PDA

View Full Version : [M] Gargoyle Rampant [IC] Pink and Sapphire

V
10-24-2010, 09:01 AM
GARGOYLE RAMPANT
Mature: contains violence and possible gore

Investigator Tellerence opened the file and was greeted with an image of the mansion De Paul. He'd never visited Lyrian before but duty called. He'd arrived yesterday on the train and spent the evening in a local inn – paid for by his clients. The car rumbled through over cobbled stone streets, the driver in front hired to deliver the investigator made no attention to his passenger.

Tellerence rubbed his beard looking over the second image, the grotesque. This gargoyle looked much similar to those he'd fought before. He flicked it over and came to the third image; his assistant for the mission. Riley Lynn, not some one he'd worked with before.

“Your stop Investigator,” tipped the hat of the driver. Tellerence handed him the fair and stepped out of the street. The mansion gate was ajar showing the full majesty. A huge building looming over the surrounding, beautiful gardens aligned with flowers in full bloom. Lifeless gargoyles clung to the stone walls ready to be summoned.

The investigator put the file underneath his arm and began walking toward the main entrance. His revolver swayed gently as he walked. Several people awaited him at the entrance.

Sapphire
10-24-2010, 09:20 AM
Riley Lynn was late, as usual. She brushed her curly blonde hair out of her smooth flawless face and restlessly brought a cigarette up to her cherry red lips, taking a long much needed drag. “Make a left up here.” her voice was low and husky as she directed her taxi cab driver.
Being the assistant she should have met up with the investigator hours before going to the mansion. But she arrived only late that evening and had trouble getting in contact with Tellerence. But it mattered little to Riley. She was focused on her mission at hand. She took being an Assistant for the company very seriously.
“Please stop here.” Riley pointed at the beautiful Mansion De Paul. “Yes Ma’am” the car slowed, but Riley’s door was open before it came to a stop. “Thanks, Hun.” Riley smiled into the review mirror at the cab driver and handed him the tab plus her cigarette butt.
She knew he didn’t even notice, but she wouldn’t have cared even if he had. She was out the door and on her way towards the lanky looking gentleman that she knew immediately was the Investigator. She was relieved to see that he had just got out of his own ride and was making his way to the main entrance.
Silently she strode up next to him and walked along with him. There was no need for words. All her concentration was now on the mission at hand.

V
10-24-2010, 10:00 AM
"Investigator Lynn," Tellerence nodded her way as the blonde came into step beside him. Good, he wouldn't have to wait for her - entirely his fault. But she probably didn't expect an apology so he dropped the thought chain.

"Inspectors!" Hailed one of the figures ahead, she waved them up to main entrance. She looked several years younger than himself with long brunette hair. Tellerence adjusted his glasses and thought, De Paul's niece Moiriene. She didn't at all look distressed.

The investigator bowed and tipped his hat coming to the small party, " Lady De Paul," was that a flicker of annoyance? "Gentlemen," he added to the pair of older men. One was clothed in the colours of the house, a butler that had made it out before the gargoyle could take him. He shuffled from foot to foot and nervously gave looks to the entrance.

"Ah Investigators, it is good that you could make such haste," said the other man, "I'm Jerald from the association of Gargoyle Handlers in Lyrian," he held out his hand to Tellerence.

"Riley," he said ignoring Jerald's hand, "I assume you've reviewed the file?"

Sapphire
10-24-2010, 10:16 AM
“I know our mission, and I know what is expected out of me Inspector.” Riley reported in an authoritative voice. She eyed Jerald darkly. She knew this smooth talking scum bag. He had no business here. It was an easy enough case to handle and needed only One Inspector and one assistance. What was Jerald’s angle here? And furthermore why was it not reported in the file that he would also be here? Something wasn’t adding up and Riley didn’t like the feel of how this mission was starting out.
Trying to soothe her unsettled instincts Riley turned her attentions and full concentration back to the mission and towards the snooty brunette. “Lady De Paul, I would advise a safe amount of distance from this house well the Inspector and I do our business in ridding you of this Rouge Gargoyle.” Then she eyed the unsteady butler. “Do you have any prudent or useful information you’d like to share with us my good man?”
The elder gentlemen stuttered out a quick little story about how it happened so fast and how he didn’t know what use he could be. Riley simply lit up another cigarette while listening to the nervous racket. He was of no use, obviously.

V
10-24-2010, 10:31 AM
Once the butler began talking Tellerence could tell any information the man might of had was already lost. He held up held, "that's enough. Lady De Paul my assistances advice is sound, you should remove yourself as quickly as possible. You two butler." Moiriene didn't look happy to be commanded around.

"I'd like to attend you in the mission," Gerald said.

"Not bloody likely," grunted Tellerence. He interrupted the older man asking, "ready to enter Inspector?" He'd drawn his revolver and began checking over the rounds.

Sapphire
10-24-2010, 10:43 AM
Riley smiled and reached a little ways under her skirt to pull a 38 snub-nose revolver. She loved the convenience of such a tiny handgun. With a grin she nodded at the Inspector. “Do you wish me around the other side of the house?” Riley questioned as she knew protocol for such a large mansion called for security on either side of the house.
“I believe it would be better if we all stuck together.” Gerald implied happily, as though he was going with.
“Well, good sir,” Riley said with velvet sweetness, “I believe it would be better if you stuck it up your arse!” And without the bat of an eyelash Riley turned back towards Tellerence. “I’ll go in from the back Inspector, and we will meet at the stair well and proceed up the stairs if there is no activity on the lower level, right? Are you ready?”

V
10-24-2010, 11:02 AM
"Sure thing," Tellerence said, as she was leaving he turned to the remaining man. "Get out of here," he growled, "don't need any distractions." He grabbed the older man's shirt and shoved him toward the gate.

The main entrance was still open from the incident. The investigator peered in meeting and empty entrance chamber. Polished floor boards clicked underneath his feat as Tellerence checked the corners of the high ceilings. He lowered his weapon with nothing out of the ordinary. Except the body at the far side of the room.

Several doors marked other rooms but none were open, with the exception of the large door leading further into the mansion. Tellerence glanced into quick into the ajar door taking note of the great claw markings. He knelt by the body, the room wasn't lit well but he could tell the man was dead. Slashed the same as the walls and doors, great claws ripping apart his chest. Tellerence lifted the loaded shotgun nearby and checked... both rounds hadn't been fired.

Tellerence lifted himself up and headed further into the mansion, checking the ceiling and corners for movement as he went.

Sapphire
10-24-2010, 08:02 PM
Riley went around back and entered in from the kitchen. Upon stepping past the threshold Riley grimaced. Not only where there several body lying on the floor with puddles of blood on the floor, the smell of fresh dead bodies reeked through out here. Then Riley grinned a hard smile. It was a little funny that the kitchen would reek like this. Her mind automatically went back to the mission at hand and her body tensed as she tip toed around the bodies and through the door into the dining room. The room was grand and huge, definitely meant to entertain at least a hundred guests at a time. Riley noted the entire room was wrecked with tipped over chairs and the chandelier was ripped from the ceiling and smashed in the middle of the table. There was no light in this room. Riley jumped as she suddenly heard three sudden loud THUMPS.

