvenience her target too much.

Is it bad that I'm seeing some of the text in 3D?
Anyway, let me know if you need more personality or anything. I just left them short because I want to find their personalities in play. It's a little easier that way.

Aeolus
10-01-2010, 11:11 PM
ASOUYSDAKSHA ALLAN.

ALLAN.

AAAALLLLAANNNN.

Four things- One, Piper can't control people with her voice. Sorry. -_-;

Two- Piper can't be famous because that would get in the way of this being secret agent stuff

Three- Can you change the "I am" part to match what the original character sheet looks like? YOu can just copy paste the "I am" part.

Four- ELITA. WHY HAVE YOU NOT DONE ANYTHIN LIKE MAKE A CHARACTER. I HAVE BEEN BETRAYED.

John
10-02-2010, 10:57 PM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975)or put your RP in The Spotlight (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=306170#post306170) to help attract players?