PDA

View Full Version : [M] Mythic: The Portal.

Ace of Hearts™
10-06-2010, 03:50 AM
Rated M for violence, language, some religious material, gore, yadda yadda.

We all know that myths were usually created for entertainment, but, how does one think one up? Why did someone just say "What if there was a creature with the body of a man, but the head of a Bull?" Why are these idea the way they are? What is the bases of creation? What if, just what if, these beings were real? Dragons, Werewolves, Phoenix Birds, anything? They are, or, they were, until the gods sealed them within another realm.

It all started with a gathering of all gods of all religions. Zeus, being the most influential, led the meeting. They were to discuss the state of the planet, and the followers of each respective religion. Monsters were terrorizing the lands, and needed to be vanquished. Zeus and the rest of the figures of the world decided to gather all the now mythic beings and sealed them within their own realm. They tried to erase all documentation of the creatures from history, but many stories persisted, to their unknowing. Taking a sigh of relief, they forgot about the realm, going back to rule over their lands and people.

That was over a little over 2,000 years ago.

Maybe things brought the plague on the world. First, it was the discovery of the same language across the planet. In China, South America, Australia, it didn't matter. They all had the same characters and symbols. This was originally called the Aerithic language. Historians and Scientists studied this for months, seeing that is was comprised of many. Little did they know, these were sealed portals to the realm that the Gods had locked the creatures within.

As they deciphered the messages, they unwittingly opened the portals. The portals were to be long forgotten, and the language dead. That should have ensured that they never open. The message was, "By the order of the Gods, may these beings be forever sealed." In the Gods haste, they forgot to make sure that the portals never opened. The same words on the 'doorways' as the Scientists called them, also reactivated them, five in all, spread around the globe. This message was broadcast across the world. The portals, which were being excavated, opened, spilling forth monsters.

It happened so quickly, no one knew what to make of it. The initial reports were determined false, until the portals opened in America and Europe. Cities were overrun Griffons, Minotaurs, Hellhounds, and other beings of the old stories. The military could not handle the mythic beings, with all their strengths and power. Government eventually evolved into camps for refugees, or bandits stealing from the refugees. The portals also released the ones known as 'Titans', the most powerful and well known of all of the beasts.
One titan to a portal. One story said that, if a titan was killed, the portal it came from would close, but this was thought of a rumor, as the government couldn't bother to try anything.

Some people weren't so apathetic. Even some of the more, intelligent creatures of myth, able to think, wanted to go back to their realm. They banded together, to form a sort of militia, aiming at killing the titans. The Free Realm Pact. This was comprised of Humans mostly, but many Centaurs and Fauns were eligible to join, if the intention was to return the world back to it's normal state. It was close to a lost cause, as they were worse off than the actually trained military. You happen to be a member of this movement, currently battling werewolves in London. One of the first Titans, The Kraken, has taken up residence in the River Thames. This beast Terrorizes the water ways, and the surrounding area with its tentacles. The goal is to move from titan to titan, closing portals as they fall. Last hope for humanity, TFRP, and certain members stand in the way of certain destruction or the liberation of the world.

Werewolves: Fairly fast and powerful, but .44 silver magnum rounds put them in their place.

Harpy: Identified by the loud shriek they make finding prey. More fast than powerful, but are usually taken care of with melee weapons.

Skeletons: Weak and slow, their fearsomness comes in numbers, serving as 'grunts' of the army.

Minotaur: Big ass mofo's. They are the power house of the beasts. They can crash through walls and certain metals. Due to lack of speed, they are best handled with firearms from afar.

Griffons: Flying high in the sky, they attack by swooping and either grabbing or biting. Easy to take out with a Machine Gun or a rocket launcher, if one is on hand. Or, you could be a hero and jump upon its back and slice it's neck.

Basilisk: Can stare you to death. Slow and not particularity strong, they only way to fight it is to abandon you most used sense of sight.

The Phoenix: While not necessarily docile, it won't attack without being provoked. It is a noble bird with fire abilities. If controlled, they could be decent allies.

The Naga: A sort of cousin to the basilisk, they have the body of a snake, and the head or body of a human. Can use weapons and able of thought, they are usually evil in nature.

Succubus/Incubus: Demons of a sexual nature, they are cunning and can easily lead the opposite gender astray. Also have the ability to use weapons.

Fairy: Little mischievous beings. Small and can hide easily, if you lose something you know you had, chances are a Fairly took it.

