PDA

View Full Version : (Mar '16) Prompt #1 - Fish

Naraness
03-04-2016, 01:29 AM
March's 1st prompt is the word "Fish"

If you have any questions about how to participate in this event,
please visit the rules (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=77770) thread or PM Naraness (http://role-player.net/forum/member.php?u=24919).

New!
Ever wonder how the prompts of the month are chosen? Well wonder no further! Starting April of 2016, all prompts will be member submitted. Click here (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=80086&p=2736012#post2736012) to learn more!

Griff
03-04-2016, 11:21 PM
Don’s eye twitched in frustration. His short purple hair was plastered to his face, the humid summer day causing sweat to roll down the infuriated man’s face. Sitting on an old, rickety dock, Don was holding a crude, basic fishing rod over cloudy, somewhat polluted water. He had been sitting there for the better part of an hour and had yet to catch a single thing, other than a broken beer bottle and an old shoe.

Falling back to lie on the ground, he sighed loudly while brushing his hands through his hair, dropping his fishing rod on the ground. “Mika!” he complained louder.

Turning the corner from behind a nearby building, Mika groggily stepped over to Don, frowning at him, “What?”

“I’ve been here for hours! How much longer?”

“How much do you want to eat?” Mika replied with another question.

Groaning, he was about to retort when his stomach growled loudly, causing him to turn away in embarrassed shame. He did need to keep fishing, eating was a bit more important than he’d like to admit. It was hard being an adventuring party nowadays--with just about everyone and their mother being in one. They weren’t the only poor adventuring group, but they certainly didn’t have it easy. Hana was trying his hardest to get decent jobs, but it was getting increasingly harder. Having dirty fish was becoming a delicacy. They were trying to not let it get to them, but the bags under Mika’s eyes and the slight strain on Hana’s face wasn’t very easy to miss.

Sitting up, he picked up his fishing rod and put it back in the water, willing to wait a bit longer. Smiling, Mika patted his head condescendingly before walking away, presumably to find more jobs.

It was starting to get dark, and Don had yet to catch anything. There were a couple tugs on the string, but he still pulled up only bottles and sewage. At this rate, Don would have a collection. Sadly though, trash couldn’t do anything for the group’s hunger. Hana and Mika had yet to come back, which was a bit worrying.

Staring off into the distance, Don was lazily gripping the fishing rod until he felt a sharp tug on the string, and a feeling of glee rushed through him. Reeling back on the fishing rod he got the first good news of the day. There was an actual fish! Sure, it was a bit dirty and contaminated, but it was food! Cheering to himself, he grabbed the fish and walked over to their campsite. The inn fares in the town were a bit out of their price range, so they were camping out in an old building this week.

Stepping into the dark musty area he yelled out, “Mika! Hana! Guess what I got!” but was alarmed when there wasn’t any response. “Guys?” he called out again, hoping to catch their attention. There still wasn’t a response.

Lighting a fire, he sat around it, cooking the fish while he waited for Mika and Hana to return. Twiddling his thumbs aimlessly, he whistled and stared up at the sky, before he saw shuffled movement out of the corner of his eye. Putting his hand on the hilt of his sword, he called out, “Who’s there?” while he grabbed a torch and shined light where he saw the movement.

He saw Mika and Hana shuffle in, with a noticeable gash in Hana’s forehead, his crimson blood blending with his red hair. Releasing his sword, Don ran up to them and helped Mika walk Hana to the fire, where he sit down with a shaky breath.

“What the hell happened!” Don yelled, grabbing the healing kit and passing it to Mika.

Mika grabbed the kit and started to clean off Hana’s wounds, “I found him like this. He’s got a large gash on his forehead, and a small stab wound in the side.” She spoke back with clinical efficiency as she started to prepare the sewing needle.

“W-well, turns out the job I found was already claimed,” Hana whispered with a shaky laugh, “They weren’t very friendly.” He grimaced as Don cleaned and wrapped a bandage around the cut on his head.

Scowling Don said, “Who were they? What job was it?”

“It’s not important, they’re just as desperate as us. They missed my vital--argh, a warning next time Mika?” he groaned as Mika shrugged apologetically while she cleaned more of the wound on his side.

