PDA

View Full Version : 「R」 【S T R A N D E D】 「OOC」

Dire Hoef
02-06-2016, 09:18 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcmjnqDMDO1qdd5szo1_500.gif

【S T R A N D Ξ D】

WARNING RATED R

CONTAINS: Blood, Gore, Strong Violence, Strong Language, Sexual Situations, Drugs and Alcohol Usage

VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED

Synopsis

It was March 14th, 2013, when five young adults on board the S.S Chiquita disappeared. Reports have shown that the search is turning up zero results. Coast Guard officials are having severe trouble finding and rescuing the five young adults. However, from asking the relatives of those five young adults we can discern that they were simply taking a boating trip from New York City to a coastal city in Georgia to meet a friend of theirs for his birthday--Charles Blake. This, paired with the wide area of search, is incredibly helpful towards the search as it narrows down the area. But, still, no results have alluded to the safe return of those young adults. God have mercy of their poor souls.

You wake up in a unfamiliar place. You aren't sure where you are, but all that you can gather, from the simple seconds upon emerging from your cold slumber, that you were part of a shipping accident and you were washed ashore. Your clothes are soaked and you're alone; unaware of what to do or how to go about doing things. You could feel sick, or absolutely infuriated that you woke up in such a shitty situation. Nevertheless, you stand about yourself wondering what you should do. Should you call for others? Or should you do what most would do in this situation, search the area for a viable living space?

While you ponder your next mode of action, a light shines in the distance. It's spinning in a circular motion, and you wonder why you've never noticed it before. So, being the type of person you are, you follow the light. It's beacon beckoning you to come closer and closer with each foot. You travel through winding hills and thick forestry until you arrive at a vacant hill where a light house stands tall amongst the grey horizon. The light house's glaring light shines about, from what you could see from that hill, an island with some distance in all directions. However, the light house stood against a ledge where raging tides slam against the cliff. You stand there in wonder and confusion. You want to know what's going on here, or why you ended up here. But those questions won't be asked until later.

Right now, others are starting to emerge from the forestry in a half circle to your left and to your right (or to your left or to your right). Four other individuals have come with you and have ended up in the same situation. Now that the five of you stand before a light house, what's your next move?

Rules

1. Posting after the allotted time is strictly prohibited. That allotted time being a week after your recent post. I'll give you a warning on the fourth day, and if you fail to the post after the seventh day then you'll be subject to eviction and your character will be terminated. However, if you give a proper reason as to why you cannot post for an entire week, then I'll happily accept it and extend the time or ghost your character until your eligible to rejoin.

2. No vulgar or racist comments please. That's just uncivilized.

3. RPA Rules do Apply.

4. I'm not looking for quantity, but rather quality. You're expected to at least post a paragraph or two. I understand that you may have writer's block, but a paragraph is expected of you. And I will not ask for anything less.

5. GM's authority and word is absolute.

6. I have the right to change the rules as I see fit.

7. Any and all arguments will be avoided at all cost. Should an argument erupt, over trivial things or things of the sort, a strike will be handed to all occupants involved. Three strikes you're out.

8. Perma-Death is active in this roleplay. If you die, due to unanticipated circumstances, you will not be able to make another character. However, you can read along and talk with the remaining players. That is, if you were part of the game.

9. If you've read this far then great, you get a cookie. No, but seriously, put this down in your character (at the bottom) to let me know that you've read the rules: "Where Am I?"

Character Sheet

*IMAGE HERE; REALISTIC PLEASE*

First Name:
Middle Name:
Last Name:
Nickname(s):

Nationality: (Russian, Arabian, Chinese, American, etc.)
DOB: (Date of Birth)
POB: (Place of Birth)
Sexual Oreintation:

Skills
Primary Language(s):
Secondary Language(s):
Affiliation(s):
Connection(s):

Personality:
Pet Peeves:
Brief History/Biography:

Players and GM

Players

Damacyn - Bernadette Josephine Blazkowicz (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79492&p=2713207&viewfull=1#post2713207) - Status: Alive
Merry Gentry - Rebecca Louise Golding (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79492&p=2714088&viewfull=1#post2714088) - Status: Alive
Thrushwing - Nathaniel Caldeir Ralston (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79492&page=3&p=2720838&viewfull=1#post2720838) - Status: Alive
Kicks - Azriel Avner Tzvi (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79492&page=3&p=2720969#post2720969) - Status: Alive
DizzyMaelstrom! - Erick James Peterson (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79492&page=5&p=2723598&viewfull=1#post2723598) - Status: Alive
rabbit - Charlotte Amelia Martyn (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79492&page=5&p=2722833&viewfull=1#post2722833) - Status: Alive

GMs

GM : Dire Hoef
Co-GMs : None as of Yet

C L O S E D

Damacyn
02-09-2016, 07:38 PM

First Name: Bernadette
Middle Name: Josephine
Last Name: Blazkowicz
Nickname(s): BJ, "Lady Swears-a-lot"

Sex: F
Nationality: American
DOB: August 15 1995
POB: Mesquite, TX
Sexual Oreintation: "Straight" (Closeted lesbian)

Skills: Good actor, can defend herself either in hand-to-hand or with a knife, know morse code, can make smoke rings (y'know, that trick with cigarettes :3)
Primary Language(s): English
Secondary Language(s): Polish
Affiliation(s): New York School of Art (WIP)
Connection(s): (WIP)

Personality: She's a straightforward person, sometimes even coming as blunt and she often swear, However even if she might come as a jerk she's a selfless person and very loyal to her friends. She's kinda of a rebel when it comes to respecting the authority, however she'll never do something outright criminal and she knows her manners. She regards her father as either the coolest man on earth or a saint and she'll be outraged if anyone, friends or foes, even try to say something bad about him. She's still convinced that one day he'll comeback, even if she's trying to grow out that since "everyone have to grow up sooner or later".
Another thing that rub her the wrong way is questioning her own sexuality, even if she say that there's nothing wrong with being a lesbian she'll adamantly refuse to explain further, often resorting in showering the unlucky inquirer with "colorful" insults just to avoid the issue completely.

