PDA

View Full Version : Couples Face Off [A Valentines Event]

Soulio
02-12-2016, 03:16 AM
Welcome to Lovers Quarrel! A member made event that centers around romantically themed writing challenges in the spirit of Valentines Day!

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r733/SoulReaper97/Couples%20Face%20Off_zpspgtlqel6.jpg (http://s1364.photobucket.com/user/SoulReaper97/media/Couples%20Face%20Off_zpspgtlqel6.jpg.html)
In this event, couples will square off against other couples in a fight to the death writing challenge starting on the 14th, and ending on the 21st. Couples can be with enemies (good luck with that), friends, sisters, brothers, mothers, fathers, your significant other, your dog! So long as they have an account that you don't run, you're golden!

Each day from the 14th to the 21st, a new challenge will be posted. The way it will work is, say on the 14th I post a challenge. It will last until the stroke of midnight on the 15th PST time (unless you come to me with a solid excuse) and so on and so forth until it ends. So it technically means the event TRULY ends on the 22nd, but ignore those semantics. The top three couples will be bequeathed with the greatest of all prizes... The Hearts. The Number One couple will get the Golden Heart, the Number Two couple will get the Silver Heart, and the Number Three couple will get the Bronze Heart.

So, let's get down to the nitty gritty, and set some rules.

Rules:
1: You must have a partner to participate. If you do not have a partner and an individual is available, one will be appointed to you! You have until the 14th, apologies on the short notice.

2: Play nice! Valentines is a day of love, I'm extending it to a week because I decided I want to!

3: You must complete the challenge with your partner. Obviously I cannot be absolutely certain this is happening, so honor code is in place here. And this puppy (http://www.astro.cornell.edu/~derg/style/1577-puppy-cute-baby1.jpg) will be sorely disappointed in you if you break this rule.

4: Follow all RPA rules

Judges
1.SoulReaper
2. Kicks

The Couples!
Couple 1: Stormwolf and Megilwen
Couple 2: NotWhoIWas and Karma
Couple 3: Breggo13 and Nymphadora!!!!!
Couple 4:
Couple 5:

Questions? PM SoulReaper and I'll answer to the best of my abilities! Good luck!

Duke
02-12-2016, 03:52 PM
Do competitors sign up here, or message you or did you have something else in mind?

Soulio
02-12-2016, 04:05 PM
Yeah, just post in the thread with who your partner is :)

Megilwen
02-13-2016, 06:14 PM
Stormwolf and Megilwen

.Karma.
02-13-2016, 06:16 PM
NotWhoIWas and Karma

Soulio
02-13-2016, 09:32 PM
Current couples are up!

Is anyone else interested? I need at least three more! And one more judge!

Nymphadora
02-13-2016, 11:37 PM
Breggo13 and Nymphadora!!!!!

:D :D :D

DCaesar of Wakanda
02-14-2016, 12:14 AM
*chuckles*
*shall keep an eye on this thread* <--(Blind Joke)

Nymphadora
02-14-2016, 10:39 AM
*chuckles*
*shall keep an eye on this thread* <--(Blind Joke)

Definitely laughed harder than I should have xD

Breggo13
02-14-2016, 04:07 PM
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!

.Karma.
02-14-2016, 04:10 PM
So, even if you don't get 5 couples, can we still do this?

Breggo13
02-14-2016, 04:30 PM
^^ That :) I think it'd still be fun to do with less than 5 :)

.Karma.
02-14-2016, 04:37 PM
Yes, even if we just did it because we wanted to <3

Soulio
02-14-2016, 08:51 PM
Yeah, sorry. I literally only woke up four minutes ago.

Anyhoo! Yeah, we can do it anyway. Top Three badges won't be handed out, but participation badges will.

You're first challenge is...

With your Partner, create a love poem. Any length is permissible.

Soulio
02-14-2016, 08:51 PM
Yeah, sorry. I literally only woke up four minutes ago.

Anyhoo! Yeah, we can do it anyway. Top Three badges won't be handed out, but participation badges will.

You're first challenge is...

With your Partner, create a love poem. Any length is permissible.

Megilwen
02-14-2016, 10:58 PM
What's the due date and time for this?

Soulio
02-15-2016, 01:20 AM
It will last until the stroke of midnight on the 15th PST time (unless you come to me with a solid excuse) and so on and so forth until it ends. So it technically means the event TRULY ends on the 22nd, but ignore those semantics.

So tomorrow at midnight.

Megilwen
02-15-2016, 01:25 AM
Okay thanks

Notty
02-15-2016, 03:31 AM
Do we PM our submissions to you, or post them here in the thread?

Soulio
02-15-2016, 03:33 AM
Well, since judges are kinda moot (seeming as though there's no need for top places) you can just post em here. Have everyone enjoy them, lol.

.Karma.
02-15-2016, 03:37 AM
We could still have a 'winner'. :) This was so fun. Thanks for doing this, Soul :)

Notty
02-15-2016, 03:40 AM
Karma&NotWhoIWas' Poem for Day 1 of challenge!!

Love, the infamous word that brings so many emotions to mind
But oh no! Now I've got a gift to find!
I rush to the store, to see what is there
Chocolates, twelve roses, and a stuffed teddy bear.
I rush through the people and crowds and long lines,
then ran back in, I nearly forgot the wine!

This day, without doubt, would be the best that there was
I will show her how much I love her, for everything that she does.
Tonight the farting in bed will be all but a horrible dream,
The nail biting, stinky feet, and booger eating will be forgotten in this scene.
I shall woo her, romance her, bring the spark back to our love,
And I'll finally get lucky again, don't forget the glove!

The table is set, the mood is prepared,
Now, just to wait patiently, I've even pulled out her chair.
She sweeps and she swoons and she sits before me,
Her eyes sparkle like the stars when I get down on one knee.
Could this be it? The moment she's awaited for years?
A smile from ear to ear, her beautiful orbs start to shine with tears

This is it- the moment of truth- all around me has seemed to still,
I just need to quickly wipe up this spill!
In the hustle and bustle of all that was going on,
I had made a little mess, standing up holding the run away crouton.
"What? A crouton?! I thought you held a ring!" she cried,
How stupid am I? "Let's just skip to the honeymoon." is what I replied.

So now I am hers, and now she is mine,
See what happens when I decide to wine and dine?

Nymphadora
02-15-2016, 07:48 PM
Breggo13&Nymphadora's Challenge number 1 Love poem!

-A love poem from Fenerick to Mirabelle, characters in our Rp
that we are writing together. Enjoy our pretties!-

Since the first moment I looked upon you, I saw all your beauty,
It was enough to make me wish I could reliquinsh my duties.
From your blazing red locks to yor lustrous green eyes,
Your confidence and passion for things are what I idolize.

A fire you started inside me that night,
When I held you in my arms, sleeping tight.
Though you believe I fear your inner flame,
Love for me is never a game.

It was your fiery spirit that drew me to you,
Now moments where you laugh are far between and too few.
Your love of life and your vitality within,
Are as colorful as an elusive serpent's fin.

Leaving you wondering what would have been,
If only you smiled more and laughed at the inn.
Now you are forced to be more like me,
Pretending, forced, contained when you wish to be free.

My fire maid, my little fox, my flower,
What would I give to forgo all this power
That makes the women follow me like wolves
Howling and stalking? They are all fools.

Why cannot everyone around in these walls see
That you're the only one who's dear to me.
And when I'm back in weeks or months apart
You'll melt the hardness of my warrior heart.

Oh what I wouldn't do to save you from this fate.
But in order to do so, I can only watch you and wait.
So I give pause to my actions for you to grow stronger
Until the day we can leave, delaying our freedom and love no longer.

Soulio
02-15-2016, 08:30 PM
Twelve hours until tomorrow's challenge is over!

Today's challenge is the one so was raving about!

