PDA

View Full Version : A Frozen Future (TES Quest) [M]

Pages : [1] 2 3

Rhomeo
09-12-2015, 10:44 PM
Link to IC (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=75980)
Rated M for possible violence, sexual references and drug usage.

New players are always welcome!

Omakes are open!

To put it simply, it's a collaborative effort from the Quest Master (Me) and the readers (You). I give you a list of decisions, you make the decisions and vote on them. Then, after all's said and done, I take the most voted choice and enact it. Sometimes there'll be multiple things that we can do, other times not. Sometimes because of our character's history or prior actions, they'll be locked onto one choice.

A lot of these things will be dictated by a d100 (with modifiers), so it's entirely possible our hero could die right out the door.

But that's half the fun of it.

These can be used in a variety of ways, but are essentially categorized into three groups. They are spent, burned, or invested.

Spent:
When you spend a Destiny Point, you are sacrificing 1 or more for a set result. For instance, you can spend 1 point for a reroll of any non-global roll, or 20 for a global roll. You can spend a point to gain +5 to a d100 roll, or to gain +1 to a d6 roll. Likewise, on an opposing roll, you can spend the same to get -5 or -1 on enemy rolls. You can spend a Destiny Point to gain 1 extra Lesser Action per turn, to ignore armor penalties in combat, or to roll to improve (or worsen) another character's perception of you by 1 level.

Burn:
When you burn Destiny Points, you are spending 1 or more points for a fluid result. For instance, you can burn as many Destiny Points as desired to change an environmental aspect, such as creating sudden rainstorms. Against another character that has Destiny Points, you can burn them to counter his usage. You can change details of a scene, such as making a lock less effective, and able to be broken open, or making a path through the forest more easily followed. You can heal wounds and ignore injuries, and add bonuses to select skillsets.

Invest:
You can redeem 1 Destiny Point for 100 experience, or one level in an applicable trait. If you do not have a skill, you can invest 5 Destiny Points to gain it at low level.

Note: If the PC would die, DP is used to reroll/increase the roll until survival occurs - if this isn't possible, the PC dies and the Quest ends.

Upon achieving a total of 100 Destiny Points (Or during the course of the Quest), you have the option of converting the Points into a single Token. This can then be used at any stage to instantly crit-success a roll. Any roll.

This is mostly useful for things on the level of 5d100 or something similar.

Every now and then, I'll give you guys a chance to write an Omake. Whether you choose to write it from the POV of the PC, or another character reacting to the PC is up to you. Depending on the quality of the writing and what happens, you might get skill bonuses, Destiny Points, reputation bonuses or the opposite.

Everyone is allowed to post an Omake in the IC when I give the greenlight, but you'll only have a set time to write it. It won't be deemed canon unless I say so, under which circumstance you can put:

This Is Canon - Rho Certified

At the top of it.

In the land of Tamriel there are many different types of people. Adventurers, scholars, commoners, bandits, kings, underlings… and you are one of those people.

Set in the year of the same to the Dragonborn's rise of power in Skyrim, you have come into the world at a tumultuous time. Wars are being waged, families are being torn apart – and all you can do is attempt to make your own fortune out of it all. Will you be a great savior to the people of Tamriel? Or a villain? Or perhaps you'll simply fade into obscurity?

Only time will tell.

Our story begins in the land of Skyrim. What will you do, adventurer?

1. Listen to the Quest Master.
2. Respect everyone else in the Thread. We're all here to have fun.
3. Don't spam your votes over and over again. Once is enough.
4. If I give you a Destiny Point, don't use it to troll everyone and make a stupid decision. I will veto it and take away your Destiny Point.
5. Keep chat in the OOC constructive. So long as you're talking about the Quest, I won't step in, but if you start talking about things irrelevant to the Quest I'll ask a Mod to have a talk with you. Unless you're a Mod, in which case… scold yourself, pls.
6. Have fun!

Q. Rho, why do you keep changing the OP?
A. I'll always have the latest set of choices up on the front page so newcomers can just make votes on what's going on right now, if they want.

Q. How does the rolling system work?
A. I'll be using the in-Forum roller for most things, except for fights as they'll be too fast paced. To give a brief breakdown, almost every action (bar a few select ones) will have me rolling a d100. There will be +'s or -'s depending on the appropriate skill.

Q. What are the rolls?
A. Do note that any rolls which are a double (11, 22, 33 etc.) are an instant critical success.
Critical Failure 0 - 10
Failure 11 - 39
Nothing 40 - 60
Success 61 - 89
Critical Success 90 - 100

Q. How often will you be posting updates?
A. Every 1-2 days. Keep this in mind, as I can't wait just because you have a Destiny Point and could make a really good choice.

Q. Do I have to be here from the start to participate?
A. No! You can vote whenever you please, whoever you are. If you miss a few days, that's no big deal. Just make sure you're at least somewhat up to date and know what you're voting for.

Q. What happens if I use a Destiny Point?
A. All other votes for that round become moot and only your choice matters - so long as I don't veto it.

Q. You said you'd update every day or two, why are you updating on the same day?
A. If I see a majority vote (3 or more) on one choice, I'll immediately enact it. Or, if someone uses a Destiny Point.

Q. You said you'd update every day or two, why has it been ages?
A. If it's a major choice that could change the Quest forever, or has lots of choices, I may leave it for longer depending on what day it's posted. If I post it on a Friday, then I'll get to a response faster than if it was on a Wednesday.

Map of Skyrim. (http://majamaki.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/skyrim-map-by-mottis86-lg.jpg)

Vote here

--
Vote Example

Rhomeo
09-12-2015, 10:51 PM
Our Hero

Name: Sahlos Strunmah

Race: Akavir

Destiny Points: Nada.

Health: 0/8
Injury: Critical

Armour: None.

Looked at the Achievements! Congratulations, you read this. First person to point this line out to me in the Thread gets +1 Destiny Point to their name. Claimed by onxydragon.

Survived a run-in with vampires! You held your own against a trio of vampires. While it may not have been at night, you still fought valiantly and survived.

Survive your first week! Congratulations, you've made it through the first week of Skyrim. What does this mean for your future? Where will you go?

Find Liss' Mother: You promised to find Liss' Mother, and you keep your promises. Rewards: +10 Destiny Points, ????.

Learn how to read ????: The language that you came across… you want to learn how to read it. Rewards: +20 Destiny Points, plus trait.

Save the High King: You don't know how, or why, but you've been tasked with saving the High King from a fate he can't escape otherwise. Rewards: +10 Destiny Points, plus reputation.

Axes: Disappointing (29/50)
General Melee Combat: Mediocre (53/100)
General Ranged Weapons: Mediocre (0/100)
Riding: Horrendous (0/0)
Swords: Elite (0/2500)
Throwing Weapons: Disappointing (23/50)
Unarmed Combat: Average (0/250)
Dagger: Disappointing (3/50)
Katana: Disappointing (0/50)
One-Handed Sword: Mediocre (66/100)
Sword and Dagger: Average (226/250)
Sword and Shield: Horrendous (0/0)
Two-handed Sword: Horrendous (0/0)

Book of Poetry & Songs – Skyrim Edition: A rather educational tome on the art of flowery words. You imagine it will help you in learning how to… 'persuade' others.

0 Septims

None.

Akaviri – Fluent
Argonian Tongue – Fluent
Cyrodilic – Fluent
Dwemer Language – Non-Existent
Dovah – Non-Existent

Culture of Akavir: Mediocre (0/100)
Dwemer Engineering: Impressive (0/500)
Engineering: Disappointing (23/50)
Geology and Rock Formations: Disappointing (0/50)
History of Akavir: Mediocre (0/100)
History of the Hist: Average (0/250)
Lockpicking: Horrendous (0/0)
Magical Theory: Mediocre (87/100)
Medicine: Horrendous (0/0)
Persuasion: Elite (0/2500)
Politics: Mediocre (0/100)
Sailing: Disappointing (33/50)
Stealth: Disappointing (0/50)
Automatons: Horrible (0/0)
Circuitry: Mediocre (0/100)
Design: Horrendous (0/0)
Luck: Mediocre (0/100)
Programming: Horrendous (0/0)
Swimming: Impressive (78/500)

None.
None.
Aleri Gansley (Acquaintance, +5 to social rolls)

Dandre Gansley (Acquaintance, +5 to social rolls)

Do'zahr (Ambivalent): Good enough.

Ennav Endimius (Ally, +30 to social rolls): Command (Legendary), Economics & Financial Management (Impressive), Geography & Navigation (Impressive), History (Impressive), Painting (Impressive), Persuasion (Elite), Warcraft (Average)

Eric (Owed Debt, +50 to social rolls until the debt is repaid): You saved this man's life, he'll likely never forget it. Stealth (Elite), Lockpicking (Impressive), Archery (Impressive)

Erissa (Lover, Love, +50 to social rolls): She fell in love with you rather quickly, but… for some reason, you don't doubt her affections. Dwemer Engineering (Legendary), Dwemer History (Impressive), Magical Theory (Elite).

Shabael (Confidant, +20 to social rolls): Shabael has opened up to you in his own way – this is the start of something important. Intrigue (Elite), History (Elite), History of Vvardenfell (Elite), Persuasion (Elite), Politics (Legendary), Stealth (Impressive), Sword and Dagger (Impressive), Dagger (Impressive)

Yazgar (Ambivalent)
Elia the Pirate Captain (Ambivalent) (?): She doesn't know who you are!

Lifts-Her-Tail (Ambivalent) (?): She doesn't know who you are!

Liss (Close Friend, +20 to social rolls, ?): Luck (Impressive), Vampire Knowledge (Average)
Free Folk (Known, +5 to social rolls with all Free Folk): You aren't an actual member quite yet, but people are whispering about your deeds.
None.
None.
Torygg (Ambivalent) (?): He doesn't know who you are!
None.
None.
None.

Made a breakthrough discovery! You did something that will change the world forever, for good or for worse. People will praise or blame you for it, depending on how it's used.

Addicted to the Hist (Must roll a resistance check whenever you're offered Hist Sap): Your need for Hist Sap has gone beyond normal expectations, you need more.

Akavir (+10 to all honourable rolls, +5 to social rolls with all races, +1 to combat rolls): You're mired in an ancient culture, the right kind of exotic and naturally powerful; you are an Akavir.

Born under The Lady (+10 to all social rolls so long as the other person is willing to talk, +10 to saving rolls): Those born under The Lady are kind and tolerant.

Content with your Relationship (+5 to all rolls): So long as you and your significant other – Erissa – remain happy with each other, you'll keep this Trait.

Duellist (1/10)

Erissa's Research Assistant (+10 to social rolls with Erissa, +20 to learning rolls involving magic and Dwemer technology, free training for random skills every turn): Working with Erissa is more than most people could ever ask for. She's a good teacher and willing to wait for you, even at the cost of her own projects.