Likes: Light cigarettes, her father's leather jacket, video games (especially violent ones), '70-'80s Rock Music, Cinema.
Dislikes: High-Tar cigarettes, speaking ill of her father, Spiders.
Pet Peeves: She HATE when someone criticize her smoking habit.
Brief History/Biography: She's the only daughter of a Polish former army officer and his Texan wife. She had an happy childhood, developing a strong bond with her father, always doing things such as going to field trips and watching movies at the local theather (Where she gained a fascination with cinema and acting). At the age of 12 her father left for reasons unkown to her, leaving to her a leather jacket as a memento, to this day she keep hoping her father will come back, maybe with a suitable excuse. She moved with her mother to New York shortly after and grew up fairly well in a small apartment in Brooklyn, albeit a bit bitter and rebellious. She joined the New York School of art just after getting out of High School in her pursuit in becoming either an actor or a film director. She met and befriended Charles at a birthday party and after six months or so of e-mails excanging she accepted to celebrate his birthday. Little she knew things were going not as planned.

"Where Am I?" (I'm I doing it right?)

Dire Hoef
02-10-2016, 02:55 AM
Hm. An interesting character. Could shine a little more light on her personality? After that you'll be golden.

Damacyn
02-10-2016, 02:33 PM
Added some more personality, I hope it's enough :3

Merry
02-11-2016, 12:56 AM
http://cdn.suburbanmen.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/23200034/country-girls-20150423-1.jpg
First Name: Rebecca
Middle Name: Louise
Last Name: Golding
Nickname(s): Becky

Sex: F
DOB: August 15, 1993
POB: Cascade Canyon, Wyoming
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Skills ; handy with most farm tools, making fire, general outdoor camping skills
Secondary Language(s): English
Affiliation(s): Central Wyoming Rescue Mission, Cornea Shelter, Wyoming coalition for the homeless.
Connection(s): none

Personality: Laid back, relaxed, thoughtful, bordering on the nerdy side. Would spend the day in the sunshine reading a good book, if at possible. Loves animals and being outdoors. Camping on a river in the middle of no where, and taking a path less traveled is usually her favorite thing to do.
Dislikes: angry, cranky people, too busy to help someone else
Pet Peeves: people leaving the cap off the milk container in the fridge

Brief History/Biography:
She is one of four children that grew up on a a horse farm in Wyoming. From her earliest memories all she can ever remember is working. Working on the farm. There was always something to do, or something that needed to be done. But usually she didn't mind, as she loved being around the horses, even if it meant work. Horses are in her blood, and she is most comfortable in the outdoors with the majestic creatures.

Tragically her mother recently passed away from cancer. It was extremely sudden and has been devastating to her once happy family. Their intense grief is slowly destroying them all, one by one. She is the spitting image of her mother, from her honey blonde hair, to her soft blue eyes.

Her father has been lost in grief and the once thriving horse farm has fallen into major disrepair and is bordering on bankruptcy. He can't even bear to look at her most days. It's too painful. Her oldest brother has taken to alcohol and is more often than not in his apartment above the main barn, passed out drunk. She used to check on him, worried, until he physically attacked her one day and tried to push her down the stairs. Her oldest sister packed her things and moved across town with her boyfriend. They were to be married in the fall anyway, so it wasn't much of a shock. Her youngest brother, looks to her to fix everything, as if she could and almost seems to blame her for her inability to pull things back together.

Her aunt sent her a ticket to New York to visit them, she's guessing at the request of her father, so she flew north. North to the cold and steel of the city. Her Aunt and Uncle have no children. They took her in without much fuss. The city was different. It's dirty and loud. People are obnoxious and seem angry most days. It's such a change in the life she was used to. A life that doesn't exist anymore without her family. Being in the city is like hiding in plain sight most days. No one cares who you are, or what you've been through. It's almost like she started over and for now, that's fine with her. She's taking some classes at community college and wondering what life will throw at her next.

where am I?

Dire Hoef
02-11-2016, 04:43 AM
Both are accepted! Welcome aboard (Irony)

Damacyn
02-11-2016, 06:47 PM
Hey, added a detail in her bio and the skills (wich I totally forgot to add, my bad). If they seem too over-powered let me know.

Dire Hoef
02-11-2016, 07:40 PM
Hey, added a detail in her bio and the skills (wich I totally forgot to add, my bad). If they seem too over-powered let me know.

For what horrors you may face (hint right there), they seem they'll be dearly needed.

Dire Hoef
02-13-2016, 04:15 AM
We need three more to get this party started!

Come on peeps! COME AND GET SOME OF THIS HORROR!

Merry
02-13-2016, 06:59 PM
I'm excited to play this game - MORE people must come!

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww298/merryg/7186fc06-1d67-46e8-aff3-b1bddd0b0ae8_zps7xatnurg.jpg

Dire Hoef
02-13-2016, 09:47 PM
Yes Merry, spread the word!

Kris
02-14-2016, 10:33 PM
Congratulations!

Your thread has been featured as:

http://oi52.tinypic.com/etgy12.jpg (http://role-player.net/forum/cmps_index.php)

For the week of 02/15/2016

Dire Hoef
02-14-2016, 11:04 PM
This'll hopefully pull people in. We need three people..

Dire Hoef
02-16-2016, 09:40 PM
I really don't want to close this down. Please people, join!