“Drink this,” she said as she gave Hana a small vial of strong alcohol, which he happily drank. “Sorry Han’, but this isn’t going to be fun.”

Nodding half-heartedly, Hana braced himself as Mika started to sew up his sides, with Don holding down his chest so he didn’t thrash around too much. Hana bit his lip to keep from screaming as Mika started suturing up his side. Groaning, he tilted his head to look up at the stars and waited until Mika was done, his vision starting to blur. He shut his eyes and started to drift off.

Don looked worriedly at Mika, who brushed Hana’s hair off his face, assuring Don that he was fine. They both pulled Hana over to his bedroll and then walked over to sit by the fire, content to keep vigil for their leader.

Mika looked up at Don, “Well, that sucked,” she whispered while pulling her knees closer to her chest in an uncommon display of weaknesses. She was staring at the ground with a blank glazed-over expression, her long green bangs covering her face.

Don moved next to her, wrapping his arm around her shoulder as she leaned into him, distressed by Hana’s state. “I found him on the ground, leaning against the wall,” she whispered, barely making a sound, “There was a lot of blood. I know it’s going to happen again, but, I just hate it. I can’t stop him from getting hurt.”

Looking at her sympathetically, he replied seriously, “Mika, you did more than that. You healed him. That’s better,” he hugged Mika once more before turning towards the fire.

A moment of silence followed before Don felt his stomach grumbled loudly, and he felt that he forgot something. Jumping up, he used a stick to poke around the fire and pull out the remains of a black and charred fish. “Goddammit,” he muttered.

m139
03-20-2016, 05:28 AM
"If you look really closely, and long enough, you might see a mermaid."

Shelia looked up into the grey eyes of her older sister and asked, with all the seriousness the little child could muster, "Is that true?"

Nina looked back down at her. She was only a couple of years older, but she had recently hit a growth spurt, and was almost two whole heads taller. "Yes."

The two of them were standing by the edge of a river. It was late evening, and the sun was just beginning to go down. The water was glistening in beautiful shades of red, blue, and orange. It was just at the magical time of the day when it is very hard- if not impossible- to distinguish the difference between myths and legends and reality.

"But," the smaller girl continued, a bit skeptically, "How do you know? Have you seen one?"

"Not me myself." responded the elder, and with all seriousness, continued, "But mom says she has."

"Really? Mom says so? Why didn't she show me? Why didn't she show you?"

"Because it was a long time ago. Mom says she was really small when she saw the mermaid."

"Did she tell you the story?"

"Yes."

"Tell it to me."

"Well, when Mom was a little girl, she used to live in Grandma and Grampa's house on the other side of the river. She used to go outside and play with the pebbles, because they were pretty and sometimes there were little shells mixed in. Once, she even found a pearl."

"A real pearl?"

"Well, Mom said it looked like a pearl. She never was really sure."

"Does she still have it?"

"No. She gave it to the mermaid?"

"The mermaid? Why- Wait, go back to your story.?

Nina smiled, then continued, "Well, Mom wasn't supposed to play by the river by herself. She had two older brothers- our uncles- and she could only go out and play when they were around, because she couldn't swim really good yet. But sometimes, when they were busy she snuck off anyways by herself.

Once, she woke up in the middle of the night. On the center of her bed, there was a bright white moonbeam that came from the window. As soon as she woke up, she was wide awake, and couldn't fall back asleep. So, she got up and walked to the window. Outside, she saw the river, shining in the bright moon light, with a thousand million stars twinkling in the night sky."

"Wait," Shelia interrupted, "is it the same window in Grandma and Grandpa's house that we look out of?"

"Mhm, it is the same window. The one in the bedroom. Anyways, she looked out the window, and besides all the things that she saw, she heard something, too."

"What? What did she hear?"

"Well, she heard singing. Beautiful singing. But it was soft, as if far away. And she wanted to see who was singing-"

"She couldn't see from the window?"

"No. But it sounded like the person was hiding behind the big tree. So she left the room and tiptoed to her brothers' room to see if they could take her. But they were asleep. Snoring actually. So Mom decided to sneak out of the house by herself.

