PDA

View Full Version : Top Five Long Lasting Series

Omac
02-12-2017, 07:57 PM
These are the series that lasted more then five seasons. Post yours!

Mine, in no particular order, is;

1. Smallville
2. Survivor
3. Castle
4. Burn Notice
5. Supernatural

I've finished or caught up with all of these except Survivor, but I did see more then ten seasons of the show so it still counts.

Notty
02-12-2017, 08:23 PM
1. Doctor Who
2. Parks & Rec
3. Bones
4. Star Trek
5. M*A*S*H

- - - Updated - - -

In no particular order, because they are all fabulous shows :)

Dragoon
02-12-2017, 08:43 PM
1. Supernatural
2. Smallville
3. Friends
4. Gunsmoke
5. Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Crazywolf
02-13-2017, 12:11 AM
This makes me realise how many of my favourite shows only ran 4 or 5 seasons...

1. Dad's Army
2. Buffy
3. Xena
4. Would I Lie to You
5. Graham Norton

In the past I've also been a big fan of Scrubs, Southpark, The Simpsons and Malcolm in the Middle, but in each instance the episodes have been re-run so many times by the tv channels it's got to the point I feel a bit tired of watching them. The Simpsons also tarnished itself a bit by going on too long.

Omac
02-13-2017, 12:16 AM
Dragoon Crazywolf I just started watching Buffy on Hulu. I'm about four episodes in. It's really good. I was surprised I liked it because of how old it was.

Got to agree with you Crazywolf. Some shows would be better if they didn't go too long. I still haven't watched the final season of Scrubs because I liked the way season 8 ended.

Kayser
02-13-2017, 12:35 AM
From the Particular order of all time Fav to all around decent IMO.

Breaking Bad.
GoT
The Walking Dead
Dexter

Catharijne
02-13-2017, 10:56 AM
Stargate SG-1
ER
Grey's Anatomy
Law and Order
Law and Order SVU

Crazywolf
02-13-2017, 04:53 PM
Dragoon Crazywolf I just started watching Buffy on Hulu. I'm about four episodes in. It's really good. I was surprised I liked it because of how old it was.
Buffy is awesome. I just love the characters and the dialogue. Another good point is that although it's a show about vampires the characters also deal with proper real life issues. The show is also very aware of itself which stops it ever getting too pretentious. I can't really say anything else without spoiling it.

Got to agree with you Crazywolf. Some shows would be better if they didn't go too long. I still haven't watched the final season of Scrubs because I liked the way season 8 ended.

I'm not actually sure I saw the last season myself. part of that had to do with moving apartments and the fact I then didn't have to eat dinner sat on the sofa any more.