View Full Version : [R] Prey OOC; Auki and Serendipitous Bliss

Mysteria
10-21-2009, 10:52 PM
Auki:

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u207/Angel-Of-Mist/Prey_Banner.png

Rated [R] for possible violence, gore and sexual tension
Prey:

A Private Roleplay by Auki and Serendipitous Bliss
This story takes place in a world reigned by humans.

However, each human possesses the ability to transform into an animal. It has been that way since the beginning, and as far as anyone can see, it will always be a world where humans are able to mutate into beasts.

Nevertheless, while each individual retains the physical qualities of their animal, the mind of the human thankfully remains dominant.

The Story:

All the same, the world is facing a dilemma. A problem has been forming for the government that, without drastic measures, they have no hope of solving. Starvation. A shocking discovery has been made as professionals learn that normal animals are becoming extinct. Furthermore, after study is done into the issue, it is found that there is little anyone can do to save these animals.

The government finds itself losing one of its main food sources, and without enough time to devise a plan to counteract such exhaustion to their resources. Yet, as desperation began to manifest, they came to a decision. When signs of starvation began to appear, government officials passed a law – One that placed bounties on the head of any human that turned into a herbivore. The law cruelly named this new food source as ‘Prey’.

Although a few of the carnivorous humans resisted the idea at first, and many were repulsed by it, as hunger began to spread, the minds of these people soon found justice in the new law. The herbivorous of the human race, or ‘prey’, were hunted down. Bounty hunters began to spend more time in their animal form, where their senses were heightened, and it was far easier to track their quarry. Many suffered but society turned a blind eye.

[hr]

Two years have passed since the victimisation of herbivores, and it is reported that only a few remain alive. However, in the last few months, a rumour has started; that there is a place to the North, nicknamed ‘Paradise’, were herbivores are accepted as citizens and treated as equals. Many aspire to find this place, and some attempt to escape to this wonderland, but the government is keen to track them down and most are quickly captured.

The instinct to survive burns strong in all; the hope of freedom, a persistent dream.

You have been contacted – A small group are planning their escape and you have been invited to join them. You are told they are meeting at the White Stag Inn, a supposedly abandoned building on the outskirts of town. The party’s numbers are to be keep as few as possible; too many and the group will be noticed.

You are advised to travel at night and avoid main roads. Patrols are centred around the main city so stick to the outskirts as much as possible.

Good Luck - We’ll be awaiting your arrival.

The Facts:

Humans and their Animal States:

The transition from human to animal can be incredibly varied from one person to another, due to the range of factors contributing to the metamorphosis.

Of course, the species of animal would be one of the differing elements. Each person can transform into only one species of animal and although extensive research has been done, no person has been found that can mutate into more then one particular breed.

Another component of the change is the ‘quirk’ of a person. ‘Quirk’s are the actions that trigger the transfiguration and vary for every individual. For example, one man may mutate into his given animal every time he sneezes, whereas another might change whenever he falls unconscious. Due to the nature of some 'quirks', some may never, or only rarely, experience their animal form, compared to some that are forced into it every day.

The last part of the process that needs to be taken into consideration by any person is their ‘waiting period’. As with the assortment of ‘quirks’ found, there is also a similarly varied array of 'waiting periods' until a being can return to his original human form; some ‘waiting periods’ may be a few seconds, whilst others can last longer then a month. Once the ‘waiting period’ is completed, the person is free to stay in his animal state or morph back.

Humans are able to communicate with other humans and animals are able to communicate basic conversations between themselves.
However, speech and the understanding of body language between humans and animals is extremely limited; Normally, only basic emotions are able to be interpreted.

[hr]

Mini Glossary (Just to avoid any confusion):

+ Prey: A human that transforms into an animal whose main diet consists of plants, algae or insects.
+ Carnivores: A human that transforms into an animal whose diet must contain meat or fish.
+ Quirk: An action that forces a human to transform into their animal state
+ Waiting Period: The length of time after a human has transformed into their animal state, until they can wilfully change back into their human state.
+ Paradise: Referred to in a rumour of unknown origin, it is supposedly a place where Prey are able to live peacefully.