It wasn't too dark outside, since the moon lit up everything. And Mom says she wouldn't have been afraid even if the moon hadn't been there, for the music was just so pretty. And so in just her nightgown, without putting on her shoes, she crept out of the house and down to the riverside, where the big tree grows.

As she approached the tree, the music became louder. And it began to almost pull her towards it. Mom says she wouldn't even have been able to walk away then if she tried. And when she looked behind the tree, there was no one there!"

"What! But where was the singing coming from?"

"The water, of course. And so filled was she with the music, that she could not stop walking, and went straight into the water!"

"Oh, no!"

"But don't worry, she was okay. The next thing she noticed, was that she could actually breath. And she saw the person who had been singing: it was a mermaid!"

"A mermaid! What did she look like?"

"Well, she was pretty, with long, wavy hair. And Mom says she thinks the eyes were blue. And she had a long, pretty tail, all adorned with shells.

Anyways, the Mermaid reached out her hand, and Mom took it, and they began to travel, down the river, and into the ocean.

Soon, they came to a rocky part of the ocean. There was an opening, and the two of them went through. Inside, there was a great water city! It was lighted by glowing fish, and filled with music. Soon, Mom found herself in a beautiful room. It was softly lit, and there were other human people. When she arrived, one of them, dressed in sailors clothes, although still young, spoke. 'Welcome to the great city of Atla! You are a little young for a human resident, but you are welcome all the less. Come, come to the feast!'

And off she went with them. She had a great time with the mermaids, but eventually, it was time to leave. But that apparently is 'a different story'. This is when she gave the pearl to them. But Mom hasn't told it to me yet."

"Aww, I want to hear it."

"Me, too. But she could not tell me at the time. She was really busy, and had to go. And I had forgotten about it. But now..."

The sisters looked at each other, and a smile crept across both of their faces. "Mom!" they both cried out as they began running up the hill.

Behind them, in the river, the water rippled. A shadow approached the bank, and an unusually large ripple- almost a wave- reached out of the water, and placed on the shore a small, round iridescent object. Then, it receded back into the water, and the shadow slithered off until it was no more.

The ripples, too, died down, until they were no longer distinguishable from the regular running of the water. And the sun had soon fell beneath the horizon.

Naraness
03-23-2016, 12:41 AM
The Quest for the Fish
Five days. The dust was starting to settle, covering everything in a thin sheet. Feathers swooped across a mahogany desk, disturbing the brown haze. Small, sharp talons clicked as they landed there. “I can still see the dents where she’d kick up her boots.” The bird sighed, her wingbeats chasing the last of the dust away as she settled to land on Kris’s desk.

This office had seen many a staff member in and out. Some were said never to return, but Nara wasn’t so sure about that. After all, she and Juni made it out all the time. Luckily they’d always fallen into Kris’s good graces. Then and again, the bird of prey doubted Kris really had the dark, evil side everyone teased her about. Even from day one, when it was the greenie owl’s job to dust the games Downtown, Kris had always been there to lend a hand. Er… fin. Now she was gone.

“It’s been too long. We can’t keep waiting like this.” The familiar voice reminded Nara of burgundy and plums. A tall, curvy silhouette rested against the doorway. Nara looked up with round eyes. It was impossible to tell how long she’d been there. “We’ve got to track her down.” The woman stepped forward, into the light. It was none other than Karmz… One of the team’s best. Her wavy brown hair fell in locks around her shoulders, barely contained by a braid which slowly but surely was falling out of place.

“But how?” Nara tucked her wings tightly against her back, sliding off of the desk. As she did, her small body seamlessly transformed, her feet landing on the floor. The owl, now a girl, ran her fingertips through her hair, sighing. She was about six inches shorter than Karma with slightly darker, tanned skin. Her hair was short and curly; a chocolate color. “Kris disappeared without a trace. I checked the notice board… She didn’t even mention leaving. No sick notice, leave of absence, vacation... Nothing. She completely vanished off the face of RPA.” Nara threw her hands up, slumping against the desk. “I’ve asked everyone on staff. They’ve seen neither scale nor fin of her since Friday.”

“Hey, Narabelle.” Karma pushed away from the doorway, slipping an arm around the much younger girl. “You know she’s probably just off having fun without us or something. In that darn hotel of hers.” Karmz giggled a little, squeezing Nara in a sideways hug. “We’ll find her.”

