PDA

View Full Version : Welcome To Paradise (OOC)[R]

Evil Troy
10-27-2009, 04:11 AM
Plot

Your eyes open to let in the light of day. Beneath you lies the cold hard ground, and above you a lifeless sky. You have been lying down. For how long you are not sure. When you get up you look and find that you have been lying on a small road leading into a deserted looking town. On the side of the road you see a sign, “Welcome to Paradise”. You try to remember why you are here. But instead you can’t remember anything. All that you can remember is your name. Everything else, where you live, who your family is, where you work, you can’t remember anything. It’s nothing but an empty void.

Why are you here? What is Paradise? Who are you really?

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss269/Hottskill/RPG/photomani.png

Rules[b]
-Me and Bliss are the GMs. What we say goes. No exceptions.
-If you plan on joining this thread make sure you can post when needed. -Otherwise let me and Bliss know before hand so we can make adjustments or just don't join.
-All RPA rules apply.
-This is going to be a horror RP. So anyone who is not comfortable with violence, language, and possibly graphic scenes should find another Rp.
-If you read the rules Post ~RF~ at the top of your character sheet.
-Romance is allowed.
-Rules are boring but we have them for a reason.
-Have fun!

[b]Character Sheet

Name:
Appearance: (Real photos only, please no anime or drawings.)
Bio:

Accepted Characters

1. Mark Landon - AngelicWarrior
2. Charlie Disbrow - Lady of Shallot
3. Claire Hannon - nazguljcg
4. Shelly Taylor - Merry Gentry
5. Aaron Reynolds - DB Wolf
6. Ava Rae Haven - Lacey

Side Notes

The reason for the bio in the character sheet is so that chaos won’t break out when people start trying to figure out their history in the RP. It will just help to make things easier and more realistic. So in other words, anything you want your character to remember about themselves put it in their history. But please don’t make your character remember something and it not be in the history.

Try to keep the boy/girl ratio even.

Evil Troy
10-27-2009, 04:17 AM
Name: Mark Landon
Appearance:
http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss269/Hottskill/RPG/adam20gontier20.jpg

Bio: Mark is the lead singer for the band "Only4U". After graduating high-school Mark went on the road with his band. Due to all the tours he's been on he hasn't had a chance to see his family or his home since. Because of this Mark lives on his bands bus and whatever hotels they may be staying at. Mark is also planning on marrying the lead guitarist to his band, Charlie Disbrow.

John
10-27-2009, 09:17 AM
~RF~

I really like the sounds of this. I really want to see what you have planned in this. Here’s a character, hope you like it.

Name: Claire Hannon(maiden name Reynolds)
Appearance: http://www.unificationfrance.com/IMG/jpg/stargate_atlantis_jewel_staite_2.jpg

Bio: Claire’s father was an executive at a marketing firm and her mother worked as a university professor. Claire’s parent worked long hours and never really had any tine for her when she was young. She was raised by nannies and tended to find ways to get into trouble. Usually by pulling a prank on the nanny. When Claire turned thirteen, she was sent to a boarding school where she continued to get into trouble, but still managed to excel at her studies. In her later years she became fascinated with the law, and the ways it could be used to manipulate people. She graduated form the boarding school and got accepted into a pre law program at Harvard, with the help of a sizeable donation from her parents.. Claire graduated form Harvard university with a PhD in law at age twenty eight. She was quickly recruited by a corporate law firm in New York City, and she began her career as a lawyer. Shortly after beginning work at the firm she started dating one of the other lawyers, David Hannon. When she turned thirty, they were engaged. If Claire could remember what she was doing before she woke up in Paradise, she would know that she was on her honeymoon in Puerto Vallarta when she disappeared. Claire is a nice person, but can be lying and manipulative when it suits her needs, especially in court.

