PDA

View Full Version : (September '16) Prompt #3- "Open my eyes"

Kris
08-31-2016, 08:09 PM
September's 3rd prompt is "Open my eyes"

If you have any questions about how to participate in this event,
please visit the The rules and Guideline (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=80942) thread or PM Naraness (http://role-player.net/forum/member.php?u=24919).

Feeling like offering us a prompt?
Do you want to see your idea featured as one of the Month's prompts?
Click here (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=80942&p=2769937&viewfull=1#post2769937) to learn more!

Kris
09-30-2016, 08:43 PM
Open my eyes, to this new sensation.
That has been there, but so alone.
Open my eyes, redeem my intensions.
That but one last bless, cannot go wrong.

I still pray for you. I still hope for you. I still long for you. But from afar.
I still recover from, what was right and wrong, I wish you a good ending guided by stars.

I know I couldn't hope to tame, but I didn't wish for it, and maybe I could long for that, but it was not to be. I couldn't really hold onto whatever it was that my eyes have seen. It was so sincere.

Hold on, for one more dawn, before you go, all alone. Remember that there are treasures to claim.
Right on, for all hope wronged, before you go, there are no feelings left to maim.

I still pray for you. I still hope for you. I still long for you. But from afar.
I still recover from, what was right and wrong, I wish you a good ending guided by stars.

Justify what it means to want and to lose. Justify this, and all that we've been through.
Because the ocean is wide, alive and rigid. I swear it's the truth, can you believe it?

I watch you kill time, alone, by yourself. You drink from a cup, that not hold your name.
You hope for summer breeze, of forgotten time. There is land to explore... which is sadly not mine.

There could be hard time for you, it could be rougher for me, but I'm honest to what I said, when you first met me. I will protect and hold dear, from everything that I fear, but I cannot do this alone, I hope you will see this from your high throne.

There are enough evidences to justify my claims, but I will not go on, because you've wasted enough of my time. Burning flame of hot smell, you also know this oh so well, but I will let this fire simply die.

There could be no other way, even if I ask it to be, I simply empty inside.
There could be no other way, even If you ask it to be. You are just too hollow inside...

I fear this moment from the start, what a premature reading, but I wish I heed and avoided this feelings.
You may shake it off, as something simple and patty, but trust me that won't be me to be bleeding.
And even if you go on, into your daily life and actions, just remember someone used to watch over, used to care and just wanted some affection.
But you couldn't see the good, even if you wanted...
So should I ask you to have my eyes parted?...

There could be no other way, even if I ask it to be, I simply empty inside.
There could be no other way, even If you ask it to be. You are just too hollow inside...

Yesterday is gone, darkness parted right with dawn, I look forward, I look forward.
Tomorrow brighter than red, even if part of me is still sad... I look forward, I look forward.

Open your eyes, like you tried with mine.
There used to be good time, but not anymore.
Open your eyes, for once just let them shine
If chances happen... have the courage to open the door.

m139
10-01-2016, 02:46 AM
Part Ten of the September Story
Previous Installment (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=75408&p=2614902&viewfull=1#post2614902)
Next Installment (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83302&p=2825500&viewfull=1#post2825500)

As Miranda's eyes flew open, she gasped. Gradually, her vision began to sort itself out, and the faces above her came into focus, "I..." began Miranda, "I... What..."

"It's okay." Paul said, letting out the breath that he had been holding, "It's-"

"But... what..."

Suddenly the memories of all that had happened hit her. As they rushed over her in a wave, her eyes shut tight again, and remained that way for a good number of seconds. Then, she opened them again, and pushed herself free of support into a sitting position. "No..." she said, holding her head, "No. It is not fine."

There was a look of pain in her eyes, the look that comes from a deep wound that one has tried to hide- is trying to hide- but finds that the thin facial mask betrays them. And then, all semblance of attempts leave.

