PDA

View Full Version : •OOC•Defense of the Universe: Allstars

Biophysicist
10-17-2010, 04:39 AM
DotU is a new arcade game sweeping the country, featuring extremely advanced virtual reality. In it, players assume the roles of elite soldiers in an army fighting in the final battle between the Interstellar Alliance, consisting of humans, elves, and dwarves, and the Dread Ones, extradimensional invaders intent on destroying our universe. Some cry foul because of how obviously it's based on the WC3 map "Defense of the Ancients", but everything appears legal, and it does have enough differences (including the fact that it's first-person and uses very realistic VR) to be interesting.
---
A ragtag fleet consisting of human, elf, and dwarf ships has been assembling in hyperspace for the last few weeks. The Alliance has finally located the planet where the Dread Ones began their invasion, and its science department has figured out a way to banish all of them if they can seal the rift on this planet from which they first entered our universe. A forward base is rapidly established on the planet, as close to the rift as is conceivable, centered around a lab containing the equipment needed for this. The final dropship lands, bringing with it the Alliance's strongest land forces: The Heroes of Salvation.
---
A boy hears about this new game that's just arrived at the local arcade, called "Defense of the Universe". Simply because it sounds like a virtual reality DotA clone, he checks out the website for it. Apparently, the simulation is so good that it actually looks and feels like you're really in the battle (minus the pain that you would feel in it, of course). And they have some pretty cool heroes, including one based on his favorite DotA hero, Phantom Lancer. This looks interesting.
---
The Alliance has finally arrived at the First Gate. This was to be expected, but not so soon. A Dread One functionary informs the commander of the defense forces on this world, and he gives quite a terrifying order: To ready the Heroes of Destruction.
---
The boy decides to round up some of his friends and see if they want to try out DotU. A few agree - enough for them to get a round to themselves - and in a few days, they meet at his house and head off to the arcade. In the mean time, he's been looking for strategy guides, trying to find good builds for the hero he was thinking of playing as. The only guides - for any hero - he can find are the official ones, which contain very little information. This is probably a good thing, though, because it will make things more unpredictable.
---
The first wave of Alliance soldiers depart from the base, ready to die valiantly for the protection of everything they hold dear. Simultaneously, the Dread Ones gate in a squadron of their own minions, who charge the Alliance base. All are soon dead.
---
The boy and his friends enter the game.
---
The Heroes enter the battlefield.

Okay, that was quite the textwall, wasn't it? But it hopefully got your interest. Now, actual info about the RP:

Some friends (probably six, though I'll go to eight if there are eight people interested, which I doubt will happen) are playing an arcade game called "Defense of the Universe," which has an extremely realistic virtual reality system. In reality, you're standing on a treadmill wearing some funky clothing, but to you it seems like you're far in the future fighting for the salvation/destruction of the universe, depending on what team you're on. (You control one hero on your team, and the game makes it seem like you ARE said hero, with the only exception being that you don't feel pain.) But, there's more to it than just this, and DotU is not just a game. (Also worth noting is that the RP will span more than one session, and will include real-life segments.)

Interested? If so, then fill out the following character sheet, which will contain information both about your character and the hero he or she plays as:

-Character name: Self-explanatory.
-Character gender: Derp.
-Character appearance: Either text or a picture.
-Character biography: Personality, history, etc. Keep in mind that we're RPing a group of friends here when filling this section out - the characters will all know each other before the RP starts.
-Hero name: The name of the hero your character will use.
-Hero gender: Derp.
-Hero affiliation: Alliance or Dread Ones.
-Hero race: Human/elf/dwarf if Alliance; N/A if Dread Ones.
-Hero appearance: Either text or a picture.
-Hero spells: The spells the hero can use. Should be between three and six.
-Hero bio: The in-game description of the hero.

spirits breath
10-29-2010, 02:41 AM
have you thought of putting this into the rp of the week or spotlight? I Rp'd with you before and I know you are a good GM. want to join, but I am trying to cut back on a few RPs so I can start one for myself. But here be the links.
Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905)
The Spotlight (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=306170#post306170)
I can't guarentee mch myself, just rying to help. And if you like I can add it to my signature to help some of the newer members who are useure where to look for joinable Rps to join

Biophysicist
10-29-2010, 03:01 AM
Nah. I've given up on this... It's taken way too long; clearly not enough people are interested for it to work.