With your partner, make a cheesy romantic short story/flash fiction

.Karma.
02-16-2016, 03:26 AM
Ummm well, we got off track... It was intended to be a cheesy love story... and this is what we ended up with >.>

I guess it could be rated M... it references a few adult topics? Nothing too much, but better to be safe then sorry.

"No, Frank, please!" Cynthia cried, her tears running down her cheeks. "Please, you know that I love you. You must know it!"

Frank solemnly turned his head away. "Then why did you sleep with my twin brother, how could you not know that it wasn't me?!"

Cynthia's face dropped as she began to cry. "But Frank, you're identical..."

Frank's face turned, full of anger. "Cynthia. He has 8 fingers. I have 10...."

-gasp-

"Now tell me, is the baby mine, or my brothers?!"

"It's...it's..." Cynthia sobs uncontrollably. "Joe, the plumbers..." Her soft voice trailed off into sounds of heartbreaking sobs.

Frank turns away toward the fireplace gripping the ledge that held all of their family pictures until his knuckles turned white. Finally letting out a growl of pure anger, his hands swung up, knocking all the pictures off into a pile of broken glass on the floor.

"I guess he didn't tell you this either then.." Frank began, looking back with disgust at the women he thought he loved. "I'm his gay lover..."

"No! It can't be true! He said he loved me!" Her eyes turned to search Franks for the truth, but she didn't see any deceit there. How could she have been so stupid!

Frank turned his face from Cynthia as a knock came to the door. Hastening quickly, he opened it, to find his brother, Devin, standing before them.

"You scoundrel!" Frank shouted, punching Devin. "How could you have slept with my wife?!"

Devin leans up, his nose bloodied. "Your wife? That..." his eyes widened as he looked to Cynthia. "Rose Marie, what are you doing here?!!"

A smug smile came over Cynthia's face. "You see Frank, you're not the only one with a twin!"

Both men looked confused, had she slept with Devin or not? Even Devin did not know!

The smile stayed on her face because she inside she had devised a plot. She was getting out, orignally planned it to be with the plumber, but she could alter that. She was going to take half of their money too. Yes! She was going to get what she deserved!

Devin looked to Cynthia, then to Frank, then back to Cynthia. "Frank- how...how could you?"

Frank threw his hands up in outrage, "I didn't sleep with this woman, Jean-Pierre did!"

Devin's eyes widened, "and who the hell is Jean-Pierre?"

"Franks gay lover!" Cynthia blurted out to get the eyes off of her, raising and eyebrow at Frank and then looking to Devin and back again.

Devin looked shocked, dumbfounded trying to search for words. His eyes staring at Frank.

Bustling around the room Cynthia starts to gather things up, things that she considered 'hers'

Frank's cheeks heated as Cynthia blurted out his secret. Devin simply shook his head in disbelief, "I thought...the.....the plumber was your...." Frank sighed and dropped his head.

"I'm sorry brother, I'm sorry that I'm so shameful. Perhaps I should just go..." he turned dramatically towards the door.

"WAIT! I have one more thing to tell you!" Cynthia whipped around on her heels to look at the men, but as she did, her feet got tangled in the rug.

Both of the men, reached out to try and catch her but they were too late. Her head hit the glass coffee table and shattered in to pieces. Cynthia just laid there, unmoving.

"NO!!!!!!!!!!" Devin shouted, throwing himself on the floor near Cynthia. "My love, it was all for you! It was always for you!" He cried, his hands covered with her blood.

Frank began to hyperventilate, and passed out on the floor.

"If I cannot have you my love, if we cannot be together, then....then life is meaningless!" Devin cried bitterly.

Devin's ears suddenly perked up as he heard a door open and close. Tear stained eyes looked up to meet the prettybaby blues of a shirtless Jean-Pierre.

The plumber looked over the scene and immediately went to a large picture on the wall, pulling it to the side and revealing a safe. He had spent a long time sleeping with this family to learn the code, and he had got it just in time apparently. Opening the safe he pulled out all the contents with a grin before looking at Devin.

Devin looked confused, maybe even angry at first, but Jean gave him that smolder and with a voice that could melt your heart he nodded toward the door. "Well come on then, let's get out of here." And both disappeared out the door.

Megilwen
02-16-2016, 07:16 AM
The Warrior and his Wife

Dressed in his finest,
Warrior braids neat and tight,
He stood under the sacred tree
Watching for his Betrothed.

The boat cut across the still water,
Father pulling the oars,
Daughter seated across from him.
Eager eyes searching the Isle.

The sound of water against wood,
In the heat of battle
He was the bravest warrior
Now he shifts nervously as he waits

There a strong figure
Her heart sped up.
Thudding in her chest.
Soon they’d be together.

As his beloved stepped from the boat
His breath left his chest.
How could this beautiful creature
Be only his.

The girl smiled at him,
As they met under the tree
Their hands intertwined
As they pledged themselves together.

Soulio
02-17-2016, 01:05 AM
Excellent submissions so far guys :) Apologies about the late challenge for today, there'll be a day extension on it.

Today's challenge is: With your partner, create the perfect couple. Character sheet and all!

Megilwen
02-17-2016, 01:08 AM
Do you have a sheet template you'd want us to use?

Soulio
02-17-2016, 01:54 AM
Nah, it's up to you how you on what you want to have in the sheet. Makes it more interesting and variable.

Nymphadora
02-17-2016, 02:16 AM
Breggo13&Nym's Challenge number 2 - Cheesy and romantic Short Story!
And let me tell you, is it cheesy xD
Enjoy our Pretties!

"But Brennan! I wanted you to help me get ready tonight! It's supposed to be perfect! He's going to be there!" I cried, looking into my computer screen at my best friend since third grade as we skyped. And by he I meant the boy who covertly put a red rose in my locker everyday of school this past week after asking me to prom through a note saying he was my secret admirer. I tried once again to think of who it could be, no one ever showed any interest in me, I was a plain, uninteresting girl, more involved in my school work than in mingling with my classmates.

"I'm sorry Chelsea, mum says I have to skip tonight. I gotta watch Lea while her and dad go out to dinner." He said. He didn't look sorry at all. Lea was his little sister. Only seven years old, and the biggest little brat who I adored. I scowled at him and his amused expression.

"What if I like him back when I meet him?" I asked.

"I hope you do." He said with amusement in his voice. "You need to date somebody before your highschool career is over." He laughed.

"You're a jerk. You know that? You've only had one girlfriend. So you hardly have any room to talk."

"Ahhhh, yes. And I hated every minute of dating her." He said whimsically.

"I repeat my previous statement. You're a jerk." I laughed and he did as well.

"Well, you better hurry up and get your gorgeous self ready for your admirer. Don't want to keep him waiting. Sorry I'll miss the look on your face." I could totally tell he was enjoying this far too much for his own good.

"I'm going to miss being able to punch you when things go sour. You know that always makes me feel better." I smiled.

"Aye. I've got bruises to prove it." He chuckled.

"Liar. Alright. I'll let you go watch some Maggie and the Ferocious Beast or Teletubbies or whatever it is Lea is into these days." I laughed.

"Worse. She's into Hannah Montanna." He sounded pained as he ran his hand through his medium length brown hair.

"Ewwww. Good luck with that!" I laughed.

"Yea. I might die. You better have an amazing eulogy prepared by this Sunday." We both chuckled.

"Will do. I'll be sure to think on it while I'm dancing." I kept giggling.

"Alright, thanks." He said in a playfully bitter tone. "Night Chelse."

"Night Bren." I hung up and sighed. I finished getting ready and checked myself out in the mirror. Amazed that I had transformed myself from my normally drab self into a modern day Juliet. A soft Violet dress that swayed around me like soft silk, my hair fell down around my face in fancy curls with sparkles in it. I put my deep purple mask on to see how it went with the dress again, the theme for our senior prom was Masquerade, perfect for a secret admirer to make an appearance I guess... I smiled at myself and then skipped down the stairs bare foot, my matching shoes in hand. My mom already had tears in her eyes when I got downstairs and my dad was beaming a huge smile at me. "Ready to go sweetheart?" I nodded enthusiastically. "Am I ever!"

