PDA

View Full Version : By The Gods [IC]

Fire Fairy
10-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Rebecca was having that dream again. She was walking along a long path and saw a brigh light ahead of her. And she heard the voice again. "Come my daughter," it said. Rebecca thought it sounded familiar somehow. Her mother's voice? No, it couldn't be. But she had never know what happend to her mother. Was she still alive? Rebecca didn't know for sure. But she couldn't be. It was very unlikely. Her father had told her that her mother had died when she was thirteen years old. But how did he know? It seemed like they hadn't spoken in ages and suddenly he knew she had died. Rebecca never believed him of course, but when she didn't come back, Rebecca finally accepted that her mother didn't want her. It didn't make sense now. She kept walking along the path and finally reached the end of it. But the bright light didn't let her see anything. It was really blinding. She walked with her hands in front of her, being scared that she might run into something, like she did in other dreams. But there was nothing. She kept walking and finally hit something. A door. A big gold door. She looked up at it and it seemed huge. What could it be? Slowly she raised her hand to knock...

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP...

Rebecca opened her eyes and looked around. She was back in her room of her apartment. She hit the snooze button and sighed. She had been dreaming the same dream over and over for the past month or so. What did it mean? She had no idea. She had sure it had been her subconcious telling her she missed her mother, even though she had never seen her. But now she wasn't sure anymore. She got up and went to the bathroom to take a shower. After her shower, she got dressed and took her stuff. She got her messenger bag and her books. She walked out to her car, got in and took off towards school. She a twenty minute drive and she went by the library she worked at. There were a lot of people today and she would have a lot to do that day, she could just tell. She got to the college and went to class.

After school, she got in her car and drove back to the library. She walked in and went behind the main desk. "Hey," she said to James, her co-worker.

"Oh hey," he said, looking at her. There was something in his face, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it. She sat down on her chair and shrugged. If he wanted to tell her what was going on, he would. Eventually. She started to check in the books that had been dropped off in the return box and look around at people walking by. She greeted a few and then there was a noise. She turned to see...James was gone.

"James?" she asked, looking around. Where could he have gone? She walked out of the desk and went through the aisles of bookshelves. One after another, but there was nothing. No sign of James or anyone else. Where did everyone go? She kept walking and finally got to the back room. "James?" She walked in and froze. There was a big...monster? Well, at least she thought it was one. It had eight tentacles and a big head. Kind of like an octopus, but uglier looking. When it heard her walk in, he turned to her and she saw that it had James all wrapped up in one tentacle. "James!" she said, backing up towards the door.

"Rebecca, run!" he shouted and Rebecca could tell the was running out of air. He was turning blue and Rebecca knew that he would die real soon. "Go!"

Rebecca was about to turn, but couldn't. James was her partner and her friend. She couldn't leave him to die. But she had no idea what to do. She took a book and threw it a the monster. "Hey!" she was shouting, taking books and saw that it was letting James go slowly. She kept throwing books at it and finally let go of James. Then she saw it was turning and charging at her. She turned and ran out of the room. Since everyone was gone, she could run through the bookshelves with no one blocking her. She ran through all the aisles and looked over her shoulder. She thoght for being so big, it would be slow, but she was wrong. It was getting real close now and soon she would be out of places to run, but outside. She turned and kept running. She made a few circles until she was back to the room where the monster was at first. James was on the floor, trying to sit up. "James," she said, running to him. "What the hell was that thing?"

"Well, it was a monster," he said, glancing at the door. "Come on, we have to get out of here." She helped him up and walked out to see that the monster was gone. "It looks like you lost him and it got tired."

"Oh well good thing, I don't feel like being eaten," Rebecca said, sarcastically.

"I wish," James said. "It does this to you." He extended his arm and there was big cut on it. "The tentacles have little..." He made a sign with his hands and shuttered. Rebecca could guess it hurt. "And they cut you. They can tear pieces off of someone's flesh. I was lucky it just cut me." They kept walking and finally got to the entrance of the library. They closed the front doors and then went back to Rebecca's apartment.

