PDA

View Full Version : [R] Blood & Fire: Crown of the King

Rha'az
12-07-2015, 02:54 AM
"I... am Numer Morguth. The Embodiment of the Dark, Ruler of the Aesira and the Dark King. I have observed your fragile race since I sit on the throne of my realm, I see you live out your lives and saw your bloody wars. You have lived in a long time of peace and under the protection of the Light. I, shall reap your souls from your lifeless body and torment those who still stands for the Light of Men. I, Numer Morguth shall bring my darkness to you..."

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/5f/43/7f/5f437fc84b61f293a5ae6a9c27dab5ff.jpg
The world of Theros is in terror when the message reached their ears. Fear began to consume the hearts of men. Beasts of the darkness had slain many innocent lives since the Ruler of Aesira had stepped on the sacred world of Theros.

The Order of the Sword had been established in order to combat them. They will fight until the very last drop of blood stains the ground. Their hearts are as courageous as a lion. For the guidance of the Light is always with them.

They fought long enough for the humans to build a city made for the purpose of sheltering refugees during the war between the noble Crusaders and the Black Knights. The city was named as the City of Valour, protected by the mighty Inquisitors of the Brotherhood of Light and the Crusaders of the Order. May the Light guide you in your journeys.

Beyond the walls of the City of Valour, beyond the reach of the Inquisitors' protection, brave men and women of the Order of the Sword had been sent out to reclaim the lost lands of Theros. Blessed by the Empress' guiding Light, none shall stop or corrupt the souls of the Crusaders.

The Herald of the Light

Established with the sole purpose of combating the forces of darkness, the Order stands as the first organization to transform normal humans to superhumans by giving the recruits superhuman attributes such as immunity to diseases, quicker reflexes, vastly extended lifespan, increased strength, more agile and thinks much faster than a normal human being. However, some didn't survive this transformation. And even more during trainings. To be a Crusader one must know the knowledge of monsters they are going to fight. From giants to the menacing spawns of the darkness.
Crusaders do not shun away from magic. Although they are just superhuman knights Crusaders usage of magic are different than those of witches, wizards anf other users of magic. Crusaders uses the 4 spells in battle, which are considered basic spells by greater users of magic. These are Inferno, Barrier, Push and Sight. Inferno grants a Crusader to either engulf his/her weapons in flames or unleash a stream of fire through the hand. Barrier creates a shield that covers them from any attacks in a few seconds. Push grants the Crusader to push an enemy away using a powerful burst of wind.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/jNzVivxXqfk/maxresdefault.jpg
From silver coated swords, arrows and bolts to potions that'll help them in the Crusade. The Crusaders have been known to use silver coated weapons with runic markings to battle the forces of darkness. Because silver is used to symbolize the Light. Although many people believed that pure silver can be made into a sword but the truth is, they can't. That's why blacksmiths coated all Crusader weapons in silver
The symbol of the Order consists of a circle, a sword and a line which intersects the sword in the middle horizontally. The circle, symbolizes the unity of the Order. The sword however symbolizes the courage and bravery of the Crusaders while intersecting line and the sword will form a cross, symbolizing the endless search of salvation from darkness.Some say the Order are the embodiment of the Empress' will. While the Inquisitors are the bringers of the Empress' burning wrath. They are established to protect the City and to lead a few of the Crusaders into battle. However, the Order and the Inquisitors are somehow rivals. Half of the Inquisitors are also superhumans but far more superior in intelligence.
Magic in the organization is restricted only to combat spells, but mainly uses melee weapons. Although magic is somehow rare in the Inquisition, they can use 2 out of the 4 spells. And an Inquisitor can choose the 2 spells they shall use. After choosing the spells, they will be trained according to what spell they have chosen

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/ttgot/images/c/cb/Gregorsword.png/revision/latest?cb=20141207204530
The armory of the Inquisitors are not much different than the more-combat active Crusaders. They mainly use silver coated weapons, potions and usable items like flame bombs.
The symbol of the Inquisitors is the symbol of the sun with a shield behind it. The sub symbolizes the Light and the shield symbolizes the will of the Inquisitors