"Pictures first!" Mom cried and I sighed.

Our van pulled up to the school's curb just outside the doors and my heart was beating uncontrollably. I hugged both my parents but the humiliation apparently wasn't over yet. They both got out with me and Nicole was already standing there waiting. More pictures with her and then finally we were allowed to go off and do our own thing with one last wave 'goodbye' to my parents. "Are you nervous?" Nicole asked me.

"Definitely. Let's go call a table with the girls." Meaning to find a spot to set our stuff with the rest of our group. They weren't hard to find and all the while, I couldn't stop looking around for the mystery man. Even though it was no use with all the masks around us.

"Stop looking so eager! He's going to know you're desperate." Nicole laughed and I groaned, dropping my head down on my arms as I sat at the table. The teacher who was the head of the chaperones tonight stood up at the mic to welcome us all and then introduced the DJ and let the music commence. "Come on, let's dance." Nicole grabbed my arm and pulled me up. I nodded and let myself get lost in the music, no longer stressing about the secret admirer. After seven songs I began to think it was all just a joke someone had played on me and Nicole was helping me feel better by telling me that guys were all just jackasses anyhow. I agreed completely and by the time the third slow dance came up I was about ready to hide under the table since Aaron, Nicole's crush had come to ask her to dance and I was the only one sitting there.

"Sorry I got here late. Would you still like to dance with me Chelsea?" I could hardly hear the voice over the music, even though it was a slow song, it was still pretty loud. I turned around quickly out of surprise to see a guy with red hair and a mask that covered not just his eyes like most people, but half his face.

I smiled nervously. "My-"

"Secret admirer. Yes." He gave a half smile, holding out his hand.

I took it and allowed him to help me up and he led me over to the dance floor. I put my hands on his shoulders and he put his on my waist with a mischievous grin. "I know you." I said.

"Well, we are in the same grade." He said as we began to move to the music.

"How many classes do we have together?"

"A few." He dodged the exact number, never losing that playful smile. I tried to think of all the red headed kids in my class.

"How many is a few? And which ones are they?" I decided to be more specific.

He surprised me by twirling me around, almost making me lose my balance. "Still as clumsy as always." He chuckled. "How about we not worry about trying to figure out who I am at the moment and just enjoy the dance." He offered.

"I'm not clumsy." I said defensively. "You just caught me off guard. But fine. What kind of things do you like then." I conceded.

"I like a lot of the things you like." He said, and he pulled me a little closer to him.

I thought about fighting it, but decided against it. "How would you know? Are you some kind of stalker?"

He laughed outright and I decided I liked his laugh. There was something familiar about it. "Let's just say I've liked you for a long time." He grinned.

"Define long time." I couldn't help the smile that came to my lips.

"Long enough to learn almost everything about you. Like how your favorite song changes pretty much every week. You favorite color is blue. Not just any blue, but electric blue. You are obsessed with butterflies. You're an insane teacher's pet and even ask for extra homework for more credit in classes. Oh, you tear apart your pizza, removing all the toppings, and the cheese, then you lick off the sauce and eat the crust and dough, then the cheese and then the toppings... I've always thought that was cute. Weird as hell, but cute." He laughed.

I stared at him in disbelief. "You are a stalker!" I laughed and he joined in.

"Then you don't even want to know everything else I know." He shook his head, more laughter emitting from him.

"I don't know whether to be flattered or to run screaming from the room and file for a restraining order." Before anything else could be said the song ended, but another slow song started. I looked up at the DJ. "Two slow songs in a row, that never happens."

"I called in a favor." He grinned and I shook my head. He leaned in. "Can I kiss you?"

My heart leapt in my chest. NO! My mind screamed, but I felt my head nod. What the hell? He grinned and leaned in further, when our lips pressed against each other's my stomach did a somersault and both of our feet stopped moving. That's when I knew. I'd know that familiar scent anywhere. I pulled back, my eyes wide as I looked at him. "Brennan?!" I exclaimed, shocked.

He grinned sheepishly and pulled his mask off, and the wig, revealing his chocolate brown hair. "Surprised?" He asked. I only nodded mutely, unable to take my eyes off him. "Well?" He pressed.

"I-I..." I stammered. "Why didn't you tell me?" I asked.

"I did. Just now." He said with a shrug, his cocky smile returning. "I've loved you since the third grade Chelse."

I stared, stunned for about a whole thirty seconds in silence until slowly a grin started to spread across my face. "You know... I actually was a little jealous when you were dating Lisa? I thought it was just because she was taking you away from me, even though you still spent more time with me than her." I laughed.

He shook his head and rolled his head. "You silly girl." I shrugged my shoulders and laughed. "You're too oblivious for you're own good. Or for my health." He said with a wide grin. "Keeping me in all this suspense."

I laughed and he leaned in again. This time I knew exactly who I was kissing. And enjoyed it all the more.

Kicks
02-17-2016, 03:18 PM
*reads intently, sweat pouring down face*

Soulio
02-17-2016, 08:42 PM
Today's challenge With your partner, make a devastating break up scene

Breggo13
02-17-2016, 09:00 PM
Soul…you extended the previous challenge, no?

Soulio
02-17-2016, 09:07 PM
Yup! It has a day extension. So if my sick head has it right, it can be turned in when this one is turned in.

Notty
02-18-2016, 04:22 AM
His
Name: Harrison Clark
Appearance:https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/85/89/62/858962ad6a7c4815037e3e5019d7fcc2.jpg

Hers
Name: Olivia McKinley
Appearance:http://www.laughspark.info/uploadfiles/megan-fox-pretty-face-635668873059444664-11177.jpg

Growing up together in a small town, Harrison and Olivia were the best of friends. They spent their summers as kids building forts, camping out in each other’s backyards, and exploring the woods near their house. It didn’t seem to matter where you were- if you saw one of them, the other wasn’t far behind.
As the two got older, their friendship deepened. And while their friends continually asked if they were dating, each would reply, “what? No...they’re my best friend…” It wasn’t strange, it was natural. They were comfortable and familiar with each other, and it seemed that everyone could see the attraction, see how absolutely perfect they were for each other, except for themselves.
When graduation rolled around, Harrison and Olivia walked together, had their party together- even planned to attend the same college. And they did, for the first 3 years. Life seemed to be utterly and completely perfect. While Olivia was going to school for Creative Writing, Harrison was more business minded. During his senior year, he was approached by a large business in New York that had caught wind of several projects he had worked on, and offered him an internship. Olivia urged him to take it- it had been the thing that Harrison had dreamt of most in his life, and taking his best friend’s advice, he accepted the internship.
It was a whirlwind after that, Harrison packed up and moved to New York, Olivia was supportive of her best friend, but couldn’t help to feel a pang of loneliness as she walked across the stage alone at graduation. Time went by, and within 2 months of Harrison starting the internship, he had been offered a full time job. Happier than he had ever been, he called to let Olivia know the good news. Olivia, as she had always been, was supportive and excited for him, and let Harrison know about the job she had gotten at the local newspaper. It was exactly what she had wanted, and together they celebrated each other’s good news.
But as it seems to go, slowly the two drifted apart. At first it was Skype calls going unanswered due to late nights at the office, then phone calls having to be ignored because of meetings, and finally texts being forgotten because they were so exhausted at the end of the day.
After nearly 6 months at his job, Harrison had completely thrown himself into his new life, and had all but forgotten Olivia. That all changed when he got a text from his Mom. Olivia in the hospital. Terminal cancer.
The next flight back home, Harrison was on it. How could he have been so stupid? How could he have let his best friend go like this? How scared had she been? How alone? And it was all his fault…
With a bouquet of pink tulips, Harrison headed into the hospital, Olivia was changed. Smaller than she was before, her skin slightly paler, and...very short hair. She smiled slightly when he entered the room, her eyes brightening.
Harrison spent the next week in the room with Olivia, never leaving her side. When his boss called, demanding where he was, Harrison quit, and told him that he had no intention of returning. Olivia tried to tell him to reconsider, but he wouldn’t have it. While the doctors wouldn’t tell Olivia everything, Harrison had caught enough to know that things weren’t good. Olivia had days- weeks if she was lucky.
Stealing away one afternoon while she slept, Harrison left the hospital. He had work to do. When Olivia awoke, her room had been completely transformed. The bare walls of the hospital room were draped in beautiful fabrics, an arch had been constructed and was laden with fresh, fragrant flowers. Harrison sat beside her bed, his eyes focused on only her as she took in everything around her, eyes misty with tears.
It was then, that Harrison told Olivia everything. How he had felt. How he had always felt. That he loved her, and only her. She had always been the one for him, and he had just been blind to it. Now, he knew. It took knowing that he would lose her, to make him realize how desperately he needed her in his life. Pushing himself from the chair, he knelt beside her bed, took her hand in his, and proposed, presenting her with his great-grandmother’s ring.
They were married then and there. With no one else around except for the nurses and the preacher. Harrison had managed to get an approval for Olivia to leave the hospital, and Harrison took her to his family’s lake house, where they had spent so many summers together as children. He loved her there, without abandon, for four, perfect days. On the fifth morning, when he awoke, he knew that something wasn’t right. Olivia’s skin was pale, she was cold. Harrison called 911, and the paramedics came. Olivia was alive, but barely. While unresponsive to all their tests, she did hold on to his hand as they wheeled her out.
In the ambulance, crossing the bridge where they had their first kiss when they were 10, Olivia’s eyes fluttered open. Leaning over, Harrison pressed his lips to hers, his voice barely a whisper as he spoke. “I will always love you…” Olivia returned a weak smile, then closed her eyes as Harrison gently rested his forehead against hers. The sudden drone of the machines flat lining filled the ambulance, and Olivia was gone.