Do the Charcters have any possessions or is it just the clothes on our back?

rabbit
10-28-2009, 01:27 AM
Only what we're wearing. There may be something in your pockets though, and you can wear jewelry.

rabbit
10-28-2009, 01:28 AM
Name: Charlie Disbrow
Appearance: http://i25.tinypic.com/2d6oe11.jpg
Bio: Lead guitarist for the band Only4U; lives on the road and in various hotels with her fiancé; she’s engaged to Mark Landon; is terrified of birds

Evil Troy
10-28-2009, 01:46 AM
Yup, you can have jewelry and whatever is in their pockets. Of course remember to be realistic with the stuff in the pockets, no hunting knife and pistols and stuff like that okay. Pocket knifes are fine though.

Also nazguljcg, your character looks good. Accepted!

Jubilant
11-01-2009, 06:47 PM
~RF~

I agree with Nazgul, the premise of this is interesting. :)

Name: Luke Bryers
Appearance: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/22/Thomas_Dekker_LF.JPG

Bio: Luke Bryers was born and raised near Seattle, Oregon. Luke's mother died of cancer when he was 4, leaving him in the care of his father, Michael. His father was abusive and did drugs. He often lashed out at his son. Luke grew up hating him, and the rest of the world for letting it happen. He ran away at age 15, living on the streets and occasionally returning home to steal money from his dad.

Because of all this, Luke is hostile. He doesn't make friends easily and would rather be alone than be around others. However, if he's provoked he won't hesitate to try and intimidate others or even attack them.

Before waking up in Paradise he was most likely roaming the streets, picking up odd jobs wherever he could. In his ratty jeans are $30 in folded bills and a photo of his mother.

rabbit
11-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Accepted, Jubilant! Great work! ~Luck~

DB.
11-02-2009, 12:02 AM
~RF~

Name: Aaron Reynolds

Appearance: http://www.salon.com/entertainment/feature/sexiest_man_living/2008/11/20/downey/story.jpg

Bio: Aaron was born to a banker, his father, and a nurse, his mother. He had a pretty normal life. His parents made good money and Aaron did pretty good in school.

As he got older he began to get a fascination of pilots, he eventually decided to be a fighter pilot for the United States Air Force. He worked hard to get in the physical and mental state to be a pilot and he frequently used a flight simulator to learn how to fly. He passed high school with a 3.8 GPA and entered an ROTC center at Columbia University in New York city. In the program he was one of the top ten students. He passed every test with a high score and eventually moved on to graduate from the program.

He was finally a pilot. At first, most of his missions were to patrol the airspace but one day he got a high priority mission from his superiors. He was sent to take out a force of enemies that invaded American airspace. He, and a few pilots took off and reached the mission objective. Aaron took out some of the enemy before being shot down by an unknown enemy airplane. Although he lived, with minor injuries he still passed out. He awoke in a place called Paradise with no recollection of his past.

Lacey
11-02-2009, 12:14 AM
Name: Ava Rae Haven

Appearance:
http://a93.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01501/29/07/1501127092_l.jpg

She always wears this necklace:http://www.asher-uk.com/acatalog/IMG_3084b_copy.jpg

Bio:

Ava Rae had a relatively normal childhood until she turned 9, when her mother was diagnosed with a severe sleeping disorder after her father took her to the hospital. No medicine seemed to help her and she was always crying, not fit to work. Since her father was usually working so they could pay for her mother’s medical expenses, Ava started working as a sort of nanny to her mother until a medication could be found to help her sleep.

The doctors though that they’d found something to help her, but her mother ended up having a severe allergic reaction and going into a coma. It was around this time that Ava started wearing the necklace she now wears, as it had been one of her best childhood memories. Nearly a year and a half later, in the middle of Ava’s sophomore year, her father pulled the plug on her mother because he couldn’t come up with enough money to keep her in the hospital. He broke down and she had to take care of him for a few months until he got back on his feet.

Now she’s a freshman in collage, studying for her English major and a minor in music.

Merry
11-02-2009, 01:57 AM
Name: Shelly Taylor

Appearance: Char Pic (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_p39Trjz5E-o/SN8lpCAhPYI/AAAAAAAAAK8/tRraToSDOCY/s400/short-razor.jpg)

Shelly is a bright, witty, small town farm girl. Born and raised in a small community in Vermont. She is the youngest child of three. Ever since she was a small girl it has been her family’s tradition to take a trip to Boston to see the lights in the Common at Christmas. That tradition is what made her start dreaming of moving away.