Miscellaneous Information

The technology level is from medieval times, from swords to crossbows. Magic however can only be used by non-commoners and normal soldiers. This means people like the ruler of the City, the Inquisitors, the Crusaders can use magic. Magic is also thought to be originated from the Empress of Light and dark magic, comes from the Ruler of Aesira.Religion is centered around the Empress of Light, or the Lady of the Sun as some might call her. Believing the Empress is the protector of Theros and the Crusaders as well as Inquisitors are the extension of her will. The Empress' name is written in the Codex of Righteousness as Luxar Thera, the wife to the Dark King.The Empress and the King are husband and wife. But why is the King evil you ask? Well, Theros is actually a prison of a dark and evil entity known only as the Old Evil. The Old Evil, corrupted Numer's mind and turning him against his wife. Leaving Luxar without any choice, she and other deities (total deities is unknown, only two is discovered) created Aesira, the place of darkness. Not even a single ray of light shall ever touch the dark realm of Aesira. From time to time, Numer sent many monsters to take Theros but was held back by a chosen warrior only known as the Empress' Herald. The Prophecy had said that if Numer had taken over Theros, her Herald will rise up against the darkness and finally purge the Old Evil.

Locations
https://scontent-kul1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/12307483_659089217527276_8042787820429661111_o.jpg ?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

Empirus Mordinus
A once glorious city had been established here 2000 years ago but was destroyed by an army of undead. Repelled by the great knights of old, the taint of the undead is stuck within the walls of the city and is inhabitable to normal humans, remaining hostile for humans.
*Location unknown. Said to be North-West from the City

Beyond the Light
A land beyond the reach of the Empress' light where darkness had conquered. Beyond the Light is truly a hostile place for normal humans for the darkness can easily corrupt their minds. Only those who were blessed by the Empress can enter these forbidden lands.

City of Valour
The last human civilization to remain steadfast during the times of darkness. Said to be built under the guidance of the Empress herself, this city shall be the home of Crusaders and the Inquisitors. The ones who will bring the Light back into Theros.

Regis Lux (Latin for the King's Light)
The last remaining fortress of the Crusaders and it holds countless secrets, relics and tomes that is thought to be written by the Empress' Herald himself.

Mons Leonis (Latin for Mountain of the Lion)
Unexplored mountain ranges. Many tried to conquer it but soon find themselves frozen in ice. Said to be the home of the Empress' sister, the Frost Queen.

The Plagued Sea
A sea of giant serpents that swims inside the dark, deep sea. One of them is Charybdis, a monster that consumes any ships that enter its region.

Constantinople
A city that didn't submit to the Light or the Dark. But to Juno, the god of creation in their religion. Constantinople had similar social and political levels to that of Ancient Rome.

Shariz, the City of Sands
The city of bandits and some of them even tried hunting down Charybdis. Located southeast of Constantinople, both of these cities are often at war with each other.

Pantheon of Gods

Luxar Thera, the Empress of Light. Protector of humanity. Created Theros along with another god. Wife to the Ruler of Aesira.

Numer Morguth, the former God of Order. Driven mad by the Old Evil, husband to the Empress. Now bears the titles, the Dark King and Ruler of Aesira.

Xerina Na'ar, the Frost Queen. Sister to the Empress of Light, worshipped by the Free Men of Mons Leonis. Sadistic in nature, but protective to humans.

Mara'al Tihr, the God of Creation. Created Theros alongside the Empress, also known as the Old Great One or the Old One.

Thora Makath, the God of Madness and rival to Mara'al. Responsible for Numer's craving for world domination. Imprisoned deep within Theros. Hated by all of humanity.

Character Skeleton

Name:
Appearance:
Equipments: (Potions and poisons drop here as well as armor)
Skills: (What is your character good at? Archery? Alchemy?)
Weapons:
Goal: (What is your character trying to achieve?)
Personality:
Backstory:

#1: No godmodding! (obviously)
#2: Respect others!
#3: Be active! Seriously, be really active!
#4: Decisions in IC matter!
#5: RPA rules applied!
#6: Try to post in every 2-3 days. I wanted to see active players not players who just freated a character and dumped it.
#7: Have fun!
#8: If you read until here, include "I am the Light" along with your CS