Nara laughed a little, heading for the door. “Okay. Let’s get some of the others. Then we can head Downtown and ask around.” Her friend nodded in agreement, closing the door to the admin’s office as they left.

Down the hallway, a war was engaged in the Staff Lounge. Two foes were locked in a battle of wit, each with a look of death on their faces. “Ooh, who’s winning?” Nara slid into a chair between the two, linking arms with a girl on either side. “Kicks? Notty?” The girl’s eyes darted back and forth between them. Kicks grinned, placing her last two cards on the table; a pair of 8’s.

“I just won.” The girl beamed, putting her hands behind her head as she leaned back in satisfaction.

“Aww but I only had one more to go!” Nots exclaimed, her hand flying to her freckled cheek. “I thought for sure I had you!” She pouted, flicking her tightly braided hair over her shoulder. “One more time. Nara, are you in?” She gathered the cards, lining them up so she could shuffle them.

Nara pushed away from the table, her chair squealing as she did. “I’d love to, but I’ve gotta head Downtown.”

“Why?” A voice from across the room piped up. It was Van, ever quiet and stealthy until the right moment to chime in. “I thought you already terrorized the games section once today.” He teased from his currently position reclined in a plush chair. “Don’t you have anything better to do, Narnia? Like stop ignoring me and come love me?” The moderator chuckled, teasing.

“I do not ignore you.” Naraness put her hands on her hips, sticking her tongue out. “I just forget to reply to S.K.Y.P.E. sometimes.” She held up a small blue disk with a white cloud on it. It was a device for communicating with the rest of the team, called a S.K.Y.P.E.! It meant Something Kool You People Enjoy. So it wasn’t the best acronym... But it was a handy gadget nonetheless.

“Same difference. Anyway, what’s the rush to Downtown? Did another kid barf all over MD’s lounge?”

Nara shook her head. “Nope, worse. Kris is still missing… I’m gonna investigate.”

Vanity’s skepticism grew. Cocking an eyebrow, he shifted in his seat. “She’s still gone? I thought she was back by now.” He frowned slightly, scratching his chin. “Maybe she’s stalking the Staff vs. Members thread?”

“Naw, the activity would’ve shown on her profile.” Nara pulled a silver disk, very similar to the S.K.Y.P.E. from her pocket. This one showed data on different RPA members. She flicked through it, finding Kris’s profile. “See? It hasn’t picked up any movement in five days. She must be out of RPA’s range… Meaning she’s no longer within city limits. I want to see if anyone Downtown knows where she might be heading to.” The team’s youngest moderator put her data disk away, placing her hands on her hips. “My best guess is that someone in the lounge has heard something. Otherwise, maybe The Family saw her before she left? It’s worth a shot. I could try popping in a few of the games, but they probably don’t know anything.” Nara shrugged, sighing.

“Well, good luck.” Van said, getting up. He pressed his hands to his back, stretching so his spine popped.

“You mean you’re not coming?”

“Someone has to hold down the fort while you crazy kids run amuck.” He grinned, winking. “Catcha later Narnia. I’m gonna make some grilled cheese.” The mod decided aloud, wandering into the staff kitchen.

As she turned back towards the others, Nara beamed. “So who’s gonna join me?” She smiled. “I’m pretty sure we can make it back by dinner if we hurry. Maybe I’ll pick up some muffins on the way…” She mused, a thoughtful smile coming over her features. “What do you say, girls?”

Karmz smiled warmly. “You know I’ve always got your back. I have to finish some things around here though… Sweeps and such. I’ll join you later?” She smiled.

Kicks and Notty both looked up in excitement. “I’m coming.” Nots confirmed, grabbing her coat off of the wall. “It’s been at least twenty minutes since I was down there. Probably a good idea to check in on things.” She shrugged. “Besides, we have to find Kris!”

“Yeah!” Kicks ran a hand through her hair, hopping to her feet like the energetic pixie she was. “We can’t let you go alone! Let’s go! I think DR is already down hanging with The Family. We’ll meet up with him there.” The thin, sleek girl wrapped an arm around each of her friends, walking them toward the door. “Now let’s find Kris!”

