PDA

View Full Version : [OOC - M] Equinox [Action/Horror]

Lady Celeste
06-23-2016, 06:55 AM
This RP is rated M for Mature (18+), and therefore may have content including, but not limited to:
Depictions of Occult Practices
Realistic Action/Fantasy Violence & Gore
Strong Language
Sexual References and/or Situations
Partial and/or Complete Nudity
Drug and/or Alcohol Use

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-OP_ydFJkM1A/UO2k-xBOcyI/AAAAAAAACG4/PCPUas2Hyv4/s1600/apophis.jpg

Equinox

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a7/Apep_1.jpg

Mid July, 2016.
After over a month of excavation, a secret room hidden deep beneath an Egyptian tomb is entered for the first time in several millenia. Instead of finding ancient treasures, the room contains only one thing. A single scroll of papyrus. Archaeologists find the effort made to hide the scroll perplexing, almost as perplexing as the seeming extinct language that the scroll is written in. After several people had had their hands severely burnt by just touching the scroll, the scroll was taken from the tomb, the heavy gloves used to hold the scroll badly burnt.

Early September, 2016.
The scroll is put on display in the Museum of Cairo. After it was put on display, a flux of less than desirable people began visiting the museum, solely to look at the scroll.

This story starts on September 12th, after the scroll went inexplicably missing, with no security footage of any suspect being found. A large reward is offered to anyone that knows anything about the scroll, without knowing what the scroll is for, or why so much effort was put into hiding it.
Meanwhile, across the planet, people more in tune with spiritual energy felt an abnormally large presence of evil energy, moreso than the other solstices and equinoxes of the past few centuries.
Something bad is about to happen, and the scroll is closely linked with the event.

Standard rules include no godmoding, no powerplaying/autohitting, and no content above a PG-13 level. Also, to avoid confusion, posts should be written in third-person story format.

Some degree of literacy is expected. I won't go nagging you over every little mistake, but if nobody can understand a word you're saying, we've got a problem.

Be as active as possible. If you can't post for whatever reason, please let us know as soon as possible.

Lastly, on the subject of a character's species/'race', non-human characters will be handled on a case-by-case basis. That said, as a general rule of thumb, we are currently accepting mainly races that are not too overpowered; if in doubt, feel free to ask me or Paradokz, and we will be happy to help.

Name:
Race/Ethnicity:
Alignment: GOOD/EVIL/NEUTRAL
Affiliation(s):
Powers: IF APPLICABLE
Weapons: IF APPLICABLE
Fighting Styles: IF APPLICABLE
Other Skills: IF APPLICABLE
Appearance:
Personality:
Brief Backstory:
Other Notes:

None yet.

Kris
06-23-2016, 05:25 PM
*Moves to OOC section*

Kris
06-25-2016, 07:32 PM
Congratulations!

Your thread has been featured as:

http://oi43.tinypic.com/2v9azv8.jpg (http://role-player.net/forum/cmps_index.php)
For the week of 06/25/2016

Lady Celeste
06-27-2016, 05:21 AM
The rules and the standard CS have both been posted, so now we're ready to start accepting! :D

Emet
06-27-2016, 06:14 AM
WOOOOO!

Lady Celeste
06-27-2016, 06:16 AM
Paradokz and I have decided to add in some updates, so that'll be added up in just a sec...

EDIT :: The updates are up now! :)

Paradokz
06-27-2016, 07:47 AM
Name: Shelby Landis
Species: Witch
Alignment: Neutral good.
Powers: Blood magic.
Weapons: Two Guncrafter Industries Model 4s, one in stainless, other in black. Heckler and Koch Conspiracy tanto blade knife.
Fighting Styles: Uses handguns almost exclusively, knife is mostly for magic use.
Appearance:
http://i61.tinypic.com/30m4mxl.jpg
Personality: Play and find out.
Brief Backstory: Although born as a witch, she tried to ignore that fact and tried to lead a normal life, until a certain tragic event occured, she decided to fight the forces of evil, due to this, her magic skills are limited and she often has flashbacks of the event.
Drives a white Datsun 510 Bluebird
http://i63.tinypic.com/210anhl.png

Name: Mercedes Peterson
Species: Witch
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Powers: Blood magic.
Weapons: Custom Guncrafter Industries Model No. 4 double-stack long slide in .50GI. Heckler and Koch Conspiracy tanto blade knife.
Fighting Styles: Prefers firearms, showing proficiency with handguns, as well as skilled in using a knife, and in some instances both.
Appearance:
http://i59.tinypic.com/av1nj6.jpg
Personality: Play and find out.
Brief Backstory: Mercedes and Shelby grew up in the same town, but were far from friends. The two have been suspended from school multiple times for fighting, until Shelby's parents moved to the U.S. Where Shelby tried to live a normal life, Mercedes chose the opposite, and is therefore more skilled in blood magic than Shelby.
Drives a black 1972 Dodge Dart Demon 440.
http://i65.tinypic.com/2vwh3qw.png

Lady Celeste
06-28-2016, 06:52 AM
Reusing the CAC profiles, I see. Hopefully we'll get to see more of Shelby and Mercedes this time around. :)

I'm going to be replacing a couple of my characters to fit the new theme, so expect that soon.