Good (+20 to all rolls that are considered 'good', -20 to all rolls that are considered 'evil', +20 to others with a similar alignment, -20 to others with the Evil alignment): You've done enough good things to be considered a good person. The average person looks up to you, but some people in the woodwork despise you.

Good Swimmer (+10 to rolls while in water): You're still quite the swimmer, even after your... change.

Hist of Skyrim (Immune to all cold and freezing magic, +15 to all rolls while cold): The Hist Trees of Skyrim are... different, from the others.

Inventor (+30 to engineering rolls, so long as it involves creating something 'new'): You've had a lot of practice making things that others have never even dreamed of. It's left you… rather good at what you do.

Lasting Injury (-5 to all rolls for 3 turns)

Literati (2/10)

Lust Mountain (+10 to social rolls, assuming the other person is capable of having a romantic interest in you): Your name is... interesting.

Naturally Intelligent (+20 to all learning/training rolls, -20 to all martial rolls): A lover of books and learning, but ask you to swing a sword…

Researched your heritage (+10 to next research attempt)

Resistant to Magical Persuasion (+10 to all mental checks): You resisted a vampire's seduction, which is something not many can say. The experience has left you resilient, so long as you know what to watch out for.

Strange Feeling (Random chance to become exhausted, nullifying an action): Every now and then, you find yourself collapsing on the spot. No one knows what's wrong with you…

? (?): ?, ?. ?.

? (Can choose to dream, increasing ?): Do you dream, child?

Aleri Gansley

- Skills -
Cunning: Impressive
Medicine: Average
Persuasion: Impressive

Cyrodilic (Fluent)

Archery: Elite
- Longbow: Impressive
- Shortbow: Impressive
General Melee Combat: Average
General Ranged Combat: Impressive
Swords: Average
- Dagger: Average

- Traits -
Brusque (-10 to all social rolls when angered): Getting talked down from punching that man that just insulted them isn't something this person is very good with.

???

???

Ambitions: ???

Dandre Gansley

- Skills -
Animal Handling: Elite
Animal Taming: Impressive

Cyrodilic (Fluent)

- Traits -
Shy (-10 to social rolls with people he's not familiar with, +10 to social rolls with those he's familiar with): This person takes a while to warm up to you, but when they do they're a steadfast friend.

???

???

Do'zahr

- Skills -
Cunning: Average
Discipline: Elite
Medicine: Average
Warcraft: Impressive

Cyrodilic (Broken)
Khajiit (Fluent)

General Melee Combat: Elite
Swords: Elite
- One-Handed Sword: Impressive
- Two-Handed Sword: Impressive
- Two One-Handed Sword: Impressive
Warhammer: Legendary

- Traits -
Stoic (+50 to Discipline rolls, -30 to all social rolls): Emotions are not something this person expresses often.

Man of Few Words (+20 to reaction rolls, +10 to observation rolls, -50 to all social rolls): Silent, but forever watching you.

???

???

Ennav Endimius

- Skills -
Command: Legendary
Economics & Financial Management: Impressive
Geography & Navigation: Impressive
History: Impressive
Painting: Impressive
- Landscape Painting: Average
- Portrait Painting: Average
Persuasion: Elite
Warcraft: Average

Cyrodilic (Fluent)

- Traits -
Elected Commander (+10 to all social rolls with those under his command): This man was asked to lead by his men and he rose to the call.

???

???

???

Erissa

- Skills -
Dwemer Engineering: Legendary
Dwemer History: Impressive
Engineering: Average
Magical Theory: Elite
- Alteration: Impressive
- Anima Magic: Impressive
- Mysticism: Average

Cyrodilic (Fluent)
Dwemer (Fluent)

- Traits -
Empathetic (+25 to social rolls with people going through depression/wounded): This person is kind to those who need it most.

???

???

???

Shabael

- Skills -
Intrigue: Elite
History: Elite
History of Vvardenfell: Impressive
Persuasion: Elite
Politics: Legendary
Stealth: Impressive

Argonian (Fluent)
Cyrodilic (Fluent)
Dunmer (Fluent)
Dwemer (Broken)
Khajiiti (Fluent)
Orcish (Fluent)

Swords: Impressive
- Sword and Dagger: Impressive
- Dagger: Impressive
- One-Handed Sword: Average

- Traits -
Kind (False) (+5 to all social rolls): This person is outwardly kind to everyone they meet, but secretly harbour a distrust of everyone they talk to.

???

???

Yazgar

- Skills -
Engineering: Elite
Seduction: Average
Smithing: Elite
- Steel Smithing: Impressive
- Orcish Smithing: Elite

Cyrodilic (Fluent)
Orcish (Fluent)

- Traits -
Eccentric (+ or – 10 to all social rolls, depending on coin flip): This person is known to vary between moods quickly, best to hope to catch them in a good one.

???

Kicks
09-13-2015, 02:34 AM
this is so cool

http://i.imgur.com/8OU9uBS.pngLooks like you got a mighty fine RP going on here! May I suggest some resources down below to help spread the word about your piece of beauty?

The RP of the week (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59571<br />), as I am sure you are aware, is a resource for players to see what kind of RPs are spotlighted for the week! These RPs are featured on the homepage of RPA! Just send in a request to your friendly staff member, including a banner which you can get help with over at the banner shop. (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18912)

RPG Directory (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40645) is another great way to draw in more players! Head on over if you're looking to interest more players!

Last but not least, you can ask any of the staff to feature your game in their signature!

Liono
09-13-2015, 02:48 AM
I would love to do this, but I never played Skyrim. ;goo;

Rhomeo
09-13-2015, 02:55 AM
I would love to do this, but I never played Skyrim. ;goo;

That's the great thing about Quests - you really don't have to know the Lore to participate.

What spurred me to do this was the fact that I started a Game of Thrones Quest with a close friend. The only knowledge I had of that verse was the Red Wedding. We're past the first year already and I've picked it all up along the way.

By all means, I'd love to have you participate. It's not like I plan on having the main story of Skyrim go the way it's supposed to.

.Karma.
09-13-2015, 03:22 AM
NOOOOOOOO not Onyx ;) <3 I plan on joining in too

Liono
09-13-2015, 03:23 AM
Well, I guess I'll try. I'ma just flail around and pick ones that might not go together, but whatever.

Also, Looked at the Achievements! Congratulations, you read this. First person to point this line out to me in the Thread gets +1 Destiny Point to their name.

[x] Name. Seraphina Fel.
[x] Female
[x] 18 (i'm assuming this is age)

[x] You are a Dunmer from Morrowind, an ashen survivor of the explosion of Red Mountain and are called 'Dark Elf' for your feat. Jack of all trades, the Dark Elves are skilled with most forms of combat and can even call upon their ancestors to help them in battle. Almost all races are distrustful of you.

[x] You were born under The Serpent.

[] You are a mage's apprentice. Sorcery has been a thing you wanted to practice since you were but a child. An old man took you in years ago, but he's changed since then...

[x] You begin your Quest at Morthal.

[x] You would consider yourself a neutral person.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--gnSWo1nI--/japbcvpavbzau9dbuaxf.jpg

Rhomeo
09-13-2015, 03:31 AM
/snip

Yep, all looks in order for the most part, although putting in a nickname is a bit redundant. ;)

Also grats on getting the first personal Destiny Point.

Liono
09-13-2015, 03:50 AM
Whaaatt areee yyoouuu talllkinnnggg abooouuuttt?

Gooo cheeecckkk iitttt aggaiinnn.

F.O.E
09-13-2015, 02:30 PM
I summon Astral Rain.

[x] Swims-in-Deep

[x] Male

[x] 18

[x] You are an Argonian from Black Marsh, child of the Hist. Poisons & diseases will nary afflict you, you can breathe underwater and wounds melt away when you call upon the power of the Hist. Most human races don't look kindly on you.

[x] You do not believe in birthsigns. Rather, you believe in Sithis.

[x] You are a sellsword. You've been fighting ever since you could walk and making enough to move from town to town just so you can survive and keep sane. Your skill with a sword isn't lacking, but your common sense might be… (I'd like to opt him in as a Spellsword Sellsword.)

[x] You begin your Quest at Castle Volkihar. (If not, put him in the Companions' Circle or Windhelm Docks as a renegade Shadowscale.)

[x] You would consider yourself a (chaotic) neutral person.

.Karma.
09-13-2015, 02:41 PM
[x] Name. Dandre
[x] Male/Female: Male

[x] You are: 19

--

[x] You are a Bosmer from Valenwood, or 'Wood Elf' as the other races have taken to calling you. Archery is something you've picked up from merely being a child of the forest, and creatures come when you call. Non-Elvish races don't think much of you.

--

[x] You were born under The Lover.

--

[x] You are a sellsword. You've been fighting ever since you could walk and making enough to move from town to town just so you can survive and keep sane. Your skill with a sword isn't lacking, but your common sense might be…

--

[x] You begin your Quest at Solitude.

--

[x] You would consider yourself an evil person.

LardDude
09-13-2015, 04:08 PM
Okay, so this is my first online RP. Hope this is what you're after.

Name: Urug'Bul Duruvark.

Female

You are: 18

--

You are an Orsimer of Orsinium, or simply an Orc to those ignorant of your ways. Your strength and brutish nature are unparalleled, enough so that if you are angered enough you'll crush your enemies in a berserker rage. Only other Orcs will keep your company.

--

You do not believe in birthsigns. Rather, you believe in Malacath, Patron of the Ostracised.

--

You are a sellsword. You've been fighting ever since you could walk and making enough to move from town to town just so you can survive and keep sane. Your skill with a sword isn't lacking, but your common sense might be…

--

You begin your Quest somewhere else. You begin at the Orcish Stronghold, Dushnikh Yal, south-east of Markarth.

--

You would consider yourself a (chaotic) neutral person.

Rhomeo
09-13-2015, 04:14 PM
I'm really tempted to give you a Destiny Point because this is your first post on the Forum, but...

That might be favouritism. Even so, glad to have you on board!

Only thing that's different is you're missing the boxes, but putting it in a spoiler makes it different anyway.

Liono
09-13-2015, 04:36 PM
Ooh, brand new chars! all of which are sellswords

Adoravke
09-13-2015, 04:40 PM
[x] Oleemeet

[x] Male

[x] 18

[x] You are an Argonian from Black Marsh, child of the Hist. Poisons & diseases will nary afflict you, you can breathe underwater and wounds melt away when you call upon the power of the Hist. Most human races don't look kindly on you.

[x] You are a commoner. Most people don't know your name and will never bother to. Spending your entire life underfoot has let you pick up some important life skills, however…

[x] You begin your Quest at Solitude. (The Docks to be specific)

[x] Chaotic Neutral.

