PDA

View Full Version : A World on Fire (OOC Signups!)

Rubes
10-13-2010, 03:43 AM
(More applications can be submitted, and applicants will be picked up a different settlement.)

Imagine it. This is life in 2022, ten years after the apocalypse, 5 years into nuclear winter.

Nuclear war was inevitable, however you look. Too many people, not enough resources…

It has been at least five days since the last trader came through with wood, and the rich took it all. Five froze to death last night. You are the lowest class in a ‘classless’ society. The cold is getting unbearable; you have to sleep in the farmer’s barn, with his animals and do not get caught at night.

Though this day, you are in the ‘square’ of the settlement, when a caravan rolls up; large steam-powered trucks with heaters on the back. Men, women, children on board, and militia guarding the precious load, and a whole stock of farm animals hauled in a massive mobile farm. In shock and awe people flock to this caravan of sorts, just in time for a man in state-of-the-art flex armour and a helmet that shadowed his face.

“ATTENTION CITIZENS! I am Ruben Tiel Hartley the Fifth, commander of this caravan. In hopes of reaching the South with a population large enough to create a metropolis I have come to take on volunteers of no more than thirty and no less than fifteen. I will not jest, the road south is covered in blood, radiation, and death. Cannibals, killers, looters, thieves, and mutants are just a few of the dangers you will face on this expedition. But I welcome you to bring your weapons, your armour, your hopes, your dreams, your courages, your fears, your families, your relations, your everything! We have food, water, and beds, warm beds to sleep in,” he shouted aloud in hopes to rise up more militia volunteers.

As he spoke people cheered, and a line formed, you were lucky enough, closest to the caravan save for a few others.

At a table by an unoccupied truck, there is a man, sharp spikes protruding from his head; a mutant. "Fill this waver you!"

The application, the key to freedom...

Name:

Any Mutations:

Weapons:

Armour:

Who you bring with:

Traits:

Fears:

I, INSERT NAME HERE, hereby pledge my allegiance to The Society and their colonization efforts. I am aware the chances of survival are 60/40, and willing to die for a greater good.

Agnores
10-13-2010, 03:58 AM
Name: Lilt Inbok

Any Mutations: None as of yet

Weapons: Two knives, one small handgun.

Armour: None

Who you bring with: No one.

Traits: A kleptomaniac. Steals everything. Will do whatever it takes to survive.

Fears: Dying

I, Lilt, hereby pledge my allegiance to The Society and their colonization efforts. I am aware the chances of survival are 60/40, and willing to die for a greater good.

StormWolf
10-13-2010, 06:04 AM
Name: Scott Wesson (http://old.wallcoo.net/game/Far_Cry_2_1920x1200/wallpapers/1600x1200/wallpaper_far_cry_2_03.jpg)
http://www.zastavki.com/pictures/1280x800/2009/Games_Far_Cry_2_burning_jeep_012615_.jpg

Any Mutations: none

Weapons: AK-47 assault rifle, machete, beretta 9mm

Armour: USMC winter fatigues (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2708/4134787304_62deb6c817.jpg), USMC standard issue flak jacket

Who you bring with: Sarah (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0RZ7ypiljgo/S-FodsOJWrI/AAAAAAAAAKY/-T1bXf4eAiQ/s1600/Sarah_Fisher_young_wip_02+copy.jpg), his daughter. Scott's daughter has minor radiation poisoning - minor enough that she can be treated with medication, but Scott only has about 2 weeks worth of medication. He will kill someone, or scores of people, to get more.

Traits: advanced Military combat training, basic field medicine, intimidation, and the over-protective father complex.

Fears: losing his daughter, or dying and leaving his daughter alone in the cruel world.

I, Staff Sergeant Scott Wesson, hereby pledge my allegiance to The Society and their colonization efforts. I am aware the chances of survival are 60/40, and willing to die for a greater good.

PhantomMilkMan
10-13-2010, 01:47 PM
Name: Damion Sweet

Any Mutations: Damion has a small amount of radiation poisoning that gives him a weak stomach but causes his eyes to lightly glow and gives him the ability to see a little further in darkness.

Occupation: Damion is a mechanic of sorts. Although he never received formal training nor is he good enough to make a living as a repairman, Damion is fascinated by pre-war junk and robotics and often tinkers with these objects taking them apart and putting them back together.

Weapons: Damion has a small .32 Caliber pistol (A Guardian) but he is loath to use it because he only has about 12 bullets.

Armour: No Armour.

Who you bring with: No one.

Traits: Damion is a fixer, inventor, and somewhat of an Artist. He is biased against Mutants and refuses to acknowledge that he is already becoming like them.

Fears: Damion is afraid of loud noises and is particularly terrified of starving to death. He is terrified of one day of becoming a Mutant.

I, Damion Sweet, hereby pledge my allegiance to The Society and their colonization efforts. I am aware the chances of survival are 60/40, and willing to die for a greater good.

thesouleater
10-13-2010, 02:29 PM
Name: Roy Michaelis

Any Mutations: None.

Occupation: Roy used to work as a painter, but that has long since been crushed. He currently will do any job he can get his hands on, even if it means it might kill him.

Weapons: An old recurve bow that someone had given to him for a job a while ago. They taught him how to make arrows, but he normally has around 20. If he had a sword he could work with it quite easily, but he doesn't have the money to purchase or have a sword made. Of course, he always has his hands and feet.

Armour: None.

Who you bring with: Adam, Roy's younger brother. He knows how to look for edible plants if there are any around.

Traits: Roy is an amazing artist, but that probably doesn't help in war. He has a good knack for making things though.

Fears: Arachnophobia and the death of himself or his brother.

I, Roy, hereby pledge my allegiance to The Society and their colonization efforts. I am aware the chances of survival are 60/40, and willing to die for a greater good.