Also, sorry for dis double post!

Thrushwing
02-17-2016, 12:36 AM
Hey I'll join (sorry give at least a few minutes/hours to complete your form). A few quick questions though: Does this plot have a storyline? ( ... I just realized I wanted a rp with a pretty fleshed out plot, and direction.) Also, what genre is this? survival horror? Are the characters going to be picked off?

Dire Hoef
02-17-2016, 12:51 AM
Hey I'll join (sorry give at least a few minutes/hours to complete your form). A few quick questions though: Does this plot have a storyline? ( ... I just realized I wanted a rp with a pretty fleshed out plot, and direction.) Also, what genre is this? survival horror? Are the characters going to be picked off?

✪ Other than what is displayed on the first post, yes there is. But it's up to the players to discover said storyline.

✪ Survival Horror, yes.

✪ Perma-death is active, so if your character does something to get them killed then that's the fault of the character and player (you won't be able to make another). But to be more direct, no. Characters won't be picked off.

Merry
02-17-2016, 12:54 AM
http://st.deviantart.net/zack/umm/hugeeager_.gif I really hope we get a few more peoples!

Dire Hoef
02-17-2016, 12:56 AM
http://st.deviantart.net/zack/umm/hugeeager_.gif I really hope we get a few more peoples!

;omg;

IF ANYONE knows of anyone else who would like to play in this roleplay then by all means bring them here!

Thrushwing
02-17-2016, 01:10 AM
@ dire hoef: So will there be any warning that we are potentially killing our character?

Dire Hoef
02-17-2016, 01:12 AM
@ dire hoef: So will there be any warning that we are potentially killing our character?

Yes. Though sometimes they'll be subtle, and other times they'll blatantly obvious. So, as a word of advise to all players, keep an eye on what you're making character do.

Thrushwing
02-18-2016, 10:34 AM
Nathaniel Caldeir Ralston

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/684517827206889472/78qnjj1b.jpg

First Name: Nathaniel

Middle Name: Caldeir

Last Name: Ralston

Nickname(s): Cal, Nathan, Nate

Sex: male
Nationality: white...?
DOB: 2/17/1987
POB: (Place of Birth): Polperro, Cornwall, Britain
Sexual Orientation: straight

Skills

swimming, fighting (mma), rudimentary survival skills, building with wood, and chopping wood.

He cannot for the life of him grow: a plant, a miniature human being to adulthood, or any small creature that depend on him for survival.

Affiliation(s): none
Connection(s): none

Personality:

Nathaniel is very free loving. He often feels constrained by the small town he's in and his family relationships, and relationships in general. Although he first strikes many as a happy, chill guy, he is bitter and and angry about his lack of freedom, and his brother. Even in school he felt rejected, due to no one really being able to relate to his feelings. Nathaniel is disenchanted with society as a whole, as many people see his looks and only see what they want to see; most of the time he uses that to his advantage, since he long gave up on trying to convince people otherwise. He's average in most things he does, although he packs a mean punch. Like every other person he's broken, although it shows through if you catch him at a certain moment. His family is decent enough which only adds to the fact that Nathaniel feels at odd with the atmosphere and his friends. He has difficulty trusting people knowing everyone is human. Some would call him jaded, a skeptic, along with many other things. Even if you go beneath the surface of who he is as a person, and have a deep talk with him, the next day, things will be as if that talk never happened. He figures in the busy city, he can at least distract himself from his own loneliness. He lives his life alone and he doesn't expect to ever really trust someone. Although he dislikes judgmental people, Nathaniel sees himself as being shallow and judgmental, usually deciding fairly quickly whether he dislikes someone.

Surfing, Fishing (sort of), water, forests (sometimes), climbing and cliff diving, felines

Dislikes:

responsibility, Garret, waiting, kids, deserts, clingy, cheery people or those involved in and discuss charity work (charity doesn't hold any appeal for him much less does he want to hear about it), trends (he doesn't really understand them), drugs, falling, pets (generally speaking - he finds them dirty. He likes cats but they are the only exception. He doesn't like fur (dirt is no problem) all over him. He'll happily bond with a kitten though or any sort of feline. He doesn't mind other people's pets, just doesn't want to have a pet that is not a cat)

Pet Peeves:

People who cannot just watch a movie - they have to be doing something else WHILE watching the movie.

Brief History/Biography

Nathaniel grew up in the seaside town, Polperro, a renown quaint fishing village. This atmosphere and association is kept up even in modern times, with fishing boats tied down just across the street from the houses. Nathaniel's dad taught him how to fish, but preferred to take his son camping. Many trips were made driving from the ocean to the forests. There his father would make him chop wood, as a way of building character. All the excess wood needed to go somewhere so Nathaniel also learned how to make various structures out of the wood. As soon as Nathaniel was of age he was signed up for boy scouts, and learned basic survival skills, which Nate is impartial to. His favorite place is Porthleven. When Nathaniel turned 10, the family took a summer vacation near Porthleven, and it was there Nathan learned how to surf. Water is his passion, and he loves the sea, the beach, and he'll even tolerate fishing to be by the ocean. When it comes to fighting, he learned as a way to get out of some of his anger. He knows where to throw his punches and how to move on his feet, along with knife skills. Nathaniel always wanted the thrill of an adventure, as he grew up reading many adventure novels, and surfing in a bigger busier town only increased his longing to be able to see the hustle and bustle of the city.

Although his family is very connected to each other, Nathaniel himself feels very distant from them, especially his two siblings, his older brother, sister and younger brother. It was not due to a lack of love on their part, his parents, and siblings had good intentions. Something he doesn't like people to know is that he is estranged from his older brother, Garret. They never saw eye to eye, and Nathaniel always saw his older brother's taking responsibility, and success in life, as something he could never be. He knew his older brother disapproved, and disliked him and even more so at extended family gatherings where Garret would make it clear he was not associated with his younger sibling.