Wraiths: Tall skeletal creatures shrowded in blood red silk over thier decaying bones, the eyes burn with the unatural fire of the undead. The wraiths can move silently and quickly there favoured method of attack being snapping the neck of an unsuspecting target although they are able to use thier long talons as a last resort if discovered.Wraiths are agressive but calculating and will wait for an opportune moment to attack before revealing itself showing signs of a malicious intelligence. The black evil that controls the wraiths like sinister marrianettes dissipates when exposed to bright light meaning that wriaths stick to the shadows and well it areas.

If you have any other suggestions for creatures, by all means, ask and it might be added.

The Kraken: A large fish-man type monster, it uses it's strength and many tentacles to devastate areas. It doesn't have many weaknesses, but relies heavily on water to travel. If the water was gone, it couldn't move, and be free for a fire-fest.

And that's all I have. I will add more the other four before the IC, but if anyone has any ideas...

Name:

Race: (Human, Faun, Centaur.)

Weapons:(Guns and swords, for the most part. Bows and Arrows I will allow, too.)

Personality:

Bio:(If you do pick the beast race, I will allow you to have some creative power behind the realm, such as creating cities and whatnot.)

Rules: I think we all know...
I am GM, what I say goes.
No killing peoples characters with permission.
Have some trouble taking on Minotaurs and shit, you ain't Chuck Norris.
2 Paragraph minimum, you wanna go higher, more power to you.
Have some fun!

Griphun
10-06-2010, 04:02 AM
I'll definitely set my CS tomorrow :D keep a spot for me :) I want to put alot of thought into it.

Ace of Hearts™
10-06-2010, 04:04 AM
Spot is reserved. I don't really have a set number of people to join, but I'd like at least six.

John
10-06-2010, 04:27 AM
The Kraken: A large fish-man type monster, it uses it's strength and many tentacles to devastate areas. It doesn't have many weaknesses, but relies heavily on water to travel. If the water was gone, it couldn't move, and be free for a fire-fest.

And that's all I have. I will add more the other four before the IC, but if anyone has any ideas...

Prometheus, Epimethius, Atlas

Ace of Hearts™
10-06-2010, 04:30 AM
I didn't mean we'd be slaughtering gods, just epic monsters.

John
10-06-2010, 04:31 AM
You wanted ideas for Titans. Those are three. But if you want more monstery type Titans, how about Cerberus?

Ace of Hearts™
10-06-2010, 04:33 AM
I'm just saying, if the gods wanted the monsters gone, why would they pull such a douche move? And yeah, Cerberus crossed my mind, and I probably will put them in. See what I did there?

ILYTH
10-06-2010, 04:45 AM
Name: Weisse (Vice)

Race: Wraith (cleared it up with Shadow Strike)

Weapons: Weiss uses only it's hands and the murderously curled black tallons upont them to sate it's lust for blood. The main weapon of use to Weiss is the shadows under the eaves and terraces of London's densely crowded streets and grand buildings, this weapon is also Weiss' only hope for survival as the direct light of the sun weakens and eventually severs the connection to the mortal skeleton Weiss posesses, if this connection is broken Weiss will be sent tumbling back into the realm of nothingness and restless spirits. Weiss will pick up and use whatever it can in times of need though be it farming equipment or other impliments although not firearms as the reciol would damage Weiss' boney frame.

Personality: Weiss is somewhat a loner amongst wriaths, his bitterness and anger corrupting the malestrom of pure malice that is the collective spirit of the Wraiths as until they posess a host (always skeletons as the living have to much will for the spirits to dominate) the spirit of the wraiths is a form of multiple conciousness forming into one malevolent yet ultimately impotent presence. While in the mortal world Weiss preffers to hunt alone preying on the weak stragglers in fleeing groups of refugees and those foolishness to travel alone. Like all beasts Weiss is under the dominion of the Titans and will fight to the death for thier well being. Weiss delights in the fea and terror of it's victims, playing on the human perception of deathas closeness of wraiths to the form of death itself to scare it's prey into the shadows abnd it's doom.