Paradokz
06-28-2016, 07:53 AM
Since I played as Shelby more in CAC, I think Mercedes will be who I play as most of the time.

Emet
07-02-2016, 05:21 PM
Name: Jason Reyner
Species: Demon
Race/Ethnicity: Appears to be a white man from L.A.
Alignment: Lawful Evil tryin' really hard to be Chaotic Good.
Affiliation(s): "Employed" by the WPRF (Worldwide Paranormal Response Foundation).
Powers: Limited weather manipulation, can synchronize others with sound, and depending on the level his handler lets him reach, he can summon inanimate objects out of the ring tattoos on his hands and arms.
Weapons: A fold out guitar that he carries in a satchel at all times. Using magic, it's basically always attached to an amp.
Fighting Styles: No real style, but operates best as part of a team.
Other Skills: He's an excellent singer and can play a lot of music. He's also pretty good at understanding others.
Appearance: 7043
Personality: Snarky, rude, but a good guy when you get to know him. Don't let him hang out for too long around bad black magic or he gets a little... rowdy. SUPER full of himself.
Brief Backstory: Summoned up by the founder of the WPDF, Jason was paired with Azima Bashir, the founders adoptive granddaughter. He was placed in the body of a boy who had died of disease, so that he would age and grow with Azima. She was taught to handle the demon, and he learned that humans do not in fact "universally suck". They sealed his powers as they developed, at first with Grandpa Bashir's glasses, and then with tattoos and spells as they developed. Azima and Jason formed a small two person band and amazed the hell out of some mice in their garage on most Saturday nights. Unfortunately Azima was killed in action, by a dark wizard named Galamuek, and Jason is now in need of a new handler.
Other Notes: http://c1.zzounds.com/media/quality,85/rotate,45/55160_done-672b150af7b1f1985228350981e5f45d.jpg Jason's guitar.

StormWolf
07-02-2016, 08:10 PM
So, could I perchance play one of the archaeologists at the dig in Egypt?

Paradokz
07-02-2016, 08:20 PM
I would say no since the RP takes place after the dig.

StormWolf
07-02-2016, 08:32 PM
So I can't be involved with the dig in any way?

Paradokz
07-02-2016, 08:35 PM
Talk to Lady Celeste about it.

StormWolf
07-02-2016, 08:39 PM
Why do you think I posted my inquiry?

Lady Celeste
07-02-2016, 08:43 PM
So I can't be involved with the dig in any way?

Maybe you could've been involved with the dig as it was happening, and now that the scroll has disappeared from the museum, you can start off from there?

StormWolf
07-02-2016, 08:45 PM
That's just fine. Thank you.

Lady Celeste
07-02-2016, 08:45 PM
Name: Jason Reyner
Species: Demon
Race/Ethnicity: Appears to be a white man from L.A.
Alignment: Lawful Evil tryin' really hard to be Chaotic Good.
Affiliation(s): "Employed" by the WPRF (Worldwide Paranormal Response Foundation).
Powers: Limited weather manipulation, can synchronize others with sound, and depending on the level his handler lets him reach, he can summon inanimate objects out of the ring tattoos on his hands and arms.
Weapons: A fold out guitar that he carries in a satchel at all times. Using magic, it's basically always attached to an amp.
Fighting Styles: No real style, but operates best as part of a team.
Other Skills: He's an excellent singer and can play a lot of music. He's also pretty good at understanding others.
Appearance: 7043
Personality: Snarky, rude, but a good guy when you get to know him. Don't let him hang out for too long around bad black magic or he gets a little... rowdy. SUPER full of himself.
Brief Backstory: Summoned up by the founder of the WPDF, Jason was paired with Azima Bashir, the founders adoptive granddaughter. He was placed in the body of a boy who had died of disease, so that he would age and grow with Azima. She was taught to handle the demon, and he learned that humans do not in fact "universally suck". They sealed his powers as they developed, at first with Grandpa Bashir's glasses, and then with tattoos and spells as they developed. Azima and Jason formed a small two person band and amazed the hell out of some mice in their garage on most Saturday nights. Unfortunately Azima was killed in action, by a dark wizard named Galamuek, and Jason is now in need of a new handler.
Other Notes: http://c1.zzounds.com/media/quality,85/rotate,45/55160_done-672b150af7b1f1985228350981e5f45d.jpg Jason's guitar.