(Here's hoping to me not fucking this up)

Rhomeo
09-13-2015, 04:41 PM
Another first-post-forumer, eh?

Argonian hype.

.Karma.
09-13-2015, 11:00 PM
Awww give the poor first posters a Destiny Point!

Rhomeo
09-14-2015, 02:08 AM
Awww give the poor first posters a Destiny Point!

I'll give them 1 that they can use together.

Let them bond.

Rhomeo
09-14-2015, 10:11 PM
I've just updated the OP with some more relevant information.

I will be counting up the votes and making the very first IC post in 3 days.

From then on, I will be posting once every 1-2 days, hopefully.

Making votes isn't hard, so I hope that you regulars will be able to get votes in every time.

EDIT: Well, that's a lot of lurkers.

http://i.imgur.com/3lcZHua.png

sacred dragon
09-15-2015, 01:49 AM
Name: Rurane

Race:Breton

Male:

You are: 17/18/19

first time doing this please let me know if i'm doing something wrong

Rhomeo
09-15-2015, 01:50 AM
Name: Rurane

Race:Breton

Male:

You are: 17/18/19

first time doing this please let me know if i'm doing something wrong

Quests are pretty different from RP's, I'll admit. Your best bet is to follow the format I gave in my example, as follows:

[x] Jon Corwyn

[x] Male

[x] 18

[x] You are an Imperial hailing from Cyrodiil, home of the White-Gold Tower. Sharp with your tongue and even sharper with your mind, you notice things others don't and can even talk others out of combat. Elvish races and the Nords are suspicious of you.

[x] You were born under The Warrior.

[x] You are an adventurer. Ah, everyone wants to see the world. You more than most. You always seem to find just enough gold to make it over to the next city from your dungeoning. Perhaps your luck will change over the coming years?

[x] You begin your Quest at Riverwood.

[x] You would consider yourself a good person.

Rhomeo
09-15-2015, 01:50 AM
RPA and its double posting mechanic...

sacred dragon
09-15-2015, 02:13 AM
ok i'm starting to get it but what would be realistic for my char

Rhomeo
09-15-2015, 02:27 AM
ok i'm starting to get it but what would be realistic for my char

It's not actually your character so much as the character.

Did you read through all of the OP? This is a Quest, not a Roleplay. I'll be doing the majority of (If not pretty much all) of the writing, while everyone else helps by choosing what exactly we do.

John
09-17-2015, 04:50 AM
I'll leave this here in case you have room for another.

[x] Name. M'aiq

[x] Male

[x] 18

[x] You are a Khajiit from Elsweyr, a proud feline of the harsh sands. Hidden claws make unarmed combat dangerous for your opponents, your keen eyes allow you to see in the dark and your lithe form makes you extremely agile. Only other bestial races enjoy your company.

[x] You do not believe in birthsigns. Rather, you believe in… the Night Mother.

[x] You are something that I can't foresee... a member of the family that is the Dark Brotherhood.

[x] You begin your Quest at Falkreath. Well, just a bit outside of it actually.

[x] You would consider yourself an evil person.

Rhomeo
09-17-2015, 09:29 AM
/snip

Always room for more.

Especially you, Naz. :D

Rhomeo
09-17-2015, 10:32 PM
I just took all the most popular rolls and random'd the name from the race pool (Of which there were two). Because of all the other interesting characters I'll be having them show up as custom-mades here and there. One might even be an... important person.

[x] Swims-in-Deep
[x] Male
[x] 18

--

Trait gained!
Argonian (-10 to all social rolls with races that aren't bestial, recover from wounds twice as fast, immune to crippling wounds, poisons and diseases, can breathe underwater.): Argonians aren't a particularly loved or well-understood race, especially with their strange natural skills. Being able to breathe underwater is something no other race can do and you find yourself swimming through lakes and rivers for fun.

--

Trait gained!
Born Under The Serpent (-25% hitpoints, +10 to exploration actions, ???): Those born under The Serpent are both the most blessed and the most cursed.

--

[x] You are a sellsword. You've been fighting ever since you could walk and making enough to move from town to town just so you can survive and keep sane. Your skill with a sword isn't lacking, but your common sense might be…

Trait gained!
Sellsword (+10 to martial actions, +5 to martial learning rolls, -20 to non-martial learning rolls, -5 to non-martial actions, -10 to all social rolls assuming they know you're a sellsword.): You are a sword for hire, nothing more. You've never thought of being much more, either. You don't think much at all.

Ambition gained!
Become an adventurer: People don't look kindly on sellswords, really. Maybe it's time you started making money on your own? Rewards: Loss of Sellsword trait, +5 Destiny Points, plus Adventurer trait.

--

[x] You would consider yourself a Neutral person.

Trait gained!
Neutral (+5 to all rolls.): You don't swing one way or the other, but one day you will have to...

Ambition gained!
Become Evil: Thinking only about oneself will eventually lead to evil acts, right? Rewards: Loss of Neutral trait, +5 Destiny Points, plus Evil trait.

Ambition gained!
Become Good: You've helped people before, why not now? Rewards: Loss of Neutral trait, +5 Destiny Points, plus Good trait.

Liono
09-18-2015, 12:03 AM
Let's get this started! :maxexcited:

Maybe some sellsword business to get this adventure going.

[x] Try and find someone with some work for a sellsword. The steward usually does stuff like that, right?

.Karma.
09-18-2015, 12:22 AM
[x] Go and buy yourself some better gear.

m139
09-18-2015, 12:32 AM
[x] Other: you give in to your previous desire and take off your boots.

See, there was a rock in there!

...hopefully someone else's wins...

LardDude
09-18-2015, 12:38 AM
Let's get this show on the road!

[x] Try and find someone with some work for a sellsword. The steward usually does stuff like that, right?

John
09-18-2015, 03:39 AM
Always room for more.

Especially you, Naz. :D

*sniff* I feel so loved right now.

Adoravke
09-18-2015, 05:42 AM

Rhomeo
09-18-2015, 06:21 AM
Because we got a majority vote, I went ahead and posted next part.

New round of voting!

Adoravke
09-18-2015, 06:26 AM
[x] Realise you didn't buy anything and head back to the blacksmith about gear.

Also look at the rock and check if there's anything suspicious about it. I don't like how it got there.

Rhomeo
09-18-2015, 06:27 AM

Also look at the rock and check if there's anything suspicious about it. I don't like how it got there.

You reminded me that I forgot to do something. Check the Items list in 2 minutes.

F.O.E
09-18-2015, 08:18 AM
[x] Carefully. Take your time and keep your eyes open. A day out in the wildnerness is nothing to you if you get kept out of the city.

A rock. A daedric shrine. And it's placed between Solitude and Dragon's Bridge. Clever!

F.O.E
09-18-2015, 08:18 AM
Free double post.

Courtesy of RPA Coding: "Internet in to the future.".

StormyNyte
09-18-2015, 04:22 PM
Is this still open? I'd like to join if it is

StormyNyte
09-18-2015, 04:39 PM
[] Carefully. Take your time and keep your eyes open. A day out in the wildnerness is nothing to you if you get kept out of the city.

Liono
09-18-2015, 10:33 PM

Thinking about it now, this is probably a good idea.

Rhomeo
09-18-2015, 11:30 PM
Is this still open? I'd like to join if it is

It's always open to new players. :)

EDIT: I take it back, somebody posted their vote in the IC. XD

Next part incoming soon.

.Karma.
09-18-2015, 11:54 PM
That would be me XD Note to self: Don't post in a hurry.

Liono
09-18-2015, 11:57 PM
XD That would be a good lesson to learn.

though i'll probably do it once or twice

Rhomeo
09-19-2015, 12:09 AM
Alright, next part is rather short but we're only shopping after all.

This section is a little different - you can use as many points as you like, so long as it comes to under 535 Septims. I'll throw a vote example underneath the OP. :)

.Karma.
09-19-2015, 12:17 AM
Money to spend: 535 Septims
[x] Ask him to refit your leather cuirass. (150 septims)
[x] Purchase a new iron longsword (200 septims)

LardDude
09-19-2015, 12:25 AM
Literally what I was about to post.

Money to spend: 535 Septims

If he does a good job of the refit, we could give him a tip of 10 septims. If he refuses the extra gold, just thank him.

Liono
09-19-2015, 12:27 AM
\
\Money to spend: 535 septims

John
09-19-2015, 03:20 AM
Money to spend: 535 septims
[x] Ask him to do repairs on your iron longsword (50 septims)

Rhomeo
09-19-2015, 09:48 PM

[roll0]

And this one's just to test if I can.
[roll1]

Sorry about lateness here, I'm pretty sick so I'm sort of floating between days.

Liono
09-19-2015, 10:12 PM
[x] Carefully. Take your time and keep your eyes open. A day out in the wilderness is nothing to you if you get kept out of the city.

Rhomeo
09-19-2015, 10:13 PM
/snip

You know, of all the people to post first you weren't who I was expecting, yet I am pleasantly surprised.

Onyx have my babies.

Liono
09-19-2015, 10:16 PM
You know, of all the people to post first you weren't who I was expecting, yet I am pleasantly surprised.
Lot's of people read fast.

Onyx have my babies.

K.

10/10 best imaginary babies

Adoravke
09-19-2015, 10:21 PM
[x] Mixture of both.

Who knows what could be on the roads or even waiting for you.

LardDude
09-19-2015, 11:12 PM
[x] Quickly. They probably aren't all that dangerous and what are the odds they have people watching for you?

Who needs to be careful when we can swing a sword?

LardDude
09-19-2015, 11:12 PM
I mean, we are a sellsword with a mighty fine looking weapon. Why not just charge ahead, right?

.Karma.
09-20-2015, 02:29 AM
[x] Quickly. They probably aren't all that dangerous and what are the odds they have people watching for you?

F.O.E
09-20-2015, 08:57 AM
[x] Mixture of both.

By far the most optimal choice.

John
09-20-2015, 08:28 PM
[x] A mixture of both

Rhomeo
09-21-2015, 01:52 AM
[x] A mixture of both.

Global [roll0]

Rhomeo
09-21-2015, 02:15 AM
Alrighty, so, as you guys may notice, we're in a dire situation here.

To put it simply, we fucked up.

But never fear, because while a normal man would die here - we are no normal man! We have the ability to shape our own destiny!

Consider this your Destiny Point tutorial.

Sometimes, we'll end up in situations that are unfavourable. So... we have to create a situation that works to our advantage. We do this using Destiny Points. Check the OP for the actual way to signify that you're using a Destiny Point.

I will add, however, that due to how Destiny Points work the first person to put out a Destiny Point vote has theirs enacted, so long as I don't veto it.

So my advice is to discuss how you want to get out of this situation together. You're all the hero, don't forget.

Good luck!