Rha'az
12-07-2015, 03:01 AM
Reserved Character Post

Rafe Barune (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=77892&p=2674226&viewfull=1#post2674226) played by IejirKothar

Kane Grayson (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=77892&p=2674251&viewfull=1#post2674251) played by Rogue Rahz

Ichas Burne (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=77892&p=2684299&viewfull=1#post2684299) played by Dire Hoef

Luma of the Snow (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=77892&p=2676310&viewfull=1#post2676310) played by Sparkz

Kicks
12-07-2015, 05:09 AM
*Pooooooooooookes* another of yours!

http://i.imgur.com/8OU9uBS.png

Looks like you got a mighty fine RP going on here! May I suggest some resources down below to help spread the word about your piece of beauty?

The RP of the week as I am sure you are aware, is a resource for players to see what kind of RPs are spotlighted for the week! These RPs are featured on the homepage of RPA! Just send in a request to your friendly staff member, including a banner which you can get help with over at the banner shop.

RPG Directory is another great way to draw in more players! Head on over if you're looking to interest more players!

Last but not least, you can ask any of the staff to feature your game in their signature!

IejirKothar
12-07-2015, 06:57 AM
cuirous very curious.

IejirKothar
12-07-2015, 07:11 AM
Name: Rafe Barune
Appearance: http://pre08.deviantart.net/1ea2/th/pre/i/2014/286/2/9/khyros___commission_by_mizaeltengu-d82qggb.jpg
Equipments: Chain and Leather armor, plate gauntlets. Vials of alchemists fire.
Skills: Swordplay and magic.
Weapons: Bastard sword/magics
Goal: Rafe is the soul survivor of his family. After passing the trials of the Order he now lives to combat the dark king and his forces.
Personality: Rafe grew up to become a Nihalist. He see's little reason for the hopeful optimisim of most people in the kingdom. The only time he truly feels alive is in the heat of battle and has little paitence for anyone who would seek to avoid direct conflict with their enemy.
Backstory: Rafe was born outside of Valour, back when the city was still new and the common folk were still fleeing for shelter. Rafe was the middle child of his family, his father a retired town guard married toa housewife who had bore him two sons and a young daughter. Rafe was only five when the fiends attacked their wagon. Rafe only survived when the over turned wagon threw him into a river washing him away toward Valour.
It was there that the angry youth was found by the inquisitors and trained to join the order. The tasks and trials turned his hair white, his eyes yellowed and Rafes anger became a somber humor at the nature of his existence. He spends his days now ranging from Valour in search of the dark kings minions hopeing to provoke the dark god into a head on confrontation.

Rha'az
12-07-2015, 07:23 AM
Accepted. Just have to imagine that his clothing don't have the thing at his elbows though.

IejirKothar
12-07-2015, 07:24 AM
are you aware that such armor flourishes are a real thing?

Rha'az
12-07-2015, 07:49 AM
Maybe? Bah. Don't even care. This is an episodic series

IejirKothar
12-07-2015, 08:18 AM
K, it doesn't matter either way but I'm a bit of a nut when it comes to medieval armor and weapons.

Rha'az
12-07-2015, 10:11 AM
Name: Kane Grayson

Appearance:
http://gamingtrend.com/wp-content/screenshots/cradle-concept-art/Cradle-Concept-Art-12.png
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d7/59/b7/d759b758408880c92f742ef51b53a392.jpg
His face

Equipments: The armor shown in picture, iron gauntlets, a few life potions, herbs, fire bombs and a liquid that illuminates during the dark.

Skills: Swordsmanship and a little bit of survival.

Weapons: A bastard sword, a short hammer for backup, and a kite shield.

Goal: End all of this discord and have a life.

Personality: Kane didn't usually care about his surroundings. He only cares about any given orders and he is the guy who is also kills brutally in battle although he didn't seem to like it. He is also short tempered but he always tries to calm himself down.

Backstory: Kane, is a bastard son of a declining noble who is soon abandoned by his father, leaving the mother to take care of Kane until he reached 10. Kane's mother died soon after he celebrated his 10th birthday. Kane didn't remember what happened during the night she was killed but he knows the murderer had an evil heart. Without any parent to raise him as a child he began to steal things from the markets, and get caught occasionally. By the time he reached 21, he began to hunt down his mother's murderer but he was assaulted by the murderer's minions. He was nearly killed if not for the Crusaders that passed by.