His appearance picture is too small to really see much of him; do you have a larger version?

Emet
07-02-2016, 09:52 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/69/dc/7c/69dc7c0979564a9c79f85fb226828738.jpg
Does that work? If not I'm sorry, working from mobile.

Lady Celeste
07-02-2016, 11:00 PM
Name: Kadin Noor

Species: Human

Race/Ethnicity: Middle Eastern (Egyptian)

Alignment: Lawful Good (slight lean toward Neutral Good)

Affiliation(s): Egyptian National Police (Tourism & Antiquities Police)

Powers: None known.

Weapons: Glock pistol

Fighting Styles: Krav Maga

Other Skills:
Bilingual (English & Arabic)
Highly knowledgeable of Ancient Egyptian history and mythology
Some Free Running skill developed on the job

Appearance: http://celebs-place.com/gallery/oded-fehr/oded_fehr_165033l.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/69/dc/7c/69dc7c0979564a9c79f85fb226828738.jpg
Does that work? If not I'm sorry, working from mobile.

Much better. :)
Welcome!

Paradokz
07-02-2016, 11:05 PM
It appears as though Kadin works in high-stress environments.

Do we have enough players for an IC yet?

Lady Celeste
07-03-2016, 02:29 AM
So far we have two witches, a demon, an archaeologist, and a cop. I'll wait until StormWolf finishes his profile, and then we can see if the forces of good and evil are balanced enough for us to start.

Paradokz
07-03-2016, 05:20 AM
Well, one witch is good and one is bad. We still need to name the two different factions, though.

Paradokz
07-04-2016, 05:34 AM
Emet, which side is Jason on?

Emet
07-04-2016, 08:49 AM
He's on the good side, technically. Depending what happens in the story that can change if it seems appropriate.

Paradokz
07-04-2016, 08:28 PM
Well, if your character is good, as it stands it's 3v1. It would be ideal if you could be the leader of the bad side.

Emet
07-04-2016, 09:16 PM
Well I think I can do that. So Jason is now the baddie.

Paradokz
07-06-2016, 12:07 AM
One of them, at least.

Emet
07-06-2016, 12:18 AM
*a baddie. One of two plus baddies.

Paradokz
07-06-2016, 09:46 PM
Time for an IC me thinks?

Lady Celeste
07-06-2016, 10:46 PM
I believe so. Gimme a bit to finish up my profile, because in fact there is one little tidbit that I would probably need to tell you about in advance.

Paradokz
07-07-2016, 10:15 PM
PM me about it.

Lady Celeste
07-07-2016, 10:24 PM
PM me about it.

Will do. ;)

Paradokz
07-09-2016, 10:57 PM
So I guess I'm the unofficial official co-GM of this RP.
But I still don't know where this is taking place.
But taking into consideration Lady Celeste's character, I would assume Cairo?

Lady Celeste
07-10-2016, 05:12 AM
I would imagine so, since I assume this will start shortly after the scroll was stolen.

Paradokz
07-10-2016, 08:21 AM
IC any time soon?

Emet
07-15-2016, 01:41 AM
IC is up, looks like

Paradokz
07-15-2016, 02:30 AM
It is indeed.

Paradokz
07-18-2016, 06:13 AM
Anyone gonna post?

Emet
07-18-2016, 06:57 AM
I wasn't sure if Celeste wanted to go.

Lady Celeste
07-18-2016, 01:58 PM
I have a test today, but I'll get started on my post after that.

Emet
07-18-2016, 05:41 PM
Woohoo!

Paradokz
07-19-2016, 07:47 PM
I just can't wait until the crime scene evidence makes sense.
Prolly gonna be a surprise for everyone.
Except me.

Paradokz
07-23-2016, 03:33 AM
I'll have a post up soon.

EDIT

Post is up.

Lady Celeste
07-23-2016, 02:09 PM
Mine too. ;)

Paradokz
07-25-2016, 01:16 AM
I could post, but I'd rather wait until Emet does.

Lady Celeste
07-25-2016, 06:13 AM
I just found out that Paradokz has been banned, so this RP is hereby paused until Para returns.