V
10-25-2010, 06:24 AM
Thump.... Thump.... Thump...

Tellerence cursed into his beard rushing through the hallway he was in. The booming noises had come from the back of the mansion where his new assistant had entered. Light was growing dimmer as the investigator searched further inward. He reached the end of the hall in a rush, pushing open a closed door he emerged into complete darkness.

Wind gently brushed against his face coming from up high. Tellerence's eyes started adjusting to the lack of light when he heard a screech.

Drawing flames in the air he used the pyremagic to build a ball of flaming light. In mid-flight his first saw the target gargoyle, a mammoth - one of the largest he'd ever seen. It let off a second roar as light hit its eyes. Before he could act it surged upward into the high ceiling shrieking it pushed itself higher into the mansion.

Sapphire
10-25-2010, 07:42 AM
Riley jumped back as the ht flamming ball of light filled the room. The Gargoyal was by far the biggest one she had ever see, and it was obviously pissed off at them. Riley pursed her lips. There was no doubt about it that Tellerence had saved her from that damned thing pouncing on her and shredding her to bits. How could she have gotten so careless? No it wasn't a matter of that, this Gargoyal was stealthy. It was a pro hunter. "You think this thing didn't wake up on its own Investigator?" Riley asked still eye balling where the shadowed creature could have gone, "Do you think it may have been awoken for a reason. Like somebody knew this thing was a bonified hunter and wanted somebody dead?"

V
10-25-2010, 08:15 AM
"I don't know Riley... I don't understand how it could have woken by itself." He said watching the space the gargoyle had dissappeared to. "Everyone I've seen in here is dead, if it is hunting someone they may still be alive"

"The way it moved," he said remembering, "it was as if it was accustomed to being inside buildings. I'd almost say it knew we'd entered and waited here for us." Tellerence then thought, but didn't say aloud, the fire probably won't scare it away next time.

"Shall we follow?" There had to be a staircase somewhere nearby.

Sapphire
10-25-2010, 08:29 AM
"Lead the way" Riley said with a hint of dark sarcasm. No, this entire mission was wrong and Riley was racking her brain to figure out what piece of the puzzle she was missing. What would have been the motive? Who would gain from this operation. She thought back to the snooty brunette. Would she be the next in line to the heir of this house? Riley then noticed a staricase off to the side of the dining room, "There we go." She pointed towards it for Tellerence to see. Dimly she could hear three faint thumps comming frm up the stairs, almost like a taunt. At that moment she couldn't help but wonder as she took a step towards the stair well, who was really hunting who?

V
10-25-2010, 08:45 AM
Tellerence lead the way allowing his orb of flame to fade leaving only enough flickering light to lead them a path. He reached the stairwell and looked upward lifting his revolver. The gargoyle waited for them thumping its wings.

His eyes met the stone demon's, he let off a hasty shot. It missed. The gargoyle clawed at the highest level crushing the top stairs. Chunks of debris flew down from above, the investigator dived away from the stairs. Tellerence lifted himself from the floorboards with a groan, "that thing is smart."

He looked up at the wreckage, "Looks like we can now only get to the second floor from here now."

Sapphire
10-25-2010, 09:01 AM
"Ugh..." Riley groaned and held herslef up by her palms. "A gargoyal that learns and becomes more intelligent? That's not in my contract!" Riley huffed and stood up, lifting her weapon steadily before her quickly collecting her cool once more, "I'll go first." She whispered, then rounded the corner with her weapon drawn. In front of her was a long dark hall, at the end a light flickered and all the rooms doors were open on the ways down. "That bugger could be hiding in any one of them and attack us. What do you want to do Investigator?" Riley knew to follow orders and Tellerence was a well spoken of guy in the company so Riley trusted he would have a solution to this problem.

V
10-25-2010, 09:53 AM
"We need to draw the gargoyle into another open room," Tellerence replied, "it won't let us leave now and walking these narrow halls gives it too much room to flank us and lead us into traps."

He reached the second floor behind her, looking up ready for any more surprises. A long hall stretched before them, rooms on either side marked with closed doors. "We could try splitting up again, dangerous but it might not expect that." His free hand fumbled with a door handle and shoved a door open. Light hit his eyes, electric bulbs flickered revealing a study. He shook he head and continued on.

Sapphire
10-25-2010, 10:09 AM
Riley was a step ahead of him. She opened door after door until she got to one. "Hey, Tollerence! This one is locked?" She whispered. Nodding her head for him to step back Riley kicked the doorknob causing it to break off. The loud clank of it falling to the ground echoed through the entire mansion. Riley suddenly had a sick and eerie feeling about this as she realized how dead silent it had become. She opened the door. No sooer had she peeked in she had jumped back, her hand covering her mouth. Inside the room a man was strung up by his neck to a pulled out wiring from an electric socket that hung from the ceiling. "D-did the Gargoyale do THAT?" Riley's shacking hand pointed at the lifeless body swaying before her. The face was frozen in a petrified scream. The face looked familiar... Was it in the file about this case that she had read early this morning?

V
10-25-2010, 10:25 AM
"No..." he whispered in response. "That is far too precise for the gargoyle." Tellerence looked back to the door, "the door was locked, some one did this to him." His voice carried in the silence, the grotesque was quiet for the moment.

The investigator stood nearby the handing body, his face grim. A chair nearby had been pushed backward. "Unless he did it to himself?" Tellerence called on the flames once more revealing the face of Falleon De Paul.

"If the gargoyle isn't hunting De Paul who else could it be after?"

Sapphire
10-25-2010, 10:35 AM
Riley glared, her mouth twisting angrily, "What, so now we have to be detectives? What the hell is going on here? There is something that our report didn't cover and it's essential to our survival right now of how to get rid of this highly intelligent, dangerously strong, fucking bigger than any I've ever seen Gargoyle." At the echo of her last word they heard the three thumps echoing from all around them as if it were its way of laughing. Riley ran her fingers through her soft curly blonde hair and pulled out a cigarette. “Tell me Inspector, is it just me or does it feel like we’ve almost purposely been set up to go on this little circus act of a mission?” She asked while she lit up. Her eyes never quit watching the shadows of her surroundings. She was well aware of everything going on and wasn’t going to get caught off guard during this mission again.

V
10-25-2010, 10:49 AM
He adjusted his glasses, he hated being on jobs that didn't make sense. "I don't know, nothing feels right. From that monster to De Paul's death." He took a seat on a desk thinking on their next move. "we keep going for now," he said after a few moments.

"This is a bloody nightmare, with De Paul dead there can only be one other controlling the beast - of his primary servants could control them." Tellerence couldn't recall their name from the file.

Thumping pounded right above them once more. Tellerence, startled, rose quickly. Crashing and scraping sounds came down from the ceiling above. "Its trying to get through .... I think we should run." He began building energy into his fireball backing away toward the door.

Sapphire
10-25-2010, 10:54 AM
"Why would it need to 'get through'?" Riley's eyes were fixed on the ceiling of the room, her weapon she held down, once outside the door way she covered both her and the Investigator. "It can fly at any which direction, and being far more quiet and easier to catch us off gaurd then sawing through the fucking ceiling." Riley shook her head as if to clear away all the confussing thoughts. "No. Whatever the hell it is doing, or whatever that noise may be comming from, it is only to distract us from its true intentions!"