The Crusaders tried to take him in many times until Kane himself agreed to join. From the day he joined the Crusaders, he became a master swordsman but he can't beat one man. Rafe.

Sparkz
12-07-2015, 03:47 PM
Okay. I'm back Rahz! (Well... At the end of this week that is. I still got like 2 finals to do)

I'll put up a CS within the week.

Rha'az
12-07-2015, 11:24 PM
Ok! I'm looking forward to it! Plus, I'll be fixing the map just a bit later

Rha'az
12-09-2015, 04:09 AM
When can I expect your CS Sparkz?

Sparkz
12-09-2015, 04:12 AM
Tonight or tomorrow. I just finished my finals today and i am working on it right now.

Rha'az
12-09-2015, 04:54 AM
Good luck for your results!

Sparkz
12-09-2015, 05:08 AM
Name: Luma of the Snow

Appearance:https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/af/8a/4a/af8a4ac35b06762ea80fe86b30dd5d45.jpg

Equipments: Leather chest piece and gauntlets. Light chain mail for easy mobility and protection.

Skills: Archery is her best skill. Her accuracy with a bow transfers over to her knife throwing ability. She is proficient with a sword but it is not her favorite weapon. She knows how to survive off the land. The two spells she knows is Push and Sight.

Weapons: Longbow, silver tipped arrows, a silver coated saxe knife, along with several silver coated throwing knives.

Goal: She's looking for adventure at any turn possible.

Personality: Luma is optimistic to a fault. Even though she came from humble beginnings, she learned that everything always gets better with the right attitude. She loves adventure. Luma is a survivor and will do almost anything to keep on living. Well... almost anything since she was a clear sense of what is right and wrong and will almost never, ever go against her morals.

Backstory: She was abandoned in the dead of winter at the base of Mons Leonis when she was a baby. This was because of her white hair. When she was found by the Free Men and was raised by them. She was almost half dead when she was found and it was a miracle that she was alive.

As she was growing up, she learned how to survive in the mountains and in the forests by herself for days on end. She was also taught rudimentary archery. Once she was of age, she joined the Inquisitors. There she flourished under their tutelage. She improved her archery skills and learned how to throw knifes with almost 100% accuracy. There is no one who is better at archery than her.

- - - Updated - - -

THere it is.

And I did well on my finals. Thank you for the luck!

Rha'az
12-09-2015, 05:15 AM
Accepted. So far, we have 3 characters on board

Rha'az
12-10-2015, 12:58 AM
Anyone else joining?

Rha'az
12-11-2015, 05:34 AM
So... Just the three of us?

Sparkz
12-11-2015, 05:35 AM
i think so.

Rha'az
12-11-2015, 05:37 AM
*sigh* that sucked. IC will be up later on

Froggy
12-19-2015, 03:42 AM
Congratulations!

Your thread has been featured as:

http://oi43.tinypic.com/2v9azv8.jpg (http://role-player.net/forum/cmps_index.php)
For the week of 12/17/2015

Dire Hoef
12-20-2015, 05:53 AM
http://i49.tinypic.com/2mpwkg5.jpg
⋘One may fear the coming of the tides, for it brings blood and despair. However, it only comes with the tide because war and other anomalies had birthed its coming. That, in the Light of the Empress, could anyone come to know the true meaning of life...⋙

Name: Ichas Burne

Equipments

Minor Healing Potions: With the drop of this blood-red elixir, it can rejuvenate the body and heal any of minor injuries that have been inflicted upon them. Those injuries can include scars, scraps, and even bruises. (x4)
Major Healing Potions: With the drop of this blood-red elixir, it can replenish the body with a single drop and heal all wounds that are inflicted upon them. These wounds, and/or injuries, can include sword slashes and broken bones. (x2)
Steel Plate: The armor, specially made by some blacksmith Ichas had command, is made of steel with an extra added layer of chainmail underneath.

Skills

Swordsmanship
Survival
Naturalist

Stats

Strength: 14 (+2)
Dexterity: 14 (+2)
Constitution:10
Intelligence: 13 (+1)
Wisdom: 11
Charisma: 8

Weapons

Great Sword

Goal: He wants to save the world from the erupting chaos that has plagued the land.