... To be continued

AngelFire
03-30-2016, 01:50 AM
When we first saw it, it was floating there, mouth opening and closing for air. My brother sighed, unable to see all the possibilities of this one thing before us, but not I. I saw everything, the years of good times and bad times, the hours of cleaning its too big aquarium, moments of joy only the two of us would have. Yes, I saw every possible aspect of our future in those first few moments.

My brother sighed again, getting impatient with my constant stare. He already knew what I wanted inside of this dingy pet store, and he already knew what would come of the animal. Its scales glistened with red and black splotches mixed in with the white areas. Beautiful. I knew where he would go, it was like all my life I’ve had this opening for him to stay. You see, between my desk and bed, I’ve always had this empty area that so desperately wanted to get filled.

There were too many hopes for this one fish, my brother could already see that in my eyes. This fish would fill the void of being alone for too many hours, while mother and my big brother went off to work during the day and night. It would be my only friend, and a way for me to learn how to be social with others, though I’d still avoid new people we already knew that. Here’s to hope of a brighter future.

“It’s just a fish.” He sighed, catching the attention of an employee.

“No, he’s everything.” I breathed pressing my face closer to the glass.

I was pushed back slightly, for the new person to net the poor thing. Still our eyes remained locked together. It would be something to live for, that instant connection we held. The other murmured as the person handed me the new animal. Our bond already stronger than most. Brother bought everything, though we couldn’t really afford having so much money go to something so short lived. They loved me, and I loved it.

The fish darted inside of the bag, unsure of what to expect from his new life, but I knew everything. It would be a creature of healing, a way to move on. My brother sang quietly as we rode home, and I stared at my new companion. This creature I was betting everything on. This pet was an intricate part of the future, if I chose wrong there would be nothing left to this family. But I assure you, I didn’t choose wrong, this fish, it was magical.

“What will we name it?” he questioned, noticing my quietness.

“Hope, its name is hope.” I smiled, giving my brother a tear-filled smile.

He glanced at me oddly, unsure about my mentality at the moment, but accepted the situation with another long sigh. The three of us have been strong for years, and there was no telling when our braking point would hit, though Hope will help us through it all. Its name said it all my expectations and its necessity for this family.

At the end of the day it was nothing more than what we saw it as… A Fish. A fish that out lived the little girl who chose it for a beautiful future. A fish that kept the mourning mother and son together. The fish that fixed the lives of two grief stricken family members.

Kicks
03-30-2016, 02:45 PM
I guess you could say fishing was never my sort of thing. I grew up in the wrong village to ever be into that sort of thing. And besides, I did not exactly like the very idea of sitting down for hours on end to HOPEFULLY catch one measly fish. I would rather be running through the trees and having fun with friends or just on my own!

Fishing was just a bland sport meant for those who actually had patience. I on the other hand had no patience, no time to waste! I had things to do! Things like picking flowers in the grove or eating fresh fruit from fruit trees! I could be running around the village causing mischief!

It was not until later in my life that I found out that those who fished did it because it was relaxing. But how did the fish feel? The ones that they caught and then they ate? Did the fish not have any family? What about the fishy friends that fish would have?

How sad! Even now I pity the fish. They were a species that could not take life for granted. They did not have that luxury unlike so many other animals!

Fish were also kept as pets for others to behold. And sure, that was nice and all but now you were taking wild creatures and putting them into a cage. They should be free! They should not be prevented from living their lives the way they want to! What if they wanted to go have children one day? Cute little fishies that looked just like them?! Well now someone had ruined that little fishy's chance of having a fun life with cute little fish that looked just like them all because they wanted to have a little friend locked away in a cage!

Well that is not very fair, I think. I think that fish deserved to be free just as all animals did. Just as my kind did! Just because we were an elven people did not mean we had to follow strict duties! Sure it was our duty to protect the forest and all things in it. But we could be free too! We did not have to live our lives like that! We could do something greater! Better! Like the fish!

Fish went on to bigger and better streams. But the elven people remained in one place all the time. We had to stay here, they would say. It is our duty!

Well duties were also set by people that did not want to do things themselves so they assigned other people to do it for them. And because of that thought process of mine, I was not into the whole duty thing. Rather, I liked to have fun of my own!

