PDA

View Full Version : RPA Secret Santa

Megilwen
11-07-2015, 06:31 PM
Over the last few years, online Secret Santa groups have really taken off. Reddit Secret Santa is on it's 7th, with people like Bill Gates and other celebrities participating. Imgur started their's last year (and I participated here's an example (http://imgur.com/gallery/Ora5K) of what you can expect if you get me for your Secret Santa :) ). I know there are a lot of other crafty people here on imgur, PK, Giggles, Sin, Haya, and many others. All with a variety of skills. I'm sure many of you also like to make people happy. I would make boxes of cookies to just send people if I had people to send them to!

So in that giving spirit, I'm here to propose an RPA Secret Santa. Now, I know the idea of sharing your address with online "strangers" can make some of you nervous and you're like "I don't want to do this". Well don't close the thread. I'm proposing two options. Physical gifts (for those of you who are okay with sharing your address) and digital gifts (for those that don't).

Option 1: Physical Secret Santa (18+ members)

[Note: Do not share your adress with us if you are blow 18. This was personally requested by the staff and we shall respect it.]

There will be some rules.
1. Do not post your address in the thread. You will be PMing your addresses to me, as this is a member run event. I will be writing them down on a physical piece of paper and immediately deleting the PM. After I've distributed the address to the appropriate people then I will be feeding the list to my dog (jk I'll just be shredding the lists into a bazillion tiny pieces).

2. We'll have a minimum gift cost at $10. You can spend more if you'd like, but I don't want this to be a strain on people's wallets. Also to help with costs, the post office's flat rate boxes always make shipping cheaper.

Note: This doesn't mean go buy something for $10, though you can purchase something for them if you'd rather buy your gift. Most crafters keep a supply of craft material naturally. Use things you already have. I have like 30 skeins of yarn. If I knit a scarf that could be a $10 value and you don't have to go buy anything because you already have it. Think of it as if you were to make something and sell it on Etsy how much would you sell it for?

Example Ideas: Make something if your crafty. Buy a book if your Secret Santa likes to read. Send them a Steam game if they like to game. There are plenty of options here for a variety of budgets.

3. Make your Secret Santa their gift and have shipped in time to get there before Christmas. Reddit's Secret Santa recommends shipping before December 11th to ensure on time delivery.

For the Physical group. When we get closer, I plan on making a thread where everyone can take pictures to share their totally awesome gifts for everyone to see. Now this won't be mandatory. So if you don't want your gift shared, just let your Secret Santa know not to post it.

Also because this takes a bit of planning, I'm limiting your sign-up time for the Physical group. Please, if you want to participate. Sign up by November 23rd. We'll get you your partner within a few days afterward.

Option 2: Digital Secret Santa

1. Sign up here.

2. Look for your Secret Santa Assignment in a PM from Griffin/XMAS SPIRIT

3. Make your Secret Santa their gift or gifts.

Example gifts: Steam game codes, picture, sig/avi set, personally recorded version of a favorite song, etc

4. All gifts should be sent before Dec 25.

For the Digital group. If you'd like to do more than one gift and would like to keep your identity a secret while you go about lavishing your Secret Santa, feel free to use myself or XMAS SPIRIT as a middle man. It's always fun trying to figure out who your Secret Santa is! PLEASE NOTE: THIS OPTION REQUIRES NO EXCHANGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION! It's only using the PM system here on RPA.

Now you maybe worried that you'll get something you don't want but no worries that's what the interest form is for! When you sign up, post the following form on the thread and your Secret Santa will know some things your interested in, so that your gift will be PERFECT for you. I'll link everyone's form here on the first page so that things don't get lost in the threads later.

Username:
Secret Santa Group: (Physical, Digital, or Both)
Interests:
Dislikes:
Allergies: (only if you're participating in the physical group in case of food/cookies/chocolates/etc being sent)

Physical/Digital: Digital
Interests: Videogames (Steam/PC, PS3, PS4), Artbooks, Drawings, Final Fantasy, Dragons, Ninjas (duh), Steampunk.
Dislikes: Grinches! (lol)

Secret Santa Group: Both
Interests: All forms of the loosest definition of art, highly exotic weapons, members (just send yourself.) anything else you can think of.
Dislikes: Food gifts are the worst.
Allergies: Temmiez

Interests: Anything handmade is wonderful, jewelry, Japanese anything, fantasy stuff, unicorns/horses, art, crafty stuff, books (my favorite is The Mortal Instruments), nature/natural stuff, mermaids, green things, cute/derpy stuff, food.
Dislikes: Can't think of any...
Allergies: Dust, pollen, cat dander (jk)

Group: Digital
Interests: VIDJA GAMES (especially Blizzard ones <3), Star Trek, dragons, Firefly, anime, Halo, Elder Scrolls, anything sci-fi/fantasy, art, and I have a Steam & a Battle.net account
Dislikes: Uh... idk lol
Allergies: N/A

Secret Santa Group: Digital
Interest: word puzzles, pencils, pictures of places, nature, the idea of candles (not the physical object), reading in general, good movie suggestions, any genre. Calligraphy (I'd love to learn a new font, or see other's work)
Dislikes: vampires, werewolves, zombies, regular sudoku really gross and crude stuff, do not have steam.