She is currently enrolled in the local community college, biding her time until graduation when she can get in her little Honda and drive to a city where no one will know her name, or her family or who she dated and went to the prom with. She dreams of being somewhere where there are no smells of animals, or horses or corn and beans. Where pavement is king and anonymity is the word of the day.

She was headed to work at the drug store, when her car got a flat tire. After realizing she had no cell service to call for help, she abandoned the car and started walking. Taking an overgrown path through the woods, that should have brought her to the back parking lot of the Rex-All, she finds her self instead on the road leading into Paradise.

John
11-03-2009, 05:03 AM
Just wantd to mention, for when this starts, I am still a newb(on the site) and cannot have more than one PM at a time in my inbox. Hope this will not cause any problems. If you need to give me information that only my charcter would know, I can give you one of my email addresses and you can message me there.

Lacey
11-04-2009, 12:33 AM
Did this die? If this died I may start crying because I liked it.

Jubilant
11-04-2009, 12:41 AM
I don't think it's died; they're probably waiting to fill the last couple character slots.

rabbit
11-04-2009, 02:08 AM
Yes, we're just waiting to fill a few more of the character slots! Advertise, you guys!

Evil Troy
11-04-2009, 03:31 AM
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around, I've been sick these past few day.

Well anyways back to business!

DB Wolf, Lacey, and Merry all of your characters look good. Accepted!
Oh and we actually have enough people to start now! I'll have the post up in a bit.

Evil Troy
11-05-2009, 02:18 AM
All right guys the IC is up and running!
Here is a link if anyone needs it.

http://74.220.215.108/~rolepla3/forum/showthread.php?t=1049

Merry
11-16-2009, 09:50 PM
more please? anyone? anyone?

rabbit
11-17-2009, 01:38 AM
Our fearless leader has to post. xD

Merry
11-17-2009, 01:25 PM
well... where is he!
Bliss aren't you keeping tabs on him? Hmmm?

rabbit
11-18-2009, 02:38 AM
He's being lazy. ee; -Tugs on Scott's cheek.-

Merry
11-19-2009, 02:31 PM
*sigh* lazy? LAZY? Sorry, lazy is not an option!

Evil Troy
11-19-2009, 09:54 PM
Oww, you don't have to tug on my cheek you know. I posted anyways.
Sorry for the delay everyone.

rabbit
11-20-2009, 04:13 AM
Haha. Ok guys, go ahead and post again, I will sometime too. :]

Merry
11-20-2009, 02:14 PM
:anne: Hurray! Thanks for coming back and postin AW

Evil Troy
11-24-2009, 01:52 AM
Hello? Where is everyone? Post!

rabbit
11-24-2009, 02:11 AM
x_x Omg, guys! Post!

John
11-24-2009, 04:53 AM
DB wolf told me that he is sick and will be unable to post. As for the others, I can't say

rabbit
11-24-2009, 04:55 AM
Did he say when he will be able to post, darlin'?

John
11-24-2009, 05:04 AM
Just said when he gets better, think he has the flu really bad.

rabbit
11-25-2009, 05:49 AM
Well, lets hope it isn't H1N1 (swine flu). -Knocks on wood.- Well, in the mean time, everyone else, please post. :]

I'm... Working on it. x_x;

DB.
11-28-2009, 02:31 PM
Don't worry it wasn't swine, though this was the second time I got sick this month. Everyone in my school is sick, so that's probably why.

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot to say when I'll post. Anyway, I just woke up so I'll post in a few.

rabbit
11-29-2009, 10:42 PM
Good post, DB! Thank you!

DB.
12-01-2009, 09:07 PM
Okay, someone needs to post.

Merry
12-02-2009, 10:49 PM
working on it now! I was away for a few days... -grin-

John
12-02-2009, 11:57 PM
I have this feeling that we have lost Jubilant. I checked his profile, and he hasn't been on since November 10.

rabbit
12-03-2009, 03:04 AM
Greeeaaaat. r_r

Ok, so, I talked to Angelic and he agrees - we now have a spot open!

Anyone care to take over his character, maybe, or create one of their own?

