PDA

View Full Version : New Book

Griphun
10-26-2010, 01:12 AM
I am creating this thread to create my book. I haven't really thought of a plot yet, only that it'll be after an epidemic that spread through the whole world. Some were left untouched, others perished to the horrible disease known as Mors Morbus.

This disease as also caused people to go insane, those who live that is. The roam the streets like the living dead, killing anything that moves. But and new organization has stepped up to purge the world of this disease. They are known as Mors Watchers. They carry weapons of their choice, along with a gas mask and a trench coat.

What will become of the new world? Read and you will find out..

Also, feel free to comment through out the thread if you like. I like to hear what you think.

Griphun
10-27-2010, 02:02 AM
Mors Morbus Epidemic

December 16, 2021..

I remember the day the epidemic spread. It was no different than any other day, but changed our planet as we know it. I was only 17 years old when it hit, this is where my life really began..

The alarm clock blared and flashed 6:20 A.M, time for school.. I groaned and rolled over to stare at the ceiling. I let the alarm go off for another minute to wake me up before slapping the top of the clock. 6:22, school didn't start until 7:20, but I always seemed to be late no matter what.

I stood up, stretched, and walked to the mirror. I stared at the person in the mirror, tall, slender, semi-long shaggy hair, and greens eyes. This is my, Bryan Haggard. 17 and going nowhere in life. I sighed and started to gather my clothes for a shower.

By 6:27 I was starting the shower. The sound of the water hitting metal echoed in the bathroom. Steam came odd the tub from the heat. I stepped in and relaxed a little. I always loved to take a shower in the morning, it helped me get my thoughts together. Three minutes passed before my mother knocked on the door.

"There's food for you on the counter." she called over the water. I didn't answer as usual. I just didn't feel like talking to anyone that morning..

By 6:45 I was out the door and heading to my truck. I fumbled around in my pocket to find my keys and unlock the doors. I slid into the driver's seat and threw my backpack in the back. I put the keys in and ignited the engine, the truck roared to life. I messed with the radio a bit, only hearing frantic talk on every radio station. I didn't feel like listening to talk shows, so I turned it off. I backed out of the driveway, turning right, and drove off down the road to school.
There was no one in the road or sidewalk, which was very unusual. I dismissed it for now. I looked at the clock to make sure I really wasn't late. 6:50, making better progress than usual. I shrugged and continued to drive.

A little ways up the road, I saw 3 cars on the side of the road. I slowed down to see if there was anyone there. To my surprise, the doors were open and the cars were empty. Very odd, almost as if they were in a hurry for something. I shook my head and sped up down the road.

When I reached the school, no one was there at all. Not one car or person.. I turned down the driveway to the school and slammed on my brakes. I almost ran into the gate of the school. The gates were never closed.. not even on the weekends.. I stepped out of my truck and looked around. "Hello?" I called out into the silence. There was no answer, there was no one, only me and the wind. That's when I looked at the gate and noticed the Quarantine sign on the gate.

This was the day Mors Morbus took the world.. on March 15th of 2010.. I am Bryan Haggard, veteran member of the Mors Watchers.. and this is my story..