PDA

View Full Version : [M] The Game of Life

Neutrally Chaotic
11-05-2015, 12:50 AM
Rated M for several reasons, most of which involve kidnapping, violence, probable death, and a lot of other mysterious things that will be explained in more detail throughout the roleplay.
Somewhere deep in the world bordering dream and reality, a god gets bored. His life up until then was a dull monotonous thing, like that of a ticking clock. So he comes up with a game. The god, who self ordains himself as "The Gamekeeper", plucks several people from both worlds out of their homes and lives, setting them down on his own personal chessboard. The goal of this game seems simple enough, but will there be any participants alive to complete it? We will just have to wait and see now won't we?
Good luck and may you survive it till the end...

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Okay you lovely peoples! I very much appreciate your interest in this thread and hope that you enjoy the concept as much as I do. The goal will be mentioned at the start of the roleplay and while it will perhaps seem easy enough, horrors await those who dare to play. I understand that you'll perhaps be wishing for me to get on with it so here you go! Character sheet coming right up!

Character sheet

Name:
Appearance:
Which world did you come from: ((Dream or Reality? I want a sort of semi-euivalent number from each world.))
Previous occupation:
Life before the game:

So that's pretty much it. I'll put up the character sheet for the Gamekeeper soon enough and I really do hope people take an interest in this. I've had this idea for a while and it was still forming. I only now figured out what I wanted to do with it.

Minkasha
11-05-2015, 02:48 AM
Can you please flesh this a out a little more?

What realities do the cast members come from?

By 'his personal chessboard' how literal is that? Where are they actually placed?

SieAngel
11-05-2015, 03:17 AM
I am interested, I'll probably start working on my character soon.

Neutrally Chaotic
11-05-2015, 03:30 AM
@Minkasha: Well, I suppose the cast members came from our world in its current time but it would be interesting to have some from the dream world too. As for the chessboard, I imagine it to be semi-literal in the fact that the place has the look of a chessboard but the characters themselves end up in a huge mansion where everything starts. I dunno. Something like that is what I as thinking.

@Sie-21st: Woo hoo! I can't wait to see it! I'll have to put up the character sheet for the gamekeeper while I'm thinking about it.

Froggy
11-06-2015, 03:51 AM
Congratulations!

Your thread has been featured as:

http://oi43.tinypic.com/2v9azv8.jpg (http://role-player.net/forum/cmps_index.php)
For the week of 11/05/2015

Neutrally Chaotic
11-06-2015, 11:32 AM
Oh wow. Really? QwQ

Kicks
11-09-2015, 01:24 AM
http://i.imgur.com/8OU9uBS.png

Looks like you got a mighty fine RP going on here! May I suggest some resources down below to help spread the word about your piece of beauty?

The RP of the week as I am sure you are aware, is a resource for players to see what kind of RPs are spotlighted for the week! These RPs are featured on the homepage of RPA! Just send in a request to your friendly staff member, including a banner which you can get help with over at the banner shop.

RPG Directory is another great way to draw in more players! Head on over if you're looking to interest more players!

Last but not least, you can ask any of the staff to feature your game in their signature!

Neutrally Chaotic
11-09-2015, 01:44 AM
Okay. Thank you very much. I'll be sure to keep that in mind.