P.S: If I see someone put out a Destiny Vote without any discussion, no matter how good it is, I'll veto it off the bat. This is a situation where you guys should be working together, so I want to see that.

Liono
09-21-2015, 02:22 AM
Throw a rock at him?

Throw your shoe at him?

Magically get holy water from the gods of Deus-Ex-Machina?

Kick up some dirt?

Activate Butterfly Effect?

Baseball bat?

Just some suggestions.

Rhomeo
09-21-2015, 02:24 AM
Throw the rock at him?

Throw your shoe at him?

Magically get holy water from the gods of Deus-Ex-Machina?

Kick up some dirt?

Activate Butterfly Effect?

Baseball bat?

Just some suggestions.

Fix'd

m139
09-21-2015, 03:27 AM
definitely throw the rock. Always use the rock. The rock must always be an important part of the story, no matter how illogical. It is the rock.

Adoravke
09-21-2015, 04:22 AM
[x] Wait for him to get close then throw pocket sand in his eyes!

Rhomeo
09-21-2015, 04:23 AM
[x] Wait for him to get close then throw pocket sand in his eyes!

Vetoed, no pocket sand available.

Also you didn't put in [DP].

Adoravke
09-21-2015, 04:24 AM
[DP] Wait for him to get close then throw pocket sand in his eyes!

Rhomeo
09-21-2015, 04:24 AM
[DP] Wait for him to get close then throw pocket sand in his eyes!

Still vetoed. :|

LardDude
09-21-2015, 08:15 AM
I'm not sure about you guys, but I don't think we're strong enough to throw Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

How about we resist the vampires charm but act as though we're still under the effects of it, then when he gets close enough we pull out the dagger and try and slash his throat?
He'd definitely not notice, seeing as though he just woke up he's probably feeling pretty groggy.

F.O.E
09-21-2015, 09:12 AM
The throat slash wouldn't really do much if anything and legitimately there's only 2 options that can get us out of this alive and with some pocket money 100%.

A: We use a DP to somehow summon a Dawnguard patrol unit and let them take care of the vampires. Maybe they'll even share some of their equipment if we can persuade them into it.

B: Rush towards the statue of the shrine and insert the rock at the bottom of the statue. And then some flashy stuff happens.

I prefer option A for reasons.

Rhomeo
09-21-2015, 09:55 AM
The throat slash wouldn't really do much if anything and legitimately there's only 2 options that can get us out of this alive and with some pocket money 100%.

A: We use a DP to somehow summon a Dawnguard patrol unit and let them take care of the vampires. Maybe they'll even share some of their equipment if we can persuade them into it.

B: Rush towards the statue of the shrine and insert the rock at the bottom of the statue. And then some flashy stuff happens.

I prefer option A for reasons.

For the first one, the Dawnguard don't exist yet. We're too far back in the timeline.

As for the second one... well. It is just a rock. If it was Meridia's Beacon, she would have talked to us.

LardDude
09-21-2015, 12:00 PM
The throat slash wouldn't really do much if anything...

Why not? The vampire's at least in stage two of vamprism, and he chose to charm us rather than just kill us straight away. That gives me the impression that he's either too weak to fight us right now, or he isn't actually planning on killing us. I dunno about you, but I'd be much more willing to go with the former rather than the latter.

For the first one, the Dawnguard don't exist yet. We're too far back in the timeline.

How about we summon a group of vampire hunters instead? There's a small faction in the Imperial City that pays pretty well for proof that you defeated a vampire in battle, so they could be hunting for the moolah, as unlikely as that sounds.
A better idea would be that an alchemist was in need of some vampire dust and is paying anyone who can bring them some, some adventurers took them up on that offer and they just so happened to be coming this way.

.Karma.
09-21-2015, 12:37 PM
[DP] Use the dagger gifted to you. It has magical qualities to help in this type of situation.

Could another option be to add the stone to the sword and it have magical capabilities? I don't know a ton about Skyrim or the weaponry. Three tents, maybe three vampires? So just some added magical help and you could take them out no problem?

F.O.E
09-21-2015, 01:01 PM

As for the second one... well. It is just a rock. If it was Meridia's Beacon, she would have talked to us.

How are we too far back? This is a year before the dragonborn arrives correct? The Dawnguard have existed for centuries, it's said so by the Dawnguard themselves.

Even if it is Meridia's beacon she would only talk to her champion which is the Dragonborn, but if you say it's not it's clearly not so that plan's a no-go.

Vampire's Seduction IIRC is stage 3 and is usually used for enthralling but he could just drain us dry, you never know.
A small slash on the throat won't do anything to a vampire outside of fledgling status and even then it won't kill.

Unless of course as Karma suggests it's a special dagger, for instance, made of silver with a fire enchantment or something to help fend off the undead.

I like your 2nd idea though. Vigilants of Stendarr perhaps?

Rhomeo
09-21-2015, 01:20 PM
[DP] Use the dagger gifted to you. It has magical qualities to help in this type of situation.

I'm going to have to veto that DP vote there, on two reasons:

1 - People are still discussing what's going on and this is a DP only choice, so I don't think it's quite fair to give it to someone yet.
2 - Enchanting can only be done by those who are skilled in it, with the necessary tools. To think a kid of a blacksmith did it is ludicrous. Not impossible, but that would twist canon far too much for my own liking.

Could another option be to add the stone to the sword and it have magical capabilities? I don't know a ton about Skyrim or the weaponry. Three tents, maybe three vampires? So just some added magical help and you could take them out no problem?

It is just a stone, not a soul gem, so no enchanting it, I'm afraid.

How are we too far back? This is a year before the dragonborn arrives correct? The Dawnguard have existed for centuries, it's said so by the Dawnguard themselves.

Even if it is Meridia's beacon she would only talk to her champion which is the Dragonborn, but if you say it's not it's clearly not so that plan's a no-go.

Vampire's Seduction IIRC is stage 3 and is usually used for enthralling but he could just drain us dry, you never know.
A small slash on the throat won't do anything to a vampire outside of fledgling status and even then it won't kill.

Unless of course as Karma suggests it's a special dagger, for instance, made of silver with a fire enchantment or something to help fend off the undead.

In order:

The Dawnguard do exist, but they don't have a strong presence in Skyrim at this stage. Nor will they ever. Not in this version of canon. Also, we're exactly 3 months before the Dragonborn comes to Skyrim - and about 2 months before the assassination of the High King.

The stone is something else. It started out as a joke, but it has important uses... later.

I'm not using in-game vampires to decide how they operate, but rather in-lore vampires.

All damage is in the air, for the record. This is a more realistic approach, not a Skyrim approach. If you strike at someone's neck, even if they're 50 levels higher than you, they'll still die. You don't get an increasing health bar just for surviving longer, I'm afraid. That 7/7 will be pretty permanent for a while.

I can't think of a way to bend the dagger being special, it just doesn't make in-lore sense.

You guys are really overthinking this, imo. Adoravke, while he had a silly idea, was far more on the right track. These are just three vampires, in the middle of the afternoon and they tried to 'persuade' our Hero. Do you really think they're in a fighting state?

That's all I'm giving you. Next DP vote will go through unless it's really, really over the top. Make sure everyone that's participating thus far at least somewhat agrees with your decision too, if you can.

LardDude
09-21-2015, 01:26 PM

They're the ones I was thinking of!! I couldn't remember what they were called to save my own life, but that's the sorta thing I had in mind.

Nope, it's stage two. And he could, yeah, which is why it'd be better to react than just let this happen.
By slash I meant as in to slash it open, like if Swims-in-Deep aimed to slash his jugular, which I imagine would be done with some ease considering he expects us to be currently charmed and wouldn't be expecting aggression from us.

Could another option be to add the stone to the sword and it have magical capabilities?

Usually a weapon can be enchanted permanently with the use of either a soul gem or temporarily with the use of magic. I guess it could be possible that the stone is actually a soul gem, but just pushing the stone at the blade isn't quite how it works. I'd be willing to bet that our hero had actually seen a soul gem before as well, so I doubt the rock actually is one. And to think that a blacksmith's son had enchanted the dagger as well is just a bit daft.

In the item list it states that it's a sharp iron dagger.

LardDude
09-21-2015, 01:39 PM
[DP] Acting as though you're still under the effects of the charm, and when you're close enough to the vampire, go for his throat with the sharp iron dagger in an attempt to kill him.

Rhomeo
09-21-2015, 01:47 PM
[DP] Acting as though you're still under the effects of the charm, and when you're close enough to the vampire, go for his throat with the sharp iron dagger in an attempt to kill him.

Hmm...

I'll take it. Mostly because I think you're the only one that really realises how easy this is going to be.

[roll0] Initial Attack Success Chance (+50 from DP) (+10 from traits) (-10 from skills)
[roll1] Enemy Attack
[roll2] Hero Defend
[roll3] Hero Attack
[roll4] Enemy Defend
[roll5] Enemy Attack
[roll6] Hero Defend
[roll7] Hero Attack
[roll8] Enemy Defend

[roll9] Secret Event (+50 from DP)

Whole point of that is to give you guys an idea of how much rolling I do behind the scenes. Of course, the majority of those rolls (The attack and defend ones) aren't the ones I actually used, mostly because I have to do them case-by-case.

Veloci
09-21-2015, 02:19 PM
NVM, there was another page.

Woops.

I'm stupid >.>

Rhomeo
09-21-2015, 02:22 PM
NVM, there was another page.

Woops.

I'm stupid >.>

As someone who has 40 posts a page, we're still on Page 2. ;)

F.O.E
09-21-2015, 03:00 PM
I'm going by lore myself when I say that outside of a fledgling, a slash to even a spot as vital as the jugular vein won't kill a vampire. They're literally undead, you're just going to put them to sleep.

There's stories of vampires being able to pull out as much as a greatsword from their chest with little to no effort. Which is why they were fought specifically with fire and silver to cripple their regenerative abilities as much as possible.

Going by the fact that they're stage two and the approach used, the idea to get in close and strike a lethal blow seems logical but I don't know if a slash to the throat would be enough even for a stage 2 since regular vampires have to be decapitated to be killed AFAIK.

So these would have to be pretty fresh vampires which now that I think about it, if they're camping out, they more than likely are.

So I second the choice made.

LardDude
09-21-2015, 04:31 PM
So I second the choice made.

Schweet.

New votes are here, lads.

[x] Sword and Dagger

Mainly because that's what we have right now, and seeing as though we couldn't pick an advanced skill that was rock related, I reckon that's the best we can do.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The vampire ashes tend to be worth an okay amount, and it's the safest option for us to choose. But there might be something on them or in their tents. And just because of that I think I'd prefer to search their tents rather than to loot their bodies or to just take the dust and go, but I'd be interested in reading what you guys think before I make a decision on that. What's fun without a little bit of risk anyways? ;)
Also, any clue on how much we'd be able to get for the dust, Rhomeo?