Rebecca got the first aid kit and started to clean James' cut. "So, what was that about? Why was that thing following me..." She didn't know what it was, but of course, it wasn't normal. She saw James gave her a look and then shrugged. "James!"

James sighed and looked down at the ground. He thought it was time he would tell Rebecca the truth. "The truth is..." he said softly. "Rebecca, you're a demigod. And before you ask...it means your mother, was a goddess."

Rebecca stared at him and then started to laugh. "Right, that's a good one," she said and finished cleaning the cut. She went to put the first aid kit away and sat down on the couch next to him. "So, what's the real reason." She looked at him and saw that he had his serious face on. She had been working with him for two years now and knew that look. "You're serious?" He nodded and she felt like she was going to pass out. "So, my mom..."

"Was Athena," James said, putting a hand on hers. "I know it's hard, but...you have to accept who you are."

"And I'm a demigod..." Rebecca said, still trying to figure out what that meant.

"And you're not safe," James went on. "We have to take a little trip. Grab some clothes and whatever else you need and meet me outside." He got up and walked to the door. He glanced at her, opened the door, and walked out.

Rebecca sat there for a moment, thinking about the possibilities. Where was James taking her? Hopefully somewhere where monsters like that wouldn't find her. She sighed, getting up and went to her room. She gathered some clothes, her phone and other things she needed. Then she walked to the door and looked around. For some reason, she had a feeling she wasn't coming back. She would miss her apartment, but she didn't want to find that monster or any monster sometime soon. She opened the door, walked out and met James down by her car.

nonangelic92
10-09-2010, 02:58 PM
Kegan ran across the pavement. His heart pounding radically againest his chest. He glanced at his watch and picked up speed, passing the marker in under 8 minutes. He stopped and leaned agaienst the chain link fence as he watched his friend, Scott, hurry to finish the race. "Come on dude," he shouted, " I'm getting old here." He peered into the sky as a bird flew overhead. For a moment, everything in the world stopped. All Kegan could see was the bird and the freedom it felt. He felt the wind in his hair, the bustaling city noise drift off as he flew farther and farther away from the city. As Kegan shifted his eye-sight, it seemed time reactivated. He smiled as he saw his friend Scott pass the finish line. "Finally, dude. It seemed like forever til you got over here." Scott punched his shoulder as he tried to catch his breath. "Come on dude. Lets go hit the showers, you totally reak." Kegan spoke as he jogged his way to the locker room, leaving Scott behind.

Kegan toweled off, quickly getting dressed as Scott finished up his shower. He looked at his bird pendant before placing it around his neck. Something about the freedom birds have always interested him. As Kegan turned around, he saw Scott in the buff staring at him. "Dude put some clothes on." Kegan tossed his towel at him. Scott continued to glare then he appeared to morph into this huge bird with a bronze peak and sharp-looking feathers. Kegan stared wide-eyed and then turned and ran. He quickly ran home, watching over his shoulder, catching glimpses of the bird now and then. As he raced up his apartment stairs, he ran into his neighbor. "Oh, I'm so sorry Mrs. Aberston." He helped the old woman up and began to unlock his door when Mrs. Aberston spoke. " You mustn't fear child. Your father will murder the one that sent the winged monster." Kegan looked at the old woman, "What? How do about that?"

The old woman motioned Kegan into her aprtment and shut the door. "Sit child, I shall make us some tea." Mrs. Aberston put a pot of tea onto the stove, she sat by Kegan. "Your farther assissgned me to watching over you once you moved away from home. He may not be around but he does care for you." Kegan shook his head in disblief. " What, no. My father was just some douchbag that my mom dated and then wants nothing to do with me." Mrs.Aberston patted the young man's hand "I know how frustrating this is, but your father isn't just some douchebag, as you put it...he's a god, Hermes actually and your a demi-god." The kettle began to whistle and Mrs.Aberston took it off the fire as things began to register into Kegan's mind.

Bia
10-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Vera pushed her lime green bangs behind her ear as she bent down over some latino girl's belly button. Pushing the piercing gun into the correct position, she counted down from 3 before pushing the needle through, as quick and painless as possible. The girl glanced down at her new piercing happily, talking to her boyfriend who was watching. Vera went through the routine "clean it every night, don't take it out for 4 months" talk that she did for every new piercing, and sent the girl and her boyfriend on her way.