We were already a mischievous kind. Mix that in with a rebellious and free spirit and they had a rather unruly elf on their hands!

Well they could stuff it! I had things to do! Bigger and better streams to move on to! I was a fish with feet and could live out of water! I was free like the fish of the sea! Of the river! The ponds! I may be in a tiny stream now but one day I would have a whole sea of possibilities before me!

And that is why I pitied the fish that got eaten. They could not move on with their lives as their fish-brethren could. Well hopefully one day some fish was going to be sneaky and sly enough to get away from the fishing net!

--

She was an idiot. She always had been an idiot in his eyes. Culture meant everything to their kind and this girl did not give two acorns for it! She did not realize we had culture for one thing and one thing only! To help our people survive!

Yea well she could just go off and do what she wanted already. He did not need her around to make his job harder. He had things to do, fish to catch, bear to hunt. He had wolves to defeat and humans to drive out of their land!

He was a warrior of their kind! And she was merely just a little speck of dirt that got in his way all the time.

Oh but it is so fun! She would say. You should try it! Duties are boring and you are nothing but a slave for the ones that set them for you! Come have fun with me! You will love it!

He highly doubted that. She may be a pretty elf, but she was not an elf he had time for. He had things to do. Duties to tend to. And she had things to ruin! To make his job even harder!

--

"Another failed fishing day, huh?" She teased him this time around. She was practically giggling with glee that he had failed at fishing for the third day in a row.

"Shut up." He snapped at her. He was passing by in the village to return his gear to his hut when she had interrupted him in the path.

"I guess you could say you have a lot of free time now, huh?" She bopped along beside him with a rather happy skip in her step.

"What do you want?" He growled back at her.

"To show you something!" She chirped back. And then she grabbed his hand with such force that he dropped his gear. He barely had time to catch his feet before being dragged off.

--

I watched him with a sly glint in my eyes. Ha! I knew he would love it! The forest! The forest when he did not have to look at it through the eyes of a warrior, of a provider for their village.

It was his third time being out here with me in a week. He would cut his times in half to leave his duties early and go have fun with me in the forest. The first day he was skeptical but by the time the moon came out to shine above our heads, he was starstruck.

Every day since he had been out with me in the forest.

He turned towards me now with a grin that was trying so hard to break past his tight lips.

"What?" He asked, "You have something to say?" He put his hands on his hips in a rather mighty way as if he were about to give a lecture to a child.

In response, I gazed at him for a brief moment... And then I tackled him into the leaves.

Kris
03-30-2016, 10:42 PM
-2200-

It was about 13:40 when I reached the station I had to wait in. I hardly spent time abroad, but I definitely knew it was not the kind I would have seen even outside of my country. The whole building was full of unseen voltages which I felt beating against the air, and were safely put behind crystal display window, which allowed me to see the sub way tunnel. It was pretty, the whole place's design was amazing, and I needed to get used to the fact that there were no stairs, but floating rafts that would simply carry you according to the presses of your fingers upon a tablet.

I was taken by the sight that I hardly notice the gentleman that stood beside me until the last coughed. I flinched a little, and the moment he saw how tensed I was he quickly apologized for scaring me. I, of course, reassured him and admitting to not paying enough attention.

He was tall... Then again I would consider most of the people in the world to be taller than me, but he was really breaching what I've seen so far. His bears was uneven, and not neatly trimmed, which was something odd and somewhat familiar to see. Ever since I got here I was hit by how organized this world is and how much in order most be the setting of the outside. What's more, he was dressed very similar to people in my time, and I couldn't have not wonder if this was the case with this guy.

"First time in the tube?".

"Here? Yes.", I smiled.

He gave me a moment to look and stare some more, knowing that I would need much more time to get used to the new sight and sounds.

"It's rather amazing to see how far mankind have advanced".

"100 years from my records yes? Born in the start of the 2050 yes?"

"Later 2050, but it is more or less true"

"I have seen much further ahead, not a nice view. I think it's best they assigned you to this timeline. We cannot talk much about the things we saw, but it is very limited the more we reach on"

"I can't believe that", I said with disbelief. I've been here for two days and I was already in love with the amount of freedom this world has given me. It was so much easier to do things and live your life... of course that did not apply for me, because of my 'condition' I was not allowed to receive much treatment, and I knew that a virus will probably make me sick sooner or later, but the options, the space, the reaching out... This man was probably was out of his mind.