To ease his loneliness Nathaniel starts up conversations on the net, which is how he met Charles Blake from Georgia. They struck up a friendship, and when Charles invited Nathaniel to visit him, Nathaniel saw his chance to see a big city, as a ship was going from New York to Georgia. He told his family that it was a boating trip to visit an old friend, hoping it would lower the amount of questions that would follow (it didn't), but his family eventually relented. He has never met Charles Blake in person.

Where am I

Kicks
02-18-2016, 03:16 PM
*comes in, sits down, starts writing character sheet* Totally in on this.

Damacyn
02-18-2016, 03:27 PM
Yay! Another one! One more to go!

Kicks
02-18-2016, 04:22 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/8b/7c/f6/8b7cf638e87f6a181a1e5dd6448903a1.jpg

First Name: Azriel
Middle Name: Avner
Last Name: Tzvi
Nickname: Ri-Ri [ree-ree]

Sex: Male
Nationality: Israeli
DOB: May 2nd, 1992
POB: Tel Aviv, Israel
Sexual Oreintation: Heterosexual

Skills: Handy with improvising; crafty with knives; a fantastic liar; hunting
Primary Language(s): Hebrew
Affiliation(s): Mossad
Connection(s): TBA

Personality:
Given where he grew up and what he grew up under, Azriel tends to see things in a different light. While he admires responsibility and honesty, he knows when there are times to lie. He also knows that not everything is as simple as black and white. For him, life comes by taking each day at a time. Today he may be stranded, but tomorrow might take him somewhere else. His way of life is to just take everything in stride.

When something needs to be done, Azriel will rise to the challenge. Speaking of challenges, he tends to be an adrenaline junkie. He seeks out his own fears to defeat his own "demons". For him, he knows fear is a very real thing and a natural part of life. But he refuses to be controlled by it. This is not to say that at points, he too can be crippled by fear.

He has a great sense of empathy. It is easy for him to sit down with someone hurting and listen to them. He is more keen to listening than he is to talking, making him at most times a quiet being. With that said, he absolutely despises obnoxiously loud people. They tend to disrupt his line of thoughts and easily irritate him. Not to mention when someone does him wrong, it takes him awhile to forget about it (especially if it is a repeated offense).

Likes: Heights (rock climbing, cliff jumping, diving, bungee jumping, parachuting); Running (cross country, marathons, triathlons); Cooking

Dislikes: obnoxiously loud people; onions; wet skin and sand mixed

Pet Peeves: Incessant pen clicking; nail chewing

Brief History/Biography:
Having been born and raised in Israel he has seen his fair share of crime and cruelty to humans. His personality is shaped by his people's past and their beliefs. He has seen refugees crying for their loss of homes. He has seen people ignoring the poor on the streets.

Because of all that he has seen, and all that happens around his country, he rose to the challenge of protecting and protecting others who share the same values of life. Thus he joined Mossad, hoping to make an impact somehow with his country. Hoping to show that they were not weak, they could not be pressed from all sides, and they were certainly not a people to give up.

His parents had moved from Israel to America after his father was offered a new job with great pay. His parents always wanting to see California and New York, left him in Israel. Having been fine with this, he contributed his entire life to Mossad.

"Where am I?"

Thrushwing
02-18-2016, 07:51 PM
We just need ONE MORE PERSON GUYS

Dire Hoef
02-19-2016, 12:36 AM
Both characters are really interesting. I'm going to have a lot of fun (*Insert Evil Laugh Here*).

But, anyway, both characters are accepted. Welcome aboard you two.

AND YOU'RE RIGHT! WE DO NEED ONE MORE!

Merry
02-19-2016, 12:45 AM
ONE more person! We must have one more!

Dire Hoef
02-19-2016, 12:56 AM
Ask around peeps!

Kicks
02-19-2016, 02:09 AM
*asking around now* ONE MORE PERSON

Dire Hoef
02-19-2016, 02:35 AM
Currently working on the IC and making it ready for when we get that fifth person.

Thrushwing
02-19-2016, 07:31 AM
Okay random thing: Honestly for Nathaniel, I tried to base him off myself a little and I was like, "Dislikes morning people, cheery people, needy people, people involved in charities, health buffs, druggies" I started to realize it sounded like Nathaniel hated the world, and so I toned him down a bit.

Dire Hoef
02-19-2016, 11:11 AM
Hm. Interesting.

DizzyMaelstrom!
02-20-2016, 05:41 AM
Um.. I just got kidnapped. I might be interested. Let me look into it.

Kicks
02-20-2016, 05:44 AM
-pff- it isn't kidnapping if you like your kidnapper

DizzyMaelstrom!
02-20-2016, 05:47 AM
And who says I like you?
No, just kidding, but it's still kidnapping. I'm interested in becoming the fifth player.

Dire Hoef
02-20-2016, 06:11 AM
And who says I like you?
No, just kidding, but it's still kidnapping. I'm interested in becoming the fifth player.

Then please, by all means, write up a CS! :D

DizzyMaelstrom!
02-20-2016, 06:25 AM
I'm working on it, but I may take a short while.

Dire Hoef
02-20-2016, 06:32 AM
I'm working on it, but I may take a short while.

*Bows* I eagerly await the sheet.

DizzyMaelstrom!
02-20-2016, 08:11 AM
I'm still trying to figure out a bit of my character's development (I'm sorry. Creating a character can be a bit of a long process for me at times..) Do you mind if I submit the character sheet tomorrow?