Personality

Ichas is a strong man at heart. His will and strength to brace the unexpected makes him a well-fought warrior in the realms of battle. However, do to some unexpected shortcomings in his life, he has been molded into an untrustworthy asset in battle. He doesn't seem to be the one you could put your trust in, when it is needed most. But that's due to his trust problems as he has been betrayed several times over - betrayals that nearly costed his life. (Will develop as the story progresses)

Backstory

Living in a village that was just before the "Land that was Beyond The Light" was rough for young Ichas. Terrors and other forms of dangers plagued those north fronts. Walls, that were based towards the north of his village, were posted in order to keep those dangers from leaking into their sanctum. However, life was not as easy as some might think. Those walls would constantly leak darkness into the villages that dare make settlement here. And that darkness would corrupt the city people, causing many to exile them or straight up murder them. These heinous acts were at the witness of Ichas which has caused his mind to suppress the strong desires of redemption by the Empress. He wanted to forget those times as he was an only child. His childhood, seeing those acts, was plagued with misfortune. The death of his mother and father, his time as an orphan, and other misfortune that he does not speak of all happened to young Ichas to make him into the warrior he is now.

He eventually left his home village to travel throughout southern lands...

⋘This is my character so far... Will finish tomorrow...⋙

Rha'az
12-21-2015, 02:54 PM
Great! Hoef! Big Three again? XD

Dire Hoef
12-21-2015, 09:02 PM
You know it... I like this one!

Sparkz
12-21-2015, 09:22 PM
Yay! Now it's a party!

Dire Hoef
12-21-2015, 09:33 PM
Also done with my character... Not my best work, but it's there no less!

Rha'az
12-22-2015, 01:22 AM
Accepted! Accepting characters for a few more days.

Dire Hoef
12-22-2015, 04:22 AM
The Big Three shall triumph!

Rha'az
12-22-2015, 10:36 AM
Yup XD. Just to remind y'all, this is episodic

Sparkz
12-23-2015, 01:31 AM
Oooooo! Fun!

Rha'az
12-23-2015, 02:11 AM
http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=78149&p=2685788#post2685788
Go on. Post your move!

Rha'az
12-23-2015, 11:49 PM
Can someone take care of Iejir's character?

Dire Hoef
12-24-2015, 02:34 AM
Sparkz might be up to the task.

Sparkz
12-24-2015, 02:57 AM
I guess. Is he gone for the holidays or something?

Dire Hoef
12-24-2015, 03:02 AM
Seems like it.

Rha'az
12-24-2015, 03:03 AM
Probably

Sparkz
12-24-2015, 03:04 AM
Okay. I'll post with his reply shortly.

Rha'az
12-24-2015, 03:44 PM
Remember folks, decisions matter throughout the episodes. Also, Hoef did the mods took away your grey colored name?

Dire Hoef
12-24-2015, 07:18 PM
Remember folks, decisions matter throughout the episodes. Also, Hoef did the mods took away your grey colored name?

That's for Member of the Month. Which was last month.

Rha'az
12-25-2015, 02:29 AM
Oooooohhh

Rha'az
01-01-2016, 04:06 AM
Alright. Episode 1 is wrapping up! Prepare for the next episode!

IejirKothar
01-01-2016, 06:02 AM
shite I guess this is what happens when you stop tracking things, guess Rafe will have to appear in episode two lol.

IejirKothar
01-01-2016, 06:25 AM
Sparkz did well, though Rafe will revist these 'abominations' in the future.
depending on how the chapter two battle goes some people with similar powers to our own might be good shock troops for Rafes batallion. a cavalry and spell slinging warriors.... IT WILL BE GLORIOUS

Rha'az
01-01-2016, 08:44 AM
Sweet. I'm waiting everyone's final post before heading into Ep2

Sparkz
01-01-2016, 12:10 PM
Thank you. I tried not to be too wild with your character since I didn't know what you had in mind

Rha'az
01-02-2016, 01:14 AM
Now, we have to wait for Hoef

Rha'az
01-02-2016, 02:21 AM
Looks like everyone's posted. Episode 2 will be up soon.