After they were gone, the shop was empty and Vera sighed, relaxing against the chair. Her friend Jackie came from the back, she had just finished sterilizing some new needles.

"Hey Jackie" she said smiling, "it's a little slow today..."

"yeah," she agreed. Jackie looked uneasy, as if she was waiting for something to happen

"Jackie, is something wrong?" Vera asked, but before Jackie could answer, a tall tough looking biker dude stepped in the shop. "Oh don't worry I got this" Vera said, going up to the desk to greet the customer.

"Hello sir, what can I do for you today?"

"Vera- I don't think..." Jackie started, but Vera gave her a weird look and she quieted. Vera turned around smiling at the man. Who in turn gave her a mean look. And started mumbling something in another language...Vera was surprised to realize that it was Ancient Greek, and even more surprised to realize she understood it. The biker man said, "You must die before Hades"

Vera gasped and stepped back a few steps, "Jackie....whats going on...?" she asked uneasily. Suddenly, the biker transformed, into a tall bull type thing. It growled and knocked the counter over, Vera screamed and fell over.

Next thing she knew, Jackie had a long pole in her hand, and was...hitting the bull thing with it?! Vera yelled at Jackie to stop, and Jackie in turn yelled at her to run. But she couldn't just leave Jackie here! Tugging on Jackie's sleeve she tried to get her to run with her. Eventually Jackie did come and they sprinted for the back door. The bull man thing following close behind. After they got outside, Jackie took them down a subwway tunnel, they weaved and ducked through all the people, trying to lose this huge bull thing. Taking a sharp right turn they ducked into a bathroom. And waited in tense silence while the bull thing ran past. When they thought they were safe, Vera turned to Jackie.

"Umm, do you know what just happened?"

"Vera...theres something you need to know. That thing, was a minotaur. And it was coming for you."

"FOR ME?!?" Vera screamed.

"yes shhhhhh" Jackie said urgently and Vera cut herself off "you are a demigod...your mom...was Aphrodite"

VerVolf
10-12-2010, 12:33 AM
The day was already looking grey for Logan by the time he had give up moping around the garage he worked at waiting for someone to come in looking for their service. They had gone all weekend without anything and by now the young man had simply had enough of it all, ripping his gloves off, slapping them down on the workbench and storming out towards the subway ride home. It was indeed easy for things to rub him the wrong way, but right now there was something else. His dreams, or rather nightmares he would say, had been growing ever more intense and had effectively halved the amount of sleep he was getting.

They used to be odd enough, and always constant. He would open his eyes to see nothing but darkness for miles around, and yet a gentle light would shine through the floor around him illuminating a light fog that reached up only to his knees. As he walked the fog would dissipate from around him as if it was almost fleeing from his presence. And then he would always turn around and notice them. There were rows upon rows of golden shields, each one with it's own unique emblem on it's convexed face. Long, glinting spears reached out from around this in perfect uniform and a row of bright blue crests could just be seen poking over the top. In all this confusion Logan could not help but marvel at their excellence, and then again at their battle cry. The next thing he knew, each soldier would charge towards him, and then past him, screaming with rage and yet, each time he dreamt, he was always too late to turn and see what they were charging.

That was until the start of the weekend.

Logan turned away from the rows upon rows of men, and faced a measly handful of brutish figures. Just before they charged, those men started to grow, tearing and ripping their armour off until their eyes glowed a dooming red and horns grew from their heads. The once glorious army before him was suddenly surrounding the beasts and yet they were being hurled backwards in great clumps as the monsters attacked. Great breaths of flame also showered entire sections of soldiers causing them to break ranks and flee. Before he knew it, the Minotaur were charging his way, yet he did not run.

He could not run.

Logan suddenly noticed his hand in a tight grip. Looking down he saw the exact same weapons as the soldiers in his very grasp. He looks to the side to see others, others like himself in common clothing at yet, each one would wield some kind of ancient weapon. What frustrated him was that none of them had faces. Where he expected to see the facial features of those that stood with him, there nothing but darkness. And then they charged, the sounds of screaming under a dominating roar deafened his ears until...