Dire Hoef
02-20-2016, 08:16 AM
So be it. I'll have the IC up by tomorrow as well. I have it written up, just got to post it.

DizzyMaelstrom!
02-20-2016, 08:20 AM
Alright. Thank you.

rabbit
02-20-2016, 09:28 AM
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk132/HimitsuDesu_/tumblr_lfb1nqlnCj1qbpw79o1_500_zps88f8d97d.jpg

First Name: Charlotte

Middle Name: Amelia

Last Name: Martyn

Nickname(s): Lottie

Sex: Female

Nationality: British-American

DOB: 3/13/1992

POB: Chelsea, London, England

Sexual Orientation: Demi-heterosexual, biromantic

Skills: Observation, both inductive and deductive reasoning’s, research, anthropology, some archeology, some forensics, street-savvy, self-defense, swimming and a pretty good runner

Secondary Language(s): French

Affiliation(s): Natural History Museum of London, American Museum of Natural History, New York University

Connection(s):

Personality: Adaptable may be the biggest and most apparent personality trait, other than her front of promiscuity. She is observant, full of wit, intelligent, rather charming when she wants to be and cultured beyond her years. Charlotte lets many things roll off her like water off a duck’s back, including rumors, insults and other slights, but also compliments – she doesn’t take them seriously at all.

Likes: Music – almost every genre; swimming – sport/exercise of choice; tattoos; color her hair; bold lipstick; eyeliner so sharp it could destroy her enemies; studying cultures; “nesting” – creating a space of her own

Dislikes: Cooking – the fridge is full of left-overs from take-out or delivery; being judged for how she looks; the “gluten-free” movement; passive aggressive behavior

Pet Peeves: People smoking or smoking electronic cigarettes around non-smokers; scuffing feet against the ground when someone walks; people not covering their mouth when they cough;

Brief History/Biography: A child doesn't know much better than to trust when she is told, "This is your new daddy and brother!" Having never had a father or a brother before, she didn't know what to expect. Charlotte, Lottie to her mother and select few else, was only 7 years old when her mother married one of the many boyfriends who had come in and out of their lives. It was all downhill from there. Lottie's new brother was 13 and, like his father, a young smoker and had a deep-seeded darkness; he saw his new stepsister as a toy and, her mother distracted by her new husband, did as he pleased with her. The physical and sexual abuse worsened as she grew older until she fled the household.
Charlotte was granted emancipation at the age of 13 because of the sexual and physical abuse she had endured at the hands of her step-brother and has been supporting herself ever since with various jobs, a few of which would put her in jail if she weren’t careful.
Her freshman year in college, as soon as someone spotted her male lab partner leaving her dorm room after a late study session, the rumors flew like sparks. Not interested enough in other people's opinions of her, she allowed her peers to fan the sparks into flames when she didn't deny or work to disprove the allegations against her. It has become her practice to play along with what people say or suggest, but it takes a lot for Lottie to be comfortable or sincere with anyone.
Only in the past few years has she been able to secure a steady (if not low-paid) position with clerical work at the Natural History Museum; high-risk jobs have become less necessary but sometimes needed to supplement her income and travel - she does go home to visit her mother in England every now and then, ever since she separated from the man who abused her. Her focus has been her sociocultural anthropological research, though she also excels with forensics, physics and arts.

Where am I?

rabbit
02-20-2016, 09:32 AM
A) Sorry for the double post!

B) I know someone's still working on theirs, but I finished mine and was hoping you'd consider her? Or maybe a sixth player? Sorry for throwing a wrench in things! http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9ranxgrdU1qdlkyg.gif

Dire Hoef
02-20-2016, 02:15 PM
A) Sorry for the double post!

B) I know someone's still working on theirs, but I finished mine and was hoping you'd consider her? Or maybe a sixth player? Sorry for throwing a wrench in things! http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9ranxgrdU1qdlkyg.gif

Oh don't worry. Sure. I'll add a sixth person. But I'll throw my wrench at the wall only once. You're character sounds like she's going to be a bloody riot!

- - - Updated - - -

But you are forgetting something. Check the rules.

And you gonna have to cut down on the skills.

Dire Hoef
02-20-2016, 08:56 PM
Also, I'm posting the IC for those patiently waiting for the other two to finish up.

Rabbit... You'll be a special case, so until you edit your sheet and are accepted into the roleplay you'll be given a separate direction.

So with that in mind, hold off on posting with the others until after I've given the vote. Like I said, your entrance into the roleplay will be a little different from the others.

The story will continue with the original five.

rabbit
02-20-2016, 11:58 PM
http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9gcke9CKA1qzckow.gif Sorry, the thing got eaten by my edit when I first posted it!

I'm glad you think she's going to be a riot! I've had her on hand for a while and haven't gotten to play her yet.

The skills are mostly just her education, stuff she needs to know for her studies and career - should I just consolidate or?

Dire Hoef
02-21-2016, 02:20 AM
http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9gcke9CKA1qzckow.gif Sorry, the thing got eaten by my edit when I first posted it!

I'm glad you think she's going to be a riot! I've had her on hand for a while and haven't gotten to play her yet.

The skills are mostly just her education, stuff she needs to know for her studies and career - should I just consolidate or?

"joint hypermobility" Cut that one down.

And you'd be solid.

rabbit
02-21-2016, 03:30 AM
She's not allowed to be flexible? Or is that just weird verbage?

Dire Hoef
02-21-2016, 03:55 AM
She's not allowed to be flexible? Or is that just weird verbage?

For what I have in mind for your character, if she's flexible it could be rather damaging for her.

It's survival horror, but the roleplay doesn't place much emphasis on the survival aspect of the horror. However, since you're going to be somewhere...special... It's highly suggested you think about what skills you put down for your character.