V
10-25-2010, 11:03 AM
A claw ripped through grasping the electrical cording. Tellerence waited with his fireball to strike but his chance didn't come. A second later the claw, cord and body were all gone - disappearing to the third floor with the gargoyle. "I... I don't know what the fuck just happened." Tellerence said staring. "Did it smell its old master when we opened the door?"

There was a chance here, the realisation came to the investigator. "Quick it will be distracted for a short period, we can explore unhindered for a time."

Sapphire
10-25-2010, 10:51 PM
Riley bolted into another room and ziggzagged about, throwing books and papers and searching drawers for any kind of hint to what was going on here. Above she could her a high pitched shriek nad wailing that must've been comming from the gargoyal. She didn't know what she was looking for, she only hoped she would know when she saw it. She flew into another room, flicking the light one behind her as she ran about. Unfortunately the electricity was out in all the rooms she had perviously been in. She was litterially searching in the dark for some answers.

V
10-26-2010, 07:07 AM
Tellerence backed away leaving the gargoyle to its devices for the time. There had so be some clue or someone that could give light on the situation. The screeching echoed the halls but the mansion was otherwise lifeless. Riley searched wildly through out the studies nearby. She wasn't having much luck - the lights being out.

The investigator kept walking through out the hall, his footsteps making background noise. A floorboard screeched, Tellerence shifted uncertain looking deeper into the mansion. Darkness surrounded completely with no windows to let in the daylight. He moved the orb away from himself to light the way, he held his ground with gun prepared. It took a minute for his orb to float to the other side of the long hall, revealing many open or closed doors in its wake. But the one that interested him was right at the end, padlocked shut from the outside. "Inspector," he called to his partner.

Each wooden board squeaked and whined with the inspector's approach. Tellerence gave a quick shake on the lock but it held tight, "Look out," he muttered turning his head away and aiming his revolver. The shot echoed throughout the building. But the door swung open revealing a private study of sorts, electric bulbs lighting the desks and cabinets. Tellerence allowed his flames to dissipate.

Sapphire
10-26-2010, 08:15 AM
Riley was quick to be at Tellerence's side, considering she had absolutely no leads. She covered his back when he shot at the door. Turning around her mouth automatically dropped when seeing the inside of the study, "No electricity all through out the house, and yet there is some here? Well that means there must be a diffrent breaker controlling a diffrent side of the house... Or a back up one for this specific room..." Riley pondered outloud as she stepped into the room. It was diffrent from the other ones. It felt warm and cozey in here, which was odd considering the dead bodies, darkness, and some crazed gargoyal flying about in the rest of the mansion. Riley couldn't even grin at her own dark humour. She began rummageing around the books on the shelf. There were a lot of strange one there titled things like, 'The Gargoyale Summoning', 'The layout of the Mansion', and 'Suicide'... They were all things to do with what had been happening, there was no doubt. "What exactly are we looking for in here, Tellerence?"

V
10-26-2010, 09:15 AM
Tellerence tapped his finger on a latter sitting unread on the main desk, "something like this," he said turning it over revealing writing. He read aloud, "From the Association of Gargoyle Handlers; Lyrian Branch." He put the letter bak down on the bench and pulled over one of the books.

He opened to the first page, an image of De Paul smiling in front of his mansion was displayed. Tellerence's mind flickered to the horror on the dead man's face. He turned the page revealing detailed images and maps of the main entrance. He continued to flick through the first floor, slowing once he reached the second. One of the last maps drew his eyes, "there is a second smaller stair case further in - by the looks a servants entrance. Might be too small for our friend to cut off."

It didn't escape his notice that many of the plans had been written on, some text that didn't make any sense to him.

Sapphire
10-26-2010, 08:03 PM
"Servant quarters huh?" Riley's mind flickered to the Servant that they had met before entering the mansion. The spinless dolt. "We should take these papers with, do you see any escape routs on here?" Looking closer Riley saw some strange writing's on the layout. Frowning she simply said nothing and started out the door. The mansion was again quiet with no shrieks from the gargoyal. Riley walked with condifence down the hallway. THis was there first real lead on what the hell was going on in this mansion. Her heart was racing to see what they would find in the servant's quarters.

V
10-27-2010, 07:31 AM
"Escape routes? Nothing much on this second floor - there appear to be several windows we could try near the second staircase." But Tellerence wasn't done yet, he didn't want to leave despite the terrible feeling in his stomach. This was his mission, a challanging one, and he couldn't give up just yet. If they could get the gargoyle into the open he knew he could take it down. "We'll see once we get there."

He tucked the book of maps into his pocket and after a brief moment the letter from the society followed. The investigator followed her into the hallway - once again into the silent haunted mansion. Thumping from the higher floor echoed about for a moment and Tellerence held still but it quietened just as quick.

He held his gun high and followed in deeper.

Sapphire
10-27-2010, 07:40 AM
As they marched on deeper into the eearie mansion Riley turned her head slightly and whispered back her companion, "Tollerence, is it possiable for an awakened gargoyal to turn back into stone? Have you ever seen it done, or have you only ever just destroyed them?" she held her gun up and close to her chest, her curly hair bounced around her face as she was speed walking down the hall. She paused at the closed door, just beyond this door in this room would be a stairway leading to the servants corriders, but before she or Tellerence opened this door and found what ever was in the servants quarters she wanted an answer.

V
10-27-2010, 08:19 AM
"People that awaken them can, but I've never seen them do it on their own accord." He replied, then amended his statement, "I assume to wild gargoyles could do so but I've never had anything to do with them."

He nodded to her to open the door. Tellerence wasn't any expert on Gargoyles - he'd been lucky over the years and survived every encounter. Not without incident. Most times he'd been hired to defend people from assassins. Not really a hunter. "Go ahead," he whispered.

Sapphire
10-27-2010, 04:10 PM
Riley checked the door handle. "Hmm... Just like I suspected... Locked." Quickly she shoved her gun in the hostler under her skirt. Standing back she took a deep breath and concentrated on her balance and what she needed to do. With one swift kick Riley took off the door knob and it fell to the carpeted floor with a muffled *thud*. The door creaked open ever so slightly. Riley stepped in, expecting to be heading to the staircase that lead to the servants quarters. But she was gravely disappointed. The room was damn near empty and very small. She glared, her rosey lips puckering with annoyance. "Are you fucking kidding me?" she whispered. "There has to be a secrete passage somewhere in here." She began feeling around the walls, knocking lightly to see if she could hear any hollow noises. "Worse day ever." Riley grumbled under her breath.

V
10-28-2010, 08:39 AM
Tellerence frowned and brought a fireball to life. Each wall caught to light it gave off but he withdrew the book of maps to recheck their location. They seemed to be in the right room.... the man flicked to the back of the book. "Looks like this book is a decade old," he pointed to the date created briefly. Tellerence had another look at the image of De Paul - he certainly seemed younger in the picture.