I definitely wanna pick this for one of the options though.

[x] Check out the Shrine in more detail. Why were the vampires here?

.Karma.
09-21-2015, 05:52 PM
And to think that a blacksmith's son had enchanted the dagger as well is just a bit daft.

That's not very nice, when I was just trying to give ideas.

I'll go with the sword and dagger. Whatever. And try to to say anything else 'daft'.

F.O.E
09-21-2015, 05:59 PM
[x] Sword and Shield
IMO this is the best option all things considered. The dual wield option is nice and all but unless we can get lifesteal enchants it doesn't seem worth it to me. The one handed is good if our hero was a spell sword but sadly no. The shield provides way too much utility for me to pass up.

Of course your point that that's the only thing we've in possession is solid, but it's not gonna be forever, I'M HOPING, lol.

The ashes are no good as coin to someone with no proper mercantile skills and our hero isn't an alchemist, so I personally rule that off.

Tents are more often than not littered with garbage so it's doubtful you'll find much outside a few health potions and maybe a book.

The bodies seem to be my top choice especially since we can either sell their equipment or repair it and use it for ourselves. Plus their pockets would probably have a few coins in them.

Definetely check the shrine too, I want to see if we can unearth something about the stone, the vampires are unimportant, probably some bandits that recently contracted the disease.

[x] Loot the vampire's bodies while they're still whole. Might be some things worth pawning.

Thelonewanderer
09-21-2015, 08:19 PM
Having now caught up, I like this. First time I've seen a quest here, but I'm not entirely unfamiliar with the set up.

[x] Sword and Shield
(gonna need something to keep up from getting cut in half. A shield does the job well enough)

[x] Loot the vampire's bodies while they're still whole. Might be some things worth pawning.

( Shrine is bound to have at least a few coins, and same for the vamps. If we're lucky, we might get a few potions off them)

m139
09-21-2015, 09:23 PM
[x] Sword and Dagger
since, as some one mentioned, there is a lack of stone skills.

[x] Loot the vampires' tents. Could be something of value in there.
[x] Loot the vampires' bodies while they're still whole. Might be some things worth pawning.
because, grammer... (and obviously not spelling)

Liono
09-21-2015, 11:28 PM
I missed the discussion about the DP. Oh, well.

At least we still have the stone and all. Time for a Pet Rock and name it Ashley.

[x] Sword and Shield

LardDude
09-22-2015, 12:35 AM
That's not very nice, when I was just trying to give ideas.

The kid would've needed to have had a decent amount of knowledge about enchanting, and they'd need a lot of equipment you wouldn't expect a blacksmith to have. Sorry, Karma; it was rather blunt of me, but it's just a dagger made by a blacksmith's child.

At least we still have the stone and all. Time for a Pet Rock and name it Ashley.

I'm all up for that.

[x] Name the rock Ashley.
[x] Sword and Dagger
[x] Loot the vampires' tents. Could be something of value in there.

Rhomeo
09-22-2015, 12:39 AM
Sword and Dagger/Shield are tied. So next roll decides. 1 for dagger, 2 for shield.
[roll0]

[roll1] (+10 from Traits) - This was, surprisingly, a success. Ceiling was only 25.

[roll2] - This was pretty much a failure.

Liono
09-22-2015, 01:03 AM
[] Cut their throats while they slumber, it's a mercy. 1

OR

[] Find a torch and burn them alive. 2

This roll will decide which one I'll choose.

[roll0]

[x] Cut their throats while they slumber, it's a mercy.

Rhomeo
09-22-2015, 01:04 AM
/snip

Ayyy, that's the way to do it, true man.

LardDude
09-22-2015, 02:11 AM
Ayyy, that's the way to do it, true man.

Clearly a true man would do it for all four choices.

(1d4)[2]
Oh boy...

[x] Try and wake one up to talk to them?

.Karma.
09-22-2015, 03:05 AM

F.O.E
09-22-2015, 06:55 AM
[x] Try and wake one up to talk to them?

Prepare for the worst.

Adoravke
09-22-2015, 01:44 PM
[x] Try and wake one up to talk to them.

inb4burning all dp's

Veloci
09-22-2015, 02:04 PM
[X] Lock the shrine doors, let them starve, filthy creatures.

Liono
09-22-2015, 08:43 PM
[x] Try and wake one up to talk to them.

inb4burning all dp's

If this wins...

SAY GOODBYE TO ASHLEY

m139
09-22-2015, 10:35 PM
No! We must continue the adventure (of Ashley)!

Thelonewanderer
09-23-2015, 01:08 AM
[x] Cut their throats while they slumber, it's a mercy
(Well, time to go for all the mercy kills.)

Rhomeo
09-23-2015, 02:19 AM
I'm kind of sad, but...

[roll0] (+?) - Critical Success, huh.

Liono
09-23-2015, 02:23 AM
ashley lives

Rhomeo
09-23-2015, 02:30 AM
That mixture of Critical Success and choice was the only way to end up here.

Congrats, guys, you saved a little girl's life.

+5 karma points

Liono
09-23-2015, 02:33 AM
This could've turned out very badly.

[x] Accept her request.

I mean, what else am I supposed to do?

.Karma.
09-23-2015, 02:57 AM
[x] Accept her request.

Thelonewanderer
09-23-2015, 03:54 AM
Hm. Feel like this should be a paragon quest, and making children sad is not paragon.

[x] Accept her request.

Rhomeo
09-23-2015, 09:06 AM
On a mostly unrelated note, I added some pictures to the second post, check it at your leisure.

I'm pretty sure I know where the votes are going to go, but I'll leave it just in case.

.Karma.
09-23-2015, 11:46 AM
Nvm already pointed out

F.O.E
09-23-2015, 12:26 PM
[x] Other: Poke her with the rock.

Do it Steve Irwin style.

LardDude
09-23-2015, 01:21 PM
[x] Accept her request. But ask her where she's from.

Rhomeo
09-23-2015, 02:18 PM
But ask her where she's from.

[roll0]

Rhomeo
09-23-2015, 02:52 PM
Alright, so, a few things about the latest update:

Yes I realise that the choice is kind of pointless as accepting is really the only choice here, but I'd like to break some of the flow by not going over 1000 words a post if I can help it.

Also, as you may have noticed, Liss has a few Skills beside her name. After you achieve "Interested" (+10) with a person, you find out what their Skills are. As will be revealed soon, some Skills can only be learned (and trained) through other people. In Liss' case, she's special and has a Skill that practically no one else has. It's hard to teach, but could be very rewarding.

If I get enough votes in the next hour I'll move onto the next part.

Adoravke
09-23-2015, 03:01 PM
[x] Accept it.
Also ask if you can have her given some sort of special treatment so she doesn't feel so bad, cause she probably doesn't feel great after being in there for lord knows how long.

StormyNyte
09-23-2015, 03:23 PM
[] Accept her request.

Rhomeo
09-23-2015, 03:24 PM
[] Accept her request.

We're a bit ahead of that vote, Stormy. :)

StormyNyte
09-23-2015, 03:29 PM
sorry lol (side note: you'll have to show me how you're actually running this thing in the background, it's pretty darn cool and I am thinking of running one myself at some point)

Rhomeo
09-23-2015, 03:32 PM
sorry lol (side note: you'll have to show me how you're actually running this thing in the background, it's pretty darn cool and I am thinking of running one myself at some point)

Sure, throw me a PM and I'll get a reply to you later today after I've slept.

StormyNyte
09-23-2015, 03:36 PM
Boom!

F.O.E
09-23-2015, 03:38 PM
[x] Decline.

I'd rather take my chances than take the bait.

Also, could you do a roll to get her to interact with the local shrines? I have something in mind.

LardDude
09-23-2015, 04:19 PM
Well... seeing as though we either try and persuade the Innkeeper to allow a little girl to stay with us, refusing the High King in the process; or we take the High King up on his offer and have somewhere for both of us to stay...

[x] Accept his offer. Let the High King know that the girl is a priority of yours, however, and that you're trying to find her mother.

We should also stop by the blacksmith's later and thank Beirand again. Let him know that the dagger his son crafted served you well. Seeing as though it's dark out we should probably wait until the morning to do that, we need the rest anyways.

“Oh, what's your name, Mister?”

“Powdered-Deer-Penis.”

The sound of a child wetting themselves laughing so close to your ear is perhaps the most deafening thing you've heard in years.

“Why do you have a name like that?” she continues to giggle despite the seriousness of the question.

“I'm very good at powdering deer penis,” you chuckle.

Trait gained!
Great Chef (+69 to rolls while powdering deer penis): You have your name for a reason, after all!

Rhomeo
09-23-2015, 04:22 PM
“Oh, what's your name, Mister?”

“Powdered-Deer-Penis.”

The sound of a child wetting themselves laughing so close to your ear is perhaps the most deafening thing you've heard in years.

“Why do you have a name like that?” she continues to giggle despite the seriousness of the question.

“I'm very good at powdering deer penis,” you chuckle.

Trait gained!
Great Chef (+69 to rolls while powdering deer penis): You have your name for a reason, after all!

Ah, the nostalgia of Oblivion.

+1 DP for you, Dude of Lards.

After this opening is all done and dusted, I'll be allowing omakes for the record. Clever and funny ones like this will net DP more often than not.

LardDude
09-23-2015, 04:27 PM
Ah, the nostalgia of Oblivion.

+1 DP for you, Dude of Lards.

Ayyyyyy. Thought it might tickle someone else here. ;)

Thelonewanderer
09-23-2015, 07:15 PM
[x] Accept, though ask if there is any way that the King could hep in finding the Liss's mother, politely of course.

StormyNyte
09-23-2015, 07:28 PM
[] Accept.

Veloci
09-23-2015, 09:47 PM
[X]Accept

No reason not to, right?

Right...?

Liono
09-23-2015, 11:11 PM
[x] Decline.

I don't like this. I really don't.

m139
09-24-2015, 02:36 AM
[x] decline. You've already said yes to the girl

Rhomeo
09-24-2015, 02:39 AM
Alrighty, this is where the Quest really takes off.

Make sure you double check the vote example in the OP before you vote to make sure you're doing it right.

EDIT: I forgot to add an Ambition for Liss' request, so find that in the relevant section, as well as some minor updates to the Adventurer Ambition.

Liono
09-24-2015, 02:50 AM
[x] Find someone to train you in another skill.
- [x] Vampire Knowledge with Liss
[x] Go down to the Winking Skeever to socialise.
[x] Interact with:
- [x] Beirand the Blacksmith
- [x] Liss

This last action point is going to be rolled.

[] Combat training with the guards of Solitude. 1

[] Spend time studying the academics. 2

[roll0]

If SiD goes for 1, it will be between Sword (1) and Dagger (2).

If SiD goes for 2, it will be between Skyrim History Knowledge (1) and Skyrim Creatures Knowledge (2).