Plus these skills Observation, both inductive and deductive reasoning’s, research, anthropology, some archeology, some forensics, self-defense, swimming and a pretty good runner are well enough to keep your character going for a good while.

I don't see the need for her to have more skills than she's already qualified for.

DizzyMaelstrom!
02-21-2016, 03:57 AM
http://www.arena-media.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Man-reading-magazine.jpg
First Name: Erick
Middle Name: James
Last Name: Peterson
Nickname(s): None

DOB: March 10, 1985
POB: Atlanta, Georgia

Skills: Strategic thinking, Perceptibility, Self-Defense, Some Basic Outdoors knowledge, Patience (it's a skill, trust me)
Secondary Language(s): N/A
Affiliation(s): NYPD
Connection(s):

Personality: He's a calm, friendly, rather level-headed type, if not a bit quiet in social situations. He faces most of his problems with strong composure, feeling it's better to handle them with a clear head rather than start causing trouble. He does have the ability to think on his feet, and he knows that sometimes it's necessary, but there's a difference between that and acting impulsively. Impulsive actions have only seemed to cause him grief.

When working with others on a daily basis, he really doesn't care about whether he connects with them or not. Making friends will happen in it's own time. Until then, keeping tension to a minimum is the best way to go, so taking others' feelings and beliefs into consideration is important. He just goes with the flow. If something needs to be addressed, he'll put in his two-cents, but whatever someone does with his insight is up to them.

He values his family and private life above all else (although his family is a bit broken right now). He'd rather not discuss personal matters with others, though. When at work, he may act drastically different than he does in a casual setting, but that's all just work. That doesn't really need to be discussed either.

Dislikes: Arguing with others, Food that's too sour
Pet Peeves: When people purposely try to provoke him

Brief History/Biography: He's lived a pretty normal life, for the most part. He comes from a family who all served in the line of police work, and ever since he was little, he's wanted to continue the tradition. So, once he was old enough, he made his dreams come true. He attended APD Training Academy, became an officer for the Atlanta Georgia Police Department, married his high school sweet heart, and the two of them had a child together. Looking back on it, he figures it was probably dumb to do the second half so soon.

As goes with the majority of American families, they ended up going through the motions. This and that happened, things fell apart, come to find one day that he was being cheated on, and a divorce followed soon after. Of course, he had to deal with a whole bunch of emotional stuff, but not being the type to blow up over it, he decided to distance himself from it instead... so he moved to New York. For his child's sake, he kept in contact with his family, but he rarely went out for a visit, partly because it was so far away, and partly because he was basically being a coward.

So after burying himself in his work and fighting the urge to drown himself in alcohol, he eventually came to the decision that he was being stupid. The reason why he was on that ship in the first place is because he was moving back to Georgia to be closer to his child. Sure, he would never patch things up with his ex-wife and her family to what they'd been in the past, but that didn't change the fact that he was a father. Of course, though, as goes with most things in life, something ended up getting.

"Where am I?"

Sorry it took so long! I hope this is all right. Let me know if anything needs to be changed/modified.

Dire Hoef
02-21-2016, 04:00 AM
http://www.arena-media.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Man-reading-magazine.jpg
First Name: Erick
Middle Name: James
Last Name: Peterson
Nickname(s): None

DOB: March 10, 1985
POB: Atlanta, Georgia

Skills: Strategic thinking, Perceptibility, Self-Defense, Some Basic Outdoors knowledge, Patience (it's a skill, trust me)
Secondary Language(s): N/A
Affiliation(s): NYPD
Connection(s):

Personality: He's a calm, friendly, rather level-headed type, if not a bit quiet in social situations. He faces most of his problems with strong composure, feeling it's better to handle them with a clear head rather than start causing trouble. He does have the ability to think on his feet, and he knows that sometimes it's necessary, but there's a difference between that and acting impulsively. Impulsive actions have only seemed to cause him grief.

When working with others on a daily basis, he really doesn't care about whether he connects with them or not. Making friends will happen in it's own time. Until then, keeping tension to a minimum is the best way to go, so taking others' feelings and beliefs into consideration is important. He just goes with the flow. If something needs to be addressed, he'll put in his two-cents, but whatever someone does with his insight is up to them.

He values his family and private life above all else (although his family is a bit broken right now). He'd rather not discuss personal matters with others, though. When at work, he may act drastically different than he does in a casual setting, but that's all just work. That doesn't really need to be discussed either.

Dislikes: Arguing with others, Food that's too sour
Pet Peeves: When people purposely try to provoke him

Brief History/Biography: He's lived a pretty normal life, for the most part. He comes from a family who all served in the line of police work, and ever since he was little, he's wanted to continue the tradition. So, once he was old enough, he made his dreams come true. He attended APD Training Academy, became an officer for the Atlanta Georgia Police Department, married his high school sweet heart, and the two of them had a child together. Looking back on it, he figures it was probably dumb to do the second half so soon.

As goes with the majority of American families, they ended up going through the motions. This and that happened, things fell apart, come to find one day that he was being cheated on, and a divorce followed soon after. Of course, he had to deal with a whole bunch of emotional stuff, but not being the type to blow up over it, he decided to distance himself from it instead... so he moved to New York. For his child's sake, he kept in contact with his family, but he rarely went out for a visit, partly because it was so far away, and partly because he was basically being a coward.

So after burying himself in his work and fighting the urge to drown himself in alcohol, he eventually came to the decision that he was being stupid. The reason why he was on that ship in the first place is because he was moving back to Georgia to be closer to his child. Sure, he would never patch things up with his ex-wife and her family to what they'd been in the past, but that didn't change the fact that he was a father. Of course, though, as goes with most things in life, something ended up getting.