"There might be another way to the staircase," he pointed out, "I'll check the other rooms otherwise we could smash our way through."

Sapphire
10-28-2010, 08:56 AM
"hmm..." Riley chewed on her bottom lip, "hey did it go downstairs?" Riley suddenly brightened. She began thudding the floor with the bottom of her heel. The noise seemed to echo in the vast emptiness the the mansion. Riley was happy to have Tellerence there with his warm glowing fireball. suddenly Riley hit a 'clunk' noise. "here, lets tear up the carpet right here, Tellerence!" Suddenly their was an ear shattering shriek that came from down the hall. Riley felt her heart thudding in her throat, sudden adreniline and excitment kicking in, makeing her wide eyed and pumped up for action! "We better fucking hurry!" she whispered anxiously.

V
10-28-2010, 10:35 AM
Tellerence eyed the hallway for a moment dropping the book back into his pocket. He diminished the fireball taking the revolver loosely in his hand, "guard the door and don't look in, I'll try blasting the floorboards apart." He said holding his weapon out to her, "if it starts getting close try holding it at bay with both guns. This may take a few moments."

It was an incredibly dangerous thing to do using the flames to cause localised explosions. With the immense heat and possible debris at the forefront. However the most dangerous was the fire itself - Tellerence could handle and kill his magic flames with ease however if they became true fire it would take much of his strength the extinguish them.

He saw no other option in the room to break through quickly. And they couldn't run back into the second floor, it was too dangerous now. There only hope was dropping down to the first floor and them climbing the second staircase to the third floor.

Sapphire
10-28-2010, 08:03 PM
For the first time Riley panicked. It wasn't because she was about to go int othe hallway and face the gargoyal head on and keeping him back. It was the fact the Tellerence was going to attmept something that was damn near suicide. She had seen a man burn alive when his fireball caught a surrounding room on fire and he couldnt extinguish it. It was one of Riley's first missions, and she never forgot the terrified look in that man's eyes as his skin melted from his bones and the flames licked up his body hungerily. Riley shook the memory from her head, a tear slipping down her face in the process. She took his gun and stepped along side of him. They were shoulder to shoulder, him facing the wall and her facing the door. Firmly she put her hand on his shoulder. "If you can't control it get the fuck out of here. There is always another way out. Always." Without looking him in the eye she slipped out the door shutting it behind her. Now she stood in the vast darkness of the hallway with the screeching comming closer. This was her new mission. Protect the door. Nothing else mattered.

V
10-29-2010, 10:15 AM
He was in complete darkness now, staring at the place he needed to destroy. Tellerence could hear the coming creature, the shrieks getting closer accompanied by the thumping of wings. The investigator slowed his breath in deep concentration, in and out, in and out. Tellerence closed his eyes inhaling, then let out his breath once more.

Floorboards dissintigrated, pieces flying past his head, fire roared to life - flames surging around the newly formed hole. Tellerence began drawing the fire to him destroying its life in an instant. But not all of it was coming, some was resisting his will becoming true fire.

Sweat formed on his forehead as Tellerence concentrated on destroying the flames. He couldn't hear what was happening outside the door but he knew he had to be quick. The fires had only formed at the centre of the blast area. The investigator started to work on them with haste.

Sapphire
10-29-2010, 09:28 PM
Riley could hear snapping and crackeling of an angry fire from behind the door that she had her back to and the Gargoyal closing in from before her. She bit her bottom lip, "Don't over do yourself Inspector." She whispered. Then she shook her head to clear her mind as she steadied herslef. Tellerence had his job and she had hers. She could see two beady red eyes, and knew it was a matter of seconds before it would be face to face with her. The two very diffrent kinds of guns weighed in both of her hands as she aimed. *Bang*Bang*Bang* The Gargoyal was big and the hallway was to small of a confind area for it to dodge all of them. One hit and it screeched with protest. Riley knew it was only a minor annoyance for a gargoyal to be shot. Shooting it would never kill it, but that wasn't Riley's job to do. She just had to slow its progress of getting to close and buy Tellerence as much time as she could. She steady her breath and the Gargoyal jumped up and beat its wings to close the distance once again between it and her. Riley shot again *Bang*Bang*Bang*... there was a loud scream as the Gargoyal hit her head on and began scratching at her, tearing the skin on her arms like shreading through paper. Riley realized with some shame that it was she who had screamed. But she didn't have time to dwell on that. It had knocked both of Riley's guns out of her hands. Luckily Riley had wounded it badly with the last three shots and was able to throw it off of her and kick it back. "Get back you fucking little shit!" Riley screamed as she scrambled to get the two guns.

V
10-29-2010, 10:28 PM
The last section was stubborn, fighting him all the way. Just this and then they could leave - even the slightest spark could burn the mansion to the ground. He heard gunfire and more gunfire followed by screams.

"Just die!" He said in anger forcing his will for the flames to succumb. They resisted until the last ember which diminished underneath his full concentration. He fell back with a stagger, exhaustion taking him. Tellerence fell against the wall beside the door and leant heavily with his back.

WIth forced, strained breathing he turned trying to reach the door knob, fingers searching until he hit them. Tellerence pulled the door open and yelled, "Riley come on!"

Tellerence staggered his way back to the whole ripped in the floorboards. He fell to his knees gripping the sides. The fall made him topple over in the dark room below.

Sapphire
10-29-2010, 11:10 PM
Snagging her's and the investigators weapons Riley did a barrel roll into the other room and slammed the door behind her. The Gargoyal shrieked, sounding almost annoyed in its gratty panting. Without another thought Riley plumpeted into the dark room below, luckily just missing Tellerence. She heaved and sudden silence enveloped them as they tried to hear the gargoyal. The door above remained shut and the house was again silent and tense. Riley pulled out another smoke and lit it up. She shine the small flaming lighter towards Tellerence, wincing from the movement as her arm had three deep bloody gashes from the Gargoyal's clawed hand. "Good to see you alive Inspector." she smirked darkly.

V
10-30-2010, 03:22 AM
"Glad to be alive Inspector," Tellerence said and rolled onto his back, his chest rising and falling quickly, "wasn't to hard in the end," he joked with half a laugh. He was glad for the silence and the tiny light Riley flicked into the room. He sat up slowly, his body ached from the fall and the effort with the flames.

"Let's hope it can't find a way down here for a while, need a few minutes rest before we find that staircase up."

Sapphire
11-02-2010, 01:49 AM
Riley went to sit up and momentarily forgot about her ripped up arm. She moaned slightly, her face turning into a grimace. She held her lighter's small flame next to her arm and inspected the three deep gashes. The light flickered and Riley could see the blood dripping from her forearm, each one hitting the floor with a sickening spash. "Well this is no good." She sihged and looked around the small room that she and Tellerence had fallen into. She couldn't see a thing apart from the small flickering flam of her lighter. "I need some bandages or even just some cloths to clean this mess up and tie it off to stop the bleeding."

V
11-03-2010, 10:14 AM
"You have a knife? We could cut some strips off my jacket if you want," he offered, looking into the light to see her wound. The three gashes looked painful, "I'm getting fairly warm in here so I won't need it."