"I... How am I supposed to do this? What am I supposed to do? Everything. Everything is-" She stopped. Everything was what? Even when she had began the phrase, she had not known where she was going to end. There was no word to describe her complete frustration, her complete shock about all this, and her complete inability to do anything at all about it. It was more than simply annoying, it was- it was-

At this moment, Lyra shoved the box back into her hands. "I'm sorry." she said, unable to lift her eyes, "I did not mean to break the box. I didn't mean to-"

Miranda let the box fall to the side and encircled Lyra with her arms, "Don't be, little one. It's not your fault. It never was your fault."

Tears began to fall from Miranda's eyes as she stroked the others hair. For a while, the girl remained in that position, but then, she shifted. Her little arms reached out and picked up the bottom part of the box, and she began to very carefully play with the velvet inside. It was almost as if she was pressing the edges in a particular attempt to hide something.

But Miranda had not noticed this. No, although she had loosened her grip to allow for the shifting Lyra, and had watched as the girl stretched out and picked up the bottom portion of the box, the woman's eyes had remained on the floor while the girl's eyes followed the object now in her lap. But it was not on the dull, grey faded carpet that Miranda's eyes rested. Rather, her eyes were on that part of the box left behind- the lid.

The lid had fallen face up, revealing its reflective side. Like Lyra, she discovered a bent reflection staring back at her. But, unlike Lyra, whose thoughts had quickly strayed leaving this top soon forgotten, Miranda's thoughts stayed on that lid.

Miranda had not carefully examined this inner part of the lid at all. Truth be told, the box had been all but forgotten when the letter enclosed was discovered: it was left aside like the wrappings of a present. But now, now that the letter had been read, it lay face down where it had fallen, and its casing seemed so much more important.

Wasn't it strange, thought Miranda, that the box, though unassuming on the outside, could still be so gloriously beautiful on the inside? To her, it did not matter that there were dents and small imperfections in the metal- it was still beautiful. In fact, it was gorgeous. There was something amazing about the fact that somehow, even in this ruin of a place, in a box rusted green, there could still be something so... so... new. As if, through it all, something could be saved.

Lyra moved in her lap again, wriggling her way off with that part of the box she still had. As she left, Miranda herself reached out to grab the lid. And when she looked at its reflection, she saw the image of her mother, the last time she had come home to see her.

There were the same tired eyes, there the same black hair, tied back but loosely falling, and- was that a streak of grey there? And there was that expression, that soft smile, ips parsed as if they would say something, if only they could, if only they could break through the silence and-

And what? What good would it have done to break through the silence? Would anything her mother could have done actually been effective in helping her child?

It was in that instant that Miranda realized a second trait that she and her mother shared: helplessness.

A slow wry smile slowly crossed the face of the one who looked, and the one looked at. Miranda had always wished to see her mother again, but she had never expected to see her in herself. It was quite strange, really. Her mother had been in power, in this very room, overseeing all. And yet she had not been able to halt the inevitable destruction or its aftermath. And here, here Miranda was sitting now. It was only her, and there was nothing she could do about what was going on around her.

Or was there?

She looked up from the lid. There was Paul, half kneeling as he looked into the box and talked to Lyra. Both of them were there. Miranda was not alone. Nor was there nothing she could do: true, she could not change the world she had been placed into, and she did not know even half of the answers. But she could try. She could try to do something. What had that note said?

She looked around for the fallen note. Where? Oh there it was, it had blown a bit off. How could she have been so careless?

She got up and went after it.

"The door to the world is in the center, for to climb out you first must go all the way in. The golden key is in the box, hidden beneath the velvet lining.

This key unlocks the only door out. There are twelve such keys, but only one door.
This key, like the others, will break if used improperly.

There are many ways, but only one correct path. Choose wisely, or you will loose what matters most."

She still did not know what it meant. She did not even know if it was just another trap.

But it was something at least. And there was a stubbornness in her that knew she had to try.