ARandomHeretic
12-05-2009, 04:46 AM
If you're still accepting, I'd like to apply.

Name: William "Billy" Desmond

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n203/hazelmetal/Photo03_1A-1-1.jpg

Bio: Billy is that kid that everyone seems to like. Through his entire life, he abstained from conflicts while proving to be an effective mediator. Girls loved him and the guys did, too. High school was a party and college isn't proving any different, though Billy is due to graduate with a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering. His family was small and loving. Billy, being the oldest sibling of three, grew to become more of a friend to his parents than a child making the bond he shared with them even stronger than most children.

Billy is not without his faults, however. A heavy drinker, Billy developed a dependency to alcohol when he was just seventeen. When intoxicated, Billy is the violent, black-out drunk, and has found his way to the hospital on several "bad nights" for alcohol poisoning, severe beatings, or both. Moderation is not his strong suit.

Billy is currently wearing what is seen in the above picture: a plain brown sweatshirt, faded brown fleece, off-green t-shirt, blue jeans, and black Adidas tennis shoes.

rabbit
12-06-2009, 12:39 AM
Looks good to me, Random. :]

ARandomHeretic
12-06-2009, 12:48 AM
Thank ya, Bliss!

ARandomHeretic
12-06-2009, 04:06 AM
I just realized how many possibilities there are with this game. We need more posters, NAO! I want to know where this takes us.

roan
12-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Room for one more?

roan
12-08-2009, 11:38 PM
Maybe not. . . ?

rabbit
12-09-2009, 01:32 AM
Sorry, we're deliberating. XD

Evil Troy
12-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Roan you can go ahead and post your character sheet.

Merry
12-09-2009, 11:35 PM
Hurray! More people! *dancer*

ARandomHeretic
12-10-2009, 04:47 AM
Now we just need more plot development! :)

roan
12-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Okie dokie.

roan
12-10-2009, 11:00 PM
Name: Maria Owl

Appearance: http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b111/Bummer05/Realms/asd.jpg (http://www.dailymakeover.com/appImages/galleryImages/all_womens_looks/Selena_Gomez+Oct_23_2008.jpg)

Bio: Maria was raised in an average middle class household in a small suburban town. She was a normal child, playing with Barbie dolls and asking millions of questions. When her eldest sister passed away in a car accident Maria became a wild child. As she got older she began to sneak out and experimented with drugs. When her grades began to drop drastically her parents threatened to send her to an all girls private school or a type of boot camp. Angry and scared she pack her school bag with all she thought important and left, stealing as much cash from her parents to get on a bus to anywhere.

CptxMorgan
12-11-2009, 03:48 AM
Anything open?

ARandomHeretic
12-17-2009, 01:24 AM
Anything going on with this RP?

rabbit
12-17-2009, 01:28 AM
x_x I'm working on a post. -Pokes ground.-

Merry
12-17-2009, 02:57 AM
hurray! I was hoping people were just busy, but would be back!

rabbit
12-19-2009, 11:04 PM
I'm going to post, I'm going to post...

Merry
12-21-2009, 04:07 PM
doooo eeeeet! this RP has so much potential to be amazing! come on!

rabbit
12-22-2009, 01:30 AM
Hey, I did! XD Harass other people!

Merry
12-22-2009, 02:44 PM
You got it! :thumbup: Don't have to tell me twice!

and nice post... btw...

rabbit
12-23-2009, 01:26 AM
It was? xD Cool! Lol

Merry
12-29-2009, 03:26 PM
*sigh* come on... I wanna play more!

John
12-29-2009, 09:43 PM
I am still keeping an eye on this. Maybe it's just me but i think we need our fearless leader to post.

Merry
12-29-2009, 11:42 PM
yes..I left him a visitor message...*sigh*

ARandomHeretic
12-29-2009, 11:52 PM
Anyone should post. At this stage of the game, there is no leader, we're all trying to figure out whats going on. Once we get to the town, then its up to him to let us know what we're facing.

Merry
12-30-2009, 12:06 AM
well since you, myself and bliss were the last posts... Anyone else?

rabbit
12-30-2009, 03:01 AM
D: Someone bug theeeem. I can't do much till I get home.