Tellerence had been sweating since using his flames above. Destroying the fire hadn't help him either.

Sapphire
11-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Riley nodded her head, the flickering lighter suddenly burnt her thumb. Cursing she dropped it and the both of them were engulfed in darkness. Shakily Riley bent over to the ploor, her hands hungerily searching for the lighter, a light sheen of sweat suddenly coating her face. With a relieved gasp she retrieved the lighter. The flame once again flickered in her hands. "How about we find a place with more lighting first Professor. This place is giving me the complete creeps." Wearily she stodd to her feet nad offered her hand to Tellerence. This had to be the longest assignment she had ever been on.

V
11-06-2010, 10:54 AM
'"Right," Tellerence picked himself up for the floor, there were two doorways leading out of the room. THe inspector chose the one behind Riley where he expected the servants staircase to be. And in the opposite direction to the rampaging gargoyle. He forced the wooden door open and stumbled out into the servants wing.

It was right there and Tellerence gave it a glance upward, leading directly to the third floor and nothing was yet damaged. Nearby a coloured glass window led in minimal of he dying sunlight. He retrieved he gun and smashed through letting in more light. Thick bars prevented there escape, "probably built so the servants couldn't run off for a few hours, that better Inspector?"

Sapphire
11-06-2010, 03:55 PM
Riley silently followed the Inspector out the door. She watched as he knocked out the window and let in the last few dying rays of sunlight for the day. The warmth settled on her face and seemed to warm her up yet she felt all hope sinking as she saw the barred windows. "Well it would be nice to get outta here before the sun completely goes down." Riley held her arm close to her chest, her other hand gripped her gun tightly in her hand. She knew the gargoyal had her scent now. And as long as she was bleeding like a fountain she knew she wouldn't be much help to Tellerence. Her fingers shakily took out another cigarette and she held it to her mouth. She flicked her lighter and inhaled deeply, leaning on the wall in the hallway. Her energy was seeming to be running low. "Let's hope we can find some answer's in these servant qaurters, huh Tellerence."

V
11-07-2010, 12:07 AM
"Bloody hope so," he said in response, he took the book of maps from his pocket and scanned the images again, "looks like there may be a common area of sorts at the top of the stairwell." Tellerence dropped the book to the ground and brought out the letter, he shoved it into his leggings pocket.

"I'll try cutting you some strips with this broken glass," he said taking off his jacket. The inspector selected a piece and delicately began cutting.

Sapphire
11-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Riley leaned up against the wall and tried to relax. Which isn't the easiest thing to do when you have an angry gargoyal hunting you in a dark house. She tightened the grip of her hand on the three slashes, the blood was still flowing out pretty quickly. Riley began feeling dizzy and the pain seemed to be numbing. "We need to keep moving." Riley spoke out weakly, "I don't know how much longer I can last before I pass the fuck out, Inspector. We need to hurry." Her words felt quite slurred in her own mouth.

V
11-10-2010, 10:01 AM
Once he cut the strips as well as the broken glas would allow, Tellerence began wrapping Riley's arm wound tight. He appraised his work with a dark look afterward, "let's hope that stops the bleeding." She wasn't looking well, "take a seat on the bottom step for a few minutes.

"I'll try and get you a drink of water, I think the there was kitchens nearby. Sound alright?" He asked, it probably wasn't the best idea to leave her alone now but he would risk it.

Sapphire
11-13-2010, 09:15 PM
"Heh." Riley took a seat on the floor, the last few dying rays of light shined on her paleing face. She ran her long manicured nail fingers though her curley blonde hair nad took out another ciggarette. She was getting close to the end of her pack and she grimaced at the thought of running out nad still being stuck in this God forsaken mansion. "Sure Inspector. Take your time and scout ahead. I'll just be right here, resting myself a little." The claw marks burned and itched under the self made bandages of Tellerence's coat. But the blood wasn't running through so Riley took that as a good sign. She inspected her little gun and nodded as she took out some extra shells and reloaded. "I'll be just fine, so take your time, Tellerence."

V
11-14-2010, 09:28 AM
Tellerence followed the dated map through the servants corridors with ease, he found the kitchens abandoned but hastened to collect a jug of water. After opening several cupboards he found a large container with a closable lid. Cold water came freely from the taps and he waited for it to fill up.

Until he heard a sound. The soft creak of a door opening, somewhere nearby. The investigator pulled out his revolver and opened the kitchen door in silence. He slowed his breathing and looked out into the ballroom beyond.

Several men holding handguns of there own were beginning to check the area with caution. Each wore a chain hanging off there belt attached to something in their pockets. Tellerence counted three. One said something with a soft voice, it was faint but the inspector closed the door thinking he'd heard it somewhere recently. He backed away retreating into the mansion once more.

He held his fingers to his lips coming back to Riley, he whispered "three men inside mansion, here," he handed over the water, "drink quick and let's head up."

Sapphire
11-15-2010, 12:11 AM
Riley jumped slightly when Tellerence silently slipped back to her side. She listened to him and quickly downed the water and stood to her feet. "Why are we hiding from the men? We could use as much back up as we can get, wouldn't you think?" Even as she said this her weapon was gripped tightly in her hand and she frowned as she listened to any movement close to them. This was by far the strangest case she had ever been asigned to. She wondered if Telerence was use to this kind of thing.

V
11-15-2010, 08:40 AM
"I'm not so sure they would help, I think one of the men was Jerald - I couldn't be certain because I never saw him. But his voice was very familiar." Tellerence said, remembering his earlier distrust of the man. "I don't know their purpose but I cannot trust them yet. I think we should move on."

The investigator indicated toward the stairway. Something was going on here but he didn't care. All he wanted to do was defeat a rogue Gargoyle and say farewell to the dreaded mansion.

Sapphire
11-16-2010, 02:15 AM
Riley made her way up the stairs, her feet barley touching the ground as she quickly but stealthly moved along. She rounded a corner up the stairs and into the hallway. She couldn't be sure where Tellerence was wanting to go. He seemed to be keeping information to himself, but as she was the one taking point she made her way down the hallway and past a few doors. Suddenly there was a rumble and the sound of something cracking, falling, and something big crashing down on the lower level of the mansin. "What the hell?" Riley crouched down next to the wall. The mansion was deathly silent. She turned back towards Tellerence with a confussed look. "Possiable the chandelier downstairs?" She more mouthed it then whispered she was so quiet. "What is going on? Why haven't we heard the screams of the Gargoyal yet?" She wondered outloud.

V
11-16-2010, 10:02 AM
"Best not think on it," he responded, it was no doubt the Gargoyle welcoming its new play things. He walked past her into the corridor's beyond. They were on the third floor now, with the grotesque waiting somewhere within. The servant passage ended with a door leading into the greater parts of the manor. With a careful hand he checked the door - it opened without noise revealing a dark chamber beyond. Tellerence felt along the edge of the door finding the switch. Globes above flickered into light revealing the elegant sitting room inside. Artwork covered the walls, a bookshelf had one to itself, and antique furniture centered around a small coffee table.

Around the dead man that waited. Tellerence slowed his walk in but made his way in a circle revealing the body to his assistant. The man crouched down by the dead, "he looks familiar," he said sadly but his voice was also full of confusion. And he was suddenly unsure of everything to do with the case.