[roll1]

[x] Combat training with the guards of Solitude.
- [x] Sword
[x] Interact with:
- [x] Liss

Thelonewanderer
09-24-2015, 03:32 AM
- [x] Sword
[x] Explore Solitude.
[x] You've got a lot of money, spend it?
- [x] New gear from the blacksmith
[x] Interact with:
- [x] Liss

LardDude
09-24-2015, 04:19 AM
Oh boy, there's a lot to do!!

[x] Interact with:
- [x] Liss
- [x] High King Torygg
- [x] With unarmed combat.
- [x] Luck from Liss.

Rhomeo
09-24-2015, 07:24 AM
On a totally unrelated note, I'm used to using armour values to directly increase health, but I'm going to try something a bit different. Check second post if you're interested, otherwise keep on keeping on folks.

Veloci
09-24-2015, 02:23 PM
Gonna second Onyx here.

- [x] Sword
[x] Interact with:
- [x] Liss

m139
09-25-2015, 12:14 AM
[x] Visit the Throne Room.
[x] Interact with:
- [x] Liss
- [x] A gift for Liss

What's that? I still have one more action point to vote with? Well...

[x] Spend time studying the academics.
- [x] Geology and Rock Formations

LardDude
09-25-2015, 01:30 AM
- [x] A gift for Liss

N'awwwww. :3
If we had six actions, I'd definitely be up for this.

Liono
09-25-2015, 01:34 AM
We've got a dagger.

LardDude
09-25-2015, 01:36 AM
- [x] Sword

- [x] Sword

- [x] Sword

General Melee Combat: Disappointing (8/50)
General Ranged Weapons: Horrendous (0/0)
Riding: Horrendous (0/0)
Swords: Average (0/250)
Throwing Weapons: Disappointing (18/50)
Unarmed Combat: Disappointing (0/50)

Guys, we're already pretty good with a sword, and I doubt that training with people who'll know as much as we do would cause us to get much better at it. If we can get more experience with unarmed combat, or even general melee combat, however, we'd be much better off than if we tried to improve our swordplay with the guards.
What happens if we get disarmed, or are in a tight spot where we don't have our sword or our dagger?

Traits...
Sworn Sword (+10 to social rolls with the High King, +10 to martial actions, +5 to all learning rolls): While not all that much better than a Sellsword, at least you're sworn to one person now.

Also, talking with the High King would be a pretty good idea, especially when we get +10 to social rolls with him. We also get +5 to learning rolls, so...

- [x] Luck from Liss.

Pls we need luck so that RNGesus will look more kindly upon us, especially in our times of need. ;-;

- - - Updated - - -

We've got a dagger.

...as a gift for Liss? O.o

Liono
09-25-2015, 01:43 AM
We can teach her to defend herself. *shrugs*

Plus, my sword training action point was due to RPA RNG.

LardDude
09-25-2015, 01:49 AM
We can teach her to defend herself. *shrugs*

Plus, my sword training action point was due to RPA RNG.

That makes sense. We could always purchase a dagger for her though, rather than passing on a gift that'll probably come in handy quite a bit, especially with us running with the Sword and Dagger advanced skill.

And I know, but I'm just mentioning that we might not end up learning too much from these guys, so we should probably learn something different from them.

Veloci
09-25-2015, 03:04 AM
Gonna change my Training vote to buying Liss a gift.

Rhomeo
09-25-2015, 05:14 AM
Gonna change my Training vote to buying Liss a gift.

I'll change it for you in the votes, but in future just repost your entire new votes, it makes it easier for me.

Also, all you people that were thinking hard on your votes but didn't, I'll just advise you don't need to think too hard on it. Just vote on what you want to.

- [x] Sword – 2 [roll0] (+5)
- [x] A gift for Liss – 2 [roll1]
[x] Go down to the Winking Skeever to socialise. - 2 [roll2]
[x] Interact with:
- [x] Beirand the Blacksmith – 5 [roll3] (+5)
- [x] Liss - 5 [roll4] (+16 from gift, still a moderate failure but at least it's not critical)

Adoravke
09-25-2015, 06:11 PM
[x] Take Liss somewhere.
- [x] Take her around town, maybe she'd like to meet people.

- [x] Supplies for any possible upcoming adventures, maybe Liss might see something she likes at the markets or in a shop?

Adoravke
09-25-2015, 06:12 PM
[x] Take Liss somewhere.

- [x] Supplies for any possible upcoming adventures, maybe Liss might see something she likes at the markets or in a shop?

Liono
09-25-2015, 09:56 PM
[x] Interact with:
- [x] High King Torygg
[x] Take Liss somewhere.

Here, I'm seconding Adoravke with Liss. (mainly i feel our chances will be better with her)

F.O.E
09-26-2015, 07:21 AM
[x] Study the academics.
~[x] Flora and Fauna of Skyrim.

[x] Take Liss somewhere.
~[x] To the temple of the eight divines.

F.O.E
09-26-2015, 07:21 AM
Involuntary double post.

LardDude
09-26-2015, 09:43 AM
Rhomeo, I wrote an omake.
Am I do RP right?

Rhomeo
09-26-2015, 09:57 AM
Oh hey look, our first Omake.

Lard, feel free to put

This is Canon - Rho Certified

at the top of your post. Also...

Rewards gained!

Relationship changed!
Liss (Friend, +15 to social rolls with Liss, ?): Luck (Impressive), Vampire Knowledge (Average)

Relationship changed!
Lifts-Her-Tail (Crush, +30 to social rolls with Litail): Two-Handed-Swords (Impressive), Tail Combat (Average), Unarmed Combat (Impressive)

Skill changed!
Unarmed Combat: Mediocre (10/100) [roll0] (+10)

Skill changed!
Tail Combat: Disappointing (32/50) [roll1] (+10)

EDIT: I technically did the wrong roll for Unarmed Combat, but it was below the threshold so I'm deciding to leave it.

Rhomeo
09-26-2015, 10:02 AM
Double post because I'm allowed to.

I'll be counting up votes tomorrow, so make sure to get 'em in. Remember that you can't shape the story if you don't get involved!

Liono
09-26-2015, 01:59 PM
This will remind me to check the OP more. (mainly because character picture happened)

Omakes, huh? googles

NOPE. My posts are bad. I'll just be over here voting.

LardDude
09-26-2015, 02:05 PM
[x] Mention Lifts-Her-Tail to High King Torygg.
and
[x] Interact with:
- [x] High King Torygg
Unless my first option means that I'd already be interacting with him, in which case
[x] Interact with:
- [x] Guard Captain Hernsing

Rhomeo
09-26-2015, 02:13 PM
and
[x] Interact with:
- [x] High King Torygg
Unless my first option means that I'd already be interacting with him, in which case
[x] Interact with:

Just because an action involves characters doesn't usually mean it will increase your relationship with them.

Interacting with someone directly is much more likely to involve learning about them, or increasing your relationship with them.

Interacting with someone through a medium (Like asking about Lifts-Her-Tail) is unlikely to end in anything other than plot development.

LardDude
09-26-2015, 03:03 PM
Interacting with someone directly is much more likely to involve learning about them, or increasing your relationship with them.

Alright, in that case...

[x] Interact with:
- [x] High King Torygg

m139
09-26-2015, 05:07 PM
okay, it is time to take our leave...

- [x] On what? - supplies for the journey
[x] Interact with
- [x] High King Torygg

Thelonewanderer
09-26-2015, 06:36 PM
[x] Interact with:
- [x] High King Torygg
- [x] Liss

LardDude
09-27-2015, 01:41 AM
This will remind me to check the OP more. (mainly because character picture happened)

Omakes, huh? googles

NOPE. My posts are bad. I'll just be over here voting.

They can't be that bad. I mean, I thought that mine weren't gonna be as good as they turned out to be, so it's always worth a go. :P

Rhomeo
09-27-2015, 03:32 AM
[x] Take Liss somewhere.
- [x] Take her around town, maybe she'd like to meet people? (2) [roll0]
[x] Interact with:
- [x] High King Torygg (4) [roll1]

~ Don't worry about the low rolls, that was to figure out what event happened. I'll be doing the important ones behind the scenes.

Liono
09-27-2015, 04:30 AM
Tutorial cleared!
Death now available!

Yay, we can die now! Can't wait to die because of Liss screwing something up! (and bad rolls)

[x] You've heard that the High King wants to talk to you about something, go see him?
- [x] Persuasion with High King Torygg
[x] Interact with:
- [x] High King Torygg
- [x] Liss

To explain my actions...

"The King needs to say something" is pretty obvious something will happen, most likely to the story.

Persuasion will be nice for the future, getting past guards or things like that without a fight is useful.

"Go to tavern"; Who doesn't want a new friend? and/or enemy

Befriending a king is useful.

How would you go the entire week without interacting with Liss in anyway?

Rhomeo
09-27-2015, 04:40 AM
How would you go the entire week without interacting with Liss in anyway?

It's insinuated that over the course of the week you "interact" with everyone currently in your city in some way, so relationships don't deteriorate. These are just the major actions that shape the story, so to speak. Liss is more after finding her Mother than solidifying her relationship with you, I think~

But that's just my opinion, who knows. Maybe if you push hard enough you'll make something happen that I can't foresee.

LardDude
09-27-2015, 01:25 PM
[x] You've heard rumours of something strange going on at the docks, investigate?
[x] You've heard that the High King wants to talk to you about something, go see him?
[x] Interact with:
- [x] Rorlund, The High Priest

yolo
jobs ennit
maybe senpai will confess his love to us
maybe we can make him teach us how to persuade him to confess his love to us
gods and spirits are sp00ky, pls explain

Adoravke
09-27-2015, 01:47 PM

[x] You've heard rumours of something strange going on at the docks, investigate?
- [x] Interact with:
- [x] Lifts-Her-Tail: See if she wants to help you find out what's happening at the docks? (2 actions points for this cause it's two in one?)

Liono
09-27-2015, 09:03 PM
Liss is more after finding her Mother than solidifying her relationship with you, I think~

Okay, okay,

I see how it is, Liss.

SO YOU

WOULD RATHER FIND YO MAMA

THAN HANG OUT WITH THE PERSON WHO SAVED YO LIF- lol no jk

Anyway, some spooky shit is happening in that temple.

http://i.imgur.com/CxU6n.gif

Rhomeo
09-27-2015, 09:08 PM
Anyway, some spooky shit is happening in that temple.

2spooky (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaPct-VyAB8)

Liono
09-27-2015, 09:11 PM
3spooky5me (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW1ysV98WCY)

m139
09-27-2015, 09:47 PM
- [x] supplies for the journey
[x] Take Liss somewhere
- [x] the docks
- [x] Geology and Rock Formations

Why all of these? The king wants something, get lifts her Tail to do it instead, and get going, perhaps starting near the docks. At least we should make some attempt to try to show her we have not forgotten her wants.