Links:

The Plan (http://role-player.net/single/?p=8345022&t=7159570)
The Plan Two (http://role-player.net/single/?p=8405133&t=7159570)
The Map (http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u207/Angel-Of-Mist/Prey_Map_PNG-1.png)

Mysteria
10-21-2009, 10:53 PM
Auki:

Name: Darnel Cain
Species: Barb Horse
Quirk: Kissing
Waiting Period: 1 hour

Appearance:

*Human:

Darnel without his piercings (http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u207/Angel-Of-Mist/Darnel_Picture.png)

Darnel stands at 6’ 3” with a strong build and wide shoulders. His black hair is short and spiked towards the front with a hot pink streak running down the right side of his head; a reminder of a drunken decision made long ago, that’s refusing to fade quickly enough for his liking. He’s actually grown quite attached to the colour, but for the sake of his masculinity, refuses to admit it. Sharp, green eyes peer out from under his furrowed brow, which after so many days of unneeded stress is already lightly lined. His posture shows a combination of strength, determination and anger. Although he buys normal clothing, he likes to alter them to better suit his style. This usually involves ripping or writing on his favourite garments. He has a wide array of piercings, including a multitude on either ear, one of which joins to a piercing in his lip via a thin gold chain. He also has piercings in his nose, nipples and in lower regions. Hot pink tattoos snake their way up his back and down his arms, a remnant of another drunken night.

*Animal: Darnel transforms into a Barb horse, which is known for its swiftness, incredible endurance, and surefootedness, improved further by his deep chest and powerful, front legs. His pelt is black, as well as his mane and tail, and he takes surprising good care of it – A sign of his obvious vanity. Standing at about 14 hands high, he tends to hold his head up to make himself appear more intimidating.

Personality: Darnel can be aggressive towards people he is not familiar with, and tends to avoid one-on-one conversations, due to his social awkwardness. He likes to tease the people he can, and is usually the person everyone avoids talking to. However, once he finds his footing in a group, he becomes more pleasant. He enjoys being someone’s support. On occasions, he has been fairly sentimental and loves to make those close to him feel worthwhile. Although he can get easily jealous, he is normally subdued about it. Darnel is only of average intelligence, probably because he is far more interested at the more practical skills in life.

Mysteria
10-21-2009, 10:53 PM
Serendipitous Bliss:

Name: Amanda Tenett
Species: Red panda
Quirk: Weakened state (illness, serious injury, in extreme heat or cold) or sleep.
Waiting Period: When she recovers enough from the weakened state or when she wakes up.

Appearance:
http://i42.tinypic.com/4t54hz.jpg
Amanda is a natrual platinum blond that stands at a puny four foot nine inches tall; her eyes are a light violet, due to her albino nature, and her lips are only slightly pinker then her face when she blushes. The blond is thin, but trimmed with muscle, and she has a rather flat chest, a fact which she despises. Despite her legal drinking age, Amanda looks like she could be about ten or eleven.

http://www.wildlifearchives.com/images/red-panda.jpg
Amanda, when she changes, weighs about eight pounds and is forty-two inches long, including her bushy, striped tail of red and cream, which is sixteen inches long, a little less then half her full length.

About: Amanda is often groggy during the day, lazy, and tends to be most active in the late hours of the day and early hours of the morning. She likes to whistle. A lot. Amanda is also a very good runner and hides easily, which has kept her safe from Predators. The blond is meticulous about her daily hygiene and routine. She's often playful and jokes around, making light of the situation. Honestly, she's terrified. She could die at any time due to hunger that another simply couldn't control. Amanda doesn't understand it, doesn't like it, but she's coping, so far.

Auki
10-26-2009, 05:57 PM
Bliss, do you have your last post in the IC?
Otherwise I'll have to try remember what you write off the top of my head x)

Mysteria
10-26-2009, 07:53 PM
The last post by Bliss has been transferred and the RP should now be up to date. Bliss, if its not, then let me know. Thanks!

rabbit
10-27-2009, 12:07 AM
Sorry! All is good. :D

rabbit
11-24-2009, 02:01 AM
-Face+desk- TORTURE!

Auki
11-27-2009, 05:22 PM
I reallllllly need to reply o.o

rabbit
12-04-2009, 10:39 PM
-Dies-

rabbit
12-14-2009, 02:07 AM
Ok, uh, not sure why the IC was LOCKED. Anywho... -Shakes Auki.- POST CHILD, POOOOST!