Tellerence pulled at the chain connected to the victims belt. A pocket watch fell out, he twisted the object onto it's back and read, "Association of Gargoyle Handlers, our missing controller of Gargoyles was part of their group it seems. Might explain something, but doesn't explain who brought that beast to life.

"Nor why he was shot in the head."

Sapphire
11-16-2010, 09:39 PM
Riley sucked in her breath as she quickly followed Tellerence through the hallway. She didn't think twice as Tellerence disappeared into the pitch black hallway, and she kept right at his back, quickly shuting the door behind them with an inautoable click of the doors latch. When Tellerence had finally found the light switch Riley felt in awe of the beautiful paintings and decor that filled the air. But the awe quickly faded at the sight of the dead man's body. "I don't trust this." Riley's voice was sharp yet still a whisper. "Two dead bodies found in this mansion. One commited suicide, supposedly, And now this poor man with the gun shot wound. Who is part of the A.G.H? And is in the more hidden quarters for the servants? Someone is behind all of this, and I can only assume this is a man driven by greed!" Riley shook her head and paced back and forth a couple times as she thought. She itched at her bandaged arm, but her face still remained calm as she thought. "This corpse doesn't yet smell. Has rigor mortis set in yet or is it all still fairly new?"

V
11-19-2010, 10:54 AM
"He's cold, I'd take a guess a good few hours before we entered." Tellerence replied but his voice wasn't certain, this was far from his area of knowledge. "There is no gun nearby." He commented.

Silence was everywhere but Tellerence couldn't help but think that their target was nearby. There was a second exit across the other side of the room, Tellerence walked to it and heard no movement behind. His eyes scanned the room but nothing else held his interest. He nodded to Riley, "I think this might be it." He indicated to the door.

Sapphire
11-20-2010, 02:18 AM
Riley took a deep breath and nodded her head. Things in this mansion were way to still. Things were way to quiet. This made Riley more nervous than anything. It was like whatever was behind that door was waiting for them. Could it be the gargoyal? Could something else, somebody else, be behind all of this? But for what reason. Riley exhaled and took a step towards the door, her gun raised. She nodded to Tellerence to let him know she was going in. With her hand on the knob the door creaked open, the only sound that filled the void of silence. Riley sucked in her breath. A wave of ice cold air hit her. The pitch black room was freezing cold. Riley wondered for a second if it was the Reaper of death that just exhaled on her. Riley mustered up the courage to take a feeble step inside the room, her free hand anxiously ran across the wall, her fingers searching for a light switch. A huge gust of wind through her back against the wall and slammed the door behind her, closing Tellerence out and shuting a wide eyed Riley in.

V
11-20-2010, 09:46 AM
It waited, the beast the had been hunting. Or had it been hunting them? It saw her enter and swooped but broke off the assualt as soon as it could. The door clicked behind her. It waited a dark figure perched nearby a great window at the far end of the great ballroom watching the investigator. The frame of its stoney bulk visible against the falling sun outside catching brief moments of light.

It watched, it waited.

The Gargoyle Shrieked.

~~

Tellerence made to open up the door quick behind his assistant but a sudden click halted him. He turned to watch the other door open, he pulled his revolver up quick and watched the three men enter.

"Ah inspector," Gerald said before his eyes saw the dead body in the centre of the room, "Michal." He whispered and lowered his weapon. Tellerence watched there faces go from confusion to sadness but didn't lower his own revolver even after all theirs were pointed to the ground. "That bitch."

"Who is controlling the beast?" Snapped Tellerence startling the three Gargoyle Handers, they drew eyes back to him but the Inspector suddenly realised the answer...

"No one."

Sapphire
11-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Riley felt herself shaking. "I hate the fucking dark..." She cursed shamelessly trying desperatly to find the light switch, her hands shakily feeling up and down the wall. "Inspector!" Her voice was a low husky demand as she hoped Tellerence would come sweeping in there bringing her a hand of fire and saving light with him. She heard some speaking outside the door and her eyes furrowed. She steadied her hand and listened to the muffled conversation, lighting herself a cigarette. She suddenly wondered if maybe this room was the safest place to be. She suddenly wondered if all along the Gargoyal was only hunting the greatest. The best. Tellerence. She had only been attacked because she had got in it's way. It made sense but it didn't. How great was Tellerence? He had taken down how many Gargoyals single handedly? Riley itched at her bandages and frowed, her eyebrows knitted together in thought. Now if a Gargoyal was free to do his own will and nobody commanded it then what would be the firstthing it would do? Take down any and all who got in its way? Maybe... Maybe revenge? Riley was ready to burst through the door to tell Tellerence to get out of there. To tell him what could possiably be going on in this creepy mansion. As soon as her hand gripped the door knob she heard a blarring angry victorious shriek that sent icy chills down her neck back and arms.

V
11-21-2010, 06:29 AM
Tellerence heard the great cry of the gargoyle and his stomach rolled over. Riley was in danger in the other room. "Riley," he called through the doorway, "you allright?"

"You're the only one who can stop it now Investigator, nothing but pyremagic will destroy it." Jerald said. "We can assist in distracting it for several minutes but our ammo is limited." Tellerence nodded and lowered his revolver. He nodded toward the door.

Inside the creature gave another screeched and the thumping of wings could be heard in the darkness. Tellerence tried the door but it was stuck. "Move," said one of Jerald's men who handed his pistol to the third man, before charging at the door with his shoulder.

Sapphire
11-21-2010, 06:42 AM
The door crashed open next to Riley. Fear chocked her, and yet she still held her gun steadily aim straight ahead in the darkness. A minumal amount of light poured in from the now broken in door. Gasping Riley saw the glowing eyes fixated on the door. It charged, screeching a battle like cry as it grabbed the man who had broken in the door. The man screamed with terror as the gargoyal took him into his clawed grip. Riley heard the sickening sound of the man's kneck being snapped which splattered Riley with a warm sticky spray of the man's blood. The man gurgled, his eyes suddenly dulled and the Gargoyal threw him like a rag doll at Tellerence's feet before quickly retreating back within the dark. Riley felt glued against the wall, her fingers automatically working to pull the trigger into the darkness. She shot twice before realizing she wasn't shooting at anything, "Shit."

V
11-21-2010, 06:54 AM
Tellerence wobbled in stunned at what had just happened, his feet took him in dazed and he barely heard Riley's gun fire. "Bastard." He said taking himself from the trance. "Riley, use this," he handed her his weapon again so he could fight without distractions.

"We'll help get it's attention," Jerald sad, his face was white and shocked from the savage death of his friend.

Tellerence nodded. "It's going to to get bright in here," he growled drawing on his flames to create an orb of fire near the centre of the ceiling. It started dull but within seconds the whole room was lit. The gargoyle didn't like it one bit, he began another assault on the group.