Of course, the last one is for no reason whatsoever.

Rhomeo
09-28-2015, 03:01 AM
[x] You've heard that the High King wants to talk to you about something, go see him? (4)
- [x] Persuasion with High King Torygg (2) [roll0] (-100 from differing skill levels, minimum of 10)
[x] Mention Lifts-Her-Tail to High King Torygg. (2) [roll1] (+25)
[x] You've heard rumours of something strange going on at the docks, investigate? (2)
- [x] Geology and Rock Formations (1d8'd, got 8) [roll2]

Because of the nature of some of these actions, we'll actually be going through this quite slowly! Minus the learning actions.

EDIT: I will add, despite how huge that bonus from training looks, there's a specific little point I never made when it comes to skills: No one action can increase a Skill more than 2 times. So even though we got a huge roll that should technically carry us to Average, we're going to be stuck just at mediocre.

LardDude
09-28-2015, 11:24 PM
You know nothing of the man supposedly wanting to kill the High King.

:^)

[x] Accept. Agree.

Liono
09-28-2015, 11:40 PM
ROLLING TIME

Odd numbers = Accept

Even numbers = Decline

[roll0]

[x] Agree.

Rhomeo
09-29-2015, 08:40 PM
It occurs to me I forgot to put in Rorlund's skills.

Muh bad

Rorlund, The High Priest (Vested Interest, +30 to social rolls with Rorlund): Faith in the Eight (Elite), History of the Eight (Elite), Faith in Talos (Impressive), History of Talos (Elite)

Thelonewanderer
09-29-2015, 08:45 PM
[x] The rumours talked about something under the water… look around?

Liono
09-29-2015, 09:33 PM
[x] The rumours talked about something hidden inside one of the warehouses… look around?

Liono
09-29-2015, 09:33 PM
[x] The rumours talked about something hidden inside one of the warehouses… look around?

Liono
09-29-2015, 09:46 PM

Rhomeo
09-29-2015, 09:52 PM
3 posts from Onyx in a row.

New record!

Liono
09-29-2015, 10:14 PM
Yep. My laptop's going crazy.

Had a little scare just now about my mouse.

LardDude
09-30-2015, 12:14 AM
[x] The rumours talked about some of the dock workers… look around?

Rhomeo
09-30-2015, 11:55 PM
Considering the votes are tied...

[roll0] (Going in order from top-to-bottom)
Global [roll1]

Liono
10-01-2015, 12:20 AM
[x] Take the sneaky approach and get on board their ship. From there, you could probably do as you please. So long as you pull it off.

I'm sure a lizard-man has some element of stealth embedded inside him.

LardDude
10-01-2015, 12:22 AM
[x] Take the sneaky approach and get on board their ship. From there, you could probably do as you please. So long as you pull it off.

Gotta do this sneaky beaky like. How else would we get over 300 confirmed kills?

Rhomeo
10-01-2015, 12:25 AM

I'm sure a lizard-man has some element of stealth embedded inside him.

Well... yes... but no...

Gotta do this sneaky beaky like. How else would we get over 300 confirmed kills?

http://i.imgur.com/UjXI1ez.png

m139
10-01-2015, 12:47 AM
[x] Take the diplomatic approach and find one of these pirates to question. Most would think you a coward, but so long as it works out.

It is not like we have any reputation anyways...

And we can always come back later with a friend and wipe them out!

LardDude
10-01-2015, 12:50 AM

Well I was hoping that the being sneaky beaky was gonna be more of a, "Good evening, pirateer, I am one of the lower forms of life - formerly referred to as "landlubbers" - that ever so dearly wishes to join your fellow ranks. I will definitely not kill you all when the time is right and steal all of the loot, as much of a great pirate that would in fact make me." but I'm cool with going in stealth-like.

Yaarrrggg's in Argonian.

Thelonewanderer
10-01-2015, 01:00 AM
[x] Take the direct approach and fight your way through these pirates. Dead men can't steal a thing, and bringing a friend like Litial doesn't sound like a terrible idea.

Grab out combat buddy, and then go and murderate the Pirates. Sounds about right

Rhomeo
10-01-2015, 11:11 PM
Sneaky approach it is.

Sneak Roll [roll0] (-5)

Rhomeo
10-01-2015, 11:15 PM
First roll successful, now for the secondary one inside the ship.

[roll0] (-15)

EDIT: Turns out you can't add new rolls to posts, that's a pain.

Liono
10-01-2015, 11:36 PM
[x] (wait till he's close enough) Draw your sword and rush him! (throw his body into the ocean, preferably without creaky floorboards)

LardDude
10-02-2015, 12:29 AM
[x] Draw your dagger and, when he's closer, go for his throat!

m139
10-02-2015, 01:29 AM
[x] Tell him you are [make up name here] and part of the crew.

He might be drunk or something. This just might work. Or not. Use that persuasion! And if words don't work, then use the other type...

Liono
10-03-2015, 08:21 PM
:>

We can always dump a bottle of rum into the captain's food.

Rhomeo
10-04-2015, 04:04 AM
Considering options are split, roll is to decide which choice is it. Second roll is for success.

[roll0]

[roll1]

Liono
10-04-2015, 04:07 AM
always the low rolls

EDIT: GAME MASTER-SENPAI NOTICE ME

[x] Head for the ship's armoury.

LardDude
10-04-2015, 09:54 AM
Seeing as though we already have a hella wicked sword and a pretty decent knoife, I'm feeling that the armoury would be a bit of a waste of time.

[x] Head for the captain's cabin.

.Karma.
10-04-2015, 12:34 PM
[x] Head for the captain's cabin.

Rhomeo
10-06-2015, 02:03 AM
[X] Head for the captain's cabin.

Detection [roll0]
Global [roll1]

LardDude
10-06-2015, 02:14 AM
[X] Head for the captain's cabin.

Detection [very meh]
Global [terribad]

Good thing we're getting only high rolls here, boys.

Liono
10-06-2015, 02:16 AM
I feel like someone here has negative luck and is screwing everyone else over when we combine all our luck together.

Knowing my luck, it's probably me.

LardDude
10-06-2015, 02:17 AM
Knowing my luck, it's probably me.

Knowing my luck, it's definitely me.

Rhomeo
10-06-2015, 02:32 AM
You should all be praising LD forever here, he just saved you with that DP.

It's kind of hard to ask for DP rolls during combat because of numerous reasons, but boy am I glad I asked him - we would have died otherwise. XD

To fully explain that, the Global roll was to determine who we were fighting - and since we critfailed, we ended up against someone with an Elite in Curved Swords. To put that into perspective:

We're rolling a 3d7+1.
She was rolling a 7d7+3.

Liono
10-06-2015, 02:39 AM
Of course, the good option is to spare her.

But, if we kill her, things might happen.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

[roll0]

[x] Spare her.

Thelonewanderer
10-06-2015, 02:49 AM
well, in the immortal words of Shao Khan

[x]FINISH HER!

LardDude
10-06-2015, 02:59 AM
[x] Spare her.

I love me some pirate booty. ( ͡⊙ ͜ʖ ͡⊙)

.Karma.
10-06-2015, 03:04 AM
[x] Spare her.

m139
10-06-2015, 03:28 AM
[x] spare her

Might not be the best tactical move, but she is probably just going to die anyways.

Rhomeo
10-06-2015, 12:38 PM
Due to early majority opinion...

[X] Spare her.

[roll0] (+50 from her traits)

EDIT: Thought I'd just add, with combat training it doesn't necessarily have to be with a specific weapon (Although that's a good idea), you can also do broad things like "General training" and I'll reward random points to things depending on rolls. This has the potential for far more than specific training, but it could also flunk out entirely.

Oh and I'll just say making Hernsing a friend would totally be worth it. I never intended to have him hate us, but the RNG was bad. He's definitely a good guy, deep down, I promise.

Liono
10-06-2015, 11:31 PM
noooooooo not threeee action points

there are soo many things i want to dooo

especially since rho popped in and said a guy that didn't like us was gooodddd

also we should probs heal

- [x] Sailing with Elia
[x] Interact with:
- [x] Elia
-----------------------------------
- [x] Doctor/ Health potion (which we chug down immediately)

If the above is possible, replace interacting with Hernsing. He can wait until we can actually stand without bleeding out.

LardDude
10-07-2015, 01:24 AM
[x] Interact with:
- [x] Elia
- [x] Liss

1. Pirate booty.
2. I'd wanted to interact with him earlier, but eh. Guess now's an okay time.
3. She was touched by the gods, or some sp00py meme, and that made you and Rorlund be all "wtf?", so it'd be good to check how she's doing first methinks.

Rhomeo
10-07-2015, 01:39 AM
also we should probs heal

Healing occurs naturally over time, for Argonians especially.

By the end of the 'weekend' Sideep will be fully healed.

m139
10-07-2015, 02:44 AM
Haha! We have made him good! One of my own "ambitions" has been accomplished. :) Now for my other ambitions...

- [x] On what? New and Better Armor (forget about the old stuff...)
[x] Interact with:
- [x] Elia (time to find out what this piraty thing is about)
- [x] Geology and Rock Formation (BECAUSE)

Liono
10-07-2015, 02:47 AM
WE COULD'VE MADE HIM EVIL

though i don't know how we would've done that without rho shoving liss in our face

Rhomeo
10-07-2015, 03:02 AM
We had heaps of options to be evil, it's just that people naturally move towards 'good', I find. For example:

The vampires. We could have just burnt them alive or let them sit, those were evil options.
Declining Liss' request would have been evil (Although getting her at all as an option is considered good)
Declining any request from the High King would have been considered evil (Although he wouldn't have let us walk off, that would have turned this Quest into... something else)
Killing Elia would have been considered evil, because she has a Good alignment.

... why does she have a Good alignment, you might ask? WELL I CAN'T TELL YOU THAT

Liono
10-07-2015, 03:05 AM
DOES SHE FREE SLAVES

m139
10-07-2015, 03:06 AM
Oh, the mystery! It's going to be a long two days... XD

(and thank goodness, then, we did not kill her. Glad we avoided making him evil)

Liono
10-07-2015, 03:07 AM
but being evil would've been interesting

if sideep dies can we do an evil char

freaking dragon-puppet master character, uses dragon to eat liss

Rhomeo
10-07-2015, 03:08 AM
DOES SHE FREE SLAVES

I CAN'T TELL YOU OR THAT WOULD SPOIL THE SURPRISE

Oh, the mystery! It's going to be a long two days... XD

(and thank goodness, then, we did not kill her. Glad we avoided making him evil)

There's nothing wrong with being evil, it's just a different story. Mind, since we have so many people wanting to imprint themselves on Sideep he'll end up being a confused lad by the end. XD

m139
10-07-2015, 03:12 AM
To be honest, I've never played an evil character before. Crazy and somewhat insane, yes, but never evil. I just prefer good.