"I know what you must be thinking", he said after a long pause, "I experienced it firsthand".

"Oh?", I asked in disbelief, "Are you from the past as well?"

He smiled and nodded, "We can talk much in the train, we better not miss it".

Trains.

Trains were big things in the future. Plans were set in motions to connect countries even across the sea, all to avoid the sky, maybe because saving money was a big issue in the future and plans were no long something worth the expenses. I couldn't care less of course, I had the ability to just land within a place on a whim, of course, I always knew there were risks and the fact I wasn't trained in using my skill caused me to not use it much.

It still kinda amazed me how it neatly worked. Focus on a time... number... burn it into your head with some possible visual and you are there. Often I was told that it's not working that perfectly for everyone, but my sis was prodigy so I figured I wasn't far from being a big shot star like her.
As I watched the window I saw the view outside switch so fast before my eyes. Even with this speedy train we knew it was going to be few days drive and our huge cabin, although connected was separated to allow me some privacy. It had to be so. Aside of escorting me, he was suppose to keep watch on me and report my actions, not something I was not familiar with. I was a property of the government after all, and the last thing they needed was to lose something so precious.

Myself, and the man who introduce himself as Wilbert Ruffienstain had our own rooms and separated bathrooms, but the cabin was connected in the middle, to allow us to sit together and dine. And after placing our suitcases we did just that.

"You've been on a mission before I assume?", he asked slowly.

My eyes met his and slowly landed on the half eaten fish in the table, "One was... forced... the other was a test... They wanted to know if I was qualified".

"Forced?", he asked carefully.

I hesitated, "The first time was a test. When I reached here we did a small time exchange to see how accurate was my score to land within a desired destination. I reached 87% accuracy, but that's only because I was unfamiliar with the place. The image they showed me did not had a lake... You can understand it was not like that 30 years ago", I grinned.

Wilbert burst in laughter.

"My sister had a gift see... she would not miss those details regardless of possible changes in lands."

"Maybe so... but you have to admit that 87% is rather impressive".

"That's what they thought too... Next thing I know I was put with someone on higher terms...", I stopped, feeling almost as bared as the half eaten fish.

"That was... the forced you talked about?"

I nodded, "He was higher up, and I just joined ranks... my version won't be filed, he is too important....", I took a long and hard breathe allowing him to digest the information.

Omac
04-02-2016, 02:30 PM
Part three/two of Crystal Cavern!

---

Cold. The only thing I could feel after being crushed by two closing walls was the feeling of a bitter cold. I couldn’t see anything except the darkness that surrounded me, so dark I couldn’t even see my hands. Now that I thought about it I could feel any pressure around me like I was simply a small ball floating in the middle of nowhere. Above me a light came into view and I felt the need to float up to it.
That’s when a voice asked me a very important question, “Continue?”
I didn’t understand what it meant, but I had the feeling to reply, “Yes!”
At that moment the light disappeared and I could start to feel warm again. Something started coming towards me. It was a bright red creature that seemed to be swooshing around like it was swimming through water. As it got closer I noticed it’s big glass eyes that showed me in it’s reflection. I was nothing more than a small glass diamond… it grew bigger until it was obvious that it was a fish.
I didn’t understand what I was seeing as the fish opened up it’s mouth before swallowing me whole. I could visualize me slipping down it’s long, twisty throat until I fell into a whirlpool swirling me around and around until I reached the middle to be sucked down to a lower level. The cold water felt like hands reached out to grab me like I was some sort of baseball trying to be obtained. Then in that moment I was staring at a brick road with a tower at the end of it.
And, then my eyes opened wide to me staring at a long road, with the rain poring down on top of me. Beside me was JJ, the man-lizard, who gave me a peaceful smile. I couldn’t help, but wonder how this was possible. I was crushed to death and now I’m standing back at the start of the road and before me was the dead woman I met earlier, except this time she didn’t have any holes in her umbrella. It was like the entire world had reset.