Auki
12-14-2009, 07:58 AM
Ahhhh, I'm in the middle of my exams D:

Must. Find. Time. To. Post. -determined face-

rabbit
12-15-2009, 02:13 AM
-Huggles her.-

rabbit
12-19-2009, 04:31 AM
o_o; Uh. Auki. Should I... Have the IC fetched out of the recycle box so you can post?

Auki
12-22-2009, 09:18 AM
Oh dear...
Maybe that would be best o...o

I'm just so bad at writing the 'Waking up' scenes...especially since I think Amanda would be the first to wake up -kicks lazy Darnel's butt-

rabbit
12-23-2009, 01:28 AM
Lol! Not with how exhausted she is! XD -Shakes Auki.- Post, child!

Auki
12-23-2009, 08:43 AM
I replied! Oh my god, I finally replied!

-celebrates-

Auki
01-03-2010, 08:36 PM
-waits- ;D

rabbit
01-05-2010, 04:24 AM
-Flail- WOMAN! Do you know how long I had to wait for you?! XD

Posting <3 Tonight or tomorro, depending on how long it takes me

Auki
01-15-2010, 10:21 PM
>.<

rabbit
01-16-2010, 05:14 AM
Huuush! xD I'm working on it! -Flail-

Auki
01-16-2010, 08:55 AM
No rush, no rush >.<
It's not like I reply quickly anyways x)

rabbit
01-16-2010, 10:08 PM
Lmao, true. <3

rabbit
02-01-2010, 03:25 AM
-Flail; harasses Auki.-

rabbit
02-10-2010, 01:10 AM
D: AUKI!

Stream
02-10-2010, 01:19 AM
Why, Auki, why?

Auki
02-10-2010, 04:55 PM
-flail-

~SO SORRY BLISS~ -begs forgiveness-
Do you mind if after I've reacted to Amanda, if I do some kind of time-skip? I think it'll get me remotivated <3

D:

I didn't realise I'd put this off so long...

rabbit
02-11-2010, 01:50 AM
>.< Yes! Time skip! Anything! -Rushes along; pulls out of recycling.-

Auki
02-11-2010, 09:17 AM
Haha, I posted! >D
Feel free to advance the pair's journey as much you want - Boat journey, arrival, etc.

;D

rabbit
02-14-2010, 05:15 AM
Oh lawd, lol, I don't like doing that! xD Posted anyways.

Auki
02-14-2010, 07:39 PM
Awww, you sure? I'd hate to be the only one advancing the plot throughout this xD
Only 'cause I'm so bad at it...

Been trying to conjure a post up but I'm voluteering for a hospital at the moment and it's taking up a lot of my energy and pretty much all my time. Should hopefully be able to post some evening soon...hopefully x)

You suuuuuure you don't want to brainstorm some plot ideas while we're waiting? >.<

rabbit
02-14-2010, 10:30 PM
Lol, I prefer to follow other's! I can't help it and I definately don't want to run the chance of messing up something in the plot you already have in mind. Plus, you're doing so well, Auki! :3 I wuv you! -Huggles.-

And, good luck with the hospital thing - it's ver nice of you. I can't stand hospitals, personally, too... Much of a little bit of everything, you know? At least, in my eyes. Too much death, too sterile, too many smells, too many lingering emotions, too many people, and for someone like me, the chance of running into someone who is bleeding is way too high. I don't do too well with blood. I'd end up being a patient rather than an aid.

Auki
02-15-2010, 07:13 PM
Haha, I'm working in Physiotherapy at the moment, so no bloodz for me x)
Worked in a Veterinary Clinic last week; watched surgerys and all. That was...slightly gruesome - Hate the smell xD

-tries to find the time to post-
I think I might be able to tomorrow >D

rabbit
02-17-2010, 01:53 AM
Yaaaaaay! -Jumps for joy- Post Auki, post!

Auki
02-19-2010, 11:43 AM
I have posted! We have offically reached Sekovia ;D

rabbit
02-21-2010, 12:37 AM
:3 Woooot! Posted!

Auki
02-22-2010, 07:59 PM
Y'know, the more you advance the plot, the quicker I'll be able to reply.
At the moment, I'm trying my best to form something and...struggling xD
I'll give it another go tomorrow I guess o......o

rabbit
02-23-2010, 01:51 AM
I'm sorry! xD I just have no idea what to do! Lol!

rabbit
03-03-2010, 02:22 AM
-Flail-

rabbit
03-10-2010, 02:26 AM
So, I obviously can't drag the IC out of recycling again if it gets recycled before you post again, Auki...