And it will be interesting to see how Sideep turned out. If we were all voices inside his head...

Rhomeo
10-07-2015, 03:14 AM
On an unrelated note, I think I'm going to move us to monthly phases starting next AP cycle. This is for a few reasons:

When you're working on monthly, it's possible to split Major Actions (Things that require more than 1 AP) and Minor Actions. Minor Actions are things I can just throw out and it's just information, but Major Actions actually involve you guys making more choices - like what happened at the docks.

Thoughts on that? Or do you want to do a couple more weekly phases like this first?

m139
10-07-2015, 03:18 AM
Monthly sounds better, especially since much of these things will be repeated. And things will go faster.

If you do this though, I suggest having separate goal points for long term versus short term action. For example, buying new equipment will only take one point while something like searching for Liss' Mother might take five points.

Rhomeo
10-07-2015, 03:35 AM
Monthly sounds better, especially since much of these things will be repeated. And things will go faster.

If you do this though, I suggest having separate goal points for long term versus short term action. For example, buying new equipment will only take one point while something like searching for Liss' Mother might take five points.

You pretty much explained exactly what I was planning. ;)

Major Actions are "limited-time" and cost more than 1 AP. I can't tell you how long those actions will be around for. It could be the Month, it could be a year. But Major Actions are what will shape the story to be what it is.

Well, minus actions that just 'happen'. Like, for instance, a certain major event that's 2 months off...

m139
10-07-2015, 03:57 AM
Me and my bad reading comprehension... thanks for the clarification... I need more sleep.

Just realized AP meant Action Points... unfortunately, every time I see AP I automatically think "accounts payable"...

LardDude
10-07-2015, 10:24 AM
To be fair, I was pretty tempted to just suggest joining Elia's crew, hopefully becoming the best pirate to ever exist, but we'd have to ditch Liss and the High King most likely, so... yeah.

Monthly sounds good.

Like, for instance, a certain major event that's 2 months off...

Two months, eh? Is it a sweet roll eating competition?!

Liono
10-07-2015, 10:09 PM
Monthly's fine

Rhomeo
10-08-2015, 12:01 AM
[X] Interact with:
- [X] Elia (3)
- [X] Guard Captain Hernsing (2)
[X] Find someone to train you in another skill.
- [X] Sailing with Elia
[roll0] (To determine final action)

Liono
10-08-2015, 12:30 AM
hey hernsing

let's try not to be a racist asshole

hey, just try not to be an asshole in general

live life happily

than having people that want to stomp your face in every second of the day

[x] Be nice to him. Try to restart with a clean slate.

m139
10-08-2015, 01:30 AM
[x] Say you heard he was good at sword fighting and wanted some help.

Flattery. Might not work, but why not try? I don't think he will kill us.

Rhomeo
10-08-2015, 11:42 PM
[roll0]

Persuasion [roll1]

Liono
10-09-2015, 12:06 AM
[x] You've heard talk of a Hist tree growing nearby… (5)
[x] Keep good on your promise with the Guard Captain? (3)
[x] Ask questions about Liss' Mother with the locals. (2)

- [x] Skyrim Creatures: Strengths and Weaknesses
- [x] Luck with Liss (because this makes sense obviously)
- [x] Restorative health potions and stuff
[x] Interact with:
- [x] Beirand
- [x] Elia
- [x] High King Torygg
- [x] Lifts-Her-Tail
- [x] Falk Firebeard
- [x] Liss

[x] … dream?

LOT'S TO DO THIS MONTH

Your posts are gonna get very long.

Rhomeo
10-09-2015, 12:12 AM
Your posts are gonna get very long.

Yep.

Also, minor visual thing on my side - would you mind spacing out the options from major, minor and free actions? It just makes it easier to differentiate between them. <3

EDIT: Since the month cycle has a lot of big choices and some thinking involved, I'll be leaving this for 2-3 days, depending.

Liono
10-09-2015, 12:15 AM
There you go.

LET'S GO TRY TO LEARN HOW TO BE LUCKY FROM LISS

AND GET LOW ROLLS BECAUSE OF OUR LUCK

m139
10-09-2015, 12:47 AM
[x] Take on some work with Litail. (2)

- [2x] Geology and Rock Formation
[x] Take Liss somewhere.
- [x] Around town, show her you are looking for her mother
- [x] Back to the temple
- [x] New and better Armor
[x] Interact with:
- [x] Beirand
- [x] Elia
- [x] Liss
- [x] Rorlund

FREE ACTIONS
[] Correspond with:
- [] Write-in.
[] … dream?

---
I'll add in free actions later, when and if I actually think of something.

Rhomeo
10-09-2015, 01:02 AM
[2x] Ask questions about Liss' Mother with the locals. (2)

Just thought I'd point out that you can't take major actions more than once, so you've got another 2 AP to spend somewhere if you like, maabe. :)

m139
10-09-2015, 02:30 AM
*really exaggerated sigh entirely for effect* fine... guess I'll go put some more points into studying rocks... Or maybe, just maybe something more useful...

Edit:
there. I picked something more useful: (do work and earn) Money!
(although apparently money is only a means to an end, so it is not really useful in itself, and other things would be more useful than money, and I need more sleep and should stop reading philosophy while on RPA)

LardDude
10-09-2015, 06:00 PM

[x] Spend some time down at the docks. You need to practice your swimming.
[x] Get your armour repaired by Beirand.
- [x] Luck with Liss
[x] Interact with:
- [x] Rorlund
- [x] Liss
- [x] High King Torygg
- [x] Lifts-Her-Tail

[x] …dream?

Seeing as though I doubt we've spent much time in there, and that's probably where we'd be when the High King gets attacked, I feel as though familiarising ourselves with the area would be a smart move.
I'd be interested in knowing if we could have our armour upgraded by Beirand (somehow), and if so, I'd like that waaay more than just getting it repaired.
I'd also like to mention Elia to Litail, 'cos why not, we're totes soulmates.
If our luck becomes better from Liss first, that'd be swag, because I assume that it'd effect our other rolls in some way.
And hell yeah! I've been wondering when the dream stuff would crop up again. ^^

Thelonewanderer
10-09-2015, 09:51 PM

[x] Spend some time down at the docks. You need to practice your swimming.
[x] Get your armour repaired by Beirand.
[x] Interact with:
- [x] Elia
- [x] High King Torygg
- [x] Lifts-Her-Tail
- [x] Liss
- [x] Erikur

FREE ACTIONS

[x] … dream?

LardDude
10-09-2015, 10:27 PM
You've only used 20/21 action points, Thelonewanderer. :P

Liono
10-09-2015, 10:31 PM
I still think we should name our stone Ashley and keep it as a pet rock, I'm just waiting for that moment to come.

LardDude
10-10-2015, 08:32 AM
Aw, dude! We should interact with Ashley sometime!!

Liono
10-10-2015, 02:11 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to do this.

The vampires. We could have just burnt them alive

As you walk away from the ever growing bonfire behind you, the screeches start to come out. The mass shrieks from the vampires send shivers down your spine, burnt alive vampires letting you know the pain they felt. But, one scream stood out to you. It sounded more... child-like, a not yet mature youth was in there, watching the fire crawling towards her in all directions. You turn around, but the embers are dying down, the shrieks of pain are gone, the vampires are dead.

You did a good thing today, right?

Thelonewanderer
10-10-2015, 05:08 PM
*shifty eyes* I have no clue what you are talking about. I used all my points. you must be seeing things.

Liono
10-10-2015, 11:57 PM
Though, we need to know what dreaming is like.

Like, do we dream about bananas kidnapping Liss and Elia the orc comes in with a grappling hook and saves the day?

LardDude
10-11-2015, 04:54 PM
Like, do we dream about bananas kidnapping Liss and Elia the orc Redguard comes in with a grappling hook and saves the day?

That would make for an awesome dream. 10/10, would dream again.

Rhomeo
10-13-2015, 07:32 AM
Since there are so many choices I'm giving it one more day before I round up votes.
Just in case some people come out of the woodwork.

Rhomeo
10-14-2015, 12:31 AM
A few quick rolls determined our actions. You guys mostly agreed.

... although for the most part I don't entirely approve.

I'll get to the free/minor actions shortly after this and start the major actions tomorrow.

[XXXX] You've heard talk of a Hist tree growing nearby… (5)
[XXXX] Keep good on your promise with the Guard Captain? (3)
[XXXX] Ask questions about Liss' Mother with the locals. (2)
[XXX] Take on some work with Litail. (2)

[XX] Visit the Throne Room.
[XX] Spend some time down at the docks. You need to practice your swimming.
[XX] Get your armour repaired by Beirand
[X] Find someone to train you in another skill.
- [XX] Luck, with Liss
[X] Interact with:
- [XX] Beirand
- [XXX] Elia
- [XXX] High King Torygg
- [XXX] Lifts-Her-Tail
- [XXXX] Liss

[XXX] … dream?

Thelonewanderer
10-14-2015, 02:14 AM
[x] Accept

What in the Nine is the Outsider doing here? Shouldn't he be watching Corvo right about now?

(This is sarcasm. Internet be bad about carrying tones and all that.)

Rhomeo
10-14-2015, 10:22 AM
I mixed verses with something, but Dishonored isn't it. I just like the imagery~

Or maybe I'm a filthy liar, who knows.

LardDude
10-14-2015, 12:02 PM
[x] Ask this mystical being to put a shoe on their head, also, ask them who they are. (also, accept)

We should probs ask who it is m88ies.

Thelonewanderer
10-15-2015, 12:19 AM
Well, in that case then until we hear otherwise I'm gonna assume its the Outsider being bored, again.

LardDude
10-15-2015, 12:59 AM
Why assume when we could just ask and (maybe) find out? What's the worst that could happen?

Rhomeo
10-16-2015, 12:34 AM
[roll0]

Accept it is.

Rhomeo
10-16-2015, 12:56 AM
Decided I'd give you a little behind-the-scenes on what happens with all my rolls.

Ignore everything below the line, that was for a personal thing.

http://i.imgur.com/wrR97zC.png

m139
10-16-2015, 02:28 AM
Ooh! Numbers!

... ... Good thing you know what you are doing.

[x] Make a racket outside the cave. Hopefully the beast will come out.

Then we can drop the torch (or throw it at the thing) and both fight. What could possibly go wrong [except everything]?

Rhomeo
10-16-2015, 04:41 PM
Well, since there's only one vote I'll give it another day. After that, though, I think I'm going to stop allowing extra days because of lack of votes. It's messing up my posting rhythm.

Also, updated the Destiny Points section with a more diverse list of what's what. If you wanna' burn DP, go for it, it's there to be used.