Interests: uuuhhmmm... I like drawing, anime, music and homestuck. I guess.
Dislikes: Broccoli. I hate broccoli.

Interests: Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Firefly, Murder mysteries (eg Agatha Christie), Marvel comics, Musicals, Space/Sci-fi, The Beatles, The Beach Boys, The Monkees, Johnny Cash, They Might Be Giants and last but not at all least Disney!
(I'm sorry I like so many things and when I start a list I can't stop, cry cry)
Dislikes: Anime, Youtubers, MCR and FOB and all that jazz, TOMATOES.

Secret Santa Group: Doesn't matter
Interests: Baking, drawing, sketching, writing, reading, rock climbing, music (classical, folk, music that has a strong beat, a lot of feeling or passion put into it), learning (especially seemingly random facts), Animals!
Dislikes: Cussing, Rap (not all rap, but most "modern", trolling for the sake of trolling, not tasting your food when you make it (weekend before last made myself go cross-eyed when making icing), people who just try to not understand, misinformation (<-major pet peeve of mine)
Allergies: Just a medicine I forget about, until I fill things like this out. Isn't a problem

Interests: Handmade stuff, Food(specially baked sweets), books(fiction/science fiction (currently enjoying chronicles of nick and game of thrones also loved Enders Game), games(Action, Adventure,Shooter PC/PS3/PS4 Starwars battlefront is coming), arts & crafts, Music, Dragons, Fire, Phoenix, Puzzles, board games, nature, traveling, movies, anime, mixed martial arts, psychology..... i have to many interests wahhahahahh
Dislikesoredom... Oh and beans T-T i hate that that dislike
Allergies: None

Secret Santa Group: (Both but physical sounds like more fun.)
Interests: Doctor Who, LoTRs, Star Trek, Star Wars, Final Fantasy classic and new, Steampunk (yeah total nerd here) bracelets sorta my signature item I always have one on. Angels (duh user name lol) but the more fantasy / Gothic style then heavenly I'm not very religious. Anything with peanut butter or chocolate both together is divine. Coffee, books, dogs, wolves.
Dislikes: Lemons, stuff that is pink
Allergies: Kelp so nothing with seaweed in it please (trust me wasn't fun when I discovered that allergy needless to say I don't like the beach)

Interests: Halo, Gears of War, The Flash, candy (just no coconut so gross!), dragons, wolves, vampires, fantasy (anything fantasy and I will love!), cats, dogs, pokemon, turtles, pocky, anime, books (sci-fy to fantacy), assassins, puzzles (but never seem to have time to finish them Dx), Game of Thrones big fan even though I'm only on season two close to three Winter is coming, card games (uno, phase 10, ect)
Dislikes: Can't think of anything I would really dislike other than the coconut
Allergies: No food allergies what so ever.
(Note: Who ever my secret Santa is, they can use my username with my last name. The mail people know me by that due to I use it for amazon orders haha.)

Splat
11-07-2015, 06:37 PM
So... do I hafta sign up again or something? Or am I good?

Megilwen
11-07-2015, 06:39 PM
Nope I copied over your original form. That goes for everyone that had filled one out so far.

Kris
11-07-2015, 06:40 PM
So... do I hafta sign up again or something? Or am I good?

Yes please. The previous thread been recycled.

Again, sorry for the trouble, and I hope everyone who wants to join this can have fun :)

Megilwen
11-07-2015, 06:43 PM
It would be nice if everyone refilled out the poll (Which I saw you have already Splat thanks) but I have the forms still.

Splat
11-07-2015, 06:47 PM
Okie dokie ;3

Kris
11-07-2015, 06:47 PM
http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww298/merryg/d0a0f67b-522b-463c-911c-f56d339d1614_zpsxgxfz7f9.jpg (https://www.facebook.com/RoleplayAdventures)

m139
11-07-2015, 06:53 PM
my form is still the same as above...

And I am so tempted just to put "bah humbug" in the poll because it's an option...

Megilwen
11-07-2015, 06:57 PM
lol XD

Icedream
11-07-2015, 07:26 PM
Bonus points if you know what a humbug is.