DB.
12-30-2009, 04:21 AM
I'll post tomorrow.~lol~

John
12-30-2009, 05:25 AM
Anyone should post. At this stage of the game, there is no leader, we're all trying to figure out whats going on. Once we get to the town, then its up to him to let us know what we're facing.

My charcter's sole puepose at the moment is to go to the town PD, I can't do that without a description of the town. But, I will post tomorrow and do some dialogue just to keep it going. Which i should anyway. I need to get the feel for this one again.

Merry
12-30-2009, 12:55 PM
:eager: yes! Then Random and I can get to town as well.... POST!
please? and thank you...

broseph91
01-02-2010, 04:47 AM
anymore spots open

Evil Troy
01-06-2010, 06:30 AM
Finally posted...Thanks for not giving up on this RP guys.

@Brose: sure just post your character sheet and either me or Bliss (Aka Lady of Shallot) will let you know if it's good or not.

roan
01-07-2010, 12:35 AM
I edited a lil' to my character sheet.(pg5) Name, age, and picture. Spur of da moment. ^__^

DB.
01-10-2010, 06:41 PM
Crap, forgot about this.

rabbit
01-10-2010, 10:48 PM
o_o Appreciated, DB. POST!

DB.
01-11-2010, 01:29 AM
I'll have to do it tomorrow. :vFrown:

Merry
01-11-2010, 01:32 AM
promise? pretty pretty please?!?

DB.
01-11-2010, 11:45 PM
Done =)

Leilayh Blaine
01-12-2010, 01:22 AM
Are you still accepting?

rabbit
01-12-2010, 01:24 AM
Gotta check with my other darling GM. :3 Pretty sure we are, since everyone's so positively dead!

Evil Troy
01-12-2010, 03:29 AM
Yes we are still accepting.

Leilayh Blaine
01-12-2010, 03:49 AM
Kennedy Richards
Female
Twenty-Two
Appearance (http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs32/i/2008/207/d/a/Tomboy_by_krene.jpg)

Bio:
Kennedy was a die hard tomboy at heart. She grew up in a small town, in Texas where she was crowned champion of the tractor races. Leaving that life for college was the best thing Needy Richards had ever done. Studying in New York was hard, and the winters were cold, the people even colder, but that never stopped her from being all smiles and southern charm. She wanted to be a doctor, and a damn good one she would make. Except something had happened to make her question all her plans, and now life was a whirlwind of mistakes.

Evil Troy
01-12-2010, 04:08 AM
Wow that looks good Leilayh, Accepted! :th2up:

Leilayh Blaine
01-12-2010, 04:09 AM
Awesome! Thank you. Imma go post now.

rabbit
01-12-2010, 04:20 AM
Yaaay :D

roan
01-18-2010, 11:49 PM
Sorry you guys but I will be away for a few days. I have to lend my internet card to someone. Blah, life sucks but I thought I'd let everyone know. Sorry!

rabbit
01-28-2010, 03:20 AM
Hope to see you soon, Roan! This is moving slow anyways. xD

Merry
01-28-2010, 03:33 AM
as long as we post now an then... :) we're still here!

Evil Troy
02-01-2010, 05:05 AM
Hey guys sorry I haven't been around in a while. Life can hit you hard sometimes. Anyway, I'll try to post by the end of tomorrow.

Merry
02-02-2010, 12:49 AM
come back soon AW

Evil Troy
02-17-2010, 04:03 AM
Hey who all is still interested in this?

Merry
02-17-2010, 04:07 AM
me! me! me! *waves frantically*

John
02-17-2010, 04:49 AM
I would be willling to keep going with it, but it will take me a bit to get going again(post quality). Have to regain my flare for this one.

roan
02-17-2010, 10:52 AM
Was going to post yesterday. But then I was invited to my mom's house for steak after work so.... I'll post today!

rabbit
02-18-2010, 01:55 AM
>.< Wooooow

roan
02-19-2010, 01:42 AM
Sorry 'bout 'dat! >_<

There was someone fired at my work this week and the second worker didn't show so... I had to do their work and mine and I was just SO tired yesterday.

A day late but 'der ya go!