Sapphire
11-21-2010, 08:49 AM
Riley took his gun and held both weapon in her hands, pointing at the evil eyes that was rapidly approaching them. "You can go to hell." Riley screamed as she began shooting towards it, trying to delay it's action time. The flickering flame that Tellerence had created was begining to grow larger and streams of sweat beaded down Riley's porceline white skin. "He's still comming at us!" Slowly but surely the wicked wailing of the gargoyal was still aproching them, "Here he comes!" Riley shouted, her guns fireing still as the sharpe claws seemed to swipe at her.

V
11-21-2010, 09:45 AM
As the creature drew near Tellerence focused his mind and crafted a shield of fire. THe gargoyle shrieked as the bullets hit and it pulled out of it's diving attack before being roasted. While the stone creature was distracted, Jerald and his remaining partner dashed to the other end of the ball room. They aimed and shot poorly but managed to draw the attention of the gargoyle away from Riley.

The inspector walked after it diminishing his shield of flame. With a way of his hand a flash of fire whipped after the creature, it ducked and twirled away before the strike hit. It wheeled in mid flight staring down the pyremage. A thrill rose in Tellerence's chest, this is something he could do - there was no pondering of strange occurances to work out. This was just straightforward action. He was good at this.

The gargoyle came at him now, ignoring the two other men. Tellerence charged another strike.

Sapphire
11-21-2010, 09:58 AM
Riley took in a deep breath of relief as Tellerence once again came to her rescue with the shield of flameing fire that protected her. Her legs felt like jelly, but she knew she had to continue on. This was the end after all. This was truly the final stand off. And like hell she would leave Tellerence to face it alone. Like hell she would come all this way just to give out now. Like hell she would allow this abomination of murderous intent to continue living. Noticing Tellerence had to recharge the Gargoyal began going in for the kill while it had the oppurtunity. Screaming Riley ran head on into the conflict, crossing paths between Tellerence and the gargoyal, shooting wildly at the damn thing to make it back off just long enough for Tellerence to be ready for his second attack as she completly got out of the way of the two mortal enemies.

V
11-21-2010, 10:15 AM
It wasn't going to work, there wasn't enough time for him to draw flames that would destroy stoney flesh. It was going to take him like all the others. Gun fire filled the air, shots pounding into the stone of the enemy. Then she rushed in front of him, distracting the Gargoyle for several moments. Hole after hole appeared on the giant creatures chest, with the two men blasting bullets as well. Riley ducked out of the way and the creature charged at him.

Tellerence felt the power finally click and was welcomed by the flames once again. He waited before lashing out a second whip. Aiming for a wing to immobilize the fire soared, but the beast was prepared and shifted in flight taking the attack with its leg as a shield. Stone exploded and a terrible scream of pain came from the gargoyles mouth. Flames splashed onto the wooden floorboards and spread as the creature tumbled down. It crashed and stumbled away from the investigator shaking as it used its remaining limbs to walk.

Tellerence tried drawing more flames, but his body swayed from the recent uses of pyremagic.

Sapphire
11-21-2010, 10:35 AM
"Tellerence! We need to bring down this mansion! Wipe it all out! Clean it with your fire!" Riley shouted as her fingers fumbled to reload both of the weapons. She had only four left for her own gun. The other two men were struggeling to even hit the hulking gargoyal. "Bring it all down Tellerence! Give it all your hell!" Riley knew she would need to make a bigger distraction than before to give Tellerence enough time to empower himself with the pyro again. She would have to get closer. Behind the gargoyal. Completely take its mind off of Tellerence if it thinks he had an easy victim within arms reach. Without a second thought Riley sprinted behind the ugly creature, all the while shooting at his back and yelling obsinities at it, "Look at my you coward! Or am I not good enough for you to throw around like a rag doll. Come on you stupid piece of-" Sweeping behind it Riley shot two more time before the gracefully powerful gargoyal simply twirled around and pulled her into its body with it's stoned grip. Its sharp claws dugged deep, almost sinking into Riley's skin like a knife in warmed butter. Riley screamed in terror as it lifted her up and took a chunk of skin out of her shoulder before discarding her by throwing her all the way to the back wall as though she were nothing but a sack of rotten potatoes. Riley hit the back of the wall hard. The pain that engulfed all of her body and the feeling of blood pouring from her shoulder all seemed blurry. Things were going dark as she longed for the sweet feeling of unconscienceness. Unfortunately her body was being stubborn as a big part of her fought to maintain some degree of attentiveness. On of the men rushed over to her and was trying to stop the bleeding. "It must all burn." Riley pursed her lips and she struggled to grab the man's shirt collar. "Do you understand? He must burn it all down. It must all be burned." Shakily with Riley's good arm she aimed the gun, ready to fire one last time at the Gargoyal before her blurry vision went black.

V
11-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Tellerence heard her words pounding around his mind, take down the building, burn it to the ground. Good, he thought savagely, he could do that once he drew enough power, if he could draw it. The pyremagic was returning slowly as he stood in the centre of the room. He watched in horror as the wounded gargoyle took his assistant in a fierce grip tearing her skin and discarding her, then willed his power to grow with refreshed fierceness. He could barely her anything but the screaming of the Gargoyle as it was riddled full or more holes as Jeralds ammo ran out.

"Take her out of here!" Tellerence screamed at the man beside her, feeling the power inside grow and grow. Becoming strong and ready to unleash great furious damage. The Gargoyle was walking toward him now, ignoring the rest, sensing they were no longer dangerous, and that he was it's last threat. In an awkward stumble it made its way to him. He continued drawing his strength ready for one last surge of power. "Leave now!" He screamed again.

His powers came to the surface.

Sapphire
11-21-2010, 10:56 PM
Riley felt herself being picked up and carried away, her vision darkening as she shot one last time, the bullet pinged off of the hardened skin of the gargoyal. She lost herself in the blackness, hearing anxious muttering as the two men scrambled to get outof the mansion. "Tellerence." She was screaming in her mind but it only reached her lips as a faint whisper. "Tellerence. Get out of here... Get out of...." She then felt herself being laid down in grass. Had they made it outside already? Was Tellerence with them? Was it finally over? No... She could feel that it wasn't over yet. The two men were desperatly trying to stop the bleeding from where Riley was brutally attacked. "Where is he? Why hasn't Tellerence followed up outside yet?" She could hear the men talking back and forth in anxious voices. She could feel how there hands were shaking. "Is she gonna make it?" One voice asked. "Shut up. She can still hear you!" The other voice snapped, "Your going to be fine. You were Tellerence assisstant right?" his voice was much kinder now as he spoke into her ear. "Well you better stay awake so you can see him when he comes out of that mansion victoriously." Riley felt tears slipping down her face. The darkness consumed her once more.

V
11-22-2010, 08:21 AM
Tellerence heard the door click shut as they exited. The beast loomed over him ready to strike a fatal blow. His flames roared to life filling the air around his body. The gargoyle recoiled momentarily preparing itself for defense but realising no attack was coming leapt.

Flames spread in all directions, whipping around the ball room. They slashed into the walls which burst into fire on impact. Furniture when struck shuddered and joined the mass of forming flames. The floorboards erupted underneath the dueling man and gargoyle. Only a few brief seconds passed as the flames surged from the inspector and the end of the raging power. In moments the smoke filled the night sky amongst the red flames visible from afar. And the shrieking of the rogue creature came into the night.