"The train is now approaching platform three"

Logan sighed at the sound of the automated voice preaching to the crowded subway. Things like that pissed him off, knowing that someone somewhere was getting paid to push a button all day. The crowds of people that day also pissed him off, each group of people pushing and fighting their way past each other in a panic that they "are going to miss their train!" He muttered a few curses as two girls pushed lightly past him in a hurry, heading straight for the toilets. It was about thirty seconds after that in which a much larger man with that stereotypical 'biker' getup barged right into him in a huff. Unlike the two women, this guy was clearly putting some weight into it and Logan span around and shouted at him as the train on the other platform left with almost all of the pedestrians now gone from the part of the subway he was in.

"Hey, watch where your going!" Logan barked aggressively, adding a few curses onto the end under his breath. It was at this point in which the man stopped, turning around and giving Logan a cold hard glare. What was creepy was the amused grin that soon appeared on his lips and then the speaking of a language which Logan could surprisingly understand.

"Well well, if I can't find the other one then I guess you'll have to do!" And with that the man started to transform into one of the very figures that had been in his dreams. It snorted, two plumes of smoke escaping from the nostrils as a hoof scrapped across the floor as it brought it's horns down. It charged right at Logan who barely had time to dive out of the way as it crashed into a tiled pillar, pulling it to pieces and leaving a layer of rubble to be thrown over the platform. The landing was hard for Logan who grunted as he pulled himself up to his feet. Again he wanted to run, but he could hear that voice...
"Fight!" it echoed in his head, "You were born to fight like I and you shall fight like I!"

And so, completely confused about the entire ordeal the demigod held his ground, fists up as if he was boxing. The beast charged again, too slow to catch Logan as he darted to the side and delivered a couple of punches into it's side. Of course the Minotaur was built like a brick wall and Logan's attempted were futile. For his efforts, Logan was caught with the back hand of the beast which sent his flying into the wall. The dirty tiles cracked upon the impact and Logan dropped onto the floor, growling and grimacing in pain. The impact would have broken most people, but then again, most people were not the son of a god of warfare.

Vampirequeen
10-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Luna sat in the small art room of her high school, working on a clay pot. School had ended for the day, but she wanted to finish the pot, since she had seen it in a dream and had somehow managed to fall in love with it. She was finishing the designs on the sides when her teacher, Mrs. Deyo, came in.
"That looks amazing, Luna!" Mrs. Deyo said.
"Thanks." Luna responded, beaming.

Suddenly, the two of them heard a loud crash from the room next door. A large horned creature crashed into the room that they were in. It stared at Luna and strode towards her, it's mouth wide open.
"Luna, move!" Mrs. Deyo shouted.

Luna dove out of the way as the creature lunged at the spot where she had been sitting. Mrs. Deyo had darted towards the door of the room and now stood right outside of it.
"Luna, come here!" she yelled.
Luna run towards the dorr with the creature hot on her trail.

"Follow me!" Mrs. Deyo said, running down the hall.
Luna followed, wondering where they would go. They turned left at a staircase and ran up the stairs as fast as possible, while leaving the creature further and further behind them. They could still hear its hooves, but there was some space between them and it. When the reached the landing, Luna followed her teacher to her office, which Mrs. Deyo quickly unlocked. Once the two of them were in the room, Mrs. Deyo closed and locked the door, then covered its window with a piece of black construction paper. She turned on her desk lamp and quickly lowered the blinds over the windows.

Mrs. Deyo sat down at her desk and looked at Luna.
"Please sit down." she said in a gentle voice that still made Luna feel nervous.
Luna sat down, trying to catch her breath.
"What was that?" she asked.
"That, Luna, was a minotaur." Mrs. Deyo explained.
"What was it doing here? I thought that they only existed in Greek mythology." Luna said, proud to know what her teacher was talking about.
"To most people, they are a myth, but to demigods like you, they are very real." Mrs. Deyo explained.
"What did you just call me?" Luna asked in shock.
"A demigod. You, Luna, are the daughter of Apollo." Mrs. Deyo responded.
Luna paused, wondering how it was possible.