Splat
11-07-2015, 07:32 PM
Bonus points if you know what a humbug is.

All I know is that it means "nonsense" lol

Midori-Hime
11-07-2015, 08:06 PM
I'm excited :D

Icedream
11-07-2015, 10:54 PM
XD dangit, I was so close to Physical group.

Megilwen
11-08-2015, 05:38 PM
Remember if you plan on participating in either the physical group or the digital group to fill out the little interest form at the bottom of the page so that your Secret Santa can get some ideas!

Neutrally Chaotic
11-08-2015, 06:55 PM
Username: JayBird
Interests: uuuhhmmm... I like drawing, anime, music, homestuck, doctor who, prince gumball x marshall-lee, yaoi, etc

Wait.. Is that what we were meant to do?

- - - Updated - - -

If so then good... If not then I need to go read over the rules again..?

Megilwen
11-08-2015, 06:59 PM
Interests: uuuhhmmm... I like drawing, anime, music and homestuck. I guess.

Wait.. Is that what we were meant to do?

- - - Updated - - -

If so then good... If not then I need to go read over the rules again..?

Nope that's fine. I just wanted people to kind of have an idea of things you like. So for example they didn't make you a broccoli themed Sig XD.

SherbetTurtle
11-08-2015, 09:07 PM
Username: SherbetTurtle
Interests: Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Firefly, Murder mysteries (eg Agatha Christie), Marvel comics, Musicals, Space/Sci-fi, The Beatles, The Beach Boys, The Monkees, Johnny Cash, They Might Be Giants and last but not at all least Disney!
(I'm sorry I like so many things and when I start a list I can't stop, cry cry)
Dislikes: Anime, Youtubers, MCR and FOB and all that jazz, TOMATOES.

Splat
11-08-2015, 09:19 PM
FIREFLY YASSSSS

Meg, when exactly does this thing start? December?

Megilwen
11-08-2015, 09:28 PM
I'm giving it a while for people to sign up. You'll have your assignment by around Thanksgiving. So you can start working on it after that.

Neutrally Chaotic
11-09-2015, 12:50 AM
Nope that's fine. I just wanted people to kind of have an idea of things you like. So for example they didn't make you a broccoli themed Sig XD.

Yes. That would be quite awful. Broccoli is the thing of nightmares. QnQ

Neutrally Chaotic
11-09-2015, 12:50 AM

Yes. That would be quite awful. Broccoli is the thing of nightmares. QnQ

m139
11-09-2015, 01:44 AM
If someone made me a signature of Broccoli monsters taking over a city I would probably wear it for about a week.
I actually like broccoli. And Broccoli monsters sound cool.

My horror vegetable is actually corn (unless it's still on the cob, roasted, and buttered). And kale. Kale is disgusting.

Splat
11-09-2015, 02:04 AM
I don't know anyone who likes kale xD I don't really like veggies all that much... I prefer fruit <3

Neutrally Chaotic
11-09-2015, 02:43 AM
Oh yeah. Kale is awful. It tastes like leaves and nothing else. Just leaves. Corn is pretty good I suppose but I'm picky about that as well. There are only certain kinds and I won't eat it unless it is as I like it.

Fruit is amazing! I love fruit more than anything! Mangos aren't very much my thing but I can eat them if I have to or if I just want something sweet. My favorite though is strawberries! ((Okay, it's technically a berry but it's delicious and berries are fruits too.))

Splat
11-09-2015, 11:42 AM
RANDOM FACT OF THE DAY:

Strawberries actually aren't berries-- but bananas are. Spooookyyyy

Arcus
11-10-2015, 02:33 AM
Username: Arcus
Secret Santa Group: Doesn't matter
Interests: Baking, drawing, sketching, writing, reading, rock climbing, music (classical, folk, music that has a strong beat, a lot of feeling or passion put into it), learning (especially seemingly random facts), Animals!
Dislikes: Cussing, Rap (not all rap, but most "modern", trolling for the sake of trolling, not tasting your food when you make it (weekend before last made myself go cross-eyed when making icing), people who just try to not understand, misinformation (<-major pet peeve of mine)
Allergies: Just a medicine I forget about, until I fill things like this out. Isn't a problem

Rayfire
11-11-2015, 10:46 AM
Username: Rayfire
Interests: Handmade stuff, Food(specially baked sweets), books(fiction/science fiction (currently enjoying chronicles of nick and game of thrones also loved Enders Game), games(Action, Adventure,Shooter PC/PS3/PS4 Starwars battlefront is coming), arts & crafts, Music, Dragons, Fire, Phoenix, Puzzles, board games, nature, traveling, movies, anime, mixed martial arts, psychology..... i have to many interests wahhahahahh
Dislikes:Boredom... Oh and beans T-T i hate that that dislike
Allergies: None

AngelDellaNotte
11-11-2015, 12:47 PM
I don't know anyone who likes kale xD I don't really like veggies all that much... I prefer fruit <3

I like kale :) My mom makes a Zuppa Toscana soup with kale that is amazing.