Nymphadora
02-18-2016, 08:11 AM
I hate you for making me cry! T.T

Lol

.Karma.
02-18-2016, 11:25 AM
<3 We were crying while writing it

Soulio
02-18-2016, 06:51 PM
With your partner, using this prompt, write a short piece: "Honey, I'm having an affair with your mother's sister."

.Karma.
02-19-2016, 03:16 AM
Karma&Notty
Break up prompt:

How does one live without a heart? Walk around with a gaping hole in their chest, that no one else can see, but causes unbearable pain. But you do bear it, sometimes you even smile. You eat, sleep, go about your daily life. But all the while something is missing, and only you can feel it.

There is a point in time where you do actually run out of tears, but that does not mean you stop crying. How long had she been in this bed? Ember didn’t know, the scene from that night just played on replay over and over and over that she still felt like she was there, in his arms, hearing for the last time how much he loved her.

Jackson had come over, as he usually did on Thursday evenings. Chinese or pizza, then a movie, or simply talking on the couch until she fell asleep. Then Jackson would carry Ember up to her room, tuck her into bed. Once he was certain that she was sleeping soundly, he’d head downstairs, clean up, lock up her house and head home.

He loved her. Jackson had always loved Ember, as long as he could remember. From the very first time he kissed her, outside her parent’s house- gosh, it made him blush to remember it. He had been so nervous, wanting to kiss her so badly, he nearly missed her lips. To the first time they shared a bed, Jackson had always been hers. Completely and wholly.

Except for tonight. Tonight had quite possibly been the worst night of his life. Jackson had been searching for jobs for a while now- it wasn’t that he didn’t have one, he just knew that he could be doing better than what he was currently doing. Several months ago, on a whim, Jackson applied for a position in Scotland, thinking that it would be exotic and exciting to be somewhere else and working. Never in his life, did he think that he would actually get it.

Tonight when he arrived, Jackson opened the door quietly and stepped in. No Chinese or pizza in hand, instead, he held a thick envelope with Ember’s name on the front. A soft, weak smile played on his lips as he stepped into the living room. Gently he pressed his lips to the forehead of the woman he loved most in the world, and instantly a knot grew in his throat. How was he to tell her? How was he to bring her world shattering down around her?

Embers whole face lit up when Jackson stepped into the living room. The same excited smile that was always plastered on her face whenever he was around. It was instinctual, she couldn’t help it. He was her whole reason for living.

Wait. Her smile dropped a little. Something was different. His smile did not reach those beautiful blue eyes of his. The kiss on her forehead wasn’t as warm and was not followed up with a kiss to her nose or lips. He was not holding food.

Ember placed both her hands on the side of his face and looked into his eyes, searching them before she found her voice. “I..Is everything okay? Are you okay?” Her heart was pounding out of her chest, what could be wrong? Had someone died? Was he hurt? Her mind was running wild, but on the outside she appeared calm. If it was something crucial, she needed to be strong for him.

Jackson gave Ember the best smile that he could, closing his eyes briefly as her hands found his cheeks. He loved it when she held his face, and he leaned down and rested his forehead against hers before speaking, his voice husky, barely a whisper. “Ember...I….” he began, his voice breaking as he took in a deep breath. “I’m leaving…”

Her breath caught in her throat, her heart sinking in her chest. What did he mean? What was he saying? Maybe he had to go away for business just for a little while. Why had he left it there, he knew how much her anxiety could consume her. The hands on his face started to shake a little. “Leaving? What… what do you mean leaving?” Her own voice was now just a whisper, like somehow if spoken too loud it would make her worst fears come true. That it would shatter her heart that she could already feel cracking inside her chest.

Jackson could see the pain, see the hurt on her face and it broke him. He had been the one who caused this. His words. His actions. Before, he was so used to being the one who could heal those wounds, and now, he was the one inflicting them.

“It’s uh…” he began, his voice breaking as he tried to steady it. “I’m….a job. Scotland.” he choked out, leaning back a little to look at Ember, his fingers brushing her jaw. “They want me flying out tomorrow…” Jackson shifted a little and let out a long sigh. “I just….I don’t know how long I’ll be gone, or how often I’ll be able to come home. And….and it’s not fair for you to have to wait for me…so….I’ll….I’ll just leave.”

He knew her too well, he knew she wouldn’t be able to go with him. She was needed here. Ember couldn’t help but lean into the hand again her face, tears brimming her eyes. No, stay strong. This was a good opportunity for him. She couldn’t take it from him. She couldn’t. Ember took a deep breath that shuddered a bit even though she tried so hard to keep it level. “N..o…” She choked out before steadying her voice. “This is good for you. I’m so happy for you, Jackson. Scotland? I can only imagine.” She tried to put a smile on her face, but it physically hurt. Piece by piece she could feel her heart breaking. “I want you to go, and be happy there.”

Jackson’s brow furrowed, confusion clouding his face. “You...you want me to go?” he asked, his eyes scanning hers which were somewhat veiled in tears. He knew that she would support him no matter what, but this...this just didn’t seem fair. Closing his eyes, Jackson leaned his forehead against hers again and took in a deep breath. “I love you, Ember…” he whispered, then pressed his lips to hers. Without another word, Jackson let go of Ember and turned and walked from the room, out her front door, and into the night.

Ember’s lips brushed his and then pulled him in deeper, those tears threatening to pour down her face. As soon as he stepped out the door, her knees collapsed and the sobs overtook her. Curling her knees to her chest as she cried. “Love you too.” She whispered.

Nymphadora
02-19-2016, 07:52 AM
Breggo and Nym's Break up scene Challenge:
Enjoy our pretties!