Many of the whips had struck its exposed body, lashing with deadly forced tearing holes into the moving stone wings. Wrecking the unnatural body of the hunter. It cried in pain, flinging it's destroyed body through the floorboards seeking safety from the flames in the lower levels of the mansion. But there was no respite for the creature downwards, the unnatural pyremagic flames were spreading fast. Ripping through the wooden structure, devouring without remorse.

Tellerence stood in the middle of the ballroom, his energy gone from him. Hi face looked aged from the final attack. He was nearly unconscious. But as he began coughing in smoke the sudden urge to escape filled his every thought. He turned and hurried to the doorway, leaping over flames as he went. He stumbled but managed to hold himself up and reach he doorway. Tellerence ripped the door inward coming to the room with the dead man. Behind him he heard a crash of a chandelier falling. This room was burning as well.

The stairway was much harder for his exhausted body to manage, he tripped and rolled to the first floor. Landing in a bundle, the investigator moaned. He watched the upper floors flames before pulling himself up. He was numb as he rushed through the kitchens coming to the great hall. He could see the outside, the great door ways left open for him. But something else caught his eyes. The Gargoyle had somehow survive and was limping a broken body toward the outside as well. It screeched as it saw him and doubled it's efforts. Tellerence gulped and rushed to the main doors, slamming them closed behind him as he left. Hoping to trap it inside. He collapsed on grass with a sigh of relief.

Sapphire
11-22-2010, 09:16 AM
Riley opened her eyes to see Tellerence lying beside her on the grass. She could hear scratching. Where was that sound comming from? She struggled to pull herself up, but found her body to weak to do so. "Relax and lay back down." It was one of the men who had saved her life that gently pushed her back to lay in the soft tickelish grass. "The ambulance is on it's way." Riley felt disorientated as she looked over at the once proud mansion. Fire had licked through the walls from the top level and smoke accented the brightness of the stars that hung in the velvet sky above. But still she heard scratching. It was unsetteling to her. That when she realized the scratching was comming from the mansion, mixed along with low throaty groans. It clicked and Riley realized it was the Gargoyal still trapped within the burning mansion. "Well done, Inspector." Riley weakly smiled and she winked at the exhausted Tellerence laying next to her. "Not exactly." a high pealed voice came from next to the mansion's closed door. Riley struggled to see who it was. "What the hell are you doing?" one of the men demanded angerily. "You won't be needing an ambulance gentleman. Not for where you all are going! This Gargoyal is mine! I control it! As are all the riches of my uncle! It all belongs to me! And nobody will know it was me who masterminded everything! Not with all of you out of the way anyways!" Her high pitched voice made Riley grimace. It was the snooty niece, Riley was sure of that. "Don't open that door! You don't understand that the Gargoyal is..." The man couldn't finish his sentance in time. Riley could see the niece flinging the door open and coaxing the Gargoyal out of the burning mansion. "Shit..." Riley groaned, prepared to be ripped to pieces. "I need a cigarette...."

V
11-22-2010, 09:50 AM
"Fucking hell." Groaned Tellerence, "why did we have to get the shit job Riley?" He pulled himself into a sitting position and watched the culprit behind their horrible day, the niece, open the great doors to let out the beast. The four that had emerged safe and alive did nothing to stop her, their weapons either lost or out of ammuniion.

Smoke poured free as the monster crawled out on its remaining limbs. Tellerence looked a what he'd done to the thing in horror, it was nothing like it's former self. It was burnt and scarred, full of holes, it looked like it was going to collapse at any moment. It saw his and let out a creak. De Paul's niece coaxed it out, "come on, kill them," she pointed at the people on the grass. THe gargoyle cocked its head at her then let out a terrible scream attacking without hesitation. Claws ripped into her chest in one single brutal attack. She toppled backwards stunned at clutching her body before hitting the ground underneath. The gargoyle let out another scream and turned to face the group.

It made half an effort to lung before succumbing to pain. It fell over, then became lifeless.

"Fucking glad that's over," Tellerence said falling back to the grass. The sounds of an ambulance could be heard in the night.

Sapphire
11-22-2010, 10:04 AM
Riley remembered little of the events that transpired after the death of both the niece and the gargoyal was confirmed. Her and Tellerence were finally rid of their nightmare of a case. She kept blacking out, going in and out of conscienceness. She remembered argueing with the nurses in the ambulance about lighting up her cigarette. She remembered the exhausted but relieved look on Tellerence face. She remembered the damn needle's she was poked with in the Hospital. It had only been 24 hours but when Riley woke up she felt like she had slept for a lifetime, and her last mission was all a bad dream. Her eyes fluttered open and she blinked several times trying to remember where she way. The stiff hospital bed squeeked under the weight of her body. She lifted one hand and ran her fingers thru her hair, the catheter inserted into her hand made it difficult. She tugged on it, debating weather or not to pull it out. Her blurry eyes focused in on all the bandages wrapped on her shoulder and neck and the fresh wrappings on her forearm. It still itched and burned. She looked around feebly, her vision still dark and called out, "Tellerence?"

V
11-22-2010, 10:15 AM
Tellerence was allowed into the ambulance alongside his partner, he smiled grimly as she tried lighting up another cigarette. They arrived at the hospital and they were separated momentarily as they checked up on his health and fixed up her shoulder. Tellerence contacted the agency to confirm to completion of the case and inform them of a possible wanted man, he gave the description of the butler.

Several hours later he'd received word that the butler had been captured before he could escape on the trains. He'd confessed to his part in the ploy without any resistance. Since then Tellerence had been waiting by his partner's side, Jerald had visited saying the mansion was completely destroyed and the body of the gargoyle had been removed. He thanked the pair for defeating the monster before leaving.

"Tellerence?" She said.

"I got you some smokes." He replied.

Sapphire
11-25-2010, 01:17 AM
Riley smiled widely as she reached for the heavenly cigarette and lighter, "To hell with hospital rules." She snickered giddily while lighting one up. They shared a moment of comfotable companionable silence while Riley's lips pressed around her cigarette and she inhaled deeply and blew out a few smoke rings. "Well Inspector," Riley finally broke the silence grinning at him, "Can't say it was a pleasure working with you, but it was my damn honor to work along side of you." She leaned back into the stiff pillows, completely relaxing as the numbing pain in her shoulder disappeared from her mind. "Perhaps one day we will be assigned on the same case again." Riley felt content with that idea. Tellerence was a professional and there was a lot Riley could learn from him. Plus she thought they made a pretty good team, and she enjoyed his company. Riley reached out with her good arm in order to give Tellerence a handshake, "Really couldn't have made it out of there alive if it wasn't for you, Tellerence. I owe you one, and you can call in on a favor whenever your in a jam. I'll come for you, it's the least I can do."

V
11-25-2010, 06:02 AM
Tellerence took her hand and gave it a quick strong shake. "It has been a ride hasn't it. If we are ever assigned another job together, let's bloody hope its something nice." He smiled and let her hand drop.

"Likewise, if you ever need help just seek me out."

"But for now, I have a train to catch. Duty calls, you know how it is. Rest up Riley, we'll meet again."