Mr.Natas
10-13-2010, 09:31 PM
Name: David Weld

Any Mutations: None as of right now

Occupation: Survivalist, knows how to make clothes, shelters, water filters, and other priority items. He can also can identify eatable plants, and prepare foods to consume safely and has small amount of medical training.

Weapons: One foot long Machete, and a single edge six inch long Tantō knife

Armour: None

Who you bring with: No one

Traits: Even though he's a dreamer he's a loyal hard work that will put his full effort into everything he does no matter what condition he's in.

Fears: He afraid of dieing in the waste to become food for whatever comes by as well as raiders and other people that look like they are ready to kill.

I, David Weld, hereby pledge my allegiance to The Society and their colonization efforts. I am aware the chances of survival are 60/40, and willing to die for a greater good.

StormWolf
10-13-2010, 09:36 PM
lol I'm old XD

Agnores
10-13-2010, 09:49 PM
Haha!

Mr.Natas
10-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Meh I was think about making me older but I decided against it. In my mind more younger people would be more likely to want to leave, older people would want to stay where they have always have lived. Your character is leaving because of his daughter, so it understandable for you to be older then most people on this "trip"

StormWolf
10-13-2010, 10:24 PM
you know what they say: Old Guys Rule.

and in this case, it is true. I got the assault rifle XD

Agnores
10-13-2010, 10:59 PM
No one has armor, though. Hoping this doesn't end badly.

StormWolf
10-13-2010, 11:19 PM
Armour: USMC winter fatigues, USMC standard issue flak jacket
we'll likely go by an abandoned military outpost and find some.

Agnores
10-13-2010, 11:31 PM
Ah, didn't see that!

Maybe. Though, can't say you'll have what you have for very long, considering my character. Heh, I love kleptomaniacs.

StormWolf
10-13-2010, 11:54 PM
as long as you don't steal Sarah's teddy or blankie. Steal those and Scott will have your eyes for beads XD

Agnores
10-13-2010, 11:56 PM
First things i am going for now. I love challenges.

StormWolf
10-13-2010, 11:59 PM
my question is why. Really? A little girl's safety blanket and teddy bear? You bad person.

of course, if you really wanted a challenge, try stealing Sarah. That will end very, very ugly.

thesouleater
10-14-2010, 12:12 AM
Well I'm aiming for the young, kind-of careless type of a character. So that's that.

And I do have to agree, why would you want a young girl's blanket and teddy bear? o_O Or the girl for that fact. It would mean taking care of another person.

Agnores
10-14-2010, 02:39 AM
Kleptomania, people. I steal for the sake of stealing, not necessarily because I need it.

PhantomMilkMan
10-14-2010, 03:38 AM
I think you may be overplaying the Kleptomania a little. At least if you started stealing little girls.

StormWolf
10-14-2010, 04:17 AM
Milkman has a point. While exaggerating such a condition can be humorous, if he ends up stealing literally everything, like someone guns, armor....children... he's gonna get his life stolen in turn. Just sayin'.

Agnores
10-14-2010, 04:18 AM
Hey, man, I never said anything about stealing people. Interesting idea, though, a klepto the steals people.

And to be honest, guys, I don't plan on being such a klepto literally everything gets stolen. What I said was as a joke.

Rubes
10-14-2010, 04:25 AM
Okay, blah, blah, blah, we're all happy campers. NO ARMOUR, it is cold and you need all your strength. :)

Just shoot, I roll a 1d6, and give you all a bunch of extra 1d6 rolls for cover saves and fire support saves. It is completely unfair for those dirty NPC banditos and mutants. Signups are also off until further notice.

Rubes
10-14-2010, 04:50 AM
IC Thread is up, http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=359695 Posting order is up too.

akeron.malifyse
10-14-2010, 05:46 AM
Name: Jacob

Mutation: N/A

Weapon: M4-A1 Assault Rifle: Complete with under-slung shotgun, ACOG scope with self adjusting sight.

akeron.malifyse
10-14-2010, 05:55 AM
Name: Jacob

Mutation: N/A

Weapon: M4-A1 Assault Rifle: Complete with under-slung shotgun, ACOG scope with self adjusting sight. Three Clips for M4-A1. Two Glock-9mm's with two clips each. One combat knife and two fragmentation grenades.

Armor: Boeing AT-6 Powered Battle Armor: H.U.D., kevlar/carbon fiber reinforced carbon composite ceramic plates, auto-aim feature (does not actually do all the aiming), and full enviro with a state of the art air filtration system.

Who You Bring With: N/A.

Traits: Expert Marksman, Hand to Hand Expert, Survivalist, unique training with radiation/WMDs, and a novice mechanic/medic.

Fears: Death

Present Rank: Sargeant Major of the Marine Corps (E-9).

I, Jacob, hereby pledge my allegiance to The Society and their colonization efforts. I am aware the chances of survival are 60/40, and willing to die for a greater good.

Rubes
10-14-2010, 05:57 AM
Right, we'll pick Jacob up in the IC a bit later.

thesouleater
10-17-2010, 01:17 AM
Alright. I posted. Sorry for taking so long. :| I've been working on a science project and bunch of other homework lately. I only had time to look at what was new before having to head off to get some other stuff done.

Mr.Natas
10-17-2010, 01:59 AM
Its cool man, we all got stuff to do,

PhantomMilkMan
10-20-2010, 01:54 AM
Gah! I wanna RP. >.<

StormWolf
10-20-2010, 10:07 AM
*points to the space marine above* kinda defeats the purpose of survival horror when you have handwavium armor and a bamfgun and bamfgrenades and is an expert at shooting and hand to hand combat. I don't mean to be a stickler, but....

nevermind...