PDA

View Full Version : a NaNoWriMo is born- Let's pick up the hero!

Kris
09-30-2016, 08:51 PM
We gonna make an event specially made for the month of November.

Our goal will be to reach 50,000 words with as many members that willing to take part in it, with a premade profile that will be starring in each and every story (as main hero) that will be written and we plan to reach a collection of short stories that will be 50,000 words in total (or maybe more).

The options are:

Name: Scarf Muckbuckle
gender: Scarf Muckbuckle is whatever Scarf Muckbukle wants to be.
appearance: A small red-headed gnome. Has a large nose. Scarf Muckbuckle carries around a javelin and a goat. The goat is led by a rope and uses a backpack to hold all of Scarf's belongings.
Setting in which you see said hero appear in: A fantasy-type D&D world.

The Various Adventures of Scarf Muckbuckle and their Bedraggled Goat Companion

Name: Cake Bot
appearance: Cake bot appears like a normal robot except it has an oven for a stomach, can turn it's arms into hoses that squirt icing, and fingers into knives at will.
Setting in which you see said hero appear in: Any world possible, the basic little thing about Cake Bot is that it travels across time and space delivering cakes like a mail service.

It's quirky, but I think that's what makes it all the more fun.

Name: Ryon Cross
Appearance: White hair, a normal right blue eye and a different red left eye. He appears somewhat young, and had an average build, no facial hair whatsoever.
Setting in which you see said hero appear in: Science-fantasy or noir.

Name: Leah "Lolo"/"Lilith" Huert
appearance: Pale skin lady with somewhat long black hair and Big Blue/Purple eyes. About average height.
Setting in which you see said hero appear in: Sci-fi/ Modern world with a twist/ Noir

Name: "Flora" Anurian (No one remembers her actual name
appearance: She has a petite stature with with long hair blonde hair with blue eyes.
Setting in which you see said hero appear in: It is a fantasy setting, it is from one of the stories I lost progress on I was actually going to keep Flora (her name changes later in the story,) in the world I had created for here. She was a scribe in training, pretty much finished the ceremony to be come a full one (I say pretty much because she fainted. Though has received everything she needed to be considered an official scribe.) When she wakes up, everyone around her is dead. She has a massive wound in her stomach. Blah blah blah, she got away and now wants to survive, hiding she was a scribe for fear of who attacked everyone else would come after her again.

The world is fantasy, world. It is filled with adventurers, heros (the two are different,) explorers, Doctors, dragons, different races, old grudges, Collesuems (sorry can't spell.) Where people face challenges, put on a good show, and are tested. ;) Not to mention who knows what your companions will be like.

Name: Sir Henry Miles
appearance: A muscular knight, in really cool armor
Setting in which you see said hero appear in: High fantasy. With dragons. Definitely dragons.

Name: Dorian Quaid (DR9-Q8D-T43)
appearance: Dorian appears as either a tall beautiful woman with dark hair, or a handsome dark haired man. In truth DR9-Q8D-T43 is a sentient collection of nanomachines.
Setting in which you see said hero appear in: Noir/Superhero/futuristic

Name: Cronus
appearance: Consistent birthmark (sickle?), otherwise, variable
Setting in which you see said hero appear in: Any

Something a bit more epic might be nice though! A struggle between two immortal (or consistently reincarnated?) beings, stretched over the whole spectrum of perceived existence. Avatars of the gods, or angel/demon if y'all are more comfortable with that concept.

I'd kinda like to see Zeus and Cronus reincarnated, actually. The womanizing, divine manslut and the psychotically jealous father-god that he killed and rescued his older siblings from the belly of... The Greek myths are so fun. They have the advantage of being vague enough to be played with, and well known enough that anyone can pick them up with minimal research.

Name: Zeus
Age: Slightly less ancient spirit, reincarnated age as appropriate
appearance: Consistent birthmark (lightning bolt), otherwise, variable
Setting in which you see said hero appear in: Any

Something a bit more epic might be nice though! A struggle between two immortal (or consistently reincarnated?) beings, stretched over the whole spectrum of perceived existence. Avatars of the gods, or angel/demon if y'all are more comfortable with that concept.

I'd kinda like to see Zeus and Cronus reincarnated, actually. The womanizing, divine manslut and the psychotically jealous father-god that he killed and rescued his older siblings from the belly of... The Greek myths are so fun. They have the advantage of being vague enough to be played with, and well known enough that anyone can pick them up with minimal research.

Name: Arthur Sandford, Planer Traveler
Setting: really, anything

This is the stories of a guy, now advanced in years, who has jumped planes (timelines) all his life. Stories can thereby be in any sort of setting, and at almost any time in his younger life, including the story of how he managed to get his profession. Basically, this work could be described as "The Many Adventures of Arthur Sandford, Planer Traveler"

Kris
09-30-2016, 09:00 PM
Okay added the poll.

Hopefully I didn't forget anything. 20 days to vote, let's do this :D

Zulera301
10-01-2016, 11:42 PM
manly man gets my vote. 10/10 would read. (#6)

Griff
10-02-2016, 12:00 AM
I mean for obvious reasons I would like number 1, but 10 seems really good too

Kayser
10-02-2016, 01:08 AM
Arthur's possibilities are endless

Griff
10-02-2016, 02:11 AM
Maybe each version's personality could be different because of ages or what time he was in

Griff
10-03-2016, 05:42 PM
So I was wondering how we would approach this, and had an idea.

What if we manage to get to 50000 words, could we put it on the Nanowrimo website? I was thinking that we could put it on Nanowrimo and make a table of contents for it, or have a stretching narrative progress over the unconnected stories.

Kris
10-03-2016, 06:04 PM
I like the idea, but I am not sure how I feel about getting it outside of RPA. Plus, it's collective work, and not exactly one person. Does it even fit to be there if more than one preson writes it?

Griff
10-03-2016, 06:09 PM
Well like people could decide a loose theme before they write, and if there was a table of contents it could label the authors who worked on each section

Kris
10-03-2016, 07:24 PM
If people will want this, go ahead.

Kris
10-12-2016, 06:43 PM
8 more days to vote people!

Omac
10-24-2016, 01:26 AM
We're all still doing this, right?

Kris
10-24-2016, 11:31 AM
Yes we do.

I'll start it on the 31/10

Kris
10-26-2016, 10:37 PM
No. 10 is our winner.

The stories of Arthur Sandford, Planer Traveler, are about to be told.

See you all on the 31/10 ! :D

Closed!