"Where am I?"

Sorry it took so long! I hope this is all right. Let me know if anything needs to be changed/modified.

No problem. Accepted Dizzy!

Dire Hoef
02-21-2016, 04:18 AM
You know what... To hell with my logicality...

I'll let it slide for now! But this doesn't mean it won't get any easier for your character. As you're aren't a part of the original group, you'll be expected to reach them... Your starting point will be a little...different...

DizzyMaelstrom!
02-21-2016, 04:42 AM
??? Um.. thank you for accepting me. I'll assume the other thing is for rabbit.

Dire Hoef
02-21-2016, 04:45 AM
??? Um.. thank you for accepting me. I'll assume the other thing is for rabbit.

Yeah. It is. You're with the original group. So get posting!

Thrushwing
02-21-2016, 04:55 AM
Where is the ic thread? And also Dire your character is amazing. I say that because yeah, patience is a skill - that I suck at, and the other thing is because I know people like your character. really look up to them. I know, my character has a lot of flaws, because ... everyone is shades of gray.

Dire Hoef
02-21-2016, 04:57 AM
Where is the ic thread? And also Dire your character is amazing. I say that because yeah, patience is a skill - that I suck at, and the other thing is because I know people like your character. really look up to them. I know, my character has a lot of flaws, because ... everyone is shades of gray.

I believe you're referring to Dizzy's character.. Yes it's surely interesting.

Here is the IC (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79700)

Thrushwing
02-21-2016, 04:59 AM
@Dire: Haha oh yeah didn't see that; also I'm a bit hesitant about making the first post any specific restrictions or landscapes you would like to warn me of so I don't post something inaccurate?

Dire Hoef
02-21-2016, 05:03 AM
@Dire: Haha oh yeah didn't see that; also I'm a bit hesitant about making the first post any specific restrictions or landscapes you would like to warn me of so I don't post something inaccurate?

The I only thing I would restrict you of is leaving the other four. Should you leave the other four at the light house and go off on your own, you'll suffer greatly...

So again, don't leave the introduction site and don't do anything a "normal" individual would do under these circumstances.

Thrushwing
02-21-2016, 05:04 AM
Wait so do we remember why we were headed to georgia?

DizzyMaelstrom!
02-21-2016, 05:09 AM

Thanks! I'm glad you like him. :) (will just pretend that says "Dizzy" instead of "Dire")

Dire Hoef
02-21-2016, 05:47 AM
Wait so do we remember why we were headed to georgia?

Yes. You were heading to Charles' B-day party.

Dire Hoef
02-22-2016, 12:19 AM
We need Merry to post... Come hither Merry and post your goodness!

Merry
02-22-2016, 12:47 AM
working on a post now, sorry for the delay.. I've got a miserable cold.

Dire Hoef
02-22-2016, 02:06 AM
working on a post now, sorry for the delay.. I've got a miserable cold.

All is good! GM post coming shortly (either tonight or tomorrow)

rabbit
02-22-2016, 05:23 AM
Sorry, didn't mean to zone out there!

I passed out watching an anime and then had a new dog walk in Beverly Hills this morning - going up and down the hills like that even at a walk took it out of me, and let me tell you, when they say "one mini and one giant Schnauzer" they mean giant. Like, I think I walked a small horse. http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9gct8HYvv1qzckow.gif

Anyway! It's fine! I've edited it, do with me as you please!

Dire Hoef
02-22-2016, 06:19 AM
Sorry, didn't mean to zone out there!

I passed out watching an anime and then had a new dog walk in Beverly Hills this morning - going up and down the hills like that even at a walk took it out of me, and let me tell you, when they say "one mini and one giant Schnauzer" they mean giant. Like, I think I walked a small horse. http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9gct8HYvv1qzckow.gif

Anyway! It's fine! I've edited it, do with me as you please!

You're smooth to post! Go ahead. You'll see that you've put into a... different... situation..

rabbit
02-22-2016, 07:38 AM
I'm enjoying writing this way too much.

Merry
02-23-2016, 02:36 AM
Starting to get interesting! :) really glad I'm in this game guys.. it's been awhile, and I feel SO rusty...

Kicks
02-23-2016, 03:00 AM
I thought you said crusty XD I was like "well I know she's older than me... but I didn't think THAT old"

Dire Hoef
02-23-2016, 03:09 AM
It's only going to get more interesting.

Dire Hoef
02-23-2016, 03:13 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opV7Dis9A1o

Listen to this album, and I'll tell you one thing: "Welcome to Hoef's Twisted Wonderland"

rabbit
02-23-2016, 06:13 PM
Starting to get interesting! :) really glad I'm in this game guys.. it's been awhile, and I feel SO rusty...

You and me both, Merry http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2vn2jqz4p1qdlkyg.gif

Dire Hoef
02-23-2016, 11:43 PM
GM POST INBOUND!!!! ^_^

Merry
02-29-2016, 11:49 PM
DH - in your previous post you indicated that searching around in the leaves I might find something else... can I? suggestions? thoughts?
guidance please! :)

Dire Hoef
03-01-2016, 02:25 AM
DH - in your previous post you indicated that searching around in the leaves I might find something else... can I? suggestions? thoughts?
guidance please! :)

Ah yes.

I'll add it here:

[] You find a etching in the floor. The etching is incomprehensible, but you can make out that it seems very religious. []

Do what you must with this knowledge.

Merry
03-02-2016, 01:25 AM
ok.. I'll see what i can do with that thought.... thank you! :)

Dire Hoef
03-02-2016, 01:54 AM
ok.. I'll see what i can do with that thought.... thank you! :)

No problem.