Auki
03-10-2010, 08:55 PM
I...don't know what to reply. Seriously. I keep staring at the IC every day but I'm drawing blanks each time...

I swear I'm trying and I feel so bad that I can't think of anything -fail as a writer much-

Ugh...

rabbit
03-11-2010, 03:47 AM
It's ok <3 Was just letting you know.

rabbit
04-04-2010, 12:56 AM
; . ; -Pokepokepoke-

Auki
04-04-2010, 07:52 AM
Okaaaaaaay~
I'll drag it out of the recycle box when I've written up a post.
Just...I don't know....be more plot-advance-y with me when I do - Simply because I'm a bit plot brain-dead at the moment xD

I have a real urge to continue with this for some reason though; just reading back through the IC. I forget how much I like Darnel and Amanda as characters. Don't give up on me!

Maybeh we should brainstorm ideas o.o
Or just continue on blindly.
Whatever works for you m'dear~

---

Edit: I did it! It wasn't even difficult for me to work up a reply - I've missed Darnel xD
Also remembered that the guy promised to ask Amanda out...

Quote Darnel: “And if I make it back safely and I still ain’t scored with the other girls, I’ll ask you out, yeah?”

So...yeah xD

rabbit
04-05-2010, 01:07 AM
Haha, ok, well, before I post, lets talk about what we should do? >.>; I'm not very good with plots! Aaaah!

Auki
04-06-2010, 07:40 AM
D'awww but we can continue posting up to the next morning at least x)

And I'm not great at plots either! I mean, they've got to go back to the inn and pick up a couple horses the next morning. Perhaps they overhear the citizens talking about a growing Predator army ready to attack Paradise and blocking off all paths into it? The bandits might be recruiting mercenaries for the army? Darnel and Amanda might try to infiltrate them so as to quickly reach Paradise before chaos breaks out?

...Throwing out an idea here x)

rabbit
04-07-2010, 12:24 AM
Hm... I like it! :3 Now... Just how to post it... -Rubs the back of her head.-

Auki
04-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Heh, well for the moment Darnel is just eager to order some alcoholz and get 'keeping his promise' over and done with. So no need to plan too far ahead with your post x)
True plot advancement will begin the following morning :3

Auki
04-30-2010, 06:36 AM
</3

rabbit
05-30-2010, 01:18 AM
Soooo sorry! ; . ; I sent you an IM ♥

rabbit
05-31-2010, 02:26 AM
Ok, I'ma get on the reply, like, now. Lol

Auki
05-31-2010, 07:42 AM
I can't wait~ C:
And thinking about it, it'll be awesome if Darnel and Amanda are the first to make the Private Hall of Fame x)

rabbit
05-31-2010, 08:55 PM
Seriously! -Punches air.-

rabbit
05-31-2010, 11:59 PM
Wheee~ Posted! :D GOGOGOGOGO! Lol

I left it open for talk at the table, cause I know Darnel had things to say

* And liquor to consume

Auki
06-01-2010, 06:48 AM
Heh, so awesome~ <3
I'll get round to typing something up asap.

Seeing as the conversation might be a long one, do you want to co-op it over PMs? Easier than writing it out individually x)

rabbit
06-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Suresure. :] Sounds like a plan, ma'am

Auki
06-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Awaiting your reply x)
This co-op post may take a while to write but it should be worth it in the end~

rabbit
06-04-2010, 11:33 PM
ayeayeaye x.x I'ma have to get to it sometime tonight or Sunday. I gave blood today and Saturday is the party I was talking about and Sunday I actualy am free, so... Haha.

rabbit
07-06-2010, 01:15 AM
-flail-

Auki
07-06-2010, 03:45 PM
It hasn't even been a week since your last post yet! xD

Bah, I know, I'm being slow. Really, I am sorry. I'll try and type up a post when I get back from the hospital this evening.

Edit: Managed to get it up before I left. Feel free to skip the roleplay along to desert and whatever they're discussing then.

Auki
08-05-2010, 07:17 AM
~bump~

'Cause we're continuing this on at some point as far as I'm aware.