Username: Angel Della Notte
Secret Santa Group: (Both but physical sounds like more fun.)
Interests: Doctor Who, LoTRs, Star Trek, Star Wars, Final Fantasy classic and new, Steampunk (yeah total nerd here) bracelets sorta my signature item I always have one on. Angels (duh user name lol) but the more fantasy / Gothic style then heavenly I'm not very religious. Anything with peanut butter or chocolate both together is divine. Coffee, books, dogs, wolves.
Dislikes: Lemons, stuff that is pink
Allergies: Kelp so nothing with seaweed in it please (trust me wasn't fun when I discovered that allergy needless to say I don't like the beach)

Tatsuke
11-13-2015, 06:03 PM
Username: Tatsuke
Interests: Halo, Gears of War, The Flash, candy (just no coconut so gross!), dragons, wolves, vampires, fantasy (anything fantasy and I will love!), cats, dogs, pokemon, turtles, pocky, anime, books (sci-fy to fantacy), assassins, puzzles (but never seem to have time to finish them Dx), Game of Thrones big fan even though I'm only on season two close to three Winter is coming, card games (uno, phase 10, ect)
Dislikes: Can't think of anything I would really dislike other than the coconut X3
Allergies: No food allergies what so ever.
(Note: Who ever my secret Santa is, they can use my username with my last name. The mail people know me by that due to I use it for amazon orders haha.)

Megilwen
11-24-2015, 11:45 PM
LAST CALL FOR SECRET SANTA PARTICIPATION!

I forgot to post a message yesterday. So you get an extra day. XD

Neutrally Chaotic
11-25-2015, 12:11 AM
Yaaayyy!!

I'm gonna go ahead and redo mine real quick to add more interests and such.

Neutrally Chaotic
11-25-2015, 12:17 AM
Interests: Doctor who, Homestuck, Steven Universe, a lot of Anime, drawing, animations, pictures, reading, interesting facts, fruits, veggies, food in general, David Tenant, Matt Smith, Dragons, Unicorns, Phoenixes, Wolves, Tigers, Pandas, Animals in general, etc.
Dislikes: Broccoli, horror stuff

(Of course, if you put a sombrero and a mustache on something that's scary, I will gladly accept it. That's what I picture when something scares me. I picture it with a sombrero and a mustache.)

m139
11-25-2015, 03:31 PM
I'm going to update mine, too. Sometime... In the near future

Icedream
11-27-2015, 02:30 AM
Better do it soon.

m139
11-27-2015, 03:47 AM
Everything's the same, just going to add more stuff on it. So it doesn't matter too much. I'll do it when I can.

Megilwen
12-06-2015, 04:35 AM
1. Do not post your address in the thread. You will be PMing your addresses to me, as this is a member run event. I will be writing them down on a physical piece of paper and immediately deleting the PM. After I've distributed the address to the appropriate people then I will be feeding the list to my dog (jk I'll just be shredding the lists into a bazillion tiny pieces).

As I never received addresses from any of those who which to participate in the physical gift exchange. It will be canceled for this year. For the digital secret santa, I'll be sending out your secret santas tonight.

Arcus
12-06-2015, 05:15 AM
^^ awesome!

m139
12-06-2015, 06:08 AM
Yay!

Tatsuke
12-08-2015, 05:38 AM
Maybe next year say whom to send the address to? It was a bit confusing on that part. :/ Just saying.
Unless I was the only one confused then ignore this XD

Got my Secret Santa now to work on the gift ^^

Megilwen
12-08-2015, 05:48 AM

I didn't receive any addresses so there was confusion. Though I'm honestly confused as to how the rules were confusing. Above is the exact quote from the Rules, where it states where to send the addresses for the physical secret santa.

In order to make things more understandable for next year. Can someone explain where the confusion was? Or was it just a tl;dr thing?

Anti-Hero
12-08-2015, 05:49 AM
Maybe next year say whom to send the address to? It was a bit confusing on that part. :/ Just saying.
Unless I was the only one confused then ignore this XD

Got my Secret Santa now to work on the gift ^^

You will be PMing your addresses to me, (being the OP...the OP being Megilwen.)

Its right there in rule one mate.

Midori-Hime
12-08-2015, 04:03 PM
Well like I said, I didn't know when you wanted us to give you our addresses. It says who to send them to but, in my mind I wasn't sure if we send them when we signed up, or when we got our SS or if you were gonna ask for them.... Etc