N a m i n e_600
03-07-2016, 11:33 PM
First Name:
Kateryna
Middle Name:
-
Last Name:
Kalashnik
Nickname(s):
Kat/Mystery girl/Razor(For her very sharp tongue and stubborn nature)

Sex:
Female
Ukrainian
28/02/1996
Ukraine
Sexual Oreintation:
Homosexual/Lesbian

Skills
Is a natural born fighter and survivor. Good in combat, excellent at hunting. Knows how to use her daggers.
Primary Language(s):
Ukrainian/English
Secondary Language(s):
English
Affiliation(s):
WIP
Connection(s):
WIP

Personality:
Kateryna is an odd one. Most of the time she can come across as cold hearted and untrusting. She is independent, and never relies on others. After a history of loss and heartbreak, shes never been the same. (Also, she is quite the badass )
Kat is wise, brave and thoughtful. Some call her 'Kat', others call her 'Mystery girl' -Mainly because shes a very mysterious yet intriguing character. She tends to shut out her emotions, or seems as though she does at least. Which makes others wonder if she has the ability to feel anything at all. This is a skill she has always had, and needed. She is the type that believes feelings are a weakness. She hates the thought of exposure and vulnerability. This is one reason as to why she never allows herself to get close to anyone, because she believes that everyone she grows close to either leaves or dies. (So you probably think she's a character with a crap personality)
But really, if anyone is able to get past her defences, and break down her walls, you'll find a completely different person underneath.
Kateryna is stubborn and most of the time believes she's right, but her heart isn't completely non-existent. (Metaphorically speaking) She can feel, and she does have a caring nature once you get to know her. (Anyone care to take the challenge? ;) )

training,
playing mind games,
telling mysterious riddles,
children. (Kat has a weakness for children for some unknown reason, though she never told anyone why.)
Dislikes:
Fire. (One of her fears)
Loosing in a fight,
Being told what to do. (Kat is a born leader, and prefers to not be stuck behind some moron who may not know what theyre doing.)
Questions. (Too many, its irritating.)
Pet Peeves:
once again, people who don't know how to keep their nose out of her business.
Brief History/Biography:
Born and raised as an orphan in Ukraine, knows nothing of her parents identity or why they abandoned her.
At the age of sixteen she left the orphanage, not waning to waste her life stuck behind walls with people who don't understand her. Living by herself has given her the opportunity to survive alone, and grow used to not having people around. Pretty much everything irritates her.
The rest is secret, she doesn't share any information about her history with anyone. But perhaps her history is too dark for anyone to bear. (She wouldn't be much of a mystery if you knew her entire backstory now would she? :) )

'Where am I?'

Dire Hoef
03-08-2016, 12:58 AM
First Name:
Kateryna
Middle Name:
-
Last Name:
Kalashnik
Nickname(s):
Kat/Mystery girl/Razor(For her very sharp tongue and stubborn nature)

Sex:
Female
Ukrainian
28/02/1996
Ukraine
Sexual Oreintation:
Homosexual/Lesbian

Skills
Is a natural born fighter and survivor. Good in combat, excellent at hunting. Knows how to use her daggers.
Primary Language(s):
Ukrainian/English
Secondary Language(s):
English
Affiliation(s):
WIP
Connection(s):
WIP

Personality:
Kateryna is an odd one. Most of the time she can come across as cold hearted and untrusting. She is independent, and never relies on others. After a history of loss and heartbreak, shes never been the same. (Also, she is quite the badass )
Kat is wise, brave and thoughtful. Some call her 'Kat', others call her 'Mystery girl' -Mainly because shes a very mysterious yet intriguing character. She tends to shut out her emotions, or seems as though she does at least. Which makes others wonder if she has the ability to feel anything at all. This is a skill she has always had, and needed. She is the type that believes feelings are a weakness. She hates the thought of exposure and vulnerability. This is one reason as to why she never allows herself to get close to anyone, because she believes that everyone she grows close to either leaves or dies. (So you probably think she's a character with a crap personality)
But really, if anyone is able to get past her defences, and break down her walls, you'll find a completely different person underneath.
Kateryna is stubborn and most of the time believes she's right, but her heart isn't completely non-existent. (Metaphorically speaking) She can feel, and she does have a caring nature once you get to know her. (Anyone care to take the challenge? ;) )

training,
playing mind games,
telling mysterious riddles,
children. (Kat has a weakness for children for some unknown reason, though she never told anyone why.)
Dislikes:
Fire. (One of her fears)
Loosing in a fight,
Being told what to do. (Kat is a born leader, and prefers to not be stuck behind some moron who may not know what theyre doing.)
Questions. (Too many, its irritating.)
Pet Peeves:
once again, people who don't know how to keep their nose out of her business.
Brief History/Biography:
Born and raised as an orphan in Ukraine, knows nothing of her parents identity or why they abandoned her.
At the age of sixteen she left the orphanage, not waning to waste her life stuck behind walls with people who don't understand her. Living by herself has given her the opportunity to survive alone, and grow used to not having people around. Pretty much everything irritates her.
The rest is secret, she doesn't share any information about her history with anyone. But perhaps her history is too dark for anyone to bear. (She wouldn't be much of a mystery if you knew her entire backstory now would she? :) )

'Where am I?'

I'm dearly sorry, but we already have the people needed for this game. Forgot to say this was closed. :(

rabbit
03-20-2016, 10:36 PM
Ok so, if you haven't noticed I haven't been able to post for this game. I've tried and tried, several times over, to concoct a post but the way you're trying to guide and manipulate this is not something I'm comfortable with. I feel you're giving me very limited options, and not allowing me to do things the way my character would, nor are you being very clear with location descriptions or you're contradicting and I'm just overall confused and frustrated.

That said, I will not be able to continue in this game.