"Son of a- !" Leah yelled out as she dropped the bag of frozen vegetables on the floor in favor of gripping her stubbed toe. She looked down at it in horror as the last two toes immediately began to swell and blood poured out of the end of the pinky. She hopped over to the counter and ripped off a paper towel and wrapped it around her injured appendage, stoppering the bleeding. "That's what you get for rushing, you numb-skull." She mumbled to herself. She reached over and pressed the button on the freezer for ice, making a piece fall on the floor accidentally before she caught one and held it against her swollen toes. She cringed, but she still smiled through the pain as she leaned her head back and thought about how perfect tonight was going to be. Even if fitting her feet into her gorgeous periwinkle blue pumps was going to be a pain in the ass.

After a few minutes, she deemed herself fit to continue and made a quick hobble to the bathroom where she washed off her foot. She remembered the time Adam had helped her after she fell off the bleachers at high school and sliced open her ankle as she watched the blood rinse down the drain. She smiled, thinking about that day. It was shortly before they had started dating, she wasn't captain of the cheer leading squad, but she was still one of the best on the team and he had just been one of the "bad kids" who hid out behind the school to smoke. He had rushed to her side like her own knight in shining armor and like that, she had been hooked. Now seven years later, she was sure he had something planned for tonight. Something special.

It wasn't their actual anniversary today of when they started dating, but Adam had always done something extremely romantic for her on the anniversary of the day they met. Which would be today and she planned to one up him tonight. She straightened up, drying her foot off with a towel and put a bandaid on her pinky toe then returned to the kitchen to clean up her mess. All the while visions and thoughts of things she and Adam had shared danced through her mind. Like the time he had told her he was going to his grandmother's for the weekend, and then surprised her with a trip to his uncle's lake house, just the two of them, together for the weekend.

They had begun dating their junior year of highschool, they went to every dance together, they graduated together, she was with him the day he finally quit smoking for good and got a job he actually enjoyed. And he had likewise been there for her the whole time she had been chasing her dream of becoming a drama professor and was currently in college taking classes for it, working to help support them financially as well since she didn't want him to have to pay for their apartment on his own. She couldn't stop herself, she opened her phone and looked at his message again, smiling to herself.

Gonna be home a little early tonight.
Hope we can get some alone time.

She set her phone back down with another smile and went back to cooking. More memories shooting through her mind. The time when they had gone to the county fair and he had won her the giant stuffed tiger that still sat at the head of their bed. The time he had promised her when they were out laying on a blanket star-gazing, that he was going to help her make all her dreams come true. She had only buried her head in his chest and told him that all of her dreams already were. Which he had replied to saying that he knew better. And here he was, helping her still. Then there was that other time when her mother got really ill, and they knew they were going to lose her... When they did, Adam never left her side, he had been there through it all. She didn't know where she'd be if it weren't for him.

She pulled the roast out of the oven. She cooked for him whenever she had the chance, but with college and work, sometimes she could only do it two or three times a week now. So tonight she was going all out. Everything had to be perfect when she delivered the news. It was precisely 5:42pm when Adam walked through the door. She knew, because she was watching and waiting anxiously. She was standing in the entry hall, leaned against the wall in a form fitting, periwinkle blue dress that matched the aforementioned pumps, which she had painfully crammed her toes into so as to look perfect for him. Her silky brunette hair fell in curvy waves that framed her pronounced cheekbones. Adam stopped as he walked in, taking in the sight and she smiled slowly at him, glad she had caught him off guard.

"Welcome home lover." She cooed and stepped closer to him, slowly slinking her arms around him to peck his cheek lightly.

"I- Uhm, yea. Hey." He stuttered and she giggled, clearly he hadn't expected her to step up her game so much. She gripped his hand and pulled him towards the dining room.

"I made us honey roast with steamed vegetables, mashed potatoes and buttered rolls. The kind I know you love." She laughed softly as she felt him stumbling along behind her.

"What's this for?" He suddenly asked and she stopped in her tracks and turned around. He couldn't have forgotten... "You know..." He said, almost like he was testing out the words.

"Know...?" She repeated. "Know what?" Did he get a promotion at work and he thought she was already celebrating or something?

"Nevermind. What's all this for?" He asked again, gesturing around them at the dinner. This time her stomach did sink a little. He had forgotten. He never had before.

"You don't know?" Was all she could say. Answering a question with her own question.

Suddenly something seemed to dawn on him and he checked his phone. "Shit. I didn't even realize what day it was." He said with a sigh and he put his hand up to his forehead to rub it as if he was getting a headache. Suddenly the night was losing all of its magic for Leah.

"What did you mean by I knew?" She remembered his previous statement and he quit rubbing his forehead to look over at her.

He sighed and shook his head. "Leah. I've been meaning to tell you. I'm leaving you. Since college, and your job... I feel like we've just been growing apart. We live together but we hardly see each other." He said.

Her heart stopped in her chest. She couldn't be hearing these words. Seven years of being there. Seven years of promising he'd continue doing so. And here he was, in one fell swoop, trying to tear that away. She slowly shook her head. "No- I- We haven't. It's just because I didn't want to make you do all the work to-"

"It's not just that Leah. When we are home together, you're never alone. You constantly have your drama classmates over studying with you. Many of which are guys. I've been patient. I've been trusting, but when I come home and see you sprawled out on our bed with another guy with you, it kind of bothers me." He said a little aggressively.

"Jason's gay!" She tried to defend herself.

"What I'm getting at is that it's sad that I see you in our bed with other guys more than I get to see you altogether." He murmured.

Then it dawned on her. It was true. They did rarely get to see each other. But that wasn't always her fault... "There's someone else." She stated.

Adam looked taken aback for a moment and then his face softened as he nodded. Leah involuntarily put her hand on her stomach and the other over her mouth. "How long?" She asked between her fingers.

"A couple weeks. I'm sorry Leah. I wanted to tell you before you got hurt." He said softly.

"Then you should have done it before you went looking for some other woman's bed." She said, her pain immediately turning into anger.

"I understand you're hurt L-"

"Oh do you? Do you understand that I put in over 24 credits of college on top of nearly forty hours of work so that you wouldn't have to support us financially alone. Do you understand that even though I'm bone tired at the end of the day when I get home from work most days, I still cook you dinner the days that I get home early enough to? Do you understand that my group projects, I make my friends come here so that on the off-chance that you come home, I'll get to see you? Do you understand that on top of all of that, I still keep this place clean, I stay faithful to you, I even do your goddamn laundry and anything else you need me to do?! Well?" She raised her voice a little as tears began to sting her eyes.

He was quiet for a few moments as he looked at her with a sad look in his eyes. "I'm sorry Leah."

"Save it." Her hand was still on her stomach. How did she tell him the news she had thought was so beautiful and now seemed so poisonous? If she told him it would just seem a desperate attempt to get him to stay. Nor did she want to use it to hurt him either. She may be hurt herself, but she didn't want to hurt him back. More tears streamed down her cheeks. Her entire world was crashing around her and all she had left now was the unborn life inside her, created from the relationship she thought would never fail her. She wiped away at her eyes and pushed Adam away when he tried to comfort her. "No. You do whatever you want. I don't care anymore." She lied. She cared too much apparently. That's why it hurt so much. That's why all of this hurt so much.

"Leah, I didn't want it to end this way. We could still-"

"Don't say friends. Don't say we could still be friends. It's unrealistic when so many years and emotions were poured into this." She said, her voice cracking constantly due to her tears. "After this, if I had it my way, I'd let you walk out of my life and neither of us would look back. But you'll have your chance to stay in my life if you want." She said with a bit more vehemence than she wanted.

He looked at her questioningly and then finally seemed to notice the way she was resting her hand over her stomach. His eyes widened and he shook his head.

"Surprise." She choked out and pushed past him to the door, grabbing her keys and jacket on the way out.

Soulio
02-20-2016, 03:17 AM
ANOTHER EXTENSION SORRY, ADULTING IS AWFUL AND TERRIBLE.

With your partner, pitch me a movie starring Ryan Gosling, it takes place in a Supermarket, and it's a dark romance.