Bio: Weiss began life as any wraith does, as a unique feeling of the wraith greater Wraith Conciesness and spent the early part of it's life corrupting the thoughts and feelings of the conciousness towards rage at the physical world and bitterness at the wraith's ephemeral nature as this was the feeling that first spawned Weiss. This will for disruption and action made Weiss unpopular agaisnt more conformist wraiths within the coniousness necessitating him to travel alone rather than in the usual packs of four wraiths hunt in when in the physical world. After the opening of the portal's weiss found itself the body of a tall thin man who had died in the peak of his life making Weiss a quite imposing figure but due to the Wraith Conciousness' disdain for Weiss the connection to the body is weaker meaning that less direct light could sever the link between Wiess and it's physical form. Weiss participated in the first assault on mortal forces and used the cloud cover of the day to wreak havok amongst isolated units. Wiess now hunts alone for any sign of resistance agiasnt the supreme will of the titans, killing as it goes.

Ace of Hearts™
10-06-2010, 04:48 AM
Accepted.

Dr. Dream
10-07-2010, 12:44 AM
Reserved

Griphun
10-07-2010, 02:31 AM
Name: Paer (Pronounced as Pie - Ear)

Race: Faun

Weapons: Bow and Arrows, Two Sabers, War Horn.

Personality: Despite training as a harden warrior, Paer is a very soft person. When not killing, he is caring. He is an expert at first aid and music. He knows when something is upsetting someone and has a strong sense of direction, since Fauns used to live off the land.

Bio: He trained for many many years in an academy in a city of which can no longer be remembered. He wear plate, but with suck agility he might as well be wearing cloth. When the world started to go down in flames, he rose up to challenged these beasts, even if it costs him his life. He kills with no remorse, or second thought. At the end of the day, when he is drenched in the blood of his enemies he knows he is accomplished.

He knows that one day these creatures will take his life, but that doesn't stop him. He will not lay down and die for these creatures to take him into the underworld itself. He's not afraid to die. In fact, he was trained to die and he be damned if he didn't. The glory of fighting is you never know how the fight will end up..

Appearance:
http://images.elfwood.com/art/b/r/bree/faun.gif

Dr. Dream
10-07-2010, 03:21 AM
XD!! Pie Ear... That is classic! XD

Griphun
10-07-2010, 03:26 AM
Lol thanks :P

Ace of Hearts™
10-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Reversed SS is reserved, and Griphun is accepted.

Dr. Dream
10-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Name: Lucifer Mavarik

Race: Human

Weapons:
- Longsword (http://local.coldweapon.org/pics/hoplite_sword.jpg), this Longsword was in the Mavarik family for years it was passed down to Lucifer when he turned fourteen. He used the sword so much that he developed a bond with it, he uses no other sword.

- Dagger (http://www.mountainhollow.net/images/dagger%20flame%20ebony-damascus%20collab.%20ray%20smith.JPG), just your average run of the mill dagger.

Personality:
- Lucifer is a kind an caring man who will always fight for fellow mankind. He is very noble and proud and tries to never make enemies, he will treat most with utmost respect but those who try to be on Lucifer's bad side will usually be treated with a blade to the throat.

Bio:
- Lucifer was born when the beasts roamed the earth. His father taught him how to be a warrior while he was a child but instead of becoming a warrior Lucifer used his skills to become a hunter. He lived to hunt and hunted to live until he meet Alexandra, when he laid eyes on her he knew it was love at first sight. He praised her and treated her like she was a goddess and eventually one her heart. They married and had a daughter who they name Samantha. Lucifer continued on being a hunter as it brought in good money for the family. But one day while he was hunting in the forest he was attacked by a Minotaur, he fought in a brutal fight and was almost killed, but before the Minotaur gave his killing blow a bright light appeared and when it went away Lucifer found himself in a completely new world. The buildings were larger, there were so many lights, people were dressed in strange clothing. When Lucifer saw this he almost went insane, he walked around in this new world for a while and was laughed at by many people. He eventually came to the conclusion that he was in a new world, his family was no more.

WordsofWisdom
10-08-2010, 05:54 PM
I am reserving a spot make your time.

Ha ha ha.

Ace of Hearts™
10-08-2010, 05:57 PM
Other me, accepted, and WoW spot is reserved.

spirits breath
10-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Hey, this looks quite interesting. Reminded me of a failed attempt at something similar. And by failed, I mean the only people who looked at it was the other person who planned it.
But in the meantime, have you thought about submitting it for roleplay of the week? Should bring more people into this.(sadly I cannot myself at the current time as I am in my limit of RP's right now. one of them about to get really busy soon) And i might add, if you would like to submit it, here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975)or put your RP in The Spotlight (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=306170#post306170) to help attract players?

It could help get more. Especialy since this feels like you need more than three people for it. (not counting the reservations)