Nymphadora
02-20-2016, 09:43 AM
Breggo13&Nym's Impromptu of: Honey, I'm having an affair with your mother's sister!
We had one hell of a time writing it, we hope you have one hell of a time reading it xD
Enjoy our lovelies!

Setting: A dimly lit bedroom with ivory colored wallpaper. Forest green carpet that is so lush your toes disappear within it. The bed is draped with sheets and blankets that are a mix of greens and soft browns that accent the room perfectly. The bedroom window is open to let in the last of the setting sun's rays, leaving an orange hue plastered across the opposite wall. Breggo is standing there beside the bed, trying to decide what to do next, pack some more of her junk up, or study for midterms.

Enter Nymph from the door beside her, looking a little 'off' about something. Her eyes dart around the room to assess what her lover has been doing. Finally, she meets Breggo's eyes and speaks.

Nymph: Honey.... I don't know how to tell you this Bregs... But, I'm having an affair with your mother's sister!
*Cue dramatic music*

Breggo: I heard she was anything but good at cooking…
Her voice is wooden... Almost like she doesn't believe what she's hearing. Nymph actually looks a little relieved.

Nymph: That's all you have to say? You're not mad?

Breggo: Of course I'm mad! I thought you came to all my family reunions for me, not for auntie Berta! How stupid do I feel!!
As her voice raises, Nymph's eyes lower.

Nymph: Uhm, I came for the both of you? You're beautiful. Young and spirited... But what I crave is a woman with pavement under her tires. Berta... She came to me with her troubles one day and it just... It happened! I'm sorry!
Nymph pleads, holding her hands out as if to beg Breggo to understand.

Breggo: You never loved me! After all the jerkey we shared! And our movie nights! I even got a skrill to match your night fury! Why?!
Tears start to appear in Breggo's eyes finally. Hurt and anger lie there. Nymph looks down at the ground, unable to see her former lover's tears, and falls quiet for a few seconds. The intensity of the situation builds.

Nymph: Why? Because she can be my sugar mamma! She's rich, and I'll never have to work again.

Breggo: But…but…I SHAVED FOR YOU!!!!
A desperate note can be heard in Breggo's voice.

Nymph: *mumbles* And it was about time.
Bregs, we've been great since I've joined RPA, really. I'll never forget the times we spent together! Please know I did love you. I just decided I love Berta more...

Breggo: But Nymphy!
Tears are falling from Breggo's eyes now in full torrents.
Nymphy, what about all the times I sat by your side throughout the night? And fed you soup when you were sick? And all those Valentines I sent you? I gave you everything!
Nymph folds her arms, trying to keep her resolve she fixes Breggo with a stony gaze.

Nymph: I only got one Secret Cupid. And you didn't even tell me you sent it. Did you?
Nymph eyes Breggo suspiciously.
I'll admit, you're an amazing girl. You're truly desirable... To some. And the soup you always fed me? I never had the heart to tell you, but... Well, I hate your chicken noodle soup. It's worse than your Aunt Berta's cooking even. Only... You're not rich to make up for it.
Nymph shrugs, trying to appear like none of this is bothering her. Breggo collects herself, her hurt turning into anger.

Breggo: Well…I want my slippers back! I know you keep stealing them to wear! And my teddy bear that your night fury took!

Nymph: Yea.... Consider your teddy bear gone for good... Sorry about that. Night furies aren't actually toothless you know... They have teeth. And as for your slippers... They're ahh... currently at Berta's. You wanna go over there and get them with me?
Nymph gives Breggo a look of disinterest, as if that were an obvious place for the slippers to be all things considered.

Breggo: I think I need to know…what is the procedure of disowning an aunt?
Breggo pulls out her phone and begins pressing the screen viciously.

Nymph: Now you're just being childish. She loves you, don't push her out of your life.
Nymph grabs the phone and holds it behind her back, keeping it away from Breggo.
Listen, how many times did we laugh and tell each other we'd always love each other? That's still true for me. I'm just going to love you in a different way now... Berta... Well, she wants me to marry her.
Breggo's eyes widen at Nymph's news before she spins around and starts rummaging through a pile of her stuff before she pulls out a small box.

Breggo: I was waiting for the right time for this Nymph, most likely a candlelight dinner or something like that. Or even a moonlight picnic with the dragons. But I guess if I don't do this now...
Breggo lowers herself to one knee, looks up at Nymph and takes her hand after opening the small box.
Nymphadora, will you marry me?

Nymph: Oh snap!
Nymph steps back, biting her index finger out of shock.
Why did you have to wait so long to ask you foolish girl!
Nymph starts to cry now.
The real reason I did all this was because I didn't think you really wanted us to go anywhere! I thought you were becoming indifferent, just keeping me around for my writing abilities! I never would have...
Nymph covers her mouth with her hands, shaking her head in disbelief, though she smiles nonetheless.
I'm sorry! I'm sorry for everything. Everything I said, please... Just forgive me, I want to continue being the power couple we are. Yes, yes, I will. I'll tell Berta I never want to see her again.

Breggo: And that is how you keep your lovers.
Breggo turns to look at you(the reader) with a wink and an evil chuckle.

Notty
02-21-2016, 03:15 AM
Here is Karma & Notty's submission for "Honey, I'm having an affair with your mother's sister!"

Today was the day. He had been planning this for ages it seemed. As the sun shone through their window, he leaned over gazing at her sleeping form. It was a beautiful spring day, the birds were chirping and the faint smell of flowers wafted through the open window.

Pushing the covers off of himself, careful to not wake her, he slipped his slippers on that were placed beside the bed. Not long after, the smell of coffee and bacon made the flower scent all but obsolete. Jacob knew she would wake soon, she couldn’t resist bacon. Who could? Losing himself in his thoughts as he waited, he tried to think of how he was going to piece together what he needed to say to her. It had to be just right.

Amanda sighed, shifting in bed slightly as her eyes slowly blinked open. The sun was warm against her skin, and at first, she frowned when she didn’t feel Jacob in the bed beside her, but immediately her frown was lifted when she smelled bacon and coffee.

He could hear her shuffling, taking a deep breath. Okay this was it. He had to do it. Looking down he waited her to follow her nose to the kitchen where he had set up spots for each of them across from one another.

Turning the corner, Amanda couldn’t help but smile when she saw Jacob. As she tied the robe around her waist, she crossed the distance between them and pulled her arms around him, giving him a hug and a quick peck on the lips. “Breakfast, hmm? What have I done to deserve this?” she teased lightly before letting go and sitting down at the table.

Her eyes scanned the table- bacon, eggs, toast, cups full of steaming coffee- there was even a vase with flowers on the table. She couldn’t help but smile and shake her head, unsure of what the occasion was. “This looks amazing, love. Thank you.”

Jacobs kiss on her lips was soft and he didn’t put as much effort into as he normally would, sitting down in his chair, he purposely avoided her eyes. “Well… I… uh.” Come on, Jacob, you practiced this. “I have something I…” He cleared his throat again. “...needed to tell you”

Amanda had lifted the cup of coffee to her lips and took a sip, but Jacob’s words concerned her, and she quickly set the cup back down. “Yeah, what is it sweetheart?” she asked, her eyes scanning his face, trying to give him an encouraging smile. Her hand stretched out across the table, taking his and squeezing it, her ring glimmering in the morning light.
“I.. I don’t know how to tell you this…” He sighed, still looking down and running his fingers through his hair. Taking a drink of his coffee, he turned his head out to look out the window. “I..I’m having an affair with…” He cleared his throat as it squeaked a little. “With your mother’s sister..”

Amanda’s brow furrowed, and at first, she let out a soft laugh, as if she didn’t believe him. “Come on, Jacob, be serious…” she said, but then she frowned a little. Her heart stopped in her chest for a brief moment and she suddenly felt sick to her stomach. “I..you….you’re serious?...”

“I’ve been trying to figure out how to tell you…” He bit his lip. “I just.. I couldn’t find the words…” Shifting a bit in his seat, he put a piece of bacon in his mouth to stop any sounds coming out.

Amanda clamped a hand over her mouth to stifle the sob that was threatening to escape, and she shook her head, pushing herself back from the table. “You...you’re serious?” she finally managed to get out, her eyes misting over with tears.

“I.. I think…” His eyes finally met hers, unable to continue on with what he was telling her. “I think the words are…” Finally a smile pushed up at the corners of his mouth. “April fools!” He reached and wrapped his beloved up in his arms, holding her close.

After a few well deserved smacks, and even fewer tears, Amanda pulled her arms around his neck and hugged him back. “You devil…”

Soulio
02-21-2016, 03:37 AM
Second to last thing!

With your partner Make a Wedding Scene

.Karma.
02-21-2016, 04:58 AM
Karma&Notty

50 Shades of Produce

Canned goods have never been so arousing…

In this movie starring Ryan Gosling, a man by the name of Vincent see’s a shy girl in the supermarket. Noticing right away her soft subtle mannerisms.

The way she caresses the apples, gropes the grapes….he knows….she’s the one. When the apple drops from her hand, her face goes red, and he takes this chance strutting toward her.

“You dropped the apple. Pick it up. Now”

He boomed, his voice low and husky, demanding her to grab the fleshy fruit….

Her eyes went wide as she looked up at the man before her. His shirt was slightly unbuttoned, his hair neat and tidy, but there was a dominance to him that she had never experienced before.

“I see how you handle the produce...someone needs to teach you properly.”

Watch as Kate explores new aisles that she has never dared venture in before!

A fresh romance that will surely have you eager to create your shopping list and venture out into the exciting unknowns of your local supermarket.

Grocery shopping will never be the same again.

Nymphadora
02-21-2016, 05:15 AM
*facepalm*
I'm going to associate apples with fifty shades for the rest of my life now....
Thanks for that xD

.Karma.
02-21-2016, 05:29 AM
XD You're welcome!

Breggo13
02-21-2016, 06:47 AM
Hahahaha

Soulio
02-22-2016, 12:57 AM
Final Challenge!
(I apologize about the drop off as it neared the end. Things started taking a dive for me.)

I had a wonderful time reading all the stories, and I hope you all enjoyed writing them as well.

For the Final Challenge...

With your Partner... Why is it so hard to say goodbye?

Notty
02-22-2016, 03:20 AM
Karma & Notty's Submission for: Wedding Scene!

Tate Jamerson tugged at the collar of the pale grey shirt he was wearing and grumbled slightly. His light green eyes darted to the mirror and the older man who was standing a few feet away, on his phone. “You know I don’t like this idea, Adam….” he mumbled, pulling on the suspenders before pushing a hand through his nearly black hair.

“Well it doesn’t matter what you like, now does it?” Adam replied without looking up at his phone. “You were Hollywood’s sweetheart, you had everything going for you. And then you had to let one night- one stupid night ruin it for you. Now no one wants you. We need the world to see you as a good guy- not the guy they lock their car doors at the sight of…” Tate scoffed and turned, looking to Adam. “Hey, it wasn’t that bad. I just had a little too much to drink and got a little handsy with my date while we were driving, I don’t see-” With a raised hand, Adam signaled for Tate to stop talking. “That’s why we are here. We’ve found the perfect girl. Now all you have to do is play nice. Got it?”

Kendra was giddy with excitement. It had to be a joke, she still couldn’t believe it. When she received a phone call saying that TATE. FREAKING. JAMERSON wanted to marry her, she accused them of lying. Told them how not funny it was. Maybe all those tweets and messages encouraging him throughout his career had truly paid off.

She twirled a piece of her light brown hair in her finger, a nervous habit. Somehow even after picking out the ridiculously expensive dress, jewelry, even location for their wedding, she still expected someone to leap and tell her she’d been punked.

Of course her parents had told her she was being incredibly ludicrous in accepting the offer, that she should wait and find love. Why? She had already found it. She knew the moment she had watched his first romance movie and he looked into the eyes of some stupid female actress with such passion, that Tate was the one for her.

Glancing down at Adam as he pinned the boutonniere on his chest, Tate took in a deep breath, glancing out the window. It would be a beautiful wedding, there was no doubt of that. A large arbor that had been covered in white garden roses and gardenia, about 2 dozen chairs, an aisle that had been covered with a golden fabric and then buried with rose petals. Candles- hundreds of them, some around the arbor, others hanging from trees, giving the whole area a glowing ambience. A string quartet would be playing...it would be the perfect evening. Then they would have the best food that money could buy, music and dancing until they headed off to Europe on a 3 week honeymoon.

But Tate had no idea who the girl was. He sighed and looked to Adam again, “what’s her name? The….the girl I’m supposed to marry?” Adam chuckled and shook his head, “you mean the girl you are going to marry.” Adam lifted his phone up so that Tate could see a picture of her. “Her name is Kendra.” Tate nodded slightly, his eyes scanning the picture. She was cute enough, he guessed.

“I think I’m going to faint.” Kendra looked to one of the girls that was surrounding her, making sure she looked perfect for Tate. Really at this point she didn’t even feel like she looked like herself other than her bright blue eyes. Her heart was racing. What if he hated her, thought she was ugly, if this really was a joke. Maybe she was too short, maybe he preferred blondes, maybe she laughed too loud. Her mind was racing as she scanned the room.

Truly she just wanted her mother. None of these women were her mother, she knew none of these ladies, and they only seemed to care about making Kendra, not look like Kendra.

Suddenly there was a glass of water in her hands, but no words spoken to her as she took a drink. It was nearly time, she had to wait for the song before she would finally get to look into his green eyes for real. A deep breath in and out, she tried to peek out to see him, but was quickly pulled away. Bad luck blah blah blah. Soon, so very soon.

Taking a deep breath, Tate stepped out of the clubhouse he had been getting ready in and headed towards the arbor. Already, it was glowing, the scent from all the flowers was intoxicating. Were it not his own wedding, and to a complete stranger, he would probably think that it was quite romantic. Time to put on your best face… he heard Adam’s voice in his head and he smiled, his heart pounding in his chest as he stepped up to the front, beneath the arbor.

The preacher was already there, and looking out at the small crowd- he assumed the unknowns were the girl, erm, Kendra’s family. His mom was there, as well as Adam, but other than that, Tate’s side was rather empty. That’s okay, it’s exclusive, right? he told himself as the orchestra began playing, and all eyes turned towards the end of the aisle of flower petals. It was time.

When the orchestra began playing, she nearly froze in panic. Kendra felt like some type of doll, as they started to try to usher her out, but last minute, she pulled down her hair that had been all done up in some updo that totally wasn’t her. With one pull those curls came cascading down her shoulders and she started to walk down the aisle. Seemed like neither side had many people there. Was that a bad sign? Don’t think about it, just walk.

Taking like thousandth deep breath that she had taken that night she walked that slow procession, by herself. Keeping her eyes on that beautiful man that was truly going to be her husband. Kendra Jameson. She smiled at the thought.

The beautiful white gown trailed behind her dragging through the flowers gracefully, her red sash the only thing offsetting the glorious white. Her curls were now falling down over her bare shoulders and a simple pearl necklace hung around her neck. She felt beautiful, she really hoped he felt the same.

Tate’s eyes were immediately drawn to the woman at the end of the aisle, and at first, his brow furrowed a bit. She was…..beautiful. He swallowed hard, feeling strangely emotional as a lump grew in his throat as she moved slowly down the aisle towards him. As if it was an afterthought, he smiled, a genuine smile as she neared him.

Once Kendra was before him, he reached out and took her hand, kissing the top of it before brushing his thumb over the top of her hand. “You look beautiful,” he whispered quietly so only she would hear. With her hands in his, Tate smiled, his heart pounding in his chest. You can do this Tate, you can do this. But….she’s…..there’s something….

A deep blush crossed her cheeks as he took her hands and even more when he told her she was beautiful, leaning her forehead on his shoulder just a little to hide her blush. Surely he must be just saying that. He was such a charmer. “You.. look as perfect as always.” Her voice was a whisper as the preacher began his words. She could barely hear any of them over the beating in her chest. His eyes seemed genuinely happy, maybe she truly could be the one to make him happy. His smile had a sincerity to it and she couldn’t help but return it as tears came to her eyes.

She knew she had made the right choice, she was the only one who knew the right choices for herself and she had stuck to it this time. It felt so… right.

Tate’s heart pounded as the preacher looked to him, and he took in a deep breath, his eyes meeting Kendra’s before he spoke. “I, Tate Jamerson, take you, Kendra Wheeler to be my lawfully wedded wife. For better and for worse, for richer and for poorer. In sickness and in health, until death do us part.”

A small smile crept over his lips as he gently pushed the rings on her finger. They were...breathtaking. A vintage set with a large square cut diamond in the middle, with two bands on either side of tiny diamonds. With the rings on her finger, he brushed his thumb over her hand again before squeezing slightly. Now it was her turn.

As he pushed the rings onto her shaking hand, her smile grew and a tear dropped from her bright blue eye. Oh no, her mascara! Oh yes, she was supposed to repeat him. What did he say? Her heart froze and her cheeks turned an even more bright red.

“I um missed what I was supposed to say, but Tate Jameson. I have loved you for a long time. I have watched you through every heartbreak, through every event in your life, every movie. I know it’s crazy, I know I’m probably just like any other fan girl. But I love you, give me the chance to show you how perfect you are. In good times and in bad. For as long as you will have me.”

Swallowing hard, she pushed the ring onto his finger. Still too embarrassed to look at the preacher, but she did meet Tate’s gaze. Hoping that her slip up hadn’t upset him too much.

Tate caught sight of the tear, and quickly released her hand, brushing it away before giving her a small, encouraging smile. Her vows made him chuckle, and he nodded, smiling even more as she looked up at him.

The preacher didn’t seem quite as amused, but he looked at the two, then spoke again. “By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Tate, you may kiss your bride.”

With that, she felt those strong arms around her, his warm lips pressed to hers. It was truly breathtaking. Her arms naturally wrapped around his neck and their tongues danced. There was not one single movie he was in that she could imagine having a better kiss than this one. Sparks were flying, her head was spinning and when they finally broke apart, they were both breathless, eyes gazing nearly into each others souls.

Now, for that honeymoon.

.Karma.
02-22-2016, 04:58 AM
*blows nose into a tissue*

We did it...

Karma&Notty- Why is it so hard to say goodbye?

The rhythmic beeping of medical instruments filled the room as Lena shifted in her chair. She had been here nearly an hour, and was winding up her interview. Flipping over to a new page, she glanced up, a small smile on her face.

“Alright, last question,” Lena said with a smile, her eyes moving down to the paper. “Why is it so hard to say goodbye?”

That was a hard one. Cassie’s brows furrowed a bit and her eyes were staring off somewhere far away. After a few moments her mouth opened, her voice quiet, strained. “I think it’s hard because it’s an ending. Goodbye is always an ending. You spend so much time working on things, experiencing things. To have those come to an end… It’s hard.” She knew she had more to say, her voice was getting choked up, tears coming to her brown eyes.\

---------------------------------------

Reaching down to grab Cassie’s hand, Mark gave it a slight squeeze and then leaned over, kissing her forehead. “We’ve made the right decision, you know?” He said, his blue eyes scanning the now barren apartment. Their first apartment. Moments later they returned to Cassie, his other hand moving to her swollen belly before kissing her again. “I love you, Cassie.”

Tears fell down her face, this was where they had shared their first passionate night together. Their first ‘family’ meal. This is where she had burned said meal and had to start all over. She could still feel the way he had wrapped his arms around her and his voice when he told her he liked his steak well done.

This small tiny apartment held a lot of love. It was also where they had experienced their first fight. Those angry words that cut into her heart, but this was also where they had their first make up. Where they mended and learned and loved each other even more for it.

Swallowing hard, she placed her hand over his on her stomach, where there was a new life growing inside of her. Burying her face into his neck, her tears wetting his skin she whispered. “I love you most.”

Mark smiled, blinking back tears of his own as he pulled his arm around Cassie, his fingers pushing up and into her hair as he held her tightly against him. “This will always be our first, and when little one is older, we can drive by and tell them stories…”

Cassie smiled despite the tears, placing her hand on the counter as she nodded. Yes, the stories. Some were surely not for childrens ears. As if he knew what she was thinking, Mark chuckled, then leaned down, his arms going under her legs, and he scooped her up, slowly carrying her towards the front door. There, he stopped, looking into the apartment as he held her.

She clung to him as he lifted her from her feet. Even with another life inside of her, he seemed to carry her with ease. As her turned to look at the apartment a sad smile crossed her face. A soft whisper coming from her lips “Goodbye.”

------------------------------

Lena glanced up from her pad of paper, her eyes meeting Cassie’s for a brief moment as she gave her a small smile. Her pen flowed over the paper as she wrote, glancing back at the room, and then back to Cassie.

“Goodbyes, although they mean endings… They also usually mean a new beginning. Somewhere, be it good or bad. It’s change. I think that is also what makes it hard. Change is difficult, terrifying. The unknown of ‘what’s going to happen next?’.” Cassie wasn’t sure if she was making any sense, but they could always blame it on her illness when she was gone. “Ending something that you are comfortable with, that you are secure in, and starting something completely unfamiliar, those things are often more challenging.” She tried to smile but it was hard to come by. “The lack of security… Oh goodness, I’m rambling now.” Shaking her head, she shut her mouth. Cassie never did know quite when to shut up.

-------------------------------

Mark held Cassie’s hand tightly as they walked out to the parking lot. The college was busy and crowded today, and they had just moved Ella into her room. His hand moved across her shoulders, and he could feel the tension, how she had been holding back her emotions. Stopping her in the middle of the parking lot, he pulled his arms around her, gently drawing her into his chest and holding her there tightly.

Cassie would not cry. This was Ella’s big day, she was so excited! She had a dorm with her best friend and she couldn’t be happier, could she not hear her mother’s heart breaking? When Mark’s arms wrapped around her she almost lost it. You spend so much time preparing them and yourself for this moment, but you are never truly prepared.

What if Ella needed her? She was a whole state away, how was she supposed to do anything? What if she needed food, or a shoulder to cry on? What if she got hurt? The lump in her throat grew as she nuzzled her husband, still not letting a tear drop. She would save that for the car ride home.

This was good for Ella, she kept having to tell herself. The house was going to be so empty without her though. Without her laugh, or drinking milk directly from jug. Without her music playing far too loud from her bedroom. The late night phone calls from her friends.

What were her and Mark going to do with themselves?

Mark gently leaned down and kissed the top of her head, taking in a deep breath. “I love you,” he whispered, his hands gently rubbing up and down her back. “Shall we head home?”

“I love you most.” She whispered back and with one look back to her daughter, who was surrounded by friends, she waved her goodbye once again.

-------------------------------------

Cassie took one final deep breath and smiled to Lena who had been so patient and so friendly. “The endings, the beginnings, the insecurities, the change, the fear, the unknown. All of those are what make saying goodbye so hard.” Tears dropped from her eyes then. “There is one thing that helps you get through it every time though, sweetheart…” She paused for just a moment, as she looked over the young girl.

“Love.”

We spent every night of this in tears. Whether it be from laughter, or from us breaking our own hearts. We have been in tears. Thank you for doing this! <3

Notty
02-22-2016, 04:59 AM
^^ What she said!

Thanks for doing this, Soul! I really had a great time!

-luv- -luv- -luv-